Any reason not to transfer to best server?

in WvW

Posted by: Bletzkarn.4726

Bletzkarn.4726

I’m new to WvW and GW2 so I didn’t put much thought into my server world. Now I’d like to play WvW but my home population seems very low and as such WvW is very boring. We seem to lose 80% of our zerg fights due to low numbers. Sometimes our biggest force is wiped out by a simple roaming squad.

I’m not the best player in the world so die very quickly if I break off from the group, I prefer zergs at the moment.

I know it’s cheap and cheesy, but I feel like transferring to the most dominant world and rolling the other 2 factions. Seems like you’d get more experience and world bonuses that way.

Any reason, besides cost, to not just transfer to the best server?

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Personal improvement is over rated.

Take a guess as to which is currently the dominant server.

in WvW

Posted by: Roy.7405

Roy.7405

If you’re looking for more action at nearly any timezone on any day, I’d recommend a Tier 1 or Tier 2 server. If you’re looking for overwhelming victories (trust me, that gets boring quickly even if you’re used to losing) you’ll probably want to look at joining a tier 3-7 server since its not uncommon to get matched up against much weaker (or stronger) servers.

Looking at the site below may help you; it shows the current scores of all the matches and some other info you may find useful.
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

If you just want more rewards just go do EotM.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Some ppl i know love the 24/7 action t1 provides and have never turned back. Some have cursed it because its hard to find fair fights. But its the nature of the game. Anet have not really given us hopes of merging tiers or what they plan to do with the overall dwindling population.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

I guess you are in a good server, but i recommend you should go to the best server.
Indeed, WvW never balanced. That is why your server lose of the zerg all the time. There’re no rules in the wars. It always will be 2 vs 1 (especially in Tier 1.) And Anet staffs can’t control those bad (cheating) players.

Importantly, the victories did not mean the accuracy or the justice. A victory might be filled with evil….. sometimes.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

if your reason is getting bored/stale/guild dying its hopeless in any tier.

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Here are the reasons not to transfer

1. Transfers are really expensive. They cost half of what the game costs.

2. If you play in prime time, your server and the opposing servers basically have good coverage and you will get a good experience.

3. The rewards for winning are fairly meaningless.

PS. OP mentioned wanting to break off from the Zerg and make a meaningful impact on the game. Perhaps he should transfer down to lower populated servers where such things are not only possible but how the game’s played.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Sounds like you just want people to play with. Zerg fight victories are a coin toss either way, as it depends on the core composition of the zerg (the classes that make up the zerg – having minimal engineers and rangers makes a difference) and a good commander leading. If a good commander is leading a zerg full of ranged classes with little to no melee, he will lose fights due to having less sustain/tank. If he has too many melee/tanks and not enough ranged glass cannons, he will lose due to not being able to kill the enemy. Both of these scenarios get thrown out the window if there’s a population difference of more than 1.5:1, assuming similar skill level. This will be true no matter which tier you go to.

Dominant servers come and go. The server that’s currently dominating might not be in 2-3 months. There’s no “Best server” as it’s not a static thing. If you want people to play with, pick a higher tier server and roll with it. Find a solid WvW guild and grow with them. Biggest does not mean best.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

There is no “best server”, however you will want to find a stable server. (Meaning one which is less likely to self implode due to drama, or people bored of wvw.)

If looking for more active servers in wvw, try tier 1 or 2, which covers the top 6 servers in WvW rankings. (Now keep in mind that even the top ranked servers do have times they lack people in wvw, however it can be equal of a lower ranked servers “peak” wvw time.)

As for cost, if you recently got the game and do not have a level80, you should be able to delete your character and Anet could move you for free. (I think you can use that option once.)

If looking to join a server to just roll over the enemy, keep in mind many servers fight one another in the higher rankings, with less WvW population imbalance than lower ranked servers currently.

I’ll PM ya to speak further. ^.~

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Tranafers to SFR – EU worked out like this.

why SFR got not that many bangwagoneers? Got ideas? ok.
1 guy bangwagons to SFR cause SFr is number 1 server in PPT.
This 1 guy, let’s call him Bob, got 5 friends on all other “hardcore” servers like RoF, Underwolrd etc etc etc. So 5 Bob’s friends transfering to SFR cause they got friend there(Bob), they don’t care about ppt AND….AND…those Bob’s friends got 5 friends each aswell that trasnfering to SFR that got “friEND” there (the guy that u saying “nice to see you” but you actually never seen him in reallife adn maybe he is not that nice oOooO).
That’s how story goes. So low Bangwagoneers on SFR, we just all friends of Bob or FRiends of friends of friends of Bob, u know what i mean.
And if you got some “friend” transfered to SFr and when u ask him “-Why?” he says:“-Becuase all my Bobs are playing here.” Ofcourse now all the Bobs transfered to SFR. We can kittening cover 4 WvW maps and all overflows in EOTM with our Bob’s friends army.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

I know it’s cheap and cheesy, but I feel like transferring to the most dominant world and rolling the other 2 factions. Seems like you’d get more experience and world bonuses that way.

Doing this won’t improve your skills as a player. By all means transfer to get better fights, but don’t transfer to a server that’s dominating PPT because they have more people or better coverage. All that will do is make you better at knocking down doors but when the doors hit back you’ll be running towards spawn.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in WvW

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

I wouldn’t advise transferring to top tier servers. I am in a T1 EU server and it is mostly mega-zerg v mega-zerg and long queues. I’d pick a mid level server because waiting for an hour and a half + to just get into WvW is really pretty dull. Then you finally get in, DC after 5 minutes and back in the queue you go. Plus top tier servers don’t have as much roaming, people stick to zeros a lot (though it does still exist). My favourite parts of WvW are when its quieter and you have to work harder with smaller groups, top tiers are too saturated. Then again I’d never move because I feel a loyalty to my server and have worked to help us win for a long time

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

A very good point.

2. If you play in prime time, your server and the opposing servers basically have good coverage and you will get a good experience.

Also a good point; if you’re in it for fights play on a server with activity in your timezone and you will find them. Aside from a couple servers like BP and Mag who had a mass exodus, you should be fine.

Yep. Three, count ’em, three whole bonus chests go to the server that wins a matchup. They contain the same garbage that rank chests have with the occasional lucky find.

PS. OP mentioned wanting to break off from the Zerg and make a meaningful impact on the game. Perhaps he should transfer down to lower populated servers where such things are not only possible but how the game’s played.

Pretty much, although even lower tier servers aren’t exempt from zerging. It’s just not a 24/7 practice.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: zsomer.9547

zsomer.9547

New transfers are ussually kill the server.Let’s see:sfr is 1st.Why?Becouse we got 1k+ transfers for “1st” ranking.Now we have always queue on EBG.The half of veterans left to FSP.

Desolation – [PT],[IRON]

in WvW

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I mean he obviously stated he is a zerg player with not much intention of getting better mechanically or roaming – go ahead you will not be much use to a bottom tier server anyway

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

It depends what you want. If you want to win by points, then moving to rank #1 makes all the sense. But outside the seasons you gain personally nothing when your server wins the match up. Being #1 doesn’t mean you will be winning most of the fights in prime time, when most of the players are on, but it means mostly rather boring player vs door (pvd), capturing undefended objectives at night time or morning.

If you want lots of loot bags, you should consider transferring to a server which has good guilds and is often matched up against the top servers. Like Hvaran.6327 explained, the top server tends to be #1 destination bandwagoners. This will eventually mean that the old hard core players will move to other servers and the overall quality will go down as those remain are more interested in playing whatever way to gain easy win by Points per Tick (PpT). Currently the easiest way is to play when other servers are sleeping and having zone wide blob to flip everything. Lots of big blobs means lots of loot bags for the enemy servers. Currently SFR and FSP have the biggest blobs. But if loot is your main motivation, then pve is even better choice.

If you want challenge, then playing on an underdog is the way go. On the lowest ranked servers, every player really counts, but be prepared to be often alone.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I dunno. I was on JQ from release toll about 2 months ago. I liked JQ, don’t get me wrong. But my guild transferred to YB and it has been extremely fun.

There is no reason to move to “the best server” or even a T1 server. Many large guilds from the T1 servers in general have move to the 2-3 T2 servers since we moved to YB

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

OP should at least supply minimal info like:

1. EU or NA
2. What time do you typically play? NA, OCX, SEA or EU
3. What language do you speak

After that’s provided you should have an easier time of finding a server to transfer to.

Since you like being in a zerg it would be better for you to be in a guild zerg instead of a pug zerg, so you should also look into a guild at the same time.

I will warn you that transferring as an individual is a lot harder than transferring as a guild, especially if you don’t like your destination.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Reason not to transfer?

Ask yourself: “Why do I play a game?”

Obviously, the answer should be something like “I find it fun”… there’s your reason.

Low tiers can be a lot of fun to fight on, if you manage to get into roaming.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Moving from a low pop server will likely make your limited play time more fulfilling. “Server Loyalty” is pointless and has little merit since we all started on a server mostly by random choice.

I suggest T1 or T2 and pretty much any server in those tiers is a solid pick.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Moving from a low pop server will likely make your limited play time more fulfilling. “Server Loyalty” is pointless and has little merit since we all started on a server mostly by random choice.

I suggest T1 or T2 and pretty much any server in those tiers is a solid pick.

I feel you on server loyalty.

Everything is mega servered now, it throws out the server pride.
If cities were still server based rather than megaservered it wouldn’t be so bad, but the only thing server based is WvW and that’s really sad.

Mine as well just remove servers since everything is mega server, really no point in joining a server except to be apart of there WvW community, which Jade Quarry is the strongest WvW community there is by being in T1 for so long, its a server that’s not really leaving T1 anytime in future or near future.

But yes, it makes no sense to even have servers anymore, mine as well just let people create there character and not even ask for a server since everything is mega server. Just turn WvW into Guilds. Guilds are pretty useless in this game anyways (has a tiny impact on game, no strong reason why you should join a guild), might as well make useful for a change by making WvW Guild based instead and making it smaller scale.

Spice up the game and make it good vs evil vs neutral. The thing is, you don’t have much freedom in the game and everyone is forced as a good being, unlike the traditional MMORPG style of playing evil… Orges, Dark Elves, or just by worshipping evil gods.

But yes, megaservers pretty much killed the server pride, although I’m still proud to be on Jade Quarry and how great my world is doing. Some people may say server loyalty doesn’t matter, but Jade Quarry is one of those servers where vast majority of the people on that world are loyal to that world and proud too. We don’t have many xfers off, xfers on unlike the other servers have. Jade Quarry is truly a unique server, should have a ribbon for best world NA.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

I play transferred off a dominant server to DR because i wanted some fair fights and i wanted to be able to face zergs with a much smaller team and laugh my way to victory. nothing is sweeter than killing 50 with 12 in the open field

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

OP, zerging/winnig all the time does get boring after a while, I started on Blackgate and decided to move just after a month of wvw’ing. Been on Vabbi for 1.5yrs now and I guess I still have some server pride for Vabbi, even tho I do rant a lot when vabbis get wiped by same size group.

Hvaran, the chat is so toxic on SFR these days that even veterans that don’t mind queues get tired of reading that bs 24/7.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Hvaran, the chat is so toxic on SFR these days that even veterans that don’t mind queues get tired of reading that bs 24/7.

No way!) All bob’s friends are working kitten SFr now =))

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Heard on TS that there’ll be no worlds on season 4.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I’m new to WvW and GW2 so I didn’t put much thought into my server world. Now I’d like to play WvW but my home population seems very low and as such WvW is very boring. We seem to lose 80% of our zerg fights due to low numbers. Sometimes our biggest force is wiped out by a simple roaming squad.

I’m not the best player in the world so die very quickly if I break off from the group, I prefer zergs at the moment.

Define “best”. If you mean the one that came first in last season you might want to go to the T1 winner. Otherwise if “best” means the place where you will have more fun (depending on what is fun for you), T1 might or not be “the best”.

I personally prefer underdogs servers as long as it isn’t ridiculously underdog like my adopted server has become (SoR). I find little joy in karma training and steamrolling everything. I like to work for what I get.

The other thing that has become very important for me is the community. I left Mag because it had became toxic and I’d do so every time forever. Winning along side too many kittens can be a real downer. So much so that loosing among friends and companions is definitely better in my case.

It is a hard balance to strike…

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

in WvW

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

not seeing this anywhere. he said he wants the exact opposite. he wants to zerg. his problem is that the zergs he currently runs with are losing.

in WvW

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

I’ve never been on a T1 server, but heard the map queue’s are really long. not sure if this is still the case since eotm was introduced. also depends on when you normally play. obviously, reset night is usually packed, but if you play off-peak hrs it shouldn’t be an issue. T2 queue’s seem rare now and don’t last long.

I would echo others’ statements that dominating other servers can be just as boring as getting rolled. If you are looking for zerg-fights, you’ll see that they are harder to find in dominating matchups since the opponents can get discouraged.

world bonuses are negligible, so I don’t think it’s much of a reward. if it’s rewards you’re after, you can still get plenty on medium/smaller servers. Outmanned buff activates automatically when a certain numerical disadvantage is attained and gives +33% experience, +20% magic find, and +25% wvw experience. if you fall in w/ a good guild group, you can roll over bigger zergs and rack up the loot w/ Outmanned buff. on the other hand, they might be upset if you’re a rally-bot, so it’d be best to take a tankier build even if you can’t contribute much to dps. rewards (especially xp if you’re leveling) are good in eotm, but I think alot of servers just karma-train there, so you might not find zerg-vs-zerg fights.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

There’s no queues on T1 (at least on BG) outside for 2~3 maps on reset night.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Signaling Fire.8402

Signaling Fire.8402

“Rolling” the other 2 servers because you have more numbers (normally your ‘#1’ server is going to be pulling more transfers than the other 2 servers) does not give you more ‘experience,’ it makes you lazy as a player because you’ll just be karma training and PvDing most of the time when the other servers avoid your massive blob. Anytime your #1 server can’t pull a blob they will probably get rolled, lol.

World bonuses are worthless imo. You want (nearly) guaranteed ascended drops? Go FotM every day. You want actual rewards? Go PvE. You want decent rewards with a PvP aspect? Go EotM or PvP.

Just…don’t transfer to NA T1. Seriously. TC is just ktraining all the time now that most of Mag and SoR have fled to TC (as well as they’ve had many EU transfers.) Most TC pugs are awful anyhow. BG hibernates outside of seasons (#Hibergate), and during season 3 they crushed JQ and TC hard. No clue what BG will be like once/if their players come back from their PvE/EotM farming off-season – if a majority of their players do come back I will expect them to roll everyone (#Beastgate). JQ had some guilds leave their server for T2 I believe, and half of TW took the chance to jump from BG to JQ and form their own division with Dods (TWL) to keep the server from getting totally rolled during NA/EU.

Not really sure what T2 is like anymore. Most of it seems pretty toxic from reading the gw2wvw.net forums. T3 is just 2 servers getting dominated by the T2 server that drops down (there are 4 servers that fit in T2 from what I’ve heard.)

I could be wrong about some of this but, as a NA T1 player, most of what I’ve said is what I’ve seen firsthand.

Whatever server is dominating T1 is dependent on how many guilds have died off due to NA T1 WvW dying and/or other games like AA being released. It’s also dependent on the number of transfers you’re getting to replace those guilds that have died or left gw2/your server. And of course it depends on which servers/guilds stop giving a kitten about WvW when it’s not seasons/tournament time.

(edited by Signaling Fire.8402)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I wouldn’t waste your money unless you’re way down in t8 and NA prime player…
GOM>FA>GOM>IOJ>GOM>CD>IOJ>BG and I can safely say after moving to BG this week that BG oceanic is just as dead as GoM oceanic…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

TC has become pretty open to newcomers. As someone who has been on Tarnished Coast from the start, seeing guilds move between servers felt disloyal at first. Last year it was pretty high drama when a major guild left for a rival server.

But since the tournaments this year, the influx of new guilds has been fun. It’s fun to get to know new people. It doesn’t seem strange to see a new guild group pop a tag any more.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

TC is a great server to transfer to…..I just did from Kaineng. I would highly recommend transferring to a T1 or T2 server if you want pretty much non stop WvW action. I can’t even begin to tell you how much better the action is in WvW on a T1 server compared to a low end server like I used to belong to. And yea, the transfer fees are expensive. But I love WvW, and I don’t pay a monthly sub, so spending 1800 gems(or something like that) was a no brainer to me. And am really glad I did it!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Theres no que on Jade Quarry, except during new matchup/ matchup reset. Every now and then there will be a que but quick que on EB and JQBL.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

also, JQ and BG need some help against TC.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Anyone who says TC is ktrain is simply not in voice communications and not playing the game right. They don’t know what they are talking about.

If you run with a TC commander without listening to voice comms, you are going to get used like an npc. That may feel like ktrain, or it may feel like the commander just got you killed on purpose, for some reason.

Or maybe, the whole zerg just disappeared into thin air.

For the Toast!

(edited by Nanyetah Elohi.4852)

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

You should figure out what it is that you find fun rather than because server a is beating b and c now. Chances are if your not finding wvw that fun because your server is getting swarmed by the other servers population then you prolly won’t enjoy being on the other end running around to swarm small groups of players. Imo Id rather being at a disadvantage even with the kittenty downstate system knowing i was gonna lose than to completely outnumber a small group of players.

Not saying there aren’t good players there, but transferring doesn’t suddenly make you a better player. For the longest time there was this notion that higher tiers are better than lower tiers, yet once they lose their population and coverage advantage where have they ended up? I can’t even begin to describe my laughter howls at the number of players who double dodge roll my spatial surges to get shatter bursted a sec later.

Sure youll get more player exp and world xp ranks if thats something that matters to you I guess. If your trying to impress others then its beyound meaningless, Ive watched a platinum champion get absoluetly destroyed repeatedly by a bronze soldier.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Transfer down or you’re doing it wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

transfer cost to much !

#ripoff !

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Reported for obvious reasons. You reap what you sow.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

There is only one good reason to not transfer to the TOP-Serever:
If all do there is no one to fight.

But the following may be an optimal strategy for everyone ( the transferee and the not transferring ones):

If we assume we have enough player to fill 6 (3) server:
Always transfer to the currently 6th (3rd) server.

You will be we’re the action is, and most important, if all do it will result in balance, I.e. Interesting fights.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Im playing in SFR and the only time where queue is a issue is on reset night. This time it was only in EB. Most of the time there just queue in eb and occasionally one other border.
So the Queue and zerg thing is just not true you can chose to zerg or not to zerg depending what border you play. There really i’sent any downsides to winning.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

There is only one good reason to not transfer to the TOP-Serever:
If all do there is no one to fight.

But the following may be an optimal strategy for everyone ( the transferee and the not transferring ones):

If we assume we have enough player to fill 6 (3) server:
Always transfer to best currently 6th (3rd) server.

You will be we’re the action is, and most important, if all do it will result in balance, I.e. Interesting fights.

It is true. And I’m tempted to add my weight by paying a transfer. This is most likely what A-Net would prefer but can’t say out loud. That being said, there is a reason why people often split from their server and it isn’t always because of numbers. Is there a T1 server that isn’t full of kittens ATM?

in WvW

Posted by: Videles.6759

Videles.6759

Just purchase another game and start on such a server. You get 5 extra character slots to for like 20 euro’s this way. And free if its on 50% discount

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

*Why not to transfer:

1) wvw gives almost 0 rewards compared with pve. Be in the best or worst server wont change much.

2)If you want karma train you can go to EoTM. It is actually easier to karma train in bad servers than in T1 because you can cap undefended stuff most of the time

3) The higher tier you go the bigger the blobs become.

4) You will waste gold.

5) If you want legit balanced (not 100% balance but better than wvw) fights go spvp.

*Reasons to transfer to the best server:

1) Once in a while you get more tickets in the tournament.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]