Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: esme.6391

esme.6391

Heard reports that guilds are transfering off Sbi over this inanity. Any confirmations?

Yeah they are all leaving and coming to EBay. kitten face.

Not really, TE and BAGS are planning to move to Anvil Rock after leagues. DR and Beast are likely to follow suit.

I hear Anvil Rock is making a comeback. I hope they do. They were fun

Ehmry Bay’s adoranecro ~ [GH] ~ Winning over Tyria one inappropriate remark at a time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

Stop crying. Thanks. It’s not the end of the world folks. Move along and eat some god kitten leftover turkey. Have a fun reset.

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Nice job to EB and YB….hopefully other servers will start forming 2v1 alliances after seeing how successful they can be.

Its not super successful outside of leagues, Mainly because you start doing it a lot and other servers start doing it to you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Duels going on windmill, SBI BL. If anyones interested

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: JobCreator.1956

JobCreator.1956

Quiet guys…
You can hear the bandwagon wheels
SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK

Fort Wagonwood is here already?!

The kitten mightier than the sword.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

Rofl…I just now thought about it..

Know what would be a great finisher for 2nd place in Silver League

You know what would be a great finisher for 3rd?

Attachments:

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Rofl…I just now thought about it..

Know what would be a great finisher for 2nd place in Silver League

You know what would be a great finisher for 3rd?

Hey, know what else would be a great finisher for 2nd

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Just wanted to say great work and congratulations to YB and Ebay, especially to Ebay at that.

Stay Toasty my friends.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyler.2170

Tyler.2170

I wonder what Sbi did to make yaks hate them so much. For once, its not us.

We beat them. Just like the rest of the servers that hate us.

Its more like you beat us + chest thumping. Many servers wont like you when you bandwagoned your way through silver league servers, then in every match up thread you said something along the line of “You guys are boring, we belong in the gold league.”

I would love to see where we said “we belong in gold league” … Because I know for a fact SBI couldn’t last in gold league. I wouldn’t take a word for granted with any of SBIs pugs say. Of course we have bandwagons. Any winning server is going to get people that bandwagon to a winning team. I’m glad we lost, not happy that we lost because of 2v1ing, but none the less happy because we got the people who don’t give two kittens about WvW out. I can’t wait till all those bandwagon pugs/guilds move to YB or FA and you end up being the exact thing that you hate about SBI.

[TE]
Twisted Effect
Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

Just posting so that I can say that I’ve posted in the greatest thread this forum will ever see.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

Scarlett’s new evil alliance: Ebay and YB.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Its more like you beat us + chest thumping. Many servers wont like you when you bandwagoned your way through silver league servers, then in every match up thread you said something along the line of “You guys are boring, we belong in the gold league.”

I would love to see where we said “we belong in gold league” … Because I know for a fact SBI couldn’t last in gold league. I wouldn’t take a word for granted with any of SBIs pugs say. Of course we have bandwagons. Any winning server is going to get people that bandwagon to a winning team. I’m glad we lost, not happy that we lost because of 2v1ing, but none the less happy because we got the people who don’t give two kittens about WvW out. I can’t wait till all those bandwagon pugs/guilds move to YB or FA and you end up being the exact thing that you hate about SBI.

ummm….YB and FA are already band wagon servers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Loving the QQ of the kitten SBI people. Sad, it’ll end today. FA and DB should be ready to teach them what they deserve.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

in Match-ups

Tyler.2170

Heard reports that guilds are transfering off Sbi over this inanity. Any confirmations?

Yeah they are all leaving and coming to EBay. kitten face.

Not really, TE and BAGS are planning to move to Anvil Rock after leagues. DR and Beast are likely to follow suit.

Um…No we aren’t LOL.

[TE]
Twisted Effect
Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Thread is going out of control… -.-

Commander Nachonix

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Scarlett’s new evil alliance: Ebay and YB.

Twisted Watchwork Ehmry Yak!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gracious.4279

Gracious.4279

Ebay did it alone. There was no alliance, this was all made up by SBI players who were angry that 1 night it seemed like EB and Yaks were working together.

Ebay is skillfully better than SBI, what can I say?

Winners win, Losers lose. good game though.

r54 pvp | Ebay | Female Mind Games

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Loving the QQ of the kitten SBI people. Sad, it’ll end today. FA and DB should be ready teach them what they deserve.

Unlike YB, FA doesn’t actually need help to beat us. Its called having more people.. and they have more people.

in Match-ups

Posted by: AcFiBu.9624

AcFiBu.9624

To all complaining about 2v1. The devs have mentioned more than once that they figured that 2v1’s would happen naturally due to the play style. The issue has been when a superior(numbers/coverage) server is against 2 others and one is obviously the lesser of the three. The 2nd place server usually beats on the third just to make sure they maintain 2nd place. Then the small guy (3rd place) just picks off what he can no matter who the server is.

In all reality though. The most strategic and sound way to play would be for both lesser covered servers to focus the bigger more populated one. After all the enemy of my enemy is my friend (temporarily).

After all that I’m not saying SBI or YB is superior to the other. I’m just saying that a 2v1 isn’t “unfair” or “not the way it should be played”. It’s logical.

in Match-ups

Posted by: yksdoris.2194

yksdoris.2194

Loving the QQ of the kitten SBI people. Sad, it’ll end today. FA and DB should be ready to teach them what they deserve.

dude, go do something productive, you’re making us all look bad. nobody – and I mean NOBODY likes a gloaty winner.

#ELEtism
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

LOL at EB. I don’t know why you guys are thumping your chests. You BARELY got 2nd place even with YB’s help. Whether you guys planned it in the beginning or not the fact is YB and EB focused SBI all week long, and even with 2 servers focusing SBI you barely managed 2nd place. Grats? EB is only getting ahead now because YB has left them alone. It’s like pigeons playing chess. They knock over the pieces, kitten on the board, and then flock to the forums to brag about their victory.

As for the rumor mill about guilds leaving I’ve only heard about one and they’ve been trolling our WvW the whole time by spamming map chat, destroying golems, wasting seige, etc. …so good riddance. Main one I noticed destroying seige last night was Star Playa from TE. He spent all night running golems into enemy zergs and dropping seige all over the place.

(edited by Mek.2947)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vyrance.1723

Vyrance.1723

Have you and Ebay decided how you are going to split up BP’s stuff after reset? Maybe you should let Ebay win that match since they let you all have this one

Vyrance – 80 Guardian
GAF – Gaming Age Force // Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

dude, go do something productive, you’re making us all look bad. nobody – and I mean NOBODY likes a gloaty winner.

I didn’t start it. It was in response to the excuses the other server was making.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boottspurr.9184

Boottspurr.9184

I can’t imagine that this is what Arena net had in mind when they introduced “competitive league play”.

Hi there! My name is Boottspurr, and I don’t post in the forums very often but I’d just like to say a little something to everyone here in this matchup thread.

First off, the above sentiment is something that I can’t disagree with more. When ArenaNet set up WvW, they set it up as a match-up between 3 servers. If they wanted it to be a completely direct mano-à-mano fight, it would have been 2 servers pitted against each other every week, not 3. If they wanted it to be a FAIR fight between 3 servers, they would have somehow set it up so that each server has exactly the same amount of people playing at any given time. Instead, what we have is, more often than not, a fight between 3 servers with a fairly different level competitiveness between one another.

So, what does this mean? Does this mean that ArenaNet fully intended for each server to be an island and fight in such a way so that each contest is Pre-determined even before we step on the field? Why even show up in that case, what would be the point of fighting besides just having a few good fights – which could easily be had with some other game-type. I say NO. I say this is EXACTLY what ArenaNet intended when they set up WvW with 3 servers.

Now I’m going to try to explain why I think how this matchup went down makes a case for WvW Seasons to continue. First, a little background information:

I don’t speak for my entire server, but as an Ehmry Bay player since Beta, I’m not overly fond of Borlis Pass in WvW. We have history. I mean it’s not like I hate those guys, but if we can avoid placing below them in Season 1, we’re going to do whatever we can to make that happen. Currently we’re tied for 4th with them, but they’re going to win this week – so unless we expect to come in FIRST next week (which we don’t), we REALLY need to avoid placing third this week to have a chance of tying them.
Yak’s Bend is currently a few points behind SBI for second. They, obviously, want to come in second rather than 3rd. This means that they were going to have to win this week if they wanted a chance to even tie SBI for 2nd, but last time they faced them they lost. Something had to change.
Coming into the week, I believe one or two guilds on YB were talking to one on EB and brought up the idea of helping each other out. Nothing was decided, and come Reset night the idea was thrown out with the responsible party from YB coming to the Ehmry forum and letting them know there was going to be no formal pact – every server for themself – with the caviat that “We will be focusing SBI, however. You guys are savvy enough to work out how to make the most of that situation.” And that we did.

So during the week while YB focused SBI, Ehmry played their part – keeping our Home BL locked down as best we could and taking what we could get from SBI, while also taking just enough from YB without kitten ing them off. ONLY in the last couple of days has there been some serious collab between YB and EB, and ONLY because we’re soooo cloooose to 2nd. So why are they helping us get the 2nd rather than just being happy with their win? Because of next week.

SBI is against FA and DB next week, so that will be an interesting matchup. SBI will probably come in second, but anything can happen and might come in 1st (if they play it smart…). YB’s matchup is with EB and BP – THAT is where things get interesting. In order to secure their 2nd place finish for the Season, YB will likely have to place 1st. The best way to ensure this is the give EB a reason to try and beat BP rather than YB. Since EB now has a hope of tying BP, they’ve given us a reason to attack BP instead of YB.
So there’s the logic behind it all. It’s pretty straightforward. It’s not underhanded, it’s not deceitful, it’s just WvW. And SEASONS is what made this all possible. I really really like it.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: SBI should IN NO WAY feel humiliated about coming in 3rd this week. They’re just a victim of these circumstances. They have a right to feel like the 2v1 is unfair, but at the same time they also have a right to do the same thing to FA next week. Besides that, THEY could have been the ones to have an informal alliance with us this week, but I’m pretty sure they didn’t think this outcome was possible.

Thank you for your time.

TL;DR: There is a 2v1 going on, it’s super tactical and what I think WvW is supposed to be all about. SBI shouldn’t feel bad about what happened, they’re just a victim of the Season.

Boottspurr from World of Enders [WoE]

in Match-ups

Tyler.2170

Ebay did it alone. There was no alliance, this was all made up by SBI players who were angry that 1 night it seemed like EB and Yaks were working together.

Ebay is skillfully better than SBI, what can I say?

Winners win, Losers lose. good game though.

Attachments:

[TE]
Twisted Effect
Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Yak’s and EBay holding hands.

Was fun fighting you for a bit, ty for the vid. Always fun to see these.
Had to split off quickly as we were doing no dmg to you at all and had to stop the yaks going to gar. Was guard the only glass on the team?

Cheers
Lion of the Wind
SoCo

in Match-ups

Xavi.6591

Yak’s Bend has never been a ‘bandwagon’ server for one simple reason – people hate the name ’Yak’s Bend’.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ebbnjin.5276

ebbnjin.5276

On the bright side.. it’s great to see how YB actually work hard to honer their side of the bargains, which consists of Yaks golems punch holes in our objectives then vacate the area for EBay to claim it. ^^;;;

in Match-ups

Black Scoutsman.5830

Yak’s Bend has never been a ‘bandwagon’ server for one simple reason – people hate the name ’Yak’s Bend’.

I know right? and somehow losing [Glob] one of our bigger wvw guilds in the middle of the season, makes us bandwagon love loser logic

in Match-ups

Tyler.2170

Lmfao at that being the reason defending that you aren’t a bandwagon server.

[TE]
Twisted Effect
Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Iron Monk I.2103

I Iron Monk I.2103

Yaks Bend is the Evil Empire all of you better remember that and Ebay are our Storm Troopers

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

Yaks Bend is the Evil Empire all of you better remember that and Ebay are our Storm Troopers

Who’s Vader?

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

I didn’t start it. It was in response to the excuses the other server was making.

What excuse is that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I wonder when SBI will start to admit that they lost because they dont have enough people loyal to the server, to despite the overwhelming odds most of their people just want easy victories and roll over groups with big blob zergs.

Take away the first place, put a heavy and organized fight and SBI is crying in the forums…

No surprise, bandwagon servers have the least loyal people in the game. That is why they all left their original servers.

Not saying SBI doesn’t have loyal die-hards, and respect to them. And all servers see some turnout loss when things get tough, but frequent transfers are the most fairweather of all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Afkjosh.3912

Afkjosh.3912

Best thread NA.

Currently Playing ~ Lich Lord Joshua – (Necro)
WvW Rank ~ 2,4xx / WvW Kills ~ 1xx,xxx / PvP Rank ~ 7x
EBAY ~ [Void] → FA/SoS ~ [HOPE] → FA ~ [CM] → FA/DB ~ [TheD] → ?

in Match-ups

esme.6391

as long as they pat me on the head and give me my whiskas on time.

Ehmry Bay’s adoranecro ~ [GH] ~ Winning over Tyria one inappropriate remark at a time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Iron Monk I.2103

I Iron Monk I.2103

Yaks Bend’s Darth Vader is Rena

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

Who’s Vader?

I vote for DK.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fett.9573

fett.9573

SBI realizes they got pushed down:

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Isn’t it ironic to still call SBI chest thumping?

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in Match-ups

Xavi.6591

Who’s Vader?

I vote for DK.

I also vote for DK as Lord Vader.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

EBay on the verge of overtaking SBI. Ladies and gentlemen, please hold buckets to collect more SBI’s tears

But but……My “Bucket” is already full of SBI tears

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vyrance.1723

Vyrance.1723

Coming into the week, I believe one or two guilds on YB were talking to one on EB and brought up the idea of helping each other out. Nothing was decided, and come Reset night the idea was thrown out with the responsible party from YB coming to the Ehmry forum and letting them know there was going to be no formal pact – every server for themself – with the caviat that “We will be focusing SBI, however. You guys are savvy enough to work out how to make the most of that situation.” And that we did.

So during the week while YB focused SBI, Ehmry played their part – keeping our Home BL locked down as best we could and taking what we could get from SBI, while also taking just enough from YB without kitten ing them off. ONLY in the last couple of days has there been some serious collab between YB and EB, and ONLY because we’re soooo cloooose to 2nd. So why are they helping us get the 2nd rather than just being happy with their win? Because of next week.

It’s nice to see someone admit that there was communication between the servers. And you say there wasn’t a pact, and then you basically explain how a pact was made for both servers to keep focusing on SBI

No need to be embarrassed Yaks, Ebay helped you all pull out a victory this week. I’m sure they’ll be expecting the help after reset with defeating BP. Never thought I’d feel bad for BP before.

Vyrance – 80 Guardian
GAF – Gaming Age Force // Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

There wasn’t, but there is now. Dance parties and all.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Inappropriate.9431

Inappropriate.9431

The people who say there was never an alliance just weren’t important enough to get the memo :P

in Match-ups

esme.6391

i can vouch for the dance parties.

in Match-ups

Black Scoutsman.5830

Loving the QQ of the kitten SBI people. Sad, it’ll end today. FA and DB should be ready teach them what they deserve.

Unlike YB, FA doesn’t actually need help to beat us. Its called having more people.. and they have more people.

you know, for all the LOTRO you’re playing, ur sure finding a lot of time to kitten about the matchup results. would you like some preparation H?

Question, how you finding time to respond to all my posts while peeing in cups for France?

I really wish that this made sense. somehow comparing me and yaks bend to lance armstrong, just isnt having that burn effect you’re looking for.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

It’s nice to see someone admit that there was communication between the servers. And you say there wasn’t a pact, and then you basically explain how a pact was made for both servers to keep focusing on SBI

No need to be embarrassed Yaks, Ebay helped you all pull out a victory this week. I’m sure they’ll be expecting the help after reset with defeating BP. Never thought I’d feel bad for BP before.

Rofl…

“There was no alliance, we just told one another we’d be focusing SBI wink wink

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

you know, for all the LOTRO you’re playing, ur sure finding a lot of time to kitten about the matchup results. would you like some preparation H?

Question, how you finding time to respond to all my posts while peeing in cups for France?

I really wish that this made sense. somehow comparing me and yaks bend to lance armstrong, just isnt having that burn effect you’re looking for.

You’re right, I shouldn’t burn someone if they’re so “slow” they can’t get it.

what was I thinking.