Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: RcKelly.9263

RcKelly.9263

Its obvious the mega-server cant patch it, WvW is dieing off the guilds are disbanding, and pretty much all these latest patch has done is added very few things that should of been in the game from the start.

the focus on PvE has failed since PvE players are not the loyal ones its the PvPers and WvWers and you’ve ignored them and now its going to pay.

Few thing you could do, focus more on Guilds and WvW.

With Alliances and organised GvGs and leader boards

Alliance and Guild Halls and capes makes player more committed to guilds alliance and the game over all .

a new class and/or race, Not just new wording on skills or a new trait or new useless rune, make a new class mix it up its so unbalanced anyway cant have negative impact.

Theres nothing to work towards at the end legendarys are far to PvE focused and your PvE community is going elsewhere, Alliances and new guild options are needed.

only few suggestions but to be honest i think its too late ffor guild wars 2 community

…and bring back match up forums

King Crazy The Black
A Old Lion

(edited by RcKelly.9263)

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

This old thread again? Jeez people, you make this thread every month! If the game was going to die, it would have already with all you naysayers. -_-

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

There are still thousands of players that play WvW. Sure, 51 servers might be too many for the population, but all games lose players over time.

WvW is still healthy, and you have the blob server up in the top, and a mix of blobs and havok / roamers in the middle. I don’t know what the bottom is like, so I can’t speak for them.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

RcKelly.9263

its the community im talking about its like a bunch of zombies running after a commander no one talking on map chat the guilds are the community and there dieing off, and nothing is being done to stop it, thus game is going into free fall.

Probbly gonna be the first free to play free to play game out there

King Crazy The Black
A Old Lion

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Which server are you on? I don’t see that in T2.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

most likely one of the server that’s getting 2v1 atm and is bleeding out players.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

its the community im talking about its like a bunch of zombies running after a commander no one talking on map chat the guilds are the community and there dieing off, and nothing is being done to stop it, thus game is going into free fall.

You’re obviously on the wrong server and/or in the wrong guild……this is not the case on the server I am on. There is tons of chat all over the place……text wise and teamspeak wise.

Stating your wishes/desires as if they were fact does not make it so.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

No idea what that last sentence means, but the rest of what you said has existed since launch.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Iluth.6875

Iluth.6875

its the community im talking about its like a bunch of zombies running after a commander no one talking on map chat the guilds are the community and there dieing off

I’m seeing this on my own server in both pve and wvw, the community is drawing into guilds which isn’t the most positive thing I’ve seen happen to the game.

In wvw, Map and team chat don’t get much talk despite there being people on map. And our guilds are preferring to run tagless operations in enemy borderlands so they don’t attract zerg hangers.

I suggest if you aren’t already getting on server teamspeak if you have it, so you aren’t left completely out of the loop.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

RcKelly.9263

I have been on nearly every server in EU and seen how it developed, this is my opinion but ANET just dont get it players are so serious in WvW and competitive that is great but the game is not build around.

The server doesn’t mean anything is all about coverage people play wvw to fight not siege and cap and farm champions, it based around GvGs.

And as for map chat all i see on all servers is “Join Teamspeak” and dont get me started on the personality of people on team speak.

King Crazy The Black
A Old Lion

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Yagami.1640

Yagami.1640

most likely one of the server that’s getting 2v1 atm and is bleeding out players.

ofc any server that’s going to be 2v1ed is sure gonna see it a flaw of the wvw system. Let’s put that BG is gone for good then nxt season “The Couple” have to fight each other and since they’re the ones that invented it I’m sure each one of them will gonna cheat with another server to DP his/her spouse and GW2’s gonna lose players greatly again.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

I have been on nearly every server in EU and seen how it developed, this is my opinion but ANET just dont get it players are so serious in WvW and competitive that is great but the game is not build around.

The server doesn’t mean anything is all about coverage people play wvw to fight not siege and cap and farm champions, it based around GvGs.

And as for map chat all i see on all servers is “Join Teamspeak” and dont get me started on the personality of people on team speak.

WHAT? The majority of my server isn’t GvGing, and I bet a lot of people aren’t in guilds that GvG.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

its the community im talking about its like a bunch of zombies running after a commander no one talking on map chat the guilds are the community and there dieing off

I’m seeing this on my own server in both pve and wvw, the community is drawing into guilds which isn’t the most positive thing I’ve seen happen to the game.

In wvw, Map and team chat don’t get much talk despite there being people on map. And our guilds are preferring to run tagless operations in enemy borderlands so they don’t attract zerg hangers.

I suggest if you aren’t already getting on server teamspeak if you have it, so you aren’t left completely out of the loop.

SBI had the problem of people running tagless cause they didn’t want pugs, and then most of those guilds transferred off

Now, some guilds wont tag, because there is a tag already on the map, but those non-tagged guilds still communicate with the tags, and assist when the tag needs help, or something else on the map needs help.

Running without a tag, to avoid pugs, is a problem in WvW. Everyone was a pug once. You aren’t really a better person than they are, and you were just a green and a rallybot when you started playing WvW. So, these people should tag, and teach the pugs how to get better. If they aren’t on TS, or Mumble, or whatever you use, oh well, type crap in map chat. Be patient. Help them have fun and get better. That is how WvW will get better.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

100% true

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Also agree. Like nails on a chalkboard.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

Guild Wars 2 is dyeing

Corrected.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

i dont know why people stick to PvE instead of going to wvw for end game but theres definitely still plenty of people that only do PvE. Also the megaservers most certainly havent done harm its what needed to happen if anything merging servers for wvw would also be for the better.

I think the most important thing to keep a game alive is to keep helping new players its when everything is only a routine it becomes stagnant and ends up slowly dyeing.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

GW2 has died so many times already, according to such threads. I consider it immortal already, because it seems to keep coming back from the dead.

Okay, which of you necromancers has done this?

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Resurrect.jpg

Monks still working at Anet after being dismissed from gw series…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Resurrect.jpg

Monks still working at Anet after being dismissed from gw series…

I miss that skill.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Guild Wars 2 is dyeing

Corrected.

It’s dying

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

RcKelly.9263

Some of you missing my point, what im trying get across when i say Guild Wars 2 is dieing is that the developers have focused on Spvp and Living world, but the majority of players are in WvW.

They’re trying to push people into Spvp and trying to hype it up and be a E-Sport but its failed from the start, you have 3 good teams in Spvp the legends torny got 4000 viewers, ANET trying to convince themselves but the truth is almost every single one was there for the give always, because its built around capping 3 points on a map its not interesting all it is watching players avoid each other to cap points.

As for WvW you can see the potential still if you just developed it and pushed it towards fighting instead of drifting it towards EOTM PvE Scrub, you would realize that organised and view-able GvGs would draw much bigger attention than Spvp.

Lastly my point about it dieing its too late the best guilds are disbanding and leaving for other games so slowly but surly WvW will turn into a EOTM Mega Server.

King Crazy The Black
A Old Lion

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

You are kidding yourself if you think the biggest majority is in WvW. Just go do a GM on a Sunday to see tons of guilds with astonishing amounts of members that you have never ever heard of or saw while running the borders.

Now don’t get me wrong, that does not change the fact that more and more WvW guilds, especially multi game, are stopping or freezing their GW2 chapters. It might have to do with GW2’s nature of “pick it back up whenever you want”, new MMOs releasing or simply being the same content for ages. I just hope the developers have a plan to expand and not just reap the benefits until the source dries out.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

Guild Wars 2 is dyeing

Corrected.

It’s dying

You didn’t get it.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

In Winter of 2012, people said GW2 would have a short live cause all those WoWers left the game. But it was good they all left.

After the first league, more other people said GW2 cause a lot of guilds got tired. And he’re we are, lots of guilds are still seen.

And now this…

About population, a whole server can have 400-500 people at maximum playing WvW. A single Tequalt can put over 100 together, and that’s a single event on a single map on a single server…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Oh crap. GW2 is dying AGAIN???

One – Piken Square

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

I thought it was already dead. that’s what the internet tells me.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I thought it was already dead. that’s what the internet tells me.

Kind of related…

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

O’ Heck.. it’s not dying again is it?? … “bites nails furiously”
We best get off our TS channels and start writing in map chat to save it, otherwise … THE END!

Gees if I had £1 for every thread on every gaming forum that said this.. I would top dog on the money lists.
Sure WvW is nothing more than a champ train waiting to happen but that’s down to poor game design imo.. trouble is easy loot, easy win is still attractive to a heck of a lot of players as far as I can see…

But some only see DOOM101011 rather than FUN666

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Running without a tag, to avoid pugs, is a problem in WvW. Everyone was a pug once. You aren’t really a better person than they are, and you were just a green and a rallybot when you started playing WvW. So, these people should tag, and teach the pugs how to get better. If they aren’t on TS, or Mumble, or whatever you use, oh well, type crap in map chat. Be patient. Help them have fun and get better. That is how WvW will get better.

Some people don’t want to play with a mass of pugs following them around, not listening to them, not using useful builds, not using skills correctly, chasing off after squirrels. Some pugs want to improve, so they ask or they research and they eventually find themselves in guilds. Many pugs do not, and are entitled. They feel that the commander is there as some ambassador entity of the game, required to fulfill the pug’s gameplay demands. Nah. If 20 people want to run pinless, no one has the right to tell them to play any other way. They spent their $60.

Typing stuff in chat takes a long time and half the pugs don’t even read that anyway. “Don’t pop swords” should be all it takes in chat to make everyone avoid popping swords but it doesn’t work that way. Usually militia commanders do issue basic commands, almost anything that is required in order to be functional (build rams, port to keep, skip sentry).

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: aldwid.7548

aldwid.7548

This is true though. I am really getting tired of doing WvW…
Since WvW reward was crap I was one of those use real money to buy stuff from gem store. But I don’t really care now. I am sure I was not the only one and WvW was almost empty last night.
Edit: people may come back later but it won’t be the same unless gw2 can attract lots of new players

(edited by aldwid.7548)

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Didn’t read thread…. but i can i have ur stuff if ur leaving?

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Maby your server have the population moving to another server, that happens when servers start losing and implode. Divinity reach with 2h queue on overflow on my server really not a game that will die soon

(edited by kefro.9312)

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Oakwind.6187

Oakwind.6187

GW2 has died so many times already, according to such threads. I consider it immortal already, because it seems to keep coming back from the dead.

Okay, which of you necromancers has done this?

carefully raises hand

I’m sorry ok ._.

I play Engineer.
Balthazar runes are broken.

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Death

Death is the cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. Phenomena which commonly bring about death include biological aging (senescence), predation, malnutrition, disease, suicide, murder and accidents or trauma resulting in terminal injury.1 Bodies of living organisms begin to decompose shortly after death.

Ok so lets count facts:
- Malnutrition… check (living story)
- Suicide… check (cliff-jumping commanders)
- Murder… double-check!
- Predation… Eeeeek! Those quaggans yapping my feet.
- Biological aging… check (new beard-styles now available in the gemstore)

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Guild Wars 2 Is Dieing

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I think aside EotM the voice comm. is a must in WvW or for eg. fighting the Three Headed Wurm. Raids are like this since a decade.

Since the WvW tournament has started loads of pve-ers joined the wvw community and it’s a good thing!

The problem with these players is not the lack of skill nor the lack of gear. Is the lack of voice communication. 90% of the wvw-ers are on some kind of voice comm, let it be guild TS or server TS or something. The roamers are on skype…

But what can a wvw-er teach to a pve-er on the map chat? Nothing! Even the “Just follow me!” won’t work because a pve-er cannot run towards a gate without burning every CD on it…

Everybody was a PvE-er but we got better by joining TS and listening.

aldwid: I had the same feeling! But since I have 3-4 full exotic wvw set I don’t give a kitten if someone has legendary. Now I have my gear so I can play for fun not for the badge or T6 mats or Iron Ore. Ascended? One piece barely affect your stat by 1% (apart of the weapon but it’s relatively easy to get…). Play for fun not for the minmaxing… A well timed dodge worth more than a full ascended set.

Just my 2 cents…

#I no words have"