Content from the Dev livestream

in WvW

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Thanks devon it’s nice to see this forum become more active by a dev in the past month or two. Really hope WvW gets the changes it needs over the next couple months or year and having you present here often helps us with that.

I do hope we as a community and you as a dev team can have some more discussion on were we as a whole want wvw to go in the future though.

I wanted to chime in a bit here. We appreciate that people really enjoy organizing their own combat in WvW and we are very aware of it. We’ve been discussing what can be done about that. However, WvW is its own game type and it requires attention specific to it. We are focused on making WvW as fun as it can possibly be and we will continue to make changes to WvW with that in mind. Our decisions regarding WvW will always have the needs of WvW paramount.

2) The PPT game, at present, is flawed deeply in that the present matchup system makes it largely irrelevant. Players want more variety, yes, but they want a challenge that they feel is possible to succeed in as well. Yes, people care about their “ratings,” but they care about the ability to win the week a lot more. Most matchups are decided before the first fight every happens. :-/ I think the change to the matchup system ranks up there with making server transfers no longer free as the single most damaging thing to WvW that’s occured thusfar.

Isn’t EU not having to much trouble with this? Shouldn’t we as a community work on spreading out our numbers across all servers to even out the matches ups in WvW?

I know that will be hard due to the gem requirement for transfer(and not knowing server or wvw numbers) but the whole un even match up thing needs to be resolved by the community and the devs not just one or the other.

Their also needs to be ways for the servers to communicate so if 2 smaller servers are getting owned they can get together and push the big dog out of their yard.

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Devon here is the Feedback of most guild group running in wvw, Make the buff, selectable on/off so that Gvg can be viable in the future, without too much assle.
The new system(borderland bloodlust) must stop the Blob Meta that ruining wvw all around.
And Please listen to us that we’re asking a gvg arena, it will really help the game

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Devon here is the Feedback of most guild group running in wvw, Make the buff, selectable on/off so that Gvg can be viable in the future, without too much assle.
The new system(borderland bloodlust) must stop the Blob Meta that ruining wvw all around.
And Please listen to us that we’re asking a gvg arena, it will really help the game

Just GvG in the Obsidian Sanctum.
You avoid any orb buffs.
You are focused on keeping your EB keep, making GvG-oriented guilds ‘contribute more’ to the server points, and i’m sure you’ve heard that argument against you from time to time.
You do not ‘waste’ any slots on borderlands.

(edited by drkn.3429)

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

And you can’t play because EB is the map with most q for most hours.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Anybody knows where one can view the stream? I was on a work trip for few days, so I missed it.

While it is great that WvWvW finally gets attention and the live stream is a superbly good idea, the summary on this thread sounds like a nightmare come true.

Keeping the BL maps as small, but practically eliminating the lake + adding more objectives around where the lake should be is a really bad idea:
- the side with bigger numbers will have a superior advantage
- offering the leading side map wide boosts is the bad idea (read below)

We already have called Power of Mists and I consider it has an educational example of failed game design. The winning side shouldn’t have any bonuses, which make the winning even easier. Luckily the stat bonuses are rather small, thus it is not entirely game-breaking. But now adding a similar system on top of it could easily create a snowballing effect. The winning side gets even more morale, encouragement to utterly trash and steam roll the outnumbered side. The side with much less players seems the challenge as Mount Impossible and goes back to pve. Combination Power of Mists, the new proposed system and Applied Fortitude + Guard Leech WXP traits could be devastating for small scale and solo roaming (one side / player having enormous stat boosts compared to no/almost no boosts).

In the current system matches are generally decided already within the first few days from reset, now the proposed system might make this even worse.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_of_the_Mists

(In a well designed system this should be the opposite and probably completely random e.g. the more your server is behind in points, it has a better likelyhood to gain some minor buff points e.g. +4% to healing power or health. Thus giving a better chance for a comeback and higher likelihood of really even matchups).

Here are question for the devs:

1. Where can we have large scale underwater combat if / when the lake gets more or less eliminated?
The lake provided a different combat experience (variety is good!) and siege free environment (a lot of players really hate the abundant siege wars, but Arenanet doesn’t seem to listen to them). The current pond in Eternal Battlegrounds is pitifully small and few very players reside there. The Raid on the Capricorn map in pvp is very small and the underwater is very small part of that map. So where is the underwater combat?!

2. Any plans to give players ability reset WXP traits?
(this could be a good money / badge / karma sink)

3. Any plans to tone down overpowered WXP traits?
( +250 to vitality, added power + condition damage, +25% damage buffs, 1.5x radius—> 2.25 times area etc. are obviously way too good to be true)

4. Any plans to balance the professions for WvWvW?
(Now it is obvious that some professions are much more frequent than others and also requested by good commanders, who might tell that that profession XXX is not needed)

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Perphection.8209

Perphection.8209

However, WvW is its own game type and it requires attention specific to it.

If you truly believe that why do you continue to let sPvP dictate the games balance? If WvW is it’s own game then treat it like it’s own game.

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Anything that promotes small group play or open field combat is good in my perspective.

This will do nothing to promote small group play. These new capture points are just new zerg targets and people will simply continue to follow the blue taco. We’ll be flipping these things faster than the Vale supply camp because there is likely no supervisor on the point.

Things will be even worse if WXP, karma or XP is involved in the capture.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

A suggestion for the “orb buff”.
Instead of stat buffs, why not make something like:
“Every enemy player killed is worth 1 point to your server’s score”
Kinda like the yak killing bonus works right now. That would probably be a reason for people to go out and have fights and kill people, wouldn’t affect roaming and GvGs, and still be something worth fighting for.
Heck, if you have the buff and go do a GvG and win, you’d actually be doing your server a favor, so people would stop complaining that we’re only taking queue space!

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

New content is great…. but not until they fix BASIC issues since release. Fixing the group UI to work in WvW as it does in any PVE Zone. Giving us a flexible commander and squad system that can be used for either public or private/guild events with more tools for commanders.

That should be the #1 priority before adding any “new” content.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

@Titan bitter? read what you typed, selfish,braindeads, useless that’s the word you used, who is bitter?

@drkn.3429 The EB JP is not good, queue in primetime always even in the lowest server, plus is not the best terrain, even windmill has some problems.

Yes there is good wvw guild that don’t do gvg and is fine they don’t want.
I found that most of the guild involved in gvg are a bit better than the rest.
Wvw guild that do gvg can bring so many point to a server you can’t believe it, if you’re in a server full of Pugs and pug commander go for you, some guild want to do gvg, for now we asked to get us an arena, and making possible to fight guild from other server outside the matchup. Now we’re asking to don’t break what is already in making the buff selectable, i don’t think we’re asking too much.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

(edited by Amelia Knox.9362)

in WvW

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

When you come up with an idea like reintroducing the orbs, players almost universally said “do not bring them back with gameplay-altering stat boosts.” . . . The fact is, that with the new way you want to do it, you still guarantee that the team with the most coverage will almost universally control the buff. That’s completely broken, and it’s sad to see the decision was made anyway.

Yes, many matchups are already unbalanced enough – which isn´t fun for all sides imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Guys, you are wasting your time if you think Devon and his team will listen to you about the buff. There are other places where they commune with players a lot more and it has been said to them time and time again, explained and reiterated, whined about and begged for and they simply don’t want to listen.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

AndrewSX.3794

Just one consideration for you guys that can’t stand Gvg.

Why do you think that wvw guilds, which spent (and keep spending) a LOT of time in wvw playing it “properly” came out with GvG in first place?

Because played “properly”, in the same amout those guilds paly wvw (always), wvw is boring. Bad. Doesn’t encourage in any shape or form actual Player vs Player over a AC vs Ram or Siege vs Siege in general. It doesn’t encourage to play differently from zoneblobbing 24/7, which is the worst thing – yet, da*nit, the most effective – in wvw bringing lag, frustration, and makes skill of a server fall to sheer number of dumb autoattackers.

Whatever is the reason, the point of making GvGs is that those wouldn’t exists in first place if only Anet delivered/developed/listened over this 12 months.

The options were either quit the game or come up with something to keep the interest alive in wvw. And there is why GvG born.

And come on, you do really think that wvw would be better w/o guilds? Turning in a permanent zergballing of uncoordinated random ppl with random classes with random builds and who has more ppl or more AC wins? That’s really a better wvw in your eyes?

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

After i start watching this stream i got a little hope that something will change, and at least we will get some nice info, but after 2 min of stream i lost my hope. AN thinks that abilities on WvW are great, and trying to make them use by players. New orb will completly destroy GvG, and still like half of year till this orb. This is kinda pathetic.
Go play with your ability alone AN. Thx for destroying WvW.

Im done with this game. Everquest NEXT is next target.

It was funny when people started to spam about GvG, AN turned off stream. Well done. You dont care about players at all.

Don’t kid yourself, you would be going to everquest next regardless. Some people just don’t like games and force themselves to play them as they wait for the next one to come and disappoint them.

No.

Im playing WvW for 9 months now, AND ONLY WVW. I dont play PvE,sPvP – im more mass pvp player. Im just sad that AN is ignoring hardcore guilds – which they are making fun on your WvW. Most of people here, runing randomly on zombie zergs 1h per 3 days – so yeah, for that kind of ppl WvW is some kind of fun. I was expecting from today livestream something more, insted of listening how COOL abilities are, when they are not.

I said that on other topic. Im still here, cuz of my guild – nothing more, nothing less. Im pretty sure, that on new game with mass pvp + GvG system, borders on GW2 will be empty.

Was said also, Dev today ignored people – that pretty much how AN care about WvW players.

And its lost its newness to you that all your just a fair weather player like all the rest of the wvw who “switch” when there world not doing well you just switching on games .

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

If you truly believe that why do you continue to let sPvP dictate the games balance? If WvW is it’s own game then treat it like it’s own game.

I can’t blame you maybe you just don’t know and all you play is WvW and not sPvP or don’t follow what has been said.

There is no specific balance team there is only the balance team. There are plenty of skills in this game that are different in sPvP than WvW.

thieves have 4 sec reveal in sPvP and not in WvW

Signet of resortation heals for less in sPvP than WvW

dhuumfire is 2 secs of burning in sPvP its 4 secs in WvW

confusion use to be the the damage it was in PvE was the same in WvW they then brought it down in WvW to sPvP levels but left it the same in PvE.

WvW has runes and sigils that sPvP doesn’t

I could keep going but sPvP balance and WvW balance are definitely different just the teams that make balance changes are the same for the entire game.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

After i start watching this stream i got a little hope that something will change, and at least we will get some nice info, but after 2 min of stream i lost my hope. AN thinks that abilities on WvW are great, and trying to make them use by players. New orb will completly destroy GvG, and still like half of year till this orb. This is kinda pathetic.

It was funny when people started to spam about GvG, AN turned off stream. Well done. You dont care about players at all.

Don’t kid yourself, you would be going to everquest next regardless. Some people just don’t like games and force themselves to play them as they wait for the next one to come and disappoint them.

No.

Im playing WvW for 9 months now, AND ONLY WVW. I dont play PvE,sPvP – im more mass pvp player. Im just sad that AN is ignoring hardcore guilds – which they are making fun on your WvW. Most of people here, runing randomly on zombie zergs 1h per 3 days – so yeah, for that kind of ppl WvW is some kind of fun. I was expecting from today livestream something more, insted of listening how COOL abilities are, when they are not.

I said that on other topic. Im still here, cuz of my guild – nothing more, nothing less. Im pretty sure, that on new game with mass pvp + GvG system, borders on GW2 will be empty.

Was said also, Dev today ignored people – that pretty much how AN care about WvW players.

And its lost its newness to you that all your just a fair weather player like all the rest of the wvw who “switch” when there world not doing well you just switching on games .

I was playing Lineage 2 on Bartz even when L2 was p2p, cant even count how many years i spend on this game, and how much fun i got it. So dont try to tell me that im serching for something new. When im playing game im puting max efforts on that. GW2 is more like, changes are not coming, bascilly we already know, that there will be no GvG in next 1-2 years, so why you think that people when know that, want to lose thier time on it ? No logic on it.

I was looking at your server, your guild. Pretty much i got what i wanted. Casual 400+ guild. Also looked at your guild profile on GvG. http://gw2gvg.com/guild.php?id=120

pretty sad.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

Just watched the stream back. The capture time on those new sites is much, much longer than the usual captures points I’ve seen or played with. These will be contested very, very often and very hard to take/retake. I can see some really dynamic fighting going on there. nice level changes with banks, no flat surfaces to run round with.

Going to be interesting

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

oZii.2864

No.

I was playing Lineage 2 on Bartz even when L2 was p2p, cant even count how many years i spend on this game, and how much fun i got it. So dont try to tell me that im serching for something new. When im playing game im puting max efforts on that. GW2 is more like, changes are not coming, bascilly we already know, that there will be no GvG in next 1-2 years, so why you think that people when know that, want to lose thier time on it ? No logic on it.

I was looking at your server, your guild. Pretty much i got what i wanted. Casual 400+ guild. Also looked at your guild profile on GvG. http://gw2gvg.com/guild.php?id=120

pretty sad.

Who are you replying to me or jski? Jski is not in Grindhouse gaming which is the guild you linked he is on Fort Aspenwood.

I am in grindhouse gaming but I didn’t reply to you.

You are also going down the elitist path and using a strawman argument looking up GvG rankings to discredit someone.

Also saying that a 400+ guild is sad because it’s casual is also very sad.

So Sad

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in WvW

Posted by: Breneg.7364

Breneg.7364

Some guildies and I watched the live-stream and we are very excited about the new glimpses of what is to come. The large castle and new objectives look awesome! The new Bloodlust objectives sound like a cool replacement for the orb, and having to capture and hold 3 of 5 places will force huge zergs to split. Ty wvw team.

[DR] Norn Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

@drkn.3429 The EB JP is not good, queue in primetime always even in the lowest server, plus is not the best terrain, even windmill has some problems.

It’s not about the JP being a good spot but about other spots becoming worse.
Borderlands will surely be affected by the new buffs, which pretty much invalidates the whole idea of an even GvG. Because of more stuff to do, especially for roamers and small groups, they will generally see more people, especially in the evenings in and around prime time, even if just because of the awesome novelty factor.
EB is pretty often full and if you wanted to get 15/20 people there, it would get pretty rough to get the last five, possibly getting stuck in queue. Besides, there’s no really decent spot in EB, anywhere on the map – nowhere secluded enough, unless far corners behind Speldan/Golanta/Umber, but even there you get some aggressive mobs and given the perma-threeway nature of EB, people might and will get their GvG fights interrupted pretty often.

The Sanctum, while far from perfect, most likely will not be affected by the buff, has a pretty decent spot for GvG right at the entrance (even just as you drop down, but you can also just go down the stairs to the shallow waters down there, should be enough room; even if not, you can mesmer-port people anywhere quite easily), and while you need to bypass the EB queue to get there, you will not contribute to it with those of you who already got there, as they will free their spots as soon as they reach the keep. The old argument of ‘GvG gives nothing to the server and you are just wasting slots’ becomes moot, queues or not.
This or custom PvP arenas.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’m very much against any form of stat boost attached to these new control points (unless it’s MF or something else benign). I hate the idea of being involved in a 1v1 or 5v5 and suddenly having my stats boosted because someone not involved in my battle captured a control point on another part of the map.

“You only won because you got Bloodlust half way through our fight!” will be the newest form of moaning you will see across the WvW forum.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Well, you know you are in trouble when the developer who is livestreaming refers to Supply Mastery as “cool”.

You also know you are in trouble when Devon always speak of changes that have been asked for from day 1 as something that they haven’t even started working on yet.

In a year from now I’m sure we’ll hear the same stuff. “Improving <> system takes time, but is definitely something we want to do”.

I like supply mastery ;-;

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

I have a question. Has anyone from Anet confirmed how the orb mechanic will function? Do we actually know what kind of stat buff will be bestowed on the server that holds the orb or is it all just speculation at this time?

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Watching it made me acutally more kitten ed.
I think It’s time to move to PvE since that’s all they do in “Guild” Wars 2.

Bad idea all we’re getting there is more meaningless currencies to zerg for.
All of the actual “Balancing” is being done for some pvp Minigame no one even plays

maybe you just don’t know and all you play is WvW and not sPvP or don’t follow what has been said.

There are plenty of skills in this game that are different in sPvP than WvW.

yeah…congratz on coming up with 5 things that are only very slightly different.
GW1 had 500 and a lot of them were functionally different too.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in WvW

Posted by: violentlycar.5267

violentlycar.5267

Your changes have focused on making siege a stronger and more central part of WvW while the community at large wants siege to be a supplement at best.

Speak for yourself. You don’t represent the entire WvW playerbase.

Indeed. Siege IS a central part of WvW and all these arrogant people who say “no one wants stronger siege” should get off their high horse and just shut up already. If you dislike siege, it doesn’t mean everyone else dislikes it too. You are just one loudmouth with an opinion, that’s all.

I admit I’m as disappointed with WvW as anyone, but Devon and his team is working hard it seems and I truly believe WvW will improve a lot in the near future. If it doesn’t, then I guess I’ll start crying too.

Admittedly my perception comes entirely from my home server, where I would say the vast majority of the regulars find the game less fun when heavy siege is involved. If half of our community loves the siege focus and the other half hates it, then I fear that there isn’t really going to be a good solution to the problem that doesn’t alienate a significant portion of the playerbase.

Maguuma – plays Asuras with various permutations of the name “Viocar”

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Looking very much forward to the new Borderland map.

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

In all honesty, they can add whatever they want as far as map is concerned, It still won’t change the fact that I’ll be playing ESO if the PvP is remotely better. By better I mean it just has to be functional. Things like the Down System, AOE Cap ect ect make this game undesirable if a better option comes along without those things.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I hope these new places also have ways you can sneak in or reach tactically advantageous locations such as underwater caves, hidden holes in the walls, mini jumping puzzles, etc. I feel things like this are not only small group friendly but always add another level of gameplay that feels missing from standard WvW combat.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

In all honesty, they can add whatever they want as far as map is concerned, It still won’t change the fact that I’ll be playing ESO if the PvP is remotely better. By better I mean it just has to be functional.

Functional like having a group UI that works in WvW? Functional like having a grouping system that meets the need of ALL players and guilds?

There seems to be a HUGE difference in what players think is important and what Anet thinks we want. Enough with the new content and mastery lines while we still are dealing broken UI and inflexible C&S grouping systems.

How can the inability to organize properly in WvW not be the primary focus at this time?

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

In all honesty, they can add whatever they want as far as map is concerned, It still won’t change the fact that I’ll be playing ESO if the PvP is remotely better. By better I mean it just has to be functional.

Functional like having a group UI that works in WvW? Functional like having a grouping system that meets the need of ALL players and guilds?

There seems to be a HUGE difference in what players think is important and what Anet thinks we want. Enough with the new content and mastery lines while we still are dealing broken UI and inflexible C&S grouping systems.

How can the inability to organize properly in WvW not be the primary focus at this time?

a Functional PvP system that isn’t involved around a failed PVE and SPvP system.

Look at how hard Anet pushes World vs World Keep and Tower Taking, completely ignoring the fact that they only reason people bother to take keep and towers at this point is because they get rewarded for it the most. Not because its fun, Hell not because they’re even trying to win (which is why the game is stale in the first place) Because the match is already decided the second its started, because its all based around Population.

World vs World in this game is a step above other games, Mainly because no other game really tried it except DAOC and Warhammer Online (Which I still think did a better job then GW2)

ESO doesn’t have to do much to be better then this Game, all it has to be is mildly playable at this point…Long as they don’t pull a SWTOR and pretend they have a capable Open World PvP System (Which in SWTOR case, they did not, and they clearly lied about it being functional, when the game lagged with anything past 16 people fighting) They should be able to do better then this game.

I’m not worried about Classes being unbalanced in that game, or anything….Just something remotely functional and not limited by a kitten poor excuse for PVE and SPVP system (Thank god ESO doesn’t have any SPvP to hold it back)

in WvW

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

I have a question. Has anyone from Anet confirmed how the orb mechanic will function? Do we actually know what kind of stat buff will be bestowed on the server that holds the orb or is it all just speculation at this time?

No, nothing definite has been said. However in the livestream and in various places they’ve referred to this being a new version of the “orb mechanic”, and the following quote from Devon in the GvG thread (which is worded differently from the one he made here) implies Bloodlust will have some sort of disruptive effect on them:

I’ll post this here as well:

WvW is a game type that we believe very strongly in. We’ve seen that people have been organizing their own combat in WvW and that’s really cool, but WvW requires changes that are not always in step with the gameplay that has been emerging. Our focus is on making WvW as strong as it can be and we will continue to make changes with that in mind. We have been and will continue to discuss these open field battles, but in the meantime the changes we make to WvW will always have that game type first and foremost in mind.

Emphasis mine. If Bloodlust is not going to be in step with an arranged fight between even numbers in an empty corner of the map, it seems logical to assume it will directly effect combat performance.

MAG

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

No, nothing definite has been said. However in the livestream and in various places they’ve referred to this being a new version of the “orb mechanic”, and the following quote from Devon in the GvG thread (which is worded differently from the one he made here) implies Bloodlust will have some sort of disruptive effect on them:

I’ll post this here as well:

WvW is a game type that we believe very strongly in. We’ve seen that people have been organizing their own combat in WvW and that’s really cool, but WvW requires changes that are not always in step with the gameplay that has been emerging. Our focus is on making WvW as strong as it can be and we will continue to make changes with that in mind. We have been and will continue to discuss these open field battles, but in the meantime the changes we make to WvW will always have that game type first and foremost in mind.

Emphasis mine. If Bloodlust is not going to be in step with an arranged fight between even numbers in an empty corner of the map, it seems logical to assume it will directly effect combat performance.

But, “WvW requires changes that are not always in step with the gameplay that has been emerging,” could also refer to all the new mastery lines and abilities that have been added. It doesn’t necessarily follow that it will be something that effects combat performance.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I wanted to chime in a bit here. We appreciate that people really enjoy organizing their own combat in WvW and we are very aware of it. We’ve been discussing what can be done about that. However, WvW is its own game type and it requires attention specific to it. We are focused on making WvW as fun as it can possibly be and we will continue to make changes to WvW with that in mind. Our decisions regarding WvW will always have the needs of WvW paramount.

Anet kills the GvG scene at their own peril.

Almost all WvW guilds are doing it in some capacity. These are the guilds that lead WvW, provide the meta and the leadership for the casual players.

If you send a “kitten you” message to these guilds, don’t be surprised if more leave the game.

I honestly can’t believe Anet is fighting their player base over something like this.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

they’re not. they’re improving WvW, which was always intended to have an orb mechanic in any case.

why should people who don’t gvg- and probably a lot of people who do – accept Anet scrapping or changing their plans in favor of the unoffical GVG scene (which has other options anyway).

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

I farm guilds said to be GvG oriented in wvw because they are not doing anything better than a harcore player oriented wvw or spvp would do.

Thanks for not understanding what GvG is all about, and also thanks for making a complete clown out of yourself. Your post really made my day. The only thing you farm is crafting materials in EB maybe, so go ahead, do your PvDoor and believe that it´s PvP.

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

sign people crying about Bloodlust crack me up, Relics existed in DAOC, daoc had a far more competitive GvG scene than this game, that required far more skill and didn’t rely on silly crap like 25 vs 25 ball groups (it was 8v8 because that was the bloody group size)

Hell we use to fight groups all the time that had all 6 Relics and we still won, That’s with them having 20% more Melee damage/20% more Magic Damage and 20% better healing….

So suck it up and play better.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

sign people crying about Bloodlust crack me up, Relics existed in DAOC, daoc had a far more competitive GvG scene than this game, that required far more skill and didn’t rely on silly crap like 25 vs 25 ball groups (it was 8v8 because that was the bloody group size)

Hell we use to fight groups all the time that had all 6 Relics and we still won, That’s with them having 20% more Melee damage/20% more Magic Damage and 20% better healing….

So suck it up and play better.

And under the old orb mechanic, the guild I was in repeatedly destroyed significantly larger groups who had all orb buffs.

It doesn’t matter, it’s not because it can be beaten that it should be done, for many other guilds and zergs, the broken mechanic of the orb buffs compeletly ruined it for them. It’s a snowball effect which will affect much more than GvG, and if people aren’t smart enough to see that…. Lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

What broken mechanic?

You realize the orb mechanic will work completely differently now, right?

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

But will the buffs?

I’m following the same assumption everybody else is – stat boost – and that is what I’m talking about when I refer to a broken mechanic.
A buff which makes the already strongest servers (because I do believe that server will have the buff more often than the poor downtrodden other servers) even stronger.

(edited by Genev.2450)

in WvW

Castaliea.3156

I farm guilds said to be GvG oriented in wvw because they are not doing anything better than a harcore player oriented wvw or spvp would do.

Thanks for not understanding what GvG is all about, and also thanks for making a complete clown out of yourself. Your post really made my day. The only thing you farm is crafting materials in EB maybe, so go ahead, do your PvDoor and believe that it´s PvP.

WvW isn’t intented to be PvP. It’s meant to be WvW.

As a WvW’er…
I’m all for GvG and I support it 200% but the amount of disdain this is causing in a completely unrelated area of the game towards both plays and Devs is disturbing. We as WvW’ers need to understand the GvG’ers plight and none of us should be looking down on them as these people do often contribute to WvW itself. However, this is not in anyway how a respectable GvG community should be acting. Honestly I wish the GvG forum “scene” would more over to General Discussion area where it belongs until ANet as a whole, NOT the WvW team, gets their act together and implements real accommodations for said gametype. This way I don’t have to listen to the constant bickering between the entitled, god-complexed brats who claim to be GvG pros or god’s greatest gift to WvW and the people simply trying to remind them WvW may be where they took up residence but it isn’t their home nor should they expect those whose home it is to make special exceptions for squatters.

As a GvG’er…
It’s awesome that we got together and made an unofficial GvG league but we have to remember that we’re simply squatting in WvW. It isn’t where we belong nor is it somewhere we should force ourselves into. If they need to make improvements to WvW so be it. We shouldn’t be angry at them nor the people looking forward to the changes. We should be angry at the heads of ANet, the real policy makers, who after a year still have not made any movements to accommodating such an iconic activity such as GvG. We should not be embarrassing ourselves on the forums like this, hating on people because they make changes to their own home that might effect how well we can squat in it.

Guild Leader

in WvW

oZii.2864

Watching it made me acutally more kitten ed.
I think It’s time to move to PvE since that’s all they do in “Guild” Wars 2.

Bad idea all we’re getting there is more meaningless currencies to zerg for.
All of the actual “Balancing” is being done for some pvp Minigame no one even plays

maybe you just don’t know and all you play is WvW and not sPvP or don’t follow what has been said.

There are plenty of skills in this game that are different in sPvP than WvW.

yeah…congratz on coming up with 5 things that are only very slightly different.
GW1 had 500 and a lot of them were functionally different too.

GW1 =/= GW2 spiritual successor but not the same game as been said many times.

{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Kinda like the yak killing bonus works right now. That would probably be a reason for people to go out and have fights and kill people, wouldn’t affect roaming and GvGs, and still be something worth fighting for.
Heck, if you have the buff and go do a GvG and win, you’d actually be doing your server a favor, so people would stop complaining that we’re only taking queue space!

If they do this, my respect for ANet would go up by many many orders of magnitude. That would be an awesome way to encourage fighting instead of PvD, and to make both small-scale roaming and hardcore-guild zerg-busting feel more relevant to WvW.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Castaliea.3156

If they do this, my respect for ANet would go up by many many orders of magnitude. That would be an awesome way to encourage fighting instead of PvD, and to make both small-scale roaming and hardcore-guild zerg-busting feel more relevant to WvW.

Why I never hear any talk of that in guild chat Luiz? xD
I do like this idea a lot. I can’t say I’m 100% on the point value because I don’t want WvW to become simply about orb buff and circle fighting because people find it to be more effective than investing time into objectives however the concept or goal is definitely something I approve of 100%

Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

for any still looking for a youtube link to a vid of yesterdays livestream, it can be found here.

Everyone needs to chill out and read this very well put post from Castaliea again. Kudos man, nicely said. I dare say WvW still had a lot of other more necessary changes needed that will not revolve around GvG but we should be working together to get all this stuff done for everyone, not arguing about which faction of the community is more important or has the bigger balls. ~^

As a WvW’er…
I’m all for GvG and I support it 200% but the amount of disdain this is causing in a completely unrelated area of the game towards both plays and Devs is disturbing. We as WvW’ers need to understand the GvG’ers plight and none of us should be looking down on them as these people do often contribute to WvW itself. However, this is not in anyway how a respectable GvG community should be acting. Honestly I wish the GvG forum “scene” would more over to General Discussion area where it belongs until ANet as a whole, NOT the WvW team, gets their act together and implements real accommodations for said gametype. This way I don’t have to listen to the constant bickering between the entitled, god-complexed brats who claim to be GvG pros or god’s greatest gift to WvW and the people simply trying to remind them WvW may be where they took up residence but it isn’t their home nor should they expect those whose home it is to make special exceptions for squatters.

As a GvG’er…
It’s awesome that we got together and made an unofficial GvG league but we have to remember that we’re simply squatting in WvW. It isn’t where we belong nor is it somewhere we should force ourselves into. If they need to make improvements to WvW so be it. We shouldn’t be angry at them nor the people looking forward to the changes. We should be angry at the heads of ANet, the real policy makers, who after a year still have not made any movements to accommodating such an iconic activity such as GvG. We should not be embarrassing ourselves on the forums like this, hating on people because they make changes to their own home that might effect how well we can squat in it.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Perphection.8209

Perphection.8209

I can’t blame you maybe you just don’t know and all you play is WvW and not sPvP or don’t follow what has been said.

There is no specific balance team there is only the balance team. There are plenty of skills in this game that are different in sPvP than WvW.

thieves have 4 sec reveal in sPvP and not in WvW

Signet of resortation heals for less in sPvP than WvW

dhuumfire is 2 secs of burning in sPvP its 4 secs in WvW

confusion use to be the the damage it was in PvE was the same in WvW they then brought it down in WvW to sPvP levels but left it the same in PvE.

WvW has runes and sigils that sPvP doesn’t

I could keep going but sPvP balance and WvW balance are definitely different just the teams that make balance changes are the same for the entire game.

I’m completely aware that there is only one balance team. But if WvW is its “own” game does it not deserve its own balance team? There are very slight differences but they make overall class adjustments based on sPvP….. Because sPvP is a thriving esport that generates incredible revenue.

Regardless it’s a comment made for our friend Mr. Carver based on what I think is a silly comment, which is calling WvW it’s “OWN” game.

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

(edited by Perphection.8209)

in WvW

AndrewSX.3794

Which is where afterall the 2 positions are different.

WvW is PvP with some sieging, control and whatnot attached

- or

Sieging, controlling, managing and whatnot with PvP attached

?

in WvW

Castaliea.3156

Which is where afterall the 2 positions are different.

WvW is PvP with some sieging, control and whatnot attached

- or

Sieging, controlling, managing and whatnot with PvP attached

?

You missed the point.

Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Summary:
More useless PVE masteries for the angry birders
More rewards for zerging
No fix for zerging and mass desertion in lower tier servers

I never saw that coming..

in WvW

XII.9401

So….

No new map.

Did you even watch the stream?

EDIT: in the screenshot above he is currently STANDING WHERE WATER SHOULD BE (via the mini-map) but is on a new “Colosseum” of sort which works towards Bloodlust in the Borderlands (new name for Orb?)

Oh my gosh..they changed 1 small area on the map.. You call THAT a new map?

Are you complaining about progress? If so, explain to me how a brand new map would work in your eyes. How would you go about balancing it? Did you measure all of the distances between towers and keeps to make sure that trebs aren’t too close between two or more objectives? The more details the better, you seem to have designed a few of your own for a several million-player-game judging by your reply.

I moved on from taking one dump a day to two. Praise me on my progress, plz.

in WvW

XII.9401

Saw this on reddit, took me a moment to realize this changed too.

I’ve added few more on top of the one i posted on reddit and you saw :

http://imgur.com/a/VMugH

They have changed the landscape around the lake quite alot.

There is something big in the middle of the lake as well as you can see on the last screen.

Basically those 5 new cap points are like 5 new supply camps for thieves and people who love small scale skirmishes around the map tho can’t say clearly what will be the impact and magnitude of this wvw buff for holding them.

Any change on the landscape adds more opportunity for new tactics/siege placement and strategies.

People shouldn’t cry about new stuff before playing it.

Camps never encouraged 5mans because PVE is boring for 5man pvp groups. What makes you think that adding more “camps” will help? I find it amazing how people can’t properly kitten things. Guess it comes from angry birding for 2 hours straight in a tower.