Commander of the Year

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Wididyth.3847

Wididyth.3847

How can I vote ? I don’t even know all the commanders of my own server :s
So how could I know the ones I never play with, on the other servers ?

What criterias should we use to decide what is a good commander ?
Who you love the most ?
Funniest voice / accent ?
Best at shouting loudly and constantly on TeamSpeak ?
Best win rate of XvX ?
Best win rate when outnumbered ?
The one who cares the most about keeping our positions ?
Best at caping sneakily a position ?
The one who knocks ?
Plays almost always ?
Never makes dramas ?
Makes tons of dramas ?
Has the best strategies ?
What criterias to determine what is a good strategy ?
The one who has the greatest number of followers on Twitter ?

So many questions which remain unanwsered. This thread seems to be such a nonsense x_x

Dexterité [DEX] : : : Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Engi / War lv80.
“I found myself noob until I met someone who moves his character with his mice.”

(edited by Wididyth.3847)

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: ice ice baby.6083

ice ice baby.6083

Kid Inkk

15 character limit

Pure, Leader Of ;
[dF]Driven by Fury
Far Shiverpeaks

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Jaakko.4759

Jaakko.4759

Skuld Olfson, if not the best hes easily on top three or five, be it europe or america servers.

Hiehot on kultaa. Hiehot on hopeaa. Hiehot on pronssia.

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: flickky.2634

flickky.2634

RIP Ridculy 2013
Blackgate

Flickky / Landsplash
[TwitchTV] [Twitter]
Oceanic Leader of [KnT] Knights of the Temple ~ Blackgate

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

No Flickky…NO………

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Been on five US servers and the best commander I have followed is DTC Justice on BP. Stays calm, very concise, excellent strategy, adapts quickly, always trying new tactics, plenty of outmanned fights with wins, encourages new players, rarely gets upset and doesn’t quit after losses even during the crappiest of match ups. He even gutted it out when tiers were locked and BP was stuck against a much more populated server for over three months.

Probably his best ability is to heard PUGs, turn them into a formidable fighting force and not make them feel like 2nd class WvW citizens. Not many commanders have the patience for that.

I am sure there are others who can say the same but he is the only one like that I have run with.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

Smokey from HB- Blackgate.

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Nightelight from TC, great commander, and zerg destroyer. Thank you for your service!

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Goldiy from Ebay. The entire time I’ve WvW’d, he’s been the leading force on defense of our borderlands, the man with the tactics and the know-how, along with the determination and time to pull off borderlands defense, one of the most important roles you can have in WvW.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: stevie.4187

stevie.4187

Kid Inkk

<3

Commander Kid Inkk
[LAST] SFR

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: bllius.9027

bllius.9027

This post demands video proof of any nominations.

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Garillo.1349

Garillo.1349

Jang Gun

Since beta he has led both WM and pugs to strongly influence whatever server he has played on. He is responsible for developing much of the strategy and technique we still see and use today, such as stacking and quick combo fields. His 70 man guild has sent 2-300 person guilds into fits of rage from repeatedly wiping.

Most importantly, he treats everyone with respect and is a good sport.

Garillo -Guardian ** Dosbox- Engineer
Garillobot- Ranger * Shilombish Hokoffi- Necro
Ahalaia Afabi Sipi- Thief *

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Digivolution.8029

Digivolution.8029

Jarvan from RISE…. Lol sike.

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Phantasmal (SoR)

He’s good at repairing stuff

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’ll just say this: Opa idemo!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Waage , [RK] blackgate , hes from netherlands and a great commander

[WM]give us in game ladder

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Fishball Asuna is the best SoS commander I played with. There are a few others who are good too, such as Luvpie.

On Blackgate the best commander I’ve played with is Jang Gun. I’ve only joined his zerg once, but that one run was incredible. We spend 5 minutes running around the map doing nothing, and then suddenly we drop on and annihilate the JQ zerg. He manages this again and again and again; no matter where JQ zerg goes they just keep dying. Incredible. I’ve no idea how he does it.

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: LetsOneGamer.6035

LetsOneGamer.6035

Staff Ele Extraordinaire [mV] – Far Shiverpeaks

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

Noice from Ehmry Bay. He lead our attacks for like 10 straight hours and knocked Stormbluff Isle down to third place. Most fun I’ve ever had in WvW.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

This is kinda odd. How would you chose a real commander of the year? People will only vote on commanders they know (the ones on the servers they play on). There is no way to compare commanders from other servers. If I only know a few commanders (not even all of them) on the 1 of the like 30 servers there are, I can’t really accurately select “the best”

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: sofired.6071

sofired.6071

This is kinda odd. How would you chose a real commander of the year? People will only vote on commanders they know (the ones on the servers they play on). There is no way to compare commanders from other servers. If I only know a few commanders (not even all of them) on the 1 of the like 30 servers there are, I can’t really accurately select “the best”

Just for fun and obviously people are talking about their own servers.

WSR – GW2’s #1 ranked server that starts with a W.

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Yeah i dont have any problem with it :P dont get me wrong

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Lina.9640

Lina.9640

Not to mention it’s easy to call commanders great when certain servers have basically had easymode matches at least 5 weeks out of the league, if not all 7 weeks.

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Interestingly enough, no one mentioned any of the JQ commanders and to be honest, to me there wasn’t a single best commander… There are half a dozen I would follow without hesitation, a couple that I don’t care for their command ideas/style, but most know what they’re doing.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Kjendar.6459

Kjendar.6459

I would like to nominate all the scouts that let you know when something is getting attacked. Without them none of the commanders would be able to take anything without all our stuff being taken.

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Kidink!!

Best EU commander.

Can it get more annoying?

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Waylander.5106

Waylander.5106

I’ll probably get hung for this but coming from Whiteside Ridge I’d have to nominate all our commanders, along with the Vabbi commanders. It can’t be easy trying to command what is basically a forlorn hope against overwhelming odds but they keep trying. So thank you to them all.

Helmut Von Luckless, Ranger [EVO]
Whiteside Ridge o/

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

For me the commander of the year is Lord Green Arrow.
A gentlemen on and outside the battlefield, shows respect and gratitude towards other players, knows what he’s doing either on open field or inside a keep, wants to farm bags rather then be stuck inside a tower and he never gives up.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: MeatShield.1983

MeatShield.1983

I’ll throw in another vote for Goldiy of Ehmry Bay. Very friendly and fun commander to follow. He is very dedicated and leads the recapture of our home bl almost everyday. We have a great home defense because of Goldiy.

Ehmry Bay
Zergs on Demand [ZoD]

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

My vote goes to Dragun Knight (DK) from Yak’s Bend [FoW]. Yes, he is from my guild, but I can’t think of a commander who is more dedicated than he is. He spends as much as 46 consecutive hours in WvW sometimes and stays in WvW 12-14 hours/day (on an average).
We are very lucky to have someone like him on our server. Hats off to him

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Ajaxs the blue, hands down, were all nothing but a bunch of mouthbreathers compared to him.

Will you help me move?

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Maugrem.7608

Maugrem.7608

Commander Tyryon De los Bravos from Fort Aspenwood, best commander in FA.

—> Hes first time against " AGG "

—> one of the many funny moments.

Definitely, my shot of expresso in the field! Love Tyryon! My vote for sure!

Maugrem Moorgraves Ex-Nimue Nightshade (DAoC- Roisin Dubh)
An Epic 80 in every flavor (Five Thousand Finishers)

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I liked TC’s Mario Q_____Q

Till he left. Chuu is pretty good, too.

I ? Karkas.

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

No one could possibly have the breadth of vision and range of experience to make meaningful nominations for a “best in game” title.

If you want to break this up into some sort of best Commander per server, you might be able to get some meaningful nominations…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Commander Tyryon De los Bravos from Fort Aspenwood, best commander in FA.

—> Hes first time against " AGG "

—> one of the many funny moments.

GGGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

I’m just waiting for one of the intense commanders to say that in the end. XD

My commander vote goes to Luvpie from SOS, outnumbered or lack of certain classes still going to get a good fight.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: JWiLL.7514

JWiLL.7514

I’m going to nominate Disco from TC. Purely on the aspect that following him is an absolute RIOT of a good time – no equal when it comes to the absolute fun factor. You will never laugh so much, and he has lots of skill and knowledge, very approachable, and never harsh with even the newest of players.

Close second would be Nightelight (sorry bro, the crappy Mic was the deciding factor :P ) . They are both very much the reason I went and got a tag myself, and decided to join CERN. Never once regretted the decision.

I second that about Disco. The guy is hilarious and nobody can question Nightelight, he’s the cornerstone but for me personally it’s Chuu Chuu. In fact CERN on the whole are doing a bang up job and every one of their commanders are knowledgeable and personable with no noticeable ego but that’s just what TC is all about.

Just a side note, I’d like to say thank you to all the other commanders of TC like Zen and Azelroth and Sgt. Laiken from AARM it’s been great running with you guys too and you guys deserved to be mentioned. There’s many more but I apologize for not being able to remember all of you. Also like to say Odinzu from EP was my all time favorite. Sad to see you guys go and it sucks fighting against you but it is what it is.

-[CAKE]Guru

(edited by JWiLL.7514)

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Xushin on Maguuma…….because he’s Xushin!

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

I nominate Dragun Knight from [FoW] on Yak’s Bend, aka the Lord of the green Hills.

p.s. I am not in [FoW]

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Commander Snifox from Augury Rock. There can be only 1.

[RG]

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

RIP Ridculy 2013
Blackgate

RIP Rid, best commander NA.
Never forget.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

RIP Ridculy 2013
Blackgate

RIP Rid, best commander NA.
Never forget.

RIP Ridculy. You are always in our memories sweet prince.

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

Been on five US servers and the best commander I have followed is DTC Justice on BP. Stays calm, very concise, excellent strategy, adapts quickly, always trying new tactics, plenty of outmanned fights with wins, encourages new players, rarely gets upset and doesn’t quit after losses even during the crappiest of match ups. He even gutted it out when tiers were locked and BP was stuck against a much more populated server for over three months.

Probably his best ability is to heard PUGs, turn them into a formidable fighting force and not make them feel like 2nd class WvW citizens. Not many commanders have the patience for that.

I am sure there are others who can say the same but he is the only one like that I have run with.

Going to agree with this, DTC is a fun great commander..actually left the server because he stopped playing for a while and it got stale. Good to hear he is back.

More servers could use someone like him, his messaging to unify the PUG’s really helps BP compete with the higher pop servers…cause when you got the message you knew it was going to be good fun, so tons answered his call.

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

I can’t believe you guys seriously think someone screaming like a kittening idiot is commanding.

This is Parthis from JDGE. At the end of this video we’re surviving with 15 against 30-40 until we get overwhelmed but you don’t see that in this video. Not saying this is the best commanding, but I think it’s better than a guy whose balls barely dropped screaming in the mic.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

I vote Nyx from [PD] on SoR.

Responds to every call for help. Defends/upgrades/sieges up anything needed. She drinks. She talks dirty to me and I am president of the Nyx fan club and the number 1 member.

Pls marry me Nyx!

Love,
A L T S

A L T S
Skritt Happens

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

Another vote for Dragun Knight (FoW, Yak’s Bend). Reasons:

- YB has performed above expectations, with second in silver
- He knows what he’s doing
- He puts in amazing hours

We have plenty of good commanders on YB (including ones in my own guild, which is not FoW), but DK is the generally recognized ‘main’ commander.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Jang Fun, Dia Never Run, Pathero.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Akkadian.7206

Akkadian.7206

My vote is for Vapoure. He has a very soothing voice and has so much charisma it practically oozes out of him with his fine leadership. I hear he’s very popular with the lads, as well. ~_^

Blackgate

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: ricky.2679

ricky.2679

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

RIP Ridculy 2013.

You’re with the Golden Dolyak in the sky now, my brother.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

Commander of the Year

in WvW

Posted by: dagneyandleo.6378

dagneyandleo.6378

RIPculy 2013.

He will always be in the public channel of our hearts.

[KnT] Blackgate
Lythereal Fields, lvl 80 mesmer, Lythiele, lvl 80 ele, and Lythigrr, lvl 80 guard