The NA Silver League Thread

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zubon.3160

Zubon.3160

The whole League concept needs to be scrapped. It rewarded T1 for being T1 (the outcome was never in doubt) and the resulting shenanigans, transfers, and sandbagging that proceeded in the weeks before the start of the league wrecked at least 6-9 server communities and has made WvW more unstable and unenjoyable than ever before.

And then went on to create completely uncompetitive matchups that are not much fun for anyone. This is like a 7-week demonstration project in favor of 3-server tiers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Welp as thing look right now, It looks like there wont be a Big 3 anymore, just a Big 2. Will have to wait til week 7 to see the true outcome though.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

T1 is kind of odd. It seems like whenever they face each other, its a really close matchup. But take 1 of them out of the mix, suddenly there’s a large disparity in the score between the two T1s left. Its almost like they all have coverage somewhere that prevents any single server from dominating that is lost the moment another server comes in.
Although with that said, last week was a huge loss compared to previous times I’ve noticed this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Well yea… in a three-way, each server’s strong timezones are nullified by one of the other servers but in a 1v1 the coverage gaps become more apparent.

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Yes but it seems SoR has recently lost a lot of coverage (i.e. guilds) Hell SoS is even catching them at this point.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

Why are we talking about tier queue servers in the silver league thread?

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Because some of us still need recruits :l

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

It would be much better if they made platinum league with JQ/SOR and BG and gold league with TC/FA/SoS/MAG/SBI +X.
No one enjoys fighting top tier servers.

Gold: TC/FA/SoS/Mag/SBI + (YB lets say since they beat bp and will beat db easy)

TC vs. FA (in it’s current coverage version) maybe… TC vs anyone else on that list … no. It would be blow out after blow out for TC.

Here’s a better idea, how about a survey for players to choose which servers they want to go against – tied to current server/account only, you get one vote for the other two servers you want to be matched against. All servers are weighted equally with % of choice being the deciding factor.
[/quote]

TC coverage still surpasses FA’s (by far). I know this since we fought them for half a year and TC has continued to gain people as FA has continued to maintain the same level of population.

SBI/FA rematch in week 7 will be the real decider.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mike.5193

Mike.5193

We need to shift the super dedicated PvE players into WvW. They have the coin and gems for another set of armor, the dedication needed to win and a decently high skill level already from running around in zerker gear and staying up for such a long time in dynamic events. We have a rather large playerbase, but it seems like the same 80 people on in WvW all the time.

I say we institute a “Bring a PvE player into WvW day” where we get linked up with a PvE player that is playing the same class as you and run them around EB and a BL or 2 and teach them the intricacies of WvW.

IoJ – [Lost]
Tuck and Roll: Warrior – What Everyone Loves: Guardian -Hardkore Junglist: Ranger -
Kitty Gearwrench: Engineer – Dwomm: Elementalist – Which Kitten Is It: Mesmer

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

We need to shift the super dedicated PvE players into WvW. They have the coin and gems for another set of armor, the dedication needed to win and a decently high skill level already from running around in zerker gear and staying up for such a long time in dynamic events. We have a rather large playerbase, but it seems like the same 80 people on in WvW all the time.

I say we institute a “Bring a PvE player into WvW day” where we get linked up with a PvE player that is playing the same class as you and run them around EB and a BL or 2 and teach them the intricacies of WvW.

Theres something like that in place, Look at the official IoJ forums. So far its been a catastrophe with the amount of “Im the best in the game” egos brought in from PvE.

Though that said its not as intricate as you said, its simply PvE players in wvw.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

We all know I’m the best.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

lol no no no silly. i am.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

lol no no no silly. i am.

Its true. Look at his sig. Sigs dont lie.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

I don’t know about the decently high skill from learning to dodge. Seems like every time I’m in PvE I see 20 people get one-shotted by bosses and champs when they should be able to dodge. If you want the really good PvErs you probably should recruit from people doing high level fractals at least. Not your run of the mill event chain warriors.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Does it matter? The numbers always win anyway.
Get players who are smart enough to follow the blue tag, read, follow instructions and spam that “1”.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Seems like every time I’m in PvE I see 20 people get one-shotted by bosses and champs when they should be able to dodge.

IKR?! Like those Scarlet minion events. Watching PvE players go down so fast in those events when there is no zerg around has me convinced that zerging originates from PvE.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Because watching SoR implode from the outside is rather interesting.

in Match-ups

Mike.5193

Theres something like that in place, Look at the official IoJ forums. So far its been a catastrophe with the amount of “Im the best in the game” egos brought in from PvE.

Though that said its not as intricate as you said, its simply PvE players in wvw.

There is nothing like that going on at all

IoJ – [Lost]
Tuck and Roll: Warrior – What Everyone Loves: Guardian -Hardkore Junglist: Ranger -

in Match-ups

Mike.5193

I don’t know about the decently high skill from learning to dodge. Seems like every time I’m in PvE I see 20 people get one-shotted by bosses and champs when they should be able to dodge. If you want the really good PvErs you probably should recruit from people doing high level fractals at least. Not your run of the mill event chain warriors.

There are quite a few in dynamic events that can hold their own, outside of the 20 that wipe there are at least another 60% that don’t. I am not referring to the queensdale or frostgorge group, I am reffering to the ones that take down world bosses like Teq and the ones that run fractals (that have an abundance of ascended rings in their bag looking for a use).

IoJ – [Lost]

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

I’m surprised it wasn’t more BG. BG I would assume would be first as it is built largely on pve (fair weathers) and transfer.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I’m surprised it wasn’t more BG. BG I would assume would be first as it is built largely on pve (fair weathers) and transfer.

BG is made up of past T1 implosions and a lot of people who are dedicated to staying in that tier. After facing them for the first time in months I can say that it’s actually their strength that they aren’t built around a hub of large guilds but are many smaller guilds.

Also SoR got their act together so no one is going away any time soon.

in Match-ups

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Devon did state he will be on NSP and will be getting the meta achievement.

However it is suspect whether NSP will capture SMC 5 times in the entire season, let alone a single player present all 5 times.

Well, you were way off with this comment huh.. Sm taken so many time first week i lost count

We took a T3 SM from FA during late NA primetime a few day ago. I know this week we flipped it 3-4 times. We did flip it 6-10 time during the first week.

Heiann – NSP

(edited by yanoch.7051)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

BG is made up of past T1 implosions and a lot of people who are dedicated to staying in that tier. After facing them for the first time in months I can say that it’s actually their strength that they aren’t built around a hub of large guilds but are many smaller guilds.

SoR is fine atm. It’s really annoying that BG can turn all our T3 to nothing AND fortify it during ZDs PvDoor time. Discourages many people from trying anymore.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kilo November.4268

Kilo November.4268

Good matchups all across the Silver board.

/sarcasm

Brofist Maximus
[RISE]
Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

SoR is fine atm. It’s really annoying that BG can turn all our T3 to nothing AND fortify it during ZDs PvDoor time. Discourages many people from trying anymore.

It’s funny that you say that, because that is what you do to any non t1 competition.

But, you are a t1 server, shouldn’t you guys have a backbone? Just because they flipped everything, you should not be giving up.

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

Good matchups all across the Silver board.

/sarcasm

Right now CD and EBay are in a good match up to see who will finish 2nd this week.

You can find maybe 1 or 2 good fights each week between servers. Last week, it was Dark Haven, edging out FC. This week CD and Ebay for 2nd. Kaineng and ET were really close for 2nd until last night when ET took over. But, it has been back and fourth all week. I wonder if Kaineng has it in them to fight til reset and snag ninja the match, like Dark Haven did last Friday.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

Nope we’ll be fine. Scores don’t matter to us. Check to see how many wins SoR has had in the past 10 months to see the evidence.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

There is some threads where this hasn’t been shared. Get To Work!

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Woo silver league, more PvF pls I’m bored.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

I want to see a tie between FA and SBI just for the possible controversy and forum hilarity it would cause.

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

SBI/FA/DB rematch will be legendary.

There is no doubt that the conclusion of Silver League will be amazing

Stay tuned to find out

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Match-ups

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

SBI/FA/DB rematch will be legendary.

There is no doubt that the conclusion of Silver League will be amazing

Stay tuned to find out

Hopefully everyone hasn’t quit out of boredom before that rolls around.

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Let’s hope.

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

Can we swap out DB with YB in that last match up? I think clearly in this league it would be the best match. Id be ok getting rolled as long as there are fights to be had all week cause right now it feels like you got to sit in 1+ hr queues for EB just to find one. Well who knows maybe after leagues we will see that match up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

I want to see a tie between FA and SBI just for the possible controversy and forum hilarity it would cause.

There won’t be a tie, we are gonna destroy SBI guaranteed

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Can we swap out DB with YB in that last match up? I think clearly in this league it would be the best match. Id be ok getting rolled as long as there are fights to be had all week cause right now it feels like you got to sit in 1+ hr queues for EB just to find one. Well who knows maybe after leagues we will see that match up.

Are you sure you will be on YB when week 7 comes around, or will you be on to the next server?

Trail of tears:
Darkhaven
Isle of Janthir
Fort Ranik
Yak’s Bend?

Star Player
[KEK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Hey SE! Glad to see you back on this side of the Atlantic! Can’t wait to face you guys!

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

Yaks is our home and it isn’t going to change. It was never our intention to stay on Fort Ranik even the people that were on playing with us knew that as we opened our TS up to them and half the time we were talking about how we couldn’t wait to get back to NA and have some competition during the time we play.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Attachments:

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

Welcome back to NA land SE, where there are players behind the doors. Did edge stay or go? Glad to have you all back regardless, should be fun to fight again.

Srsly can leagues be over yet? Forum is just qqqqqqqqqq blobs qqqqqqqqqqq no skill qqqqqqqqq pvdoor qqqqqqqqqq qq’ing about queues while being queued in a queue

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

;-; Y u do dis .

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Mike.5193

Who is ready for another fun filled week of leagues?
I know I am, this coming match-up is the only one that IoJ has a chance to win all season.

IoJ – [Lost]

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

If we beat SBI this week, we have a great chance to finish second in the silver league. Let’s hope for the best!

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

We have a long way to go before declaring ourselves a winner. Come back on Friday and see where we’re at.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

NiloyBardhan.9170

I haven’t implied anything such as that. I used the word “if” for a reason.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Going over the numbers and if CD wins this week and next, and Ebay comes in second next week with BP 3rd, then their will be a 3way tie at 4th place.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in Match-ups

NiloyBardhan.9170

Looks like 2nd place is locked for us xD
Wooohooooo!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Looks like 2nd place is locked for us xD
Wooohooooo!

Looks like we made it! In a few hours the standings SHOULD be:
FA 30
YB 26
SBI 24
BP 20
Ebay 18
DB 16
CD 12
IOJ 8
NSP 8

Matchups are FA/SBI/DB, YB/BP/EB, and CD/IOJ/NSP. If SBI teams with DB, and makes FA get 3rd (unlikely… but we’ve seen it happen!), and YB fights off the same from EB/BP, could result in a first place tie! If SBI takes 1st, and YB succumbs to a EB/BP alliance, it could end up in a tie for 2nd, or SBI could outright steal 2nd back (if YB gets 3rd in their matchup)… not to mention the grudge match possible between CD/IOJ/NSP. Many interesting things can happen depending on how all of our matchups go… GL all!

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: DootmasterX.3025

DootmasterX.3025

Yeah, fighting for last place sure is interesting! Wooo!

Jack of all trades, master of some.
NSP – [Zos]

in Match-ups

Posted by: drunkrussian.4079

drunkrussian.4079

hmm very close matches… i cant blame SBI if they don’t want to allied with DB.
YB should win assuming there aren’t an alliance between the other two but if there is we might lose. everything can change over a week.
Good Luck ALL!!

-MagPro
Yaks Bend (born and proud)

(edited by drunkrussian.4079)