SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

SNUGGLES!!!!!

don’t quit till the naysayers say yay!

sadly, you won’t see me tonight. but HEY i am there in spirit.
GOOO SoR!

for those BG talking about SoR losing spirit and giving up and not putting up fights, please don’t undermine the time and efforts of those on SoR that still put in amazing hard work each and every single day. : ))

but if it’s to offer a little inspiration, by all means, go for it.

[edited for clarity]

I think the majority of negative things being said about SOR this week and last, is about the players who decided not to play for one reason or another. I personally appreciate every SOR player who is still coming out for the fights.

Specifically [choo]. They have a deep roster and they have consistently put a solid force out on the maps over the last few weeks. You guys are also always fun to compete against if BG has a solid force or I am running with my guild.

Whats a deep roster?

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

thanks for the duels in BG BL near the ruins, MAG and SOR.

Indeed it was a lot of fun! and badelementalist you sure do put a lot of pressure with your condition build and very nice active defense you have!. It was also great seeing that other ele from maguuma 1v1 very well with a staff.

Was really fun dude! I only won like 1/3 of the duels.

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

SNUGGLES!!!!!

GOOO SoR!

for those BG talking about SoR losing spirit and giving up and not putting up fights, please don’t undermine the time and efforts of those on SoR that still put in amazing hard work each and every single day. : ))

[edited for clarity]

I think the majority of negative things being said about SOR this week and last, is about the players who decided not to play for one reason or another. I personally appreciate every SOR player who is still coming out for the fights.

Specifically [choo]. They have a deep roster and they have consistently put a solid force out on the maps over the last few weeks. You guys are also always fun to compete against if BG has a solid force or I am running with my guild.

Whats a deep roster?

Lots of dudes and hopefully a few ladies with nice voices.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalla.4290

Kalla.4290

SNUGGLES!!!!!

GOOO SoR!

[edited for clarity]

Whats a deep roster?

Choo doesn’t actually exist, it is a figment of your imagination.

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

SNUGGLES!!!!!

GOOO SoR!

[edited for clarity]

Whats a deep roster?

Just curious, numbers wise, what do people consider a small, medium, large, or huge roster?

For example

10 – small
50 – medium
100- large
500+ – huge

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

My sources tell me that Waha and almost all of ATM/FoO walked away from Guild Wars 2 this week. Looks like BG will be the last server standing at the end after all.

Congrats BG, you have earned your right to PvDoor for the rest of GW2’s existance.

Lol, suggest you find a better source, yours are rubbish.

I guess its just wishful thinking from BlackHoleGate.

You realize that that was SOR and the wishful thinking he wished for BG right?

He’s actually on Northern Shiverpeaks, why he wants to troll this thread is beyond me.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

Just curious, numbers wise, what do people consider a small, medium, large, or huge roster?

For example

10 – small
50 – medium
100- large
500+ – huge

Depends on how active those players are/whether or not they kick players. A guild could have 50 members but still only field maybe 5 a day. I wouldn’t consider that guild medium sized.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

So little roaming these days, I see plenty of solo BG running around. Some Mag as well, but very few SoR though from what I have seen. Toughest fight today was a D/D ele with no guild from Mag, but a few teammates ran in and exploded him mid-fight

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

AoN members always run in full group? is it because every single one are horrible individually? if not I would like to encounter one that is at least decent on 1v1.

Sorry we made you angry.

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

I felt overall my comment was friendly and just hitting on the fact that queue times have led to the annoyances associated with opportunities for us to face each other as we like

We meet again in a couple weeks, maybe que times will be better for you then.

Yea, hasn’t changed much other than the dip after week 1, still 1 hour queue peek for BL’s and 3 hours+ for EB unless someone has a taxi going. Looking forward to more engagements!

Sorry to hear that, not sure how you guys handle that all the time. Time to transfer down tier I think

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I said it once and I’ll say it again.

Everyone saying “SoR has morale issues, is about to crumble, had internal drama” or in general is putting the server down are either seated comfortably, In the sidelines or not members of the said server.

We are out to have fun, enjoy the game with our guilds. Working our butts off running yaks, sitting in towers for hours is not fun.

What is fun is getting into fights, taking stonemist, surviving with 30 people against an 80 man blob for 2 hours in stonemist or papering t3 keeps while contested. None of that PvD karmatraining.

You know what else isn’t fun? Running into towers or keeps, avoiding fights unless you have a blob or are under ac
cover.

If this is what it takes to be considered a champion by Anet, I’d rather be in the losing server.

Anyone who has played MMO games should know people come and go all the time.

Far as SOR morale issues. It started with some random SOR whose post history trashed the server and admitted to being called a troll on map chat long before leagues started (he was talkin trash 5 months ago per his post history), lol.

He came here in a past week league matchup thread and started whining to the masses about his impending transfer (no surprise here) and attracted the PvF warriors of Blackgate (Titan, etc.) to jump on his bandwagon and add into further fictional drama, nothing more nothing less.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

Sorry [RIOT] guys in EBG we’ll have to finish that between me and the thief later I guess.

Fun though.

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

AoN members always run in full group? is it because every single one are horrible individually? if not I would like to encounter one that is at least decent on 1v1.

Maybe you should stop crying and get a group of your own. It’s not their responsibility to stop what they’re doing just to make you happy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tjizn.5834

Tjizn.5834

got grub before the patch hit wo r th

Attachments:

plz no im [bad] #magswag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Whats a deep roster?

For example

10 – small
50 – medium
100- large
500+ – huge

I wonder how many people they think we have.
Also, Liquid, I’m pretty sure there are no women on the interwebz.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Maybe you should stop crying and get a group of your own. It’s not their responsibility to stop what they’re doing just to make you happy.

Am surprised you didn’t use your typical comeback to just Transfer Off when a playerbase is unhappy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Synyster.5894

Synyster.5894

From my Experience with Maguuma So Called Roamer’s is when its 1vs1 they start running for the hills or just run into they find guildies they turn on you right away once they out number you.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Not crying just wondering if the rumors are true. All great roaming guilds have awesome players that excels at both 1v1 and group vs group encounters. For example from our server that will be Riot and Opp. or is AoN only decent at group roaming?

Looks like crying to me.

Life’s not fair, war’s not fair, wvw isn’t fair. You want 1v1s? Go duel in the mists.

If anyone is running around as a group and they gank you then that’s your fault for not having a group to match theirs.

I’d say the same thing to anyone and that includes people in my own guild.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

From my Experience with Maguuma So Called Roamer’s is when its 1vs1 they start running for the hills or just run into they find guildies they turn on you right away once they out number you.

Is that guy in SW tower still on that cannon from Saturday?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

You’re the one I kept killing haha. You can 1v1 any one of us any time.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Am surprised you didn’t use your typical comeback to just Transfer Off when a playerbase is unhappy.

I guess if he’s that upset it’s always an option.

in Match-ups

Synyster.5894

You’re the one I kept killing haha. You can 1v1 any one of us any time.

I like how you used the [ i ] instead of [we]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rodigee.7139

Rodigee.7139

How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren’t Real

Paris – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Solo roaming is better in the north than in the south. Mag roamers I am disappointed that you guys are all camping the ruins.

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Awe hiding in SoR keeps is not as fun as hiding with JQ

http://i.imgur.com/2l3QR6r.jpg

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Solo roaming is better in the north than in the south. Mag roamers I am disappointed that you guys are all camping the ruins.

I keep heading north out of the ruins and then a wild loot bag appears and pulls me back in.

Totally not my fault.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

lol Mag is at +330

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

lol Mag is at +330

Clearly a sign that we are the most MLG skilled in NA.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

420 PPT or GTFO

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: SuKHoi.2063

SuKHoi.2063

BG surrenders to MAG

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

BG surrenders to MAG

We reject, everyone dies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalla.4290

Kalla.4290

Welcome to our new Maguuma overlords!

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

My sources tell me that Waha and almost all of ATM/FoO walked away from Guild Wars 2 this week. Looks like BG will be the last server standing at the end after all.

Congrats BG, you have earned your right to PvDoor for the rest of GW2’s existance.

Lol, suggest you find a better source, yours are rubbish.

I guess its just wishful thinking from BlackHoleGate.

You realize that that was SOR and the wishful thinking he wished for BG right?

Did not realize that. In that case, I apologize! Not sure why SoR would start such a rumor o.o

The dude’s name is BlackHoleGate, obviously a troll name…also what says he/she is from SoR or represents the entire server? Should I pick an obvious troll from JQ and BG and say they represent their entire servers respectively?

Look at the sig.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

My Question back to BG Roamers, why do we only have to look for you next to your tower to find you? why are you not “roaming”?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

My Question back to BG Roamers, why do we only have to look for you next to your tower to find you? why are you not “roaming”?

Because the maps are usually full of our towers with 1 – 2 Mag per Bl ?

after they got ganked they disappeared. I ended up AFKing in tower and logged out most the time

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

its heida on the right side. maybe you can just try to point and bow maybe they will respond?

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

If you read it with that negative mentality of course it will look like that to you. I was wondering because every time I see this guild is always in group roaming. So the question is still unanswered. Does AoN have players that are good at 1v1? It is a simple yes or no question. No need to make it huge. If the answer is yes I would like to duel them.

Still a rude way to go about arranging 1v1s but ok whatever.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Nice screen. Did you learn tower hugging from JQ or is it just an innate skill in T1?

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

I agree it came out in a rude way. I should have worded it differently but the 1v1 encounters did take place. It was a lot of fun. Good mesmer players are still a pain in the neck to defeat as an ele. I liked how their leader warrior uses his gs skills to gain range for his rifle weapon skills. I’m normally the one that kite warriors but this time I was the one being kited lol. Overall, we enjoyed our duels and the misunderstanding was clarified.

Well good I’m glad to hear it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Nice screen. Did you learn tower hugging from JQ or is it just an innate skill in T1?

Running from a fight is fair, but what I’ve notice when I go roaming is that many BG’s will run first towardds their towers before they will engage you if you have near the same number as them. But it’s unfair to say that this is something their roamers do, I have notice even in ZvZ fights a fair amount of them often run first, fight later.

There is only a few BG roamers/guild that will actually fight you head on or attempt outnumberd fights.

[DONE]

in Match-ups

Synyster.5894

I don’t know you tell me should i initiate that 1vs10? I actually got chased from your tower side to this side by all 10 of these maguuma’s, If it was 1vs1 2vs1 i would gladly fight it. This is pretty much all i have ran into all week while roaming, Guilds running zerg like tactic’s

(edited by Synyster.5894)

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Why would you be glad, you were not involved :P.

I was involved in your forum shenanigans and I’m glad to hear that the issue was settled.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

There’s a difference between ‘solo roaming’ and ‘group roaming’.

Solo Roaming- you’re by yourself and will most likely die to multiple people. It’s best, if you can’t take on 2-3 people, to not solo roam, you will die.

Group Roaming- In my book, is 5 or less. A full group with a nice comp. With a well built group you can take on 10+ depending on how well you’re organized and how disorganized your enemy is.

If you can’t cut it solo, get a group. If you keep running into groups, get a group.

Edit: Oh and your signature makes me laugh. You can be the best in the Special Olympics but…….

(edited by Tricare.2946)

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

All these arguments about roaming and dueling…

GW2 is Build Wars 2. 90% of the time the player with the better(cheesier?) build will win. It’s useless in arguing who is better unless you both run the same class and the same build. I still have my troll thief build which has only failed twice in a 1v1 and always comes out on top.

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

heh, @Doomdesire, whatever floats peeps boats. ; ))

thanks for this, Eithinan. no doubt all the ones that are out there enjoy and appreciate the fights as well. yours truly included.

Hey thanks, that was me. I just came back to the game after a few months off and mostly have been roaming those new (new to me anyway) center ruins since the weekend. MONK only has two members and I was the only mesmer until late last night when the other player reached 80 on his.

I’m sure we will run into each other again.

I have had a lot of fun in the ruins and think that removing the lake in the center of the map was the best idea Anet ever made.

WB! and lol, that makes me feel even worse lol. i kid i kid. ; )) really, much appreciated and looking forward to fighting you again. you mainly roam as [MONK]? a lot of the times people will just be running back and forth capping ruins (especially if it’s on the daily or those who still need it for the meta achieve) but you can find good fights here and there.

definitely looking forward to seeing you again! no excuses for last time, but hopefully next time i come better prepared. heh. ; ))) good stuff buddy.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

GW2 is Build Wars 2. 90% of the time the player with the better(cheesier?) build will win. It’s useless in arguing who is better unless you both run the same class and the same build. I still have my troll thief build which has only failed twice in a 1v1 and always comes out on top.

Pretty much could be applied to every game that has PvP tbh

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Attachments:

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

I don’t know you tell me should i initiate that 1vs10? I actually got chased from your tower side to this side by all 10 of these maguuma’s, If it was 1vs1 2vs1 i would gladly fight it. This is pretty much all i have ran into all week while roaming, Guilds running zerg like tactic’s

That’s true but I noticed exactly the same types of groups from BG in ruins, that’s probably the real reason they’re out there. It doesn’t seem a very solo-friendly place at this tier but I’ve found plenty of good fights and duels in the last few days roaming mainly between the camps. Mostly BG but also some SoR. I have to say this match is much better roaming than last week where literally every JQ would run from a 1v1 unless there were 2 or 3 more just out of sight… but maybe just anecdotes.

I think the real reason you haven’t found many Mag roamers is because there are so much more of you, while in NA primetime where mag shows up in force, it’s not to roam.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

That’s true but I noticed exactly the same types of groups from BG in ruins, that’s probably the real reason they’re out there. It doesn’t seem a very solo-friendly place at this tier but I’ve found plenty of good fights and duels in the last few days roaming mainly between the camps. Mostly BG but also some SoR. I have to say this match is much better roaming than last week where literally every JQ would run from a 1v1 unless there were 2 or 3 more just out of sight… but maybe just anecdotes.

I think the real reason you haven’t found many Mag roamers is because there are so much more of you, while in NA primetime where mag shows up in force, it’s not to roam.

yeah jq is by far the worst server, not a single person will fight unless they outnumber you.

after fighting jq numerous times in the past, i was worried all T1 servers were going to be like that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

I agree it came out in a rude way. I should have worded it differently but the 1v1 encounters did take place. It was a lot of fun. Good mesmer players are still a pain in the neck to defeat as an ele. I liked how their leader warrior uses his gs skills to gain range for his rifle weapon skills. I’m normally the one that kite warriors but this time I was the one being kited lol. Overall, we enjoyed our duels and the misunderstanding was clarified.

Well good I’m glad to hear it.

Why would you be glad, you were not involved :P.

If you would like more 1v1’s members of ONI would oblige you as well, though we are ERP’ers, and will engage in steamy role play with you at our discretion.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.