Week 7 - Fight For Second - SF/DH (and ET)

in Match-ups

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

wow i went to sleep about 10 hrs ago and we had a 20k lead, its morning and we have a 37k lead. holy kitten lol.

Well we did have a +590 ppt for a while there this morning. Not sure if the other servers don’t have anyone at that time, or if they’ve given up…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Not sure if the other servers don’t have anyone at that time, or if they’ve given up…

ET never gives up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

wow i went to sleep about 10 hrs ago and we had a 20k lead, its morning and we have a 37k lead. holy kitten lol.

Well we did have a +590 ppt for a while there this morning. Not sure if the other servers don’t have anyone at that time, or if they’ve given up…

It’s been like that since release for SF. During week one, ET actually showed up and pretty much countered DH well enough for us to rack up more points in our primetime than in DH primetime. This week is just back to normal. I was actually surprised we won week one.

I was doubting we’d beat FC this season since they were a better server, until a Blackgate guy told us how they were gonna counter SoR so we did the same against them, then shooting for second seemed plausible. They crumbled, it seems, in the same fashion. The 80man deathball tactic is no more.

As for this week, ET must have lost a lot of players, we have faced them for the last two weeks and even the guild carrying them seems to have lost its touch. It’s kinda sad, but I maintain only server merges can save bronze tier servers. It’s just a matter of time before people who exclusively WvW in Bronze start quitting or transfering. It is only logical that SoR, TC and JQ will go on a recruitment spree prior to next season to try and counter the BG stacking, so I am expecting there will be excellent offers for many guilds.

As for me, filling in the coverage gap in a Euro server is tempting. Since it wont happen here, perhaps other servers need players. Just gonna wait for free xfers while trying out other games atm I think.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

This match so far sucks.

I love playing WvW for the big epic battles, I don’t care about lag, I don’t care about the “who did what to whom”. What I want the most is big large scale epic battles. So far there has been only 1 here, and I have spent majority of my time since reset in WvW.

Even the 1 big battle at the garison has been cheesed to the maximum by warbanner train, but that one is on A-net since we would do the same had our roles been reversed. I really do hope a-net does something about that, just another one of many broken game mechanics.

All the other times the fights are just some sort of stupid chases, often of warriors traited for max runing away skills and perma stealth thieves. Guilds like BS and few others cant put up any decent fight all they do is just skirmish and run which sucks.

Our last 2 weeks we got to fight MU and VLK when going up against HoD. Neither DH nor ET have anything that can come even remotely close that in quality on both their servers combined.

So maybe some other people from SF will post about good fights etc. just to make you all feel better, but I won’t, I’ll tell you straight out, for a game opponent, you suck and you disappoint.

Edit: P.S. Just before you start throwing GvGs in here, a GvG is nothing like rest of WvW. It is neither largescale, strategic, nor tactical enough. It just don’t cut it.

I suggest you transfer to T1 for epic scale battles. I read your post and it seems you are in the wrong tier. Especially since you don’t care about skill lag. The queues on JQ weren’t bad when I was there. SoR seems to have weakened so their queues are probably short too.

I don’t want to hear you complain about the lack of epic battles. No one comes to the lower tiers for epic battles. I am on ET because I love skirmishing. I love playing without skill lag and I love being able to run havoc without running away from the 60 man zerg 90% of the time.

If you would like a “decent fight”, come at BS with comparable numbers. We don’t run unless we’re severely outnumbered. I’m sorry but our 10 man (if we have that many) isn’t going to stay to be rolled over by your 40 man zerg. I quote “decent fight” because you sound like someone who likes to spam 1 to face roll people. My definition of a decent fight involves the actual use of skill. You might need to look up the definition of that word.

I had an epic fun time last night in the south end of SF BL. Thanks to the DH & SF that came out to play. I remember [nova] being pretty persistent even though we outnumbered their group of 3-4.

Edits: for grammar

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

(edited by Avatar of Belle.9623)

in Match-ups

Posted by: alexandermrgn.3648

alexandermrgn.3648

You mean our +680?

Dumpy the Dwarf
Anbu Ops [ANBU] | HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Is this a record of some kind? It’s getting a little awkward, please don’t give up guys— I was loving some of the huge fights outside Stonemist the other day, or the siege on the USS Darkhaven.

We do NOT have morning coverage. It will be like this all week, like it has been forever.

Teef master race

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

Is this a record of some kind? It’s getting a little awkward, please don’t give up guys— I was loving some of the huge fights outside Stonemist the other day, or the siege on the USS Darkhaven.

We do NOT have morning coverage. It will be like this all week, like it has been forever.

As for a record, no, Yak’s Bend maintained a +695 on us for 4 straight ticks before the season I believe.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Match-ups

Posted by: alexandermrgn.3648

alexandermrgn.3648

Ow. I’m so so sorry.

Dumpy the Dwarf
Anbu Ops [ANBU] | HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

This match so far sucks.

I love playing WvW for the big epic battles, I don’t care about lag, I don’t care about the “who did what to whom”. What I want the most is big large scale epic battles. So far there has been only 1 here, and I have spent majority of my time since reset in WvW.

Even the 1 big battle at the garison has been cheesed to the maximum by warbanner train, but that one is on A-net since we would do the same had our roles been reversed. I really do hope a-net does something about that, just another one of many broken game mechanics.

All the other times the fights are just some sort of stupid chases, often of warriors traited for max runing away skills and perma stealth thieves. Guilds like BS and few others cant put up any decent fight all they do is just skirmish and run which sucks.

Our last 2 weeks we got to fight MU and VLK when going up against HoD. Neither DH nor ET have anything that can come even remotely close that in quality on both their servers combined.

So maybe some other people from SF will post about good fights etc. just to make you all feel better, but I won’t, I’ll tell you straight out, for a game opponent, you suck and you disappoint.

Edit: P.S. Just before you start throwing GvGs in here, a GvG is nothing like rest of WvW. It is neither largescale, strategic, nor tactical enough. It just don’t cut it.

Firstly, this has been the zergiest matchup I’ve been in for a long time… I guess you haven’t been in Dh bl/SF bl much, but there have been MANY huge fights (don’t even get me started on EB).

I’ll skip responding to the rest of your whining, sorry you’re losing and that you feel the need to call us bad. I for one am enjoying this matchup because SF is the only opponent that can keep the new Darkhaven on its toes (cept for HoD, they’d keep us with our face on the ground).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

It’s been like that since release for SF. During week one, ET actually showed up and pretty much countered DH well enough for us to rack up more points in our primetime than in DH primetime. This week is just back to normal. I was actually surprised we won week one.

I was doubting we’d beat FC this season since they were a better server, until a Blackgate guy told us how they were gonna counter SoR so we did the same against them, then shooting for second seemed plausible. They crumbled, it seems, in the same fashion. The 80man deathball tactic is no more.

As for this week, ET must have lost a lot of players, we have faced them for the last two weeks and even the guild carrying them seems to have lost its touch. It’s kinda sad, but I maintain only server merges can save bronze tier servers. It’s just a matter of time before people who exclusively WvW in Bronze start quitting or transfering. It is only logical that SoR, TC and JQ will go on a recruitment spree prior to next season to try and counter the BG stacking, so I am expecting there will be excellent offers for many guilds.

As for me, filling in the coverage gap in a Euro server is tempting. Since it wont happen here, perhaps other servers need players. Just gonna wait for free xfers while trying out other games atm I think.

Lol you guys beat FC by strategy? I’m sure that contributed, but you guys HEAVILY outnumber FC. It’s not even close, tbh. Further, SF got 2nd against FC while Dh had gotten 3rd, just before the leagues started. You guys were considered slightly stronger than us, not the way other around.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

Lol you guys beat FC by strategy? I’m sure that contributed, but you guys HEAVILY outnumber FC. It’s not even close, tbh. Further, SF got 2nd against FC while Dh had gotten 3rd, just before the leagues started. You guys were considered slightly stronger than us, not the way other around.

That’s as stupid as saying that JQ and SoR were considered favorites when the season started because they beat BG, yet BG beat them 20 times before that, just like DH always wrecked us like this week. Feel free to point and laugh at those who bandwagonned to SoR though, I bet they feel SoRry for themselves now.

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

The only issue with comparing Tier1 to T6-8 is….well comparing Tier1 to T6-8.

My point is, I have played on JQ/BG (but not SoR), but I have played against SoR on BG. The difference is that strategy is pretty impactful up there, at least in helping you “win”. And that is really only because the populations are comparable and the coverage gaps are too once you average them out per 24hr shift. Besides each server queues 3-4 maps, the populations are exactly the same.

Down here you rarely have close matches, because of the coverage/population disparities. Even factoring all of that in, lower tier servers do not have stable population week-to-week.

Like Belle said, people that have played on T1s are here for smaller fights and hardly ever here to “win” (scoreboard). If you guys wanna play scoreboard I would suggest you all head up to the “big show” because at least then the scoreboard means a little more with more balanced matches.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Based on what I saw the last two days in WvW nobody is really trying, a lot of people aren’t playing or are burnt out. The kittenery I saw in EB is disgusting

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

This match so far sucks.

-snip-

So far your whole server has disappointed me. No small coordinated groups, you all melt when boils down to even numbers or when you’re still in a 3:1 odds against us…

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

That’s as stupid as saying that JQ and SoR were considered favorites when the season started because they beat BG, yet BG beat them 20 times before that, just like DH always wrecked us like this week. Feel free to point and laugh at those who bandwagonned to SoR though, I bet they feel SoRry for themselves now.

What? I was pointing out the obvious… People like to pretend that SF performed way above expectations rank-wise, they didn’t. At best, you guys are performing almost exactly as was expected. HoD > FC > SF > Dh was the expected order, with Kain thrown in as a “who knows”.

That said, again, I’m not trying to hate on SF. As opponents, you guys are the closest match for us in this league and I respect that. You’re better than us in a fight, and we need to learn from that.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

less qq more pew pew

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

DH just let the people complaining about _ or _ roll off your back. 90% of bronze league thought that SF vs HoD was the only deciding factor for SF. When HoD secured the 1st place after the two week SF matchup everyones predictions put SF squarely at #2. DH stepped up this week and took 2nd place from the heavily favored SF. Great job. People will always say things like “PPT is 4 losers!”, “Every fight we face is 100 DH to 6 SF”, or “We don’t care about the scoreboard”. SF you guys improved a ton when we faced you, but don’t diminish the victory for DH. They knew this was their toughest match up and clearly… they came to play. Oh… and SF… Its only Monday. If you want to win you still can.

Attachments:

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

(edited by Righteous.4307)

in Match-ups

BS is still looking for practice gvgs. If interested, please contact me in game.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

DH just let the people complaining about _ or _ roll off your back. 90% of bronze league thought that SF vs HoD was the only deciding factor for SF. When HoD secured the 1st place after the two week SF matchup everyones predictions put SF squarely at #2. DH stepped up this week and took 2nd place from the heavily favored SF. Great job. People will always say things like “PPT is 4 losers!”, “Every fight we face is 100 DH to 6 SF”, or “We don’t care about the scoreboard”. SF you guys improved a ton when we faced you, but don’t diminish the victory for DH. They knew this was their toughest match up and clearly… they came to play. Oh… and SF… Its only Monday. If you want to win you still can.

We can’t win vs that kind of daytime coverage. We just cannot compete with that no matter how much we’d like to. Unlike HoD, we don’t have a filipino guild carrying us during the day. The 1800 xfer cost just plays against us as well, but the fact is there just is 0 interest in our server. Some others at least have interest where they can get the WvW guilds together and help out with paying 1/2 the xfer costs, we don’t even have that opportunity. Maybe the Spanish are that scary, I don’t know, but it’s just not happening.

SF is pretty much a dead server, even in PvE. Basically, if you don’t solo, you’re better off guesting. Anyways, HoD is about to pass NSP and IoJ in ratings, that pretty much shows that there were a lot of transfers there (And I understand why, I almost did too, that low cost was interesting given I had also hit the 5000 achieve chest reward) which also means you’re out of place to talk about bronze league since it is no longer your reality.

Anyhow, hope Anet fixes the issues and stops trying to sell a pseudo-solution, given that even T1 has the same problem: coverage issues. Perhaps since their sPvP venture was an utter failure, they’ll try to redeem themselves with WvW now. At least I am hoping since I do like the principles behind the game, but not the execution.

(edited by ptitminou.6489)

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Lots of people have cared little for PPT for a very long time, yes even before your guild transferred down here, before there were even ideas for leagues, before people transferred around like crazy to win a dolyak finisher, etc.

PPT isn’t for losers, it is for people who believe that they can control things that are far beyond their control.

The problem with PPT-gazers is that you think you are in the majority, and that may be true to an extent. But I can promise you there are many more people on every lower tier server that understand that it is only a measure of coverage.

Like I said before I don’t fault anyone for enjoying running around in a 60 man blob trying to karma train everything they can find. Hell I have even been known to do it myself if it suits me. What I do think is ridiculous is people that obsess over a scoreboard that measures coverage in some of the most lopsided matches, and then let it affect the way they play/enjoy (supposedly) the game.

It is time for a lot of people to come to terms with something: We are on these tiers because we have crappy coverage, it won’t change. Learn to enjoy your server, enjoy the way it plays WvW, or leave. It really is as simple as that, because unless ANET drastically changes the mechanics of how WvW is structured, there is no real incentive for massive transfers to come down here.

And I for one would love for them to keep their skill lagging, map queuing, stack-n-smack guilds up on higher tiers anyway.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

We can’t win vs that kind of daytime coverage. We just cannot compete with that no matter how much we’d like to. Unlike HoD, we don’t have a filipino guild carrying us during the day. The 1800 xfer cost just plays against us as well, but the fact is there just is 0 interest in our server. Some others at least have interest where they can get the WvW guilds together and help out with paying 1/2 the xfer costs, we don’t even have that opportunity. Maybe the Spanish are that scary, I don’t know, but it’s just not happening.

SF is pretty much a dead server, even in PvE. Basically, if you don’t solo, you’re better off guesting. Anyways, HoD is about to pass NSP and IoJ in ratings, that pretty much shows that there were a lot of transfers there (And I understand why, I almost did too, that low cost was interesting given I had also hit the 5000 achieve chest reward) which also means you’re out of place to talk about bronze league since it is no longer your reality.

Anyhow, hope Anet fixes the issues and stops trying to sell a pseudo-solution, given that even T1 has the same problem: coverage issues. Perhaps since their sPvP venture was an utter failure, they’ll try to redeem themselves with WvW now. At least I am hoping since I do like the principles behind the game, but not the execution.

DH has had a higher PPT than SF at primetime everyday but one. Coverage might make a nice scapegoat, but the argument only holds up if you beat them during your prime time.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/45/

Attachments:

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Wish I could play this week, but it’s the week before finals. Brb, killing self metaphorically.

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

DH has had a higher PPT than SF at primetime everyday but one. Coverage might make a nice scapegoat, but the argument only holds up if you beat them during your prime time.

You really don’t understand what coverage does do you? Read threads other than match ups, its been explained time and time again and I’ve given up on doing it. Sad thing is the devs are just as oblivious to it as you are.

Also, on reset we couldn’t even queue 3 maps, which is kinda sad compared to our usual resets where all 4 are queued during the first 2 hours. We still went back and forth with them. It’s fine though, we went back over FC which was what we initially hoped we’d be able to do. We hate the zergballofdeath tactic just as much as anyone else so we really did not want it to top us. I partly stayed on SF because I wanted to help SF go back over FC actually, every bit helps. I am even rooting for GoM to take back its proper place in front of FC.

Going over DH would have been huge lulz for us, we dreamed about it, but then reality hit. I and a few others had been spamming for weeks in LA that we would end 3rd if people wouldn’t join us in WvW and l2p very fast. Nothing changed. If some people are surprised, fine, but a lot of us WvWers are not. At least, we may have gotten about 5 new WvWers. It’s pathetic, I know, our recruitment is a failure.

(edited by ptitminou.6489)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Unlike HoD, we don’t have a filipino guild carrying us during the day.

What… filipino guild do we have….. Cause I am unaware of any on our server…. Unless they hide in the shadows and have their own TS along with multiple tags but are secretly united together though tongue. But seriously though.

HoD is now recruiting filipino guilds. So we can make this guys wish come true.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

You really don’t understand what coverage does do you? Read threads other than match ups, its been explained time and time again and I’ve given up on doing it. Sad thing is the devs are just as oblivious to it as you are.

Also, on reset we couldn’t even queue 3 maps, which is kinda sad compared to our usual resets where all 4 are queued during the first 2 hours. We still went back and forth with them. It’s fine though, we went back over FC which was what we initially hoped we’d be able to do. We hate the zergballofdeath tactic just as much as anyone else so we really did not want it to top us. I partly stayed on SF because I wanted to help SF go back over FC actually, every bit helps. I am even rooting for GoM to take back its proper place in front of FC.

Going over DH would have been huge lulz for us, we dreamed about it, but then reality hit. I and a few others had been spamming for weeks in LA that we would end 3rd if people wouldn’t join us in WvW and l2p very fast. Nothing changed. If some people are surprised, fine, but a lot of us WvWers are not. At least, we may have gotten about 5 new WvWers. It’s pathetic, I know, our recruitment is a failure.

SF won week 1 against DH:

http://mos.millenium.org/na/wvw_seasons/index/115

As far as I am aware (DH and SF feel free to correct me) there have been no significant influx of players/guilds to DH between week 1 and week 7. If Sorrows Furnace (as a server) wanted second place all that they would have to do is repeat their victory in week 1. So either DH is just plain outplaing SF or SF players (as a whole) don’t want #2 as much as DH players (as a whole). In either case DH was either able to motivate their playerbase better than SF or DH is able to outplay SF.

What… filipino guild do we have….. Cause I am unaware of any on our server…. Unless they hide in the shadows and have their own TS along with multiple tags but are secretly united together though tongue. But seriously though.

Devon, don’t bother… He really doesn’t know what he is talking about. As a shoutout to my VLK buddies: “Hodor!”

Attachments:

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

SF won week 1 against DH:

http://mos.millenium.org/na/wvw_seasons/index/115

As far as I am aware (DH and SF feel free to correct me) there have been no significant influx of players/guilds to DH between week 1 and week 7. If Sorrows Furnace (as a server) wanted second place all that they would have to do is repeat their victory in week 1. So either DH is just plain outplaing SF or SF players (as a whole) don’t want #2 as much as DH players (as a whole). In either case DH was either able to motivate their playerbase better than SF or DH is able to outplay SF.

Devon, don’t bother… He really doesn’t know what he is talking about. As a shoutout to my VLK buddies: “Hodor!”

Notice also in Week 1 that ET actually showed up and we owe that week 1 win to them.

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

SF had more people in week 1 farming the nonsensical achievements. Instead of treating the 7-week season like a marathon, they treated like the other 2-week LS garbage.

So around week 3 we started to see some dropoff, and by the time HoD rolled around the first time a lot of us noticed a much more “soft” showing for reset.

But hey it isn’t the end of the world, I was part of SF when there was nothing to play for (IE: no leagues) when we spawn camped HoD for 7 days straight and made them (by their own admission at the time) quit WvW in protest, awaiting the next week’s match.

I would like to say that HoD has came a long way, but really you just motivated your players to play again and I guess that in itself is a “win”.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

SF had more people in week 1 farming the nonsensical achievements. Instead of treating the 7-week season like a marathon, they treated like the other 2-week LS garbage.

So around week 3 we started to see some dropoff, and by the time HoD rolled around the first time a lot of us noticed a much more “soft” showing for reset.

But hey it isn’t the end of the world, I was part of SF when there was nothing to play for (IE: no leagues) when we spawn camped HoD for 7 days straight and made them (by their own admission at the time) quit WvW in protest, awaiting the next week’s match.

I would like to say that HoD has came a long way, but really you just motivated your players to play again and I guess that in itself is a “win”.

The other servers also had achievers farming, so it’s a non-issue really. Last week we had our 4 queues on reset, but of course, we were facing terrible servers.

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

Yep…. DH never had PvE players coming to WvW to farm achievements. Not once. Especially not near the beginning like every other server. SF is the only server that had fairweathers show up week 1. How foolish of me to forget.

/sarcasm

Notice also in Week 1 that ET actually showed up and we owe that week 1 win to them.

ET has surpassed SF’s PPT or held near it during multiple prime times. I don’t think its the case that ET is just not showing up. ET… are you guys showing up?

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

I don’t care about fighting 15 v 50 to 70 all the time, what kitten es me off is the following….

I don’t even bother throwing siege anymore for ET. 4 times this week so far I’ve thrown 15 superior ac’s, ballistas, etc up in highly defensible towers only to have the commanders….take a camp instead of defending or defend a tower that has no supply and no siege (and subsequently lose everything).

……..<smacks head on desk>………
……..<smacks head on desk>………

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

Yep…. DH never had PvE players coming to WvW to farm achievements. Not once. Especially not near the beginning like every other server. SF is the only server that had fairweathers show up week 1. How foolish of me to forget.

/sarcasm

ET has surpassed SF’s PPT or held near it during multiple prime times. I don’t think its the case that ET is just not showing up.

Go back 1 week and see if they can do that… The fact DH has their BL basically locked down now is making you say dumb stuff. You really need to learn how coverage affects PPT. It’s not like this takes a lot of time to figure out. The fact is ET is empty and their main guild is xfering off very soon because of that, thus, it will be even emptier soon.

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

It kind of makes me warm and fuzzy inside to see our HoD friends here Of course, “friends” will turn to “frenemies” next time we play but I appreciate the posts. Except the posts from Bllades. His momma is so cheap, that 25 gold he’s going to win will pay for her /dance performances until League Season 8.

As to the CoSA people complaining about our small havoc groups running away from them, have you ever ran in a group of 5-10 and gotten repeatedly mowed over by 40? That’s not a fight, that’s a lootfest. So pardon us for trying to ninja, take camps, steal towers and keeps when we can, and avoiding your never-ending stream of players (see pics below). I mean, all we can do is stand there and watch you come, or waypoint out :P But the smaller fights this matchup have been a lot of fun, thanks especially to ET for some good times last night.

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

Go back 1 week and see if they can do that… The fact DH has their BL basically locked down now is making you say dumb stuff. You really need to learn how coverage affects PPT. It’s not like this takes a lot of time to figure out. The fact is ET is empty and their main guild is xfering off very soon because of that, thus, it will be even emptier soon.

Want to know how to take a 100% upgraded BL from a server? Take notes from FC. Their rush last night took our fully upgraded towers, bay, hills, and garrison. It took an epic 52 golems, but they did it… because they are determined to do so. Here is the link:

I have discussed this with you as much as I care to. I hope that both DH and SF have some amazing fights between now and Friday. DH if you want that #2 spot keep doing what youre doing. SF if you want to take back silver the week is far from over. Slightly more than 1/2 of the total points (not counting those earned with ruins/finishers) will be earned between now and reset on Friday. Good luck and have fun.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

For us there has been no significant influx from outside. The difference is in coordination/overall strategy, that is, we now have some of both, we did not in our previous matchup. That, and we were quite motivated. We were shouting LA days before “bring your A game this reset, this is for 2nd”. We were all ready, the server held meetings to discuss strategies, and I think the results are showing.

That said, we have one area we need improvement on, combat capabilities. We’re much better since we last faced HoD, but we’re not even near that level yet. STAR zergs still run over our zergs pretty easily.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adaxia.5406

Adaxia.5406

There is no use whining about coverage, we did that for quite some time on DH. After awhile you have to step up, recruit more PvE players, and fix the problem. Between now and the start of the season, we recruited many new PvE players to WvW, we trained new commanders, and we stepped our game up. SF is getting beat even during primetime when numbers are even, so you can say that coverage is why you are losing all you want but it isn’t true. You are losing because we stepped up and improved, and you didn’t.

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

For us there has been no significant influx from outside. The difference is in coordination/overall strategy, that is, we now have some of both, we did not in our previous matchup. That, and we were quite motivated. We were shouting LA days before “bring your A game this reset, this is for 2nd”. We were all ready, the server held meetings to discuss strategies, and I think the results are showing.

That said, we have one area we need improvement on, combat capabilities. We’re much better since we last faced HoD, but we’re not even near that level yet. STAR zergs still run over our zergs pretty easily.

I had a feeling that that was the case. Good for you and good for DH for motivating your masses and creating a positive working relationship between the leadership of guilds in DH. The score shows your progress. Don’t let SF convince you otherwise.

The truth is I have friends on both SF and DH. Regardless of who wins this matchup some of my friends will be excited and some will be disappointed. I prefer to root for the underdog and because 90% of the predictions that I saw pointed to SF winning DH ended up with my vote. However, the week is still young, and that Silver Dolyak Finisher is still up for grabs for either SF or DH.

There is no use whining about coverage, we did that for quite some time on DH. After awhile you have to step up, recruit more PvE players, and fix the problem. Between now and the start of the season, we recruited many new PvE players to WvW, we trained new commanders, and we stepped our game up. SF is getting beat even during primetime when numbers are even, so you can say that coverage is why you are losing all you want but it isn’t true. You are losing because we stepped up and improved, and you didn’t.

Shots Fired!

Attachments:

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

ET has surpassed SF’s PPT or held near it during multiple prime times. I don’t think its the case that ET is just not showing up. ET… are you guys showing up?

I’ve had more participation from my guild this week due to the holiday. I would think other people would be the same.

I don’t see why SF is complaining that ET “hasn’t shown up.” Our PPT isn’t ridiculously low during primetime. It is low during our coverage gaps (basically everything except primetime).

It sounds like SF is just looking for external factors to blame. I am amused by the idea of Eredon Terrace controlling 2nd place though. Look guys! We’re uber powerful! We’re going to determine the rankings in leagues!

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odies.8017

Odies.8017

Finally someone gets it!

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: DisplayName.7802

DisplayName.7802

bah!
I cant wait until leagues are over -_-

Basic Banjo

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

Finally someone gets it!

That gif fits the emotion so perfectly…

Attachments:

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

I play on SF and many who came from pve only came for achievements and when they were done they never came back. Also SF biggest enemy is itself after the first week against HOD the number of WvW players dropped. SF gets more players when its easy match-ups but when it gets hard people leave its the same in pve.

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

I play on SF and many who came from pve only came for achievements and when they were done they never came back. Also SF biggest enemy is itself after the first week against HOD the number of WvW players dropped. SF gets more players when its easy match-ups but when it gets hard people leave its the same in pve.

Which is in sharp contrast to….

Honestly, I am preaching to the choir here because the people who care enough to check the forums are the ones who are probably out there night after night battling it out in WvW. However I think that recruiting PvE’ers into WvW and then maintaining that relationship with the PvE playerbase through the ups and downs is the difference between DH and SF Week 1 vs Week 7.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Madora.9340

Sounds like the same old argument, different day. Surprised that people haven’t considered the fact we had two hard weeks against HoD and then have to fight DH on Black Friday. Kind of hard to get out of a corner when that’s where you end up starting, but hey, what do I know? Not a whole heck of a lot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Yo DH just be happy your winning second. I feel like leagues had a negative impact on WvW on the forums and in game. Whether or not we actually showed up to play this week or not you are beating us. Have fun and kitten

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Because Black Friday only affected one server… I never understand why people make excuses having to do with the outside world for their own server. No, another game’s beta doesn’t just affect just your server. No, a holiday doesn’t affect one server unless you’re talking about specific EU servers and specific cultural/national holidays. But both SF and DH have NA populations, with SF having a large Spanish-speaking population and DH having a large Portuguese-speaking population. Neither of us has a night presence. We have always been, and probably will be for quite some time, VERY close servers as far as our population makeup goes. So we can all just throw these “holiday” stuff out the window now, kay?

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

I play for fun so I hope everyone who is sticking around has fun also. The only I get annoyed is when I’m with a small group with my elementalist and the others are warriors and/or guardians and we meet another group and I lay down fields and start attacking only to see the others running in the opposite direction.

in Match-ups

Posted by: popaz.1524

popaz.1524

DH knew very well that this would be a though week being the underdogs.

I had a lot of respect for SF coming into this match up but not so much anymore after seeing all the tears in this forum.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Yo DH just be happy your winning second. I feel like leagues had a negative impact on WvW on the forums and in game. Whether or not we actually showed up to play this week or not you are beating us. Have fun and kitten

Anything having any impact on forums is LoL. Forums have absolutely NOTHING to do with the in game play.

Whether or not it has had any effect at all on wvw is yet to be seen as you can only see how it effects WvW after the end of the season, when the season ends…

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

Madora.9340

-Snip-

DH knew very well that this would be a though week being the underdogs.

I had a lot of respect for SF coming into this match up but not so much anymore after seeing all the tears in this forum.

Being the person I am, I’m at least trying to find some sort of explanation of why we aren’t doing so well right now, so call it what you want; excuses, tears, whatever. Like I said in an earlier post, I’m not playing right now. Yet no matter what the reason, it doesn’t stop you guys from picking on us or saying that we’re making things up…so what’s the point of you guys trying to call us out? There isn’t one.

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

I disagree about leagues. I’m reminded of you loling at me when you said weeks ago that you’re “pretty sure we [sf] can still beat Dh easily” (paraphrasing but is really close).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]