SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Well, now I know why you transferred to t1.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Don’t worry poli. I believe you. I went against this Ele during the couple of minutes I was roaming yesterday (party up with you later that night) and defeated her so easily on 1v1. I’m sure a skillful engi like you does so too.

We never fought. O.o I was looking for you, but the only time I saw you alone you were running on the bridge, but when I attacked, there was nothing there.

I did fought you, wasn’t you a black colored human ele with d/d condition food?

That was me! Did you enjoy my perplex cheese?

LOL loved it!

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Match-ups

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

you think the t1 roamers got there by being bads like magumma? get on their level

When I played with AoN they were very focused on optimizing comps and builds. I actually learned a lot of smart theory from them. If they’re bad then we’re all bad.

They’re kind of bad :\

Dungeon Master calling AoN bad. I can’t go on.

Also farmed your members on SoR/Mag BL Dungeon master indeed!

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Well, now I know why you transferred to t1.

Tiers don’t really matter to me, I’m on BG to play with RIOT. We don’t have 40 active people though.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

AoN is an excellent group of players, when we used to scrimmage them when they were on FA the fights ended up being 50/50 between the both of us. ONI however did not use any “required” or “optimized” builds.

I think your statement is miss-leading.

ONI was never 50/50 in 5v5 play against AoN. Maybe in 2v2 we were 50/50, but not 5v5. No disrespect meant, ONI were great opponents, but we were optimized for group play while ONI was more a bunch of great solo’ers teaming up.

AoN does not have required builds and our optimizations rarely have anything to do with OP meta because our builds are based on group synergy more than individual effectiveness. As far as I know in group play we have not used any of what is being discussed in this thread, nor have we ever ran a hammer train, no warbanner spam, no stacking bunker groups, no perplexity, never stacked classes, etc. I wouldn’t say AoN is even optimized for an even fight, we are built around the idea of hitting larger forces and there are better ways to optimize if 8v8 was the norm.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Man Bagate and Sanctum of Rally got farmed hard in SoR garrison yesterday. That was biggest farm Ive ever seen in games lifetime. You guys got heart though, Mag would’ve given up after wiping a 5th time.

http://i.imgur.com/rmzhUoi.jpg

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Well so far this match seems a lot more fun than last week. BG actually has a few roamers willing to 1v2 or even 1v1 without running and the zergs don’t try to avoid each other at all costs. SoR in particular has a lot of… persistence.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Btw you had more than 8 against 3 oPP( 2 on toons they hardly ever play i might add) and some pugs but why am i expecting you of all people to be honest.

I thought I remembered reading about OPP and how they were a roaming group. Expected to find them something along the lines of AoN. What I did see however was a group of 10 with some pugs thrown in (cant really blame you for the pugs) building siege in north camp against 5 or so of us.

It is what it is, but please dont blow smoke about being outnumbered and such.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Btw you had more than 8 against 3 oPP( 2 on toons they hardly ever play i might add) and some pugs but why am i expecting you of all people to be honest.

I thought I remembered reading about OPP and how they were a roaming group. Expected to find them something along the lines of AoN. What I did see however was a group of 10 with some pugs thrown in (cant really blame you for the pugs) building siege in north camp against 5 or so of us.

I don’t really consider oPP a roaming guild. There are some good players in it, but most of the guild just sits on the island with as many people as they can and adds on fights.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winkin.1490

Winkin.1490

you think the t1 roamers got there by being bads like magumma? get on their level

When I played with AoN they were very focused on optimizing comps and builds. I actually learned a lot of smart theory from them. If they’re bad then we’re all bad.

They’re kind of bad :\

Dungeon Master calling AoN bad. I can’t go on.

Also farmed your members on SoR/Mag BL Dungeon master indeed!

Totally believable. Keep up the great work.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

Watched some/ participated in some good duels against Mag today by Windmill. Heidia, February, Slynn, DocMed, Sanny, all kicking but too. To the thief from RaGe I dueled, GG.

Hope to get some more in this week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

When we do build siege at north camp we don’t do so to defend ourselves with it we do so in order to pull you out of your gate.

People have the tendency to try to destroy an almost finished ballista or Ac no matter the cost , call it …… Erm trolling :-)

Btw it was 2 of us and a pug at north camp for a few good minutes against 4 of Mag and 1 guardian that wouldn’t leave the Ballista no matter what the we had more oPp show up latter on , you outnumbered us for most of the fights so please …….let’s not fabricate stuff.

And no we are not like AON , we are however a roaming guild in the sense that we …..well roam ( solo or in group).

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

(edited by TheThiefMaster.3812)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

I don’t really consider oPP a roaming guild. There are some good players in it, but most of the guild just sits on the island with as many people as they can and adds on fights.

We sit there because we’re bored, looking for a group to fight. We can’t find good fights as a group. I was expecting more 5 man roaming groups on Mag, but we’ve yet to see any that aren’t next to their Legendary Defenders. Yes, you have some that will run around in mix pug groups of 10 or so ADDS, like De|rp/Pyro/random Pugs/IL, but that’s about it. We’ve had one fight with HDA that was nice. It was a good fight, but after we won, they disappeared.

I’ve almost come to the conclusion Mag is a solo roamer server almost exclusively or in groups of 10+, no in-between.

I finally saw AoN today by the windmill while I was dueling, right before I had to log off. But the weeks not over yet.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bashido.8694

Bashido.8694

Regardless of the trash talk about DIE, I have been around when they stomped BG guilds, JQ guilds exct. They are a very solid guild and more importantly they have a crazy amount of fun when they play. We(SoR) have been fighting BG and JQ so long that every guild at some point whooped everyone else’s kitten . All the babble about who beat who and why they left is BS.

DIE decided they wanted to move on for fights/less Q’s and that’s their choice. At the end of the day its a game (granted one alot of us take seriously) and if your not having fun doing what your doing, then why bother.

SoR is as weak as its been but the bottom line is we will always fight, you play your time slot – you go to bed and you don’t worry about things that happen when you aren’t running. We will never “pay” guilds to come over to fill slots though we have donated to help get members over when guilds do decide to come but thats about it.

IMO the matchups have been fun for the NA timeslot, which is all I care about… both BG and Mag have been bringing the fights which is all you can really ask.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Does SoR have any guilds like Riot / oPP?

They used to have CAPS and CD, but they haven’t been around for a while. TW and SF started running a decent 5 mans when Bloodlust first came out, but lately SoR seems to be going through some sort of crisis. I don’t know what is going on with the server as a whole, but most of the small man groups that SoR did have were also major parts of the SoR community, so if that community is falling apart then those small man groups might be disappearing too.

:(

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Match-ups

Posted by: Satori.7268

Satori.7268

I was roaming solo last night and was fighting a mag warrior. I was beating him until 2 mag thieves added, one was from AoN. Who knows the reason and I really don’t care, adds happen all the time.

But don’t make it sound like Maguuma follows some strict code of roaming.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

Everyone who says that “SoR is falling apart” is either sitting in the sidelines or trolling.

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

after getting to play against sor+bg on reset i can say this is probably the funniest thing i have ever seen in gw2

claiming that t1na runs all ptv is wrong. there is no way they can run any kind of gear that has power even as minor stat.

Attachments:

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

after getting to play against sor+bg on reset i can say this is probably the funniest thing i have ever seen in gw2

claiming that t1na runs all ptv is wrong. there is no way they can run any kind of gear that has power even as minor stat.

You were getting rocked there bro.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Jeydra,

Firstly, sounds like a brand new commander. And new commanders need one thing, confidence. Or they won’t be commanding again, ever. A lost SM isn’t worth blowing a new commanders confidence. I am sure that if it was a prominent WvW guild that they were discussing the mistake internally, or in PMs. Airing it in TS isn’t usually the best way to build confidence. Commanding isn’t easy, and it can take weeks to get a good handle on it, even if you’ve been playing WvW for months.

You can have all the forces in the world, but they won’t be effective if you don’t have good commanders, and good commanders have to come from mistakes. I’m SURE she knew she screwed up. And I always back my guild commanders publicly, and privately make sure they know what to do better next time, I’m sure other guilds are similar.

I guessed as well that it was a new commander; the previous commander didn’t leave the map, he just de-tagged (was from the same guild too). But if this is indeed a new commander then in my opinion throwing her into the fray to sink or swim on her own isn’t a good way of teaching. Suggestions:

1) Have an experienced player on TS as well. Said player can and should make calls or overrule decisions if he feels it’s warranted. It’s similar to how doctors are trained: an experienced doctor will always supervise the new doctor, and will step in (hopefully) before the new doctor screws up.
2) Warn the map that it’s a new commander. This makes everyone more forgiving. Again compare to people who’re learning to drive – they drive tagged cars.
3) Discuss the mistake, if it is indeed a mistake, publicly. Some pieces of knowledge aren’t easily gained and this is one way to gain them. For example, suppose there’s a 40-man zerg with 4 golems incoming on a paper keep, which has no supply but has 5 ACs. Is it possible to defend it? One can play WvW for months and still don’t know the answer to this one.

If she is indeed new, the commander should share some of the blame too. She should be humble enough to realize that, as a new commander, she will make mistakes. Communicating with the zerg is I feel an important responsibility of the commander. People are more willing to follow a commander when they know why he or she is making the decision. There is no shame in making mistakes; what is shameful is not learning from them.

If I were in the commander’s guild, I would keep silent on map chat. Publicly criticizing one’s guild mates isn’t good form, but passing sarcastic remarks and denying it was a mistake in the first place does even more harm.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

#Rationalizingcheeseftw

Phantasm and condi mesmer are good in 1v1’s, in any other situation I’d rather have an excellent shatter mesmer.

AoN is an excellent group of players, when we used to scrimmage them when they were on FA the fights ended up being 50/50 between the both of us. ONI however did not use any “required” or “optimized” builds.

For you to use “optimization” to justify cheese for yourself or others is just strange to me. If it’s fun for you, do it and who gives a kitten what people think, but don’t try to justify it with a weak argument like that and expect us to gobble it up.

#Kyra4lyfe

How is my argument weak?

“Cheese” is an arbitrary title that players give to things in the game that they think are too strong or unfair. But the game doesn’t know “cheese” or “exploits” it knows winners and losers.

I play the game on the game’s terms. I try to find the simplest, most efficient way to win. If I lose I try to figure out why I lost and fix it. Is that not sound game theory?

What reason is there to play suboptimal builds?

If the desired end of a competitive gamer is victory then is victory not the ultimate good and loss the ultimate bad?

I feel that I have justified my position. I feel that it is a rational, consistent position. But I cannot force anyone to accept the same premises that I have.

That depends on the definition, most roamers aren’t seeking a victory, they are seeking a good fight, one they are not likely going to have running a “cheese” spec. The motivation for Maguuma ending up in gold league was, afterall, for a good fight instead of victory, which is directly antithetical to your philosophy.

The agreed upon (by most) definition of a cheesy build is one that performs very effectively while requiring minimal mechanical skill. This doesn’t suggest that shatter or other builds aren’t as effective, just that a “cheese” build is easier to play. Considering the developers emphasis on risk vs reward in their balancing theory cheese builds are clearly unintended.

Most roamer’s and small group individuals that I know don’t run cheese builds in which they know they can win a fight, it derives from their experience any excitement and personal pride they might have gotten from fighting a skilled opponent.

With that said, I don’t know you and have no right to judge you, you owe no one an explanation; it’s best to accept that most will be abrasive towards your play style and find comfort in your victories 1v1.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

@Jeydra Have you signed up for our server forums? It’s a better place to talk about this kind of stuff. The other two servers involved in the match probably don’t give a rip.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

IF there’s no fight club going by 6pm servertime I plan on starting one with my guild on mag BL

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

I think your statement is miss-leading.

ONI was never 50/50 in 5v5 play against AoN. Maybe in 2v2 we were 50/50, but not 5v5. No disrespect meant, ONI were great opponents, but we were optimized for group play while ONI was more a bunch of great solo’ers teaming up.

AoN does not have required builds and our optimizations rarely have anything to do with OP meta because our builds are based on group synergy more than individual effectiveness. As far as I know in group play we have not used any of what is being discussed in this thread, nor have we ever ran a hammer train, no warbanner spam, no stacking bunker groups, no perplexity, never stacked classes, etc. I wouldn’t say AoN is even optimized for an even fight, we are built around the idea of hitting larger forces and there are better ways to optimize if 8v8 was the norm.

I agree my comment was misleading, you were hardly setup specifically for small group combat, more for fighting larger engagements at the time, that said it was far more organized than anything we were doing. Which was the point I tried and failed to make.

on the50/50 stuff, this was some months ago, and there were different results, for example we did some strange 7v7 where ONI won 3/4 , and in some 5v5’s AoN won like 5 or 6 out of 8. What I mean to say is that considering all the fights we had it evened out to 50/50, which Convenant agreed with.

I agree that AoN currently doesn’t use cheese either, nor did I mention that, I simply said there was more rigidity in your setup when we fought some months back. For example, your guardians being heal spec (as per Convenant and Colonial when they tried to recruit me which i regrettably had to decline, as I was currently leading ONI.)

Also, your mesmers being glamour mesmers and the thieves being shortbow for the constant blast finishers. I remember this because Convenant told me that was your setup for zerg smashing a while back.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

(edited by Entioch.6594)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Most roamer’s and small group individuals that I know don’t run cheese builds in which they know they can win a fight, it derives from their experience any excitement and personal pride they might have gotten from fighting a skilled opponent.

Most of the players I’ve run into from SoR, JQ, Mag and SoS have been running meta builds. I’ve seen a lot of Prismatic Understanding mesmers, s/d/d/p thieves and ofcourse stunlock warriors of which there are a few variations. If they’re not a stunlock warrior they’re a lb s/s condi spec with apothecary gear. There are two common guardian builds, one focuses more on meditations and the other shouts, sometimes they’re a mix. Every now and then there’s a burst s/d ele or a nade/bomb engi. Sometimes people have perplexity runes but I think there’s a lot of Traveler’s, Melandru/Hoelbrak users as well.

Most of them are skilled players playing strong specs and I’m sure they take as much joy in killing as I do.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in Match-ups

Posted by: tango.8962

tango.8962

I love the stigma against tanky players. WvW is about a team and our meta is made around AOE’s. Yes you get hit for 300 and laugh, but im hitting 5 people for 300 every second for 6 seconds. that’s 9k damage in 6 seconds.

Also stop disapproving T1 builds when you are tied with sos in last place.

[ICoa] Apedemak
-Blackgate

(edited by tango.8962)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cliques.3947

Cliques.3947

Great fight we had with you earlier AoN near NW tower on SoR BL. You guys rock! Sorry if there were any adds but that’s how it goes in this T1 craziness as Im sure you know. SoR came flying in there not long after lol.

/salute

Chimichunga [Eng] – Salsa Machina [Warrior]
oPP – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Maguuma is better because reasons.

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Also stop disapproving T1 builds when are tied with sos in last place.

t1t

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tjizn.5834

Tjizn.5834

I love the stigma against tanky players. WvW is about a team and our meta is made around AOE’s. Yes you get hit for 300 and laugh, but im hitting 5 people for 300 every second for 6 seconds. that’s 9k damage in 6 seconds.

Also stop disapproving T1 builds when are tied with sos in last place.

p sure mag would be t1 if only we ran team builds

plz no im [bad] #magswag

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

We need to be putting 30 points into our coverage talent lines.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

1) Have an experienced player on TS as well. Said player can and should make calls or overrule decisions if he feels it’s warranted. It’s similar to how doctors are trained: an experienced doctor will always supervise the new doctor, and will step in (hopefully) before the new doctor screws up.

You know what, the fairweather and pve/pvx players are flooding EBBL 24/7 nowadays. WVW guilds can hardly get their guild members into EB lets not say experienced commanders from same guild.
You’ll find half map zerg gone nowhere. Half that follow the commanders think it is a karma train on reset night, keep LFG and escape during open field fight.
Teaching those new pug how to wvw can be really frustrating especially when most of them refuse to get into TS or reading map chat. Grub seems more important to them.
With pug of this quality, you should be grateful when commanders in EB are willing to tag up as this is undoubtedly the most challenging and mentally torturing task of the whole league.

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

BG is 30 in all lines, there’s your problem.

in Match-ups

Posted by: tango.8962

tango.8962

We paid Eu servers to give us their points

[ICoa] Apedemak
-Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

Oh you’re 30 into unskilled line as well? idk if that’s our problem PPT superhero

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

Oh you’re 30 into unskilled line as well? idk if that’s our problem PPT superhero

Nice try, but I haven’t played for PPT since the first few months of the game. I’m a roamer. Are you going to lecture me on how great your 1 spamming skills are now, zerger?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

Good lord. Even full support staff does double that damage. Hell, burn with 0 condi does more.

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

They’re way over 30 in those lines. They’re at least 60 in “smelling like poopy butts.”

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

I was promised more gvg’s and guilds to fight in T1…
Man am I dissapointed. All we have come across yet was on reset vs 50 Choo guardians that refused to fight without their iron buddies.
Sigh #t1problems

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

Nice try, but I haven’t played for PPT since the first few months of the game. I’m a roamer. Are you going to lecture me on how great your 1 spamming skills are now, zerger?

LOL okay “roamer” on Blackgate.

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

LOL okay “roamer” on Blackgate.

That’s correct, “roamer” on Maguuma.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I hit 5 people for 1500 every second. That’s 45000 damage in 6 seconds. I also have 3200 armor.

I will gladly help any T1 players with build optimizations, because they really really really need it.

EDIT: This is not sarcasm.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

(edited by ParaldaWind.4523)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

So like… 1 warrior with shout heal trait but no heal power could keep 5 people at 100% against you forever? Without interrupting their attacks because shouts are insta casts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

@Jeydra Have you signed up for our server forums? It’s a better place to talk about this kind of stuff. The other two servers involved in the match probably don’t give a rip.

frankly if an action item wasn’t placed on the bg war council agenda immediately after sm was lost the server is crumbling

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omie.4519

Omie.4519

So like… 1 warrior with shout heal trait but no heal power could keep 5 people at 100% against you forever? Without interrupting their attacks because shouts are insta casts.

>>>implying these mouth breathing terribads even have all their talent points spent.

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

Oh please, real pros run 14/14/14/14/14 full sentinel.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

Magumagus are like newcomers to a city complaining too many 4 wheels on the road, too many buildings people not coming out, steaks no good, girls wearing panties-length of mini-skirts, where are the squirrels????!!!!!!

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

Magumagus are like newcomers to a city complaining too many 4 wheels on the road, too many buildings people not coming out, steaks no good, girls wearing panties-length of mini-skirts, where are the squirrels????!!!!!!

My city has squirrels, bike rentals, and not enough girls adult women wearing panty length miniskirts. It’s also November and Canada.
#freehealthcare

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

I know we can all never be friends, but it’s important to consider “roaming” from the point of view of both Mag and BG…

When it comes to roaming on the big 3, you’re in constant fear of getting zerged over, or at least dealing with a couple of adds. As such, a lot of t1 roamers run tankier builds that have better sustain and more defensive mechanics. Unfortunately we don’t have the luxury of running as glassy as Mag wishes we did.

If you want to go on and on about how your build from two metas ago is more skillful, that’s fine. We honestly don’t care. Go ahead and cripple yourself in the spirit of your guild’s definition of skill. That’s your prerogative. Just don’t blame us for your losses when you refuse to adapt.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

>>>implying these mouth breathing terribads even have all their talent points spent.

>2013
>Not speccing 10/10/10/10/10

I shiggidy diggidy doo.

Deany Kong – #magswag