Dec 6: TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

So much double teaming on FA
You know SoS if you fought TC more you might come in second this matchup, instead of just preventing us from having a chance to win

You must be new to this tier. Welcome. Today’s lesson: if you complain about double teaming, prepare for lots more of it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: neostars.7029

neostars.7029

You know SoS if you fought TC more you might come in second this matchup, instead of just preventing us from having a chance to win

Blah I was on running with BEAR and they attack whoever gave best fights.

Sea of Sorrows
(Level 80 Ranger/Guardian)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Irikami.6270

Irikami.6270

They love FA. TC is not really doing it all the time, but SoS is happy in 3º i think.

Artien Ni, Engineer
Naraku no Kitsune, Necromancer
Fort Aspenwood (GODS)

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

Are you saying SOS can’t take the first place position? .

Doesn’t matter, we won this week because we won reset.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I haven’t really seen a double team, but I have seen a lot of people take a break from the ppt game.

TC seems to be in full on karma train mode and SOS has been blobbing more than they did back in the day.

Overall it’s pretty much what I expected when returning from leagues.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

I haven’t really seen a double team, but I have seen a lot of people take a break from the ppt game.

TC seems to be in full on karma train mode and SOS has been blobbing more than they did back in the day.

Returning from leagues? No, welcome back to T1 brother cause in T1, zergs to mega zergs- such as those that SoS and TC have been running of late in this match-up – are the norm.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

How does TC let SoS put a wp in smc?

Cooperation and teamwork…all the while both focusing FA.

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Returning from leagues? No, welcome back to T1 brother cause in T1, zergs to mega zergs- such as those that SoS and TC have been running of late in this match-up – are the norm.

Isn’t this T2?

I suppose this is a product of the last 7 weeks.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Son, you have -no- idea what actual T1 is like at this point. Welcome back to T2, where FA belonged BEFORE leagues and before you guys tanked.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

I’m actually surprised we made it this far into the match-up thread before tanking was brought up. Good stuff.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rai.2310

Rai.2310

Wait… you are trying to tell SoS to not double team with TC all the while insulting them in the process. I fail to understand this reasoning. Also where is the double teaming in that screenshot? I was there and we were simply hitting FAs side of EB for the reason of well uhmmm… because we wanted too.

Please stop this talk about double teaming and enjoy the first close match up we’ve had in 7 weeks

Pirate sailing on the Sea of Swag

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I’m actually surprised we made it this far into the match-up thread before tanking was brought up. Good stuff.

Dont flatter yourselves, its been a subject since the first 10 minutes into the matchup.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Peeps need to enjoy these close matches instead of worrying who wins. Trust me, its FAR better than a blowout.

If SOS and FA are able to keep it like this against TC unlike during league when TC was beating SOS and MAG by 200k points, I’d say we’re doing it right.

At this point TC really only has to focus FA to secure their win for the week, and SOS is going to do whatever they choose (push for second by hitting FA, or take 3rd by focusing on TC). If they don’t care who wins, then it should be a pretty even affair.

Any way you slice it, there are plenty of bags to take on the field.

Edit: between 1st and 3rd it’s a difference of 15k points.

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in Match-ups

Tibstrike.2974

Dont flatter yourselves, its been a subject since the first 10 minutes into the matchup.

Are you angry or something?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cheloss.1453

Cheloss.1453

Very balanced and entertaining game . Best there is not queue

Por la Razón o La Fuerza [CL]
Fuerte de Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I was leading from 8pm Oceanic all the way to 2am Oceanic just now with my guild group + SoS militia.

Trust me when I say we aren’t hitting any side over the other. We fought on FA BL against Meow and other decent FA guilds and we also fought Awe/INVC on TC BL near their garri. In fact, everything except TC Garri and one tower is paper because of us

Of course, I don’t speak for everybody on the server but myself and my guild don’t care who wins or places second. We just do whatever the hell we want

EBG is … EBG. It’s always been a bit random there.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I don’t think anyone in gold league should give a crap if FA tanked or not. They got a bunch of free wins and picked up momentum and now T2 looks fun again. Pre-league this matchup would have been over by monday or something, which kinda sucks for everyone.

in Match-ups

grabemx.9836

Time to roll the tank up in here

Attachments:

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

I don’t think anyone in gold league should give a crap if FA tanked or not. They got a bunch of free wins and picked up momentum and now T2 looks fun again. Pre-league this matchup would have been over by monday or something, which kinda sucks for everyone.

+1. I fondly recall both the BG/KN/TC and the FA/TC/DB T2 matchups, where the week was up in the air right up until Friday. Right now, both FA and SoS are giving great fights, and I’m finding myself setting an early alarm clock just so I can get an extra hour of fun in before work.

Welcome back, FA, and glad we still have you in our matchup, SoS. Fun week!

Side note – to the SoS Guardian coming out of South Camp on FABL a few hours ago (that quaggen’ed himself while crossing the bridge) – you, sir, are the reason I love this game so much. Laughed my backside off for a good five minutes. Well played!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Peeps need to enjoy these close matches instead of worrying who wins. Trust me, its FAR better than a blowout.

It is like a finger pointing the way to the moon. Don’t… stare at the beard… um… I can’t look away. Help.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Let me just say that I freakin’ love FA. One of the only servers out there that consistently takes any fight offered to them and doesn’t ragequit when things don’t go their way. <3 So glad you guys are back…

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

+1. I fondly recall both the BG/KN/TC and the FA/TC/DB T2 matchups, where the week was up in the air right up until Friday. Right now, both FA and SoS are giving great fights, and I’m finding myself setting an early alarm clock just so I can get an extra hour of fun in before work.

Side note – to the SoS Guardian coming out of South Camp on FABL a few hours ago (that quaggen’ed himself while crossing the bridge) – you, sir, are the reason I love this game so much. Laughed my backside off for a good five minutes. Well played!

TC/FA/KN back near the beginning of the year was the golden era of WvW to me. So much fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Hahaha… is that what the kids say in silver league?

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Tibstrike.2974

Yes they do.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Holy crap, FA I didn’t expect this from you! Beat TC and it means you are on par with SoR.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I think it’s going to be as it is now: TC, FA, SoS. Hopefully it stays close and competitive until the very end. TC was in trouble until yesterday morning and SoS was surging until early NA yesterday.
I think it’s safe to say that if any server decides that Wintersday is more interesting that things will shake up.

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

I think it’s safe to say that if any server decides that Wintersday is more interesting that things will shake up.

I think we all know which of the 3 servers here will be all over the Wintersday achievo’s, games and fun. Especially that spiked nog’ nothing beats a night out in DR with some of that ’nog fueled mayhem

^^

in Match-ups

grabemx.9836

It is a founding principle of silver league.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

TC/FA/KN back near the beginning of the year was the golden era of WvW to me. So much fun.

++1

So much this. I can’t help but feel nostalgic about those times and also remember them as the golden era.

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

It is a founding principle of silver league.

Lol… I am starting to understand. Reading the SBI thread is a whole nother level. Kinda a throw back to the first time I started playing up in t2 thinking I knew what I was talking about. It’s cute. They just lost a 10k+ lead in 1 day basically.

Glad FA back in here, been some good fights and you guys (most) have a good sense of humor.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I see I’ve been away from the match thread too long and missed out on both the “wvw noob double team qq” and “tank/bandwagon” chapters.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Stay tuned for the stunning conclusion of this weeks thread when FA joins the Dolyak parade as a participant rather than a spoiler…

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

That would be a shocking return…

in Match-ups

Posted by: daocvet.3524

daocvet.3524

Stay tuned for the stunning conclusion of this weeks thread when FA joins the Dolyak parade as a participant rather than a spoiler…

A video of this would go viral imo….move over Jean Claude and Volvo…we have an even more epic feat than this….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

I dunno what everyone’s complaining about. This is the closest match up TC has had in a long time. We all appreciate good fights and we’re happy that FA are now new and improved.

Close match ups are fun. Full scale blow outs are boring.

Oh and to [BEAR] guild on TC BL last night. Those structures you took were mostly paper and we allowed you to take most of them to help keep SoS in the game and continue to fight as the week progresses. This is not an alliance or anything – we just like close match ups and good fights.

Now onwards and upwards good friends

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

... and it’s Tuesday. Ain’t over til Friday.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

It ain’t over ’til the fat lady sings. If you happen to be a fat lady, please refrain from singing.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Since it is finals week for many people in college, the dolyak parade probably won’t be happening Also the Hobbit comes out that night..so…

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Oh and to [BEAR] guild on TC BL last night. Those structures you took were mostly paper and we allowed you to take most of them to help keep SoS in the game and continue to fight as the week progresses.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/condescending

fo real yo.

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

It ain’t over ’til the fat lady sings. If you happen to be a fat lady, please refrain from singing.

Your mom is singing very loudly.

It’s over.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Oh and to [BEAR] guild on TC BL last night. Those structures you took were mostly paper and we allowed you to take most of them to help keep SoS in the game and continue to fight as the week progresses.

fo real yo.

Not even in the slightest bit was this intended to be condescending – you would have heard me on voice comms telling people to let SoS take a few things if you were playing when we were they bring a good fight.

I legitimately want them to stay in this fight because it’s more fun this way for all servers.

But whatever – everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, yo.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Tom.8029

Your mom is singing very loudly.

It’s over.

My mother is actually quite skinny. I think it may just have been you with your high-pitched voice. It’s okay. Don’t be ashamed.

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

If my voice was high pitched, she must have sat on something very tender.

I’ll forgive her

in Match-ups

Tom.8029

If my voice was high pitched, she must have sat on something very tender.

I’ll forgive her

She sat on your neck? I do apologize for that.

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

my neck…. yes, that’s it

She must have needed a break.

in Match-ups

Posted by: HughJass.5930

HughJass.5930

AHA! that was me, love it when people appreciate things like that! :P

[ETA] Head Honcho
Whisper me in game for GvG or a good time
IGN: Big Papa Cheezy

in Match-ups

Tom.8029

my neck…. yes, that’s it

She must have needed a break.

Have you never heard of Kit Kat bars?

in Match-ups

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

fo real yo.

Not even in the slightest bit was this intended to be condescending – you would have heard me on voice comms telling people to let SoS take a few things if you were playing when we were they bring a good fight.

I legitimately want them to stay in this fight because it’s more fun this way for all servers.

How’s that legitimate? I doubt SOS wants freebies. Winning is where the fun is, not PvD on an empty keep.

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoplomachii.6213

Hoplomachii.6213

To the FA Zerg that attacked TC’s Borderlands North Camp around 7pm server time, I want to thank you guys alot for dropping a Leaf of Kudzu .. cant tell which guy dropped it though .. was spamming Staff 1 and F button.

Now I can go for an early Wintersday shopping. Hope you guys have a merry Wintersday too!

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

fo real yo.

How’s that legitimate? I doubt SOS wants freebies. Winning is where the fun is, not PvD on an empty keep.

With the amount of omega golems you guys have devoted to the MIGHTY GOLEM GOD this week, you’d be surprising me if this was true ;o hehe

Also yesterday in SoS BL was the silliest time I’ve ever had in WvW period. GODS PvDooring into the keep (you didnt need the golem with 80 people, come on now), staying in the keep without even hiding until we took it back. And then jumping in when the (very large) FA and SoS groups were fighting in hills lords room and stealing the last two ticks to cap it ;P We were laughing SO HARD about it

Lunar Fighter