Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Wow you’re still complaining about getting trampled at a supply camp on reset night…

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

Great job bringing it this week Yaks and Ebay! I haven’t had so much fun in a long time – been so bored either stomping other servers or getting stomped by like SoR. A relatively even matchup is great – this is what WvW was meant to be.

And as far as 2v1, if Yaks and Ebay have the strategic players to pull off an planned 2v1 or if it arose organically or if its just done on the fly because its the smart thing to do in any given situation against what was thought to be the stronger server in a match – brilliant! That is excatly how it should be. I’ve been saying forever that there should always be 2v1 against the stronger server – it makes it more fun. Much better than one server giving up and it turning into a roflstomping.

And for my fellow SBIers – don’t get discouraged, this is a great matchup! Stay out there and fight!

Someone gets it. Stomping the whole match up gets boring without any resistance so SBI should be happy they’re getting any!

As for the “collaboration”, I highly doubt it. Both servers obviously don’t want SBI to be first but that doesn’t mean they’re working together. I guess SBI is not use to getting a beat down. :x

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

SBI strats for winning a fight = bring overwhelming numbers.

LoL and why shouldn’t we? Not like you guys or any other server for that matter don’t do it. Get over it

Yes, all servers have bad players who zerg on them. But, no other server I’ve played against will consistently come to defend a supply camp with 40+ people.

And, as to the reason why people shouldn’t do this? It’s called having fun. If that is your idea of fun then what does that say about you? Also, the “but, Timmy does it too” excuse works for children, but not for adults.

Ok, so let me ask you this: What is the biggest deterrent for roamers and small group? Zerg the f out of them. Why would we do this and not let you have fun kitten our supply? Give me a break. We don’t want you taking our camps, and if it is an upgraded camp we definitely don’t want you to have it or the supps in it. Giving you a fight invites you back. Rolling over you makes you post like this and is more than likely not going to make you want to go back to that camp or any other if that is the response you get.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

This must be a new YB. The old YB wouldn’t leave AC range without a signicant numbers advantage.
Now they can 2v1 stronger foes and have really done a good job from a scoring POV this weekend (and it’s not even over). I’m looking forward to seeing you guys postseason.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

And why shouldn’t I complain?

Do you realize how much better this game would be if people split up their queue zergs and had smaller scale fights spread out around the zone?

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

Great job bringing it this week Yaks and Ebay! I haven’t had so much fun in a long time – been so bored either stomping other servers or getting stomped by like SoR. A relatively even matchup is great – this is what WvW was meant to be.

And as far as 2v1, if Yaks and Ebay have the strategic players to pull off an planned 2v1 or if it arose organically or if its just done on the fly because its the smart thing to do in any given situation against what was thought to be the stronger server in a match – brilliant! That is excatly how it should be. I’ve been saying forever that there should always be 2v1 against the stronger server – it makes it more fun. Much better than one server giving up and it turning into a roflstomping.

And for my fellow SBIers – don’t get discouraged, this is a great matchup! Stay out there and fight!

Someone gets it. Stomping the whole match up gets boring without any resistance so SBI should be happy they’re getting any!

As for the “collaboration”, I highly doubt it. Both servers obviously don’t want SBI to be first but that doesn’t mean they’re working together. I guess SBI is not use to getting a beat down. :x

Nah, man the ones who have been here before all the transfers know what it is about, it is the peeps who came at start of league and a little after that don’t get it. I’m loving it and so are my guildies. The fights have been pretty darn good, but the collaboration is there. In EB last night(and those of you that were there know what I"m talking about) have a veiled YB zerg come down the hill while Ebay pushes in from the back and they move away after we wipe. Not to say that some of their guys didn’t die in the mix up, but for them not to mash it up after is not a coincidence.

<3 you guys. keep bringing it.

in Match-ups

Maladon.5760

Because you sound like a three year old who lost his teddy bear

Do you realize how much better this game would be if people split up their queue zergs and had smaller scale fights spread out around the zone?

DB and Ebay have been taking supply camps with 30+ all weekend long, that’s the match we’re in. I’ve gotten steamrolled a few times too but I realize WvW is about numbers so I know how stupid it sounds to complain about them.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

I think everyone realizes this…just…very few people will consistently try to implement it. And they can’t do it if the other server doesn’t reciprocate, coz it basically just devolves into blob farming instead. Nothing against blob farming…but, y’know. Apart from the bags, it’s not very enjoyable.

And the sad part is, the people that try to tend to get called out for doing it by their own server now and then. =S

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

What is the biggest deterrent for roamers and small group? Zerg the f out of them.

So, you agree with what I said then. Your solution is to bring overwhelming numbers. People like you have zero consideration for the overall health of a game.

You want to know who is left fighting on the losing servers towards the end of the week in a blowout match? The roamers and small groups, that is who. We have incredibly thick skin and put up with a ton of crap. But, make no mistake about it we will be gone when there is a decent open world game that doesn’t cater to zerg mentality via game mechanics.

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

What is the biggest deterrent for roamers and small group? Zerg the f out of them.

So, you agree with what I said then. Your solution is to bring overwhelming numbers. People like you have zero consideration for the overall health of a game.

You want to know who is left fighting on the losing servers towards the end of the week in a blowout match? The roamers and small groups, that is who. We have incredibly thick skin and put up with a ton of crap. But, make no mistake about it we will be gone when there is a decent open world game that doesn’t cater to zerg mentality via game mechanics.

If it gets you out of my corner or off my map and not popping my camps every 10 mins, you bet I will. Numbers is the name of the game in world and to complain about it is asinine. World is built around large group play, hence the reason every server runs a zerg. If small group fun is what you’re wanting I would suggest you checking out sPVP as it seems like that is what you’re looking for.

(edited by Adahilia.3678)

in Match-ups

Maladon.5760

We have incredibly thick skin…

Umm…no you don’t

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

kitten I wish FA could switch out YB for next weeks fight.

SBI why you let us down?

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

SBI strats for winning a fight = bring overwhelming numbers.

I do see that as keeping a camp, and chasing you away from the tower we had in your BL. It was also keeping some supplies from going into your Bay that we were trebbing. Now, maybe if the whole zerg chased you through the ruins to SE tower, I could see your point, but that didn’t happen, why exactly are you complaining? I love that as soon as you have fewer numbers behind you, you turn and fight though.

Also, so sorry Myro wasn’t there last night to see your [Myro] and [Abys] guilds.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

This weekend has had the shortest queues I have ever seen in WvW, and last night only our BL and EB had a queue, which was 1-5 minutes.

I have no idea what’s going on, although some of our guild is out of town for Thanksgiving, so that could be part of the reason.

Personally, I am liking the resistance we have found, we have had it really easy for weeks, and we needed a challenge before we go against kittenain. I haven’t seen this many bags in a while either, and got myself some new armor last night, as well as an axe.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I love the map. SBI BL – one side blue, other red.
EBay BL – all blue.

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Fort Aspenwood’s shortened version of their name is a bad word??? Wow.

Kittentain = Fort Aspenwood :|

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: wwfam.2495

wwfam.2495

obviously fellow SBIers agree on how great this match up is,

look at the record high participation we’re getting!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Getting a bit tired of all this talk on double-teaming. I don’t think there’s an actual server alliance in place. Maybe 1-2 guilds communicating with each other at certain times but it is a great strategy to beat one server that has the better number. Finally our SBI brethrens have something to whine about (which of course I’ve already whined about since I whine as a habit).

This is a great match-up. Now we have less people whining about how there’s nothing to take. We just have more people whining about poor commanders and wtf-ing on our own BL 24/7, lol.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

We have incredibly thick skin…

Umm…no you don’t

People who don’t have thick skins either stop coming out or go hide in their zerg seeking safety in numbers. We don’t care about dying. We care about finding good (otherwise known as fun) fights.

We do care about zerg mentality ruining a game that we otherwise enjoy. The few good fights we do find in between having to deal with 40+ man zergs called in to fight less than 10 people make it worth our time. For now.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SnakeMx.3784

SnakeMx.3784

Come on YB, we are cheering for you guys!! But let something for us to kill next week please

[RET] Warrior

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

got myself some new armor last night, as well as an axe.

Lol what are the chances of me watching Lotr ring today….. I snorted. " and my axe !!!"

" I love when 2-3 of them run into 5 of us " Prolly should of left voice comms off on that. Makes it a moot point when trying to argue for " fair fights". But then again wvw is cutthroat to begin with, it is what it is.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

Lol what are the chances of me watching Lotr ring today….. I snorted. " and my axe !!!"

" I love when 2-3 of them run into 5 of us " Prolly should of left voice comms off on that. Makes it a moot point when trying to argue for " fair fights". But then again wvw is cutthroat to begin with, it is what it is.

What happens is that people who are brave because they have a zerg at their back continue to pursue and tunnel vision so badly that they don’t realize that their zerg is no longer with them and then they die.

This happens a lot to them because they are generally not aware of their surroundings. Do you honestly think I’m going to respect or give anyone a fair fight right after they just chased us across the map with 40 people?

And, I’m not arguing for fair fights. I don’t mind challenging fights as long as they are manageable. Being outnumbered is fine. Being ridiculously outnumbered is not. We were fighting 20 with 10 at that camp several times. Each time, they called for help and 30 more came.

I’ll never understand people who play a competitive game that try to remove the competition aspect from the game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: frvwfrtwo.6109

frvwfrtwo.6109

That SBI BL Omega rush ;)
Great job keeping the Omegas in combat Yak’s Bend! Epic.

BG/YB/FA/JQ – Thief Character
My Name Is Thief Charac[ter]

in Match-ups

Posted by: michael.6294

michael.6294

i would like to give a tip of my hat to the SBI guys who were patient and well mannered enough to wait for me to knock down wall of yaks NE tower last night before capping it themselves (without killing me in the process). That gentlemen was server cooperation at its finest.

“Never bring a knife to a gun fight.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tootsie.5217

Tootsie.5217

Good fights today!
Stuff like this reminds me why i love this game and my guild so much!

in Match-ups

Posted by: WamSolf.5021

WamSolf.5021

i would like to give a tip of my hat to the SBI guys who were patient and well mannered enough to wait for me to knock down wall of yaks NE tower last night before capping it themselves (without killing me in the process). That gentlemen was server cooperation at its finest.

That was [RISE] yesterday. We saw you had the wall almost down so we saved ourselves the supply. We were dying in teamspeak when that happened.

Nine 80’s and counting
[pls]NSP-Formerly [RISE]from GoM/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: JobCreator.1956

JobCreator.1956

“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” -Napoleon

The kitten mightier than the sword.

in Match-ups

Posted by: michael.6294

michael.6294

That was [RISE] yesterday. We saw you had the wall almost down so we saved ourselves the supply. We were dying in teamspeak when that happened.

well you guys are alright in my books.. you could have easily run over me with my little catapult and taken the tower to boot but you didn’t. ill gladly knock down walls for you fellows in the future. it was good times.

“Never bring a knife to a gun fight.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

This is a great match-up. Now we have less people whining about how there’s nothing to take. We just have more people whining about poor commanders and wtf-ing on our own BL 24/7, lol.

You mean like yesterday when they were repeatedly hitting a fully upgraded Hills and refused to hit a paper Bay?

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tootsie.5217

Tootsie.5217

well you guys are alright in my books.. you could have easily run over me with my little catapult and taken the tower to boot but you didn’t. ill gladly knock down walls for you fellows in the future. it was good times.

Awww <3 can we adopt him?! <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

This weekend has had the shortest queues I have ever seen in WvW, and last night only our BL and EB had a queue, which was 1-5 minutes.

I have no idea what’s going on, although some of our guild is out of town for Thanksgiving, so that could be part of the reason.

Personally, I am liking the resistance we have found, we have had it really easy for weeks, and we needed a challenge before we go against kittenain. I haven’t seen this many bags in a while either, and got myself some new armor last night, as well as an axe.

Thanksgiving + ESO weekend

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

What happens is that people who are brave because they have a zerg at their back continue to pursue and tunnel vision so badly that they don’t realize that their zerg is no longer with them and then they die.

This happens a lot to them because they are generally not aware of their surroundings. Do you honestly think I’m going to respect or give anyone a fair fight right after they just chased us across the map with 40 people?

And, I’m not arguing for fair fights. I don’t mind challenging fights as long as they are manageable. Being outnumbered is fine. Being ridiculously outnumbered is not. We were fighting 20 with 10 at that camp several times. Each time, they called for help and 30 more came.

I’ll never understand people who play a competitive game that try to remove the competition aspect from the game.

You, sir, have a tiny map.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faydes.5803

Faydes.5803

The amount of whining in this thread makes my eyes bleed.

Fort Aspenwood
Vicious Rayne, Rev RDM, Rdmnecro

in Match-ups

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

“I would normally post on Ehmry but I keep getting the cold-shoulder there.

This thread is hilarious. For a couple of weeks we’ve been subjected to listening to Ehmry complain about how FA is a blob server who only wins with numbers. Yet the first opportunity you get to double-team someone you jump at it and then pass off the score as skill?

SBI, you’re used to this. Don’t give up, it’s only the weekend. This is what life is like after the achievement hunting is done in a week."

You picked one of the worst server forums to try to communicate on. Unless you’re one a select few posters, they treat everyone like crap (including server mates). There is a big reason our server has seen a mass exodus of players to other servers. Unfortunately, they’re too busy being Elitist Forum Warriors to care.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fritanga.1623

fritanga.1623

You picked one of the worst server forums to try to communicate on. Unless you’re one a select few posters, they treat everyone like crap (including server mates). There is a big reason our server has seen a mass exodus of players to other servers. Unfortunately, they’re too busy being Elitist Forum Warriors to care.

Its true. You best stay in the safety of the official forums where there are no forum warriors at all and where everyone is really positive and friendly about life and everything.

in Match-ups

videoboy.4162

Oh hey, here’s one of them now. Thanks for proving my point, Fritanga.

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Oh hey, here’s one of them now. Thanks for proving my point, Fritanga.

No, Fritanga was right with the sarcasm. It’s just as bad here.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Match-ups

videoboy.4162

Right or wrong, he just demonstrated my point for me.

Forum Warrioring is one thing, when it’s directed at other servers. It’s something else entirely when directed at your own people. Having a different opinion is almost entirely forbidden on the WvW section of the EBay Forum.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TehFoe.6527

TehFoe.6527

Oh, so SBI is banking on 4-man gank squads this week? You do realize that your roamers are trash?

Someone died.

He expects to fight even numbers? Must be new to roaming…

Lol 2 points.
1. He took on those 4.
2. He posted it cuz hes happy about it. Now us roamers can actually get some fights!!

[AciD]
Yaks Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

My brain is thoroughly entertained by reading this thread. In GIF form it would look a little something like this…

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

Nah, rip will never feed him, she hates asuras.

Also michael, if you could knock down the walls on hills in SBI bl, that’d be much appreciated

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Right or wrong, he just demonstrated my point for me.

Forum Warrioring is one thing, when it’s directed at other servers. It’s something else entirely when directed at your own people. Having a different opinion is almost entirely forbidden on the WvW section of the EBay Forum.

Different opinions do not adhere to the great EBay hivemind and must be exorcized with kittens.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

videoboy.4162

=P I’m pretty sure everyone love you, Mr. Menorah.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Nah, rip will never feed him, she hates asuras.

Also michael, if you could knock down the walls on hills in SBI bl, that’d be much appreciated

And incur the wrath of 20 rampaging Yaks…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I’ve been WvW since release, and I’ve never seen two servers cooperate as much as Ebay and Yaks are during this match up.

Kudos for the strategy, but it’s a bit despicable when it’s so obvious.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

Alliance between YB and EB? Not that i know of but i will say that a server like SBI that has played the superiority (better than you) card for this long shouldn’t be surprised when they get prioritized and focused by bolth servers that they are matched up against eventually. And once the genie is out of the bottle it does not go back in.

in Match-ups

RyuDragnier.9476

Alliance between YB and EB? Not that i know of but i will say that a server like SBI that has played the superiority (better than you) card for this long shouldn’t be surprised when they get prioritized and focused by bolth servers that they are matched up against eventually. And once the genie is out of the bottle it does not go back in.

Bingo! The power of hatred shows what it’s capable of. When two servers dislike a 3rd this much, I think a bit of leeway is given between the two. The YB attacking SBI we leave alone, the ones attacking us we wipe.

[hS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crrrystal.6845

Crrrystal.6845

Dear YB/Ebay,

If you want ebay hills that badly, maybe you should try a little harder.

xoxo

in Match-ups

RyuDragnier.9476

Dear YB/Ebay,

xoxo

We’re down on people. We have no queue right now…plus you leave your entire force in there. Maybe you guys should come out and try capping something else?

[hS]

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Dear YB/Ebay,

xoxo

We’re down on people. We have no queue right now…plus you leave your entire force in there. Maybe you guys should come out and try capping something else?

We also have no queue, this is far from our entire force. Once we wipe the Ebay zerg from the north gate, we have YB on the south gate, so we run back and wipe them.

Sorry to whoever spent all that gold on omegas.

[Abys]