Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

Come to Obsidian Sanctum for some small fights!

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

There wasn’t, but there is now. Dance parties and all.

So is TehFoe still in your guild? was just curious if you were still associating with a cheater.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Posted by: esme.6391

esme.6391

i think he’s calling you a steroid user..

no no wait a cheater. thats it.

Ehmry Bay’s adoranecro ~ [GH] ~ Winning over Tyria one inappropriate remark at a time.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

i think he’s calling you a steroid user..

no no wait a cheater. thats it.

He could use steroids… you never know..

could be why he’s “slow”

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Iron Monk I.2103

I Iron Monk I.2103

Hmm Rena will be emperor Palpatine and DK will be Lord Vader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zevlik.8109

Zevlik.8109

Heard reports that guilds are transfering off Sbi over this inanity. Any confirmations?

Yeah they are all leaving and coming to EBay. kitten face.

Ebays yet to be a fairweather server, probably because we’re all so unwelcoming and cold.

Why would anyone transfer to Ebay? You’re YB’s kitten. Who wants to transfer to a kitten server?

AHA I knew he didn’t overdose on turkey! You have failed to troll me again Maladon!

As to the match up:

Good fights, solid strategy from YB and EB to take on the larger server and come out ahead! Some of SBI likes to QQ some of us love this sort of match up. Holding off SM from EB on the south end and Yaks on the north end while splitting off our zerg to defend our upgraded keeps in Eternal Battlegrounds is just awesome. It’s all about the good fights for some of us!

I’d also like to give props to EB for their extreme skills of manipulating Yaks in order to get them to help them take second place. Yaks couldn’t have done it without you and I for one believe you to be the masterminds here, not Yaks. You managed to manipulate YB’s hatred for SBI in order to allowed you to place where you would not have placed before. You, good server, are the true underdog in this matchup!

Thanks for bringing the fights!

~ Zev
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Match-ups

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Rofl…

“There was no alliance, we just told one another we’d be focusing SBI wink wink

Common sense would have told you we would be focusing SBi, and I KNOW there are people on Ebay with common sense. Even if a good portion of SBi are lacking it.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Rofl…

“There was no alliance, we just told one another we’d be focusing SBI wink wink

Common sense would have told you we would be focusing SBi, and I KNOW there are people on Ebay with common sense. Even if a good portion of SBi are lacking it.

Yet, we still have people from Yaks claiming that a 2v1 didn’t happen, nor did an alliance, despite common sense pointing to it, and now a guy admitting that talks happened between the servers.

But SBI are the chest thumper’s for pointing it out..

Rofl..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

USA is most parts of the world? Got it.

Who said I’m in the US . . . I’m from Canada dude, BC to be more specific.

With distasteful posts like the ones you made earlier, we don’t want you here… I hope someone pees on your igloo.

That’s just blatantly racist against the Inuit people, post reported!

It’s actually poking fun at the fact that many south of the border hold a belief that as soon as you cross over to the Canada side it instantly drops to freezing levels. Being Canadian, you know that. However, you are such a poor sport that losing has embittered you to the point where you are being openly hostile and are looking for excuses to lash out. I think you may have missed some important lessons in kindergarten.

Agreed, I thought the joke was pretty freaking funny. I just think Exo has his panties in a bunch over his bandwagon server imploding. As a fellow Canuck (from Halifax) I suggest that you relax dude, it’s just a game

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

Loving the QQ of the kitten SBI people. Sad, it’ll end today. FA and DB should be ready teach them what they deserve.

Unlike YB, FA doesn’t actually need help to beat us. Its called having more people.. and they have more people.

you know, for all the LOTRO you’re playing, ur sure finding a lot of time to kitten about the matchup results. would you like some preparation H?

Question, how you finding time to respond to all my posts while peeing in cups for France?

I really wish that this made sense. somehow comparing me and yaks bend to lance armstrong, just isnt having that burn effect you’re looking for.

You’re right, I shouldn’t burn someone if they’re so “slow” they can’t get it.

what was I thinking.

I clearly got it, it was just really bad lol. maybe you should stick to making pain inverter ranger melee builds. you are actually half way decent at that.

All jabbing aside, you have to admit that SBI has rolled over and died on you. So I ask you this: which server would you rather be on? One that is willing to set aside their pride, log long hours, scrap for ppt and do whatever is necessary to get that win? Or one that k-trains its way through matchup after matchup and gives up when they get their nose bloodied? I can tell you what my answer is.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

in Match-ups

Posted by: esme.6391

esme.6391

sbi are chest thumpers for chest thumping, not for pointing out anything. Yaks is saying that your chest thumping made them WANT to tag team you, even though there was no definitive agreement made.

Trust me, we were #1 chest thumpers NA before you guys came around. They want your spot in the ladder anyways. Why would they care what we do any further than getting your spot.

Ehmry Bay’s adoranecro ~ [GH] ~ Winning over Tyria one inappropriate remark at a time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Yak’s Bend didn’t go after SBI because of some chest thumping, we went after SBI because they were the bigger threat and because they beat us last match. Everything else just fell into place afterwords.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

At least EB can stop being Yaks puppet. I felt bad for them not being able to stand up for themselves.

SBI

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Loving the QQ of the kitten SBI people. Sad, it’ll end today. FA and DB should be ready teach them what they deserve.

Unlike YB, FA doesn’t actually need help to beat us. Its called having more people.. and they have more people.

you know, for all the LOTRO you’re playing, ur sure finding a lot of time to kitten about the matchup results. would you like some preparation H?

Question, how you finding time to respond to all my posts while peeing in cups for France?

I really wish that this made sense. somehow comparing me and yaks bend to lance armstrong, just isnt having that burn effect you’re looking for.

what was I thinking.

I clearly got it, it was just really bad lol. maybe you should stick to making pain inverter ranger melee builds. you are actually half way decent at that.

All jabbing aside, you have to admit that SBI has rolled over and died on you. So I ask you this: which server would you rather be on? One that is willing to set aside their pride, log long hours, scrap for ppt and do whatever is necessary to get that win? Or one that k-trains its way through matchup after matchup and gives up when they get their nose bloodied? I can tell you what my answer is.

Oh no..the guy who I compared to a disgraced cyclist didn’t like my burn….QQ

SBI has rolled over and died? There has been less population this week, but do you honestly think I fault SBI as a server for not winning a 2v1? Are you joking?

Also..I’m going to bold one part of your post that I find very important.

Did you really just ask if i’d rather be on the server the fought a 2v1 and did fairly decently, Or one that had to give up its pride to win?

Cause there is really no contest.

in Match-ups

Posted by: tmakinen.1048

tmakinen.1048

It’s nice to see someone admit that there was communication between the servers. And you say there wasn’t a pact, and then you basically explain how a pact was made for both servers to keep focusing on SBI ;)

No need to be embarrassed Yaks, Ebay helped you all pull out a victory this week. I’m sure they’ll be expecting the help after reset with defeating BP. Never thought I’d feel bad for BP before.

Boottspurr gave a very good and cogent outline on the strategic considerations from EBs perspective, just like I described YBs point of view earlier today (and several pages above). I was not in the loop for those discussions but Boottspurr’s description appears completely believable, and there isn’t anything that I wouldn’t condone as a member of the YB community.

There wasn’t an alliance until the final day. Communication took place, common strategic interests were identified. People showed significant acumen and discipline in sticking to those strategies. The end result speaks for itself.

Of course it helped YB that EB didn’t cave in, but guarded their own territory with alacrity. Of course it helped that people recognized mutual interests and acted in a rational manner. This match was much more capricious than the final score suggests – even something as minor as YB getting the Bay side spawn point in SBIBL could have flipped the momentum at a critical moment.

And that is exactly why this is such a remarkable match.

tmakinen of [SoF]

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

sbi are chest thumpers for chest thumping, not for pointing out anything. Yaks is saying that your chest thumping made them WANT to tag team you, even though there was no definitive agreement made.

Trust me, we were #1 chest thumpers NA before you guys came around. They want your spot in the ladder anyways. Why would they care what we do any further than getting your spot.

So….Our Chest Thumping is what made Yaks want to tag team us.. that is why before the match even started they asked for Ebays Help..

Gotcha.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

It’s nice to see someone admit that there was communication between the servers. And you say there wasn’t a pact, and then you basically explain how a pact was made for both servers to keep focusing on SBI

No need to be embarrassed Yaks, Ebay helped you all pull out a victory this week. I’m sure they’ll be expecting the help after reset with defeating BP. Never thought I’d feel bad for BP before.

Boottspurr gave a very good and cogent outline on the strategic considerations from EBs perspective, just like I described YBs point of view earlier today (and several pages above). I was not in the loop for those discussions but Boottspurr’s description appears completely believable, and there isn’t anything that I wouldn’t condone as a member of the YB community.

There wasn’t an alliance until the final day. Communication took place, common strategic interests were identified. People showed significant acumen and discipline in sticking to those strategies. The end result speaks for itself.

Of course it helped YB that EB didn’t cave in, but guarded their own territory with alacrity. Of course it helped that people recognized mutual interests and acted in a rational manner. This match was much more capricious than the final score suggests – even something as minor as YB getting the Bay side spawn point in SBIBL could have flipped the momentum at a critical moment.

And that is exactly why this is such a remarkable match.

There wasn’t an alliance till the final day?

Really?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

This has been the most historic match up of all time.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

This has been the most historic match up of all time.

Really?

You think this match….in a video game… in a league… that has servers with uneven populations….. is the historic match up of all time..

in Match-ups

Black Scoutsman.5830

what was I thinking.

SBI has rolled over and died? There has been less population this week, but do you honestly think I fault SBI as a server for not winning a 2v1? Are you joking?

Did you really just ask if i’d rather be on the server the fought a 2v1 and did fairly decently, Or one that had to give up its pride to win?

You seem to know an awful lot about the matchup for not having played but once or twice. And are you really going to keep playing that “we didnt have numbers card”? It was a holiday, and an ESO weekend and a fractals patch week for every server in the matchup. And yeah we know that in a server to server lineup you guys have more people than us and generally more coverage. we know that. we also knew that if we could knock you down the first couple days, you wouldnt get back up. That was all yaks bend. What you are seeing from Wednesday through today is a direct result of the forum whining and a deep rooted desire to disgrace your server to the highest extent possible. That is why we are setting aside our pride for being able to say that we could have beat you bloody by 200k, but we’d rather ebay get ahead of you. you have yourself and your forum warrior friends to thank for that.

And who really cares about lance armstrong? and how did we take ped’s? nothing about that analogy made any sense bud.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zhokora.7048

Zhokora.7048

I don’t get this whole chest thumping excuse for wanting to focus a server. I especially don’t understand using that as a point of attack while doing the very thing you claim to be in bad taste. The number of excuses and outright blind denials and accusations here from every server is a bit disheartening. I think everyone needs to grow up a little, or at least show some respect. Keep in mind you have real people on the other end of the text you’re sending out or even on the other point of your sword on the field. Trolling is trolling, it doesn’t make you cool it makes you an kitten. (Which might be why news of Bags leaving the server should be a cause for joy for all SBIers)

It was a well earned and hard victory for YB, they played smart, laid siege down and actually defended objectives which is something we direly lack as SBI.

Be there no ‘formal alliance’ everyone with two pairs of eyes could see mutual cooperation with a focus on green targets. Denying it at this point is just silly. Good fights this week everyone, that put their time and effort into it. Look forward to seeing Ebay and YB on the field again in the future, maybe with less animosity and more respect. Best of luck to you in your next match up!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boottspurr.9184

Boottspurr.9184

I really hope the results of this matchup encourages similar things in future weeks. It could turn WvW into something MUCH more interesting that it currently is.

Boottspurr from World of Enders [WoE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

EBay is like a midget with a machete. We may not be the biggest guy on the block but your kneecaps are kittenin ours.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

I think it’s good strategy for EBay and YB to gang up on us, it can be beneficial to both of them, even if it can be a damaging to our morale (which it must be, I don’t see the queues I used to). Wars are not won on manpower alone, a bit of diplomacy can change the tide of battle. If EBay and YB are working together, that’s part of the game. The only thing that bugs me is that SBI seems to have become the ‘big bad guy’ when we’re just another server trying to win. How did we become so disliked, a few forum comments aside?

Meta gaming is one thing (largely possible thanks to Anet posting the match schedule publicly so YB and EB know they are together again next week too) but if you’re going to meta game at least get someone who can do it properly. Had you forced SBI to finish third it would have been that much easier for YB to finish above SBI overall for season 1 depending on placement next week, allowing EB to finish third leaves the door open for YB to finish ranked below SBI when you didn’t have to leave that available.

Getting EB into second place was also within YB’s power to do. At this point YB is so far ahead that unless they get 0 ppt until reset and SBI gets 695 ppt for the rest of the week (impossible) YB will finish first, EB is only trailing SBI by around 10k and yet tonight SBI takes EB’s stuff and is widening the gap. YB essentially donating their BL to EB would have made an SBI second place finish all but impossible with EB’s ppt being too high to catch and two servers to defend it. In either case YB still finishes first and thus in all practicality loses nothing at all for doing this.

Which raises an interesting question.

EB, why are you so content to just accept your fate as the peasants upon whom YB plant their flag? What do you get out of this? YB has the opportunity to help you boost your stats as well yet they are quite content to just let you finish last and EB, you seem so content to just let YB stand on your chest and kitten in your mouth. All partnerships have some inequity and it is easy to see what YB gets out of this, you on the other hand get nothing but the privilege of letting YB kitten on you without so much as raising a hand to you. This is doormat to the highest power.

Then again, I don’t recall calling either of you smart enough to figure these things out on your own or even implying it.

Check again…

Attachments:

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

Hi there! My name is Boottspurr, and I don’t post in the forums very often but I’d just like to say a little something to everyone here in this matchup thread.

First off, the above sentiment is something that I can’t disagree with more. When ArenaNet set up WvW, they set it up as a match-up between 3 servers. If they wanted it to be a completely direct mano-à-mano fight, it would have been 2 servers pitted against each other every week, not 3. If they wanted it to be a FAIR fight between 3 servers, they would have somehow set it up so that each server has exactly the same amount of people playing at any given time. Instead, what we have is, more often than not, a fight between 3 servers with a fairly different level competitiveness between one another.

So, what does this mean? Does this mean that ArenaNet fully intended for each server to be an island and fight in such a way so that each contest is Pre-determined even before we step on the field? Why even show up in that case, what would be the point of fighting besides just having a few good fights – which could easily be had with some other game-type. I say NO. I say this is EXACTLY what ArenaNet intended when they set up WvW with 3 servers.

Now I’m going to try to explain why I think how this matchup went down makes a case for WvW Seasons to continue. First, a little background information:

I don’t speak for my entire server, but as an Ehmry Bay player since Beta, I’m not overly fond of Borlis Pass in WvW. We have history. I mean it’s not like I hate those guys, but if we can avoid placing below them in Season 1, we’re going to do whatever we can to make that happen. Currently we’re tied for 4th with them, but they’re going to win this week – so unless we expect to come in FIRST next week (which we don’t), we REALLY need to avoid placing third this week to have a chance of tying them.
Yak’s Bend is currently a few points behind SBI for second. They, obviously, want to come in second rather than 3rd. This means that they were going to have to win this week if they wanted a chance to even tie SBI for 2nd, but last time they faced them they lost. Something had to change.
Coming into the week, I believe one or two guilds on YB were talking to one on EB and brought up the idea of helping each other out. Nothing was decided, and come Reset night the idea was thrown out with the responsible party from YB coming to the Ehmry forum and letting them know there was going to be no formal pact – every server for themself – with the caviat that “We will be focusing SBI, however. You guys are savvy enough to work out how to make the most of that situation.” And that we did.

So during the week while YB focused SBI, Ehmry played their part – keeping our Home BL locked down as best we could and taking what we could get from SBI, while also taking just enough from YB without kitten ing them off. ONLY in the last couple of days has there been some serious collab between YB and EB, and ONLY because we’re soooo cloooose to 2nd. So why are they helping us get the 2nd rather than just being happy with their win? Because of next week.

SBI is against FA and DB next week, so that will be an interesting matchup. SBI will probably come in second, but anything can happen and might come in 1st (if they play it smart…). YB’s matchup is with EB and BP – THAT is where things get interesting. In order to secure their 2nd place finish for the Season, YB will likely have to place 1st. The best way to ensure this is the give EB a reason to try and beat BP rather than YB. Since EB now has a hope of tying BP, they’ve given us a reason to attack BP instead of YB.
So there’s the logic behind it all. It’s pretty straightforward. It’s not underhanded, it’s not deceitful, it’s just WvW. And SEASONS is what made this all possible. I really really like it.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: SBI should IN NO WAY feel humiliated about coming in 3rd this week. They’re just a victim of these circumstances. They have a right to feel like the 2v1 is unfair, but at the same time they also have a right to do the same thing to FA next week. Besides that, THEY could have been the ones to have an informal alliance with us this week, but I’m pretty sure they didn’t think this outcome was possible.

Thank you for your time.

TL;DR: There is a 2v1 going on, it’s super tactical and what I think WvW is supposed to be all about. SBI shouldn’t feel bad about what happened, they’re just a victim of the Season.

Best explanation of the situation I’ve read yet…and for the record, I got rolled by plenty of EB players during the week. It wasn’t all sharing cookies and picking flowers together. I run into EB tags, I assume they will try to take me out.

At the end of the day, I salute all the WvW players.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

what was I thinking.

You seem to know an awful lot about the matchup for not having played but once or twice. And are you really going to keep playing that “we didnt have numbers card”? It was a holiday, and an ESO weekend and a fractals patch week for every server in the matchup. And yeah we know that in a server to server lineup you guys have more people than us and generally more coverage. we know that. we also knew that if we could knock you down the first couple days, you wouldnt get back up. That was all yaks bend. What you are seeing from Wednesday through today is a direct result of the forum whining and a deep rooted desire to disgrace your server to the highest extent possible. That is why we are setting aside our pride for being able to say that we could have beat you bloody by 200k, but we’d rather ebay get ahead of you. you have yourself and your forum warrior friends to thank for that.

And who really cares about lance armstrong? and how did we take ped’s? nothing about that analogy made any sense bud.

Oh..So that’s when you decided to set aside your pride…not ya know.. at the start of the match when you were relying on Ebay to tag team us and leave you alone.

Nor the middle of the match….. when you continued doing it……..Nope… it was at the very end you decided to set aside that pride of yours…..which cost you the victory of being able to say “Yes we beat SBI with the help another server by 200k points”

How Noble of you.

Also really.. is that lance armstrong analogy that confusing? He did everything he could possibly do to win….He relied on Peds.. you relied on Ebay… he Bragged about it…you Bragged about it..

how is that confusing..

Maybe I should of used Barry Bonds.

in Match-ups

Black Scoutsman.5830

we also knew that if we could knock you down the first couple days, you wouldnt get back up. That was all yaks bend.

He says that like he actually thinks it’s true lol

I do because since the first week the game came out, I’ve never seen our server so focused.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yodaman.3274

Yodaman.3274

Wanted to thank all the participants in this matchup for making it one of the most entertaining of the entire season.

Also, planned or unplanned 2v1’s happen all the time (any FA players can remember the matches against CD/TC or BG/TC long time back) but overall if you find yourself on the side of one of those you have options:

Option #1: Whine and complain about how bad it is being hit from all sides. (not very helpful, makes you look weak, and overall bad for server morale. See example SBI in this thread)

Option #2: Praise the matchup for delivering you non stop fights and more loot bags than you could possibly have merchants for.

Option #3: Find a hardy objective that will undoubtly be a main target of the 2v1 and follow some guidelines posted by [HL] on FA and enjoy the lootbag service that the enemy alliance has given you.

and finally Option #4: Leave to PVE, or to the next bandwagon server so that you can feel superior again.

Main point being, no point is so much whining, do what you can, and if you have the right minded guilds on your server you will preserve regardless about how overwhelming the odds may be.

FA [BOSS]/ Ragarok Lvl 80 Ele/ Invisabelle Lvl 80 Mes/ Oni Sa Lvl 80 Thief/Hammon Lvl 80 Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Yak’s and EBay holding hands.

Was fun fighting you for a bit, ty for the vid. Always fun to see these.
Had to split off quickly as we were doing no dmg to you at all and had to stop the yaks going to gar. Was guard the only glass on the team?

Cheers
Lion of the Wind
SoCo

I really don’t know what builds they are running as those aren’t their mains (except for Styliii, I think). I suspect they are running balanced builds though. I’m tanky to power-based damage due to dire, of course.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

So….Our Chest Thumping is what made Yaks want to tag team us.. that is why before the match even started they asked for Ebays Help..

Gotcha.

Leagues have been going on for 6 weeks now. You’ve seen both of us before. In fact, you probably still have blood from my corpse on your boot from the last matchup.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Gotcha.

Leagues have been going on for 6 weeks now. You’ve seen both of us before.

Were we chest thumping in those threads?

in Match-ups

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Wanted to thank all the participants in this matchup for making it one of the most entertaining of the entire season.

Also, planned or unplanned 2v1’s happen all the time (any FA players can remember the matches against CD/TC or BG/TC long time back) but overall if you find yourself on the side of one of those you have options:

Option #1: Whine and complain about how bad it is being hit from all sides. (not very helpful, makes you look weak, and overall bad for server morale. See example SBI in this thread)

Option #2: Praise the matchup for delivering you non stop fights and more loot bags than you could possibly have merchants for.

Option #3: Find a hardy objective that will undoubtly be a main target of the 2v1 and follow some guidelines posted by [HL] on FA and enjoy the lootbag service that the enemy alliance has given you.

and finally Option #4: Leave to PVE, or to the next bandwagon server so that you can feel superior again.

Main point being, no point is so much whining, do what you can, and if you have the right minded guilds on your server you will preserve regardless about how overwhelming the odds may be.

This. The people who stayed and are farming both us and Ebay at Lowlands atm should be praised IMO, compare that to Xsorus who instead of helping his server is on the forums the whole time complaining. Matches like these are the ones that show who is a fairweather or not, and by how many people stopped playing after the weekend SBi has a ton.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jovez.6412

Jovez.6412

While the 2v1 was a logical and demoralizing strategy, it really wasn’t the most frustrating aspect of this week. We eventually took back second place and were maintaining a solid hold of this up until yesterday.

I recall being dead in EB BL’s hills after repeated (somewhat) coordinated attacks by YB and EB. We eventually lost hills to YB while EB was downing another inner gate. Then the two “zergs” (for lack of a better term) met up and I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many “/salute” and “/wave” emotes between two servers. Pretty classy. A few minutes later, the keep belonged to EB.

This morning was the true nail in the coffin. Slowly, but surely almost all of YB’s holdings on EBG and their BL turned blue allowing EB to tic at close to 400pts for quite some time. I find it very hard to believe that EB took those holdings without Yb simply ignoring them.

I really don’t have a huge issue with YB finishing first this week as they did put in a solid effort with good siege defense (far better than ours) and good fights in open field play. My issue is with the blatant match manipulation that has gone on today. I realize that this is just a game, but this really strikes me as a rather unsportsmanlike and clkitten thing to do.

If EB could take 2nd from us legitimately, fine. However, to have it happen in this way is pretty unfortunate for the game as whole.

Also, to anyone who feels the need to make a reference to “QQ” here, I would love to see your reactions to this situation if the shoe was on the other foot.

Anyways, good luck next week.

in Match-ups

Black Scoutsman.5830

what was I thinking.

Oh..So that’s when you decided to set aside your pride…not ya know.. at the start of the match when you were relying on Ebay to tag team us and leave you alone.

Nor the middle of the match….. when you continued doing it……..Nope… it was at the very end you decided to set aside that pride of yours…..which cost you the victory of being able to say “Yes we beat SBI with the help another server by 200k points”

How Noble of you.

Also really.. is that lance armstrong analogy that confusing? He did everything he could possibly do to win….He relied on Peds.. you relied on Ebay… he Bragged about it…you Bragged about it..

how is that confusing..

Except it’s not cheating lol. Nowhere in any code of conduct released by anet that me or anyone else has signed does it say that 2 servers attacking one is against “the rules”. there are no rules. It’s wvwvw. If 2 worlds decide its in their best interest to attack the third, then that’s the breaks. Yaks couldnt have beat ebay and sbi if they double teamed us. no sense trying to say we could. The bragging about beating you is simple trolling. And you sir, have a very large bag of troll food you are carrying around.

And again, you seem to care an awful lot about this matchup that you arent playing in. you didnt do kitten to help your server this week, so why are you so fired up? you clearly dont have any strong allegiances to this game or SBI, which makes you one of the hundreds that we like to call “fairweathers”.

in Match-ups

Posted by: soulblazer.3807

soulblazer.3807

I can’t imagine that this is what Arena net had in mind when they introduced “competitive league play”.

Hi there! My name is Boottspurr, and I don’t post in the forums very often but I’d just like to say a little something to everyone here in this matchup thread.

……

( i reduced the quote because your msg is pretty long)
ALL OF THIS. You, good sir, are one who understands the game. This is exactly what happenned and why this week was so epic.

Everyone needs to pick themselves up, wipe the sweat, tears and blood and get ready for next week because it’s gonna be another fun one. GL to everyone.

http://youtu.be/cK5cTFHc_9E?t=1m18s

ign: soulblazer – nex sicarii – soulsangis
[SCTY] leader on Yak’s Bend.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

This. The people who stayed and are farming both us and Ebay at Lowlands atm should be praised IMO, compare that to Xsorus who instead of helping his server is on the forums the whole time complaining. Matches like these are the ones that show who is a fairweather or not, and by how many people stopped playing after the weekend SBi has a ton.

You’re confusing complaining with trolling.

You’re also assuming I’m at my house right now

Also, you keep talking about fairweathers….Don’t get me wrong, SBI has a lot of them…. But who’s the fair weather…Us who almost came in 2nd despite a 2v1 and some serious hand holding

and who you barely managed to break probably what.. 100k by the end of the night on..

Or you

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/40/119

Who couldn’t handle a 1v1v1 before you gave up.

in Match-ups

Black Scoutsman.5830

Also, you keep talking about fairweathers….Don’t get me wrong, SBI has a lot of them…. But who’s the fair weather…Us who almost came in 2nd despite a 2v1 and some serious hand holding

and who you barely managed to break probably what.. 100k by the end of the night on..

Or you

I bet you played ALOT that week didnt you? how many world ranks did you farm. Hang on while i show you my impressed face.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

what was I thinking.

How Noble of you.

how is that confusing..

Except it’s not cheating lol. Nowhere in any code of conduct released by anet that me or anyone else has signed does it say that 2 servers attacking one is against “the rules”. there are no rules. It’s wvwvw. If 2 worlds decide its in their best interest to attack the third, then that’s the breaks. Yaks couldnt have beat ebay and sbi if they double teamed us. no sense trying to say we could. The bragging about beating you is simple trolling. And you sir, have a very large bag of troll food you are carrying around.

And again, you seem to care an awful lot about this matchup that you arent playing in. you didnt do kitten to help your server this week, so why are you so fired up? you clearly dont have any strong allegiances to this game or SBI, which makes you one of the hundreds that we like to call “fairweathers”.

Reading your post..I’m starting to question if you actually know what fairweather actually means..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Synd.7982

Synd.7982

Very good point
Is also exactly why they 2vs1d SBI. Neither server has proved to do anything on their own yet. Hey maybe they’ll get lucky and keep getting matched together..

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

What I’m wondering, and I think Yak’s Bay is also wondering, is why it took all week to push SBI to third.

I mean, if Ali had to fight Frazier and Foreman at the same time I’m pretty sure he’d have gone down in the early rounds, if not the first. The fact that a coordinated doubleteam wasn’t successful until the final day of the match says a lot more about YB and Ebay than it does about SBI. Let’s be honest here for a second, SBI should have been blown out in this match by both other servers. This mad dash to push Ebay out of third on the last day has to be a little embarrassing for you guys.

It can also say something about coverage. Ebay does not have the coverage to compete with SBI on more than 2 maps, period. YB may have been the same…but overall, it seemed like a lot of your players didn’t know what to do this week.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

I’m not even from SBI, but this is the most disgusting thing i’ve seen. It totally goes against the integrity of the game.

I feel sorry for Borlis Pass whom will have to deal with this same double team and will finish 5th because of this alliance.

I’m from BP and I love the strategy between YB and EB. (I’d like to think it was planned, despite YB/EB’s denial.) I think this match-up is amazing and I love how the under dogs are slaying Goliath.

Anyways, if they apply the same strategy next week against us, it wouldn’t matter much. If we come in 3rd and EB in 2nd, we’ll tie with EB for League 4th place. And I would be absolutely okay with that. Heck, I’d prefer that.

Champion Hunter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Or you

World English Dictionary

fair-weather

— adj
1. suitable for use in fair weather only
2. not reliable or present in situations of hardship or difficulty (esp in the phrase fair-weather friend )

I can’t remember, was it you that said you were playing a lot of LOTRO this week? This has been hard times for SBI who have repeatedly claimed that their numbers are severly depleted from normal…

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Or you

I bet you played ALOT that week didnt you? how many world ranks did you farm. Hang on while i show you my impressed face.

Not a whole lot…I think you probably think I play this game more then I do.

My played time would blow you away.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fett.9573

fett.9573

Or you

World English Dictionary

fair-weather

— adj
2. not reliable or present in situations of hardship or difficulty (esp in the phrase fair-weather friend )

I can’t remember, was it you that said you were playing a lot of LOTRO this week? This has been hard times for SBI who have repeatedly claimed that their numbers are severly depleted from normal…

Bandwagon derailment can be tragic at times. Perhaps he just needs a moment to collect himself and accept the outcome of the match.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Or you

World English Dictionary

fair-weather

— adj

I can’t remember, was it you that said you were playing a lot of LOTRO this week? This has been hard times for SBI who have repeatedly claimed that their numbers are severely depleted from normal…

That’s implying I play a lot to begin with.

Lets put it this way, I played as much this week as I do every week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: soulblazer.3807

soulblazer.3807

if your game time is anywhere near your forum time i will be blown away.

ign: soulblazer – nex sicarii – soulsangis
[SCTY] leader on Yak’s Bend.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Yes. SBI is pushing hard now.

I Told you smack talking clowns before… You aren’t facing the true SBI force.

SBI consists predominantly of Americans and thus, Our Major American Holiday effects us far more than it effects you.

Talk all the Smack you want.. It’s not an excuse. It’s a Fact.

I’m excited to meet yaks or Ebay again. Without their puss-mode, scrub alliance….
and without the Holiday week mid match.

You folks are in for a REAL treat : )

While Yaks and EB may have earned their place in the same category as SBI. They simply cannot beat us Straight up.

Straight up is the Full force of SBI vs the Full force of Yaks or EB.

They couldn’t beat us in the past.

Enjoy your opportunistic victory…

Hope to see you both… REAL soon.

Onmicidal SBI.

I’m not exactly sure what your ‘boo-ya’ moment is in reference to. Is it because you are ticking as high as YB and 60 or so higher than EBay? It’s not the first time this week we’ve seen SBI field a competitive team. That’s kind of the point of this whole week. No matter what you do, you still don’t win even though based on past results you should anyways.

irony in that is you shouldn’t be in second place at all. and you wouldn’t be if not for the server in first place.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Markan.3460

Markan.3460

The key factor here is the league as it actually gives a definite planning horizon and generates a reason (and they have been detailed earlier in the thread) for 2 players to focus a third larger server.

To be honest I think WvW will be a better place if being the stacked server made you the likely target rather than an easy winner. That would be one way of discouraging people from stacking onto already heavily populated servers.

At the end of the day, if we had expected a balanced three-way scrap then peoples motivations would have been far less easy to predict.

The Older Gamers – Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

My game time doesn’t compete…See when I’m tired, I actually sub in a little Chinese kid to post for me……

I’m actually surprised you don’t do the same

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

My game time doesn’t compete…See when I’m tired, I actually sub in a little Chinese kid to post for me……

I’m actually surprised you don’t do the same

How’d you kno-

Nevermind, forget I say anything. No one will know…

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”