Ascended Gear for 1000 Badges

in WvW

Posted by: IKaikiasI.1932

IKaikiasI.1932

One Piece of Ascended Gear = 1000 Badges of Honor

I play PvP and WvW only and I just want the best equip for at least two of my characters without doing PvE. That’s all.

The chance for me to be able to reach this aim is 0. I earn maybe 10-20g each week and I have ~30 Laurels for Accessorys and Rings.

I play WvW and I want the gear too.

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Please anet, please.

Please. Please please.

Ive given up on getting ascended gear as I refuse to PvE…. this would be amazing

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Yes! Please! I understand you want to make people grind for it to keep people playing everyday, and you want them to spend gold on the gold sink that is crafting, but those of us that WvW already have a reason to log on everyday, and between food, siege, armor repair, etc. WvW is already a huge gold sink.

Please don’t make us waste time in a part of the game we hate to remain competitive in the part of the game we enjoy. Handicapping me in WvW because I abhor crafting isn’t something that will keep me logging on.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

in EoTM you can make 1k badges in a few hours, so…. I don’t think they’ll go for it.

in WvW

IKaikiasI.1932

in EoTM you can make 1k badges in a few hours, so…. I don’t think they’ll go for it.

Without Weapons and Aquatic Weapons you would still need 12k badges for one character. I don’t know how many badges you can get in EotM, but it still seems fair to me.

Or they could reduce the amount of badges you can get in EotM. However, Ascended for Badges.

(edited by IKaikiasI.1932)

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Even if it’s for, say, 5k Badges I would still welcome this thing.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ve always supported players being able to earn top-tier gear by playing the mode they want, so yes, I would support this proposal. It would probably be a combination of Badges + gold + various Ascended mats (Bloodstone Dust/Empyreal Fragments/Dragonite Ore), however, to make sure it wasn’t “easier” to get than crafting (which would nullify the secondary purpose of Ascended gear providing a big sink for low-level crafting mats).

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

I think that it’s a good idea but the number of badges for an ascended item would have to be more than that due to EoTM giving more badges.

It allows you to get the gear you want for the format you want by playing the format you want. It would still be slower to get this way than through PvE which is good because PvE should be the faster way (but not the only way!) to get this stuff. I also think that there’s less of an argument against this idea, given that it’s slower to get ascended this way.

It’d probably encourage more zergs, which many people hate, though I don’t see anything wrong. I’ve found solo roaming on warrior and spam flipping supply camps to be the fastest way to get badges in WvW but I haven’t played EoTM enough to get a good feel for the precise amount of badges I get out of it to compare.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I could see something like 1200 badges+3 laurels+10 Gold for Shoulders, Gloves, and boots. 1500 badges+4 laurels+15 golds for Helm and Pants. 1800 badges+5 Laurels+20 gold for Chest and Weapons.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I could see something like 1200 badges+3 laurels+10 Gold for Shoulders, Gloves, and boots. 1500 badges+4 laurels+15 golds for Helm and Pants. 1800 badges+5 Laurels+20 gold for Chest and Weapons.

I like this

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, the Laurels is a good extra “fee”.

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Just give us ascended back items in WvW already…

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I’m a huge WvWer. Amongst all my characters, I’m probably about rank 1000. I hardly PvE. Why do so many people say they need to do PvE for ascended gear? You get the mats from drops. Not getting enough? You can buy the middle stage stuff. Don’t get enough gold? Then spend a little bit of time crafting stuff that’s profitable. How on earth do you not have the laurels? I have them coming out of my butt. My daily is done everyday thanks to the expanded daily achievements. Monthly done within a week. I’ve got a ton of skill points.

In all, I’ve crafted a set of armor, and a bunch of weapons. I’m not going to craft any more armor, however, because I find the stat increase not worth the time, gold, laurels, and skill points. I’d rather spend that stuff on something else.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Gobabis.5296

Gobabis.5296

1000 badges and 5 rank points for ascended seems fair.

And why not allow us to pay for upgrades to keeps and towers with badges?

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

1000? lol

way to cheap

i dont play wvw anymore for months now and even i have 1300 badges just from AP Chests – and i always use the 25 when its daily and i buy amulets for twinks with laurel + badges

something like 2500-5000 would be ok when only can wear it in wvw

but when its the normal ascendent gear than just now – it is so much more worth than some badges^^

in WvW

IKaikiasI.1932

1000? lol

way to cheap

i dont play wvw anymore for months now and even i have 1300 badges just from AP Chests – and i always use the 25 when its daily and i buy amulets for twinks with laurel + badges

but when its the normal ascendent gear than just now – it is so much more worth than some badges^^

I’m fine with wvw only. It’s actually a very good idea. But especially when it’s wvw only you shouldn’t need such a ridiculous amount of badges for one single piece. Just try it out how long it takes to get 1000 badges in normal wvw.

(edited by IKaikiasI.1932)

in WvW

Posted by: abor.9358

abor.9358

please give wvwers a little love anet

in WvW

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

I am willing to up the ante 10,000 badges of honor and 10 gold and 25 laurels and 50 ectoplasm and 1 gift of battle for a single ascended weapon of choice. Here is why.

Ascended things take work to make and a lot of materials. 10,000 badges takes 1-2 months to get so it makes sense that 1 months hard work goes toward 1 ascended.

Arena net has always promised its players max level gear will be available to everyone no matter what game type they enjoy. People do not enjoy the crafting game type it is very boring and tedious (like the day lies before they got changed).

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Throw in backpieces and we have a winner.

Those would take me a while to get (which I guess is the point) but at least I’d be able to get them doing something I enjoy.

in WvW

Natronix.9827

10k badges is going abit extreme though..

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

1000? lol

way to cheap

I play WvW several times a week and never buy anything, I only have 3000. There was a point a while back where they buffed badge drops from players and they were really easy to get, but I think they have since nerfed that. The only people that would be swimming in badges are the loot hammer train groups.

Current ascended gear is too costly putting it out of reach of most players. This is especially true with ferocity coming up and the risk of making gear that is no longer that great.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghostrider.6537

Ghostrider.6537

Love this idea please do.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

1k badges are a lot. farming 6k for a set is 3-4 months with an intensive (not 24/7 farm) gameplay. and this is just one set for one character. i suggest a material from mystic forge. u drop in a gift of battle, x ascended materials and after you got the stuff u can change it for ascended at a merchant

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

1000 is too low, but yeah in principle I agree. It should be an option.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: stoat.4257

stoat.4257

2000 badges and 2000 bloodstone dust. Sounds like a deal to me.

Maguuma

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

2000 badges and 2000 bloodstone dust. Sounds like a deal to me.

yeah I have no problem with that, I’ve got bloodstone dust coming out of my ears.

I actually think it would be a good thing for it to be a little easier to get ascended through WvW. People might play it and find they really enjoy it which would give them a reason to log on everyday. Crafting would just be for the people that are completely opposed to PvP.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Even additional 20-30 laurels would be in reach of a WvW-only player.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

1k badges is too easy to get for ascended that would be unfair as I broke my back for those.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Natronix.9827

Doesn’t have to be 1k badges, just something relatively possible for a wvw player who drains most of his/her money on the game mode to get the ascended pieces without having to PvE

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Dayra.7405

But the best and easiest solution:

Upgrade exotic-stats to the corresponding ascended-stats while in WvW.
Then you need only ascended stuff for items that have no correspondence in exotic.

I mean every lvl 1 is upgraded in WvW to lvl 80, why isn’t equipment?

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

Upgrade exotic-stats to ascended-stats while in WvW.

I mean every lvl 1 is upgrade in WvW to lvl 80, why isn’t equipment?

If they do that I want a refund on my Ascended gear. I spent a fortune making my WvW set and if they are going to negate the hours upon hours of mindless grinding I went through to get it I need something in return.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

If they do that I want a refund on my Ascended gear. I spent a fortune making my WvW set and if they are going to negate the hours upon hours of mindless grinding I went through to get it I need something in return.

You have a return: You can use it where you earned it: in PvE

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

That works too. I would actually much prefer this as it would give me a chance to get armor with different stats so I could explore different builds without worrying about gear creep. Now if they would just add an armor locker, or player housing, or something to the gem store so I could store my stuff somewhere.

LGN

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

It’s my WvW set, next to worthless in PvE. My full exotic zerk set is more efficient than my WvW ascended set so there is no way I will be using it in PvE.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

It’s my WvW set, next to worthless in PvE. My full exotic zerk set is more efficient than my WvW ascended set so there is no way I will be using it in PvE.

Your current ascended will be second choice on a second choice character-class soon anyway.

Or do you think there will be no skill-adaptaions in the future, that rebalance classes.
So your current class may need different stats, or your whole character will become superfluous.

Ascended is just to much effort for WvW, where you have to react to skill changes fast, currently player suffer to much from pay-to-win in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: JoiLink.5084

JoiLink.5084

2-3k badges + 50-100 Glob’s of Ectoplasm=1 Ascended
(+ maybe 15-40 Layrel’s)

Golden Horde [GH]
Desolation

(edited by JoiLink.5084)

in WvW

IKaikiasI.1932

Doesn’t have to be 1k badges, just something relatively possible for a wvw player who drains most of his/her money on the game mode to get the ascended pieces without having to PvE

Exactly!

2-3k badges + 50-100 Glob’s of Ectoplasm=1 Ascended
(+ maybe 10-15 Layrel’s)

Ridiculous prices are no solution. I have an other suggestion:

1000 badges + 3 days cooldown for the npc if you buy one piece

So you would still need 1,5 months until you get one set.

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

“I refuse to pve but i want my gears pls pls pls”. Bunch of cry babies. Want gear ? Go farm it.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

I am willing to up the ante 10,000 badges of honor and 10 gold and 25 laurels and 50 ectoplasm and 1 gift of battle for a single ascended weapon of choice. Here is why.

Ascended things take work to make and a lot of materials. 10,000 badges takes 1-2 months to get so it makes sense that 1 months hard work goes toward 1 ascended.

Arena net has always promised its players max level gear will be available to everyone no matter what game type they enjoy. People do not enjoy the crafting game type it is very boring and tedious (like the day lies before they got changed).

Everything you currently need to craft ascended gear drops in www. There’s even crafting stations in citadel. Suck it up.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

Your current ascended will be second choice on a second choice character-class soon anyway.

Or do you think there will be no skill-adaptaions in the future, that rebalance classes.
So your current class may need different stats, or your whole character will become superfluous.

Ascended is just to much effort for WvW, where you have to react to skill changes fast, currently player suffer to much from pay-to-win in WvW.

I agree, that’s why I made it pretty balanced and didn’t min max it. It is solid and easily adaptable by changing a few trinkets. They would have to completely destroy 2 weapon sets or make power builds utterly useless for it not to be viable anymore.

Everything you currently need to craft ascended gear drops in www. There’s even crafting stations in citadel. Suck it up.

For the longest time Dragonite was ridiculously hard to come by in WvW. I could farm several hundred of them in a night of PvE plus making a kitten pile of gold doing it. WvW has a ton of gold sinks and pretty shody rewards. Up until the last patch anyone expecting to craft an ascended set from WvW only was looking at several months worth of work. It’s a little better now but still no where near as good as building one in PvE.

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

My ascended from a year ago is still viable in wvw now full ascended and its viable and i dont think it will change anytime soon. zerk wars ftw

in WvW

Dayra.7405

My ascended from a year ago is still viable in wvw now full ascended and its viable and i dont think it will change anytime soon. zerk wars ftw

Where did you got ascended armor and weapons a year ago?

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

I think he meant to say exotic.

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

1000? lol

way to cheap

1000 is nothing. 2500 is too cheap either compared to the effort needed and timegate bumps you have to hop to get asc in PvE.

10k is probably more in the ballpark. But still, you cannot make direct comparisons of efforts between PvE and WvW.

1k badges are a lot. farming 6k for a set is 3-4 months with an intensive (not 24/7 farm) gameplay. and this is just one set for one character.

Problem is, most of dedicated WvWers (those who really need availability of asc on WvW) have humongous amounts of badges already.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

“I refuse to pve but i want my gears pls pls pls”. Bunch of cry babies. Want gear ? Go farm it.

Most of us don’t want the gear. if they would give ascended the same stats as exotic in WvW I wouldn’t care less about that ugly gear. The problem is the only place that stat increase really makes a difference is in WvW, especially when fighting several people at once.

I think most people here would be a lot happier if they quit trying to shove pve crap into WvW, but if we have to have it then they should at least give us a way to acquire bis gear without doing brain dead pve champ farming, out making us sit at a stupid kittening crafting station for hours.

I play to have fun. kitten me right?

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

1000 badges are worth less than 10g, I doubt it would be that cheap. Maybe 15k badges per part.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I meant rings/back item and you can already get them in wvw i know.

in WvW

Posted by: Kvothe.1467

Kvothe.1467

Honestly I think you all need to open up the Gem Store and spend about $500 on Gems, switch it to gold, buy all the required pieces to make each ascended piece on the TP and do just a little bit of crafting.

I feel emotions when I think about you.

in WvW

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

/signed (like so many times before)

I’m happy that there’s still players out there that care this much!

I just lost faith.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

1,000 badges =‘s aprox 167 flame rams… @ current market of 3.6s that’s about 6g @ npc price of 6s ea that’s about 10g… too cheap.

However, there should be some way of getting them through badges + laurels.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa