The NA Silver League Thread

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spazzoni.1703

Spazzoni.1703

According to leaderboards NSP is part of Bronze league and Kaineng got up into Silver leage

Wait what? Did you just ruin my speech? Nahh, couldn’t be…

Suicide Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

IOJ I do wish you all luck in this. I was really hoping I had found a home when coming to IOJ, and my leaving was not easy, and well before the “rest”

Mend seems to have a history with SIC. It’s nothing personal with IOJ. I too can’t wait to Spike Karn/Mend (all in good fun buddy).

Core on the other hand, I will be thinking of IOJ with each spike I put through a Core member.

The best matchups, fights, competition, etc will be found here. That is a Victory in my mind, for all servers. All of Silver League (maybe not NSP) is going to have fun.

/cheers to silver league. I raise this toast to all of us.

I don’t think SIC staked a single one of us. All of our encounters were edited out of your sick 1337 dubstep video. I don’t expect that to change the next time our paths cross. SIC feeds on pug zergs. They’re not that hard to wipe, no need to add some sick wubwub music to make it look cooler than it is. Really though, all the other SIC tags are just speed bumps on our way to the good brother Alaric.

in Match-ups

Spazzoni.1703

IOJ I do wish you all luck in this. I was really hoping I had found a home when coming to IOJ, and my leaving was not easy, and well before the “rest”

Mend seems to have a history with SIC. It’s nothing personal with IOJ. I too can’t wait to Spike Karn/Mend (all in good fun buddy).

Core on the other hand, I will be thinking of IOJ with each spike I put through a Core member.

The best matchups, fights, competition, etc will be found here. That is a Victory in my mind, for all servers. All of Silver League (maybe not NSP) is going to have fun.

I don’t think SIC staked a single one of us. All of our encounters were edited out of your sick 1337 dubstep video. I don’t expect that to change the next time our paths cross. SIC feeds on pug zergs. They’re not that hard to wipe, no need to add some sick wubwub music to make it look cooler than it is. Really though, all the other SIC tags are just speed bumps on our way to the good brother Alaric.

Hhrrrrrmmm. WHile you wait for us to engage another group on your server, then come in and overwhelm us with numbers with our cool downs blown, sure. Whatever you say.

You have yet to engage SIC on open ground before another guild, group, pugs, engaged us first. Core seems to be Cowards on teh fringe of the battle until they can win. Great strategy for sure, but very very bad. Sure flanking an engaged group is great for server ppt and all…

Suicide Necro

in Match-ups

Visirale.6097

Spazz, I don’t think you were even on BP yet that night. Either way, yes we did engage them several times on their own. The first time was after they had gone through MEND. We were doing troll build tuesdays and we two-shot alaric with class cannon killshot warriors. After that we put our real classes/builds on and found them several other times. Alaric fell back to the numbers argument. The same argument he uses when promoting SIC, he’ll talk about 15 v. 40 all day when he’s wiping pug zergs but backs out when he loses 10 v. 20. Regardless, I do respect SIC’s fighting heart… it has good people. But SIC really didn’t need another kitten talker, Alaric covers that role just fine.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

According to leaderboards NSP is part of Bronze league and Kaineng got up into Silver leage

Wrong boards friend, they’ve stated several times the area a server will be is based on this weeks performance. I don’t know why they froze their official boards lol

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Spazz, I don’t think you were even on BP yet that night. Either way, yes we did engage them several times on their own. The first time was after they had gone through MEND. We were doing troll build tuesdays and we two-shot alaric with class cannon killshot warriors. After that we put our real classes/builds on and found them several other times. Alaric fell back to the numbers argument. The same argument he uses when promoting SIC, he’ll talk about 15 v. 40 all day when he’s wiping pug zergs but backs out when he loses 10 v. 20. Regardless, I do respect SIC’s fighting heart… it has good people. But SIC really didn’t need another kitten talker, Alaric covers that role just fine.

I have to agree with this post, we haven’t wiped to sic since Tuesday and we did not have very many more then you guys when we’ve fought since then. Alaric says 25 can beat 80 but if he loses 10-15v20-25 he uses a numbers argument. Very contradicting.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Spazzoni.1703

I was there. I was one of the 3 of us you got down. Hardly a wipe.

It is very clear that both you and the Mend xfer Banzie, Focused on something trivial in Alaric’s posts and teh point went over your heads. Now you want to exaggerate it and flaunt your internet muscles.

Either way, SIC will be meeting both of you on the field sometime in teh next 7 weeks.

Suicide Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

I was there. I was one of the 3 of us you got down. Hardly a wipe.

It is very clear that both you and the Mend xfer Banzie, Focused on something trivial in Alaric’s posts and teh point went over your heads. Now you want to exaggerate it and flaunt your internet muscles.

Either way, SIC will be meeting both of you on the field sometime in teh next 7 weeks.

The place we wiped “3” of you was at NE tower. We also wiped you at SE camp. Then we flanked you in the most ridiculously obvious manner at the bridge by Briar. And then a few other places.

Tip! Make sure people get into the guild on BP who look to their sides, and behind you when doing a holding action on a bridge. Cuz I don’t think we were more obvious on our approach. Don’t get tunnel vision owning the Pug Zergs!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tomas Godlewski.4086

Tomas Godlewski.4086

I am seriously concerned by other servers right FA off. we are the strongest server here. hands down. all who claim FA is struggling, or imploding or whatnot, are seriously misguided.

we will win this league. we will do it with ease. and we will probably get a few bandwagon transfers over the week. anyone claiming SBI to be the strongest are wrong. we have broken rising servers before. we will break SBI, like all the others.

these are the facts whether you like them or not. i know the hate is incoming so bring it on.

Fire Gateway Two – Sea of Sorrows
Ominous Threat [oT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Nox,
RISE had left FA too. SIC moving off IOJ had more to do with the weak militia than a welcome.

RISE didn’t count they were only here for like 2weeks.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

No FA/SBI/BP matchup? That sucks. Comeon Anet, learn to make a schedule. Its not that hard.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I am seriously concerned by other servers right FA off. we are the strongest server here. hands down. all who claim FA is struggling, or imploding or whatnot, are seriously misguided.

we will win this league. we will do it with ease. and we will probably get a few bandwagon transfers over the week. anyone claiming SBI to be the strongest are wrong. we have broken rising servers before. we will break SBI, like all the others.

these are the facts whether you like them or not. i know the hate is incoming so bring it on.

Lol ok.
15 chars.

~Tarnished Coast~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

FA are good odds to win Silver with all their recent transfers. Lol @ SBI people who wanted Gold League because they didn’t think Silver would be a challenge.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

[snip]

This is what I’ve been dreaming of for NSP since the summer. Unfortunately, there is a lot of OLD hatred from things that happened before I even joined the server (March), and this seems to get in the way of something as simple as getting us on the same VOIP. People don’t want to put the past behind, and when new players join us, they just see disorganization and conflict, so they lose all care and hope for WvW.

[snip]

Hi Curo

I’m from BP, and I have to say… really, push for that united VoIP. It’s important. I was part of BP before we had one, and am, of course, still part of BP now. The united VoIP has made WvW so so so so so much more enjoyable for me. I don’t belong to a wvw-focused guild (tried it, several times, but it wasn’t for me). Instead, I can hop onto wvw and join our, say, Blue BL channel and fit right in. Or if a group wants to branch off, I can go join their guild channel. (I’ve never been asked to leave a guild channel for not being a member of the guild.)

I think this was the most important step BP took to pull the server together. (And the TS was advertised a LOT LOT LOT when it was new too. Took me a while to come around to joining it, but with the constant bombarding ads for it, I found I could sit back, not talk, and just take orders. And not die nearly as much. AND get WAY more loot bags, towers, and keeps! And have fun because of the human interaction, even if I mostly just listen.)

Champion Hunter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

No FA/SBI/BP matchup? That sucks. Comeon Anet, learn to make a schedule. Its not that hard.

This isn’t a schedule…it’s just…I don’t know…awful!

I’m having great fun in our current matchup – but seriously…with 8 other worlds – why is the exact same matchup repeated on the 7th week!

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

FA are good odds to win Silver with all their recent transfers. Lol @ SBI people who wanted Gold League because they didn’t think Silver would be a challenge.

Fighting FA might be a challenge, but that doesn’t make silver league as a whole a challenge, given that we only fight FA twice in the seven weeks. BP might also give us a good fight, but we’ll have to see just how much stronger they are since the last time we fought them.

Personally, I wanted gold because as a solo/small group roamer it’s a hell of a lot easier to find people to fight when we’re being smashed, particularly in australian prime time.

That being said, I’m kind of glad we didn’t go gold, simply because of how tainted it would be with the whole double-teaming thing going on last week.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

in Match-ups

Amurond.4590

Personally, I wanted gold because as a solo/small group roamer it’s a hell of a lot easier to find people to fight when we’re being smashed, particularly in australian prime time.

One of us lives in bizarro world, for me this seems to be the complete opposite.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

One of us lives in bizarro world, for me this seems to be the complete opposite.

Granted they’re not always in a group small enough to manage, but i definitely had more people to fight last week than all our matchups before fa/mag combined.

Plus the outnumbered buff all week was nice.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Lol, we’ve got IoJ and BP again next week.
I really wish the servers were more evenly populated. People call for match variety, yet anything +/- 2~3 servers above/below you and the matches are fairly lop sided.

Anyway, this week’s going to be rough. Our opponents for the week are gaining guilds while we have lost a bunch. =(

TC/SoS/Mags will be tired of their T1 opponents by the end of this, I can guarantee. The lower tiered Silver/Bronze servers aren’t going to enjoy this as much, as well. Really, DB is in a good spot. Sure we’re a little outmatched this week, but overall our schedule is decent. Usually we’ll have 1 server more populated than us and 1 server less populated than us (like last week) giving us a relatively decent match up. Week 3 (for DB) will likely be a stomp. That’ll be a good week to pop those birthday/wxp boosters and go hit some doors.

If Anet wants to be productive with the server transfer fees they should have them constantly adjust to wvw production (and not overall server population). Now that we’re locked in for the long haul they should introduce more expensive transfers to the Tier 1, T3 and T6 servers while introducing super cheap transfers to T2, T5, and T8.

Because who really cares about the pve population. ._.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

(edited by Kovu.7560)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

SBI has the biggest target on their head (except maybe FA and DB hey, who doesn’t want a little revenge on a pre-T2 server) in Silver League. It will be anything but PvD in WvW for the next 7 weeks when 2v1 happens probably every opening weekend against SBI.

Looking forward to it

2v1 sure did happen too. Was awesome to defend against it, when I finally got in after that very…very…long queue.

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

Wanna rethink that? You guys have your hands full with Yaks and Ebay.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I don’t think SIC staked a single one of us.

Vis, it is because I wasn’t on that night. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Like no, seriously. /laugh

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Alaric says 25 can beat 80 but if he loses 10-15v20-25 he uses a numbers argument. Very contradicting.

Mmmmmm perceptions are such a funny thing. Alaric has never once made such a claim. We will, however, jump into a zerg of 80 as a flanking force when there is an ally zerg around. Hammer and Anvil: normal open field tactics, not something your siege bunkering guild would understand.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Mend just mad that Alaric posted a video of SIC wiping them when they were on HoD right after Mend claimed to pull entire map queues. So they transferred to IoJ and started a little battle of wills. I, for one, am glad they won to be top dog WvW guild on IoJ now that everyone left. With allies like that, who needs enemies?

Chaba Tangnu

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

SBI losing to FA in the weekend, oh wow…

SBI is in deep kitten if they don’t get a commanding lead by the end of Sunday.

I agree with other posters that FA is the favorite in this division. Even with their influx of new clans, they aren’t fragmented and disorganized like SBI has demonstrated this past week. And FA’s SEA is no joke right now, we had to have pretty much our whole NA crew pull an all-nighter just to keep them at bay last Thursday-Friday.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: ThunderCat.8395

ThunderCat.8395

Chaba, I really think we SIC need to stop being offended by these CORE guys.

If they think that killing 3 of our 10 man group, with 20+ guys, siege, and a fully active siegerazer is a great accomplishment, it must be because they think we are amazing and that they are in absolute awe of us.

Yes CORE, killing any SIC member is an accomplishment, no matter what the numbers are. So please, continue posting all of the excellent ways you wiped us when you had a massive advantage, because everybody wants to hear about your incredible accomplishments. For bonus points, be sure to post a video of you wiping us with 2x our numbers, pugs, siegerazer, siege, another guild group, and whatever other advantages you can get your hands on, because clearly those are some incredibly glorious moments for you.

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Don’t get me wrong, I love the guys in CORE. We just trollin’ each other out of love, especially Vis.

Chaba Tangnu

in Match-ups

Visirale.6097

Don’t get me wrong, I love the guys in CORE. We just trollin’ each other out of love, especially Vis.

XOXO <3.

We’re just baddie carebears trying to learn how to not be terrible. Maybe one day we’ll be able to make some wub wub videos too.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

The schedule is kind of baffling. If coverage changes significantly between now and week 7, there’s probably a 2 way tie for 1st.

which is actually quite likely since week 7 is right when people would think about getting on the transfer carosel again.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

The NSP WvW community is/was pretty fragile to begin with, I dont think 7 weeks of getting hopelessly destroyed will be good for its health.

NSP Why bother?….

(edited by Tyops.5894)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

For the people that thought FA was imploding and would for some reason lose to SBI…

Attachments:

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

For the people that thought FA was imploding and would for some reason lose to SBI…

It’s still the weekend. Can you keep up the pressure?

in Match-ups

Amurond.4590

Congratulations on picking up all the last minute transfers. Should make the week interesting.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Few hours ago we were losing to SBI.
Few hours ago DB had 300+ points.

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

Few hours ago we were losing to SBI.
Few hours ago DB had 300+ points.

DB can have all the points they want. They are 14k out of the running.

SBI however will be pushed like a soft poo out of our hineys after we eat them up.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Ew, Nox. Dat metaphor!

Chaba Tangnu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I think people have skewed perspectives because of mags score vs FA, and didn’t know how hard we were tryharding for PPT.

I think FA can win the week, depends how often they come out to fight. Honestly though, FA really only needs to put in efforts weeks against SBI. The rest will be easy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

Nobody stakes me. I take on whole 40 man zergs wearing nothing but a thong and a smile.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roquefort.4160

Roquefort.4160

It’s still the weekend. Can you keep up the pressure?

yes.

15 character limit.

Unreal Aussies [uA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Wow people’s opinion on YB is quite off. We are right now locked into 3rd place after beating the ever loving out of BP. Only servers we’ll lose to is FA SBI. Matchup against DB will be interesting though

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Only servers we’ll lose to is FA SBI. Matchup against DB will be interesting though

Who says we will lose to SBI and FA? You never know!

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Yeah, I’m really surprised that YB is giving BP such a good licking. I thought for sure BP was destined for glory this league matchup. I’ve seen BP rally during weekdays though against pre-transfer SBI so I’ll keep an eye on the match-up, good luck to both YB and BP.

Star Player
[KEK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Only servers we’ll lose to is FA SBI. Matchup against DB will be interesting though

Who says we will lose to SBI and FA? You never know!

For the bend!

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Spazzoni.1703

Never underestimate a PVE crowd who thinks they will get a Gold reward for completing the Achieves in silver, in last place.

Suicide Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

never underestimate anyone

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Need more silver league pvf.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Even though we will not “win” this league. It has been a lot of fun thus far! Still not looking forward to FA YB or SBI, just due to the shear numbers you guys have.

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Obiza.7625

Obiza.7625

I’m not someone who is a super WvW diehard fan, but if you’re gaming with the right people you can make just about anything fun. Sure NSP is the clear underdog here but I’ve still had a pretty good time so far and I’m sure the server will improve by the end of the season.

Because being badass is the only way to go.
~The Northern Wolves [NoWo] – NSP

in Match-ups

Amurond.4590

Dragonbrand vs YB will be interesting, DB have plenty of people they’re just up against the two biggest servers atm.