Tier 1: JQ/BG/SoR 5/31

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

I don’t understand why servers complain about double-teams …especially when you have the highest WvW population, and you’re in first place. That is the exact situation when you should expect to be double-teamed…not complain about it. WvWvW was designed specifically so you are double-teamed in that situation, to provide some form of parity.

Now if you’re in last place, with the lowest WvW population in your tier…well then that just sucks, but it’s how the game works.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I don’t want to go against SoS, I think it would be a nightmare for them if they faced anyone from T1. Move us all around T1/T2, but that’s about as low as we should drop. I can’t imagine how bored we’d all be if we went from constant fighting, to just rolling our faces on the keyboard and getting a 695.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

I don’t want to go against SoS, I think it would be a nightmare for them if they faced anyone from T1. Move us all around T1/T2, but that’s about as low as we should drop. I can’t imagine how bored we’d all be if we went from constant fighting, to just rolling our faces on the keyboard and getting a 695.

Anets way to equal out the servers! AMIRITE?

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: snownow.9352

snownow.9352

I love 2vs1 , Just hope map server be stronger….too lag to effect game fun.
I can stood on enemy group and never die.

It’s not my first fight with 3 fully server people in garri, but this time is most lag.

[Hi] Ni Hao My Friend ~Sanctum of Rall~
ele : Snownow | mes : Neally Snow | necro : Sherry Snow | guard : Snow Guru
=my english is poor, if I said something wrong or impolite, tell me plz, I’ll learn.=

in Match-ups

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

The era of long-term WvW rivalry has ended. The era of domination has just begun!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

2v1 happens naturally when you are in your own server’s borderlands.

There is no incentive for 2 opposing server to fight in the opponents garrison. It just saves time for the opponents(SoR) to regrp as they are nearer to home base.

T3s need to be flipped so that it is an easier target. Although the skill lag did cause some issues with people running around and others unable to deal any dmg.

Weakest timezone or not, your map is probably queued? It was an opportunity for both servers to flip both your T3 as to what you did to JQ and BG previously in their not so strong timezones too.

^^This, I would of probably done exactly the same.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

I don’t understand why servers complain about double-teams …especially when you have the highest WvW population, and you’re in first place. That is the exact situation when you should expect to be double-teamed…not complain about it. WvWvW was designed specifically so you are double-teamed in that situation, to provide some form of parity.

Now if you’re in last place, with the lowest WvW population in your tier…well then that just sucks, but it’s how the game works.

I think it’s pretty simple. SoR has asked for 2v1 because at the moment we do have stronger presence in some of the time zones and during those times it is the right thing to do in order to have a more balanced match and good fights. The problem is that we still have some covearge weak spots and 2v1 hurts at that time. Having said all that, SoR is the only server that have ever asked for 2v1 to set an example for the sake of better fights and to make this match more balanced. I’m sure that at times with more or equal coverage we can take turns focusing the strongest server or just even the field.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I welcome the double team because it’s more action. As amazing as it sounds, farming bags gets old quickly. Sometimes a wipe is more fun than wiping the opponent.

The only thing that irks me is how big of hypocrites Blackgate is for constantly complaining about 2v1 when it wasn’t happening every single time they are in T1 and then see them stand side by side with JQ. Has nothing to do with WvW. It’s just the poor attitudes that plague these forums that are becoming annoying.

I can guarantee Blackgate would be rushing to these forums if we stood side by side with JQ and took their Garrison.

But, I hope people see these pics and know of this event, because then the games population won’t dwindle by going to the guild graveyard servers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

The main question is which server do you prefer? If you are happy then let me say Welcome!

I’m not really sure. I think Sanctum of Rall is a nice server but I don’t really feel like I fit in.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

The battlefields seem to be running red.

Red with the rust from mixing Iron and tears.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cinix.2135

Cinix.2135

Wanted to say thank you to HL and Choo for the GvG, vH had fun. Also Wanted to thank the BG spectators who were kittens and had to be dealt with.
TW with your superior NA coverage you could have come to the GvG you ask to do, but thanks for at least telling us you were not gonna show.

in Match-ups

Posted by: IXJac.4197

IXJac.4197

WvW is a three way match. It pretty much invites a double team when one server has a significant advantage. It’s a better setup than a consistent 1v1, which has no such balancing mechanism for when one side gains an advantage.

I would argue that people who fail to form allies of convenience when outmatched are failing to play the game as intended.

Kitten of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nightcrawler.2580

Nightcrawler.2580

I welcome the double team because it’s more action. As amazing as it sounds, farming bags gets old quickly. Sometimes a wipe is more fun than wiping the opponent.

The only thing that irks me is how big of hypocrites Blackgate is for constantly complaining about 2v1 when it wasn’t happening every single time they are in T1 and then see them stand side by side with JQ. Has nothing to do with WvW. It’s just the poor attitudes that plague these forums that are becoming annoying.

I can guarantee Blackgate would be rushing to these forums if we stood side by side with JQ and took their Garrison.

But, I hope people see these pics and know of this event, because then the games population won’t dwindle by going to the guild graveyard servers.

This actually did happen this week. JQ on the east and SoR on the west and didnt attack each other. JQ breaks into inner, and SoR stays at inner gates stopping BG from getting in. JQ caps it and SoR leaves. SoR member /laughs, I sighed, and nobody on BG posted this on the forums.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

WvW is a three way match. It pretty much invites a double team when one server has a significant advantage. It’s a better setup than a consistent 1v1, which has no such balancing mechanism for when one side gains an advantage.

I would argue that people who fail to form allies of convenience when outmatched are failing to play the game as intended.

Which is everyone, I’m afraid. For whatever reason people never attack the most stacked server, even when they’re most stacked.

No one did it to BG before IRON came along. No one does it SoR now. And no one really did it to JQ around the time/before WM came to BG.

The weirdest thing too is that the time zones were pretty much divided, so it wasn’t some cut throat “double team as soon as someone has +5 more than the others 24/7” scenario. Each server had a time zone advantage. So I’m surprised after soooooo long in T1 we didn’t just come to an unspoken agreement to double team SoR during EU/NA and BG during SEA, for example.

At least then no one can run away with the score.

I hope next weeks match ups aren’t too bad. I figure who ever gets stuck with SoR is in for it, but if the new match ups with JQ and BG just turn into HoD-level steamrolling ANet is just going to do more harm than good for WvW. But… that wouldn’t be new.

I think at this point everyone just wants GvG, but ANet would pretty much just sign the death warrant on WvW if they released it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I played for several months on Blackgate server and now I’ve spent a little over two weeks on SoR and I have to say that I think there are some pronounced differences between the way each server operates on multiple levels so it’s turned out to be more than just forum rhetoric.

Interesting, what do you think are the biggest differences? I always imagine SoR is more militaristic.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I played for several months on Blackgate server and now I’ve spent a little over two weeks on SoR and I have to say that I think there are some pronounced differences between the way each server operates on multiple levels so it’s turned out to be more than just forum rhetoric.

Interesting, what do you think are the biggest differences? I always imagine SoR is more militaristic.

Probably quieter without Chiabros in LA.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Well one of the big differences is the focus on building a really tight knit community.

The word militaristic might fit but I’d probably use the word idealistic.

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Thanks for all the bags today!

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Wotah.2975

This actually did happen this week. JQ on the east and SoR on the west and didnt attack each other. JQ breaks into inner, and SoR stays at inner gates stopping BG from getting in. JQ caps it and SoR leaves. SoR member /laughs, I sighed, and nobody on BG posted this on the forums.

Well, you ruined that now didn’t you?!

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I was there for this. We let JQ cap it because we couldn’t cap it because of the skill lag. It was atrocious in there. 1 skills weren’t even firing. We figured it was best to let JQ have it and then cap it from them afterwards.

in Match-ups

Nightcrawler.2580

:( , u got me.

in Match-ups

Nightcrawler.2580

I was there for this. We let JQ cap it because we couldn’t cap it because of the skill lag. It was atrocious in there. 1 skills weren’t even firing. We figured it was best to let JQ have it and then cap it from them afterwards.

Yes, this is what happened. I didnt have much skill lag, but other ppl probably did with the amount of ppl around. I still QQed because our garrison was stolen.

(edited by Nightcrawler.2580)

in Match-ups

pot.6805

Why does IRON leave a zone every time they get wiped and then go fight pugs in EBG?

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Wotah.2975

See stuff like this happens. Sometimes it’s just best to let someone (anyone) cap it just to get rid of T3, and come back later with plans.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Well one of the big differences is the focus on building a really tight knit community.

The word militaristic might fit but I’d probably use the word idealistic.

You got us all curious now, what does that even mean?

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

There seems to be a widely held set of beliefs about what is the right way to play this game and it seems like many of them won’t diverge from those beliefs even if it means they might lose.

Like I’ve heard many of the say on TS that they won’t help guilds transfer over for example. A lot of them talk about balancing the tier out instead of dominating it.

I’ve even heard some of the guild leaders say that they’ve turned away guilds that were interested in transferring just because they thought it might unbalance the tier.

I never really heard anyone on BG get overly concerned about that sort of thing.

I also don’t see as many guilds put in big overtime like I did on BG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

I thought it was because im hugable. I have witnessed both servers let me cap an objective while they stand to the side just to clean upgrades on an objective. I figured the other servers just like giving me things.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I thought it was because im hugable. I have witnessed both servers let me cap an objective while they stand to the side just to clean upgrades on an objective. I figured the other servers just like giving me things.

I think it is a policy on SoR to not openly admit your hugability Jed.

in Match-ups

pot.6805

There seems to be a widely held set of beliefs about what is the right way to play this game and it seems like many of them won’t diverge from those beliefs even if it means they might lose.

Like I’ve heard many of the say on TS that they won’t help guilds transfer over for example. A lot of them talk about balancing the tier out instead of dominating it.

I’ve even heard some of the guild leaders say that they’ve turned away guilds that were interested in transferring just because they thought it might unbalance the tier.

I never really heard anyone on BG get overly concerned about that sort of thing.

LOL! You got all of the SoR talking points into one propaganda post, so hilarious.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

LOL! You got all of the SoR talking points into one propaganda post, so hilarious.

I never said that I thought any of that stuff was good I’m just saying that I’ve found it to be legit. They appear to practice what they preach.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

I never said that I thought any of that stuff was good I’m just saying that I’ve found it to be legit. They appear to practice what they preach.

Interesting perspective. And if it is true, impressive if they’ve got the entire server all on the same page. How that is even possible I don’t know though, so many different players and guilds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

I can get you all on the same page right here on page 8. We all love competition and thoroughly beating someone or teams in battle in this video game thingy called gee dubya toooo. Boom!

GfnG

::drops mic::

Jed out!

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

This whole which servers got the most wvwvw oriented guild got me thinking
Adding numbers to this (# avg it fields-# on reset) correct me if I’m wrong

BG (Stole this list from Jahn)
NA (12): KnT (30-?), ICOA (?-?), BT (30-?), RISE (?-?), GOF (?-?), ATAC (?-?), PRO (?-?), RIOT (?-?), RUIN (?-?), WORK (?-?), RESO (?-?), OnS (?-?)
OC (6): MERC (?-?), LOTD (?-?), MEOW (?-?), NOC (?-?), URGE (?-?), XF (?-?)
SEA (6): THAI (?-?), ND (?-?), ND (?-?), WM (?-?), JL (?-?), NBB (?-?)
EURO (2): HB (?-?), RK (15-?)

SoR
NA (10): TW (30-30), FEAR (30-30), Tsym (40-60), Choo (35-40), LUN (40-60), Hel (15-20), PLUM (5-5), BMS (5-10), CAPS (5-5), VNG (5-10)
OC (2): OCX (?-?), HIRE (?-?)
SEA: NYS (30-?), SAHP (?-?), AFS (20-?)
EURO (1): IRON (30-?)
Pvx (4): GSCH (?-?), CDS (10-?), HL (20-40), UL (?-?)

JQ
NA (12): WARD (?-?), SG (?-?), NORD (?-?), DA (?-?), COF (?-?), AoS (?-?), EMP (?-?), HzH (30-35), Myth (?-?), SF (30-40), EM (?-?), vH (?-?)
OC (1): TKG (?-?)
SEA (6): GE (?-?), ATM (?-?), DC (?-?), EDMW (?-?), FOO (?-?), VAL (?-?)
EURO (0): -
Misc (2): FIRE (?-?), YAKI (?-?)

funny thing…
You will never ever get an accurate list of who has who, who has gotten who, and who still plays unless ..and here’s the key word here.. HONEST people from the server(s) in question post a list of who is on the server..

Its silly trying to make an issue of it when not everyone is fully willing to be honest about who they absorbed/payed into their WvW community.

Just sayin…

RIOT fields around 120-150 people per night.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Interesting perspective. And if it is true, impressive if they’ve got the entire server all on the same page. How that is even possible I don’t know though, so many different players and guilds.

I dunno I’m still trying to figure that one out.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ardon.4105

Ardon.4105

BG (Stole this list from Jahn) RESO (?-?)

I’m surprised nobody asked who RESO actually is? I’ve never heard of any guild of that name on our server. We do have a [Res], for Resonance, but they’re Oceanic.

Anyways, I can confirm RIOT’s statement. If you don’t see the rest of them, you’ve already lost.

[Agg] Rendon Argos (Charrgos) – Guardian
Server Traversing Nomad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

SoR certainly seems unified on the battlefield from our perspective,if you know what I mean.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

One of us, one of us, gooble gobble, we accept her we accept her, one of us, one of us.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

SoR certainly seems unified on the battlefield from our perspective,if you know what I mean.

Yeah there’s a lot of zerging going on in general.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

I have to say that since the beginning of time ideas and ideals have driven any kind of progress.
I thank you for being honest moreover while you seem to disagree with such ideals because it is an objective point of view. We have stated these points numerous times before, but somehow, it was always wrongly perceived as boasting, server propaganda because some people can only relate to their own set of standards and everything falling outside of that it is not accepted.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

2 hours to double team and cap garrison? Good times? i would be embarrassed.

I would be too. Especially if I was one of many Blackgate players consistently crying about double teams.

Double teams happen in general, but from what I’m seeing this was planned in advance. Such a tragedy to have happen in T1, but we welcome the challenge. More bags for us.

Natural 2v1, wasn’t planned.
But keep crying anyway.

I don’t think anyone is crying especially when SoR is winning the war.
I remember that Indo in his speech asked for 2v1 fights against SoR to make this match more challenging, more so he is actively helping with recruiting guilds for BG and JQ. One example is the BT guild which if they have joined SoR it would have completely imbalanced the match. I would love to see that type of unselfish attitude from everyone to cover each one’s weak spots and coverage.
Let’s all work together helping each other to make this a better match.

Look at dragonbrand’s this week matchup, its not helping their own server that they are steamrolling their opponents. In fact, none of the 3 servers are having fun.

I hope DB’s morale is sky high and if Anet’s new matching system works as advertised, this latest faceroll should catapult them to a T1 matchup this Friday.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ayarei.6912

Ayarei.6912

This is true. I was on Blackgate until server transfers became paid. It seemed a lot of it’s members and guilds were more interested in gaining numbers than actually being effective in WvW. A few reasons I left was because no one seemed interested in trying new tactics and people used WvW to level their alts.

I was talking to a current guildy of mine and they made a great point. Blackgate is a server of people that just want first place, where as SoR is a server that wants to just have fun. Through having fun, SoR has grown a LOT. Through wanting to be first place and nothing more, BG has grown a lot… of baddies.

Needless to say, when I was on Blackgate, the guilds fighting now were not besides Icoa and KnT, and possibly EA but I haven’t seen that tag in ages. The only active guild I really see anymore is Icoa. You could add Thai and Urge, but I haven’t even really seen them in ages, besides the gold buyers of Thai doing golem rushes on SM and then losing it 15 minutes later.

gold buyer buy a golem? srsly? dont u know we can get free siege from JP and not just from EBG.

i lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: windrunner.5690

windrunner.5690

It probably has to do with the fact that the WvW guilds to join SoR did not come expecting to win T1. BG/JQ were the top dogs at the time and they came looking for the best fights GW2 had to offer, but of course no one knew how badly attrition would affect the top dogs at the time. SoR being #3 for so long and appearing weak in all but NA prime only attracted a certain type of player/guild, those who weren’t looking for easy wins, but good fights and good competition. They have always been on the same page IMO.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I can get you all on the same page right here on page 8. We all love competition and thoroughly beating someone or teams in battle in this video game thingy called gee dubya toooo. Boom!

GfnG

Jed out!

/swoon throws panties

Everyone wants to be on the same page as Jed

More three-ways in Hills plz <3

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

We have stated these points numerous times before, but somehow, it was always wrongly perceived as boasting, server propaganda because some people can only relate to their own set of standards and everything falling outside of that it is not accepted.

I don’t think it’s really about that, but more about constantly being shoved down people’s throats. That said, you look good in a hooded cloak Zen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yUpbOliTHJY

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

GfnG

Jed out!

/swoon throws panties

Everyone wants to be on the same page as Jed

More three-ways in Hills plz <3

Please, everyone please, give the Jedsus some space. He follows a VERY strict code of non-celebacy.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

It probably has to do with the fact that the WvW guilds to join SoR did not come expecting to win T1. BG/JQ were the top dogs at the time and they came looking for the best fights GW2 had to offer, but of course no one knew how badly attrition would affect the top dogs at the time. SoR being #3 for so long and appearing weak in all but NA prime only attracted a certain type of player/guild, those who weren’t looking for easy wins, but good fights and good competition. They have always been on the same page IMO.

In adding, when SOR was stuck in 3rd place for months on end, we also had our fair share of individuals and guilds that simply did not care about good fights or competition so the server lost those types of players to transfers as well. In essence this was a good thing as it allowed SOR to trim the fat of dead weight. I know one particular poster here (name withheld for obvious reasons) who transferred to JQ just a week prior to JQ going under, talk about the worst timing to join them when he was probably hoping to be carried to T1 weekly dominance, haha.

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

There’s a reason SoR is the only server to get #1 without the FULL status and the only server that has gone up the highest number of ranks to get to #1.

It takes a lot of organization and unity along with positive, charismatic, and vibrant leaders to grow a community and keep it strong.

Everyone who has played on other servers and then comes to SoR say it is like night and day, the difference between other servers and SoR.

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

There’s a reason SoR is the only server to get #1 without the FULL status and the only server that has gone up the highest number of ranks to get to #1.

It takes a lot of organization and unity along with positive, charismatic, and vibrant leaders to grow a community and keep it strong.

Everyone who has played on other servers and then comes to SoR say it is like night and day, the difference between other servers and SoR.

SOR commanders quickly dissolve troll or negative talk in TS as well which is why unneeded drama rarely happens in SOR. Had an incident of two well known and active Oceanics last week where some random frustrated guy on TS started to bark, “if such and such <guild> came to help us sooner we would not have lost all the siege I placed…”

Instead of the above comment being taken out of context in public teamspeak, the commander of the guild being accused simply stated, “hmmm, I doubt it would have made any difference”. The rest of the chat agreed from both guilds and that negative talk was quickly extinguished.

So kudos to those involved that day (you know who you are!) to handle the lone frustrated gamer in a respectful manner and to prevent that incident from escalating further.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Just putting this out there, you are not the only server to do so. JQ became #1 with “Very High Statues”. We only became “Full” with the people that joined after.
We varied between Very High and full, but when we actually became #1 we were very high. Then week or so after it switched.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

T3 BG garrison flipped, and it didnt take a double team and it didnt take 2 hours either :P