25th June Patch Notes

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Anyone know what “Aftercast” is?

Stuck in an animation after you hit the ability.

BeeGee
Beast mode

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Yes, its the delay before you can activate another skill…

Those, ‘leaked’ notes are internal notes, so are worded differently from the official notes which will appear on the forums soon, they use delay in official notes…

So aftercast = delay…

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Gotcha. Thanks!

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Those, ‘leaked’ notes are internal notes, so are worded differently from the official notes which will appear on the forums soon, they use delay in official notes…

So aftercast = delay…

those patch notes are obviously fake
:facepalm:

All is vain.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

So aftercast = delay…

If they are, and they very well may be, ANet are probably laughing their heads off at this thread right now.

Some of it I hope is true, some of it I hope is fake fake fake.

If it’s false, it definitely took a lot of effort to accomplish.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Excalibur.9748

So aftercast = delay…

If they are, and they very well may be, ANet are probably laughing their heads off at this thread right now.

I won’t deny that it took a lot of effort, it doesn’t change that it’s fake…

It’s just not how ANET balances classes.

All is vain.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

So aftercast = delay…

The notes are very similar to what they said in the last SOTG meeting…

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Excalibur.9748

So aftercast = delay…

That doesn’t make it real. The person who made these up obviously has a relatively good understanding of the current meta but it’s still obvious that it’s fake.

All is vain.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

So aftercast = delay…

That doesn’t make it real. The person who made these up obviously has a relatively good understanding of the current meta but it’s still obvious that it’s fake.

Not saying you’re wrong, but what specifically makes you think it’s fake?

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

@Excalibur – I’ve seen you posting a lot that those notes are fake, but how do we know you’re not an ANet plant???

We need to go derper!

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Excalibur.9748

So aftercast = delay…

I’ve seen leaked patch notes before since I play diablo 3.

Even for “informal” inhouse patch notes they’re TOOOOO informal. The writing style is basically like an average joe like one of us. Who the hell uses -> arrows even for a tentative patch note?

Multiple nerfs to the same weapon set. Pretty much unprecedented. Nerfs weapon sets that aren’t overpowered, yet buffs the overpowered ones.

Nerfed weakness way too much for PvE. Weakness actually got nerfed in its current state.

Torment is way too underwhelming for how much it was hyped up.

All is vain.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

So aftercast = delay…

Even for “informal” inhouse patch notes they’re TOOOOO informal. The writing style is basically like an average joe like one of us. Who the hell uses -> arrows even for a tentative patch note?

Multiple nerfs to the same weapon set. Pretty much unprecedented. Nerfs weapon sets that aren’t overpowered, yet buffs the overpowered ones.

Nerfed weakness way too much for PvE. Weakness actually got nerfed in its current state.

I’m starting to suspect that it’s fake too.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I wont believe it till anet posts it. But counterpoint to the unprecedented multiple nerfs to the same weapon set:

Anet has said that this is the first MAJOR balance patch so I would expect several nerfs/buffs to same weapons.

Skill and Trait Balance Update

“We’re introducing our largest balance patch ever in this build, which includes significant updates to traits and skills to introduce more viable build diversity. Every single profession trait line is seeing changes and we’ve also made updates to some less popular skills to improve their effectiveness.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/june-25-2013/

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

lol Just Troll food, apparently really good troll food! The Trolls are eating it up!

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Excalibur.9748

I wont believe it till anet posts it. But counterpoint to the unprecedented multiple nerfs to the same weapon set:

Anet has said that this is the first MAJOR balance patch so I would expect several nerfs/buffs to same weapons.

“We’re introducing our largest balance patch ever in this build, which includes significant updates to traits and skills to introduce more viable build diversity. Every single profession trait line is seeing changes and we’ve also made updates to some less popular skills to improve their effectiveness.”

Even if it is a huge patch you can not nerf so many things at once and expect people will eat it up. They said they will try not to nerf wherever possible. And they obviously nerfed when it could be avoided…

Also consider things like changing the range from 1200 to 900? That’s a HUGE nerf. And they slap a 14% damage buff on the utility skills? That doesn’t make it up rofl.

Really, this isn’t how ANET does things, guys.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Rangers being smacked so heavily with the nerfhammer does make one ponder the veracity of said notes.

Meega Kweesta

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

So aftercast = delay…

Can’t deny, that’s a pretty compelling set of arguments.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Of course one could argue that this is evidence that it’s fake, because compared to the weapon and skill changes listed, there’s relatively little attention paid to (or information about) actual trait line changes.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Excalibur.9748

So aftercast = delay…

Can’t deny, that’s a pretty compelling set of arguments.

I’ve got a lot more of them in the thief section lol. ANET is a lot better than this. So far they have done everything almost perfectly imo. They wouldn’t screw up their largest balance update like this.

Also, like you said. Where are all the trait changes?

All is vain.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Well i suppose you are right. They probably are fake. Since reading them I was like hey that looks cool. And by track record alone Anet patches usually get a shrug and a whatever. Why did they hype this crap?

But even then, talking about fake patches is still entertaining.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Tbh if this is fake, then it took the faker many long days to make this. Every single thing they promised in SoTg corresponds 100% correctly in this notes. Secondly why could the faker take the time to write down a whole long list of after cast reduces on ele skills? (with the risk of being exposed here, by making even the slightest typo, wich he didnt as far as i can see on the ele notes).

If you guys played gw1, then you know Anet is capable of doing quite big overhauls to professions. And they said this patch would be big… I’ve listened to a lot of ‘SoTG, and you hear interesting stuff there. Like ’while we understand your desire, fellow player, we just are to afraid of making it overpowered like in Beta’. All things i remember from them are again perfectly taken over in this note. I haven’t found a single ‘lie’ in them, that contradicts the developpers quotes.

I give the fake or not fake questions a fair 50/50.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Well if it’s real.

Rangers got pooped on.

Meega Kweesta

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Excalibur.9748

Tbh if this is fake, then it took the faker many long days to make this. Every single thing they promised in SoTg corresponds 100% correctly in this notes. Secondly why could the faker take the time to write down a whole long list of after cast reduces on ele skills? (with the risk of being exposed here, by making even the slightest typo, wich he didnt as far as i can see on the ele notes).

If you guys played gw1, then you know Anet is capable of doing quite big overhauls to professions. And they said this patch would be big… I’ve listened to a lot of ‘SoTG, and you hear interesting stuff there. Like ’while we understand your desire, fellow player, we just are to afraid of making it overpowered like in Beta’. All things i remember from them are again perfectly taken over in this note. I haven’t found a single ‘lie’ in them, that contradicts the developpers quotes.

A couple of errors were made in the thief section.

Maybe because the faker mains an ele?

All is vain.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Like we said, its too early to tell. Best thing we can do is discuss what and what you do not like about the incoming changes because let me tell you, Devon is reading our views.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Well if it’s real.

Rangers got pooped on.

As a Ranger.

LOL, made my night.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

I hope their fake, I was hoping for more drastic changes new abilitys and such just to freshen things up and have somthing to play with.

why nerf mesmers their already useless to the pvp guilds accept for the viel…

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Excalibur.9748

Like we said, its too early to tell. Best thing we can do is discuss what and what you do not like about the incoming changes because let me tell you, Devon is reading our views.

It’s worth discussing if there is a chance these are real patch notes. There’s just too much terrible stuff there to discuss all of them…

They seem to be put together by some tPvP guys who thinks they have a good grasp of the current meta but really don’t understand how some of the other classes they haven’t played, really works. And it’s plainly obvious WvW and PvE wasn’t even in consideration for any of these changes.

If these are PvP only changes, then they make a lot more sense.

All is vain.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

They seem to be put together by some tPvP guys who thinks they have a good grasp of the current meta but really don’t understand how some of the other classes they haven’t played, really works. And it’s plainly obvious WvW and PvE wasn’t even in consideration for any of these changes.

Just saying, isn’t that how are made the balance changes already?

/sarcasm

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

Just saying, isn’t that how are made the balance changes already?

/sarcasm

LOL

This is how i envision balancing by anet hahahhha

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

LOL

This is how i envision balancing by anet hahahhha

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Pandalishus.8426

Pandalishus.8426

Fake. Too many typos, and the use of “Vuln” rather than “Vulnerability” in the Thief notes.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I’m not saying the patch notes are real….. but they’re real!

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

Fake. Too many typos, and the use of “Vuln” rather than “Vulnerability” in the Thief notes.

Fake or Real, its rather entertaining.

If its fake, then many can sigh in relief.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Draygo.9473

The notes distributed for translation may be abbreviated.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

If this was true, which I think it is not. This would be the stupiest thing Anet could ever do:

“Torment: Added a new Condition called Torment. This does damage every second (75% of a bleed), and double damage to foes that are moving(150% of a bleed). Stacks intensity”

This will only punish the small organized groups in WvW because they relay on movement, were blobs can simply stand still.

Lets just pray this thing will never come out.

VoTF

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

What does the confusion fix mean? Hidden “script actions”? Meaning something like if you dodged and have a skill on dodge that then lets you take confutision damage(even though you don’t actually use one of your 1-0 skills)? Will this be removed? Would be nice… cause you often get such stuff as minor trait and can’t even chose wether you want it or not.

Also I like the engineer fixes. I like to use the ram. Sometimes I use rifle 4, big ol bomb, ram and mine(they all give knockback or launch – 4 skills… and fun if CD on ram gets lowered – especially if that stuff is traited).

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

If this was true, which I think it is not. This would be the stupiest thing Anet could ever do:

“Torment: Added a new Condition called Torment. This does damage every second (75% of a bleed), and double damage to foes that are moving(150% of a bleed). Stacks intensity”

This will only punish the small organized groups in WvW because they relay on movement, were blobs can simply stand still.

Nothing new … they are discouraging small team roaming since they launched the game… first of all: 5 targets aoe cap (dumbest mechanic ever)
Btw a small roaming team will clean conditions more than a zerg… we will se more light+whirl

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

What does the confusion fix mean?

I’m thinking to single skills made of multiple hits that procced a lot of confusion.
For example Dagger Storm, while being a single skill, procced confusion on every single dagger launched (actually killing user if under confusion). Or skills like rapid fire, proccing conf for every arrow fired.

Tbh i think it do make sense as it is (if that’s the fix), you use a single skill but do multiple action, so confusion punish for every single one….but well, dumbing down the game when comes down to use brain to counter confusion isn’t a news.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I hope their fake, I was hoping for more drastic changes new abilitys and such just to freshen things up and have somthing to play with.

These leaked patch notes were probably faked, no doubt to throw us off the trail of the top secret real notes.

Anet: Masters of Disinformation.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

(edited by Thrumdi.9216)

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Draygo.9473

That isn’t that much additional damage. And considering necromancers will be the main source of it – it isn’t that much to worry about. Remember mesmers must use scepters, thieves can bring if they use skale venom – but as a condition damage dependant condition you wont have to worry about it from power thieves, and perma-stealth thieves do not use skale venom.
So only the necromancer is going to regularly apply it to people because every necromancer has access to death shroud 5.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

These leaked patch notes were probably faked, no doubt to throw us off the trail of the top secret real notes.

Anet: Masters of Disinformation.

Also

Anet: Masters of Ninja Patching

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: joric.1042

joric.1042

Rangers yet again get the shaft…

Jorik Nightcloud
Beige(NUDE)
Crystal Desert

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

If the notes were fake, you’d likely have seen this thread locked or even deleted. I think they’re probably correct.

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-skill-and-trait-changes/
Bad news for you, torment is a real update.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Small organized groups use waterfields, condi removals.
So they dont have a problem. But those big zergs are not organized and wont stack. So they are running long pug commander and it will do them more dmg.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Movement barbs have been a horrible failure in the past in other games. The entire concept is flawed and goes against what most people find as enjoyable game play.

Sit still, and die …..move and die.

Putting it in the game is bad enough, giving it to thieves and mesmers is simply bad decision making. I have to wonder why they think this adds anything enjoyable to game play.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Small organized groups use waterfields, condi removals.
So they dont have a problem. But those big zergs are not organized and wont stack. So they are running long pug commander and it will do them more dmg.

Ehh you are wrong. Most zergs aren’t mindless these days and have people calling water field placement, blasts, condition removals, etc.

The guy you quote is right in saying it is going to be worse on smaller groups. It will be that much tougher for them to kill larger groups that can reapply conditions faster than they can be removed simply due to volume alone.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: boneduste.4023

boneduste.4023

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Torment

I wouldn’t worry too much about this. The push in WvW is for power/well necros, which gimps your condition damage. I’ve seen a few power/well builds that have condition damage of 200, which would make this new condition tick (0.11*[Condition Damage]+32)=22 + 32= 54/tick.

Watch out for the rare condition necro.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: copper bullet.6427

copper bullet.6427

lol thanks anet for buffing my already op build XD

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Draygo.9473

And the leaked patch notes were true.

Delarme