Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Lol is this your guild? A “perfect portal bomb” is when you lose 5 people and don’t kill a single enemy? rofl

o.O well i guess that commander is good at not getting discouraged, i dunno how i would feel as one of the guys that got left behind because they capped the portal and they shoulda known they would

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: UltraHiDef.4809

UltraHiDef.4809

Well since TC lost to FA last week, it should be pretty evident that most of the WVW players are taking some time to celebrate the Holidays with their families now (as are most people). I wouldn’t get too worked up about the results this week.

Yeah, and FA’s favorite strategy seems to be to run away and bore us to sleep by playing the hard PPT game. Hey, whatever works for you.

/Shrug

Skew things however you want Scrooge.

It’s not skewed, it’s a pattern. TC map hops after they get wiped a couple times.

That’s about right or just hides in tower with Ac’s. I rather miss SoS b/c they didn’t do this that much at all during SEA. They actually would have open field fights.

Agreed. We had to chase the TC 60+ map zerg from map to map (since there’s no fight in MagSwag) to get fights. Sadly TC doesn’t fight unless there’s a tower nearby with atleast 600 supplies.

The match prior to last week, this was what I thought about FA when we continuously raided every Orange swords on all 4 borders because FA kept disappearing on the map (sea/ocx time).

Want me to give you Meow’s whereabouts once we get back from holidays? I’ll be your spy on Meow.

Yes please. It will be wonderful.

I’m hoping my guildleader shows up again; so we can have gvg’s in the future. I think we’ve cancelled our gvg’s 2 x straight now.

We had one.

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

http://youtu.be/atxCDhDZJSU?t=1m4s

Also, I always wish I could be on the X-side of these 2-5vX videos just to experience first hand what the issue is with them not being able to bring the small group down.

I guess you weren’t with your guild in the above clip. To be fair, I think we did have six though. :P

Unfortunately I haven’t found an opportunity to run around in WvW with guildies, so no, I’m not in that vid. However, know that the guild I’m in only collectively does WvW about once a week I think, and even then they typically can only scrounge up about 8-10 people from what I can tell. It isn’t a WvW guild by any means, more just a social guild that dabbles in everything the game has to offer.

They’re a great group of people, but I’d estimate there are only about 2-3 of us that truly love WvW and spend a lot of time there regardless of what else is going on. The rest are just there for fun occasionally.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Well since TC lost to FA last week, it should be pretty evident that most of the WVW players are taking some time to celebrate the Holidays with their families now (as are most people). I wouldn’t get too worked up about the results this week.

Yeah, and FA’s favorite strategy seems to be to run away and bore us to sleep by playing the hard PPT game. Hey, whatever works for you.

/Shrug

It’s not skewed, it’s a pattern. TC map hops after they get wiped a couple times.

That’s about right or just hides in tower with Ac’s. I rather miss SoS b/c they didn’t do this that much at all during SEA. They actually would have open field fights.

Agreed. We had to chase the TC 60+ map zerg from map to map (since there’s no fight in MagSwag) to get fights. Sadly TC doesn’t fight unless there’s a tower nearby with atleast 600 supplies.

The match prior to last week, this was what I thought about FA when we continuously raided every Orange swords on all 4 borders because FA kept disappearing on the map (sea/ocx time).

Want me to give you Meow’s whereabouts once we get back from holidays? I’ll be your spy on Meow.

I’m hoping my guildleader shows up again; so we can have gvg’s in the future. I think we’ve cancelled our gvg’s 2 x straight now.

We had one.

Argh, I missed it then. y.y

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Earlier today while messing around upgrading stargrove in maguuma our small group ran into this ele/necro/thief/guardian, I think I saw a pro tag there. Well it was fun fighting you guys, we probably only won cause we had one more person than you

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

And its even more funny see people who has no life and stay behind a PC even on Summer, thats really sad . Thats what people call " ADDICTION "

You do realize that it’s Winter in the Northern Hemisphere, right?

We might have found the only Stark who has no idea when winter is coming.

Also, I always wish I could be on the X-side of these 2-5vX videos just to experience first hand what the issue is with them not being able to bring the small group down.

Usually organization and coordination. On both sides.

Right, but I still want to feel it.

I see you laying dead all over the place. I assume it feels a lot like that.

You probably do, because I run around everywhere and don’t personally find it enjoyable to escape a bad situation by anything but the skin of my teeth. I’m the guy who will keep chasing a group that’s tactically retreating and get caught out when the other people go running somewhere else. I just want to fight, so I keep pushing the fight until it ends one way or the other. I also often run back into the fray to help drop some CC to enable someone else to escape, then fall because I haven’t specced for any sort of Necro mobility (there is some if you try, but I like other toys better). I also skirt the edges of blobs to see if I can’t entice a few to break away, or I drop Chillblains/Reaper’s Mark into a moving Blob to elongate it and distract chunks of it to break its momentum.

I don’t ever remember seeing you though, because I have no idea who you are.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

And its even more funny see people who has no life and stay behind a PC even on Summer, thats really sad . Thats what people call " ADDICTION "

You probably do.

Then you already know the feeling.

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

Welp, judging by mos we COULD have this matchup next week, cant say I’m really disappointed, but then it will be another week broken up by holidays, hopefully there will be some people out to fight despite that. Less beating on doors and more beating on people plz.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Farming TC at north supply camp the other night. I like how they have to drop siege to do anything.

So, you killed a leaderless ~10-man TC pug group (rarely all at once) that was at least half uplevels and randoms from RP/PvE guilds over and over again with a 7-man wvw guild group?

Well done, sir. Well done. Your technique is flawless.

Seeing has how TC had the option to respawn dozens of times, and at times came at us with well over 15, I think it was interesting enough to watch, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered to save the recording.. It was 5 VR and Sixes up until right at the end when one additional VR joined in.

It was all in good fun, but when a commander gets called in for 5 people (I spike him at the orb) it is pretty funny, even if it is a pug commander

Excellent fight. The truth is that a vast majority of the people and guilds in this game could not win that fight with your numbers. Especially the people from guilds that run with 20+.

Yes true enough, especially folks setup to run with 20 or more, as those builds tend to perform so poorly against smaller groups. I rarely have the opportunity to run in such a well balanced 5 man, it was a lot of fun, as it is so hard to find a challenge in that team size that isn’t a blob. Toying with blobs a 5 man can never take down isn’t any fun. I overextend too much.

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

You probably do, because I run around everywhere and don’t personally find it enjoyable to escape a bad situation by anything but the skin of my teeth. I’m the guy who will keep chasing a group that’s tactically retreating and get caught out when the other people go running somewhere else. I just want to fight, so I keep pushing the fight until it ends one way or the other. I also often run back into the fray to help drop some CC to enable someone else to escape, then fall because I haven’t specced for any sort of Necro mobility (there is some if you try, but I like other toys better). I also skirt the edges of blobs to see if I can’t entice a few to break away, or I drop Chillblains/Reaper’s Mark into a moving Blob to elongate it and distract chunks of it to break its momentum.

I don’t ever remember seeing you though, because I have no idea who you are.

This is a lot of words to reiterate that you don’t use TS.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

UltraHiDef.4809

/Shrug

We had one.

I think we won about 10 rounds in that scrim. and only lost 1 round.
Also, I just camped Mag’s North camp with awesome siege skills.

Attachments:

(edited by UltraHiDef.4809)

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

/Shrug

We had one.

I like the rams but you won’t see NOVA calling themselves the king of roamers. Also I see 2 red names to your full party and one is a Maguuma Recruit.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

(edited by kfarb.6732)

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

How to troll TC:

Go NN on TC BL with 4 people.

Kill 10 man FA group trying to take NN (they were half uplevels so w/e, just saving them time with the waypoint).

Push into fully upgraded NN camp w/ 2 ACs, 2 ballistas in camp and 2 ballistas on stairs.

Fight 5-6 TC + guards pulling them around corners to avoid Ballista fire. Kill TC players and most guards.

Kill players on ACs and camp Ballistas while LOSing stair ballistas with walls and well.

Kill new influx of random TC players.

Pull 60 man TC blob from citadel. Kite 60 man TC blob to skritt with no losses. Laugh IRL as our full support mesmer kills a warrior glued to her by dragging him off a ledge. Kill random TC stragglers who obviously weren’t on mumble.

Run back to NN.

Kill 2 new ACs in the camp.

Pull guards and random TC (again).

Kill guards, stack behind well.

Watch as TC players on ballistas fail to get off ballistas and let us cap fully upgraded NN with 4 people.

/laugh 20 times. WP home.

Please stick to RP/ERP TC. Holy kitten.

It is so clear to anyone that only TC makes errors /blobs /hides with ac etc etc etc …unlike yourselves that never make mistakes never blob s never use Ac and are real manly men .

One thing did notice just now in SMC your compatriots are expert at …

Alt+ f4….

Once is unimportant ..3 times coincidence ….5+ a pattern ……

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Dead game. Play broken thief class and OCD in it.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Maguuma got to be there when DB fell flat on it’s face, and now get’s FA the week they stumbled; and their PvF has officially broken the will of the mods.

Maguuma is having it’s best run ever.

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Good fight with that Mag ele north of Aldons. Nice to see Mag has at least one solo roamer, a refreshing change from all the 2-6 man groups I usually see from Mag (and FA as well).

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

katniss.6735

Nice to see Mag has at least one solo roamer

w a t

twitch.tv/mlgw2

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Mag is all solo roamers but we all try to fight the same guy

Bad Elementalist

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

More on the subject of the BOMB leader having learned from novus… The guy well known for his spy accounts and just all around anger?

I heard that he took all the gold out of the RQ guild bank and bailed.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Stay on topic. Jajajaja.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

I haven’t logged into WvW pretty much at all this week. Anything worth mentioning?

Choo blahblah, CERN blah blah, VR blah blah north camp blah blah, Meow blah blah, BOMB blah blah, mag beating FA blah blah.

NOPE blah blah, JAJAJAJAJA blah blah, underwater combat blah blah, jajajajajajja blah blah

QFT. Sums up well how the majority of match posts look to my failing sight.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

/Shrug

We had one.

Ah. Wish I was there. I love good fights be it winning or losing because that’s why I play gw2 for. Currently just finished my company project. I’ll join you guys in a bit after work.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Good fight with that Mag ele north of Aldons. Nice to see Mag has at least one solo roamer, a refreshing change from all the 2-6 man groups I usually see from Mag (and FA as well).

I spent the past 4 hours solo roaming on my Warrior.

I was lagging almost the entire time though, and found that it’s really hard to hit Skull Cracker when you’re constantly rubberbanding.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

JudgeD.5673

I spent the past 4 hours solo roaming on my Warrior.

I was lagging almost the entire time though, and found that it’s really hard to hit Skull Cracker when you’re constantly rubberbanding.

Must have missed you then, though I was on 3 different maps. Then again, I main rifle engineer, not exactly known for solo camp capping or anything other than a 1v1. :P

CrSy/LaWz

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Apparently mag has nothing better to do than gank duels.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

This guy still commanding on TC?

he’s prob dead with a rage induced heart attack, dang

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

So your preferred commander is ala shaggy.

Inhale exhale. Oh yeah. Come stack to me lil monsters.

Come to ebg fa friends. So lil of us in that map.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

So a little sad that NV or meow didn’t want to have a 2v2-5-5 with me. Hope we get each other next week, maybe we can set something up. If you’re not too scared.

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

[ZzZz] is persistent ill give them that.
Good fights tonight doh

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

TC AARM warrior and Swag perplex thief sure rage quit fast after they got ruined at FC. That logout made me remember good altf4 days. Guess that is what happens when you cant win 1v1s.

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Must have missed you then, though I was on 3 different maps. Then again, I main rifle engineer, not exactly known for solo camp capping or anything other than a 1v1. :P

i disagree

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

JudgeD.5673

i disagree

Well whenever I try anything, it seems 2-5 from the other server show up. Besides, I said rifle engi, not grenade or bomb builds, which are capable of quite a bit.

CrSy/LaWz

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

UltraHiDef.4809

Maguumans are roamers? Okay.

Attachments:

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Yes, because kicking NN is not an expected way to attract a zerg.

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

If you get zergbusted like that it’s only your fault for having no awareness or not getting out of the way.

Go to obsidian sanctum arena if you want guaranteed 1v1s of your choice or is the crowd there too hard?

Also 4 is a havoc group. Do you even roam?

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

…is not an expected way to attract a zerg.

“I’ll attract the enemy with my human call: ’I’m so wasted! I’m so wasted!’”

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Irikami.6270

Irikami.6270

Rifle engi is my main too ( sd ), aw good times of roam around.
The damage is high and so fun, not a cool thing against a good tank. But still is fun when u see kitten faces like “wut happened, i died”.

Artien Ni, Engineer
Naraku no Kitsune, Necromancer
Fort Aspenwood (GODS)

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

katniss.6735

All I see is a mad dead kid spamming screenshot directory until they get more than 1 Mag player on the screen at a time.

Notice how all the Mag tags are different?

BECAUSE ROAMER

twitch.tv/mlgw2

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Rifle…“wut happened, i died”.

I STILL have that sort of thing happen to me, only with warriors. 2 weeks ago, I was all “is that a ranger or a warrior?” BLAM Ah, warrior.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

^^^ lol deviantart

someone was wanting to 2v2 meow like one page ago, go pm him okay?

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Congratulations Mag because of your tenacity you defeated FA. Congratulations TC for doing your best. Ty FA for being great sportsmen. It goes to show that a matchup isn’t as easy to predict.

Till next matchup.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Was going to make a second half of the week vid but Xmas so here’s what happened the first half of the week. I imagine the second half was about the same.

http://youtu.be/T2xVPc6V-Wk

[Ark]Noober

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

Congratulations Mag because of your tenacity you defeated FA. Congratulations TC for doing your best. Ty FA for being great sportsmen. It goes to show that a matchup isn’t as easy to predict.

Till next matchup.

“tenacity”? I think “coverage” is a better word to use. You have more players online than us this week, it’s that simple. I also noticed that Mag has really changed from being basically a roaming server to generic PPT, but it’s all good, if that makes the game more enjoyable for you.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

You guys got beaten up by a T3 server…..again…

(edited by Shrouded.6450)

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

Lol is this your guild? A “perfect portal bomb” is when you lose 5 people and don’t kill a single enemy? rofl

See the other tag on the map there? That was me. They were so busy with NV that they didn’t even bother to defend the tower from us. We ended up breaching the wall and taking the tower before SoS had any idea what was happening while they were fighting NV.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

BLKNovember.5620

That video has at least 5-6 months old, it was the first time Tyrion face AGG, thats why he’s so excited.

Now Tyrion was the one who asks AGG to battle over there, he was saying to a guildmate who has friends in AGG to go in that direction, because he want to face them.
He lose but as you can see in the video he dont care, he just want to fight more and more, thats why we love him so much.

The actual Tyrion its much much much more organized to command.

But its really funny to see how much people desired him now. I still remember when he start in APS, he was the leader behind the leader, he plays more from the darkness and never try to be a Famous Commander, Delune and Tyrion was the true leaders on that guild.

When APS split Tyrion go to RQ and learn a lot from Novus Y, and when RQ go to JQ Tyrion stay in FA and created [BOMB]

Its very funny see people talk about him, even when he is on vacations and he is not comming back until January.

I’ve known Tyrion since I started commanding, but Z was my friend, I knew his style of commanding, and he was great at it. I don’t see how you can condone the tearing apart of a community, you didn’t say anything about him but the message is clear. No wonder he left FA.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

(edited by Moderator)

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

BLKNovember.5620

Tiers aren’t even a thing anymore. Anyways, the big guilds are on holiday, all we have is one milita of 40 people at most for all the BL’s. I expected it to be a slow week. And it is. Winning is out of our reach this week, but at least the fights are still good.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I’ve known Tyrion since I started commanding, but Z was my friend, I knew his style of commanding, and he was great at it. I don’t see how you can condone the tearing apart of a community, you didn’t say anything about him but the message is clear. No wonder he left FA.

Z seems really nice. Can you persuade/threaten/cajole him into making more Huts of Doom?!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Tiers aren’t even a thing anymore.

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/2844d01.png

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Dec 20th - FA/TC/MAG

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Z’s role these days seems to be nothing more than trolling Fort Aspenwood. Sad how the mighty have fallen.

Chaba Tangnu