Adopt-a-Dev for the WvW Fall Tournament

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

I’ll be joining Strike Force [SF] on JQ and Driven by Fury [dF] on FSP!

LET’S DO THIS!

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Best of luck to you all! For death and glory!

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

Posted by: Pat Cavit.9234

Previous

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

Next

I signed up with Starfleet Dental [SFD] on Maguuma, I hear they’re very professional.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.9654

goldenwing.9654

LET’S DO THIS!

“FSP” YEAAAH, +1 for not picking a t1 EU server <3

in WvW

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Next

Wanted to make a note that not everyone will be posting in this thread. Some people are happy to participate with a guild on a personal level but would like to maintain their privacy in public and we will be honoring that.

A couple have asked that I post a greeting for them:

Zach Stiers will be screaming “Not in the face!” and will be running for cover…I mean Zach Stiers will be ferociously fighting for the honor of Unbreakable Dynasty on Black Gate. :P

JoAnna Frazar will bring devastation and tears to all who oppose her and her new guild Midnight Mayhem on Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Previous

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Next

Beware my bearbow, for I am going to be joining Knights of the Temple [KnT] on #Beastgate

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

in WvW

Posted by: roxy.4609

roxy.4609

Hello!

I couldn’t pm because of the 2 day spam filter so here goes…

I don’t know if it’s too late but thought I’d give this a try. I’m a member of small guild HotR (Heroes of Tyria’s Return). We have about 10 core members, most who’ve been together and playing since guild wars 1. We run in ages from 20-35. We do pair up with another guild MEAN (I Am Vindictive) occasionally to get a larger group when needed. We don’t typically run with the zerg; instead we prefer to run a “havoc squad” stealing towers and taking off before we can be caught. Just generally causing mayhem and distracting the enemy zerg. We use raidcall or teamspeak depending on preference.

The character I run in wvw is Muse of Charon and my account name, is roxy.4609 We’re on Darkhaven in the central time zone. We’re usually on sometime between 5-10 pacific time. We’re pretty casual with playing times, but if a dev needed a structured schedule, I’m sure we could arrange that. Or, if he/she just wanted to casually pop on when he/she had time, that would be fine too.

We hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for your considerations!

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I signed up with Starfleet Dental [SFD] on Maguuma, I hear they’re very professional.

I admire your bravery for joining Mag! Honestly didn’t expect to see you guys even ticking 185 on reset. Hope it keeps up.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I admire your bravery for joining Mag! Honestly didn’t expect to see you guys even ticking 185 on reset. Hope it keeps up.

Yea I gotta say too that I admire this guy for joining a guild on Mag.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I hope they still do firework zergs like they did on my stay on Maguuma. I LMAO when I was part of this one.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

This is inspired mostly by Pat Cavit on a hopelessly outmatched server, but I hope some or a lot of these devs will write a post or two about their experiences.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

This is inspired mostly by Pat Cavit on a hopelessly outmatched server, but I hope some or a lot of these devs will write a post or two about their experiences.

We on T8 still waiting to see if we will receive a visit… So far the one that went lowest was Paul Ella who will be on Darkhaven on T6 (Say Hi to Arius for me).

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Slushey.8236

Slushey.8236

Beware my bearbow, for I am going to be joining Knights of the Temple [KnT] on #Beastgate

Shazbawt! Welcome to [KnT], now we share a PvE and WvW guild…

Grand Duke Slushey of the Knîghtmare Court
Blackgate | Knîghtmare [KnM] | Knights of the Temple [KnT] | Attuned [Att]

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

I will be fighting for Helioz [Hel] and on loan to CERN tonight on TC.

There will be blood!

Chris

FYI my main guild is AARM (They just don’t do much WvW)

One of my favorite people, Mr. Lubedini, commands for Helioz NA. Dude is a great driver and a better person. Green Arrow is the bee’s knees, as well. Should have a good time with those cats on TC.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in WvW

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

I’ll be (staying) adopted by my fine friends at [GAF] over on SBI, see you all soon!

in WvW

Posted by: Ashodin.7604

Ashodin.7604

We missed you tonight! We were on for some hours. See you tomorrow night Colin!

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Did any devs wind up on FA? I think we’re in a rather unique position with the whole T2 thing. Half way between glory and complete misery.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

So for NA we got:
6 Devs playing in in T1 and 2 in T2 for a total of 8 in gold league
2 across all silver league
1 in bronze league

Well now this says a lot
I sure hope there are more devs than there appears to be playing in the silver and bronze leagues. So much for spreading themselves out ^__^

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I wonder how many devs there are actually…

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

I wonder how many devs there are actually…

360ish I think.

in WvW

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

We missed you tonight! We were on for some hours. See you tomorrow night Colin!

We got a nice little EB [GAF] group going for a bit tonight, DR had no idea what hit them when we snagged their SM and threw all our stuff in the mystic forge.

Look forward to seeing the big crew tomorrow Ash!

in WvW

Chaba.5410

So for NA we got:
6 Devs playing in in T1 and 2 in T2 for a total of 8 in gold league
2 across all silver league
1 in bronze league

Well now this says a lot
I sure hope there are more devs than there appears to be playing in the silver and bronze leagues. So much for spreading themselves out ^__^

Not like any regular WvW player here doesn’t stack into the top servers. :/

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

“Hello WvW folks! I have signed up with Semper Dius [Dius] on Kodash EU server to help them take down the dreaded Seafarer’s and Desolation bullies! I look forward to some good fights. I will try and live up to Semper Dius [Dius] standards!”

“DmD wiped GAF tonight in their homeland. I made sure to let everyone know it was your guild Colin. We were looking for your brilliant smile but there was only sadness :P”

NO MATCH UP THREADS ALLOWED!!!!

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

NO MATCH UP THREADS ALLOWED!!!!

The mods almost always let banter go until it gets hostile. Take notes.

in WvW

Posted by: VoskiSoor.2869

VoskiSoor.2869

No sing ups on YB? thats a shame you will miss out on our great siege tactics and generally fun nature.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

LET’S DO THIS!

This is somewhat ironic. If I mention why I will probably get infracted or banned.

Looks like all devs go in gold and top silver. Why guys don’t you go to Vabbi or Underworld ???

in WvW

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Can I adopt Robert Hrouda?

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

LET’S DO THIS!

I’d like to say this was a great idea Dev’s. And, to express my excitement and extend my thanks to Josh for coming over to JQ. It was a rough start being stuck on a home BL but, that’s as bad as it get’s. Tomorrow on an offensive map will be a lot more fun!

Oh, and a reminder to all the Dev’s, DO NOT be shy to speak up! There’s so many roles to be filled in WvW, I encourage you to try them all out. Let someone know what you’d prefer to do. If you like havok, let us know. If you like zerging, let us know. We’re all here to have fun together.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

LET’S DO THIS!

I’d like to say this was a great idea Dev’s. And, to express my excitement and extend my thanks to Josh for coming over to JQ. It was a rough start being stuck on a home BL but, that’s as bad as it get’s. Tomorrow on an offensive map will be a lot more fun!

Did he suck and what class was he playing?

in WvW

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

In case our times do not fit to anyone,will get be notified or our fate is to die in front of the pc waiting for asnwer?:)

in WvW

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Next

Hi Harris,

Most of the devs participating have found a new home at this point. I’m keeping sign ups from devs open for a few more days in case there are any stragglers. A couple of devs were out last week but let me know they want to sign up as soon as they get back. I’m sorry if you don’t get matched up this time around. We had far more sign ups than we have devs available.

Thanks,
John

in WvW

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for stepping up to volunteer for this program. I am pleased to announce that I have been taken in by an EU guild on Kodash. I’m excited to embark on my new WvW journey, and experiencing the Fall Tournament in my new home, with Visceral Effect.

I’d like to give a big thanks to the vE guild for adopting me. I’m thrilled to have an opportunity to participate in the tournament from an EU guild’s perspective. I will miss my guilds on NSP (and I’ll try to hop back over from time to time to say hello while EU is sleeping), but I very much look forward to the feedback and experiences we will all share through this initiative. Together, we’ll make a better WvW!

Much wuv,
Wubbuffet

We are thrilled having you with us Jessica! Lets do this! We will make sure those evil rams won’t get anywhere near you this time around <3

Team Aggression [TA]

in WvW

Chaba.5410

We had far more sign ups than we have devs available.

Hire some more! j/k

BTW, was that Pat squirreling away to get killed by us last night?

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: zugly.9035

zugly.9035

I am wondering if the devs will have the same queue length we got yesterday night on reset. I do not really find the way to describe it ! (discourage to play WvW as guild, because it was not possible with a lot of guildies crashing and going back to queue was so frustrating !!!)
Anyway, have fun all devs and players for this new WvW season

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfire.8079

Phoenixfire.8079

how on earth did you choose these guilds? some i’ve never even heard of and i’m sure one is PvX and not WvW.

EDIT: 2 on Kodash aswell? unfair tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: funassistant.6589

funassistant.6589

how on earth did you choose these guilds? some i’ve never even heard of and i’m sure one is PvX and not WvW.

I dunno about you but every EU guild that a dev chose is WvW dedicated (as far as I know). And about the 2 on Kodash those just happen to be 2 of the best WvW/GvG guilds in EU. So yeah. Not unfair. They’re just better.

Team Africa [TA]
European Overlord

in WvW

Phoenixfire.8079

I dunno about you but every EU guild that a dev chose is WvW dedicated (as far as I know). And about the 2 on Kodash those just happen to be 2 of the best WvW/GvG guilds in EU. So yeah. Not unfair. They’re just better.

So this is about the best guilds getting the devs? I can name better guilds than the ones who got devs that did not get devs. So yes, it’s unfair. Also if you don’t know if they are dedicated WvW guilds, which you don’t, do not try to correct me.

in WvW

Posted by: InsideMan.7920

InsideMan.7920

Maybe these Guilds just made a good application? Or the Devs just liked them?
In my oppinion they made a realy good choice, at leas in the EU… 3 of them are realy good WvW and GvG guilds, so the devs get some pretty good insight into the GvG scene (i hope)!.

Panic Boom [BomB]

in WvW

Posted by: Korny.3168

Korny.3168

LET’S DO THIS!

Did he suck and what class was he playing?

He was playing elementalist.
He was well….decent, considering we were fighting 50+ blobs with a lot of random damage.

I like how enemy also had a Dev with them so it was a Dev vs Dev epic mortal combat.
Kappa

Evelyn Charrborn [dF] – Far Shiverpeaks
Masterful “AP Whore”
~~~ AP – 21 500+ ~~~ Rank – 2900+ ~~~

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

HEY NSP!….WE FOUND YOUR DEV!!!

I think he got lost….Looks like he got in a fight with a wild ram in the wilderness…he didn’t make it…..You should take better care of him.

Attachments:

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

/slowclap

SFD has taken their trolling to a new level. I am impressed.

in WvW

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

I’ll be (staying) adopted by my fine friends at [GAF] over on SBI, see you all soon!

See you on the battlefield :P

We’ll train John to hunt you guys down soon enough

<3 DR

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Did any devs wind up on FA? I think we’re in a rather unique position with the whole T2 thing. Half way between glory and complete misery.

Lol. Even the Dev’s know that yer the only server that has to pay people to like you.

(edited by PabbyGaul.9682)

in WvW

Phoenixfire.8079

Maybe these Guilds just made a good application? Or the Devs just liked them?
In my oppinion they made a realy good choice, at leas in the EU… 3 of them are realy good WvW and GvG guilds, so the devs get some pretty good insight into the GvG scene (i hope)!.

How can you write a good app? The app is just info, like names,times,places etc…
Also they will not get a good insight at all. They probably will from Dius, but the other 2 “GvG” guilds I don’t think will give a good “insight” considering one of them is in the wrong tier and one of them dodges constantly.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Lol. Even the Dev’s know that yer the only server that has to pay people to like you.

Take it to another thread, HoD.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Finally, I wanted to give a big thanks to my new guild. A kind soul (who likes soul-reaping) saw me in the window and took me home to the kind folks of DmD on Devona’s Rest. I had a great time playing with my new family and I’m really looking forward to the weeks ahead!

Thanks!
John

I’ll be thinking of you every time I ask ‘was that enough damage?’

DmD has a pretty impressive organisation – they had us bouncing all around the map yesterday around midnight, trying to figure out where they were taking their omega golems. At some point we figured they’d probably waypointed to take Bay. Sure enough, we were right… but we were right a couple minutes too late.

Late at night, but you were in for a treat if you took part in that one.

in WvW

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Next

I was indeed part of that! At first I was part of the squad creating a distraction. Of course I managed to create a distraction by losing that squad and getting a half dozen of you to chase me for a couple of minutes while I ran in the wrong direction.

Later I was in on the golem attack. At one point though I stopped to res a fallen ally and ended up spending the next few minutes staring at the cliff that someone banished me over! I swear no good deed goes unpunished :P

It was great fun, nice to hear from someone on the other side of it!

in WvW

Posted by: Waikd.4632

Waikd.4632

Love the idea!

I hope you will all have a lot of fun in WvW, and that you will be able to experience the awesome communities there are in our game-type.

I was wondering whether you have any feedback planned to follow the initiative up with after the tournament ends. Perhaps a short list of impressions from being more involved on the player side of the experience?

I for one would like to hear how you experience the goods and the bads of wvw, especially the ones the forum community has been very vocal about (broken point system, coverage, griefers draining supply etc.)

in WvW

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

Finally, I wanted to give a big thanks to my new guild. A kind soul (who likes soul-reaping) saw me in the window and took me home to the kind folks of DmD on Devona’s Rest. I had a great time playing with my new family and I’m really looking forward to the weeks ahead!

Thanks!
John

I’ll be thinking of you every time I ask ‘was that enough damage?’

DmD has a pretty impressive organisation – they had us bouncing all around the map yesterday around midnight, trying to figure out where they were taking their omega golems. At some point we figured they’d probably waypointed to take Bay. Sure enough, we were right… but we were right a couple minutes too late.

Late at night, but you were in for a treat if you took part in that one.

You’ll never take us alive!! jumps golem off NW tower

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I will be fighting for Helioz [Hel] and on loan to CERN tonight on TC.

There will be blood!

Chris

FYI my main guild is AARM (They just don’t do much WvW)

Noooo!

Y u do dis Chris?

Signed:
A dissapointed applicant from Whiteside Ridge