Week 7 - Fight For Second - SF/DH (and ET)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

A couple of us are at OS arena looking for duels. Come now.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I would like to see ET win, me and Devon bet big money on you guys, dont let us down now.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Getting my computer fixed for only about $115. 2 new hard drives, a new video card, and a new screen.

It’s good to have family that has spare parts and knows how to fix it. lol

So hopefully i’ll be back on GW2 next week at about thursday (or sooner).

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokunocarrie.7215

bokunocarrie.7215

pretty sure we wouldn’t be losing if we still had ajax blue

blackgate #FHDFriday

in Match-ups

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

keeping us on our toes SF. great fights all night. the omega-counter-omega bomb on hills was the highlight of my night. [star] you guys probably would have captured our hills if we hadn’t speed built those 2 omegas and timed it perfectly.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

There’s no great mystery at play or anything remotely like that.

NA prime time SF is STACKED. On reset night first week against HoD I think we had at LEAST 3/4 maps queued if not all at at least 1 point in the night. For the most part EBG, Home BL, and 1 additional BL, would be queued and for a period of time (30minsish IIRC). That’s relatively high tier participation. We have a decentish presence in late night/early morning, we’re relative ghost town til NA prime. This has been the case for about a year now at least.

There’s no “oh we didn’t have the numbers” when it came to HoD for SF. At all. Maybe the second week vs but certainly not the first. All the first week was was us being outplayed HARD. We fell short in the small man, we fell short in zerging, in guild groups, in defense, in everything. At least in bronze league the top 3 hasn’t been determined JUST through coverage, you can really appreciate the QUALITY of play between the three different servers. In that sense, mad props to HoD you played WELL.

Theres a lot of reasons why this server is above that server etc. In bronze league top 3 there’s a lot of complex considerations that need to be made, cant say the same for other leagues. SF has been shown where it needs to improve outside of sheer coverage and numbers and GOD I hope people realize that. I hope your fights with SF have provided you with the same opportunity.

The problem with weak coverage is that we only have groups going up against T3 towers which doesn’t really give a shot at progressive improvement. Get good or get out and of course the fairweathers got out. That is what happened starting on Monday in week one as soon as Dx got a shot at easy nightcapping. If people would just do as they were told, it would be a little different, but obviously only CoSA cared enough to do it.

I think during primetime we compete with HoD easily, not so sure about being outplayed though. Their pugs dragged em down a lot, our pugs do the same. Facing MU that successfully avoids picking up pugs was a hard fight, but when they had pugs they were pushovers since they kept rallying us. Our pugs are just as bad, if not worse. We both won our share of fights and often topped them in PPT especially during the weekend. I kind of expect the same thing with DH now that ET is gone, with no one to slow them down, we’ll get really wrecked by their nightcrew starting on Monday.

If you remember right, Kaineng was a big ? in bronze and HoD, DH, FC, SF (or was it FC in front of DH, I forget?) was the proper order. On SF we’ve already surpassed expectations, so there is nothing to be sad about.

We’ll see what Anet comes up with to fix that after the season. I think all leagues have shown the same problem exists, no matter the degree, it just is. If they refuse to do anything about it, maybe the grass will be greener elsewhere. It’s not like most weeks were enjoyable this season. I enjoyed HoD matchup, the rest have been boring as hell, to the point I feel like quitting this game. This week, we’ll see, but I suspect it’ll get boring fast come Monday, where we outnumber them in our primetime, then their primetime logs in and they outnumber us and so on.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

(edited by ptitminou.6489)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

If you remember right, Kaineng was a big ? in bronze and HoD, DH, FC, SF (or was it FC in front of DH, I forget?) was the proper order. On SF we’ve already surpassed expectations, so there is nothing to be sad about.

Well, SF and FC had both beat us pre-season so… I think Solstice had it right in his summation on first post of bronze league. The difference between our servers was yours had a larger WvW pop pre-season, while our massive PvE population made our potential influx greater.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Does ET actually exist

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nike.9563

Nike.9563

Twenty dead golems in ET’s EB keep says we are around once in a while.

Necromancer For Hire (Gold T6 Mats or Precursors accepted methods of payment)

in Match-ups

Posted by: DisplayName.7802

DisplayName.7802

Great fight tonight from both DH/ET in their BL.

#givemestarbucksplx<3

Basic Banjo

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odies.8017

Odies.8017

There’s no great mystery at play or anything remotely like that.

NA prime time SF is STACKED. On reset night first week against HoD I think we had at LEAST 3/4 maps queued if not all at at least 1 point in the night. For the most part EBG, Home BL, and 1 additional BL, would be queued and for a period of time (30minsish IIRC). That’s relatively high tier participation. We have a decentish presence in late night/early morning, we’re relative ghost town til NA prime. This has been the case for about a year now at least.

There’s no “oh we didn’t have the numbers” when it came to HoD for SF. At all. Maybe the second week vs but certainly not the first. All the first week was was us being outplayed HARD. We fell short in the small man, we fell short in zerging, in guild groups, in defense, in everything. At least in bronze league the top 3 hasn’t been determined JUST through coverage, you can really appreciate the QUALITY of play between the three different servers. In that sense, mad props to HoD you played WELL.

Theres a lot of reasons why this server is above that server etc. In bronze league top 3 there’s a lot of complex considerations that need to be made, cant say the same for other leagues. SF has been shown where it needs to improve outside of sheer coverage and numbers and GOD I hope people realize that. I hope your fights with SF have provided you with the same opportunity.

The problem with weak coverage is that we only have groups going up against T3 towers which doesn’t really give a shot at progressive improvement. Get good or get out and of course the fairweathers got out. That is what happened starting on Monday in week one as soon as Dx got a shot at easy nightcapping. If people would just do as they were told, it would be a little different, but obviously only CoSA cared enough to do it.

I think during primetime we compete with HoD easily, not so sure about being outplayed though. Their pugs dragged em down a lot, our pugs do the same. Facing MU that successfully avoids picking up pugs was a hard fight, but when they had pugs they were pushovers since they kept rallying us. Our pugs are just as bad, if not worse. We both won our share of fights and often topped them in PPT especially during the weekend. I kind of expect the same thing with DH now that ET is gone, with no one to slow them down, we’ll get really wrecked by their nightcrew starting on Monday.

We’ll see what Anet comes up with to fix that after the season. I think all leagues have shown the same problem exists, no matter the degree, it just is. If they refuse to do anything about it, maybe the grass will be greener elsewhere. It’s not like most weeks were enjoyable this season. I enjoyed HoD matchup, the rest have been boring as hell, to the point I feel like quitting this game. This week, we’ll see, but I suspect it’ll get boring fast come Monday, where we outnumber them in our primetime, then their primetime logs in and they outnumber us and so on.

Attachments:

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

Twenty dead golems in ET’s EB keep says we are around once in a while.

Was a fun day to farm those golems and also to farm DH zerg all around, having them chasing our 4 man has been quite fun to be honest.

I honestly still can’t understand why/how people play for ppt.. its a disguise/lame excuse for PvE in a supposedly PvP area, let alone the people that get mad for losing in ppt or feel like it is unfair.. its obvious that the people who fight the least win the most in ppt, since taking empty stuff is far more rewarding in this system.. at least in sPvP kills also give a small amount of points (it should give more tbh). Kills should also reflect the “overall score” in WvW, forcing people to actually PvP.

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

(edited by Deep Star.6541)

in Match-ups

Posted by: totalpwnage.6534

totalpwnage.6534

I honestly still can’t understand why/how people play for ppt.. its a disguise/lame excuse for PvE in a supposedly PvP area, let alone the people that get mad for losing in ppt or feel like it is unfair.. its obvious that the people who fight the least win the most in ppt, since taking empty stuff is far more rewarding in this system.. at least in sPvP kills also give a small amount of points (it should give more tbh). Kills should also reflect the “overall score” in WvW, forcing people to actually PvP.

People go for PPT because thats the objective of WvW. You’re allowed to play however you want but if you aren’t getting high PPT then you’re doing it wrong. This isn’t just a large SPvP fight, it includes towers for the sole purpose of taking them for points. If you still can’t realise WvW is different to just normal PvP then you silly.

Happylittlevegemite of Darkhaven
Quick Load [LOAD]

in Match-ups

Assassin X.8573

ET has Captured SF GARRISON!

Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

totalpwnage.6534

I’m just gonna put this right here……

Attachments:

Quick Load [LOAD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

People go for PPT because thats the objective of WvW. You’re allowed to play however you want but if you aren’t getting high PPT then you’re doing it wrong. This isn’t just a large SPvP fight, it includes towers for the sole purpose of taking them for points. If you still can’t realise WvW is different to just normal PvP then you silly.

Imma have to disagree with this. We shall now throw in the PAXA argument. Stop zeroing bro. But seriously, WvW is an open PvP zone. ANET through PPT in there so people (like yourself) I’m assuming feel like they can accomplish something. I’ll speak personally about how the majority of HoD guilds could care less about PPT. Yes, we get them because frankly there is no way else to pull the other server out to fight us. All we want is fights. Some of our WvW guilds have been in PvE for the past two weeks because there is absolutely no fights. I’ll let you in on a lil secret. [VLK] pulled out of EB 30minutes into reset because after capping 3 keeps and killing 7 people, that kitten is not fun.

Many WvW guilds aren’t there for the PPT. They are there simply to fight. You don’t show we won’t come. FC did this last week and this is how they beat GoM in my personally opinion. FC did not defend a single single they owned. So, we got bored over there and went to GoM, who did defend. We picked the BL where we would have resistance over the BL that was empty.

You are right, WvW isn’t like normal sPvP. I don’t have to run full bunker and sit in a circle waiting for my score to get to 500 to win. I can just look for fights and say screw the score in WvW. Regardless of numbers. (I am swerving from the PAXA philosophy, forgive me). I will go sPvP when I am able to run a 10man+ there and not have to care about protecting the waterfall. WvW is meant about having fun. Well, unless I am ruining your gaming experience because I play for fights and not a finisher. Though, I can’t wait for my first place finisher….

On a side note, [VLK] is rooting for the upset DH. Don’t let us down. ET I still have 15g on you guys. You better get your act together. Win the forum war if anything. I thought [BS] was good at fighting outnumbered. Or did you recruit to many PvErs? BAM! SF lets see you close that score gap. I think I speak for everyone when I say, I want the matchup to go down to the last few hours on Friday.

Hugs and kiss,
~Devon
~~VLK

P.S. Yo mama so fat she has more rolls than a bakery. o.O

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nike.9563

Nike.9563

Agreed, but that’s because ET was actually playing during week 1. Yesterday, we saw the guild formerly known as IoM in DH BL for 5 minutes and they didn’t even attack their own side of the map. It was kinda sad that that whole lot of players are that lost since (and I only presume based on how they wiped to fewer pugs than them last week) they seem to have lost their good commanders.

IoM rally 11/27…Clearly we can’t handle SF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i9LvSKNQD0&feature=share&list=UUBEHm1fvkTTrDC1IWDwHfMg

Necromancer For Hire (Gold T6 Mats or Precursors accepted methods of payment)

in Match-ups

Assassin X.8573

nice defense on garrison ET!

Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: SyntheticIrony.1823

SyntheticIrony.1823

DH must be proud that in the AM, they can pull cross swords for 3 people attacking our own keep.. then dancing on our dead bodies, and spawn camping us? Good job DH.

Attachments:

Aurena Navarian- StaR
Sorrows Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

I honestly still can’t understand why/how people play for ppt..

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Selexin.1685

Selexin.1685

.. at least in sPvP kills also give a small amount of points (it should give more tbh). Kills should also reflect the “overall score” in WvW, forcing people to actually PvP.[/quote]

Umm — each kill in WvW is reflected in score, one kill = one point.

Seaoma / Gord Onfest
[TECH] [PS]
Darkhaven

in Match-ups

Posted by: alexandermrgn.3648

alexandermrgn.3648

Nah, this tick is what we’re proud of.

Attachments:

Dumpy the Dwarf
Anbu Ops [ANBU] | HoD

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

wtf that’s low tho

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Assassin X.8573

wtf that’s low tho

higher than yours

Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

We don’t have morning coverage, everyone knows this and is old news.

Teef master race

in Match-ups

alexandermrgn.3648

I think if you guys had stronger morning coverage, we could go back and forth forever and I’d never tire of WvW. I’ve never had as much fun as playing you guys when we both have numbers.

Dumpy the Dwarf
Anbu Ops [ANBU] | HoD

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

wtf that’s low tho

higher than yours

I didn’t realize I was playing for ppt, sorry.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deaddawg.9418

Deaddawg.9418

Great fight tonight from both DH/ET in their BL.

#givemestarbucksplx<3

Concur! Most stressful yet most enjoying night of WvW I’ve had.

#foldgersforme/notimeforstarbucksruns

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khursun.2354

Khursun.2354

While it’s a known fact I <3 ET, I’m pulling for my old server Darkhaven to take 2nd. Proud of you guys for getting your kitten together after all those guilds bailing and look at you now.

T-Rex
Raijin Hammerstorm/Lightstorm/Shrimpstorm

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Was passing by Redbriar in SF BL and an Anet tag caught my eye…had a couple duels with him. Just came to apologize, I almost feel a little bad, it felt slightly like spawn camping :/

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Match-ups

Assassin X.8573

Was passing by Redbriar in SF BL and an Anet tag caught my eye…had a couple duels with him. Just came to apologize, I almost feel a little bad, it felt slightly like spawn camping :/

What class was the Anet employee?

Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

Assassin X.8573

wtf that’s low tho

higher than yours

I didn’t realize I was playing for ppt, sorry.

Unfortunately, this week, darkhaven does have to play for ppt, if we want to finish 2nd in bronze league. I’d rather run skirmish and ninja groups…

Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

Zietlogik.6208

They started as an ele, but after a couple duels, swapped to mesmer

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Match-ups

Posted by: DisplayName.7802

DisplayName.7802

Since I dont have any screenshots against morning coverage gap.
I will just post some fun moments from last night

Attachments:

Basic Banjo

in Match-ups

Zietlogik.6208

Since I dont have any screenshots against morning coverage gap.
I will just post some fun moments from last night

Dat chat box in the Sentry screenshot <.<;

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunacrous.6751

lunacrous.6751

I think I’d appreciate SFs ongoing strategy to drain us of supply at DH Bay a bit more if 900 of our supply hadn’t been conveniently burned by someone queuing up patrols when they attacked. Surely that was just a totally random coincidence though. Surely!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

GF to that SF war behind the south east camp in ET BL. Lol, we both just had to walk away. Good stuff.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

.. at least in sPvP kills also give a small amount of points (it should give more tbh). Kills should also reflect the “overall score” in WvW, forcing people to actually PvP.

Umm — each kill in WvW is reflected in score, one kill = one point.[/quote]

Make it meaningful with 10 points / stomp… because right now you gain more points from killing dolyaks or taking empty supply camps for a couple mins.

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

AWw yeah Darkhaven! I got 25g on you guys, make me some moneyyyyy!

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

totalpwnage.6534

Make it meaningful with 10 points / stomp… because right now you gain more points from killing dolyaks or taking empty supply camps for a couple mins.

Why should killing one uplevel give more points than choking supply to a tower/keep or wiping an enemy camp rendering it invulnerable for 5 minutes?

Quick Load [LOAD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: FleurBlanc.1790

FleurBlanc.1790

At least there are some fun fights

([StaR] vs [DI] from a few hours ago outside garri)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AW0csfv4P4&hd=1

(reset night with [IoM])
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdKlBLBDarU&hd=1

Micro Hipa [ TM ] [ Shot ] [ BMO ] [ DOLO ]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I think I’d appreciate SFs ongoing strategy to drain us of supply at DH Bay a bit more if 900 of our supply hadn’t been conveniently burned by someone queuing up patrols when they attacked. Surely that was just a totally random coincidence though. Surely!

So far we had same or similar on our side happen on 3 different occasions that I have seen, most likely more. People on your and our sides do make mistakes you know, many newcomers think they are helping but really they aren’t.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Match-ups

Tongku.5326

This match so far sucks.

I love playing WvW for the big epic battles, I don’t care about lag, I don’t care about the “who did what to whom”. What I want the most is big large scale epic battles. So far there has been only 1 here, and I have spent majority of my time since reset in WvW.

Even the 1 big battle at the garison has been cheesed to the maximum by warbanner train, but that one is on A-net since we would do the same had our roles been reversed. I really do hope a-net does something about that, just another one of many broken game mechanics.

All the other times the fights are just some sort of stupid chases, often of warriors traited for max runing away skills and perma stealth thieves. Guilds like BS and few others cant put up any decent fight all they do is just skirmish and run which sucks.

Our last 2 weeks we got to fight MU and VLK when going up against HoD. Neither DH nor ET have anything that can come even remotely close that in quality on both their servers combined.

So maybe some other people from SF will post about good fights etc. just to make you all feel better, but I won’t, I’ll tell you straight out, for a game opponent, you suck and you disappoint.

Edit: P.S. Just before you start throwing GvGs in here, a GvG is nothing like rest of WvW. It is neither largescale, strategic, nor tactical enough. It just don’t cut it.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in Match-ups

Tongku.5326

Imma have to disagree with this. We shall now throw in the PAXA argument. Stop zeroing bro. But seriously, WvW is an open PvP zone. ANET through PPT in there so people (like yourself) I’m assuming feel like they can accomplish something. I’ll speak personally about how the majority of HoD guilds could care less about PPT. Yes, we get them because frankly there is no way else to pull the other server out to fight us. All we want is fights. Some of our WvW guilds have been in PvE for the past two weeks because there is absolutely no fights. I’ll let you in on a lil secret. [VLK] pulled out of EB 30minutes into reset because after capping 3 keeps and killing 7 people, that kitten is not fun.

Many WvW guilds aren’t there for the PPT. They are there simply to fight. You don’t show we won’t come. FC did this last week and this is how they beat GoM in my personally opinion. FC did not defend a single single they owned. So, we got bored over there and went to GoM, who did defend. We picked the BL where we would have resistance over the BL that was empty.

You are right, WvW isn’t like normal sPvP. I don’t have to run full bunker and sit in a circle waiting for my score to get to 500 to win. I can just look for fights and say screw the score in WvW. Regardless of numbers. (I am swerving from the PAXA philosophy, forgive me). I will go sPvP when I am able to run a 10man+ there and not have to care about protecting the waterfall. WvW is meant about having fun. Well, unless I am ruining your gaming experience because I play for fights and not a finisher. Though, I can’t wait for my first place finisher….

On a side note, [VLK] is rooting for the upset DH. Don’t let us down. ET I still have 15g on you guys. You better get your act together. Win the forum war if anything. I thought [BS] was good at fighting outnumbered. Or did you recruit to many PvErs? BAM! SF lets see you close that score gap. I think I speak for everyone when I say, I want the matchup to go down to the last few hours on Friday.

Hugs and kiss,
~Devon
~~VLK

P.S. Yo mama so fat she has more rolls than a bakery. o.O

That remains to be seen, I am so sick and tired and dissapointed so far I might spend rest of the week in PvE. There are really no good fights here, all it is is a bunch of very small runing away teams that will sooner retreat to a tower full of ACs and then waypoint just before the take rather then come and fight.

Honestly, 1 of the better fights we have had so far was spawn camping DH in their BL cause at least they presented some fun for some time with their invuln on. Thats how bad it is. Its the only time they actually don’t run away.

On top of all that its same story we had with you guys, coverage.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in Match-ups

alexandermrgn.3648

Is this a record of some kind? It’s getting a little awkward, please don’t give up guys— I was loving some of the huge fights outside Stonemist the other day, or the siege on the USS Darkhaven.

Attachments:

Dumpy the Dwarf
Anbu Ops [ANBU] | HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Idk, the +590 we’re pulling now seems better.

Anyways, what happened to SF? I could swear when we faced you last time in the league, you were beating us pretty good.

What server was he/she repping at the time? (Cause it seems Anet employees swap servers quite a bit from the sounds of it (some dev comments in videos/red posts). Do they get free transfers or something?)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I have to say, and I know I won’t be a popular person to say it but I will anyway….

SF (My server) is terrible at WvW, not because we aren’t “good players”. It is more because as soon as things go south we start looking for excuses. In the old days during our climb out of T8 we seemed to enjoy a nice challenge, but now its more of a rollover and die mentality. (Not everyone of course, but the fairweather trend is growing) I also hate how we queue things when we are fighting ET/FC/DR/AR but mysteriously are outmanned when we fight DH/HoD.

Let me go ahead and dispel a few rumors/and make a few observations:

-SF is not a PVE server (well no more than any other server), in fact the PVE events (very few) that I have managed to go to were pretty poor.
-We do have superior numbers, but only if we are “winning”
-We have coverage gaps, but not anymore than any other server in comparable tier positions. The gaps just become much larger when we lose the fairweather train.
-Regarding EB, SF spends more than 50% of the time either trying to get SM or losing everything trying to keep SM. SM is only beneficial to hold if you use it as an asset, which we do not do. (Treb 24/7 from it, and constantly flip Anz/Ogre/Durios/QL/Klov/WC, etc) All SM is to SF is a giant albatross that the fairweather/bads beg for but do not even bother to defend properly, or they defend at all costs losing everything around the map while doing so.
-We do not defend well, SF waits to build defensive siege usually after the gate is being attacked, 90% of the time if there is siege already built it is because it was there from the last attack.
-Transfers will not help as much as people think. If anything they would just boost the morale of the fairweather-base and make it appear as if it was due to transfers. Well unless the transfers play well in the early NA morning. The reason I say this is because our morning crew is (hopefully) pretty new to the game or extremely casual. Over the last week I have saw us lose more stuff in the morning while having plenty of people on, mainly due to little/no defense on BL and/or “Sternmerst Fixation Syndrome” (SFS).

Also, every server has bandwagoners/fairweathers, but we do not do a good enough job week-in-week-out to make sure that ours stay in WvW (IE: post a good reset lead). People basically just log in, check the score, if it is not favorable: they go do something else.

Also, people on SF (in general) care too much about the score, and that is the root cause of the entire issue. And it only makes all the points above worse, because the more people think the score means everything, the more these problems will worsen.

Truth be told, I thought we would finish 2nd, and think we could have actually finished 1st. We have beaten all of these servers before, and they have beaten us. However I could have just as easily believed we would finish 3rd or even 4th or 5th simply because the way our population varies, and having witnessed it for the last year or so.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in Match-ups

Assassin X.8573

wow i went to sleep about 10 hrs ago and we had a 20k lead, its morning and we have a 37k lead. holy kitten lol.

Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

People can play for what they want, but playing solely for PPT is a fool’s errand.

Personally, I do not think there is anything wrong with playing “WvW” (capturing objectives/defending them, etc), where the ignorance comes in is believing that “PPT” or the Scoreboard more accurately is a measure of anything beyond population and how it relates to coverage.

What I am trying to say is that playing for the scoreboard is “silly” (your word sir). The objective of WvW is fights (large and small scale), and taking/defending/upgrading/sieging objectives. Just because ANET felt the need to attach a scoreboard and tie it to all of that does not mean that you or I have to abide by it.

If they put a counting score on how many times each server killed Teq, would you be out there farming Teq and gazing at that counter? Probably not, you would probably do it as it suits you, which is how many people play WvW.

The fact is that people that play solely for “PPT” tend to ruin this game more than add to it, or even enjoy it for that matter.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

wow i went to sleep about 10 hrs ago and we had a 20k lead, its morning and we have a 37k lead. holy kitten lol.

Hey I wanted to give props to the ANBU necro commander in EB yesterday (Sunday) morning (NA). We noticed they were pushing us steadily, however the DH pugs were not following hardly at all. Despite all of that, the commander kept on pushing and kept coming.

Hats off to him/her as it might have been frustrating, I know our party was focusing the commander because it must have been about 5-6 times we saw him/her push into us to wipe SF (and probably could have if the pugs would have pushed) only to get wiped because the DH pugs would not follow.

So to that commander, keep up the fight, you are doing it right even if your pugs wont follow properly.

Mag Server Leader