Hacking/Cheating back in full force, again

in WvW

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

The amount of hacking I have seen in the past two days is unbearable. Without GMs in the game and lack of understanding the games code by the developers themselves the cheating is going to continue for years to come — if this game even makes it to that point.

Report them? That has yet to prove this company does anything about the cheaters. Bots they worry about because that effects the Trade Broker thus dipping into possible Gem purchases to convert into Gold. Cheaters, on the other hand, cause no money loss to the games company and there for is not taken serious by its developers.

Aside from ArenaNet removing the Orbs due to causing imbalance in WvW, I haven’t seen much from them in dealing with the issue. It never once told me the company had full intentions to remove them ‘just’ because of the imbalance. It showed me, at least, that it was their way of putting a stop to hacking the item in the first place. Fine, partly job well done — but there has been zero effort to put a stop to players cheating left and right. Really now, cheating in WvW?

With four teams now dedicated to Temporary Living Story Rehashed Code every two weeks the company has failed to deliver on addressing its players resorting to cheating – speed hacks, damage exploits, teleportation, stealing professions that can’t even stealth, etc., etc., and tons of players witness this type of player behavior everyday. Where’s ArenaNet? Why have they not shown a smidge of concern about this within their game?

Quite frankly between the horrible looting system (Fractals Weapon Skins) and the amount of WvW cheating that goes on in this game — I honestly can’t see a difference between this game and AION anymore.

On top of all this I have had an NCsoft employee tell me “yes, someone at ArenaNet has made modifications to your character account.” is enough for me to stick it to ArenaNet. I had a very big feeling this was going on with my account due to an employee working there. If this is how they choose to handle their own product, then I see no reason this company is capable of handling the amount of cheating that runs wild within their game. And, I don’t trust you with my character after my discussions with your stakeholder.

(edited by Crawford.4135)

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

This thread lacks evidence

EDIT: and constructive feedback

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Zamiel.2130

Zamiel.2130

I was with a group of people outside our keep today when a single YB enemy placed a single stack of bleed on me that ticked for kitten at just over 1100 per tick. I was not taking any damage from any other source as I blinked out of range of anything and watched as my health melted away. Unfortunately I don’t run around with fraps on and a fat lot of good it would do not knowing the player’s name.

A month or so ago I down a ranger who could keep be permantly knocked down as if his down skills had no cooldown. I’d get up, bang, down, up, down. I couldn’t even fire a skill and if it weren’t for three others that saw this, he would’ve won.

So in closing, I have seen instances where things just don’t add up, but with not knowing who you’re fighting there’s just no point in running around with fraps to catch them.

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

There’s also downed opponent rallying in wvw without having anything that was killed first.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’ve seen people jump over walls too and get inside towers. without having to break down walls or doors. A lot of people seem to like using some sort of teleport hack. there also seems to be some sort of instant death thing as well. I got hit by something when I was fighting someone, instant death. Not even downed, dead completely. and no I hadn’t been downed previously, cuz I know you instantly die if you’d been downed multiple times. Just hit and instantly dead. Didn’t even show anything unusual in the combat log, just the pitiful amount of damage they had been doing to me previously and I know I sure as hell didn’t instantly die from a few minor hits dealing less than 1k damage. I should just start running around with something recording constantly so I can have proof of all the underhanded crap I see.

in WvW

Posted by: Fenalik.3865

Fenalik.3865

Yeah so fairplay.

http://i.imgur.com/YLVjVhI.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Nice catch

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

There also seems to be a cheat where people reduce the cooldowns on their abilities, way shorter than the traits allow them too.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

When I posted evidence with screenshots on our server’s thread I was actioned, the post deleted and told to not attack personally people and guilds even tho it clearly showed a player who managed to phase through the gates and was clearing siege, even tho the chat was showing and saying the same thing. I also posted screens of people speed hacking…same thing, actioned, post deleted and told to not do it.

Then the next day I got an email saying I had contacted support (I complained) and was asking if I could give feedback on my positive experience (almost barfed)

You can t report on the forums. You can only report in game which is very hard to do while you are alive in combat since you can easily die to the blob and not be able to target the person…whose name is again obfuscated.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

what do you pick in game when you catch these people doing something? do you just report it as botting or what?

in WvW

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

So being in Ferguson’s Crossing tier 8 we are not only fighting a tier 5 server Darkhaven and a tier 6 server Isle of Janthir we also have to deal with the cheats. DH i guess has been called out many times for this “zoomhack” (i’m sure nothing will come of it) which 5 of us FC got to enjoy with there late zerg on us.

At this point this game is pretty much lost. As soon as any half decent game comes out you will see half of these people quit this game. Not only are the hacks/cheats ruining the game but the server matchups are as well. Here is a screenshot of them hitting our siege inside the tower while not being in the tower yet. There is a MMO coming out next month which you will have to pay monthly but i’m getting so sick of these that I will probably go buy it just to play something else. It saddens me that a very good looking game like GW2 can’t get it right and I don’t think they ever will.

The issue I think is that Anet just thinks people are just complaining and thakittens not a real issue because they are not making money off that part of the game anyway. One of the sad realities of a free to play MMO like GW2 is they are only concerned with what will make them money not what won’t. However, what they fail to realize is if they make a great balanced, hack free WvW game experience that is fun you would see a large increase of players. These would bring in not only WvW players but PvE players as well and still make them more money than what they are making now.

There is a game that has been out for a very very long time and is still doing better than GW2 and its a paid game (i’m sure you can figure out which game). Is it a better looking game? Not even close. Is it cheaper? No you have to pay each month. Then what makes the people stay and not come to GW2? They got it right (not for everyone but most of the masses).

Attachments:

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

(edited by scooby treat.8420)

in WvW

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

WvW hacks? Where do we start?
AC zoom hack,
Fly hacks,
Walk right through wall/gate (AKA no clip) hack,
No damage hack (not the oil mastery bug),
Extra damage hack (dealing damage even when u use a skill that makes u invulnerable),
Self res hack,
Cross profession skills hack (eg. Elementalist who uses death shroud, warr who uses ele skills.)
And the exceptional cond damage hack mentioned earlier,
Anyone come across anything else that I missed?

in WvW

Posted by: Perphection.8209

Perphection.8209

I’m gonna have to agree with you on this. There has been a LOT of cheating going on as of late.

Remember when this game launched and people were getting banned for buying weapons with karma?

Remember when people were getting banned for selling food they crafted?

Where are the bans for people actually cheating? What’s the deal ANET?

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

I’m gonna have to agree with you on this. There has been a LOT of cheating going on as of late.

Remember when this game launched and people were getting banned for buying weapons with karma?

Remember when people were getting banned for selling food they crafted?

Where are the bans for people actually cheating? What’s the deal ANET?

Seems ANet is more interested in upholding rules which do not require any extra work on their part. The game is basically designed to enable hackers and to punish those who report them. See: the current situation in the united states regarding whistle blowing.

The whole punishing publicly shaming people whose sole intent is to ruin the game for others is so bizarre I can almost not comprehend it. You would think they would encourage people to let others know who they should avoid – given there is undeniable proof. Just don’t understand it.

CD

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

There’s no option in the report dropdown menu for anything relating to hacking or exploiting (why? I do not know). That and a 100 character limit textbox would be great.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

They won’t listen to your reports anyways. Read this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/ANET-Fix-Your-Towers/first

It wasn’t looked seriously despite thousands of reports being sent (they were too “vague”) and was only looked upon because someone from ANet finally realized it was indeed a problem.

Their dev team in regards to PvP in general is a joke. This whole game caters to PvE and there’s no denying it.

This is true. Think about it for a minute. On the next update, do you think we will see bug fixes or something of value or do you think we will see a new siege mastery line? WvW is going in the wrong direction and has been for a long time.

in WvW

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

There also seems to be a cheat where people reduce the cooldowns on their abilities, way shorter than the traits allow them too.

There has GOT to be a GM floating around in this game in WvW, or players are just going to stop playing this game. It was the downfall of AION, it’ll surely be the downfall of GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Is that Superman mode?

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

+1 for hackers actually getting banned, never seen so many in game as last week vs Arborstone [FR] and Fort Ranik [FR].

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: Holm.7058

Holm.7058

Let’s hope Hugh Norfolk stumbles upon a flying hacker, and realizes ever since release you’ve been able to jump into jerrifers slough and solo it.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

There has GOT to be a GM floating around in this game in WvW, or players are just going to stop playing this game. It was the downfall of AION, it’ll surely be the downfall of GW2.

yeah if the devs would actually actively play wvw, they would maybe learn a thing or two about those hacks…. but they dont.
the devs seem to be so busy with their esport mania, that they overbuff certain classes and overnerf others. yes, in spvp it will be balanced but the devs seem to be uninterested to actually balance wvw separately.
(and honestly, i think the ones that do play wvw, play a thief or a necro and hate mesmers and eles…and then also dislike engi and rangers…)

as for the cheats and hacks…

the zoomhack is pretty tough to fix as they would have to put a restriction on ac’s so they cant shoot from outside inside the courtyard(like an los), but that would cause a ton of bugs with ac’s that actually should reach there when gate is down or even ac’s placed inside not being able to kill players outside anymore. and we have also pets going inside the keep again through doors, so that shows that anet seems to have a hard time to fix that one.

hacks are in general hard to fix as they have to be caught first. idk how they are able to detect alterations like that….but please give us the option to report hacks as hacking in game.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Yza.2437

Yza.2437

No need for evidence. Everyone runs into hackers. The fact that you ask for it in this game is silly.

Constructive feed back? It is kinda implied..Hire people to tackle hacks?

in WvW

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

I agree. Just today I encountered this – being attacked by someone under the terrain with a harpoon, in spots that were clearly not valid for such an attack or player presence. I did a search but didn’t find any mention of this previously, but it may be a known issue. Either way, it’s pretty bad, and just one example amongst a great many failings in this game’s code. I strongly urge ANet to invest more resources in addressing these issues as they are indeed serious and quite real.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

All I can say is deal with it, I know its harsh but its true. Even if you find another game to migrate to somewhere somehow it will have its cheats and hacks for example: almost every FPS game has a type of aim bot, WoW and RIFT and other games of the sort have multiboxing, (which isn’t a bannable offense there) Fighting games like Tekken to this day can be ruled by turbo controllers, you get the point.

At least its a somewhat rare occasion, but their way of handling hacks such as the teleport bot and flying leaves a bitter taste, you can add these people to your friends list and see 1st hand that reports do nothing as they are online for months after dozens of reports.

in WvW

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

All I can say is deal with it, I know its harsh but its true. Even if you find another game to migrate to somewhere somehow it will have its cheats and hacks for example: almost every FPS game has a type of aim bot, WoW and RIFT and other games of the sort have multiboxing, (which isn’t a bannable offense there) Fighting games like Tekken to this day can be ruled by turbo controllers, you get the point.

At least its a somewhat rare occasion, but their way of handling hacks such as the teleport bot and flying leaves a bitter taste, you can add these people to your friends list and see 1st hand that reports do nothing as they are online for months after dozens of reports.

I agree. People need to realize that people WvW, PvE, and sPvP. It’s silly to say Anet doesn’t care, but they are a business and need to make money. MMO’s are expensive to make and maintain. What we can hope for is that they become more efficient at creating PvE content (living story) so they can put more attention to other aspects of the game.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: jeatsen.2378

jeatsen.2378

I agree. People need to realize that people WvW, PvE, and sPvP. It’s silly to say Anet doesn’t care, but they are a business and need to make money. MMO’s are expensive to make and maintain. What we can hope for is that they become more efficient at creating PvE content (living story) stop releasing silly mini-games, so they can put more attention to other aspects of the game.

FTFY. sorry it had to be done..
/rant

in WvW

Posted by: Grove.2835

Grove.2835

Jeez another thread on SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

Over the past few days I’ve seen:

Unstompable player, Player with no cooldown on downed skills, teleport hack.

And quite sure zoomhack is still pretty common too, and not talking about the resized window.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in WvW

Zamiel.2130

Cross profession skills hack (eg. Elementalist who uses death shroud, warr who uses ele skills.)

Saw that today, an SOS warrior (had two warrior signets showing) using Mist Form.

in WvW

Zamiel.2130

On the bridge defending EK against SOS using a catapult, I was continually pulled from it. Yet no enemy in inner and none below me. Everytimg I got back on, I was pulled off it, so every couple of seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: AllIsVain.6409

AllIsVain.6409

Yeah that’s not a cheat, that’s very easy to do and can be done by anyone. Will I tell you how to do it? No. Why? Because it gives players in the know an advantage – and I would not give away an advantage.

Lootballs – Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: AllIsVain.6409

AllIsVain.6409

Saw that today, an SOS warrior (had two warrior signets showing) using Mist Form.

Superior Rune of Vampirism
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Vampirism

Lootballs – Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: NYRKKIPAULA.8051

NYRKKIPAULA.8051

And quite sure zoomhack is still pretty common too, and not talking about the resized window.

Happened to me today when trying to stomp someone. Not sure was it because of lag but i could hit the body when hitting air to the side of the actual model. Couldn’t stomp though.

in WvW

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

This. As soon as I opened the thread I was sure that half the “reports” are made by people who don’t even know the game.

Not saying that there are no cheats, just that I would bet my wife that a great portion of reports would be about legit stuffs.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

So being in Ferguson’s Crossing tier 8 we are not only fighting a tier 5 server Darkhaven and a tier 6 server Isle of Janthir we also have to deal with the cheats. DH i guess has been called out many times for this “zoomhack” (i’m sure nothing will come of it) which 5 of us FC got to enjoy with there late zerg on us.

At this point this game is pretty much lost. As soon as any half decent game comes out you will see half of these people quit this game. Not only are the hacks/cheats ruining the game but the server matchups are as well. Here is a screenshot of them hitting our siege inside the tower while not being in the tower yet. There is a MMO coming out next month which you will have to pay monthly but i’m getting so sick of these that I will probably go buy it just to play something else. It saddens me that a very good looking game like GW2 can’t get it right and I don’t think they ever will.

The issue I think is that Anet just thinks people are just complaining and thakittens not a real issue because they are not making money off that part of the game anyway. One of the sad realities of a free to play MMO like GW2 is they are only concerned with what will make them money not what won’t. However, what they fail to realize is if they make a great balanced, hack free WvW game experience that is fun you would see a large increase of players. These would bring in not only WvW players but PvE players as well and still make them more money than what they are making now.

There is a game that has been out for a very very long time and is still doing better than GW2 and its a paid game (i’m sure you can figure out which game). Is it a better looking game? Not even close. Is it cheaper? No you have to pay each month. Then what makes the people stay and not come to GW2? They got it right (not for everyone but most of the masses).

Yeah, I remember when we fought Zoomhaven. I called them out on it in the forums, and they said “everyone does it.”

That was not a fun week, especially to be out-manned and having them cheat besides.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

There’s also downed opponent rallying in wvw without having anything that was killed first.

Elixir R from Engi (even on himself if he seeĀ“s it coming and is really fast) could do that for example.

On the other hand there are of course cheats in the game which could need some more bans.

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Happened to me today when trying to stomp someone. Not sure was it because of lag but i could hit the body when hitting air to the side of the actual model. Couldn’t stomp though.

I have had this happen with players I tried to rez. You stand right next to the corpse, but you don’t get the rez option. They ask in /say “rez plox?” and I can only say “sry, can’t target you”.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I agree. People need to realize that people WvW, PvE, and sPvP. It’s silly to say Anet doesn’t care, but they are a business and need to make money. MMO’s are expensive to make and maintain. What we can hope for is that they become more efficient at creating.

That doesn’t mean that it is okay for the company to ignore important issues like this though.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Larosh.1605

Larosh.1605

Yeah that’s not a cheat, that’s very easy to do and can be done by anyone. Will I tell you how to do it? No. Why? Because it gives players in the know an advantage – and I would not give away an advantage.

Not a cheat perhaps, but it surely sounds like an exploit
Any player who abuses a game mechanic on purpose for their own gain instead of reporting it makes the game a lot less enjoyable for the rest of us. In the end, it’ll be only hackers vs hackers.

in WvW

Zamiel.2130

Once fine, twice in 10 seconds no, it has a cooldown of 60 seconds and they used it to get away.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

That’s nothing, I got feared off a cliff by a thief from SoS. Since when can thieves use fear? There was no one else around except him. Also saw a necro yesterday who could use mesmer’s blink.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

That’s nothing, I got feared off a cliff by a thief from SoS. Since when can thieves use fear? There was no one else around except him. Also saw a necro yesterday who could use mesmer’s blink.

Thief has steal ability that steals a skill from target for one time use.. I quite often on my thief have the stolen skill up ready to use especially fear if i am gonna be fighting near a cliff.

So the answer to your question is.. since beta

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

I have a thief, I’m aware that they can steal abilities. If you had read all of what I typed before, there was no one else around except him. I was on my ele. No possible way he could have gotten fear from anything to use it against me. And he had already used steal from me during the fight. so he definitely didn’t have a fear saved up from before.

in WvW

Lurch.9517

I have a thief, I’m aware that they can steal abilities. If you had read all of what I typed before, there was no one else around except him. I was on my ele. No possible way he could have gotten fear from anything to use it against me. And he had already used steal from me during the fight. so he definitely didn’t have a fear saved up from before.

Your question was ‘since when can Thiefs use fear’, so forgive me for assuming that a) you dont have a thief and b) you dont know what your talking about. In what you typed before you did not say that he had already used steal in the fight (assuming you can tell the difference between steal and a thiefs other gap closers).

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Shimdroid.2765

Shimdroid.2765

Something wierd happened to me yesterday in EB: I was facing an engineer (don’t know if from green or blue server, can’t remember atm) and suddendly I dropped from 7k to dead without passing from downstate. Don’t know if it’s a bug or this “instagib” hack someone is saying, but it’s definetly worth looking into it. Oh, and despite not being outmanned, my armor didn’t take any damage from death, just like when you fall down a cliff.

in WvW

Lurch.9517

having a topic about hacking and exploits is kind of pointless due to the amount of bugs and lag in the game compounded by a horrendous amount of player ignorance. its far better just to make a report to anet when you see or experience something. They will not do anything about it but then, they will do nothing about it if you post here except give you a ban if you give too good evidence.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Dukenikum.3982

Dukenikum.3982

Just fought a hacker in WvW i think its a Mesmer.

Video Proof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHsDvjb30Ig

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

I saw 5 speed hackers in WvW Borders for the last week. It makes me sad that we still have this (cough) in GuildWars2.

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Is that Superman mode?

Maybe he was launched from a treb.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I’ve seen people jump over walls too and get inside towers. without having to break down walls or doors. A lot of people seem to like using some sort of teleport hack. there also seems to be some sort of instant death thing as well. I got hit by something when I was fighting someone, instant death. Not even downed, dead completely. and no I hadn’t been downed previously, cuz I know you instantly die if you’d been downed multiple times. Just hit and instantly dead. Didn’t even show anything unusual in the combat log, just the pitiful amount of damage they had been doing to me previously and I know I sure as hell didn’t instantly die from a few minor hits dealing less than 1k damage. I should just start running around with something recording constantly so I can have proof of all the underhanded crap I see.

This one has happened to me ALOT, I cannot prove it, but I dismissed it at first, it kept happening so I started to take notice and try to replicate it.

there is some explosion that doesn’t show any damage on the screen or on the combat log. I think i’ve narrowed it down to when I attack and hit the enemy BAM explosion dead done and done.

since someone else has mentioned it think ill try and record stuff for awhile and try to understand wtf is going on heh.

Sincerly, Me.