NA Tier 1 should be closed

in Looking for...

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Please don’t transfer here ever . . . the skill lag has gotten ridiculous and we really already have more way more players than we can deal with. There are tons of really great severs out there in need of dedicated WvWers and transferring to JQ, SoR or BG will not solve all of your problems, look to yourself first. Every server everywhere will always have a time zone where they are outmanned and wish for more players but the cost is not worth it. The super stacking has to end now or we will kill this game of so much potential before we even make to it our first birthday.

In fact, I think just having these forums is a mistake and is ANET admitting defeat that they never figured out how to give us the tools needed to make for strong communities where we could organize ourselves into semi like minded groups and take on greater and greater accomplishments together. Guilds recruiting to find more players fitting into their playstyle makes perfect sense and servers showing off their personalities as a way for new players to figure out where they want to “live” makes a lot more sense than having worlds competing with each other for the extremely limited (and getting rarer everyday) resource of WvW players and pouching from each other at a cost to the lower tiers.

One of these days ANET is going to have to lower the WvW map caps to deal with the skill lag issue and NA tier 1 is going to be hit with mega queues when they do. I love my server and I love the JQ community for never giving up the fight but stacking more and more at the top is never the answer.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in Looking for...

Posted by: zepp.4109

zepp.4109

Pariah, too late. SoR already unbalanced T1 when they recruited [KISS]. In my opinion, your point is valid but only about NA/SEA/Oceanic guilds. All T1 server don’t need more NA/SEA/Oceanic guilds, so i think if any guild from those timezones is looking for a new home, please, DON’T CHOICE SoR, BG or JQ!! However, JQ and BG are really needing european guilds (specially JQ) to balance T1 again.

To the players from euro tiers, i’ll explain the situation in T1 NA: SoR has 2 big european guilds. BG has 2 small european guilds (and these guilds don’t play everyday) and JQ doesn’t have euro guilds. So SoR can do like Vizunah does in T1 euro: PvDoor. But in the “NA T1” case, SoR is doing PvDoor during euro primetime.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

LOL! That is just rich coming from a JQ when they clearly created the most stacked server in the history of GW2. I was on SoS when you guys recruited like there was no tomorrow.
The intensity of tier 1 is like no other, so why would you want to lock it for other people? I myself, just transferred into tier 1 for the fights. Unless you are willing to give up your place in a tier 1 server, don’t post such rubbish. As for skill lag, it is a technical issue which just needs an upgrade of systems. I was worried about skill lag before I transferred in, but now that I am here, it doesn’t bother me much.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Looking for...

Posted by: Itukaaj.5628

Itukaaj.5628

Tichondrius is full GT….

Ayjay Reckless-necro
YOHO (A Pirates Life for Me)

in Looking for...

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Please don’t transfer here ever . . .

No really, don’t. Especially not to JQ.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

….So this thread was necessary cause you don’t like the current meta? JQ consistently ticking at sub 100 for two timezones and we don’t need help? I don’t know what is more disappointing that this thread appeared or that you think that people transferring to other servers will accomplish anything different.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Looking for...

Posted by: Esqi.8496

Esqi.8496

You guys should really just transfer off.

[TKG] Flake

in Looking for...

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I think they are trolling. Probably not even on JQ

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Looking for...

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Most rankings are really only an indication of population, not skill. The top three servers are not there because they are “better”. They are there because they have a metric crap ton of people on them at all hours.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Looking for...

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

No they’re on JQ, this makes me sad. Pariah I used to like you. If you want to small man it without lag you need to go to another game.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Looking for...

PariahX.6970

Of course my JQ community leaders are disappointed in me for this thread but I did not expect anything different, even from those I highly respect because we have all been beaten into believing more population is better and skill lag is the price we have to pay for wins. I wish there was never the NA/EU split in the first place so we could have full maps 24/7 across many worlds but that is just not possible with the number of people currently interested in WvW and the number of servers we have (and now it is summer so we have no idea what anyone’s population is actually going to be like in the fall). Should we really be promoting the abandonment of the lower tiers to fill all of our time zones? If ANET begins merging servers that is just going to start a domino effect of problems we really do not want to see but maybe I am just being naive to believe MMOs can stay healthy beyond the first year in this day and age.

Think about what this meta is doing to the game overall. Shortening its life cycle. This is the game I wanted to be able to play for years with the people who started out on JQ because it is an incredibly awesome community and a beautifully put together game (still a lot of work to do in the WvW department but I want to be around when they get to all those fixes on their to do list) but we the playerbase are undermining its incredible potential with our unending urge to flock to the top. I know I am not very good with words and probably did a horrible job of stating my opinion but I seriously believe for the good of the game overall all three top tier servers on the NA side (can’t speak for EU as I have no experience there) need fewer players not more until such time as ANET servers can handle bigger populations and larger (or more) maps. Whether skill lag is a technical issue that they can fix soon (doubt it) or not, wouldn’t it be better to play the game within the limitations that it can currently handle?

I certainly do not mean to offend my server mates who have worked very hard to build the WvW community we have today on JQ (one of the very best I have ever been a part of) and I am not ignorant enough to believe the trolls who claim this whole super stack phenomenon is somehow JQ’s fault from what happened in January after they closed off the free world transfers but without ANET doing anything to help the situation what other course of action is left to us other than taking a little personal responsibility and spreading ourselves out. I am no one in the JQ community and yet have made very strong ties here since beta so I plan to remain a part of it in spite of my frustration with the increasing occurrences of skill lag and mega blobs everywhere but I think it is past time for us all to take a serious look at the consequences of our choices.

Wotah, what other game? There isn’t one.

P.S. I am sorry if it was disrespectful to start this thread on this forum and maybe it should be moved but I still think it is a important discussion to have.

Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in Looking for...

Nuked.2360

It’s a discussion that undermines the efforts of many people for a few people’s satisfaction. If you truly were sorry the thread wouldn’t have been made in the first place and with that I ask a mod close the thread as it’s not going to be productive.

in Looking for...

Posted by: LeahKell.5873

LeahKell.5873

I am on JQ, and I play early morning and afternoon EST. We are outnumbered more often than not even in early evening.

I feel your pain about lag, but the solution isn’t discouraging people to join JQ. That will eventually force people who play for fun to leave and will leave you with no lag because there are no people.

IMHO.

—Leah

P.S. I’ve noticed the lag primarily with huge blobs of whatever flavor too, but my computer is only a year old. Anet has done an amazing job of managing the hordes compared to the old games like DAOC (crashing the server during relic raids), but it still has a ways to go.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Loren Michael.7891

Loren Michael.7891

Marcus Dairy / Loren Michael
Guild Leader of [KT] Knights Templar
www.knights-templar.com/www.stormbluffisle.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Pariah you do realise that much of the skill lag that has surfaced since 1st July has nothing to do with server populations yes?

Go read the tech support threads and you will see that all servers are being impacted to some degree.

I agree there are other factors at play with Anets’ servers, and player density in WvW etc that do play a part but the large increase in skill lag, rubberbanding, dc’s and other associated things are due to severe packet loss which appears in part to be due to work being done on transatlantic network infrastructure which started 1st July and is due to finish barring bad weather end July.

Other games and services have experienced issues recently. Not everyone gets the same level of disturbance because isps, routing, infrastructure, servers etc all play a part but the transalantic impact is real.

I agree its an important discussion to have but if you don’t have many facts on the causes then any solution you present is moot and most likely not even a solution….

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Kudos to Pariah for addressing the problem that all T1 NA has.

SoS stacked, so JQ stacks more, so BG stacks more, so SoR stacks more…and so on to infinitude.

Where is the limit? At what point do you hit the ceiling (which ANET graciously keeps raising higher to support Gem Sales) and have to face the UTTER HORROR of the reality that you will not be in First Place?

What if they came out with a post tomorrow, saying they were not going to raise the population limits anymore and JQ got stuck on FULL?

Jade Quarry has my respect for how long it’s been in the hotseat; but what if it doesn’t get any better?
What if they take away any hope that things will get better?
The random matchups have exposed the gap between your competitors and I hope that anyone who, at this late point, still feels the burning need to go T1 chooses you; but how many are left?

Pariah is just calling out the truth and all the denials in the world are not going to make it go away.

in Looking for...

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Where is the limit? At what point do you hit the ceiling (which ANET graciously keeps raising higher to support Gem Sales) and have to face the UTTER HORROR of the reality that you will not be in First Place?

Hell is other zerglings.

in Looking for...

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

The meta, Anet created it when they allowed free transfers from the start of the game.

If Anet had of cared about WvW from day one it would of had random matchups and paid transfers from day uno.

Unfortunately we all know where their care for WvW lies and that is solely on gem sales, other than that glitches occur and are prevalent for weeks before fix, they promise the world and deliver AC buffs… Oil mastery etc…

I’m pretty bored of it so much so I downloaded c9 English to have some pvp fun again while we wait to see how things pan out.

Posts like these solve nothing, I am in solidarity here with Stei, Esqi and other WvWers. The posts solves nothing, offers no real or adequate solutions and just tarnishes JQ’s reputation when it comes to looking for guilds to solve their woes. If you look the match ups aren’t even and it’s noones fault really, SoS was never stacked, neither was SBI or JQ. I look back on my days on SoS and realise how powerful JQ and SBI we’re but it wasn’t because of a multitude of guilds it was SoS’s Oceanic force which prepared and bunkered down for the onslaught of War Machine (Koreans) and FoO (Chinese/Taiwan).

JQ was a much less perfect “Overlord” as it had coverage holes in it’s Oceanic/EU, two timezones which define a tier, being honest these two timezones have the least population across all NA servers and currently BG/SoR have the same Oceanic population while SoR dominates late EU/EST NA.

We’d all love a perfect solution to wvw population issues but this just isn’t the case, everyone talks of balance but will not refuse a guild if they are looking to sure up a timezone where they do not have perfect coverage.

Skill lag is a server issue and since there has been no adequate population management since the launch of the game I agree and I bet Anet feels the same way;

We have created these massive gaming communities on JQ/BG/SoR and these servers are our home / pride if Anet tried to collapse these 3 servers I’m sure they would encounter more than half of the WvW population of this game in opposition to them.

That said collapsing the tier would solve nothing, I know for a fact that if this occurred I would be out talking to guilds I respect many on JQ, DB and BG about creating a omega server, not in numbers but in skilled/like minded guilds which I’m sure would attract a plethora of pugs pushing us back into the same situation as before.

TLDR: Pointless post achieves nothing, please delete and BG/JQ looking for EU players & guilds we offer Vanzan’s Afro and sweet Asuran @$$ on JQ and we have Cuddlestrike/Silverspells fearless EB commander on BG!

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

(edited by MagiKarp.8201)

in Looking for...

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

WOW for once i agree with magickarp +1 for the post

i hope JQ gets more oceanic an EU and kitten i even hope BG gets a little more eu. a challenge is a challenge some will rise and some will fall

threads like this do really nothing but hurt jq for guilds looking to move to them and it needs to be removed. offhour coverage in not the reason for lag.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

in Looking for...

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

WOW for once i agree with magickarp +1 for the post

i hope JQ gets more oceanic an EU and kitten i even hope BG gets a little more eu. a challenge is a challenge some will rise and some will fall

threads like this do really nothing but hurt jq for guilds looking to move to them and it needs to be removed. offhour coverage in not the reason for lag.

That was the first thing I said. MagiKarp speaking sense?!?!?! flips over the no incidents since X day I mean…

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Looking for...

Nuked.2360

The meta, Anet created it when they allowed free transfers from the start of the game.

If Anet had of cared about WvW from day one it would of had random matchups and paid transfers from day uno.

Unfortunately we all know where their care for WvW lies and that is solely on gem sales, other than that glitches occur and are prevalent for weeks before fix, they promise the world and deliver AC buffs… Oil mastery etc…

I’m pretty bored of it so much so I downloaded c9 English to have some pvp fun again while we wait to see how things pan out.

Posts like these solve nothing, I am in solidarity here with Stei, Esqi and other WvWers. The posts solves nothing, offers no real or adequate solutions and just tarnishes JQ’s reputation when it comes to looking for guilds to solve their woes. If you look the match ups aren’t even and it’s noones fault really, SoS was never stacked, neither was SBI or JQ. I look back on my days on SoS and realise how powerful JQ and SBI we’re but it wasn’t because of a multitude of guilds it was SoS’s Oceanic force which prepared and bunkered down for the onslaught of War Machine (Koreans) and FoO (Chinese/Taiwan).

JQ was a much less perfect “Overlord” as it had coverage holes in it’s Oceanic/EU, two timezones which define a tier, being honest these two timezones have the least population across all NA servers and currently BG/SoR have the same Oceanic population while SoR dominates late EU/EST NA.

We’d all love a perfect solution to wvw population issues but this just isn’t the case, everyone talks of balance but will not refuse a guild if they are looking to sure up a timezone where they do not have perfect coverage.

Skill lag is a server issue and since there has been no adequate population management since the launch of the game I agree and I bet Anet feels the same way;

We have created these massive gaming communities on JQ/BG/SoR and these servers are our home / pride if Anet tried to collapse these 3 servers I’m sure they would encounter more than half of the WvW population of this game in opposition to them.

That said collapsing the tier would solve nothing, I know for a fact that if this occurred I would be out talking to guilds I respect many on JQ, DB and BG about creating a omega server, not in numbers but in skilled/like minded guilds which I’m sure would attract a plethora of pugs pushing us back into the same situation as before.

TLDR: Pointless post achieves nothing, please delete and BG/JQ looking for EU players & guilds we offer Vanzan’s Afro and sweet Asuran @$$ on JQ and we have Cuddlestrike/Silverspells fearless EB commander on BG!

+1 For Magikarp one and only time we’ve agreed I think lol.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

I hate to do this because Magikarp is a MERC but…. +1 Magikarp.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Looking for...

Posted by: broxigar.8754

broxigar.8754

+1 for MagiKarp

Jade Quarry | B R O X – Guardian

in Looking for...

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Wow, I’m really not sure what to say without calling someone something.
I don’t know which timezone you are, but for my guild and our timezone I would really appreciate more transfers. The meta we are facing on EU prime on JQ is “sitting in a tower and scouting for hours and getting bored to death or just steamrolled” because we rarely have the manpower to get into the offensive while huge blobs running around with high numbers of omega golems trying to paint our borderland in their colors.
Sure, I could take my friends and do havoc the whole evening and letting SoR (or BG) take what our Asian and Sea had worked hard for, but that’s not what i like to do.
So please talk for yourself, take your meta to Sorrow’s Furnace or Erredon Terrace and stop kittening here in the name of JQ and the other two T1 server.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Looking for...

PariahX.6970

We have had skill lag a lot longer than just these last couple of weeks (it started to be a bigger issue as soon as they turned culling off back in March but avoidable with practice) and while the ISP issues might be compounding the problems we are seeing today we all know lower WvW map population caps will lessen the burden on those poor little server farms so why wouldn’t we want to advocate for that? Lower WvW map population caps would cause queues in some timezones on the top tiers so ANET would need to find a way to incentivize world population re-balance before taking the next step of returning world population limits back down to what they were before that big completely unnecessary raise in May or even take them back down as far as they were before free transfers were eliminated. I do not see anything in this opinion that should be controversial.

And it is just one person’s opinion, I do not represent anyone but myself. I do not represent my guild, the online JQ community or the in game JQ community or even really apparently anyone else around these forums so I do not see what harm me having this opinion would do to JQ’s recruitment efforts. I do not think this thread should be closed and I only apologize for offending anyone by choosing to post it in this form but to be honest, those of you using this forum, those recruiting for your servers and those looking for new homes are the ones who should be considering the consequences of your actions.

I would also +1 most of what Magicarp said in his big post above (yup, you are all right, it feels funny to agree with him on these forums) except for his apparent belief that we have to accept these flaws in the game because ANET was too shortsighted or busy to do things correctly from the beginning. We can change the current meta if we want to. I know Laylyn tried very hard early on to promote the 6 to 9 strongly competitive worlds mantra and was beaten down by the game mechanics and human nature as we cycled through the periodic boom and bust meta that Magicarp very accurately describes in his post.

I could never be prouder of JQ than I am in that we did not fall prey to that same implosion mindset when it came our time to fall off the throne at #1 and that was because our community was built for some old fashioned notion we use to call realm pride so in a sense, JQ fought the established meta and is still hanging tough today because we decided to react differently. Why can’t we all decide skill lag isn’t worth mega stacks at the top and the risk of the new match-up system ever pairing our three world with anyone else and the horrible lopsided unfun battles that would result should be eliminated? I actually hope ANET is manipulating our match-up behind the scenes at the top to make sure we never fight anyone but BG and SoR because while there might be some personal entertainment value and getting to battle against our friends and foes on TC or DB it could never be anything other than complete domination and that cannot be healthy for the game overall.

No one needs to tell me about the hours JQ spends undermanned, I play in the transition timezone between NA and Oceanic most of the time and get to watch as everything of ours in the borderlands is flipped over to paper, powerless to stop it with the small bands rag tag bands of defenders we can cobble together in those hours but that does not mean more players is the answer. All three of the top servers have their outmanned hours and fewer players across the WvW maps as a whole would allow for smaller numbers in those off peak times to actually have more of an impact on the score. This should not be an arms race to the top. I can not even imagine what WvW is like on the bottom tiers. Yes, we get to have intense battles all hours of the day in tier 1 but I do not think lowering the WvW map population caps would hurt that intensity and it might actually help to spread it out some to a few other servers. Would it really be gamebreaking that instead of 100v100v100 we went back to 70v70v70? I would love to see what JQ’s more dedicated WvW guilds like SF, SW and Aco could do with less skill lag and a leaner meaner fighting force. All the open field zerg battles lately have been great to fun to watch until you realize you cannot do anything other than spam the 1 key the whole time. Imagine what we could do using all the rest of our skills as well!

in Looking for...

PariahX.6970

I am sorry if my realm mates think me rude for even bringing this topic up but the dangers of keeping our heads buried in the sand hoping daddy ANET will fix these problems for us is just far too great to do anything else. I will continue to beg ANET to lower the WvW map population caps and I suggest those of you interested in preserving competitive WvW for the long term do the same. <3

Yeah, I know, I write too much and no one reads it all and then half of what I get in response are a bunch of knee jerk reactions to tid-bits taken out of context but such is the world of the internet and I love words too much give in to short attention span theater.

in Looking for...

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

No they’re on JQ, this makes me sad. Pariah I used to like you. If you want to small man it without lag you need to go to another game.

Hahaha, this guy.

Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mega Myth.5307

Mega Myth.5307

With lag so frequent, why not merge EU and US and solve a bunch of problems. Match the top tier from one set with the bottom tier on another set. Lag can’t get worse. You create some parity in the matches and solve most servers’ coverage problems.

I also know that from a network perspective, there are things you can do to minimize the lag between the continents and the cost is not outrageous.

Mega Bones – Necro
http://da-gw2.enjin.com/

in Looking for...

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Pariah is right, you tier 1ers just can’t stand the thought of losing your oh so meaningless thrown

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

good post Magikarp

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Looking for...

Nuked.2360

wall of text.

You do realize map caps are at 80 not 100 to start with. Secondly if you truly WANTED these changes to happen you wouldn’t have posted them in World Recruitment because 1) this is a suggestion 2) it belongs in either suggestions or WvW discussion not here. 3) You have stated and its abundantly clear that you want your needs taken care of over other peoples. This is fine and dandy and all but you cant’ say you don’t represent JQ when your openly posting on the forums don’t transfer to JQ. What guild in their right mind wants to transfer to a server if people on the server don’t want them? You can say this is my opinion only but when you have guildies agreeing then you aren’t the only one and it becomes detrimental. I don’t recruit to stack a server. I recruit because we have guilds in timezones that log in daily and work their kitteng kitten off and have no support but themselves in these timezones and you want to know what they do? Rather than complain oh skill lag oh outmanned oh stacked server. They work on filling those gaps and show up every night to fight. This is why I respect our OCX coverage on JQ and our EU as well. Win lose or draw they show up every god kitten day and give it their best regardless of odds. So before you post that this is only your opinion think of what they do daily and realize that they deserve the right to enjoy JQ and the WvW environment just as much as you.

in Looking for...

Wotah.2975

Hahaha, this guy.

Hahahaha…..What? <shakesfist>

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Looking for...

Wotah.2975

wall of text.

You do realize map caps are at 80 not 100 to start with. Secondly if you truly WANTED these changes to happen you wouldn’t have posted them in World Recruitment because 1) this is a suggestion 2) it belongs in either suggestions or WvW discussion not here. 3) You have stated and its abundantly clear that you want your needs taken care of over other peoples. This is fine and dandy and all but you cant’ say you don’t represent JQ when your openly posting on the forums don’t transfer to JQ. What guild in their right mind wants to transfer to a server if people on the server don’t want them? You can say this is my opinion only but when you have guildies agreeing then you aren’t the only one and it becomes detrimental. I don’t recruit to stack a server. I recruit because we have guilds in timezones that log in daily and work their kitteng kitten off and have no support but themselves in these timezones and you want to know what they do? Rather than complain oh skill lag oh outmanned oh stacked server. They work on filling those gaps and show up every night to fight. This is why I respect our OCX coverage on JQ and our EU as well. Win lose or draw they show up every god kitten day and give it their best regardless of odds. So before you post that this is only your opinion think of what they do daily and realize that they deserve the right to enjoy JQ and the WvW environment just as much as you.

This is the truth.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Looking for...

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

The fact is we created this issue as a whole when we asked Anet to turn off culling (Arguably a silly mechanic). We wanted to see the zergs coming at us in it’s entirety, not just the 20-30 who rendered. As a result of that the problem of skill lag (previously a non-issue) has reared its ugly head. You could shrink the server size in WvW to smaller a number or even cap the tier it wouldn’t help. The issue is Anet server side when 100+ people group up in the same location to fight whether 2 or 3 sided. Until they figure out a way to solve this we have to soldier on through it. This is not a tier 1 issue or a NA/EU issue this is a WvW issue across all servers when people have large scale fights (notably SM since its usually a good 3-way).

Telling people when they are is just silly, as is having this discussion in the recruitment section, this post is an issue on WvW not a recruitment. As such I request a mod to move this to the WvW discussion section thank you.

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

in Looking for...

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

The fact is we created this issue as a whole when we asked Anet to turn off culling (Arguably a silly mechanic). We wanted to see the zergs coming at us in it’s entirety, not just the 20-30 who rendered. As a result of that the problem of skill lag (previously a non-issue) has reared its ugly head. You could shrink the server size in WvW to smaller a number or even cap the tier it wouldn’t help. The issue is Anet server side when 100+ people group up in the same location to fight whether 2 or 3 sided. Until they figure out a way to solve this we have to soldier on through it. This is not a tier 1 issue or a NA/EU issue this is a WvW issue across all servers when people have large scale fights (notably SM since its usually a good 3-way).

Telling people when they are is just silly, as is having this discussion in the recruitment section, this post is an issue on WvW not a recruitment. As such I request a mod to move this to the WvW discussion section thank you.

Actually, Habib, the programmer who worked on WvW, stated emphatically that skills lag has absolutely nothing to do with culling. Also, skill lag started to become an issue a good bit earlier than when culling was removed, dating back to around the time they introduced the server guesting system.

My opinion regarding skill lag is that Anet cut back on server overhead to save money and they’ve since been trying to optimize their game engine to work within those lowered limits. This is total speculation on my part though and not based on any facts.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Looking for...

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

LOL! That is just rich coming from a JQ when they clearly created the most stacked server in the history of GW2. I was on SoS when you guys recruited like there was no tomorrow.
The intensity of tier 1 is like no other, so why would you want to lock it for other people? I myself, just transferred into tier 1 for the fights. Unless you are willing to give up your place in a tier 1 server, don’t post such rubbish. As for skill lag, it is a technical issue which just needs an upgrade of systems. I was worried about skill lag before I transferred in, but now that I am here, it doesn’t bother me much.

Jq has a short memory. T1 is the closest it has EVER been and jq/bg whine because they no longer have cruise control for a victory.

in Looking for...

Nuked.2360

Jq has a short memory. T1 is the closest it has EVER been and jq/bg whine because they no longer have cruise control for a victory.

Closest it’s ever been wouldn’t be a widening gap between 2nd and 3rd. So to speak this isn’t close even.

in Looking for...

styx.7294

Closest it’s ever been wouldn’t be a widening gap between 2nd and 3rd. So to speak this isn’t close even.

One match that has 40k between 1st and 3rd isn’t really somethin to complain about.

Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Nuked.2360

The score is more lopsided than it illustrates. The only reason it is as close as it is would be due in part to solid SEA/NA coverage but when one side has 7 WP’s and the other’s 1 it’s an entirely different story that score doesn’t illustrate exactly right.

in Looking for...

MagiKarp.8201

Judging a Tier based on score difference between 1st and 3rd is a phaux arguement, often 1st cultivates 3rds score at the expense of second to secure a win, I am guilty of this myself when I command, I leave JQ objectives alone knowing I could flip them due to lack of coverage / forces on the map so that JQ and SoR can fight each other while I hit SoR.

JQ’s position at the moment is very perilous, without Waha/ATM (SEA) they would not be doing half as well as they have been, their time zones are feeling very empty and they do need some fresh blood to revitalise the server, IMO we need to fix these ratings so that we can get in on these random matchups everyone but Tier 1 NA has been having so JQ / TC / DB can find some valuable needed forces and unfortunately I hope they crush the kitten out of the lower tier servers so people transfer to these 3 servers allowing for a real 3 way contender Tier 1 match ups, because in the end, 20 servers is doomed to fail as attrition hits and the game gets older 6 servers can be maintained much better easier than 20, population wise.

To all those who talk about lower tiers and wanting oceanic/sea/eu coverage, you will not get this, who wants to join a tier where you are pvdooring all night. You may call it “small ops” but it isn’t, it is 10-20 people running around dropping rams on towers where noone is, Tier 1 is a 24/7 coverage match up with insane fun, no matter the time everyone is at the edge of their seat defending keeps from EST NA through till SEA and EU.

There simply isn’t enough Oceanic/SEA guilds to cater to every tier and EU have their own servers therefore goodluck convincing guilds to come NA… Trust me I’ve tried. This is why all the Oc/SEA/EU guilds choose tier 1 and tier 2 because it is the only brackets where they do not get 450+ ppt each night due to pvdoor because this is where the population is.

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Looking for...

styx.7294

I hope they crush the kitten out of the lower tier servers so people transfer to these 3 servers allowing for a real 3 way contender Tier 1 match ups, because in the end, 20 servers is doomed to fail as attrition hits and the game gets older 6 servers can be maintained much better easier than 20, population wise.

There’s thousands of people playin WvW here and we don’t actually think your tier is more important than ours. Suck it up and stop talkin like you’re all that matter.

To all those who talk about lower tiers and wanting oceanic/sea/eu coverage, you will not get this, who wants to join a tier where you are pvdooring all night. You may call it “small ops” but it isn’t, it is 10-20 people running around dropping rams on towers where noone is, Tier 1 is a 24/7 coverage match up with insane fun, no matter the time everyone is at the edge of their seat defending keeps from EST NA through till SEA and EU.

There simply isn’t enough Oceanic/SEA guilds to cater to every tier and EU have their own servers therefore goodluck convincing guilds to come NA… Trust me I’ve tried. This is why all the Oc/SEA/EU guilds choose tier 1 and tier 2 because it is the only brackets where they do not get 450+ ppt each night due to pvdoor because this is where the population is.

I need to have a drink to forget this kitten you pulled out of your kitten .

Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Judging a Tier based on score difference between 1st and 3rd is a phaux arguement, often 1st cultivates 3rds score at the expense of second to secure a win, I am guilty of this myself when I command, I leave JQ objectives alone knowing I could flip them due to lack of coverage / forces on the map so that JQ and SoR can fight each other while I hit SoR.

JQ’s position at the moment is very perilous, without Waha/ATM (SEA) they would not be doing half as well as they have been, their time zones are feeling very empty and they do need some fresh blood to revitalise the server, IMO we need to fix these ratings so that we can get in on these random matchups everyone but Tier 1 NA has been having so JQ / TC / DB can find some valuable needed forces and unfortunately I hope they crush the kitten out of the lower tier servers so people transfer to these 3 servers allowing for a real 3 way contender Tier 1 match ups, because in the end, 20 servers is doomed to fail as attrition hits and the game gets older 6 servers can be maintained much better easier than 20, population wise.

Except for the fact the “T2” servers are not getting matched up with one another.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Looking for...

Achilles.2197

Oh and, please don’t confuse WvW with any form of skill. Deluding yourself into believing it is anything other than massing is hilarious.

Guild Wars 1 died and with it any true PvP related skill.

in Looking for...

Seigfried.5938

Oh and, please don’t confuse WvW with any form of skill. Deluding yourself into believing it is anything other than massing is hilarious.

Guild Wars 1 died and with it any true PvP related skill.

That is exactly what happens in tier 4 and below, where not one person is on ts3 and everyone is just doing his own thing. In tier 1 zerg battles are won by listening to a good commander. The begining of every battle is crucial and that is what can often decide the outcome. For people who say tier 1 is all about ‘midnless’ zergs, they have clearly not been part of any organised guild or zerg and definitely not on teamspeak. I was on SoS from its rise to tier 1, back to tier4 and last week I transferred out to a tier 1 server so I know what I am talking about.

As for people blaming Anet for large zergs and server recruitment, you shouldn’t be doing that because it is your server mates doing it. A-net just allows it to happen. They have added large sums of gems to transfer to discourage it, but this is the best they can do and should do. I would have been disappointed if I was not allowed to transfer to a tier 1 server. What you CAN blame A-net for is skill lag. The server hardware needs an upgrade. But since tier 1 is the only tier that has this problem, they might think it is not financially wise to upgrade systems.

New bunker meta sux

in Looking for...

Achilles.2197

Im noticing several flaws with your post.

in tier 4 and below, where not one person is on ts3 and everyone is just doing his own thing.

Since when does using Ts3 = skill? Sure, it adds to communication and ultimately facilitates better teamwork, but it in no way affects player skill levels.

For people who say tier 1 is all about ‘midnless’ zergs, they have clearly not been part of any organised guild or zerg and definitely not on teamspeak

While T1 does have more guild organization, most T1 guilds did not originate on these servers, they flocked there. Also, I transferred off of SoR so I’ve seen/taken part of it. At least half the population on maps are PuG anyway, and are simply following the zergs/guilds around.

I transferred out to a tier 1 server so I know what I am talking about.

Your argument is what exactly? You’re a random pug who transferred to a server that was already in the “top tier” and stacked without you? Isn’t that by definition a bandwagoner? SoS was tier 1, fell and then you jumped ship and migrated back to T1?

That’s exactly why the matches are broken, because of people doing what you do. I bet if they locked transfers to JQ/BG/SoR one of them would begin to crumble and another server would get stacked as it implodes.

in Looking for...

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

actually the issue is most servers r 90% pve 10% wvw, so WVW minded guilds/people get sick of being or feeling alone and xfer to the higher tiers. They do this to be with other like minded people

some xfer to win yes but most do it to be around ppl who r more like them. Untill anet either titles servers as PVP or PVE or find a way to get more pvers into WVW this will continue to happen

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Looking for...

Seigfried.5938

Im noticing several flaws with your post.

in tier 4 and below, where not one person is on ts3 and everyone is just doing his own thing.

Since when does using Ts3 = skill? Sure, it adds to communication and ultimately facilitates better teamwork, but it in no way affects player skill levels.

For people who say tier 1 is all about ‘midnless’ zergs, they have clearly not been part of any organised guild or zerg and definitely not on teamspeak

While T1 does have more guild organization, most T1 guilds did not originate on these servers, they flocked there. Also, I transferred off of SoR so I’ve seen/taken part of it. At least half the population on maps are PuG anyway, and are simply following the zergs/guilds around.

I transferred out to a tier 1 server so I know what I am talking about.

Your argument is what exactly? You’re a random pug who transferred to a server that was already in the “top tier” and stacked without you? Isn’t that by definition a bandwagoner? SoS was tier 1, fell and then you jumped ship and migrated back to T1?

That’s exactly why the matches are broken, because of people doing what you do. I bet if they locked transfers to JQ/BG/SoR one of them would begin to crumble and another server would get stacked as it implodes.

I was on both, a tier 4 server and a tier 1 server. You shouldn’t quote half a sentence. TS3 makes all the difference in the world. Why would you not use something like TS3 which makes the difference between victory and defeat? And I never said TS3 translates to skill. in fact, wvw relies less on skill and more on organisation of groups. individual skill is tested in gw2, but in spvp or small group roaming in wvw, not in zergs. And even small groups co ordinate on ts3.
So what if wvw guilds don’t originate on a server they play on? They go to higher tier servers for more competition and organisation I was on SoS during it’s t1 days and all through it’s tier 4 days. I truly missed the intensity of tier 1 so I perfectly understand why wvw guilds left. I waited months for SoS to recover but after 5 weeks of people moaning that they had to fight TC, I had enough.
And what makes you think I transferred to a winning server? I never mentioned which server I transferred to. Hence, all your bandwagon conclusions fail. As i said before, I didn’t transfer out during SoS’s implosion, but in July.

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

in Looking for...

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m just reading this all for the first time. Having been recently rolled a couple of hours ago by 60+ SoR vs our 25 on JQBL, I’m beside myself that anyone would think we don’t need more on JQ. Having even numbers is just common sense.

For the design of WvW. One would have to assume that Anet built the capacity of the server system above the requirements of us running full map populations 24/7. This would be for redundancy and failure protection. I can only surmise that either resources were pulled from WvW or something in the code has created more demand on the system. The lag issue should have nothing to due with the increases in server populations. Because the Map populations of WvW haven’t changed recently as far as I know.

It is up to Anet to correct any technical hurdles they may be experiencing. For us, as players, it’s our job to enjoy the game and do our best to make it so for everyone else. For JQ, that mean’s recruiting more players! So that we may give SoR and BG the challenge they ask for. Also, to give our players some relief and support. Because we have to admit, many of us have been burning the candle at both ends for two months already.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Looking for...

MagiKarp.8201

To the guy who said “TS3 = doesn’t = skill”

Doesn’t = skill but = Coordination which is > “skill”. I’ve commanded both with ts and not, I can tell you players being in TS is the difference between losing everything on map vs wiping the enemy forces over and over due to combat commands. If you don’t think this is the case you are plainly put, dumb.

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

It is up to Anet to correct any technical hurdles they may be experiencing. For us, as players, it’s our job to enjoy the game and do our best to make it so for everyone else. For JQ, that mean’s recruiting more players! So that we may give SoR and BG the challenge they ask for. Also, to give our players some relief and support. Because we have to admit, many of us have been burning the candle at both ends for two months already.

That’s just the thing though. There’s no one left to recruit. Everyone who wants to be in T1 is already there. It’s up to the guilds in T1 to balance the tier, not expect some imaginary transfers from lower tiers to come in and save the day.