Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

The key factor here is the league as it actually gives a definite planning horizon and generates a reason (and they have been detailed earlier in the thread) for 2 players to focus a third larger server.

To be honest I think WvW will be a better place if being the stacked server made you the likely target rather than an easy winner. That would be one way of discouraging people from stacking onto already heavily populated servers.

At the end of the day, if we had expected a balanced three-way scrap then peoples motivations would have been far less easy to predict.

Actually agree with this, PPT should be changed to reflect position…It should be far more rewarding to go after the first place server then the 2nd place server if you’re 3rd place…. Just like it should be more rewarding for 2nd place to go after first place and not just using 3rd place as free points.

I think it’d make matches more balanced in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

Just wanted to congratulate YB on the win this week. I have never believed that a formal alliance between two servers could actually work long term. I know many deny it here but I saw too many times when we were fighting both YB and EB for the same ground when they were not fighting each other. And I am sure it wasn’t absolutely every player on both servers. But large guilds on both sides were involved. It has resulted in many fun fights and that is what the majority of SBI players are looking for, it really has been a fun week for me.

Winning the last few matches have been boring and mainly PvD..which kinda made us a little complacent I think. So we were ripe for this kind of upset. Plus we got lots of PPT in those matches almost by accident. We don’t really play the PPT game.

It was disappointing to see that some YB players even after you had a big lead thought it would be funny to troll us with alt accounts on our server. yeah I hear we did too in response. Every server has them I guess…and it doesn’t reflect on the whole server IMO.

What seems to be happening now though seems more like “match manipulation” to me. I have no problem with 2v1’s…that is exactly why there are 3 servers involved so the two weaker can have a chance vs the stronger and every home BL will and should be 2v1 for this format to make sense.

But when the winning server starts trying to influence 2nd place(which will also influence 2nd place in the league) by only focusing one server and seems to even be letting the 3rd place server take their own assists to help them pump up their score…that starts to smell bad IMO.

SBI does not deserve 1st place this week. But we sure don’t deserve 3rd through this kind of manipulation if that is what is going on.

In any case GG YB and EB. Have fun and good hunting. I am sure we will meet again.

There was nothing ‘formal’ about it. There was no alliance. It just sort of evolved into prioritizing SBI.

Bullkitten dude, when we see YB and EB standing next to each other, not attacking, that is an alliance. When we see YB allowing EB to take their towers and camps, that’s an alliance. This whole week until now, YB and EB have kept off each others map. No red points in blue BL and vice versa. It was and is a 2 v 1 against SBI, plain and simple. To not see that simple fact, I have pity for you my good sir, how unfortunate you are in life.

For the record, I could care less about winning 1st, 2nd, or 3rd . . . I just want a fair fight and for people to have a good time and good fights.

Read what I posted again. There was no formal alliance. No agreement. However early in the week it evolved into what it is now – which is just like you said, YB and Ebay are not really attacking each other (there are exceptions). But again, there was no agreement.

Hmmm…well reality and posts on this forum seem to indicate otherwise. EB could not have come back to take 2nd place (which also gives YB sole possession of 2nd place in the league BTW) without YB actively helping them boost their PPT even to the point of letting them take your stuff. We routinely would have to deal with YB defending EBs stuff but never trying to cap it. After YB had locked up 1st.

I guess this:

“While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.”

may be the reason you try to keep denying it. I wonder if Anet enforces their COC…because no matter how you look at it “manipulation” happened.

frankly I couldn’t enjoy a win or 2nd place finish like this anymore than I could enjoy using an aim-bot in a FPS. But some do I guess….can’t feel to good about yourself if you do. Just saying

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: JetLu.1874

JetLu.1874

I have no respect for EB or YB this match. When you see EB and YB meet on the field and not fighting each other, that is a definite yes they are working together. So again I say, cheating is for losers. I have read where some of SBI are giving their congrats to YB, I just have to say, open your eyes. If winning means that much to you that you have to team up with another server to do it, then you deserve no respect, kudos or congratulations.

Crappy WvW player, but I try. SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Culpa.5012

Yak’s Bend + Ehmry Bay……

… Still a better love story than Twilight

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Yak’s Bend + Ehmry Bay……

… Still a better love story than Twilight

lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arya Whitefire.8423

Arya Whitefire.8423

Let’s assume that’s true, it only emphasizes my point. If SBI was unfocused, disorganized, demoralized, etc. the fact that it took all week to pull Ebay out of third place says a lot about YB/Ebay.

We(YB) only really trying to started to push ebay into 2nd last night, though in retrospect, we should’ve started Wednesday night.

Sometime Wednesday, it was obvious to us, that we were going to be 1st no matter what. At that point, we could afford to shift resources into the secondary goal of ensuring you gained only 1 league point from this matchup, instead of 3.

SBI’s main error was not realizing on Wednesday, that they no longer had a chance at 1st, and needed to start fighting for 2nd. An example of your error, would be the huge SBI zerg I saw trying to hit Overlook, not 1 hours before EB ticked ahead of you. That was a complete waste of your limited time and manpower.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

Let’s assume that’s true, it only emphasizes my point. If SBI was unfocused, disorganized, demoralized, etc. the fact that it took all week to pull Ebay out of third place says a lot about YB/Ebay.

We(YB) only really trying to started to push ebay into 2nd last night, though in retrospect, we should’ve started Wednesday night.

Sometime Wednesday, it was obvious to us, that we were going to be 1st no matter what. At that point, we could afford to shift resources into the secondary goal of ensuring you gained only 1 league point from this matchup, instead of 3.

SBI’s main error was not realizing on Wednesday, that they no longer had a chance at 1st, and needed to start fighting for 2nd. An example of your error, would be the huge SBI zerg I saw trying to hit Overlook, not 1 hours before EB ticked ahead of you. That was a complete waste of your limited time and manpower.

Actually our main error in the match was not running eb bls from day one, could have gotten a lot of points there keeping that paper.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Topology.8931

Topology.8931

Actually our main error in the match was not running eb bls from day one, could have gotten a lot of points there keeping that paper.

Yes, I imagine a lot of us were surprised that you didn’t do just that. I certainly was.

In our match against IoJ, it felt like SBI never left their borderlands.

Yak’s Bend – Toposword 80 Warrior [TPR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExoGeni.9248

ExoGeni.9248

USA is most parts of the world? Got it.

Who said I’m in the US . . . I’m from Canada dude, BC to be more specific.

With distasteful posts like the ones you made earlier, we don’t want you here… I hope someone pees on your igloo.

That’s just blatantly racist against the Inuit people, post reported!

It’s actually poking fun at the fact that many south of the border hold a belief that as soon as you cross over to the Canada side it instantly drops to freezing levels. Being Canadian, you know that. However, you are such a poor sport that losing has embittered you to the point where you are being openly hostile and are looking for excuses to lash out. I think you may have missed some important lessons in kindergarten.

Agreed, I thought the joke was pretty freaking funny. I just think Exo has his panties in a bunch over his bandwagon server imploding. As a fellow Canuck (from Halifax) I suggest that you relax dude, it’s just a game

I’m not the one being racist.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fooser.6412

fooser.6412

I don’t expect perfect fairness during imperfect 3 team match-ups. I don’t think it’s really unreasonably though to at least expect the illusion of fairness during these match-ups. If a commander logs on one night and decides they want to be in one servers territory all night that is their business but cross realm communications and coordination is a bit out of line. We don’t really need EB attacking the front of our keep and YB attacking the back at the same time when we’re already down 3,000 points from 2nd place with only a handful of hours left.

SBI
Signet Train / Warrior
Healing Hands / Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

wow, hadnt looked in awhile, looks like they went for the back breaker, even though it would have been better for YB if you had won and then tried to double team aspenwood. You must have really kitten ed them off.

In other news, this has shown a lot of the bad habits that have developed in GW2 mid teir meta.
*2nd an third doesnt matter;
in this case it does, YB was able to be a threat to SBI and theoretically FA by securing and holding second. If they had completely rolled over versus sbi or FA they wouldnt have been able to do this.

Also, sbi should have fought tooth and nail to not lose second earlier, they put EBay into reach of tearing them down

*Only first 3 days matter, this fight wasnt decided until like weds or thurs, before that anything was possible., in fact the shift from 2nd to third was only possible due to the standard weekly drop off, and people believing friday doesnt matter.

*strong server can crush double team easily, unless servers are already close. Just didnt play out here. Maybe YB/ebay were a better alliance than most, But it seems to show the double can even work on big population differences, and coverage gaps.

ah well, sad because this probably means sbi wont show up to fight at all this week, though they could go all sith and seek to turn their hatred into FA downfall. We ll see which path they choose. I wonder If it would work against FA hmm

in Match-ups

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

You are all missing the most important thing of this match. The greatest commander ever in the history of GW2 is on SBI now. Who has pictures of Kalkz getting spiked?

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExoGeni.9248

ExoGeni.9248

Why is Anet not enforcing their own CoC with regards to the obvious map match manipulation.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

Rule 22:
“While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.”

Why even have rule Anet if no one is going to enforce them?

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Why is Anet not enforcing their own CoC with regards to the obvious map match manipulation.

Rule 22:

Hmm……i’m pretty sure that’s just for TPvP…. though that is a pretty good find for trolling hehe

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merrikk.6790

Merrikk.6790

Oh.. well if you’re not ashamed about needing a second server to come in 2nd place this season then you won’t have a problem thanking Ebay for your win.

We didn’t need a 2nd server to come in 2nd place in the leagues. We had that on Tuesday. We did need a 2nd server to put you in 3rd place for this week’s matchup!

Thanks E-bay :*

Yak’s Bend [LOOT][POV]

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Oh.. well if you’re not ashamed about needing a second server to come in 2nd place this season then you won’t have a problem thanking Ebay for your win.

We didn’t need a 2nd server to come in 2nd place in the leagues. We had that on Tuesday. We did need a 2nd server to put you in 3rd place for this week’s matchup!

Thanks E-bay :*

Yes, Ebay didn’t help you at all before Tuesday……grin

in Match-ups

Posted by: Topology.8931

Topology.8931

Rule 22:

That rule appears to apply to structured PvP. If they’d meant WvW, they’d have said WvW.

If you really think they should do something about the match, then report us or make a thread elsewhere for making your case. Complaining here is pointless.

Yak’s Bend – Toposword 80 Warrior [TPR]

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Rule 22:

That rule appears to apply to structured PvP. If they’d meant WvW, they’d have said WvW.

If you really think they should do something about the match, then report us or make a thread elsewhere for making your case. Complaining here is pointless.

Considering Anet broke that rule in their own TPvP tournament..I don’t think you have anything to worry about ;o)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hawks.5736

Hawks.5736

Lot of respect to YB for stomping SBI this week. I stated previously Im a new transfer to SBI from TC so Ive been able to look at things as mostly an outsider, but I have been in WvW regularly this week.

I got talked in to transfering to SBI by some friends(not that I regret it, it was stupid of me to pick TC when all my RL friends were on another server) stating SBI was up and coming in WvW and doing really well. This week showed me that SBI had been relying on karma-train player numbers, and when put under pressure the server broke.

The core WvWers were there but the community seems fragmented due to, I believe, quite a few transfer guilds and startup guilds trying to prove themselves individually. There was not much working together between maps, I saw a lot of “Too many Yaks/EB here, going to another map” by people(including commanders) and the strategy seemed to be to take things where there were no YB or EB.

I think this was good for SBIs WvW community in the long run, and I look forward to more cohesive strategy in future matchups.

-Note that I have never been into WvW much before, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Dexson

(edited by Hawks.5736)

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Interesting to know, Hawks. Now we know how it seemed from your side…and it says a lot. I hope you guys are able to get rid of your fairweather players and rise from the ashes as a more powerful server.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: Treehugga.2398

Treehugga.2398

As an SBI member from the very beginning, while I don’t think the YB+EB alliance , whether intentional initially or not, was a sign of good sportsmanship, I will acknowledge that it is somewhat fair play. Although anet’s code of conduct would convince you otherwise.

I think SBI should move on and just pass the word onto other servers. Perhaps these two will get a taste of their own medicine sooner rather than later.

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

Yes, I imagine a lot of us were surprised that you didn’t do just that. I certainly was.

Well I’m sure much of it had to do with YB being the bigger threat and giving us good fights, which we have gotten from both YB and Ebay this week. SBI did not fight the ppt well at all this week, if that is what we were trying to focus on. Seems like most times we were like chickens running, with a few exceptions. I have learned a lot from this week and hope others on SBI have learned from this experience as well. Minus the trolling(as I’m not totally blameless) and other junk that was going on, it has been a good week regardless of what you read here. Lots of good fights all around and was pretty fun having the role reversed on us this week.

YB and Ebay good luck next week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Treehugga.2398

Treehugga.2398

Well I’m sure much of it had to do with YB being the bigger threat and giving us good fights, which we have gotten from both YB and Ebay this week. SBI did not fight the ppt well at all this week, if that is what we were trying to focus on. Seems like most times we were like chickens running, with a few exceptions. I have learned a lot from this week and hope others on SBI have learned from this experience as well. Minus the trolling(as I’m not totally blameless) and other junk that was going on, it has been a good week regardless of what you read here. Lots of good fights all around and was pretty fun having the role reversed on us this week.

YB and Ebay good luck next week.

Agreed. I learned a tonne this week. I’ve never spent more time in havocs or fighting this many roaming thieves even when we were the top server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

So while on the topic of fair play, would not a server with a horde of Asian/Oceanics capping stuff while we sleep be fair in a server supposedly North American? ANet thinks so, so it’s accepted commonly by now. A year ago, people were crying about that hard. In fact, its how many servers, including SBI, have done so well. In fact, servers intentionally seek out these players to stack coverage.

Nobody ever colluded like this before. ANet’s not going to do anything, and more matchups will have play like this. And server-relationships might just be the new ‘get more Oceanics’.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lina.9640

Lina.9640

It’s kinda interesting where people draw their lines at lately.

I mean, obviously SBI is fine with PvDooring, bandwagoning, and zerging servers with four times their numbers, and winning Coverage Wars against empty servers.

But suddenly, a 2v1 is totally and completely out of line? Really? SBI was predicted to win this matchup, so in reality, the bottom two servers are focusing the ‘top’ server. This is a design that Anet relied on when making WvW in the first place.

So, really, just stop complaining. 2v1’s suck, but it’s no different from fighting a server with literally twice your numbers—which Ebay has fought for the past, ohhh, six weeks?

Everyone in this matchup knows SBI can put the bodies on the ground. Heck, yesterday, they managed to muster a huge force that pushed BOTH YB and EB hard, out of their lands and took them to 300+ PPT.

So, really, SBI, what you’re feeling now is what your opponents in Silver League have felt every time they’ve fought against you (with the exceptions of YB and FA).

So…yeah. Welcome to our world. Hope it’s taught you a bit of empathy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

This thread is a kitten novel. Lmao

Commander Nachonix

in Match-ups

Posted by: billiamgrace.2804

billiamgrace.2804

This thread is a kitten novel. Lmao

If you counted the 6-7 tangential threads in the WvW Discussion section, we’d have the next War and Peace on our hands.

Ehmry Bay – Guild Leader Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Rhyddarch | Sasha Fïerce | Truly Skrumptious | Bathsalt Cupcake
#nerfcliffs #hauskeepink

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

Everyone in this matchup knows SBI can put the bodies on the ground. Heck, yesterday, they managed to muster a huge force that pushed BOTH YB and EB hard, out of their lands and took them to 300+ PPT.

Actually the loss of Hills on their BL last night was in large part due to the continued actions of SBI troll accounts, I believe at one point we had 4 separate people zeroing hills and se camp supply.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

So, really, SBI, what you’re feeling now is what your opponents in Silver League have felt every time they’ve fought against you (with the exceptions of YB and FA).

It feels like this for YB also unless we have a 3rd server to take a little bit of focus from us. SBi doesn’t understand how many people on YB stayed up much later than they would normally just to be able to compete with the coverage that SBi normally has. I think the major problem SBi had this week is that they didn’t wake up with a +600 tick and fully upgraded maps. I’ve been on well into early morning Pacific time the last 3 times we’ve faced SBi before this week and it is always 30-40 of us across all maps getting steamrolled by the karma train known as SBi. This time was different, there was actual coverage on to stop that from happening, and SBi’s late night coverage isn’t used to that i guess.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eye Mohini.7938

Eye Mohini.7938

As people loved saying since GW1 days about FA/JQ and now WvW:

XXX isn’t PvP

the internet, where everyone is as hard as nails

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagittia.2769

Sagittia.2769

27 Pages… Its safe to say I wish one day I will get this good at forum waring. You have earned my respect and I wish we meet in combat one day.

~HoD
~~VLK

in Match-ups

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

People say leaugues are bad, but these matchups show me why leaugues are great. Whole levels of strategy, dedication, planning generally unseen in these teirs. No offense to SBI, but i think this showed the danger of having a less focused and dedicated WvW community, i also think this highlighted that numbers are not enough

you need guts
ambition
tactics
strategy
in addition to numbers.
Officially Ebay will have beaten SBI. previously when i hear about these team ups, the second server usually gets nothing, but somehow a server with a sliver of the population came out ahead. You can say they didnt earn it, but they have been holding thier own land most times from what i saw, they kept a core amount of points throughout. They not only changed the game, but got them self close enough to slit your throat.

Well played

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bass.1697

Bass.1697

To all the core SBI that played fair and hard this week, I salute you. You truly are the backbone of your server. I hope you guys enjoyed the fights as much as we did.

To the EBay havoc teams and occasional Zerg I saw (the three way at sbi garrison over the weekend comes to mind) I salute you. You guys fought so hard this week and really applied your forces as best you could as in line with your coverage. It also seemed like you guys put a lot of overtime in.

Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

You’ll never be this good at forum warring. Ever.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merrikk.6790

Merrikk.6790

Rule 22:

I think all the fair weather players better start hiding from the b@n hammer.

Yak’s Bend [LOOT][POV]

in Match-ups

Posted by: rmprodigy.4679

rmprodigy.4679

A lot of great guilds fought kitten all 3 servers. Communities won the match up for YK and Ebay.

But at the end of the day, when you think of WvW guilds and you think of WvW and where it stands now , ppt will not be the creed of the “hardcore”. Many WvW guilds on all servers in Gw2 don’t play for PPt anymore. For months and months they used too and the game has adapted to the veterans to such a point that they only seek “fights”. I saw this a lot when facing SBI this week. There WvW guilds came out nightly, in the same #‘s , and fought their same game. I would assume this is because the vast majority of the players in SBI’s major WvW guilds play for the fights and not ppt. So don’t feel defeated. PPT and Leagues are both abominations to those who seek real pvp and wvw. You all fought well and should be proud of the good fights you provided and the things you pulled off in the fought you won, as well as having the heart to come back in the fights you lost.

To YB and Ebay , both of you servers fought like champions and came out and fought hard. Im proud to see the YB community step up and take the helm of this week, and Im also proud I got to be with EBAY the past few weeks and watch a server with a lower population come out and fight like lions. So im glad the communities get to enjoy a victory and have some fun , regardless of how the win was derived.

To all the players involved, play for what you enjoy. If you Enjoy PPT, play as such, if you play for the fights then just do that. If you choose to chest thump and troll , do that too, but be ready for backlash…and if you can stomach that then your good to go. One thing I will say though, don’t call out guilds and players, or be demoralized on the other side , if your server “lost” a week or placed “second” in League w/e . That doesn’t mean anything . I played in 6 tiers now, and I never felt like more or less of a winner or loser on any of the tiers. I gauge my fun on the fights, and if my guild can show up for 2-3 hours and win more fights then we lose(all guilds get wiped even Red guard) then that’s a win for me. On top of that if we can have fun while we win and lose fights, then hey looks like we really are doing what guild wars 2 is all about….PLAYING A GAME.

Cheers to everyone, hope you had a good thanksgiving , enjoy your resets .

Brutus Esaghus,
Legends Never[DIE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: smitler.1304

smitler.1304

Congrats to Y.B for taking 2nd from us. Some people are mad about it, but it was good strategy, the only way that it could have happened. Thanks for all the bags this week too! Has been a boring season since the first week, you may have defended us, but we continually wiped you in open field. Hopefully our sever becomes stronger for it, and I wish our bandwagoneers to you!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Rule 22:

This doesn’t apply to the 2v1 aspect of WvW. Quote from Mike Ferguson’s developers blog back in February 2012 describing the reason 3 servers would be included in the match, instead of a straight 1v1:

We knew right away that we wanted three teams fighting against one another on a series of huge maps in the Mists (our world vs. world battleground) and that each team would be composed of an entire server full of players. Including three forces in world vs. world acts as an excellent balancing factor, preventing one team from growing too powerful and ruining the competitive balance of the game. Two teams can gang up to counter a more dominant third team, a dynamic that simply isn’t possible with only two opposing factions.

So, to all SBI that are complaining that this is unfair, underhanded, poor sportsmanship, against the rules, or otherwise cheating: We are playing WvW exactly as designed, intended and desired by those who created it.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

So Ebay helping Yak’s was the priority and Yak’s helping Ebay was one of those, “if we have time” sort of things?

You made it worth our while by continuing to try for first, instead of widening the gap you had with third. We started to make that mistake with FA, but quickly realized our error and concentrated on maintaining 2nd, like you should have done.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I think we on YB should also give a sarcastic thanks to the SBI cheater that really got everyone motivated to achieve our goals this week to the maximum.

We may have been able to accomplish it all without him, but he surely helped light a fire, and conversely, help to burn down his own team.

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

I mean, obviously SBI is fine with PvDooring, bandwagoning, and zerging servers with four times their numbers, and winning Coverage Wars against empty servers.

But suddenly, a 2v1 is totally and completely out of line? Really? SBI was predicted to win this matchup, so in reality, the bottom two servers are focusing the ‘top’ server. This is a design that Anet relied on when making WvW in the first place.

So, really, just stop complaining. 2v1’s suck, but it’s no different from fighting a server with literally twice your numbers—which Ebay has fought for the past, ohhh, six weeks?

You talk as if we’ve not had 2v1 before, in fact we almost always get 2v1. The main difference is that it is not generally a week long affair. I’m not complaining, just explaining. Since league started wvw for everyone has been plagued with achievement hunters/fair weathers, it sucks but that is the way it is. You can’t force people to stay out of world, just as you can’t force them to go in. A large part of the dedicated wvw players this week had a really good time. We continued to come out and fight, not to mention be able to hold our own against 2 enemy zergs much of the time.

I’m not exactly sure where people come up with we were the “predicted” winners of this match comes from. I know I never rely on our fair weathers and try to only base how we will do on what I know our “real” world population is. When we fought YB last time they had just come off a match up with FA, I’m sure it was much the same as how we came out of our first week match against FA; a lot of burned out people needing a break.

@ I mean, obviously SBI is fine with PvDooring, bandwagoning, and zerging servers with four times their numbers, and winning Coverage Wars against empty servers.

I know I and several others just didn’t show up to world on the weeks we knew it was going to be a ktrain. I don’t like doing and definitely don’t condone it. When do I play most – meaning 6+ hours a day? weeks like this one, so your theory that we are all ok with it is incorrect.

As far as empathy goes, I have it and am pretty sure I voiced it in every match we had that we were running over people. So if anything people should be ticked that 1) for league they opened 1/2 off xfers the week before 2) continued to let people xfer during the season. Servers that would have been able to compete instead had guilds xfer off to greener pastures, leaving some in a position where they just could not fight back and in turn making people just not want to show up for matches. Coming from someone that is on one of the servers that received a lot of transfers it sucks, I don’t want to pvd all day or run in a zerg all day. And if a solid 2v1 is what it took to break those that came, so be it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rinbox.2570

Rinbox.2570

EXACTLY this. kudos to this post

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

I think we on YB should also give a sarcastic thanks to the SBI cheater that really got everyone motivated to achieve our goals this week to the maximum.

We may have been able to accomplish it all without him, but he surely helped light a fire, and conversely, help to burn down his own team.

Absolutely, that incident really strengthened my resolve. And, as I mentioned in another post, I think it brought a lot more casual players in, after they heard about it, and wanted payback.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Thanks for the bags. I couldn’t have been happier you 2v1’d us this match-up. The vast majority of players on YB and EBay are terrible at combat that doesn’t involve them behind walls and on siege. I bag farmed troves of your god awful scrubs all day in EBG and throughout the week on many maps. The fact that you won doesn’t bother me. Enjoy your dolyak finisher, I’ll enjoy your thousands of loot bags. This was the best match-up we had thus far in the leagues. I’ve never seen bad players with morale good enough to keep getting wiped like you can find on Ebay and YB, so for that I thank you. If you ever are matched up with us again, please 2v1. The lack of queues and fairweathers was refreshing, and your bags were dropping everywhere.

Keep it classy baddies,
Star

Star Player
[KEK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: JetLu.1874

JetLu.1874

Rule 22:

This doesn’t apply to the 2v1 aspect of WvW. Quote from Mike Ferguson’s developers blog back in February 2012 describing the reason 3 servers would be included in the match, instead of a straight 1v1:

We knew right away that we wanted three teams fighting against one another on a series of huge maps in the Mists (our world vs. world battleground) and that each team would be composed of an entire server full of players. Including three forces in world vs. world acts as an excellent balancing factor, preventing one team from growing too powerful and ruining the competitive balance of the game. Two teams can gang up to counter a more dominant third team, a dynamic that simply isn’t possible with only two opposing factions.

So, to all SBI that are complaining that this is unfair, underhanded, poor sportsmanship, against the rules, or otherwise cheating: We are playing WvW exactly as designed, intended and desired by those who created it.

So, you saying Anet created this WvW for cheating and going against the rules? OMG, tell me it isn’t so, I am crushed. I love it when other servers bring up whining, when in fact you are just stating the facts as you see them. Get over this whining, cry baby kitten, a fact is a fact is a fact, PERIOD!!!!

Crappy WvW player, but I try. SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

So now it appears coverage is no longer king… this brings up some interesting thoughts… and hopefully matches in the future. Is it possible that Leagues actually did something constructive for the game? Can’t wait to see how all this is applied next week! GL on reset all.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Adahilia.3678

So now it appears coverage is no longer king… this brings up some interesting thoughts… and hopefully matches in the future. Is it possible that Leagues actually did something constructive for the game? Can’t wait to see how all this is applied next week! GL on reset all.

well considering BP doesn’t really play weekends, and also has very little ocx I’m sure it will be much of what you’d expect. Hopefully for them that has changed a bit.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fooser.6412

fooser.6412

Interesting to know, Hawks. Now we know how it seemed from your side…and it says a lot. I hope you guys are able to get rid of your fairweather players and rise from the ashes as a more powerful server.

In the old system we went from a seemingly permanent tier 1 presence to bottoming out at, what, tier 5 or so? If that didn’t get rid of fairweather players nothing will.

SBI
Signet Train / Warrior
Healing Hands / Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Maybe for one more week. But in the future, leagues are over for a while after next week, so it looks like there will be little reason for such strategic planning vs opponents.

This week was all about the final league standings showing a clear and specific path that was best for one server, and that wasn’t really clear till late in the season where everyone could see and predict the few scenarios that could come about.

I think after next week things will pretty much go back to random chaos. Though if one server really makes themselves undesirable opponents with forum antics, things like this could still happen even without grand point calculations driving them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

Thanks for the bags. I couldn’t have been happier you 2v1’d us this match-up. The vast majority of players on YB and EBay are terrible at combat that doesn’t involve them behind walls and on siege. I bag farmed troves of your god awful scrubs all day in EBG and throughout the week on many maps. The fact that you won doesn’t bother me. Enjoy your dolyak finisher, I’ll enjoy your thousands of loot bags. This was the best match-up we had thus far in the leagues. I’ve never seen bad players with morale good enough to keep getting wiped like you can find on Ebay and YB, so for that I thank you. If you ever are matched up with us again, please 2v1. The lack of queues and fairweathers was refreshing, and your bags were dropping everywhere.

Keep it classy baddies,
Star

On a scale of 1 to mad, you are like double mad.