Commander Tag Changes Feedback [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Are those horrid prices for colored tags a test to determine how far they can push us around without losing players?

Yes, I believe that this is true, and I also believe that the early verbal announcement of the feature is one of: testing those waters before the blog post is scheduled to release (in case of a pending business decision to revise or cancel it) or a dissenting voice at ANet letting it slip in hopes of the former.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

I really don’t care even the color tag cost 3000 gold.

color commander tags can not win a fight/mathcups but numbers/coverage can and this is not going to change soon .

i really have bigger issue with siege disable trap that introduced than this

p.s. the only real good update is the golem mastery

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Colour your commander tag! Only 800 gems a colour! Make your tag account bound, only 2000 gems!

Hope I’m wrong…

You were wrong…… its even more expensive

lol its like 30$ of gem for a kitten photoshop hue change the community proposed 2 years ago in the first place.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

It’s not the icon, but the person whom wears it, which matters. The icon doesn’t need strobing lights and speculars.

Person doesnt matter either.

What matter is that its a tool, not a cosmetic enhancement. Anet doesnt charge anything for PvE tools and has implemented complex new ones at no charge to PvE players.

And then they do this.

I agree, except that the person does matter. It’s the same as preferring a skilled craftsman in using any other tool. The results are better when skill and attitude are correct.

in WvW

Posted by: Ethan Mccloud.3218

Ethan Mccloud.3218

MMMmm anet must be on to something here . Yes yes they are definitely on to something here but why stop there. I’ve been telling all my rich and I mean seriously rich wvw guilds that we don’t have enough gold sinks. Its high time the tax man cometh. Now that Anet has adopted a Government style of accessing fees. Lets look into what else we can correct the pricing on shall we.

Well first an for most , along with siege razor requiring 5 folks to get him started . he should also require a payment plan of no less then 5g per person. After all he his doing most of the work.
Second I should think at all siege should also receive an increase of price. After all if a person can single handedly drop 20 to 30 sup ac carts in hills . Surely they can foot the bill for each piece to 100 gold each. that will keep the siege trolls away as well ..WIN WIN.
Furthermore I feel that the overall repair amour thing for free was a huge mistake on your parts anet.. I mean lets be real.. Theres some serious gold to be made in that area alone .. haven’t seen a single player run by me naked so u know they are loaded enough to pay for it once again.. However lets upscale that as well. I figure since a properly runed set with buffs runs into the high 20’s to much higher gold prices. I think that each piece should only be repaired for 5gold each.
How else are we gonna get all these WVW players out of the bl’s.. They need to be in pve brainless mining all this gold for the expenses. Lets be real folks …how dedicated to the cause can u really be . and on a side note if u can’t afford all these very AFFORDABLE changes,, well I hear WoW is looking for new peeps. Personally ima stand right here in line a beg for these changes . I mean my god man , after we cap spawn tower keep an garri ,, how can we not spend all this excess loot an gold ..its just sittin there in our storage wasting away . YES ANET MORE OF THIS !!!!!

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender
Proud Member OF “TSF” The Shining Force.

in WvW

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

So greedy

I agree 300g for account bound tag is reasonable. But to charge 300g for something supposed to be QoL is just pure greedy.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Maybe I’m being too sensible, but you’d think the ability to change colours on the fly would be the way to go.

You are being far too sensible about this.

But where is that tag that only shows up for your guild? That was the important one.

C’mon! Would you guys cut it out. Sensible is so 2002!

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Ethan Mccloud.3218

Ethan Mccloud.3218

MMMmm anet must be on to something here . Yes yes they are definitely on to something here but why stop there. I’ve been telling all my rich and I mean seriously rich wvw guilds that we don’t have enough gold sinks. Its high time the tax man cometh. Now that Anet has adopted a Government style of accessing fees. Lets look into what else we can correct the pricing on shall we.

Well first an for most , along with siege razor requiring 5 folks to get him started . he should also require a payment plan of no less then 5g per person. After all he his doing most of the work.
Second I should think at all siege should also receive an increase of price. After all if a person can single handedly drop 20 to 30 sup ac carts in hills . Surely they can foot the bill for each piece to 100 gold each. that will keep the siege trolls away as well ..WIN WIN.
Furthermore I feel that the overall repair amour thing for free was a huge mistake on your parts anet.. I mean lets be real.. Theres some serious gold to be made in that area alone .. haven’t seen a single player run by me naked so u know they are loaded enough to pay for it once again.. However lets upscale that as well. I figure since a properly runed set with buffs runs into the high 20’s to much higher gold prices. I think that each piece should only be repaired for 5gold each.
How else are we gonna get all these WVW players out of the bl’s.. They need to be in pve brainless mining all this gold for the expenses. Lets be real folks …how dedicated to the cause can u really be . and on a side note if u can’t afford all these very AFFORDABLE changes,, well I hear WoW is looking for new peeps. Personally ima stand right here in line a beg for these changes . I mean my god man , after we cap spawn tower keep an garri ,, how can we not spend all this excess loot an gold ..its just sittin there in our storage wasting away . YES ANET MORE OF THIS !!!!!

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender
Proud Member OF “TSF” The Shining Force.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

The WvW community can be a hostile place but look at how hard they have to fight for features against the intentions of some of the designers.

That’s really the crux of the majority of Player vs Developer complaint threads here. The players are aiming their complaints at the ArenaNet brand, but it is actually the business managers and (most probably) NCSoft with whom they really disagree so heatedly.

The “developers” in the game creation studio are gamers, too. The business decision makers tend not to be.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Well, they merged the threads, which is the first step toward ignoring the community again.

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

So greedy

I agree 300g for account bound tag is reasonable. But to charge 300g for something supposed to be QoL is just pure greedy.

It’s certainly not a game feature when your going to charge over 100$ of gems for all 4 colors. And 300g is too much even for account bound, most people only use the tag on 1 or 2 character. They shouldn’t have increased the price at all if they wanted to make it seem like a gift instead of a ripoff.

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

The price should stay the same and the colors should be free.

It’s respectful to the WvW community to do what they are doing.

I’m beginning to think the A in Anet stands for Avaricious.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Well, they merged the threads, which is the first step toward ignoring the community again.

… Second step: Make a post trying desperately to justify how ethically wrong it is to reply to a thread that is 1 month old, instead of locking those thread automatically.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Ah, that’s better. Now that the differing conversations on more-or-less the same topic are all smeared together, we can ignore most of it for it being confusingly difficult to follow.

Forum Moderation 101

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Perhaps they’ll reveal additional ways one can unlock different colors by playing the WvW, but I wouldn’t count on it.

WvW needs no money sink, PvE needs it. WvW players are already poor by having to buy all the food, new armor, runes and sigils.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

WvW needs no money sink, …

This isn’t a money sink. It’s a blatant money grab through the gems to gold business.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: The Art of Killing.8643

The Art of Killing.8643

People people, they are gonna do whatever they want. They don’t care. And after a while you are gonna get a mail that if you continue to write in this way you are gonna get a ban like they did to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Merged, eventually locked and never replied to that’s Anets MO.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

So since the Mods Merged this… NOW it is time to RESPOND to this….. not like the Mods can say they Missed the topic with a straight face!

in WvW

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

More people that kitten the more likely it will take notice. No doubt it already has though.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

With the inflation, and now tag being account bound, I don’t think the initial cost of 300G is all that bad.
Back when I bought the tag last year, 100G were equal to around 4000+ Gems, now 100G is equal to around 75 Gems.

However asking additional 300G for a different color is just insane.
Colors should be free, or at least unlockable via playing WvW, the place where Commander tags were supposed to be used.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I hate to say it..but ‘I told you so’ comes to mind on the gem grabbing idea.

No additions for wvw, finally get comm tags a different colour to that of one of the map colours and guess what? they will charge you for it!

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

1500g………………………Might as well buy a precursor instead.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

ArenaNet, it befits more shady companies who care only of profit.

This is not the ArenaNet you’re looking for.

That ship sailed with GW1. Their days of making “fun” equal in value to profit are over. They’ve jumped the shark and are now officially lumped in with the companies who care only for profit.

i dont think this is gold sink mate… this is what everyone else sees it is. its monetization of basic functionality, that should have been in the game from start. pls think about it…

QFT

Are those horrid prices for colored tags a test to determine how far they can push us around without losing players?

If it IS a test, then they just got a big, fat F- !

If it wasn’t for Anet’s history of almost getting feature changes correct, i would bet on this being a PR move to generate controversy and publicity for the new feature patch.

Rarely does this community find itself primarily on the same side of an issue, so something must be afoot. WvW has lost a lot of players (at least from my perspective as a WvW player), and colored tags is a big change to improve and enhance WvW.

In order to get the word out to bring players back to WvW, Anet implements a controversial change to generate buzz and reach out to old GW2 players that may not follow the game closely, but would likely hear about what is regarded in the community as a big mistake.

I would imagine changing the colored tags to be more accessible would be a relatively easy change, so they set themselves up to be in a position of “OK you guys are right! We are changing the tags, because we are listening and we are here for you!”
Tl;dr – the change is a sloppy misstep or a calculated PR move. I’ll be selling tinfoil hats for 300g. If you want a different colored tinfoil hat it will be an additional 300g.

If true, it’s still a fail. Why risk generating all this bad blood with the cloak-and-dagger, horribly miscalculated, minsinformation, bait-and-switch campaign when they could just take the path of least resistance?

Namely, just give us exactly what we asked for without piling any additional feces on top of it: all commander tags now have the ability to change color on the fly. No additional costs, no having to pay for each additional color, nada, nothing, zilch, zero, zip. Period.

If they really, really just have to create a gold sink, then do the following:

Commander tags remain 100g.

Commander tags can now change colors on the fly; no additional costs, restrictions, or anything.

To unlock the commander tag to make it account bound will cost a one-time purchase of 300g.

Done.

Is it really that hard, Anet, or are you just that incompetent?

Tryto keep the angry hateful ones [posts] out of this thread please. We want solutions not to be ignored as angry trolls.

They ignore us when we’re calm and reasonable. It seems we get more attention when we complain loudly.

Many already know upper management with anet/ncsoft blots out the concerns of customers and even the voices of their own staff, in actual game development…. It’s no wonder to me that only charts and numbers have any value to the corp at this point.

In that case, I certainly hope they’re looking really close at those charts and numbers when they start to show a decline in profits. That’s the problem with the charts and numbers, though; they’re reactive rather than proactive. They only reflect what has happened in the past rather than what is happening currently.

To find out what’s actually happening here in the present, they have to pull their heads out of their charts, get down in the trenches, and actually listen to us. But that seems beyond their capabilities.

Instead, they’ll continue to put their faith in some young hotshot executive with an MBA from <insert name of prestigious business college here> who knows all about charts and numbers but not a clue about how to make a fun and responsive game until they’ve lost so many players they’re left scratching their heads as to what went wrong and why their profits have dried up.

As well as arrogant and ignorant. The opinions of the forum posters often reflect the opinions of the silent majority who are either unaware there are forums or are reluctant to post here for fear of being flamed, etc.

We who post on the forums are often gathering the opinions of our fellow gamers and condensing them into posts. To simply dismiss us as not representative of the mood of the WvW player base is foolish. But, hey, go read your charts, D, if it makes you feel better.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Mercabre.7123

Mercabre.7123

It’s been said before, but colored commander tags are a step in the right direction, albeit a small one. Massively Multi-player Online games are defined by their massively multiplayer functionality. No one needs to point out that raids made WoW as strong as it was/is. As WvW is now the only massively multiplayer system in GW2 now that champ trains are dead (if you considered that entertainment) it saddens me to see the lack of updates/maps/content for WvW

EDIT: Spitfire ideas: Rotating 3 map system of an EB type map? Exclusive abilities in this instance? Exclusive siege? Golem vs Golem battles? Jumping puzzle races with objectives and siege? Small scale WvW map with a 20 minute timer, lower health walls/doors so that movement is faster (players feel they have “Won” something when it’s over instead of “hey it reset, time to work hard again for a week with no reward”).

I understand the focus of ANet on living story, but these types of updates are not for your hardcore players but for casual ones. Maybe that was the goal? But it seems silly to me to cater to the players of the game that log on only minimally.

It most likely has been said before, but we need more multiplayer systems. GvG’s attract a lot of players to a single instance and this would be a huge step to getting more hardcore players and keeping them. A hot-join map where 15 (or 20) players are pitted against 15 (or 20) other players seems like a lot of fun to me as a GvG/open field fighting oriented player. That way if our guild’s commander doesn’t feel like driving tonight, there is somewhere to go to get even numbered fights on a large scale.

Now back to commander tags:

Varying shapes of commander tags would be nice, but this would mostly be an aesthetic appeal when really we need functionality.

Guild commander tags seen only by guild members.

Having whatever the commander types, whether it be in /map, /team, /squad, or /say be displayed above their heads.

The ability to see other commander tags, at least on world map if nothing else, when in a squad. Although an opacity/size change of other squad commanders would be nice in the open field.

Commander chat that spans all maps so that when someone needs help in home BL they can call for it without someone having to leave the map.

Thuefore | Rieaz, Mag [VLK]
Grammar aside I probably have a point in there somewhere.

(edited by Mercabre.7123)

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

If you’re not going to post constructive feedback that can be addressed to resolve the issue, don’t post at all. I’d be the first one to ignore 60% of the posts in this thread as pure QQ.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If you’re not going to post constructive feedback that can be addressed to resolve the issue, don’t post at all. I’d be the first one to ignore 60% of the posts in this thread as pure QQ.

So posting QQ about QQ is ok then? Well let me be the first to QQ about your QQ of QQ. Good luck stopping it officer.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I wonder what the infraction count will be when the mods start their PR clean-up.

P.S. Blue Taco 4 Life!

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

If it wasn’t for Anet’s history of almost getting feature changes correct, i would bet on this being a PR move to generate controversy and publicity for the new feature patch.

Rarely does this community find itself primarily on the same side of an issue, so something must be afoot. WvW has lost a lot of players (at least from my perspective as a WvW player), and colored tags is a big change to improve and enhance WvW.

In order to get the word out to bring players back to WvW, Anet implements a controversial change to generate buzz and reach out to old GW2 players that may not follow the game closely, but would likely hear about what is regarded in the community as a big mistake.

I would imagine changing the colored tags to be more accessible would be a relatively easy change, so they set themselves up to be in a position of “OK you guys are right! We are changing the tags, because we are listening and we are here for you!”
Tl;dr – the change is a sloppy misstep or a calculated PR move. I’ll be selling tinfoil hats for 300g. If you want a different colored tinfoil hat it will be an additional 300g.

If true, it’s still a fail. Why risk generating all this bad blood with the cloak-and-dagger, horribly miscalculated, minsinformation, bait-and-switch campaign when they could just take the path of least resistance?

Namely, just give us exactly what we asked for without piling any additional feces on top of it: all commander tags now have the ability to change color on the fly. No additional costs, no having to pay for each additional color, nada, nothing, zilch, zero, zip. Period.

It’s not a fail, though. They have no subscribers to lose. If it’s an easy fix, like i assume it is, then they’ll fix it and still come out on top. “We have listened to the community and fixed this because we love you.”

That being said, controversy is the best publicity generator. I haven’t posted on here in months, yet this ridiculous change brought me back to the boards. It’s a terrible change, but it definitely grabbed my attention at least. I know more about the feature patch now because i have been reading up on this one backasswards change. If it wasn’t for the controversy i probably would have just passed over the description of the feature patch.

I’ll admit it’s farfetched and i’m still offering those tinfoil hats in various colors. They say not to attribute malice to that which can be explained by negligence. But marketing is a fickle beast that can never be trusted.

(edited by Scrambles.2604)

in WvW

Posted by: CptnDrunk.8361

CptnDrunk.8361

Still think they should go with this:

step 1: Make tags account bound. Refund people with more than one tag.
step 2: 4 color options for said tag.
step 3: add in another tag (separate color) purchased with guild influence
(20k influence) that can only be seen by the guild.
step 4: change the way community tags are acquired and used. Make tags bought in PvE only work in PvE and WvW works in WvW.
PvE : 300 gold.
WvW: 100 gold + 2k badges for example.
Step 5: Problem solved, get to work on new border land maps.
Step 6: Check forums and laugh cause people will always complain about something.

Tone Deaf [TUNE] | Yaks Bend
Doctor Love – Mesmer
Captain Awesome – Warrior

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

So posting QQ about QQ is ok then? Well let me be the first to QQ about your QQ of QQ. Good luck stopping it officer.

Literally LOL-ing until I started to cough. Thumbs up to you, good sir

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

It’s not a fail, though. They have no subscribers to lose. If it’s an easy fix, like i assume it is, then they’ll fix it and still come out on top. “We have listened to the community and fixed this because we love you.”

That being said, controversy is the best publicity generator. I haven’t posted on here in months, yet this ridiculous change brought me back to the boards. It’s a terrible change, but it definitely grabbed my attention at least. I know more about the feature patch now because i have been reading up on this one backasswards change. If it wasn’t for the controversy i probably would have just passed over the description of the feature patch.

I’ll admit it’s farfetched and i’m still offering those tinfoil hats in various colors. They say not to attribute malice to that which can be explained by negligence. But marketing is a fickle beast that can never be trusted.

Actually, the saying generally goes:

Never attribute to malice aforethought that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.

Generating controversy to create hype requires marketing skill above and beyond what has been exhibited so far. Further inflaming disenfranchised customers, then using that in a dysfunctional way to promote a superior vendor status requires a very deft hand.

And that can only be used so many times, before even moderately-discerning customers become skeptical.

This is all assuming that ANet actually wants their only game-differentiating feature (WvW) to continue, and they aren’t trying to attrit WvW players so they no longer need to waste investment on supporting it….

..uh, goes back to first statement in this post. Sorry, tinfoil moment there.

I believe we just plain and simple have a design decision made in a meeting room without someone present who has a clear understanding of the entirety of the WvW experience from a customer perspective.

There are good suggestions and a lot of feedback on this thread. Not expecting any response until Sept 9th. And skeptical of what that will be. Curious to see what the player response will be then, especially if they announce the start of Season 3 soon after (conjecture).

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

They have no subscribers to lose but they do have gem sales to lose as well as potential future customers who may be put off purchasing the game due to the negative fallout.

I do agree with you that it could be a Machiavellian marketing ploy. Given their past history, though, I’ll err on the side of attributing it to incompetence, detachment, and negligence rather than calculated cunning and malice.

However, if I’m proven wrong, I’ll take a tinfoil hat in matte black, please.

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

that would be 300g, tyvm.

in WvW

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

At the end of it all, how in the world is something that should be merely a simple QoL fix and aesthetic addition made into a controversy? No matter what the response is in the coming week(s), Anet, you need to take a serious and honest look inward at your decision making process as it appears to be overly influenced by gem sales at times. I personally believe that a very high percentage of your customers are perceptive of this, will not ignore it, have seen it show up now in a few different instances, and do not believe you are learning from past mistakes (or just don’t care?).

I mean lets just be real for a second… IT’S A FLIPPIN DOT ON A SCREEN… and we’ll be able to change the color. Absolutely no reason to be 300g per dot when the intent of having different colors should be for enhancing a readily accessible tool that the community at large can utilize. REALLY?

Is the difference between a sub-based game and non-sub based game truly that great? There is noway at all, ever, that a reputable (smart) sub-based MMORPG (that I am aware of) would try to put a money sink in as great as this would be for changing a the color of a dot. And if they did… holy hell.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

If anyone needed proof that this is a company that regards their game essentially as the Saint’s Row of fantasy MMOs, and that they are more about PvE style additions vs whole-game substance additions, this is it.
They are seriously regarding tags as status symbols for posing in LA instead of no-nonsense UI aids so people can actually have fun playing the game.
Fine.
Make them cost that much in PvE. Make them rich men’s status symbols there. Do go ahead, if you can’t come up with a different prestige goldsink, just lazily repurpose commander tags.
But split them and give WvW a cheap, blue, first commander tag (in the 50g range) so that aspiring commanders don’t have as much of a hard time, since WvW is horrible for earning gold, and then make every further color unlock cost exponentially more. For all I care, make unlocking everything cost equal to PvE, i.e. 1500g. But atleast the first three colors are vital. During primetime it’s often the case that three public commanders temporarily or sometimes permanently lead on one map (this is just assuming you are also introducing guild commander tags … if not, this would make cheap colored tags for WvW even more imperative).

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I believe we just plain and simple have a design decision made in a meeting room without someone present who has a clear understanding of the entirety of the WvW experience from a customer perspective.

And that right there summarizes the crux of the problem:

Decisions regarding an entertainment medium are being made by a committee of “suits” motivated purely by profit who don’t play the game and/or fail to understand what makes the game “fun”.

In short, they totally fail at that which they pretend to be: business men and women. If they were competent at business, they would understand the fundamental principle of exchanging a business’ product or service for a customer’s currency (but only so long as the customer values the product or service). They are failing to deliver a valued product/service – entertainment or “fun” – and thus we will refuse to exchange our currency (real cash converted to gems converted to gold).

Will some buy it? Sure. Will anet profit in the short-term? Sure. Will this game survive 9 years like it’s predecessor? Doubtful. Does anet/ncsoft care? Based on history to date, probably not; it’s all about the cash grab now while they still can.

that would be 300g, tyvm.

At least I’ll get more value for my money from the tinfoil hat than from this F-ed up colored commander tag fiasco.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I think it’s clear the community has spoken. I can’t remember the last time this many players came together to discuss a feature that was not well received.

I personally feel like the WvW community is dieing, if we are ignored after all these people have come together I think I’ll just join the Archage band waggon.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I think it’s clear the community has spoken. I can’t remember the last time this many players came together to discuss a feature that was not well received.

How quickly you forgot about bloodlust.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

this game was supposed to be pay to play.

Don’t give them ideas… next thing we see might be “pay 1 gold to be able to log in”.

You’re thinking far too small…

WvW entry scraps that are randomly dropped from Black Lion chests (you need 10 to make a ticket). Without a ticket, you cant join WvW*. One ticket is consumed upon entering a border. Note that when you move between borders, it also consumes a ticket. Drop rate for scraps about 10%.

*EoTM is free to join of course, its not like that map took any time to develop compared to 2 years to make 4 colored tags.

I’m a genius!

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I personally feel like the WvW community is dieing, if we are ignored after all these people have come together I think I’ll just join the Archage band waggon.

I’ll likely be following right behind you.

in WvW

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

I’ll say this I’m on a smaller server and after 2 years I got my commander tag 2 weeks ago and in the past week I have spent 40g on upgrades/siege/food ect.. it will take me a 2 months or more of playing and not buying anything to make that back. So now I wonder if anet knows that there are servers outside of t1/t2. Guess it means no colors for me.

And before someone says “go do something else to make the money back” well if I have to go out of my way to do something I don’t find fun to be able to play what I do then I might as well not play.

in WvW

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

I thought the whole point behind colored commander tags was for commanders to be able to better coordinate among themselves when multiple commanders are on the map, i.e., one for main zerg, one for havoc/guild group(s), splinter zergs for tactical strikes, GvGs, or additional offensive/defensive coordination. I believe the requests that were made on the CDI specified the need for flexibility between tags, to increase situational response on behalf of the commanders and to better facilitate greater strategy in WvW group maneuvers. Blocking that flexibility behind, what, 1500g? or 1200g (fifth free, right?) is rather obstructive, and completely undermines the entire point of having a variety of colors. You’re better off buying a precursor and sticking with your existing tag.

That is to say nothing of their use outside of WvW.. like world bosses, event chains, guild events, living story, and so on. However I don’t think there are as many instances in which multiple tag colors would be beneficial, unless there were multiple commanders on the map, running different content.

If they felt the need for a gold sink of sorts (which, between keeping up with quality siege and limited rewards/drops.. I don’t think this is necessary. I mean, you have to work and grind to be swimming in coin in GW2 – look at any other game’s reward rates.. they far surpass those of GW2 in terms of value and usefulness…) they should utilize the WvW badges, rather than the same amount of gold as, say, a precursor. It seems more logical, from a game design perspective, to have some of the tags gated behind badges of honor, as one would have to be well versed in WvW to get them, while others can be available for gold. That is, if they’re really committed to the idea of making players purchase multiple tags – which is really ridiculous. If I understand the implementation correctly, not only will the tags take up more inventory space, but it makes it an additional hassle to switch it up.. rather than having the ability to activate the tag and change the color on the fly. I mean, this was initially intended to be, in part, a QOL feature too, wasn’kitten Sounds a bit scheme-y to me.

Instead, it seems Anet thought it was a cosmetic thing? Which would suggest that they barely skimmed the CDI and multitude of requests for this feature. Sure, some will enjoy the novelty of showing off a new commander tag.. and with the price they’ve made it a status symbol rather than what was needed, a useful additional tool (which again, are lacking) for improving WvW. I mean.. requiring someone to spend 300g on each color severely limits the number of commanders who will go “beyond the blue” thus, defeating the purpose of the colored tags. Sure, some are possibly rolling in gold.. but what about the small guild groups and havoc groups? Those many, many players who tag up to help out when the map lacks the leadership needed for militia?

It is as if they completely overlooked the reasoning and justification the players made for the change request in the first place, which makes this another disappointment, rather than something much awaited and needed that people could be excited over. I’m not one to complain often, nor would I consider myself a malcontent, but I am really underwhelmed with this, and a bit frustrated at the fumbled implementation. Like I said, it completely defeats the purpose.

(edited by islarose.7356)

in WvW

islarose.7356

I’ll likely be following right behind you.

I’ve been playing in this weekend’s beta, it’s a blast!

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Need anwser the feedback is pretty straight forward, Anet u can even say, we’re thinking about it will let you know in few days is fine that, but we need to know that we’re atleast being listen to it, even if you don’t agree with us the player base

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

islarose.7356

not that I support this, but it’ll make it so that the commander will generally have to have the support of the general community to get these different color tags, so if some one is rolling around with a red tag… you know their good?

But the same thing still works for your system and its less crazy in terms of price. I like it a lot better.

Not really. Any person who plays the TP can buy them all instantly without a problem. Usually the good commanders are the poor ones.

Exactly. The ones that spend 12+ hours in WvW leading, deploying superior siege, putting out food, and so on. If this is just going to be a vanity thing, which it seems that’s how Anet’s playing it, it seems this will have the opposite effect (pretty peakittens vs. good commanders.)

in WvW

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Need anwser the feedback is pretty straight forward, Anet u can even say, we’re thinking about it will let you know in few days is fine that, but we need to know that we’re atleast being listen to it, even if you don’t agree with us the player base

We will know the details the 20th. But I would not keep my hopes up.

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

But where is that tag that only shows up for your guild? That was the important one.

That seems like it would have similar functionality to the way tags current work. Currently you can join a squad which hides all other tags on the map, it’d be nice if a commander could select to hide their tag from all others on the map unless they are in the commander’s squad. Kind of like a reversal of their current functionality.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

It’s really sad that they are doing this with no additional functions to the tag. I could probably justify the additional cost if it was more than a colored Dorito.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]