Badwrongfun in EotM

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I have no problems with people playing the game however they want; if they want to karma train, roam, whatever.

But the attitude by many EotM players is appalling. There will be times where I’ll advertise that a group is taking some point or another. If it was ignored, or people said “we’re karma training, sorry” or whatever, that would be fine.

But no. The answers I get are “if you want to defend, you’re in the wrong map, this map is for karma training, go to WVW.”

Or similar.

Seriously? My suggestion that we try and defend is actually somehow some kind of badwrongfun?

I end up pointing to the others that this map was designed as a kind of wvw, which is a kind of PVP, and NOT PVE/PVD; they are welcome to enjoy the game however they want, but don’t tell me how to play either, or to leave the map for some other.

Fortunately, I do find some like-minded people. I remember 5 of us stacking up on a couple trebs and several superior ACs, and getting some 40+ bags defending and BREAKING attacks on our fort, on more than one occasion in a single match. The loot was pretty decent, but it was also fun.

Badwrongfun, apparently, as out of two commanders there, one cursed us for taking away their chances to flip it later. TOO BAD, I have no obligation to play the way YOU want me to either.

IF this map is really designed to be wvw, and not pvd, then I think a change need to be made. Kind of like with Queen’s Pavilion, take away the chests and drops from the champions, have an end-of-match reward. For example, to encourage people to not just hand over their strategic positions without protest, perhaps have a scaling reward based on how long a point is held – so the longer you hold it, the more points it awards.

This would make it less rewarding to just ignore the fact that your foe is attacking your fortresses.

You could also have a personal point total, so someone cant just hop in and out for 5 minutes and get the same reward as everyone else.

At the end of the match, then a reward is emailed, or sent to the bottom right of your screen, based on your personal total + your realm total.

That way, people would STILL get rewards, but have them think less karma train and more wvwish… which WAS the intention of this map, I believe, plus relieve people who are queued for hours in wvw in the meantime.

Its turned into pve with the occasional pvp once in awhile… pvd…. which again, would be fine if it wasn’t for the fact people are actually CLAIMING this map is for karma trains, and chastising those who disagree.

I’m hoping for a fix.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

People karma train eotm because it’s probably the best karma option, while still also being very lucrative and one of the best places to level an alt.

To “fix” the issue, Anet’s typical solution (sorry guys, but it is the trend) is to nerf the kitten out of it. Unfortunately this will simply make people go play something else, rather than simply promoting more varied play in that map, which I think is what you’re going for.

Ideally, to truly ‘fix’ the issue, all other parts of the game would need to be brought up to the same level of ‘rewarding’ as eotm is, as opposed to eotm being reduced (which just shuffles everyone to the next most rewarding content). This would mean that people could simply ‘play’ however they wished (theoretically) and be equally rewarded as someone doing another part of the game. Dungeons vs fractals vs DE vs whatever, it wouldn’t matter. However, there are 2 flaws here. One is simply the fact that rewards in game are imbalanced and to an extent have to be since content A is not necessarily as difficult as content B, and there should be (though isn’t necessarily) a difference in reward for harder content. The other is simple human nature – we always seek to follow the path of least resistance that gives the most reward.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I have made it a mission to derail the enemy karma trains as often as possible. I will set my group of 10-12 at bridges or blind corners and wreck the karma trains. Hopefully if enough people start doing this eotm will become more PvP oriented. If not no loss for me and my group as the bags just rain down.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I have made it a mission to derail the enemy karma trains as often as possible. I will set my group of 10-12 at bridges or blind corners and wreck the karma trains. Hopefully if enough people start doing this eotm will become more PvP oriented. If not no loss for me and my group as the bags just rain down.

You can derail own karma train too. It’s fun drop 15 arrow cart build sites in gate and karma train commander will rage like mad man.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

In EotM I use to after reset head to our keep to rebuild siege just in case someone wanted to defend the place, I got tired of it rather quickly between the rants of wasting supply (like the opposition is just gonna leave it and not drain when capped) to the lack of willing people to even try to defend, there’s little point to even try.

I’m not kitten’d off about it because running with the train has it’s advantages even if your just looking to kill time, we’ve had some pretty epic battles in the last week or so and the opposition has chosen to send a few players over to our server to troll with ballista and stimulating chat, good thing most of us are thick skinned and find humor in it, regardless of their attempts we still got our supplies, capped our objectives, and got quite a few bags in the process.

I don’t see EotM ever being much more than a K-Train which is fine with me, but as soon as the new season starts I’ll go back to EB.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

EoTM was designed to test megaserver tech and reduce waiting times during seasons.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I actually had lots of fun defending in EotM since the tourney was over. And you dont really need much people for it. Yesterday i checked out every bit of the green corner as we havent been green for 2 months and looked for some nice spots to place some superior acs. Mostof the time, we needed only 2.3 people to stop the enemy train.
I also found nice cata spots to knock the unsuspecting enemy train off a bottleneck or cliff.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

I love reading people’s posts about karma train derailing!

Morfedel, I feel the same about EotM. I’ve seen people berate other people who attempt to defend a keep, tower, or objective. Why? “Because it prevents them from back capping and getting loot!” Its appalling how cruel and despicable greedy people are in EotM!

Nevertheless, you should do what these other people are doing and train wreck the everliving kittens out of those mindless karma zerglings! Seriously, its extremely rewarding: BAGS! BAGS EVERYWHERE! Not to mention extremely satisfying watching people die by the dozen.

If anyone gives you grief (for griefing), just remember this old mantra: “PvP happened.” Edge of the Mist is, after all, a PvP map, so answer PvP with PvP.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

(edited by deepwinter.9015)

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

There is no point to defending in EOTM other than to farm semi-AFK uplevels with an arrow cart. If you find that to be compelling gameplay then that’s cool, but it’s not what EOTM is geared towards.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

If you take away the rewards from killing the champs, then everyone will leave eotm. Real wvw players will stick to wvw, pvers will stick to pve, and eotm would be completely empty.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It is pretty easy to see both sides of this debate. On one hand EotM is part of WvW and players should be able to enjoy the game their way within the rules set forth. On the other hand ANet has so few fun ways to level players (GW2 PvE is horrible after the first or second toon), EotM is one of the better destinations.

Ultimately defending in EotM is like a pro team playing against a high school team. I suppose if you enjoy lopsided engagements spoiling other players fun, defending in EotM is the place to be. There is nothing “wrong” with it but it is sort of kitten-ish.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Because EOTM players are casuals who feel they are entitled to karma training and only karma training.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I do find some like-minded people. I remember 5 of us stacking up on a couple trebs and several superior ACs

See, here’s the rub for me, you are essentially trolling. When 5 people can derail/take away the fun of the other 150+, you should be discouraged from it. And, trolling in EotM has to be the lowest form of game play in GW2. Especially when it is SO brain dead easy to defend in EotM.

The worst part of trolling in EotM is that the whole layer implodes once defense begins to occur. Most of the map population jumps ship to get away from the trolls. Do to the poorly instituted grouping of worlds, it’s already difficult to find a balanced layer to run around on.

If you want a “fix” for EotM, they should remove siege and only have “special” EotM transform siege like the Scorpions. Expand on those, with more transforms like the Koda, and EotM would be much more fun and prosperous game mode.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

any time your server color is the same as mine we should work together. EOTM trolling has become a favorite for me lately. it’s so embarrassing when entire zergs run right by you without engaging, and 95% of the people who do engage you are so easily baited to cliffs it’s just perfect.
Unfortunately, almost no commanders i’ve ‘worked’ with are interested in teaching their zergs to fight, they’d rather use Arrow carts at the worst possible times when ballistas are clearly the better choice, than learn how to play their class.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Wanze.8410

I do find some like-minded people. I remember 5 of us stacking up on a couple trebs and several superior ACs

See, here’s the rub for me, you are essentially trolling. When 5 people can derail/take away the fun of the other 150+, you should be discouraged from it. And, trolling in EotM has to be the lowest form of game play in GW2. Especially when it is SO brain dead easy to defend in EotM.

The worst part of trolling in EotM is that the whole layer implodes once defense begins to occur. Most of the map population jumps ship to get away from the trolls. Do to the poorly instituted grouping of worlds, it’s already difficult to find a balanced layer to run around on.

If you want a “fix” for EotM, they should remove siege and only have “special” EotM transform siege like the Scorpions. Expand on those, with more transforms like the Koda, and EotM would be much more fun and prosperous game mode.

How does removing siege from EotM lead to a fun and prosperous game mode?
If entire zergs of upleveled, semi afk players get wiped by 2 arrow carts thats not because of those 2 arrow carts, its because those players are semi afk. If you take away the siege, it becomes even more braindead running in a circle.

I had great fun yesterday setting up a guild cata for each bridge leading up to the Statuary. They were all well hidden but in the open field. If the enemy commander opts to lead his zerg over a bridge that has 1% hp, he shouldnt be surprised, if he has to regroup at spawn.
I done it to the same zerg 3 times in a row on the same bridge. By then, you would have thought that the commander would stop in front of the bridge, send 3 guys over to destroy the cata and then move on. Nope, he went straight over it the 4th time.

Another fun moment was when i already had 2 bridges destroyed, those leading from the statuary to the juncture and towards the observatory. A group of 5-8 gankers was in front of the gate near the altar, preying on our people coming out of it.
When the buff on the statuary ran out, they went over there to cap it. I tried to destroy the last bridge while they ran over it but wasnt fast enough. Fortunately, I had a treb set up to fire cows with supply drain on the statuary champ. With no supply left to repair any of the bridges, they had no way out but to portal back to spawn.

Today i will try to master that approach by trebbing down each bridge to 1% health and wait until an entire zerg comes around to take the statuary. By firing cows at the champ I can drain all their supply and then 1-shot each bridge in front of them.

Also, some objectives spawn their reward chest quite close to a cliff, which is a great target for a cata shot to knock them off.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Blix.8021

Defending with siege in eotm is like killing the champions out of order in the old frostgorge train. It wasn’t against the rules or anything, but there was absolutely no reason to do it other than to annoy other people. Even your own team gets annoyed because you defend and they have less stuff to recapture for experience and champ bags.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

EotM’s rewards for mindless “training” are simply too good. You get everything, ranks, XP, boxes, karma, badges – you name it
A dedicated and engaging WvW 2 hours on a borderland, that includes some roaming, capping, defending and taking a tower e.g will not give me half the rewards that a EotM train zombie can achieve.

Sadly Anet does not have the guts to nerf it to the ground on at least some aspects.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

If entire zergs of upleveled, semi afk players get wiped by 2 arrow carts thats not because of those 2 arrow carts, its because those players are semi afk. If you take away the siege, it becomes even more braindead running in a circle.

I had great fun yesterday setting up a guild cata for each bridge leading up to the Statuary. They were all well hidden but in the open field. If the enemy commander opts to lead his zerg over a bridge that has 1% hp, he shouldnt be surprised, if he has to regroup at spawn.
I done it to the same zerg 3 times in a row on the same bridge. By then, you would have thought that the commander would stop in front of the bridge, send 3 guys over to destroy the cata and then move on. Nope, he went straight over it the 4th time.

Another fun moment was when i already had 2 bridges destroyed, those leading from the statuary to the juncture and towards the observatory. A group of 5-8 gankers was in front of the gate near the altar, preying on our people coming out of it.
When the buff on the statuary ran out, they went over there to cap it. I tried to destroy the last bridge while they ran over it but wasnt fast enough. Fortunately, I had a treb set up to fire cows with supply drain on the statuary champ. With no supply left to repair any of the bridges, they had no way out but to portal back to spawn.

Today i will try to master that approach by trebbing down each bridge to 1% health and wait until an entire zerg comes around to take the statuary. By firing cows at the champ I can drain all their supply and then 1-shot each bridge in front of them.

Also, some objectives spawn their reward chest quite close to a cliff, which is a great target for a cata shot to knock them off.

Congratulations, you have been awarded the ‘Captain Troll’ award.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Knocking out bridges can be done with the Scorp’s Wanze. Nothing wrong with that at all. What I’m talking about is full scale defense sieging with sup’s, as if it’s a home bl Garri. Last week I came across a keep with door treb’s, cata’s, and 8+ sup AC’s controlled by some with full AC mastery. That’s way too much pressure for up level stats to handle.

Now, I’m not going to say I’ve never been a part of or led a defense/bag farming session in EotM. The big difference is knowing your limits as a player. You do this by thinking about the experience other players are having across of the entire layer. When you do you’ll realize sure you can defend a little for some laugh’s. Afterwards, you then go with the flow again. Otherwise, if you don’t, you are surely seeking to grieve the majority of players on the layer. In that scenario, you earned any level of negativity reflected back to you. Also any level of bad karma in the real world too.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

It is pretty easy to see both sides of this debate. On one hand EotM is part of WvW and players should be able to enjoy the game their way within the rules set forth. On the other hand ANet has so few fun ways to level players (GW2 PvE is horrible after the first or second toon), EotM is one of the better destinations.

Ultimately defending in EotM is like a pro team playing against a high school team. I suppose if you enjoy lopsided engagements spoiling other players fun, defending in EotM is the place to be. There is nothing “wrong” with it but it is sort of kitten-ish.

I’m sorry… spoiling other people’s fun? It’s kittenish? Its a freakin wvw/pvp map! How is that going against any form of design philosophy or spoiling fun? If you don’t want to run the risk of being killed by other players, then go to pve, otherwise, “spoiling” someone else’s fun is PART OF THE DESIGN OF THE MAP!

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

No, it’s not trolling. its a wvw map. If you are in a wvw map, I have every right to defend, and you have every right to go to a pve map; its part of the freakin design of the map.

Is it trolling to defend stone mist ? Is it trolling to defend garrison? then its not trolling here. If you want to play pvd, too bad, it’s not my problem, because thats what the kitten reason the map was designed for!

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

Amen brother.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

Defending with siege in eotm is like killing the champions out of order in the old frostgorge train. It wasn’t against the rules or anything, but there was absolutely no reason to do it other than to annoy other people. Even your own team gets annoyed because you defend and they have less stuff to recapture for experience and champ bags.

Its a wvw map. Deal with it.

And yes there is a reason to do it; some people LIKE the idea of defending. And, you get the satisfaction of getting lots of bags from the enemy.

But what it amounts to is this: its a wvw map. It’s not trolling. its fighting the enemy player. No amount of whining that its trolling is going to convince, because its a WVW MAP!!!

Seriously.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

Congratulations, you have been awarded the ‘Captain Troll’ award.

Its a wvw map. Come on. How does killing players in a wvw map count as trolling. Is it trolling to kill people in EBG?

The level of ignorance being shown by all these people saying killing zergs in EotM is astounding. When you can explain how killing enemies in wvw any other map is somehow trolling, then your arguments might bear some merit. Until then, it’s just plain ignorant.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

Knocking out bridges can be done with the Scorp’s Wanze. Nothing wrong with that at all. What I’m talking about is full scale defense sieging with sup’s, as if it’s a home bl Garri. Last week I came across a keep with door treb’s, cata’s, and 8+ sup AC’s controlled by some with full AC mastery. That’s way too much pressure for up level stats to handle.

Now, I’m not going to say I’ve never been a part of or led a defense/bag farming session in EotM. The big difference is knowing your limits as a player. You do this by thinking about the experience other players are having across of the entire layer. When you do you’ll realize sure you can defend a little for some laugh’s. Afterwards, you then go with the flow again. Otherwise, if you don’t, you are surely seeking to grieve the majority of players on the layer. In that scenario, you earned any level of negativity reflected back to you. Also any level of bad karma in the real world too.

So, doing the same thing in EBG is bad? If it isn’t then you have no right to complain, as this was specifically designated as a WVW map. Just because you don’t want to think about it that way doesn’t make it any less true.

And if it is, we have every right to play that way; don’t like it? Too bad. We aren’t doing anything wrong. And if the enemy zerg is coming in expecting an easy victory, then THEY are the ones doing something wrong… playing stupid.

It isn’t a pvd map, much as some of you may want to make it such. It’s a WVW map. It’s about killing the other players. Some of you are trying to make it into a karma train pvd map, but it was never it’s INTENT to be such. And as such, if some of us choose to play it the way it was intented, you cannot legitmately find fault for it.

So if you want some easy karma trains, go find a pve map to do it. Me, I’m going to play EotM how it was clearly INTENDED, and as such, feel no shame.

Disagree? Go find a developer comment ANYWHERE that disagrees with this sentiment. I dare you.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Morfedel, you’re right, it’s a wvw map, or at least it was designed to be part of wvw. Just like Obsidian Sanctum and Emerald/Garnet/Sapphire Sanctums were designed as part of wvw. However most of your follow wvwers don’t see those things as part of the mode. Why? Because they have no bearing on the game play.

I think most of the wvwers I know consider it to be a ‘pve’ map, not a wvw one, because its just an overflow and playing there equates to absolutely nothing in terms of wvw help. Most really don’t even care about the supply provided for the winning color.

Now, if that were to change, and winning there meant something, or the ppt affected the overall match, then people might approach it differently. But that won’t happen. It would require a complete overhaul to the original design, and at which point it just becomes another map that needs coverage.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

Morfedel, you’re right, it’s a wvw map, or at least it was designed to be part of wvw. Just like Obsidian Sanctum and Emerald/Garnet/Sapphire Sanctums were designed as part of wvw. However most of your follow wvwers don’t see those things as part of the mode. Why? Because they have no bearing on the game play.

I think most of the wvwers I know consider it to be a ‘pve’ map, not a wvw one, because its just an overflow and playing there equates to absolutely nothing in terms of wvw help. Most really don’t even care about the supply provided for the winning color.

Now, if that were to change, and winning there meant something, or the ppt affected the overall match, then people might approach it differently. But that won’t happen. It would require a complete overhaul to the original design, and at which point it just becomes another map that needs coverage.

But PvP also has no bearing on WvW either. Does that mean we should change THAT play mode? What if the few npcs in there dropped champion bags?

Look, all I’m saying is people accusing other people of being trolls because the latter are playing the map exactly as intended are being unreasonable. You can think of it as a pve map as much as you want, but its STILL a wvw map, whether it contributes or not. Maybe calling it a big pvp map may be more accurate.

So it gives pve awards? So what? That doesn’t change the intent of the map, and as such, anyone playing the map as intended has every right to do so, and calling them trolls for it is extremely inaccurate at the very least.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

LanfearShadowflame.3189

But PvP also has no bearing on WvW either. Does that mean we should change THAT play mode? What if the few npcs in there dropped champion bags?

This is totally out of left field. Yes that mode has no bearing on wvw, but it also shares no maps either.

Look, all I’m saying is people accusing other people of being trolls because the latter are playing the map exactly as intended are being unreasonable. You can think of it as a pve map as much as you want, but its STILL a wvw map, whether it contributes or not. Maybe calling it a big pvp map may be more accurate.

So it gives pve awards? So what? That doesn’t change the intent of the map, and as such, anyone playing the map as intended has every right to do so, and calling them trolls for it is extremely inaccurate at the very least.

Yes, it’s still a wvw map. I was pointing out that many simply don’t see it as such because of how it’s designed.Until that changes, their views aren’t likely to change either. So just as they need to look at it from your perspective, you need to look at it from theirs as well.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Is there an EOTM trolling guild out there? I’d join right away.

After seeing this thread I’m convinced this is the true path!

Devona’s Rest

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Some kind of multi server EotM guild would be awesome. We could tell guild green players where blue zerg is and they could come and wipe them.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

As a wuwuw player, I honestly LOVE eotm how it is. This map is like open world pvp in pve zone, that’s so freaking awesome. If I feel like it, I can even cause wipes of my own zergs (just by wiping other zerg and making them respawn).

Still working on my collection, when I have time to bother with a screenshot:

Attachments:

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Blix.8021

I’m wondering why some of you don’t go into real wvw and fight people who are actually up for fighting back instead of fighting a blob of uplevels and pvers with your superior siege. Surely there are some lower tier servers in need of people who like defense as much as you all seem to.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

I’m wondering why some of you don’t go into real wvw and fight people who are actually up for fighting back instead of fighting a blob of uplevels and pvers with your superior siege. Surely there are some lower tier servers in need of people who like defense as much as you all seem to.

Because it’s more fun kill PvEers and uplevels. They seems to be so desperate and rage more.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Aw man I wish I could find a time when people are actually fighting in EOTM. That would be great. I had high hopes when it first was announced but then…

Maybe we should designate a particular match at a particular time to be a real match. Where people could come and actually fight. Maybe do it a few times a week.

Would need some guilds to organize it though.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Blix.8021

Aw man I wish I could find a time when people are actually fighting in EOTM. That would be great. I had high hopes when it first was announced but then…

Maybe we should designate a particular match at a particular time to be a real match. Where people could come and actually fight. Maybe do it a few times a week.

That’s the thing, the people posting here aren’t fighting. They’re setting up siege and sitting on superior arrow carts and killing people who have no desire or capability to fight. The landscape in eotm is horrible for actual wvw style fighting. Every gvg or large wvw guild wants open fields and what is eotm? Cramped and full of ledges.

If enough people decide to troll eotm ktrains, then the ktrainers will just quit and then the trolls won’t have anybody to troll, so they’ll leave too. Then who will use the map? Nobody.

Eotm is just a terrible game mode and I hate how much time they wasted in creating it.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Everyone who wants people to bow to your Ktrain wishes, can go kitten off.

If a team of people want to defend then they will defend and have a kitten good time doing it. EoTM is an extension of WvW, not Queensdale 2.0 with cooler terrain.

I can bring my guild into EoTM to annihilate the Ktrains, We think it’s fun. but it’s TOTALLY spoiling the fun for the other sides. do we care? Nope. We’ll ram our way into a structure just so that we can get to the zerg on the other side. That’s my ultimate dominator title half AFKing at the gate on an uplevel. Think the zerg is gonna protect ya? nope.

for all the “fun we’re spoiling” we get tons of laughter, loot and stories. We always leave one uplevel alive to run away. He gets to tell the story.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I whole hartedly agree with the OP and anyone else who actually wants to fight.

No, this is not a WvW map as it has no bearing on PPT.

Yes, it IS a PvP map as there are 2 other realms of players that you are able to kill. If it was meant to be a karma train, they wouldn’t have made as such and taken away the ability to kill other players.

I have been raged against so much for even suggesting that we defend or even reporting where the enemy blob is in the hopes of engaging them. Karma training is so mindlessly boring. It is much more fun to kill players, and here’s the rub, way more rewarding. Wipe an enemy zerg 3 times and you have full bags. How long is that going to take karma training? Maybe people will step up their game on this map instead of being mindless zombied PvD and learn that theres actual skill and teamwork to group combat.

If the map is dead, then by all means, karma train, but be prepared to defend yourself or kill the enemy if they show up.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

That’s the thing, the people posting here aren’t fighting. They’re setting up siege and sitting on superior arrow carts and killing people who have no desire or capability to fight.

No risk = no reward.
Also, some of us do fight. There’s just a limit for how long you can 1vX before other 50 decide to rush you down. And even if it’s zerg vs zerg, you’ll see at least 5 arrow carts by the end of the fight. When zergs so willingly put siege, why roamers of all people should be shy about it? When I see bags – I loot them.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Where is this multi-server eotm troll guild at???

As a wuwuw player, I honestly LOVE eotm how it is. This map is like open world pvp in pve zone, that’s so freaking awesome. If I feel like it, I can even cause wipes of my own zergs (just by wiping other zerg and making them respawn).

OMG This is hilarious!!!!

That’s the thing, the people posting here aren’t fighting. They’re setting up siege and sitting on superior arrow carts and killing people who have no desire or capability to fight. The landscape in eotm is horrible for actual wvw style fighting. Every gvg or large wvw guild wants open fields and what is eotm? Cramped and full of ledges.

If enough people decide to troll eotm ktrains, then the ktrainers will just quit and then the trolls won’t have anybody to troll, so they’ll leave too. Then who will use the map? Nobody.

Eotm is just a terrible game mode and I hate how much time they wasted in creating it.

If that’s what it comes down to. Then eotm was badly designed off the sketchboard, as you said.

Devona’s Rest

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

EOTM was badly designed unless it was designed as a ktrain. If you want to defend and have fun farming non-competitive players, that’s fine. The game mode encourages it. Just stop whining about the social pressure from the ktrain. If not for the ktrain you guys wouldn’t have these ‘epic’ stories of killing auto-run uplevels, after all.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

This is totally out of left field. Yes that mode has no bearing on wvw, but it also shares no maps either.

Yes, it’s still a wvw map. I was pointing out that many simply don’t see it as such because of how it’s designed.Until that changes, their views aren’t likely to change either. So just as they need to look at it from your perspective, you need to look at it from theirs as well.

I don’t need them to see my way. I just need them to leave me alone and stop harassing me for playing my way. I don’t harass them, they don’t have any right to harass me – regardless of how we are playing.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

I love you man! LOL!

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

Is there an EOTM trolling guild out there? I’d join right away.

After seeing this thread I’m convinced this is the true path!

I believe i’m beginning to think the same way!

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

Because we like EotM. That’s really the only answer that’s needed here. We are allowed to play any way we like too. If others don’t like it, well, it really doesn’t matter, as we are actually playing the map as the devs intended it.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

but that is interesting, awesome, and requires different thinking due to possibility of launching or getting launched off edges, etc. It is a different environment.

And if others have no desire or capability to fight, well, that changes nothing. It’s still a wvw map. If they don’t like the fact some people are actually trying to wvw there, that’s THEIR problem, not the wvwers.

Incorrect. People who like doing wvw with the new map style will continue to come. In the beginning, thats what people were doing until the massive ktrains developed.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

If any of you has a EotM troll guild at this point, I’ll join, lol! Heck, maybe I’ll START one haha!

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Shrow.9427

Shrow.9427

If any of you has a EotM troll guild at this point, I’ll join, lol! Heck, maybe I’ll START one haha!

Make one and shoot me an invite. I’m down to troll lol.

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Map chat in eotm has become queens dale 2.0 expect a champ nerf….

I don’t mind the k trainers – just be civil to those who do want to defend and fight…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Wanze.8410

I know the scorpions can do that but this week I have been green, so i was scouting that corner for siege spots.
About the grief from other and your own players: I actually dont care. Sometimes i like the karma train myself and sometimes i even command. But after a while, you inevitably get wiped by the enemy because those in your team that complain the loudest about disrupting the karma train cant be bothered to pay attention to anything. The ones that are the loudest on map chat and haul abuse at you, if you defend, are the ones that run blindly into a buffed champ and die, cant be bothered to pick up supply and just auto attack the door while they are getting wrecked by npc casters from up top. Sometimes you can explain as much as you want in chat, they simply wont do what you tell them. Thats usually the time when i start waiting in a supply depot until it is drained. I just tell in chat, “drain supply”. If supply is not drained, i wait.
I wait until someone in map chat starts to complain that we should move on. Then i usually say that i will move as soon as the supply is drained and call people out who havent picked any up. At that point, i already dont care about the karma train anymore. If people are resistant to advice and unable to follow simple orders, i am already on my own agenda. I port back to spawn, have everybody supply up (or most of them anyways) and start putting down siege at my favourite spots. After they build it (way faster than me running supplies there on my own), i tag down and start defending.
If i cant help my own zerg to be more aware of what is going on, i will teach the enemy train and i will teach them the hard way.

Do i feel bad about wiping enemy zerglings with an sup ac or knocking them off the edge with a cata or treb? Not in the slightest. After all, they were a big group and i am only 1 person. If I was solo roaming and the enemy train would see me, they would run after me as well and try to kill me. Is that fair, 50 against 1?

Badwrongfun in EotM

in WvW

Morfedel.4165

So, if anyone is actually interested, I decided what the heck, and created a guild for the sole purpose of playing EotM the RIGHT WAY, hehe…

I named it Badwrongfun, and gave the tag [Haha]

So, I’m not claiming to be some great leader or anything, so I’ll be up for advice. But in the meantime, if you are interested in joining for some EotM badwrongfun, send me an in game whisper and I’ll invite you

(and if we end up on different colors, well, we will have badwrongfun together anyway