in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

First from the bottom we win.

SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

wow we are up against maguuma, i hear a lot of disturbing things about you guys, JQ returned to t1 after fighting you guys they seem to lost something, one JQ was even in a strapped jacket mumbling maguuma. my friend also returned after fighting your roaming guys he spent 5 hours in the shower shaking and crying.

looking forward to fighting you guys.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Glad to see SoR is fighting harder compared to last week. Rebuilding a server’s morale after a crash is a hard task and it’s really good to see you guys are getting there.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

wow we are up against maguuma, i hear a lot of disturbing things about you guys, JQ returned to t1 after fighting you guys they seem to lost something, one JQ was even in a strapped jacket mumbling maguuma. my friend also returned after fighting your roaming guys he spent 5 hours in the shower shaking and crying.

looking forward to fighting you guys.

This is probably my favorite post ever.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winkin.1490

Winkin.1490

Does SoR have any guilds like Riot / oPP?

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

yep 40 man roaming IRON

BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

yep 40 man roaming IRON

They will take that compliment, be careful :P

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Can’t wait to fight Mags EU
Wont be needing to chase BG 1/2 way across the map just to see them suicide off a cliff :P

Wasn’t IRON not allowed to post on the forums

Nice try, but im not in IRON anymore
for reasons im not going to discuss on the forums

I had made the decision to post on the forums fully knowing about being kicked, so.. yeah claim the kick, but i was leaving anyway.

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I mean there’s literally 0 scouts inside of any of your structures lol…

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I pity the fool that don’t spend 8 hours on a keep wall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

Spending your “shift” sitting on a cannon, waiting to plink at people as the run by…the pinnacle of gw2 gameplay.

edit: or in other cases sit in sw tower on a treb, ready to throw cows at roamers in the ruins.

(edited by shagworth.5017)

in Match-ups

Snafu.7412

Spending your “shift” sitting on a cannon, waiting to plink at people as the run by…the pinnacle of gw2 gameplay.

Devon Carver would be proud.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Wont be needing to chase BG 1/2 way across the map just to see them suicide off a cliff :P

I had made the decision to post on the forums fully knowing about being kicked, so.. yeah claim the kick, but i was leaving anyway.

“You can’t fire me! I quit!”

Ah well, enjoy life outside of IRON

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

What map does AoN usually play on during the week?

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

You guys just don’t understand what it means to be part of something bigger. They don’t get bored because they know what they are doing is helping their server win.

“Capt. Jack Aubrey: The second time… The second time he told me a story… about how someone offered him a boat cloak on a cold night. And he said no, he didn’t need it. That he was quite warm. His zeal for his king and country kept him warm. "
-Master and Commander

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Every day I log in to WvW and think “god, know what I really want to do right now? Sit on siege.”

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

“You can’t fire me! I quit!”

Ah well, enjoy life outside of IRON

You dont even know 1/2 the story, so yeah..

but i will thanks

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

It really depends. Generally a BL, more often then not either SoR or BG, but we tend to move a lot to try and keep on the map where we are outmanned and our other organized groups are not running. We like EBG but until after the weekend its too laggy for precision play.

~TLDR most often SoR or BG BL.

in Match-ups

Jado Cast.1805

It really depends. Generally a BL, more often then not either SoR or BG, but we tend to move a lot to try and keep on the map where we are outmanned and our other organized groups are not running. We like EBG but until after the weekend its too laggy for precision play.

~TLDR most often SoR or BG BL.

Ok, thanks. Hope to see you on the Battlefield

in Match-ups

Jado Cast.1805

Some fights from last night. We ran into more blobs than anything and I got rolled over a couple of times when I didn’t see it coming. But in 3.5 hours of play this was as good as it got while roaming . . .

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

edit: or in other cases sit in sw tower on a treb, ready to throw cows at roamers in the ruins.

I call them cannon trolls.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

thats kinda clever

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Every day I log in to WvW and think “god, know what I really want to do right now? Sit on siege.”

Careful, with that mentality you might actually end up winning a match!

What does that get you? PPT decoder ring with a holographic dolyak?

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

Ascii is banned, asked me to post – GL have fun! Welcome Maguma!

Say what? His posts have been on the straight and narrow for months! Weird.

Anyhoo, all the best in this week’s match everyone.

I’ve heard blackgate has some decent roamers. I’m hoping that turns out to be true.

The rumors are true. Opp and Riot guild specially have some great solo and small group roamers. I don’t like to represent any guild when I roam but be careful of a bumblebee Asura Ele you might encounter.

is your signature ironic

No, I have been told that by so many players on blackgate and from opponent servers that I am starting to believe it xD..

this pains me

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Careful, with that mentality you might actually end up winning a match!

What does that get you? PPT decoder ring with a holographic dolyak?

Maybe. I’m only in it for the Golden Dolyak finisher.

Oh my god yes I’m in your sig.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

I pity the fool that don’t spend 8 hours on a keep wall.

this would be awesome if you add the Mr.T voice to it.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: MadSpin.2041

MadSpin.2041

“Can’t believe I’m defending somebody from oPP, but as good as Rennoko is, I doubt he’d have better results if he were fighting in T1.” – ©2013 Poxheart.2845

Melanin – Considered by many players to be the Blackest™ WvW roaming Ele from Blackgate.
http://melementalist.com/booncondcontrol-cheatsheet/
http://www.twitch.tv/madspin

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

Sweet tagless commander BG in EBG! Sweet T1 tactics losing your section.

It wasn’t a tagless Commander. BG’s EB militia had no commander.

KnT had run EB since reset, and when I logged (I’m guessing an hour before your post?) my replacement was in queue. Unfortunately, no-one on map was able/willing to tag up. At that stage Durios had been turned to paper but we were holding Bravost and QL (just).

We’d been double-teamed for 2 hours or so when I logged. This is not a complaint, it was smart play by both sides. We were effectively supply starved us and often hit simultaneously on our north and southwest flanks. This is actually “strategy”, not “tactics”.

The upside is that you’re never bored and there were some excellent fights as we bounced around from one side to another. I got some decent FRAPS of these engagements, showing our actual “tactics”, which I may get around to putting up.

SoR was driving this with a sizable force and Mag were sucker-fishing intelligently off it. The best I saw from Mag was KH (?), even with their relatively small group, they clearly need to be treated with caution.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

“Can’t believe I’m defending somebody from oPP, but as good as Rennoko is, I doubt he’d have better results if he were fighting in T1.” – ©2013 Poxheart.2845

Rennoko #1 NA without clothes, get some clothes on already Rennoko.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Mel! How’s Magguma roamers so far?. I’ll log in a few hrs to finally face some of them. Hopefully the queue isn’t a killer…

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalla.4290

Kalla.4290

Mel! How’s Magguma roamers so far?. I’ll log in a few hrs to finally face some of them. Hopefully the queue isn’t a killer…

They hit hard but are squishier than anything I’ve faced in a long time, same with most Mag hammer trains, a lot of damage output but once you get in the back lines everything is easy. I will admit it is more difficult to get into their backlines than a lot of servers but we’ve been fighting BG Hammer trains for so long that Maguuma’s just aren’t as scary. So, yea I will compare Mag’s Hammer trains to old BG’s (recently BG’s have been a huge disappointment, I think it is due to a lot of new WvW’ers playing now, which isn’t a bad thing).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mortiferus.8350

Mortiferus.8350

he was only on for a bit last night mb hell make a of vid fighting some of these t1 “roamers”

in Match-ups

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

Please get more hammers Maguuma.

in Match-ups

Snafu.7412

They hit hard but are squishier than anything I’ve faced in a long time, same with most Mag hammer trains, a lot of damage output but once you get in the back lines everything is easy. I will admit it is more difficult to get into their backlines than a lot of servers but we’ve been fighting BG Hammer trains for so long that Maguuma’s just aren’t as scary. So, yea I will compare Mag’s Hammer trains to old BG’s (recently BG’s have been a huge disappointment, I think it is due to a lot of new WvW’ers playing now, which isn’t a bad thing).

I lol’d at hammer trains.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tjizn.5834

Tjizn.5834

our guardians are still in queueue : (

plz no im [bad] #magswag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

lol hammer trains old meta. It makes sense though, these T1 guys less skilled and deal with massive lag and queues all day. Might as well roll an 80 man hammer train and press 1111111111. They don’t know how to play other classes or use their other abilities in open field, mainly for the lag. Seriously though… they’ve got their PPT. So….

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

in Match-ups

Posted by: MadSpin.2041

MadSpin.2041

So far so Glassy™… Seems like most of the roamers are concerned w/ DPS over sustain and surviving. I got 100 to 0’d a few times by a mix of classes, but in a group fight situation we’ve been able to res each other up most of the time. I’m looking forward to roaming over the weekend to see what they have to offer. So far we haven’t had any problems winning outnumbered battles against Mag. I think the Mag roamers are like us and like to roam on other BLs instead of their own so you can find them running around in our borderlands.

You’re gonna be blowing these kids up dude. Good luck trying to find a decent duel.

- Mel

Melanin – Considered by many players to be the Blackest™ WvW roaming Ele from Blackgate.
http://melementalist.com/booncondcontrol-cheatsheet/
http://www.twitch.tv/madspin

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

lol hammer trains old meta. It makes sense though, these T1 guys less skilled and deal with massive lag and queues all day. Might as well roll an 80 man hammer train and press 1111111111. They don’t know how to play other classes or use their other abilities in open field, mainly for the lag. Seriously though… they’ve got their PPT. So….

Could this be rmprodigy (mark 2)?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalla.4290

Kalla.4290

Don’t bother responding. The mantra of Maguuma is that no one on any of the T1 servers is any good and they are the bestest, it is like talking to extreme religious nutters.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Don’t bother responding. The mantra of Maguuma is that no one on any of the T1 servers is any good and they are the bestest, it is like talking to extreme religious nutters.

I think it’s more just that we’re waiting for someone to demonstrate otherwise.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

Or maybe we’re all individuals and can’t be categorically filed away as “Maguuma”

I had fun feeding oPP guys bags at NN late last night, shame they fell back to building two ballistas and a superior arrow cart against PUGs. Perhaps full zerk without group support wasn’t the best idea on my part but it’s just fun making really big numbers and forcing organized groups to peel and focus with a single skills use.

in Match-ups

Posted by: narcissus.6418

narcissus.6418

I think a lot of solo roamers on Mag focus on Dps due to wanting to end the fight before 5 others from another server show up.

in Match-ups

Jado Cast.1805

Or maybe we’re all individuals and can’t be categorically filed away as “Maguuma”

I had fun feeding oPP guys bags at NN late last night, shame they fell back to building two ballistas and a superior arrow cart against PUGs. Perhaps full zerk without group support wasn’t the best idea on my part but it’s just fun making really big numbers and forcing organized groups to peel and focus with a single skills use.

WE do that when we get bored and looking for entertainment.

in Match-ups

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

Sounds thrilling but I think you’re doing it wrong, you put trebs up and treb the citadel with cows. Get on NWT’s level.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nonger.9063

Nonger.9063

Heard alot about all you Mag roamers. Can’t wait to get in after the weekend and see what you are all about. Good luck have fun! -Spazzle Dazzle

in Match-ups

Jado Cast.1805

Sounds thrilling but I think you’re doing it wrong, you put trebs up and treb the citadel with cows. Get on NWT’s level.

I don’t know what NWT is but, yeah when its siege we usually do it wrong but we’re okay with that.

Does this meet your approval?

in Match-ups

Snafu.7412

I fought an oPP thief last night on Mag BL he hit like a wet noodle and then stealthed away. Couldn’t be bothered to chase him. I know all your blobs run PVT gear but do your roamings groups run PVT aswell?

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

I fought an oPP thief last night on Mag BL he hit like a wet noodle and then stealthed away. Couldn’t be bothered to chase him. I know all your blobs run PVT gear but do your roamings groups run PVT aswell?

Norn female?

Also no, most of us run a balanced build that isn’t maxdeeps nor tank.

in Match-ups

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

I don’t know what NWT is but, yeah when its siege we usually do it wrong but we’re okay with that.

Does this meet your approval?

saw catapult location, closed video. It clearly wasn’t at NorthWest Tower.

in Match-ups

Snafu.7412

Had a ghost tonic not sure.