SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalla.4290

Kalla.4290

lol hammer trains old meta. It makes sense though, these T1 guys less skilled and deal with massive lag and queues all day. Might as well roll an 80 man hammer train and press 1111111111. They don’t know how to play other classes or use their other abilities in open field, mainly for the lag. Seriously though… they’ve got their PPT. So….

Could this be rmprodigy (mark 2)?

Don’t bother responding. The mantra of Maguuma is that no one on any of the T1 servers is any good and they are the bestest, it is like talking to extreme religious nutters.

Or maybe we’re all individuals and can’t be categorically filed away as “Maguuma”

I had fun feeding oPP guys bags at NN late last night, shame they fell back to building two ballistas and a superior arrow cart against PUGs. Perhaps full zerk without group support wasn’t the best idea on my part but it’s just fun making really big numbers and forcing organized groups to peel and focus with a single skills use.

I can see that. I would love to see big numbers but I am built to live in the hate that is the zerg v zerg world of JQ/BG/SoR. Your DPS roamers rarely kill me in their first volley and I can never slay them before they run off or I do.

I think the disconnect here is that the culture of the servers is built around different ideas of combat. Sure there are quite a few small group and roaming guilds on the T1 servers and they love it but most of the T1 players are more interested in the large scale fights, scales of the size and length that hardware might be broken. Maguuma’s culture is not too terribly concerned with that style of fighting, and so we get each group disdainfully dismissing the others players because of this divide in focus.

I really don’t care about the small scale fights, they are just things that happen in WvW to me. It is the massive three server map zerg fights that last hours that really get me going, or the meeting of two 25+ groups in the open field. The small scale stuff used to annoy me, especially the boasting of it (just ask the oPP guys) in the forums, but I am trying to simply live with it because not everyone likes to play the way I do.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Or maybe we’re all individuals and can’t be categorically filed away as “Maguuma”

I had fun feeding oPP guys bags at NN late last night, shame they fell back to building two ballistas and a superior arrow cart against PUGs. Perhaps full zerk without group support wasn’t the best idea on my part but it’s just fun making really big numbers and forcing organized groups to peel and focus with a single skills use.

We were just trolling around to see how long it would take before you guys would come out with a somewhat larger force to get rid of us. So we waypointed out and we went to check on the SoR spawn area for fights.

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

I fought an oPP thief last night on Mag BL he hit like a wet noodle and then stealthed away. Couldn’t be bothered to chase him. I know all your blobs run PVT gear but do your roamings groups run PVT aswell?

Based on your description you ran into our troll thief and fearless leader, and yes he can run into a zerg and survive but he can also whittle you down in a prolonged fight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

The Maguuma players I’ve fought so far have mostly been solid. It’s been nice to see some of my friends from AoN again.

in Match-ups

Jado Cast.1805

lol hammer trains old meta. It makes sense though, these T1 guys less skilled and deal with massive lag and queues all day. Might as well roll an 80 man hammer train and press 1111111111. They don’t know how to play other classes or use their other abilities in open field, mainly for the lag. Seriously though… they’ve got their PPT. So….

Could this be rmprodigy (mark 2)?

Don’t bother responding. The mantra of Maguuma is that no one on any of the T1 servers is any good and they are the bestest, it is like talking to extreme religious nutters.

WE do that when we get bored and looking for entertainment.

Sounds thrilling but I think you’re doing it wrong, you put trebs up and treb the citadel with cows. Get on NWT’s level.

I don’t know what NWT is but, yeah when its siege we usually do it wrong but we’re okay with that.

Does this meet your approval?

saw catapult location, closed video. It clearly wasn’t at NorthWest Tower.

LOL, i learned something today. Yay me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Mel! How’s Magguma roamers so far?. I’ll log in a few hrs to finally face some of them. Hopefully the queue isn’t a killer…

So far so Glassy™… Seems like most of the roamers are concerned w/ DPS over sustain and surviving. I got 100 to 0’d a few times by a mix of classes, but in a group fight situation we’ve been able to res each other up most of the time. I’m looking forward to roaming over the weekend to see what they have to offer. So far we haven’t had any problems winning outnumbered battles against Mag. I think the Mag roamers are like us and like to roam on other BLs instead of their own so you can find them running around in our borderlands.

You’re gonna be blowing these kids up dude. Good luck trying to find a decent duel.

- Mel

Well that’s a change of pace. I’m looking forward to it. Queue to sor bl for the past 20 mins now…

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

The only person from Opp I’ve fought so far was a thief, but he was on SoR, so not sure what was up with that. Tribute guild maybe?

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Jado Cast.1805

The only person from Opp I’ve fought so far was a thief, but he was on SoR, so not sure what was up with that. Tribute guild maybe?

That’s our spy, here we go again. LOL

in Match-ups

Posted by: HotPants.5604

HotPants.5604

I fought an oPP thief last night on Mag BL he hit like a wet noodle and then stealthed away. Couldn’t be bothered to chase him. I know all your blobs run PVT gear but do your roamings groups run PVT aswell?

Norn female?

Also no, most of us run a balanced build that isn’t maxdeeps nor tank.

I hope by balanced builds you aren’t referring to the 4 different perplexity Thiefs, 3 different perplexity Engineers, 3 mace/shield stun warriors, and GASP one non-cheese D/D Ele (who beat my bottom, well done) that I have run into the entire day on 3 different BL maps. To be fair and honest, I didn’t check the class makeup of the 8-10 man buhtlust “roaming” groups, I just avoided them.

[PYRO] Pants
Maguuma – We give drama a bad name!

in Match-ups

LightningBlaze.4913

“Can’t believe I’m defending somebody from oPP, but as good as Rennoko is, I doubt he’d have better results if he were fighting in T1.” – ©2013 Poxheart.2845

Mel! How’s Magguma roamers so far?. I’ll log in a few hrs to finally face some of them. Hopefully the queue isn’t a killer…

They hit hard but are squishier than anything I’ve faced in a long time, same with most Mag hammer trains, a lot of damage output but once you get in the back lines everything is easy. I will admit it is more difficult to get into their backlines than a lot of servers but we’ve been fighting BG Hammer trains for so long that Maguuma’s just aren’t as scary. So, yea I will compare Mag’s Hammer trains to old BG’s (recently BG’s have been a huge disappointment, I think it is due to a lot of new WvW’ers playing now, which isn’t a bad thing).

mmmm I’ll probably get beaten by my own burst medicine if magguma roamers hit this hard. I’m still in queue… hating my gw2 night life right now

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

So far so Glassy™… Seems like most of the roamers are concerned w/ DPS over sustain and surviving. I got 100 to 0’d a few times by a mix of classes, but in a group fight situation we’ve been able to res each other up most of the time. I’m looking forward to roaming over the weekend to see what they have to offer. So far we haven’t had any problems winning outnumbered battles against Mag. I think the Mag roamers are like us and like to roam on other BLs instead of their own so you can find them running around in our borderlands.

You’re gonna be blowing these kids up dude. Good luck trying to find a decent duel.

- Mel

You sure do like using that TM superscript. Your website is covered in it.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

I hope by balanced builds you aren’t referring to the 4 different perplexity Thiefs, 3 different perplexity Engineers, 3 mace/shield stun warriors, and GASP one non-cheese D/D Ele (who beat my bottom, well done) that I have run into the entire day on 3 different BL maps. To be fair and honest, I didn’t check the class makeup of the 8-10 man buhtlust “roaming” groups, I just avoided them.

Judging by your post, I’ll take it you haven’t actually run into any of us. We have 0 perplex thieves afaik, 0 perplex engis (protip: prybar isnt perplexity), and 1 mace/shield warrior. Now if you had said 3 sword/dagger thieves, 2 condi engineers that do not use perplexity, and 3 warriors using gsword… then yeah… We have those.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MadSpin.2041

MadSpin.2041

TrollMark™ …gets em everytime.

Melanin – Considered by many players to be the Blackest™ WvW roaming Ele from Blackgate.
http://melementalist.com/booncondcontrol-cheatsheet/
http://www.twitch.tv/madspin

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Can’t wait to fight Mags EU
Wont be needing to chase BG 1/2 way across the map just to see them suicide off a cliff :P

Hilarious that you said this, because I caught this moment last night. Note: about 1/3rd of the SoR zerg had already jumped off the cliff, the rest followed shortly after.

This is not meant as an insult to TW or FEAR who are both crafty and skilled on the field, and gave some epic fights in BGBL garri. Just a response to Shiftytroll.

Attachments:

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Match-ups

LightningBlaze.4913

What is up with magguma having mostly mesmers roamers in sor bg atm? so far i have seen 8 mes, 1 ele, 1 ranger and 1 warrior.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Based on your description you ran into our troll thief and fearless leader, and yes he can run into a zerg and survive but he can also whittle you down in a prolonged fight.

That’s impressive, I’ve never seen a thief press 1 on p/d and survive so much. Tell me more of this beefy p/d thief and all of the skill involved.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

That’s impressive, I’ve never seen a thief press 1 on p/d and survive so much. Tell me more of this beefy p/d thief and all of the skill involved.

Watch us play and maybe you’ll pick up some things.

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

Why thank you for your kind words.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

JQ warned us that BG was high on themselves, I now see it’s worse than they implied.

I’m high on life. Does that count?

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

JQ warned us that BG was high on themselves, I now see it’s worse than they implied.

I’m high on life. Does that count?

No. To be true BG you have to ruin your life with heroin.

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

Giving up the forum battle already?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

you aren’t really into fights that much either. I mean there’s literally 0 scouts inside of any of your structures lol…

Tower hugging scouts = fights
#T1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hairwinz.1403

Hairwinz.1403

i expected better of Bag-uuma err maguuma. seams they can’t do anything without SOR’s help.

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

i expected better of Bag-uuma err maguuma. seams they can’t do anything without SOR’s help.

Maguuma does not team up with other realms.

We ask every matchup but they all say no because they don’t like us.((((((((((((((((((

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hairwinz.1403

Hairwinz.1403

oh login right now and go to eb. but we;re haven fun farming bags. seems mags afraid of taking smc and instead do coordinated attacks with SOR. fun bags though. cheers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Maguuma hasn’t owned Stonemist since the late 70’s.

Perhaps we need to bring back bellbottoms.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

you aren’t really into fights that much either. I mean there’s literally 0 scouts inside of any of your structures lol…

Tower hugging scouts = fights
#T1

You have a point, you can’t have scouts if you don’t own anything. :/

Actually I just spent an hour hanging around waiting in paper towers. It’s amazing how many times bg/sor will stack on rams and have 1 ele down so many of them with meteors.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

can we talk about riot, TYYYyyy

they chased me from minotaurs to sw tower to middle of buttlust where my friends were waiting last night hammer stunning the whole way
why??

img: the path i walk/stumbled along

Attachments:

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

can we talk about riot, TYYYyyy

they chased me from minotaurs to sw tower to middle of buttlust where my friends were waiting last night hammer stunning the whole way
why??

img: the path i walk/stumbled along

<3 mah RIOT boys

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

“Can’t believe I’m defending somebody from oPP, but as good as Rennoko is, I doubt he’d have better results if he were fighting in T1.” – ©2013 Poxheart.2845

Rennoko #1 NA without clothes, get some clothes on already Rennoko.

Clothes

Also…. I hear I got called FOTM here, which irritates the heck out of me. Did anyone even pay attention to my last video?… I was poking fun at Dire, and how overpowered it was, before going into a Celetial build for the rest of the video. I challenge you to find 5 necros on your entire server running celesital…. FOTM my foot.

I am running rabid this week, just because I feel like using a condition proc build because SO MANY of these high tier roamers are using perplexity engineers thieves and mesmers.

I don’t find roaming against T1 any different than the lower tier servers except it is harder to have a fair fight. Since I am not really looking for a fair fight anyhow, it works out fine for me. I would rather get zergged every 15 minutes and get 3-4 good fights in, than spend 45 minutes looping the map looking for Emory Bay.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Rennoko #1 NA without clothes, get some clothes on already Rennoko.

Clothes

Also…. I hear I got called FOTM here, which irritates the heck out of me. Did anyone even pay attention to my last video?… I was poking fun at Dire, and how overpowered it was, before going into a Celetial build for the rest of the video. I challenge you to find 5 necros on your entire server running celesital…. FOTM my foot.

I am running rabid this week, just because I feel like using a condition proc build because SO MANY of these high tier roamers are using perplexity engineers thieves and mesmers.

I don’t find roaming against T1 any different than the lower tier servers except it is harder to have a fair fight. Since I am not really looking for a fair fight anyhow, it works out fine for me. I would rather get zergged every 15 minutes and get 3-4 good fights in, than spend 45 minutes looping the map looking for Emory Bay.

If I had a dollar for every condi spamming T1 roamer I fought, I’d be able to buy a couple more legendaries.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: MadSpin.2041

MadSpin.2041

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT@#%#%!#%!%^!

Melanin – Considered by many players to be the Blackest™ WvW roaming Ele from Blackgate.
http://melementalist.com/booncondcontrol-cheatsheet/
http://www.twitch.tv/madspin

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreamciqul.4617

Kreamciqul.4617

Nice fights tonight – only had about 11 guys or so but had fun with that hills take. You’re going to see a lot more RISE now with Jarvan coming back to the game in the very near future. Looking forward to the future fights

[RISE]
Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

This thread makes me happy with Maguuma around. So many trolls a real forum war can’t actually start

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: rmprodigy.4679

rmprodigy.4679

Goodjob Sor and Mag.. really glad to see and hear about another group of skilled guilds and players like those on Mag are laughing and realizing how weak BG is.

BG see a group of Mags, Mags see a group of BAGS!

#Mag2013

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

Goodjob Sor and Mag.. really glad to see and hear about another group of skilled guilds and players like those on Mag are laughing and realizing how weak BG is.

This guy ran from BG all the way to silver league.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Satori.7268

Satori.7268

#Mag2013

This coming from a zerg guild filled with nothing but bads.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

#Mag2013

Man, you are just so smart, I mean, im sure it only took you a whole 5 minutes to think up a saying so clever! Have fun at your little hideout in silver league though!

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Impressions thus far are that this week should be pretty decent for roaming. I haven’t been blown away by the challenge, but at least there’s a reasonable number of small scale fights.

RIOT and oPP were the guilds I was looking forward to fighting, and there were mixed results. RIOT seems pretty decent; should get a few fights out of them. oPP, well, I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the engi I fought today isn’t representative of the guild as a whole.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

I need to dust off my roaming gear, it has been so long. Got sick of starting a fight only to end up getting grouped on every single time… I am going to be so rusty though >.<

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

#Mag2013

Moar bags, watch out for that 15 man Mag blob -http://youtu.be/x7dohXUWKAo

Also we have 2 GvG’s so far this week with SoR but none with BG. Would hate to not get one with BG after doing so much PPT just to get into Gold so we could play against T1 guilds.

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I have been impressed by mags roamers, yup, impressed they call a 40 man zerg roaming.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Super Wilson.7408

Super Wilson.7408

Anybody Miss me yet? I sure miss my OPP and RIOT folks.! Now all I see since the season started is the Queue…….

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

SoR garrison recap

SoR – porting into waypoint for the couple seconds it uncontests – every single time
BG – re-broken in 4 or 5 times so far?
Mag – still hasn’t been pushed out

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

A shout out to the PYRO train. Haven’t played in NA but you have a lot of respect from our guilds. /salute.

And to the SOR forumers, the committee appreciates your restraint on forum vitriol. It helps alot, thanks guys.

FW.

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

the amount of bags on sor bl tonight have been 2much4metohandle

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

Anybody Miss me yet? I sure miss my OPP and RIOT folks.! Now all I see since the season started is the Queue…….

<3 Wilson!

We’ll see you again soon!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

#Mag2013

Moar bags, watch out for that 15 man Mag blob -http://youtu.be/x7dohXUWKAo

Also we have 2 GvG’s so far this week with SoR but none with BG. Would hate to not get one with BG after doing so much PPT just to get into Gold so we could play against T1 guilds.

A lot of BG guilds do not do GvG, they prefer unstaged open field fights. Your best luck would be PLX or maybe OnS on Thursday or Friday when the score is determined.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

#Mag2013

Lol, how are the silver leagues treating you buddy? Managing to win some GvG and get some confidence back for your guild after getting stomped by BG pugs?

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

Also perhaps someone from Mag can explain how the ability to follow the commander’s instructions and move and attack as a co-ordinated unit, combined with the commander’s ability to position his force and know when to charge != skill in blob vs blob engagements

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate