in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

2015 and it will be bugged.

Account Bound Ranks - When?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

They said it’s bound to Edge of the Mists. I suspect early 2014.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

i want it as a christmass present

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

Devon said that to get everyone to shut up about it. There was a thread about it every other day up until he ‘announced it’. I highly doubt it is a priority on their todo list. It will be released around the same time living story is taken out of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Devon said that to get everyone to shut up about it. There was a thread about it every other day up until he ‘announced it’. I highly doubt it is a priority on their todo list. It will be released around the same time living story is taken out of WvW.

Sooooooo, somewhere mid-Never.

At least it feels that way.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It will probably be the “big reveal” to counter the other big MMO coming out later this year LOL.

in WvW

Posted by: Smoo.9423

Smoo.9423

I would also like to know when. You don’t even have to release an official DAY, just a time period that it may be released will make everyone feel better.

Proud member of Blackgate the bestgate the beastgate. Is you ok? Good cause I wanted to know.

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

I need this! Recently switched mains, went from a rank 500 guard to a rank 30 ele, whoo!

[TW] Pumped

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Anet a simple answer would be greeeat

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

LOL. How many times have we all said that over the past year ….

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

That would require communication, something Anet tries to avoid at all costs when dealing with the WvW community.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

We have however put ourselves in the situation where they don’t communicate much (and seriously, it is Christmas time, most people don’t even work so don’t expect an answer) due to the “community” ripping their head off if something doesn’t work exactly like said “community” thought it would or if something gets delayed.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

We have however put ourselves in the situation where they don’t communicate much (and seriously, it is Christmas time, most people don’t even work so don’t expect an answer) due to the “community” ripping their head off if something doesn’t work exactly like said “community” thought it would or if something gets delayed.

Like when they promised 3 months ago that they will fix the wvw achievments to more achievable numbers/tiered system by the end of this year?

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

I am quite sure that they never actually promised that.
I don’t remember the exact wording but I believe it was something along the lines “we hope to be able to have this out by the end of the year”.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Your argument would carry more weight if there were actually a significant number of positive things addressed/fixed/discussed/acknowledged added to WvW over the past year. Aside from the issue of lag/culling (kudos to ANet for that at least) there haven’t been. Frustration breeds rancor … and frustration with silence in the face of key problems breeds the most rancor of all.

Besides, as many of us have stated several times, it’s the members of the community who want to “rip their heads off” that care enough to express their displeasure … the others just leave. If you owned stock in ANet, which of the two would you prefer?

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I think 1st quarter is a likelihood. No developer likes saying they are putting in something and then let it sit if they can help it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I think 1st quarter is a likelihood. No developer likes saying they are putting in something and then let it sit if they can help it.

This is Anet, don’t be shocked by anything they do.

in WvW

Posted by: Smoo.9423

Smoo.9423

This is Anet, don’t be shocked by anything they do.

That kind of attitude doesn’t help anything.

Proud member of Blackgate the bestgate the beastgate. Is you ok? Good cause I wanted to know.

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

That kind of attitude doesn’t help anything.

True, but Anet has shown time and time again why this attitude is the way to go. They ignore players and do what THEY want…Even if players dont want it.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

True, but Anet has shown time and time again why this attitude is the way to go. They ignore players and do what THEY want…Even if players dont want it.

They do what they think is best for the game. And you have to keep in mind that they have WAY more information about what is best for the game than anyone on these forums does.
The people using the forums are after all a minority of the actual player-base and it is very likely that they are gathering information from other sources than the forums alone.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

They do what they think is best for the game. And you have to keep in mind that they have WAY more information about what is best for the game than anyone on these forums does.
The people using the forums are after all a minority of the actual player-base and it is very likely that they are gathering information from other sources than the forums alone.

No, they do what is best for sales, not best for the game. The two are often the same, but not always.

To be honest, that’s fair enough. They’re a business. It’s just a shame that they’ve decided to go for the “low investment, low returns” option, ie. small incremental updates in order to keep just enough interest for the gem store to turn a profit, rather than the “high investment, high returns” option, ie. expansion-pack levels of development and content for a higher price.

I know I’d be happy to pay £30 for some major additions to the game. A new JP each month…. not so much.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

I know I’d be happy to pay £30 for some major additions to the game. A new JP each month…. not so much.

That’s why you don’t have to pay anything for a new JP every month.

@OP: The “feature” patch should be around April AFAIK. There isn’t much information yet. I’d suggest that you wait after the holidays for more information from the developers.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I’m pretty certain that ANet doesn’t have way more information about what is best for the game from the PLAYER perspective. No doubt that they have lots of information from other sources, but just about every major complaint aired in these forums shows up one way or another in what happens in terms of in-game activity. You don’t ever need to read these forums to figure that out.

The fact is, and understandably so, ANet does what they think represents the best intersection of their interests and that of the players. That has not often resulted in improvements to the game from the user side, and again … you don’t need to read these forums to recognize that. ANet clearly has some resource issues (and definitely some recognition and communication issues) that affect what they decide to do, but the reality is that even customers who don’t complain will look elsewhere when the opportunity is available. Sometime during 2014 we will find out to what extent ANet suffers from the decisions they’ve made and not made.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Wrong, forums are the only source of actual player feedback, making it the majority.

Numbers they pull from whoop-de-doo, while useful to some degree, are almost never close to being accurate.

By your logic, people that talk about global warming are a minority, lets ignore them and listen to the oil companies. There is no global warming.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Wrong, forums are the only source of actual player feedback, making it the majority.

Numbers they pull from whoop-de-doo, while useful to some degree, are almost never close to being accurate.

By your logic, people that talk about global warming are a minority, lets ignore them and listen to the oil companies. There is no global warming.

Oh, I had no idea you worked at ArenaNet. Mind answering the question posted in this thread then?
Because clearly you do, since you are fully aware about how they gather their information.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Metrics are more reliable than player feedback.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Only if those metrics are interpreted correctly.

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

No, they do what is best for sales, not best for the game. The two are often the same, but not always.

To be honest, that’s fair enough. They’re a business. It’s just a shame that they’ve decided to go for the “low investment, low returns” option, ie. small incremental updates in order to keep just enough interest for the gem store to turn a profit, rather than the “high investment, high returns” option, ie. expansion-pack levels of development and content for a higher price.

This. Though any business has to listen to its customers every now and then or risk losing them, this is something Anet doesn’t do or when they do listen they totally ignore us and add what ever they want – Dhuumfire is an example, we (Necros) asked for survivability and they gave us more burst :/

I would buy a new Expansion depending on the content, if it was just full of crappy Living Story rubbish then no thanks. For me an expansion would have to contain at least some of the following:

1) Level Cap increase
2) New personal story content
3) New/current weapons added to classes
4) Bugs, issues and broken stuff fixed from weapons, skills and traits
5) New Utility and Elite skills

6) New race(s)
7) New Class(es)

8) New explorable areas, with new hearts mobs and such
9) New Dungeons
10) New tough world bosses

11) A shake up of WvW, Current maps changed in appearance
12) New Maps or Areas added onto current maps

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Devon Carver, June 5 2013
“we will continue to make tweaks to the scoring system to properly reward smart play and to make it possible for a server to prevail over superior numbers with superior tactics.” – no tweaks were done, at least i cannot find them

" introduce new siege weaponry " – does traps count, btw only 2 traps after so many months? You just cannot make another one? It should be easy as you have already 2 traps and can copy&paste it

see here

Colin Johanson, July 18 2013
“New Skill and Traits” – yes we have heals, ok there were some troubles and you will add new skills in 2014, i am ok with that if there wont be another problems which will make you not adding any new skills in 2014

“Players can earn each of these guaranteed reward crafting materials from a variety of content across both PvE and WvW to give players choice in what type of content they enjoy.” – and still those rewards are not even in PvE vs WvW, and mostly because in PvE you just need 5 man party to do even(dungeon/fractal) but in WvW capping T3 keep with 5man party is very difficult

" the replacement for the original WvW orb mechanic in our borderlands maps" – nice job, really, you introduced something that is pointless and forgoten for some time

see original post

1)I cannot find anything about WvW achivements, but I am certain sure they talked about it, and talked about change to WvW achivements in 2013.
2) for some time they stopped adding new masteries, I am still waiting for golem mastery as the only one left
3) FIXING bugs/exploits should be priority, I am always scared when running along Woodhaven and there is no gate!!
Or party kick offline members? Right click in guild windows while in WVW shows only report?

At least Chris is stil active in CDI, but we yet did not see any progress from CDIs like different colors on comamnder or anything. Not even post in forums that it will arrive.
But I am sure that they will introduce more Living story in 2014 and it will have HUGE advertisement and blog post.

So I dont expect Account bound in next 6 months.

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

^Give this man a cookie.

Metrics are almost always interpreted incorrectly.

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Devon Carver, June 5 2013
“we will continue to make tweaks to the scoring system to properly reward smart play and to make it possible for a server to prevail over superior numbers with superior tactics.” – no tweaks were done, at least i cannot find them

Buffed ACs, exp fot destroying walls/gates, wxp traits making some siege very deadly isn’t enough?

" introduce new siege weaponry " – does traps count, btw only 2 traps after so many months? You just cannot make another one? It should be easy as you have already 2 traps and can copy&paste it
New is new, they didn’t say how many :p

see here

Colin Johanson, July 18 2013
“New Skill and Traits” – yes we have heals, ok there were some troubles and you will add new skills in 2014, i am ok with that if there wont be another problems which will make you not adding any new skills in 2014
Yeah, waiting for it too

“Players can earn each of these guaranteed reward crafting materials from a variety of content across both PvE and WvW to give players choice in what type of content they enjoy.” – and still those rewards are not even in PvE vs WvW, and mostly because in PvE you just need 5 man party to do even(dungeon/fractal) but in WvW capping T3 keep with 5man party is very difficult
Yet I cap more towers/keep daily than I do dungs, and I have all the gear I want without leaving WvW?

" the replacement for the original WvW orb mechanic in our borderlands maps" – nice job, really, you introduced something that is pointless and forgoten for some time
Maybe on your server…

see original post

1)I cannot find anything about WvW achivements, but I am certain sure they talked about it, and talked about change to WvW achivements in 2013.
2) for some time they stopped adding new masteries, I am still waiting for golem mastery as the only one left
3) FIXING bugs/exploits should be priority, I am always scared when running along Woodhaven and there is no gate!!
Or party kick offline members? Right click in guild windows while in WVW shows only report?
I’m not sure how it works, but it seems now offliners get auto kicked after some time (15 min?)

At least Chris is stil active in CDI, but we yet did not see any progress from CDIs like different colors on comamnder or anything. Not even post in forums that it will arrive.
But I am sure that they will introduce more Living story in 2014 and it will have HUGE advertisement and blog post.

So I dont expect Account bound in next 6 months.

Used /b to comment specific parts to make it faster than cutting whole post into multiple quotes.

I’d also love to know when we will get accbound wxp. I recently changed main and it hurts to run without all thos masteries >.>
If I had to guess, I’d say 2 months.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

^Give this man a cookie.

So is player feedback.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

^Give this man a cookie.

So is player feedback.

Actually, in the case of WvW, the bulk of the evidence would suggest that both are simply ignored.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]