Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

Aww, did SBI’s hype train disappear?

Quality, not quantity SBI~

Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Well, I would like to remind some of you that opinions are NOT facts.

OPINION:
YB and EBay has alliance
YB is only winning by sending trolls to SBI for wasting supply (The irony!)
YB has only “blobs” (irony!)
SBI is better, much more organized, have 100000x the number the other two server has and its just that most people are busy trying ESO beta and will try the new fractals, thereby losing WvW’ers.
Also, SBI is the ONLY server where people gets invitation for ESO beta, try out new PvE contents, etc

FACTS:
We are leading them by over 45k.
We have high chance of ending up 2nd, behind FA.

Just to remind you again, no matter how much you guys QQ, OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS. GET OVER IT.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

I’d like to know, how a dead, not downed, but totally dead player’s health kept rejuvenating until he rose from the dead. You could actually see the red health bar increasing. Void was the guild. How do I know, because this player actually arose and started fighting. I am thinking that YB and EB are using quite a few exploits in the matchup. Cheating is for losers.

Pop a stealth trap over the dead body. That would have ended it immediately. Then again, it takes less effort to make yourself look silly on the official forums by calling HAX over something that is stupidly easy to do.

You should not have to pop a stealth trap over a dead body, PERIOD. The body is dead, dead as a doornail, dead as a corpse. I cannot raise when I am dead, I have to go to a WP. Like I said, exploit. Cheating is for losers.

So, no one has ever revived you once you’ve died? Ever? Not even once? That’s a truly sad story. Your server and guild mates are jerks… I’d consider getting better friends.

Also, for your reading pleasure: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revive

:)

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Posted by: JetLu.1874

JetLu.1874

The QQ is strong in this one.

Au, contraire. Not QQ just seeing it like it is. You want to keep telling yourself you are not a cheater then go ahead. Cheaters are losers.

Crappy WvW player, but I try. SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

So there’s alot of hostility in this thread.. So I made a silly video to brighten up the mood!

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

in Match-ups

NiloyBardhan.9170

So, reviving while in stealth is now cheating/exploit? Brilliant! Man, didn’t expect SBI to go full 180 degree just because of one match.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Aside from the trolling/QQing/trashtalk going all around, Khayoss pretty much hit the nail on this one a few pages back.

In summary:
-YB really went full out on reset weekend and held a lead on SBI in PPT. Great job.
-As a result of this most of the “fairweathered” and “ktrain riders” pretty much just ditched WvW for other things (insert excuses for LW content/thanksgiving/PvE/etcetc)

-A mutual 2v1 is happening because: SBI is second, and 1st and 3rd would want 2nd’s points hence the lack of assaults from either of their BLs. That, and I’d imagine YB and Ebay both lack the numbers to even go for each other’s (upgraded) BLs when it’s plain obvious its more optimal to prevent SBI from holding more points.

-YB is still persisting to win in PPT – hell probably even Ebay is trying to steal that 2nd place (and might be able to do it). I can see this just by seeing YB capping ruins this morning while we (SBI) had no ruins for a long while.

tl;dr – regardless if it’s 2v1, if YB takes 1st they got their victory through hard work. It can’t be said the same for SBI since there seem to be a massive demoralization movement to engage in WvW with the exception of core WvW guilds and persistent players who hope they can make a difference.

Other than that, I’m a bit disheartened WvW threads all ends up as some few players being overgeneralized into an entire server as if they represent the entire server. It’s just WvW, take it easy.

/Forum warrior

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

The QQ is strong in this one.

Au, contraire. Not QQ just seeing it like it is. You want to keep telling yourself you are not a cheater then go ahead. Cheaters are losers.

I assume you didn’t read what was posted?

This… permastealth thieves specifically. Sometimes when your group comp is short on a specific element, they are valuable enough to actually expend resources to hard res mid battle. That and Claude can be a whiny kitten sometimes and it’s the only way to shut him up.

Thanks for not thinking of that though. It pads our ego when people think we are magic.

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So, reviving while in stealth is now cheating/exploit? Brilliant! Man, didn’t expect SBI to go full 180 degree just because of one match.

It’s BP levels of QQ, which is the highest tier of QQing.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

snip

Because all these events don’t affect both YB and EB.
Because similar events haven’t been reported in every WvW week ever.

If you really want to stretch it: SBI has way more casuals than anybody else that gladly jump on the bandwagon for wins but duck out by the week if they’re losing – especially if they have anything better to do. In which case be proud: your server is the most fickle server in terms of extremes.

It’s been an intense week, and SBI is definitely worthy of their position on the ladder… but its like SBI is insulted to be losing to YB… and no one respects a garbage attitude like that.

Unfortunately, I believe that to be true. I wish we could get people to show up, because that would make this week amazing, instead of just fun. Imagine if we were all fielding the same numbers at the same time, and our PPT was 1-5k apart? I know that with the unbalance on the servers that will probably never happen, but in the old days, those were always the best matchups.

I’m big on respect… anyone who runs with me or by my tag knows this..
Having said that… It IS still insulting to lose to yaks. BECAUSE SBI IS a better, stronger, more organized server. We not winning at the moment… But not because we didn’t open the week with a huge lead… not because of supply wasting trolls… definitely not because Yaks is better….
But because we are fielding 50% of what we normally do. EBG is almost ALWAYS a 1 hour que… there is no que.. SBI BL is normally QUED.. again.. no que.. The other 2 BL’s are normally medium que.. also… NO QUE.

We are missing ALOT of players. Yet still yaks wants to talk smack like they’ve beaten us straight up. They talk as if They have overcome the big RED SBI MACHINE.
They haven’t. They been beating up on pugs, militia and a handful of Die hard WvW guys.

So its nothing to be proud of but, by all means… brag away lol.

I’m not being egotistical here, I’m being Honest.
Yaks cannot beat SBI with what they have to bring to the table under any other circumstances than SBI being outmanned.

I cannot wait until the next time we meet again…

Really bro? I can’t believe you wrote this lol. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot ouch! or maybe you believe your own hype, I dunno, but it sounds like lot’s of excuses and no facts.

Why can’t you just man up and admit that Yak’s and EB are bringing their A game and are kicking SBI’s kitten , and that the wheels are starting to fall off your bandwagon server

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neaera.1973

Neaera.1973

Lots of good fights with Ebay and YB tonight (especially Ebay)! Thanks for the fun

Elleera | Not Beth | Triple E
Collecting Loot [Bags]
SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Despite some of the poor sportsmanship and fake accounts that have been floating around and ruining people’s golems and seige, I’m genuinely glad that YB has done so well and given SBI such a great challenge. We’ve learned a lot and I’m highly impressed with your server’s siege tactics.

I had a ton of fun today just busting zergs on the YB BL. Since we can’t really capture anything, we just went around killing people, and that was more fun in WvW than I’ve had than the entire season.

Thank you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Good fights to YB on YB BL

~TE

You guys run really well, had a small TS group and rest pugs. Did what I could. We did get you guys a few times though. Was good fun.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grumbelly.9560

Grumbelly.9560

I’ve never had as much fun playing D as I have in this match up. TY YB and EB for doing everything necessary to make this week fun. So much fun to be had defending camps, keeps, running yaks, and some very fun open field fights when both sides finally decide to commit.

To all the SBI’ers crying, please stop. I hope someone is Collecting the [TEARS] as they are a good component for laughter. People are acting as if the sum of the points at the end of the week relates to how much fun they must of had during the week. The fun is the fights not the magical numbers that are stockpiled at the end.

Is it me or is the majority of trolling and QQ’ing on this thread, and a few other previous ones, coming mainly from the transfers that landed on SBI, FA, and YB? Why do the new people feel the need to bark the loudest?

Also still waiting for Anet to release transfer records on the last 3 days leading up to leagues. I still think YB and FA got enough transfers that they and other servers may want to broaden the range of their use of “bandwagon servers” when only referring to SBI.

[Shhh] SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

SBI #1 wagon NA

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Oh, almost forgot, quick shout out to Abys and Beast (dunno how to do that AE wonky character) for work done in EBay BL earlier this evening. I sat on top of a tower for 10 or 15 mins watching you guys hide around corners and pounce on unsuspecting groups, move together and apart battling GH and the other collection of sexy people we were fielding, and generally raise hell. From a top down perspective it looked like you guys move very well together on the battlefield.

It’s just WvW, take it easy.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

(edited by Khayoss.2019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grumbelly.9560

Grumbelly.9560

SBI #1 wagon NA

Is it wrong that I want that as a bumper sticker?

[Shhh] SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

I’m starting to feel a tad guilty laughing at the SBI forum whiners and egging them on… they seem truly upset! C’mon guys, relax a bit. It’s just a game.

Of course, this is a small percent of the server as a whole. Hats off to all the skill groups on SBI (and EB too). You guys are relentless and never give up, even after the fairweathers have bailed and you’re outnumbered.

in Match-ups

Posted by: icecreamsupernova.8956

icecreamsupernova.8956

Just wanted to say thanks for an awesome week so far, it might be a 2v1 but its one of the most interesting and fun weeks in wvw ive had in ages! Regardless of if we win or lose. Our commanders have done a great job this week given the circumstances and ive never had so many loot bags Most fights against equal or more I have seen sbi come out on top (atleast in ebg). Hope the action keeps up for the next few days.

sbi (shhh)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Considering i’ve been on multiple maps this week with commanders on them and still had unmanned buff, I don’t think we have a lot of people.

Honestly though, I’m 99% sure though that even if ESO hadn’t happened, and the cheating..we’d still lose this matchup cause the new patch included PVE.

In the past whenever that happened we usually lost the match.

Would SBI please stop using losing people to other events in WvW as an excuse. WE ALL LOSE PEOPLE, SBI is not that one special server.

Everyone loses people, but SBI generally loses more people, don’t ask me why.. just always been that way.

How many times have you had a queue this week? Because i’ve not seen a single queue yet…

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I’d like to know, how a dead, not downed, but totally dead player’s health kept rejuvenating until he rose from the dead. You could actually see the red health bar increasing. Void was the guild. How do I know, because this player actually arose and started fighting. I am thinking that YB and EB are using quite a few exploits in the matchup. Cheating is for losers.

I think this mesmer was me. All I can say is that you should make friends with some thieves. They’re really nice people. And that stealth! I think we were running two, so it was pretty easy to perma-stealth and res me from my lag-induced death. Kinda insulted that you didn’t mention how pretty I am. #BestDressedSylvariNA

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

Best fights all week today/tonight! Mostly with YB, in our Garrison. How many golems did you all make?!?!?

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: armymelendez.1532

armymelendez.1532

That’s a nice fully upgraded Garrison you got there, SBI. It would be a shame if….

something

Happened to it.

Blade Of Bushido [One] – YB Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: frvwfrtwo.6109

frvwfrtwo.6109

To the SBI that tried to take North camp in SBI BL near the tick tonight, I had great fun running around you guys for 2 minutes to get the tick for EB :)

To the EB that then attempted to kill me after multiple attempts to communicate… :(
Still got away, but that’s not very nice, especially after I held the camp for you.

BG/YB/FA/JQ – Thief Character
My Name Is Thief Charac[ter]

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

That’s a nice fully upgraded Garrison you got there, SBI. It would be a shame if….

something

Happened to it.

Sorry to burst your little yakky bubble, but it wasn’t fully upgraded.

How many omegas and time did it take you to get it though? 2 or 3 hours and about 15 omegas?

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Great fights this week all around; props to Ebay and SBI for continuing to fight us hard. Nothing has been very easy to take in EBBL or SBIBL the past few days… made for some fun fights. Keep it up! Enjoy your holidays, or lack thereof for you non-muricans.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: feltri.5062

feltri.5062

THIS IS HOW YB WILL WIN THIS WEEK HACKING

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

something

Happened to it.

How many omegas and time did it take you to get it though? 2 or 3 hours and about 15 omegas?

But isn’t that what makes it fun? Defending or attacking wave after wave. I was part of the softening waves and had tons of fun, even though the final take was after I logged. For a brief moment we thought we had a chance try 1. Then the reinforcements came, which actually made it more fun in the end. I think it was probably fun for your side as well.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Step 1: getting into huts in south supply camp
Step 2-557: redacted
Step 558: stonemist castle.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Also I like how Jet Lu deleted all his posts. Too bad we can still read all his silly QQs that have been quoted.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

Posted by: feltri.5062

feltri.5062

this is how thye ll win

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Liston.9708

Every server seems to have hackers. One individual person does not represent an entire server either. And if you think that was the difference…..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kurieg.4158

Kurieg.4158

Good try, Kronk, but the jig is up. That is our secret “I win” button location. As long as we have someone in there feverishly pushing “1”, we win.

Crafty [CR]
Yak’s Bend
Ir Regardless – Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flipscore.4597

Flipscore.4597

30, 26 and 26.

That’ll be the score if SBI stays in Second.

In this scenario: If SBI (#1) and DB (#2) make FA lose somehow, and YB manages to win next week, Silver league would have a 3 way tie at 31 points for first place.

That is very interesting to think about.

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

It’s Wednesday and YB is up to a fifty five thousand point lead.

Too early to call it a win?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in Match-ups

NiloyBardhan.9170

Dunno….But I’ll be very surprised if we go onto lose this match.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kos Luftar.9214

Kos Luftar.9214

Nah. You guys got it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stash.8401

Stash.8401

Great match this week, finally some action going on in SBI. Even under the circumstances there have been some awesome fights and it has been a real eye opener for the server to straighten up and get more organized.
Hopefully the pugs can learn from this experience for next week.
Cheers to YB and EBay.

Localize [ASAP]
MAGUUMA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nudd.2970

Nudd.2970

I am from SBI.

All of this back and forth about why SBI isn’t in the lead or what “could be” IF this or that were happening, in my view, is fruitless.

Straight up Yak’s Bend is beating us this week. It is what it is. And kudos to YB for holding it together.

Of course the reports of spy griefing and hacking set aside as people who engage in that kind of behavior are just pathetic cry babies without a thumb to suck on… no matter what server they are on… I have seen some organization from YB, quick responses to threats, and… yes… numbers.

As for double-teaming… it is a legitimate tactic and one that any server needs to have a response to if they are double teamed. Improvise, adapt and overcome… don’t whine about it. Course, when you team up with another server to attack a third, you run the risk of coming out in last place like Ehmry Bay is seeing right now. Didn’t quite work out for them like they were hoping, did it? May make them think better next time of allowing another server to get the upper hand in an alliance.

——

Some guy called Nudd

(edited by Nudd.2970)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lastrites.5286

Lastrites.5286

30, 26 and 26.

That’ll be the score if SBI stays in Second.

In this scenario: If SBI (#1) and DB (#2) make FA lose somehow, and YB manages to win next week, Silver league would have a 3 way tie at 31 points for first place.

That is very interesting to think about.

Now I’m curious to know if ANet has some sort of tie breaker in place if that were to happen.

Lastritês – Primi Agminis Legio [PAL]
Yak’s Bend Community Leader

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

I think you all know that FA getting third next week is unlikely.

in Match-ups

Liston.9708

If teams tie for a position, all the tied teams get the reward allotted for that position. So 3 first place teams get 1st (sort of like kissing your sister) place reward and the next team gets 4th place reward.

in Match-ups

Liston.9708

Indeed, but maybe sbi and YB get second – I think that leaves a two way tie for second.

in Match-ups

Posted by: yksdoris.2194

yksdoris.2194

I am from SBI.

All of this back and forth about why SBI isn’t in the lead or what “could be” IF this or that were happening, in my view, is fruitless.

Straight up Yak’s Bend is beating us this week. It is what it is. And kudos to YB for holding it together.

Of course the reports of spy griefing and hacking set aside as people who engage in that kind of behavior are just pathetic cry babies without a thumb to suck on… no matter what server they are on… I have seen some organization from YB, quick responses to threats, and… yes… numbers.

As for double-teaming… it is a legitimate tactic and one that any server needs to have a response to if they are double teamed. Improvise, adapt and overcome… don’t whine about it. Course, when you team up with another server to attack a third, you run the risk of coming out in last place like Ehmry Bay is seeing right now. Didn’t quite work out for them like they were hoping, did it? May make them think better next time of allowing another server to get the upper hand in an alliance.

but that’s only now. EB has been a formidable opponent in the past matchups (=before the Season) and I’m sure they will be again when the Season ends. Point being, in a YB-EB balance it’s often tricky to predict which one will come out on top. This time it was YB. Next time, who knows. That’spart of the fun of WvW

#ELEtism
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

I’m curious to see how Anet handles a tie. I hope it’s not as simple as total ppt scored over 7 weeks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: esme.6391

esme.6391

Is this the hut at South camp? Curious if you saw the YB leave it because i have fallen in there before and there was no way out, had to waypoint. Glitchy rooftop. Very easy to fall in to the map without an exit

Ehmry Bay’s adoranecro ~ [GH] ~ Winning over Tyria one inappropriate remark at a time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flipscore.4597

Flipscore.4597

Oh absolutely. FA has proven they have no trouble fighting boring steamroll matches and for some reason a few prominent (at one time) YB guilds decided that’s what they wanted to do.

But it’s still an interesting idea to kick around.

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

something

Happened to it.

But isn’t that what makes it fun? Defending or attacking wave after wave. I was part of the softening waves and had tons of fun, even though the final take was after I logged. For a brief moment we thought we had a chance try 1. Then the reinforcements came, which actually made it more fun in the end. I think it was probably fun for your side as well.

Fun for sure, last night was super fun! I just didn’t appreciate the kitteniness of the post. Like it only took one try to get.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I’m SBI so if you are going to flame know where I come from.

This week’s match has proven to be very interesting. It shows that when 2 evenly matched server get paired the 3’d weakest party can be a very effective king maker.

The question is , is this a good thing or bad thing? I see both side of the story. It is good because it gives smaller world a reason to go and play with the big boys. On the other hand it’s bad because the out come of a match up depends more on deals with other servers rather than your own server’s play, it make it into more like a survivor kind of situation.

What do you guys think?

in Match-ups

Posted by: ActionCat.4162

ActionCat.4162

ATTENTION ALL [HERO] members in SBI… i figured id hijack this thread for a second and post a video i took of our last encounter…. twas a good fight last week! :P

Commander ActionCat [BMO] – DragonBrand