Dec 6: TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

kinda odd here, looks like fighting in gold isnt very healthy. early numbers have the silver top 3 beating the 4,5,6 in gold. But, maybe its just a reset thing.

I think its more of a case of 7 weeks fighting uphill peeps are just taking small breaks and not taking things to seriously atm. I could be wrong but I know I only played a couple hours then called it a night. FA has seemed to get much bigger, not a complaint or insult so much as an observation.

yeah, FA is riding high, but we ll see how that balances out. Also its still just the weekend. Interesting though

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

kinda odd here, looks like fighting in gold isnt very healthy. early numbers have the silver top 3 beating the 4,5,6 in gold. But, maybe its just a reset thing.

I think its more of a case of 7 weeks fighting uphill peeps are just taking small breaks and not taking things to seriously atm. I could be wrong but I know I only played a couple hours then called it a night. FA has seemed to get much bigger, not a complaint or insult so much as an observation.

yeah, FA is riding high, but we ll see how that balances out. Also its still just the weekend. Interesting though

Indeed, this week will just be relaxing and fun for me at least. Those were a brutal 7 weeks, alot of fun at times but still brutal. I think many deserve a much needed blob break.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Fa is doing well keep it up ;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

So FA… that’s a whole lot of new tags you’re sporting. Looks like our precious brother bandwagon eating server became the bandwagon finally. This is… depressing.

Don’t worry Tier 1 contender, you’ll keep your crown for coverage wars.

Both TC and SOS seems to be pretty well versed in the blobs and zergs, so you should look in mirror regarding bandwagons.

FA seems to have learned the blob well judging from fa bl last night

Don’t be jelly that our blobs are better than yours over the last 16 hours.

I’m sure you’ll show us how it’s really done soon enough.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

So FA… that’s a whole lot of new tags you’re sporting. Looks like our precious brother bandwagon eating server became the bandwagon finally. This is… depressing.

Both TC and SOS seems to be pretty well versed in the blobs and zergs, so you should look in mirror regarding bandwagons.

Don’t be jelly that our blobs are better than yours over the last 16 hours.

I’m sure you’ll show us how it’s really done soon enough.

Don’t be jelly about our delicious toast, cause then we may have to…spread you onto our toast? Idk, where i was going with that

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

I don’t know either. Maybe you need to have some breakfast involving toast and jam

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Now that FA has Downskee, I’m going to enjoy the match thread 100x more.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

I don’t know either. Maybe you need to have some breakfast involving toast and jam

Bro you can’t even handle this jam.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Awesome start by FA. Glad to see you guys still have the fire.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Well, TC will probably win anyway, the question is, who will take the second place.
Also, I heard TC lost some guilds? How? You guys won SOR.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

KH and EP left in the second week of leagues. RoT left in the third week I believe. They were long gone before we placed second over SoR

(edited by Kigera.9584)

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

http://youtu.be/-QjdndiP2Gw

Fun fights in eb.

Oh yeah, our sea/ocx is very small now; so you might want to help us by transferring here haha.

;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: UHD.2634

UHD.2634

Meow’s first day after the Season, and it was awesome. Definitely 100 times better than the season’s matchups.
Meow fights Sea of Sorrows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec9Y3gBrd5I

Your Last Light-Gandara, Staff and a D/D Elementalist.
Fioravante-Fort Aspenwood, D/D Elementalist and a Warrior.

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

http://youtu.be/GI8YG2UaYfE

here’s some good fights in smc earlier. k, will upload the videos again tomorrow. night guys, hope to fight you guys again.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Was definitely pretty psyched to place above SoR. To be fair, SoR’s loss of folks impacted them pretty badly too – I’m not entirely sure how many left, but I know [IRON] at least was part of the Great SoR Exodus of 2013.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

Oh yes! The RAM/HOPE 17 man grp and ATK/GLOB 25 grp. We learn how to blob from tier one server very well!

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

Oh yes! The RAM/HOPE 17 man grp and ATK/GLOB 25 grp. We learn how to blob from tier one server very well!

FA still run in “tactical squads”?

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I can see FA still hasnt learned how to count.
Protip, the RAM/HOPE group and ATK/GLOB groups both individually had enough to pop orange swords on NPCs. All togehter it had to be close to 55-60~ people. We had 45~ people at our peak in the night, not including NAGA.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

(edited by Nickthemoonwolf.1485)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ThunderCat.8395

ThunderCat.8395

Protip, the RAM/HOPE group and ATK/GLOB groups both individually had enough to pop orange swords on NPCs. All togehter it had to be close to 55-60~ people. We had 45~ people at our peak in the night, not including NAGA.

protip: you dont need 55-60 people to pop orange swords

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

protip: you dont need 55-60 people to pop orange swords

Protip: the words “all together” were totally included.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

Everyone knows that no matter what server you’re on you always have maybe 15-20 on you with 10 or so pugs and the enemy has a 60 man blob.

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Everyone knows that no matter what server you’re on you always have maybe 15-20 on you with 10 or so pugs and the enemy has kitten – 60 man blob.

But we constantly counted. After the first few hours we had an average of about 35 people on the commander, and several dedicated to sentrying. We just spent the last 7 weeks fighting T1, we know what 60 man blobs look like.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

Everyone knows that no matter what server you’re on you always have maybe 15-20 on you with 10 or so pugs and the enemy has kitten – 60 man blob.

But we constantly counted. After the first few hours we had an average of about 35 people on the commander, and several dedicated to sentrying. We just spent the last 7 weeks fighting T1, we know what 60 man blobs look like.

yea dude, I was agreeing with you

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

Yea after the mega blob FA hit FABL Bay with last night you guys have no room to complain about zerging…

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirah.5613

Mirah.5613

Guess FA should stop running our 15 man Necro MM zergs. TC might get scurred

Ash – [RET] Guardian – FA
#poopootiem

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

Most solid TC group I’ve seen thus far is CERN. Not so sure about everyone else. TC isn’t quite the same without KH and EP.

Also, we have the same 6-7 people chest thumping every match-up thread, so try not to extrapolate their views to the rest of the server.

(edited by nomdeplums.5780)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Yeah I have no freaking idea why that was posted.

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

In history, FA has always had an extremely strong showing on reset and in the weekend.
At the very least, 8 weeks of easy EASY matchups for you guys is over.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

KH and EP left in the second week of leagues. RoT left in the third week I believe. They were long gone before we placed second over SoR

Shame about RoT, they were a fun fight when they were in TC and Attunejam is my dood. When we fought SBI, they either fielded few or were MIA. Scheduled a GvG with RoT and they couldn’t even gather a group of 15.

Fighting EP and KH on other servers should be interesting. It’s good to see CERN alive and well, was fun fighting them in TCBL again as they wernt much of a threat when Nightlight disappeared in our previous matchups.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

The OP of that thread doesn’t speak for the rest of us.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Missed you FA guys. Always willing to bring the fights. Should be a fun rest of the week.

Go TC!

in Match-ups

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

The OP of that thread doesn’t speak for the rest of us.

^ this a million times over.

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neophyte.4985

Neophyte.4985

Shame about RoT, they were a fun fight when they were in TC and Attunejam is my dood. When we fought SBI, they either fielded few or were MIA. Scheduled a GvG with RoT and they couldn’t even gather a group of 15.

Fighting EP and KH on other servers should be interesting. It’s good to see CERN alive and well, was fun fighting them in TCBL again as they wernt much of a threat when Nightlight disappeared in our previous matchups.

Well in RoT’s defense they lost about half thier people just before they transferred. They had picked up a lot of the ex MU/TSL guys, but the leader came back and wanted to restart MU. So they all transferred to HoD. Last I heard RoT is still rebuilding from that.

The Shining Force [TSF] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cheloss.1453

Cheloss.1453

At the very least, 8 weeks of easy EASY matchups for you guys is over.

Thank God

Por la Razón o La Fuerza [CL]
Fuerte de Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Can we just all shut up and enjoy this amazing even and close matchup rather than 7-8 weeks of blowouts. :[

in Match-ups

Posted by: TCDJ.5378

TCDJ.5378

FA, Good fun in SoS Bay at roughly 3:20pm PST/Servertime.
The sheer amount of ACs you had definitely made me think twice before going balls-deep and just making the best out of it, which luckily turned out to be successful.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The FA supertankers are doing very well. I guess 7 weeks of Easy Mode has them itching for a fight.
What’s with TC though? I know you guys have fairweather issues at times but it’s a little early to run up the flag.

I heard that FA does pretty well during the day so FA might go from Silver League sandbagger to taking SoR’s spot.

I’m impressed considering the generally poor quality of opponents we’ve seen from there (I haven’t gotten to tangle with FA’s better guilds yet. Just folks like OBEY, CL, and FtF.)

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

I wouldn’t replace FA with SOR quite yet. I’m sure TC and SOS will be very tough to beat through the week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

The FA supertankers are doing very well. I guess 7 weeks of Easy Mode has them itching for a fight.
What’s with TC though? I know you guys have fairweather issues at times but it’s a little early to run up the flag.

I heard that FA does pretty well during the day so FA might go from Silver League sandbagger to taking SoR’s spot.

I’m impressed considering the generally poor quality of opponents we’ve seen from there (I haven’t gotten to tangle with FA’s better guilds yet. Just folks like OBEY, CL, and FtF.)

At least for reset day, our participation reached historic levels of low. We were actually outmanned on all maps for most of oceanic/SEA/early EU (including ebg, yes), which hasn’t happened since leagues. Many commanders are taking breaks from what I’m seeing.

I’m sure they’ll be back though. New FA is great to fight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

I wouldn’t replace FA with SOR quite yet. I’m sure TC and SOS will be very tough to beat through the week.

Didn’t you hear? We are the new BG!

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

This would make sense since everybody has hated FA for over a year, just like BG. Does this mean we have to pay for a large European guild to join us to?

in Match-ups

ykyk.2740

There’s no way to put “buy” or “bribe” or “stacked” into “Fort Aspenwood” and make it sound nice though.

Fort BuyWood just doesn’t have that ring to it ’know what I mean

in Match-ups

Posted by: TCDJ.5378

TCDJ.5378

I’d like to coin “Fort Purchasewood,” in case it ever becomes relevant.

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

I think we’re too poor to buy guilds. The reward chest only had 15 silver in it.

in Match-ups

ykyk.2740

It all comes back to the wood I guess.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I’d like to coin “Fort Purchasewood,” in case it ever becomes relevant.

It may not fit into your puns. But I still think Fort kittenpenwood has a nice ring to it.
Well, this didn’t work out the way I had hoped…. Lol. kitten you censorship. Refer below for the name, please.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: American.2869

American.2869

[FW] just transferred to SoS today.(Newly created guild) (Split from a SoR guild) Only a few of us have made the move so far, but so far we’re having a blast. We love the SoS community. The fights have been great so far from just a few of us roaming around.

Thanks to NV for the few who split from their zerg to fight us with equal numbers.

All in all good day today.

~ [RET] Retribution ~
Necro: Skyinho

in Match-ups

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

There’s no way to put “buy” or “bribe” or “stacked” into “Fort Aspenwood” and make it sound nice though.

Fort BuyWood just doesn’t have that ring to it ’know what I mean

What about Buy Aspenwood? Or Fort stackedwood?

in Match-ups

ykyk.2740

I tell you the wood is ruining everything