Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

Oh my god…

I think folks we are approaching critical mass.

LET’kitten 30 pages!

We can do it guys!

maybe, still have a few hours

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arya Whitefire.8423

Arya Whitefire.8423

And it doesn’t matter whether the troll represented SBI or not, the damage was done on YB’s side of things, so it HAD to be done to SBI’s side of things, to keep the match even.

So you got trolled, possibly by someone on your own server, and your response was to actively cheat against SBI?

Read the forum history, a 30ap account is not a person from our server trolling, it’s someone who made a brand spanking new account, just to cause problems.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

Jeez ya go away on vacation for a couple days and come back to craziness on the boards! Just wanted to say before we left for vacation I had a great time and some fun fights against both servers. Some great players on both sides. I know I died a whole lot more than I wanted too in a few of those fights :o) Good luck SBI in your next match up and also to EBay (but not too much luck hehe

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

HNNG SO CLOSE TO 30 PAGES.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

It got you motivated enough to do it right back?

That is really unfortunate result, but the bonehead who started it probably should have thought of that possible outcome before he started.

I don’t know if this guy was well known and of a prominent guild (think he was wearing such a tag) but when things like this happened long ago on YB, with the orbs and such, our WvW and guild leaders quickly acted to punish and correct them. If that could’ve have happened here, SBI policing their own, maybe it wouldn’t have escalated.

So you’ll have no problem policing own then,

I told you the name of the person was doing it..

http://imgur.com/a/XIDnC

Here, have some screenshots

All you had to is put up defensive sieges quicker than they can build. It’s not hard instead of watching them take all your supplies.

Then why did it happen to your server as well?

Because it did?

All I see from your post is QQ’ing and trying to validate reasons why SBI lost. Get over it.

We all know why SBI lost, 2v1..

lets be honest, at first it wasn’t a 2v1 at all…. YB just took the lead with every world been que’d for 3 days… we attacked both EB and SBI…
later however we found out that it is in our best interest help EB. which would increase our odds of getting second….

-MagPro Yaks Bend

I will say that for us on SBI this week…..my god this was the worst case of player sabotage I have EVER seen or can remember. This was multiple people, dedicated with one goal: to ensure our keeps had zero supplies. And at least one of them I talked to, I actually got a response, and he admitted he was doing it on purpose. I will not post the screenshot as that could be against forum rules, but I will say all the signs were there as well. It was an up-level character, and his achieve points was less than 100. So he was using the age old tactic of deleting his character(s) to be able to transfer for free to a new server. Then had all his siege mailed to him, probably from his main. These sabotages built junk siege everywhere, and ordered worthless upgrades to our keeps and even towers, ensuring that our upgrades never finished and we had zero supplies in them.
I can not remember it ever being this bad before. The worst part that there is literally NOTHING we can do to stop it. Reporting this guy a thousand times will do nothing, because it will take Anet weeks to ban these grievers/spies.
Now the obvious 2v1 alliance of Yak’s Bend and E Bay….well that’s a different story.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

(edited by Fallout.1798)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

So cheating is fine as long as it benefits you

Just like I said before.

Except no, wrong again, it didn’t benefit us. Nor did it hurt you. It was net even when done on both sides.

Like the example I gave in the past, when YB people cheated and stole orbs, our server left open our keep for the other team to take it back. Even though the cheaters had no affiliation or direction with anyone known!

We were thanked and applauded by our enemies. Unfortunately, I saw no SBI leaders step up and take responsibility for their cheater in this way, to make the match even again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

And it doesn’t matter whether the troll represented SBI or not, the damage was done on YB’s side of things, so it HAD to be done to SBI’s side of things, to keep the match even.

So you got trolled, possibly by someone on your own server, and your response was to actively cheat against SBI?

Read the forum history, a 30ap account is not a person from our server trolling, it’s someone who made a brand spanking new account, just to cause problems.

And you assumed it was someone from our server and not someone just trolling?

Is that why you support the guy who ended up cheating from Yaks?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

I rely on Anet to monitor their game. If I had the opportunity, I would have banned the people griefing in an instant. No ifs ands or buts. But it isn’t up to me.

I am not defending them at all. I was simply using YOUR logic to explain how it is wrong to take matters into your own hands. The original griefer could have seen YB doing something less than savory, like spotting a spy. Based on YOUR logic, evening the score is justified, and so he was justified in wasting your supplies.

I do not agree with that logic, but apparently you do, because evening the score is something you condone.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kbenton.4915

kbenton.4915

The most infamous match up and forum posts of all time. This just told me that seasons are actually ok. Great fun this week, and remember, it’s a game

Yak’s Bend Thief (P/D) [HvC]

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

I never said I supported him or her, I said I wasn’t in favor of starting a witch hunt.

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

I rely on Anet to monitor their game. If I had the opportunity, I would have banned the people griefing in an instant. No ifs ands or buts. But it isn’t up to me.

I am not defending them at all. I was simply using YOUR logic to explain how it is wrong to take matters into your own hands. The original griefer could have seen YB doing something less than savory, like spotting a spy. Based on YOUR logic, evening the score is justified, and so he was justified in wasting your supplies.

I do not agree with that logic, but apparently you do, because evening the score is something you condone.

What you said = I would like to win based on cheating.

Again, YB did not come out ahead in this exchange.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JetLu.1874

JetLu.1874

Why is Anet not enforcing their own CoC with regards to the obvious map match manipulation.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

Rule 22:
“While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.”

Why even have rule Anet if no one is going to enforce them?

This doesn’t apply to the 2v1 aspect of WvW. Quote from Mike Ferguson’s developers blog back in February 2012 describing the reason 3 servers would be included in the match, instead of a straight 1v1:

We knew right away that we wanted three teams fighting against one another on a series of huge maps in the Mists (our world vs. world battleground) and that each team would be composed of an entire server full of players. Including three forces in world vs. world acts as an excellent balancing factor, preventing one team from growing too powerful and ruining the competitive balance of the game. Two teams can gang up to counter a more dominant third team, a dynamic that simply isn’t possible with only two opposing factions.

So, to all SBI that are complaining that this is unfair, underhanded, poor sportsmanship, against the rules, or otherwise cheating: We are playing WvW exactly as designed, intended and desired by those who created it.

So, you saying Anet created this WvW for cheating and going against the rules? OMG, tell me it isn’t so, I am crushed. I love it when other servers bring up whining, when in fact you are just stating the facts as you see them. Get over this whining, cry baby kitten, a fact is a fact is a fact, PERIOD!!!!

Saw this post from Devon Carver :

Too often the 3rd place team drops off and has no effect on the game other than to stop the 2nd place team be competitive to the 1st place team.

This is an intriguing concept. The original idea behind WvW was that this would happen of its own accord, but I haven’t seen that in practice. I think it could be much more of a part of the game if there were a way to do this. Would it make more sense to provide increased score from this or to increase the individual rewards? I would lean slightly towards the latter. I also wonder if it would work to be really heavy handed about it and actually put the two losing servers on the same team. Of course, that presents numerous problems including score tracking at that juncture. But I would think we can find some sort of system that encourages servers to work together to defeat a bigger server.

Well, kitten. smh.

Crappy WvW player, but I try. SBI

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Its strange, My first reaction when I saw a yak bends player cheating and wasting our keeps supply was not to buy a second account and cheat… ……Guess that comes back that whole pride thing..

in Match-ups

Posted by: drunkrussian.4079

drunkrussian.4079

That is really unfortunate result, but the bonehead who started it probably should have thought of that possible outcome before he started.

I don’t know if this guy was well known and of a prominent guild (think he was wearing such a tag) but when things like this happened long ago on YB, with the orbs and such, our WvW and guild leaders quickly acted to punish and correct them. If that could’ve have happened here, SBI policing their own, maybe it wouldn’t have escalated.

All you had to is put up defensive sieges quicker than they can build. It’s not hard instead of watching them take all your supplies.

Because it did?

All I see from your post is QQ’ing and trying to validate reasons why SBI lost. Get over it.

lets be honest, at first it wasn’t a 2v1 at all…. YB just took the lead with every world been que’d for 3 days… we attacked both EB and SBI…
later however we found out that it is in our best interest help EB. which would increase our odds of getting second….

-MagPro Yaks Bend

I will say that for us on SBI this week…..my god this was the worst case of player sabotage I have EVER seen or can remember. This was multiple people, dedicated with one goal: to ensure our keeps had zero supplies. And at least one of them I talked to, I actually got a response, and he admitted he was doing it on purpose. I will not post the screenshot as that could be against forum rules, but I will say all the signs were there as well. It was an up-level character, and his achieve points was less than 100. So he was using the age old tactic of deleting his character(s) to be able to transfer for free to a new server. Then had all his siege mailed to him, probably from his main. These sabotages built junk siege everywhere, and ordered worthless upgrades to our keeps and even towers, ensuring that our upgrades never finished and we had zero supplies in them.
I can not remember it ever being this bad before.
Now the obvious 2v1 alliance of Yak’s Bend and E Bay….well that’s a different story.

i agree that cheating sucks. i think the accounts that cheated should be ban from WvW or ArenaNet. But the first few days i didnt see any cheating… might been just me

-MagPro Yaks Bend

-MagPro
Yaks Bend (born and proud)

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

I never said I supported him or her, I said I wasn’t in favor of starting a witch hunt.

So you’re not in favor of punishing a cheater if it benefits your server?

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

But I would think we can find some sort of system that encourages servers to work together to defeat a bigger server.

Well, kitten. smh.

We already have a system for that. One server acts like big mouths on the forum. Kind of hard to create on demand though.

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

If we had started it, I would be all for it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Because it did?

-MagPro Yaks Bend

I can not remember it ever being this bad before. The worst part is that there is literally NOTHING we can do to stop it. It would take Anet weeks to ban these grievers/spies.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

Its strange, My first reaction when I saw a yak bends player cheating and wasting our keeps supply was not to buy a second account and cheat… ……Guess that comes back that whole pride thing..

You didn’t need to, already had trolls doing it for you.

Again, this never happened to any near degree in any match involving YB prior to this. Not since orbs have we dealt with such immaturity. I’m sure it won’t be a problem next week either. And maybe you can rationale things in your next thread too and we’ll meanwhile have a cheating free match, thankfully

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

It’s kinda interesting where people draw their lines at lately.

I mean, obviously SBI is fine with PvDooring, bandwagoning, and zerging servers with four times their numbers, and winning Coverage Wars against empty servers.

But suddenly, a 2v1 is totally and completely out of line? Really? SBI was predicted to win this matchup, so in reality, the bottom two servers are focusing the ‘top’ server. This is a design that Anet relied on when making WvW in the first place.

So, really, just stop complaining. 2v1’s suck, but it’s no different from fighting a server with literally twice your numbers—which Ebay has fought for the past, ohhh, six weeks?

Everyone in this matchup knows SBI can put the bodies on the ground. Heck, yesterday, they managed to muster a huge force that pushed BOTH YB and EB hard, out of their lands and took them to 300+ PPT.

So, really, SBI, what you’re feeling now is what your opponents in Silver League have felt every time they’ve fought against you (with the exceptions of YB and FA).

So…yeah. Welcome to our world. Hope it’s taught you a bit of empathy.

To me it is NOT the 2v1…the way this game is designed 2v1 must happen. I played warhammer long enough to see the pitfalls of realm vs realm and see the need for a 3rd faction. But 2v1 should happen organically. The way the maps are laid out promotes 2v1 if you are using sound strategies.

An out of game agreement to 2v1 one server just to effect the natural outcome of a match and then a refocus and relinquishing of assets to the other server with the sole intention to “manipulate” the league standings……..well, if not against the COC is certainly is not ethical and not a strategy that reflects on your superior skill. Not something I would be proud to have been a part of. The one time it was even hinted at on SBI it caused something of an uproar against it on our forums. We wanted to win or lose on our own merit.

Using the logic I have seen here it would be just fine to YB and EB if lots of SBI made accounts on their servers just so we could sabotage your WvW? …just a legitimate strategy that we should chest thump about if it works and then gloat about how good we are. o.O

Hope the big asterisks that will always be attached to these 1st and 2nd place finishes don’t hurt much when you sit down….or come back to bite you much…karma can be a kitten….I wonder if finishing 2nd in silver would mean a promotion to gold for Yaks next season…if so gratz….and I would start working on those 2v1 arrangements now guys…you will need them.

Whatever you say about SBI at least we win or lose our own battles.

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Yerffejy.6538

What you said = I would like to win based on cheating.

Again, YB did not come out ahead in this exchange.

I don’t see how. Except for me saying retaliatory cheating is not okay. And it isn’t.

Orbs can be returned, wasted upgrades cannot. And even if SBI were to give recompense for a griefers actions, less than an hour or so after I read the accusations of SBI griefing, we had YB griefers, multiple on every map, griefing.

So after that, you lost all consideration for any compensation, seeing as you didn’t wait for any honorable action, but stooped to a low road, and continue to defend YOUR griefers.

in Match-ups

JetLu.1874

Why is Anet not enforcing their own CoC with regards to the obvious map match manipulation.

Rule 22:
“While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.”

This doesn’t apply to the 2v1 aspect of WvW. Quote from Mike Ferguson’s developers blog back in February 2012 describing the reason 3 servers would be included in the match, instead of a straight 1v1:

We knew right away that we wanted three teams fighting against one another on a series of huge maps in the Mists (our world vs. world battleground) and that each team would be composed of an entire server full of players. Including three forces in world vs. world acts as an excellent balancing factor, preventing one team from growing too powerful and ruining the competitive balance of the game. Two teams can gang up to counter a more dominant third team, a dynamic that simply isn’t possible with only two opposing factions.

So, to all SBI that are complaining that this is unfair, underhanded, poor sportsmanship, against the rules, or otherwise cheating: We are playing WvW exactly as designed, intended and desired by those who created it.

So, you saying Anet created this WvW for cheating and going against the rules? OMG, tell me it isn’t so, I am crushed. I love it when other servers bring up whining, when in fact you are just stating the facts as you see them. Get over this whining, cry baby kitten, a fact is a fact is a fact, PERIOD!!!!

Too often the 3rd place team drops off and has no effect on the game other than to stop the 2nd place team be competitive to the 1st place team.

This is an intriguing concept. The original idea behind WvW was that this would happen of its own accord, but I haven’t seen that in practice. I think it could be much more of a part of the game if there were a way to do this. Would it make more sense to provide increased score from this or to increase the individual rewards? I would lean slightly towards the latter. I also wonder if it would work to be really heavy handed about it and actually put the two losing servers on the same team. Of course, that presents numerous problems including score tracking at that juncture. But I would think we can find some sort of system that encourages servers to work together to defeat a bigger server.

Well kitten. Curse you Anet for putting ideas into peoples heads. I dunno, I think it is really an insult to a persons intelligence that Anet feels they have to plant suggestions into the minds of their players. I mean come on, there are some really smart people playing this game.

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

Benefit no. Make even? Not the same thing.

Again, when Yaks Bend’s players cheated in the past, our server gave voluntarily compensation.

Your position is equivalent to saying you would be perfectly fine to win by cheating.

And that if your opponent unfairly loses 2000 supply and 10 golems you do not think its fair to lose the same thing. You would prefer playing with the advantage. Excellent sportsmanship.

Probably why it started in the first place, SBI expected to get away with it.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Rule 22:

Well kitten. Curse you Anet for putting ideas into peoples heads. I dunno, I think it is really an insult to a persons intelligence that Anet feels they have to plant suggestions into the minds of their players. I mean come on, there are some really smart people playing this game.

This wasn’t a suggestion, it is something that was fleshed out in another game… Dark Age of Camelot. It was 3 realms fighting each other, and double teaming happened all the time. I guess because it was more a part of the strategy then, it wasn’t QQ’ed as much as it is now. Still a viable strategy, and it happens all the time, just not to the extent it happened this week.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

Come on guys, we can do it. Almost to 30 pages.

Quick, say something about 2v1, cheating, trolling, ESO weekend, thanksgiving, open world combat, sieges, fairweather players, and bandwagons. We haven’t covered those topics yet!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

If you liked this match up, don’t forget to join For Balanced Match up

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Benefit no. Make even? Not the same thing.

Again, when Yaks Bend’s players cheated in the past, our server gave voluntarily compensation.

Your position is equivalent to saying you would be perfectly fine to win by cheating.

And that if your opponent unfairly loses 2000 supply and 10 golems you do not think its fair to lose the same thing. You would prefer playing with the advantage. Excellent sportsmanship.

Probably why it started in the first place, SBI expected to get away with it.

So, cheating is fine as long as it benefits you… That’s what your argument keeps coming back to….someone cheated, You’re not even sure if it was SBI, so you supported intentional cheating against your opponent. Hell, the arguments you’re making me start wonder…You sent this player siege so waste our supply didn’t you… I’m getting that vibe from you, that’s why you support it so much.

in Match-ups

Posted by: icecreamsupernova.8956

icecreamsupernova.8956

lol you guys have zero integrity left.. its hilarious. The rest of the servers will see this and forever remember the scrubs you are. I hope it was worth it.

sbi (shhh)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

If you liked this match up, don’t forget to join For Balanced Match up

Of course!

How can we all be so blind!

The match was fixed from before anything else, we were all played for fools!

:O

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

I don’t see how. Except for me saying retaliatory cheating is not okay. And it isn’t.

Orbs can be returned, wasted upgrades cannot. And even if SBI were to give recompense for a griefers actions, less than an hour or so after I read the accusations of SBI griefing, we had YB griefers, multiple on every map, griefing.

So after that, you lost all consideration for any compensation, seeing as you didn’t wait for any honorable action, but stooped to a low road, and continue to defend YOUR griefers.

Right and fair is not the same thing.

If we lose 2000 supply and then you lose 2000 supply both through cheating, neither is right, but purely math wise, match score wise, it is fair, and neither gets an advantage.

Otherwise your position is no different than saying you are fine to win by cheating and expect no consequences if you have an unfair advantage. How in the world is that position sportsmanlike?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

Xsorus’s the hero GW2 deserves, but not the one it needs right now…

I really have fun reading you… its like if you were literally drown in your self-righteousness XD

All classes

in Match-ups

Posted by: drunkrussian.4079

drunkrussian.4079

Come on guys, we can do it. Almost to 30 pages.

Quick, say something about 2v1, cheating, trolling, ESO weekend, thanksgiving, open world combat, sieges, fairweather players, and bandwagons. We haven’t covered those topics yet!

we also need to talk about spying, zergin, siege combat, pvp rules

-MagPro
Yaks Bend (born and proud)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merrikk.6790

Merrikk.6790

2v1, cheating, trolling, ESO weekend, thanksgiving, open world combat, sieges, fairweather players, and bandwagons

cheating, trolling, and ESO, oh my!

Yak’s Bend [LOOT][POV]

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

I really have fun reading you… its like if you were literally drown in your self-righteousness XD

That’s not self-righteousness, that’s called not supporting cheating.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

So, cheating is fine as long as it benefits you… That’s what your argument keeps coming back to….someone cheated, You’re not even sure if it was SBI, so you supported intentional cheating against your opponent. Hell, the arguments you’re making me start wonder…You sent this player siege so waste our supply didn’t you… I’m getting that vibe from you, that’s why you support it so much.

Like normal you are acting like this person is the voice of Yaks Bend, he is not. I doubt most of our server thinks that it is okay with people getting a new account and griefing SBi after it happened to us. I hope the people who did it didn’t have anything to do with our main commanders, because if they did that would kitten me off tremendously.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

If we lose 2000 supply and then you lose 2000 supply both through cheating, neither is right, but purely math wise, match score wise, it is fair, and neither gets an advantage.

Otherwise your position is no different than saying you are fine to win by cheating and expect no consequences if you have an unfair advantage. How in the world is that position sportsmanlike?

pend, if you don’t mind me asking, what guild you in?

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

So, cheating is fine as long as it benefits you… That’s what your argument keeps coming back to….someone cheated

Amazing but you just described your own position! You expected your side to cheat, get an advantage, and have nothing done about it. Bravo sir!

I would not like someone on YB to start cheating. But if they did, I would understand perfectly fine if a SBI player came back and cheated the same way back to make it even.

Especially if our server did not make an effort in any way to punish the player or offer in-game compensation, by not attacking a keep for however long, or letting the other team have a free camp for however long.

What we’ve established. I’m for fairness. You, unfairness.

in Match-ups

Krash.9486

I vote for 30 pages

in Match-ups

Krash.9486

I vote for 30 pages

dang I thought that one would be it! o.O

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Like normal you are acting like this person is the voice of Yaks Bend, he is not. I doubt most of our server thinks that it is okay with people getting a new account and griefing SBi after it happened to us. I hope the people who did it didn’t have anything to do with our main commanders, because if they did that would kitten me off tremendously.

I don’t believe he’s the voice of Yak’s Bend, and I doubt most of your server supports it…Hence why I kept asking the guy from Acid what he was going to do about his guild mate cheating.

These guys seem to believe there is an excuse for it.

you obviously don’t support cheating to “even” things up..

in Match-ups

Yerffejy.6538

You have no way of knowing who started it. There is no way to know. I don’t know. And that is the problem with your logic. For all we know, YB could have had a spy. And so someone “evened the score.”

And let me remind you, no one on YB waited for recompense. Your first reaction was to immediately send people over to SBI to do the same. You didn’t wait for something honorable, you jumped into the mud and started slinging. I wouldn;t be surprised if MORE people went to YB after seeing how you reacted.

What you support is a losing situation for everyone, and is not okay. None of the YB cheaters thought “They wasted X amount of siege and X amount of golems, so I will equally waste their supply and golems to an equal number for fairness.”

That logic is not enforceable, and it is why I say report and hope Anet reacts with a heavy banhammer. Condoning evening the score only makes things worse.

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

[/quote]

Feel free to PM me in game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I don’t believe he’s the voice of Yak’s Bend, and I doubt most of your server supports it…Hence why I kept asking the guy from Acid what he was going to do about his guild mate cheating.

These guys seem to believe there is an excuse for it.

you obviously don’t support cheating to “even” things up..

Acid seems to be a complete troll guild.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

You have no way of knowing who started it. There is no way to know. I don’t know. And that is the problem with your logic. For all we know, YB could have had a spy. And so someone “evened the score.”

That’s bullcrap.

This was something impossible to ignore. A guy sitting in a keep for hours eating every supply that came in, running dozens of stacked golems to their deaths, and going around starting useless upgrade at any stocked holding.

If this was being done first on SBI it would have been posted about here, screen shootd or someone would have contacted YB players about it.

I really am stunned that SBI is trying to act like a victim over this.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

So, cheating is fine as long as it benefits you… That’s what your argument keeps coming back to….someone cheated

Amazing but you just described your own position! You expected your side to cheat, get an advantage, and have nothing done about it. Bravo sir!

I would not like someone on YB to start cheating. But if they did, I would understand perfectly fine if a SBI player came back and cheated the same way back to make it even.

Especially if our server did not make an effort in any way to punish the player or offer in-game compensation, by not attacking a keep for however long, or letting the other team have a free camp for however long.

What we’ve established. I’m for fairness. You, unfairness.

Oh…so now I expected my side to cheat, get an advantage and not have anything done about it…Gee…I don’t recall making that argument, but I guess a straw man will do

I could of swore my argument was that we shouldn’t support cheating period, and should punish anyone caught cheating… …But hey…You seem think my argument is I expected my side to be able to “get away” with cheating..

Its like you don’t understand the concept that the whole “cheating” thing is bad… and no one should “get away” with it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

That’s not self-righteousness, that’s called not supporting cheating.

Keep repeating that to yourself, like I said I’m having fun reading you. :P

All classes

in Match-ups

JetLu.1874

Rule 22:

This wasn’t a suggestion, it is something that was fleshed out in another game… Dark Age of Camelot. It was 3 realms fighting each other, and double teaming happened all the time. I guess because it was more a part of the strategy then, it wasn’t QQ’ed as much as it is now. Still a viable strategy, and it happens all the time, just not to the extent it happened this week.

I still feel this comment from Devon has suggestive overtones to it. I’ve never heard of Age of Camelot. Go for the honorable win and don’t team up with another server. Winning this by tag teaming with another server, it just loses merits and brings on disrespect.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zhokora.7048

Zhokora.7048

Does this conversation even really have anything relevant going on anymore?

We’ve had plenty of trolling on our own borderlands as SBI be it by our own people or YB. Any other SBIer’s remember Bags building 50 ballistae in SBI BL Hills? I remember they threw on guild tags that tried to point the blame at one server or another.

Trolls can’t be controlled. The best both teams can do is report them, block their communications, and do what they can under the circumstances. It’s not like what any of us say to these people will ever stop them from continuing what they are doing. Even if they do feel the wrath of the banhammer they’ll just create new accounts and get right back to it /because that’s what they do/. It’s not that we’re turning a blind eye, it’s that we can’t effectively stop them nor can they. That’s Anet’s job and they’re doing a bad job of policing it. I see the same idiots that have to be reported by everyone on a borderland constantly remaining a presence.

The only real thing worth bringing up again is that there should be a need for /everyone/ here to learn to respect the other. The voices of one or two bad eggs does not represent the majority and employing tactics to punish the majority is in bad taste.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Feel free to PM me in game.

[/quote]

Why would I PM you in game for your guild name?

Is your guild the CIA or something?

Is there some secretive about your guild name?

If you ask me my guild name i’ll tell you, its Desolate..

What guild are you in?

in Match-ups

Yerffejy.6538

That’s bullcrap.

This was something impossible to ignore. A guy sitting in a keep for hours eating every supply that came in, running dozens of stacked golems to their deaths, and going around starting useless upgrade at any stocked holding.

If this was being done first on SBI it would have been posted about here, screen shootd or someone would have contacted YB players about it.

I really am stunned that SBI is trying to act like a victim over this.

You know someone was griefing. That is all you know. You know nothing else, really.