Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

Hey, why don’t we all just split Stonemist 3 ways, divide the points and just make out? That way we are all winners.

No thanks, I’d rather lose the ppt than touch those lips

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

You’re basically making excuses why we are wiping the floor in silver league.

We didn’t ask to be here. We are only here because MAG did very well in their matchup with us(due to us losing guilds, who have since came back…as many guilds do with FA), and SoS got a favorable ratings gathering matchup the same week.

FA accuses me of making excuses then proceeds to make a lot of excuses. Not sure if that’s ironic, delusional or just plain stupid.

can I get a vote for all of the above?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Out of curiosity, why are other servers rooting for us? O_o

For me personally, I find it funny that all those guilds that bandwagoned to SBI to win silver aren’t going to win. I hate bandwagoning and find it rather pathetic. So naturally I have zero respect for anything SBI. And also if YB snatched 2nd from SBI that would be 10x more awesome.

If you win this week and next week, 2nd spot is all yours

Provided that you guys don’t lose next match :p

It doesn’t matter if FA gets second in week 7 if YB beats SBI this week.

YB would most likely win their week 7 match which would give them 31 points. And SBI would also end up with 31 if they win week 7.

FA would still have 33 points which would leave them in first spot.

So you see. EVERYTHING RIDES ON THIS WEEKS MATCH!

:P

OR, FA pulls a clean sweep of Silver league and the points are as follows:

FA – 35
YB – 31
SBI- 29

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

For me personally, I find it funny that all those guilds that bandwagoned to SBI to win silver aren’t going to win. I hate bandwagoning and find it rather pathetic. So naturally I have zero respect for anything SBI. And also if YB snatched 2nd from SBI that would be 10x more awesome.

YB would most likely win their week 7 match which would give them 31 points. And SBI would also end up with 31 if they win week 7.

Assuming FA doesn’t get third.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Then everyone is happy! Or not. We’ll see.

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Exactly. Assuming FA doesn’t get third, but even then, it would leave FA and YB tied for first and SBI getting 3rd.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

So it all boils down to YB wanting second or third overall.

We’ll see who’s the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Dude, come on…it’s common knowledge at this point. You guys wanted an easy league win instead of having to fight tougher opponents. A lot of 13 year old girls would have made the exact same choice you guys did, don’t feel bad about it.

Just look at this thread, YB and Ebay have basically done the same thing. Made compromises to avoid a tough, perhaps unwinnable, fight. They aren’t ashamed of their decision and you shouldn’t be ashamed of yours. Some people just aren’t cut out for tough fights, don’t beat yourself up about it

We didn’t ask to be here. We are only here because MAG did very well in their matchup with us(due to us losing guilds, who have since came back…as many guilds do with FA), and SoS got a favorable ratings gathering matchup the same week.

To say we some how MAGICALLY forced SoS into a rng matchup is sort of crazy.

Like I said, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Although I know its a hard thing to swallow(although I have no doubt guys are good at it)…you guys are looking at third place now. You went from a pretty interesting last week matchup with us…to where you guys are now.

Both you and DB can double team, and its not going to happen. Its just not.

Of course we could come in second next week, and as long as YB wins this week and next, we’ll still get the nod.

Rooting for SBI and DB next week just cause of this self entitled post.

Me too actually.

So many bads in silver league.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

You stay classy SBI…

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Nope, a formal alliance isn’t happening since that implies some level of coordination and/or communication.

Double teaming is happening, however, since it serves both YBs and Ebays interests to have SBI finish 3rd (edit: 3rd in this match). Also, SBI seems to be universally disliked. There’s just something about smug bandwagon servers that rubs people the wrong way (see also KN and DB).

Rather than crying about getting focused, how about accepting that it’s a part of WvW by design (and yes, YB has been double teamed many times). Of course it’s hard, seeing as you’ve had it easy for quite a few weeks now.

Anyway, thanks SBI and Ebay for such a memorable week of WvW!

(edited by Boreal.9826)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

You stay classy SBI…

Were they keeping you from getting to an iron node or something? Love how you called target on a tree. :-D

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Match-ups

Posted by: Myrias.8732

Myrias.8732

I’m confused: is SBI actually getting frustrated with the fact that #3 server is trying its hardest to beat #2 server for #2 spot? Hell, that #4 server would try to hit #2 server over #3 server? People don’t play to get #5 – they all vie for #1 and land where they land.

Its like SBI thought YB and EB would play rock-paper-scissors for 2nd and 3rd while SBI sweeped every map… Sorry that YB realized how important this week would be and that they would fight tooth and nail to pull a win here.

I mean seriously: it’s just comical.

Myrias Faust – Mesmer
Victory or Death [VoD] – Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

So it all boils down to YB wanting second or third overall.

We’ll see who’s the best

It doesn’t come down to who is the best, never does in world. What it comes down to is coverage and how much kitten kissing you’re willing to do to place.

YB gets lucky they have their pals with them next week and can ally against BP thus securing them a win. Ebay has nothing to lose this week or next as they wouldn’t have placed in the top 3 anyway.

So basically you’re throwing in the towel and admitting YB is better. Got it

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

We’ll see who’s the best[/quote]

It doesn’t come down to who is the best, never does in world. What it comes down to is coverage and how much kitten kissing you’re willing to do to place.

YB gets lucky they have their pals with them next week and can ally against BP thus securing them a win. Ebay has nothing to lose this week or next as they wouldn’t have placed in the top 3 anyway.

[/quote]

So basically you’re throwing in the towel and admitting YB is better. Got it[/quote0]

Better? right, is why we stomped them in the earlier match for league and the matches before leagues

(edited by Adahilia.3678)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

Nope, a formal alliance isn’t happening since that implies some level of coordination and/or communication.

Double teaming is happening, however, since it serves both YBs and Ebays interests to have SBI finish 3rd (edit: 3rd in this match). Also, SBI seems to be universally disliked. There’s just something about smug bandwagon servers that rubs people the wrong way (see also KN and DB).

Rather than crying about getting focused, how about accepting that it’s a part of WvW by design (and yes, YB has been double teamed many times). Of course it’s hard, seeing as you’ve had it easy for quite a few weeks now.

Pretty much every silver league server has a grudge against SBI. They bandwagoned their way up, and in every thread we see something along the line of “You guys are so boring, we belong in gold leauge.” Which i imagine ticked many people off.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Pretty much every silver league server has a grudge against SBI. They bandwagoned their way up, and in every thread we see something along the line of “You guys are so boring, we belong in gold leauge.” Which i imagine ticked many people off.

Psh. My grudge runs back to the guilds from DR who transferred to SBI. The folks that were on SBI were pretty cool. Just didn’t like those DR folks. Old IoJ grudge.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

FA accuses me of making excuses then proceeds to make a lot of excuses. Not sure if that’s ironic, delusional or just plain stupid.

It’s not excuses but fact, Nox is correct whether you want to believe or not. FA fought hard to be in Gold, but in the last match before leagues, Mags really brought their A game and we were denied. Mags earned it fair and square and my hats off to them, and SoS got in by a favorable match-up so kudos to them. And to be fair, these results affected SBI from getting into Gold as well, which is the reason they’re in silver along with us.

I hope this leagues thing never happens again. In my opinion it really hurt WvW. I was happier than a pig in kitten to face DB & TC week after week. Although we lost most of those matches, it was challenging and fun and I prefer to be the underdog.

To anyone who shoots off their mouth and talks garbage and spreads incorrect info. My advice to you is to stop, it just makes you look stupid and it reflects badly on your server.

P.S. Way to go YB, you kinda remind me of Mags in our last match, really bringing the pain and saving your best for last, Gj!

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

It’s not excuses but fact, Nox is correct whether you want to believe or not. FA fought hard to be in Gold, but in the last match before leagues, Mags really brought their A game and we were denied. Mags earned it fair and square and my hats off to them, and SoS got in by a favorable match-up so kudos to them. And to be fair, these results affected SBI from getting into Gold as well, which is the reason they’re in silver along with us.

I hope this leagues thing never happens again. In my opinion it really hurt WvW. I was happier than a pig in kitten to face DB & TC week after week. Although we lost most of those matches, it was challenging and fun and I prefer to be the underdog.

To anyone who shoots off their mouth and talks garbage and spreads incorrect info. My advice to you is to stop, it just makes you look stupid and it reflects badly on your server.

P.S. Way to go YB, you kinda remind me of Mags in our last match, really bringing the pain and saving your best for last, Gj!

FA #1 Tank server NA.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyler.2170

Tyler.2170

FA throws their pre-season matches to stay out of the gold league at all costs then starts talking kitten in the silver league threads lol

^^^^^^

[TE]
Twisted Effect
Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darth.4329

Darth.4329

It’s been a great match up thus far.
Despite the double teaming, trolls, cheats, ESO, and the freaking holidays being right in the middle of this match up.

The cold hard reality is this.. Yaks and Ebay are not seeing SBI’s full force by any means.
Last night I had a 15 player ebg zerg behind me..
EVEN I… was discourage. This doesn’t happen often.

The usual force behind me between 12am and 8am is 55+ and 2 small havocs running side car..

It was hard to get some of the militia to charge into those front lines facing a 40 man Yaks blob that hung out in SM sentry between WC And KG.

Although it was still exciting to see our 15 man blob take out your 40 players several times over. We ALMOST took SM back from yaks 3-4 times having that same 15 lose by only a small margin while small wave after wave of yaks poured in from the north until sbi was dead.

Enjoy this while it lasts yaks…. We will meet again.

hopefully next time isn’t in the middle of a stupid holiday week and a popular MMO beta release…

Onmicidal [Hero] Cmd- SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

Anyone else busting out the popcorn and bacon? I’m like the FA and SBI turmoil here. It’s like a nice prequel to next weeks match up.

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

This thread is a heck of a lot better than ours.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

nikkistar.1409

Despite the double teaming, trolls, cheats, ESO, and the freaking holidays being right in the middle of this match up.

Guys (YB and EB), they found us out! They realized none of us got ESO beta invites, are all EU and Canadians, and that we all live under a bridge! Crap!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I’m so looking forward to the flood of bad FA players next week. This weeks crop has gotten stale.

SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Some FA history:
2 weeks before leagues
lose our only NA prime time EBG guild (RQ) to JQ, SIC leaves for BP, DPS at the time our best EU guild also leaves for BP, RAM breaks up
SOS’s RNG prayers are answered with best possible rating match ups for those 2 weeks
MAG beat us (no excuses)

fast forward to 2 days before league starts:
PvP transfers, CORE transfers, FtF transfers

during leagues
GLOB transfers, DPS comes back, SIC comes back, what’s left of RQ reforms into BOMB, RAM reformed, GODS returns, etc. etc.

There was debate about what would be better for the server but it was decided to go for gold. It didn’t happen and we’re all itching for real competition again. You guys should be happy we helped derail the SBI hype train, looks like YB will be getting the stomp though Best thread NA right now guys let’s keep it going.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

The cold hard reality is this.. Yaks and Ebay are not seeing SBI’s full force by any means.
Last night I had a 15 player ebg zerg behind me..
EVEN I… was discourage. This doesn’t happen often.

The usual force behind me between 12am and 8am is 55+ and 2 small havocs running side car..

It was hard to get some of the militia to charge into those front lines facing a 40 man Yaks blob that hung out in SM sentry between WC And KG.

Although it was still exciting to see our 15 man blob take out your 40 players several times over. We ALMOST took SM back from yaks 3-4 times having that same 15 lose by only a small margin while small wave after wave of yaks poured in from the north until sbi was dead.

Enjoy this while it lasts yaks…. We will meet again.

hopefully next time isn’t in the middle of a stupid holiday week and a popular MMO beta release…

Onmicidal [Hero] Cmd- SBI

It is plain to see that SBI is not fielding the numbers that they did the last time EBay clashed with them. In all honesty though, don’t you think you have to at least partially chalk that up to the fact that you didn’t exit the weekend with an insurmountable lead? In previous match, Monday to Friday was basically a 24 hour K-Train for you guys. Every morning I’d wake up to the same commander bringing a map zerg into our home BL, cap everything else, then head to Garrison and circle the upper levels for as long as he could just farming people, and then not cap, run off to swap maps, cap a bunch of crap and come back and do it again. I imagine this pattern has repeated itself for every week you guys have been in leagues. Now that you have to spend the morning recapping your own stuff, walking dollys, queueing upgrades and scouting, what’s the appeal for all of those players that were just running around farming?

We have sections of our player base involved in ESO, and it’s a holiday for us too. You aren’t seeing us in full force either. But for us losing a section of a smaller playerbase isn’t further compounded by losing all the fairweathers and ktrain addicts… We didn’t have many of those to begin with.

I mean, I could be wrong because I’m not there on your server to know… but from where we sit, the big difference between last time and this time is that SBI is fielding a formidable force in 1 map instead of many, and there is no room for them to ktrain anymore… The two seem fairly obviously linked from an outside perspective.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Myrias.8732

snip

Because all these events don’t affect both YB and EB.
Because similar events haven’t been reported in every WvW week ever.

If you really want to stretch it: SBI has way more casuals than anybody else that gladly jump on the bandwagon for wins but duck out by the week if they’re losing – especially if they have anything better to do. In which case be proud: your server is the most fickle server in terms of extremes.

It’s been an intense week, and SBI is definitely worthy of their position on the ladder… but its like SBI is insulted to be losing to YB… and no one respects a garbage attitude like that.

Myrias Faust – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

I’m confused… blah blah blah…
I mean seriously: it’s just comical.

Comical is when a guy from the guild that exploit-ressurected their dead mesmer in Bay over and over sunday/monday (VoD) makes a post acting like he or his server have taken the high road or something. You havent.

Sure, some on SBI are complaining about the double-teaming, but only some horribad forum warriors really care. The rest of us just chuckle because the forum warriors on YB think theyre winning cause their good. Winning isnt about good or skill, its about numbers and coverage. None of the servers in this matchup are good or skilled.

SBI is full of fairweathers that wont come out when were losing.
YB is full of guys who beg for “fights” but then have Omega’s and multiple sup-ballistas defending camps.
EB is full of great roaming guilds who, 11+ pages later, are still kitten about getting zerged.

All the servers in this matchup are scrubs.
-Some scrub ranger on SBI

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

lol it’s like junior high in this thread. I’m from SBI I really don’t give a kitten where we place. I’m enjoying the fights and my guild mates feel the same way. So Thank You Yb and EBay for bringing it! Good luck in the rest of your matches hope it’s this tough for the rest of the season.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

It’s so funny see SBI crying so much and complain about double teams, blob zergs, and kitten in the forums, oh the irony…

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheLazyOne.8509

TheLazyOne.8509

Cute how I get severe lag when I get close to certain people today.

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

snip

If you really want to stretch it: SBI has way more casuals than anybody else that gladly jump on the bandwagon for wins but duck out by the week if they’re losing – especially if they have anything better to do. In which case be proud: your server is the most fickle server in terms of extremes.

It’s been an intense week, and SBI is definitely worthy of their position on the ladder… but its like SBI is insulted to be losing to YB… and no one respects a garbage attitude like that.

I am generally a nice person in the forums, but I’m pretty sure my garbage attitude came from all the trash talk that ebay and yb did earlier in this thread. Not to mention watching one of your guys drain our keep supps in Eb to 0 by building trebs and bragging about it in map chat and the forums. Wonder why someone would get a kitten attitude about your sever and retaliate here in the forums.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

You stay classy SBI…

Were they keeping you from getting to an iron node or something? Love how you called target on a tree. :-D

Wars are fought with weapons and economies. Gotta have both to win =D

in Match-ups

nikkistar.1409

… from all the trash talk that ebay and yb did earlier in this thread. Not to mention watching one of your guys drain our keep supps in Eb to 0 by building trebs and bragging about it in map chat and the forums. Wonder why someone would get a kitten attitude about your sever and retaliate here in the forums.

Wait, wait, wait… So SBI never trash talked and belittled YB and EB as well now or previously?

Wait, wait, wait… So the Bags people that were on YB server last night that I personally saw didn’t do this as well?

Seriously, I want to give you a big slab of bacon. I promise you, it will make you smile.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Couple of nice fights against HvC and POV from Yak’s.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Match-ups

Posted by: Uroncha.9308

Uroncha.9308

I am noticing much less people on SBI during the Oceanic hours I normally play during weekdays. I did have a great time though running with Omnicidal last night. Even though we controlled very little outside EB, we had some nice battles and won most of them. SBI may lose this week, but it has been more exciting than the last few weeks.

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

… from all the trash talk that ebay and yb did earlier in this thread. Not to mention watching one of your guys drain our keep supps in Eb to 0 by building trebs and bragging about it in map chat and the forums. Wonder why someone would get a kitten attitude about your sever and retaliate here in the forums.

Wait, wait, wait… So SBI never trash talked and belittled YB and EB as well now or previously?

Wait, wait, wait… So the Bags people that were on YB server last night that I personally saw didn’t do this as well?

Seriously, I want to give you a big slab of bacon. I promise you, it will make you smile.

oh I know you have but I am speaking for myself and my motivations for being such a witch in this thread, not the entire server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merrikk.6790

Merrikk.6790

FA: practice your citadel jumping skills this week so you can kill SBI’s citadel trebs easier than we can.

I want to throw SBI a bone here, hey, our N camp yak that heads to NE tower has been bugged since reset. Maybe you can make your home in our NE tower. Forever paper — your pugs can even pv-door like old times.

Yak’s Bend [LOOT][POV]

in Match-ups

nikkistar.1409

oh I know you have but I am speaking for myself and my motivations for being such a witch in this thread, not the entire server.

Don’t let others make you a mean person.

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

Only if you give me bacon and cookies.

in Match-ups

nikkistar.1409

How about bacon IN the cookie?!

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

skeptical look dunno about that one

How about bacon IN the cookie?!

in Match-ups

nikkistar.1409

:( But, maple bacon donuts are awesome. I would think a bacon cookie would be too!

in Match-ups

Myrias.8732

Comical is when a guy from the guild that exploit-ressurected their dead mesmer in Bay over and over sunday/monday (VoD) makes a post acting like he or his server have taken the high road or something. You havent.

I lol’d at this: Our guild literally has like 4-8 players on at any one point to run around and usually do suicide crap. We certainly don’t claim anything more than having fun messing around in WvW. I’m the only mesmer that’s active (i believe), so pretty sure you’re either full of it or else you didn’t look at the guild tag hard enough. Cheers!

I’ll never claim our guild is the best, or that YB is the best… but you have to admit that this week has had a surprising turn of events. I do pity everyone on every side who is taking this thread far too seriously: its a game, for goodness-sakes!

If people really want to rub kittens in each other’s faces, there is way better MMOs to accomplish that goal in. =)

Myrias Faust – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

:( But, maple bacon donuts are awesome. I would think a bacon cookie would be too!

hmm never tried it, but might be interesting

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

snip

Unfortunately, I believe that to be true. I wish we could get people to show up, because that would make this week amazing, instead of just fun. Imagine if we were all fielding the same numbers at the same time, and our PPT was 1-5k apart? I know that with the unbalance on the servers that will probably never happen, but in the old days, those were always the best matchups.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

nikkistar.1409

WHAT!? You, my friend, are missing out on the deliciousness of it…

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOkNpC84fiOlMV9HjatbaTsnGm4kre7DxkHJgzv-xMtoTY8XuCCg

in Match-ups

Posted by: KaliKush.8514

KaliKush.8514

Great Fights these past days, Looking forward for tonight x)
Viva La Revolution!

Know thy [SE]lf.. know thy enemy..
Sniperandrecon [SE] Ranger – TC

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

WHAT!? You, my friend, are missing out on the deliciousness of it…

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOkNpC84fiOlMV9HjatbaTsnGm4kre7DxkHJgzv-xMtoTY8XuCCg

looks interesting.. will definitely have to check it out

in Match-ups

Myrias.8732

Unfortunately, I believe that to be true. I wish we could get people to show up, because that would make this week amazing, instead of just fun. Imagine if we were all fielding the same numbers at the same time, and our PPT was 1-5k apart? I know that with the unbalance on the servers that will probably never happen, but in the old days, those were always the best matchups.

Oh man, this reminded me of that YB-NSP-SoR match (correct me I I’m wrong on servers) that happened forever ago now. That match ended with the difference in points being in the thousands between all 3… Was such a blast playing. I would love to play that one again.

Any old timers remember that one?

Myrias Faust – Mesmer