For season 2

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Pls make tier 1 servers to have their own division

T2 server doesn’t like fighting T1 server, and T1 server doesn’t like fighting T2 server either. The power gap is just too big

Anet pls

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

WvW isn’t balanced even between servers of the same tier. The reason is because there are no measures in the game that prevents WvW guilds of equal caliber from teaming up with each other and waffle-stomping the smaller guilds or WvW populations. So long as players are left in charge of maintaining a balance, there will be no balance. Programmatically the developers would need to redesign WvW to spread WvW guilds between different teams such that they are more equally matched.

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

WvW isn’t balanced even between servers of the same tier. The reason is because there are no measures in the game that prevents WvW guilds of equal caliber from teaming up with each other and waffle-stomping the smaller guilds or WvW populations. So long as players are left in charge of maintaining a balance, there will be no balance. Programmatically the developers would need to redesign WvW to spread WvW guilds between different teams such that they are more equally matched.

Meh I don’t think this is possible

It won’t be a good idea if Anet forces people to be in some certain server, people should be able to choose their own server

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Don’t make a second season until the way scoring is done makes it a little more balanced across all servers.

maybe if they do that us teir 1 servers wont have to recruit from every other server to fill coverage gaps. It won’t fix populations but then if people choose to move it won’t be because the big mean servers took/bribed/bought them.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

- get rid of achievment points for wvw achievments or make them unattractive for pve population
- get rid of world story kitten in wvw. we don’t need toxic npc running around north camp
- deny transfers while the season is going on
- make the matches last 3-4 days instead of a week.
- make queues dynamic. smallest server population decides how many people can get into one bl. that would make anet rich and the server would balance themselves

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

Meh I don’t think this is possible

It won’t be a good idea if Anet forces people to be in some certain server, people should be able to choose their own server

It’s not a design to force players from one server to another, it’s only a design to balance teams in WvW itself. You can still be in BG, FA, SOS or whatever, but based on the guild you select at that beginning of the season as your WvW guild. That is what would place you into a team, and only for that season because it might change as rankings change or as you switch guilds. One season you can be with your friends in guild A on green team and the next season you can be in guild B which could land you in a team opposite of the team guild A gets placed in for that season. It’s balanced based on actual statistical data rather than player choice.

Now, you say it won’t work, and I’m not going to outright say that you’re wrong because you might be right. Then again, if it isn’t tested or explored then I don’t honestly think anyone can prove it won’t work. That being said, what would you do to balance WvW not only between the different tiers, but between the worlds within each tier? Players currently choose where they go, so they are the ones that have control over balance and unfortunately over a year of that practice has shown that the majority of matchups have hardly ever been balanced. You might have 2 worlds close in score while that 3rd world is just stomped because they don’t have the representation they need to keep up, but that is about as balanced as you ever see currently.

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Every server likes fighting their own tier. Perhaps we should just do that.

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

- get rid of achievment points for wvw achievments or make them unattractive for pve population
- get rid of world story kitten in wvw. we don’t need toxic npc running around north camp
- deny transfers while the season is going on
- make the matches last 3-4 days instead of a week.
- make queues dynamic. smallest server population decides how many people can get into one bl. that would make anet rich and the server would balance themselves

The dynamic queues is interesting..but how would it work? Would it be like: the queue is set so the total map limit is set by the team with the smallest people there? It might be hard to implement, especially in the transition zones. Or imagine a large force (~60) on one map that leaves at once..would it kick people out? I think it’d be really cool if the maps were a bit more dynamic though with population in somehow (using queue, or not) (i.e. capturing a wooden keep that has only been capped for 20 minutes is worth less than capping a full T3 keep)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I had the same thoughts about that queue problem. I’m not sure how to solve it. But with the actual system the servers will never change much.
The problem starts when many people logging off, that normally doesn’t happen too often, mainly when it’s getting late in a timezone. Eventually a short period of restarting could help that. So everybody is kicked out, scores are frozen. But that would bring up new problems like “server freeze while taking garrison” or such things.
Maybe those queues wouldn’t be needed if the matches for seasons would be on weekends only. Weekends are always queued full.

In the end Anet has to do something or get rid of a season system again.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Don’t have a season 2..

Mag Server Leader

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I made the suggestion before that we create WvW servers. These would be servers that you could select in ADDITION to your pve server. But the difference with WvW servers would be that you need to be active on it, or you get removed after a time. This would create a more accurate population count. As for determining what time slot those players actually play… I dunno, didn’t come up with a solution for that one yet.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Season 2 while the current massive population differences that exist even within tiers is not a winning idea. (I’d argue that Season 1 wasn’t a good idea, but I guess you need to fail before you can learn from it).

The differences between #5 and #4, #9 and #8 (the worst examples in NA) alone should make such an idea a “no sell”.

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m still undecided if Season 1 was a good idea, never mind having a repeat.

One thing is certain though, server transfers need to stop the moment a second season is announced. Band wagon players have caused some ridiculous Q times even in the Bronze leagues. I deliberately play on a low tier server so I don’t have to deal with that.

The accusations over hacking and spying also seem to be more common on the servers that picked up a lot of players.

Of course the last problem with transfers during the season is the further imbalance that is created within the leagues. Ruins of Surmia is a good example. Based on past performance there is no way they should be running second in the EU Bronze league, but they are.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

the best suggestion (too lazy to dig up thread) was a 3/6/6/9 setup with 4 leagues. the top 3 servers of silver are much more on par with the bottom 3 servers in gold than they are with any other server in silver. This is a win for everyone.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The League brought out a lot of bad blood and behavior, for that alone, I do not wish to see another season. In then end, I believe there will only be a very small percentage of players that can say they truly enjoyed it.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Yeah I don’t think it’s not a good idea to have a Season 2 anytime soon, not until Anet can find some sort of solution that would help balance the populations and the PPT, while making it accessible to those who want to play when or when they can, aswell as actually improving the current metagame.

They should take into account the more rational solutions from their own playerbase, I don’t mean just the stuff we’ll be testing in the edge of the mists (if there is any queues).

I hope when regular matchups start up again there will be a much closer RNG range, rather than ridiculously imbalanced matchups before the Leagues started.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

No season 2 please.

Data right there. 99% lopsided matchups.

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

I can not speak for NA, but EU silver league was awesome and cant wait for season 2. Our server may finish around 5th place maybe? but who cares? the variety of fights have been phenomenal. You may get night-capped by the odd server, but prime time it’s more or less fair fights who ever u face, points are only numbers at the end of the week, forget about winning the season have fun while u play. But like I say that’s an EU Silver league POV. I think this league thing is the best thing in WvW since sliced bread, and im really looking forward to season 2. Is NA’s prime time totally unfair too? or is this just another coverage problem?

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

For season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Pls make tier 1 servers to have their own division

T2 server doesn’t like fighting T1 server, and T1 server doesn’t like fighting T2 server either. The power gap is just too big

Anet pls

Season 2 isn’t coming anytime soon. Hopefully there isn’t one.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain