Hiding in Keeps w/ Black Quaggan Tonics...

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Just wondering, but is this cheesy strategy what’s causing the Endless Black Quaggan Tonics to cost 4-5 times more than any other Endless Quaggan Tonic? I’ve noticed several people doing it lately, especially in Garrison, and it is REALLY hard to see their name tag unless you look at them from JUST the right angle… let’s hope this gets fixed somehow.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I hope it doesn’t, I got the tallest charr mesmer ever and I’ve been using the quaggan tonics from orr for months now just to be the same size as an asura when I hide somewhere…

I’m still sad I can’t watch GvG’s in town clothes from threads like these :/

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

Some other options I have used are the kitten forms from the Endless Mystery Cat Tonic and the Endless Plush Griffon Tonic.

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Shhhh! Be quiet, we don’t want ANet to disable tonics from WvW as well!

And if this keeps going we will all soon be just medium size humans with team colors!!!

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Just wondering, but is this cheesy strategy what’s causing the Endless Black Quaggan Tonics to cost 4-5 times more than any other Endless Quaggan Tonic? I’ve noticed several people doing it lately, especially in Garrison, and it is REALLY hard to see their name tag unless you look at them from JUST the right angle… let’s hope this gets fixed somehow.

Yes lets remove these tonics aswell.Just as the ability to use townclothings or any other form of fun in wvw……Honestly, Who cares ? Make a proper sweep and just look better when you do so.

I think a quaggan is still easier to see and catch than 2 thieves and a mesmer hiding.

in WvW

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

how can you hide with a giant red name above your head to the enemy even with a tonic?

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

^^ This. Please don’t nerf quaggan tonics in WVW!

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I haven’t tried it… is the box of chocolates not usable in wvw? the tiny chocolate makes you teenieweeny.

in WvW

Otokomae.9356

how can you hide with a giant red name above your head to the enemy even with a tonic?

There’s a spot near he north inner gate of Garrison where the tonics let you hide, and your Name Tag is only visible from one very specific angle (standing on the bridge nearby). I’ve been standing right next to an enemy mesmer and completely unable to see his tag while someone was telling me that there was a name tag there; if you’re nearby you basically have to just drop AoE blindly and hope for the best.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Why’s it gotta be black quaggan tonics?

in WvW

Otokomae.9356

Eh, people think the Black Quaggan Tonic helps you hide better. It doesn’t. The Green Quaggan Tonics make you bigger, so they don’t work the same, but Pink and Blue also work just fine for hiding. I put “Black Quaggan Tonics” in the topic because those were the Tonics that had a ridiculous rise in price suddenly, going from 1.80 gold to 5 gold in less than an hour yesterday.

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

The black tonic has been more expensive than the others since they first showed up 2 weeks ago. I think people just like them more.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

do you not want to be a little orca quaggan?

i agree with caedmon, learn how to sweep your keeps.

anet, dont penalize mesmers because they are better at hiding than their opponents are at looking for them.

in WvW

Posted by: tthaltra.8657

tthaltra.8657

people keep complaining about quaggan tonic turning people invisibly in WvW….. just hold the control (ctrl) key and it will show you the nametags

in WvW

Otokomae.9356

If they hide correctly, you won’t see their Name Tags unless you stand at just the right angle, Control Key or no. I stood right on top of a mesmer, as described above, with the control key down, in Garrison, and he was completely invisible to me until he finally had to move out of his hiding spot and leave quaggan form to heal up (from constant AoE pressure, since we couldn’t tell where to attack exactly.

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

You might as well ask to ban all asura.

Why’s it gotta be black quaggan tonics?

Because gangsta.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Because black is the rarest color. Of the 9 Endless tonics that dropped for me, Black isn’t one of them. Even with the regular consumable tonics, black is the least plentiful one that’s dropped for me.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

This! Make sure you have names turned on so you can see them. There is no reason to ever have anyone “hiding” unless they are a thief or a mesmer. Names are always visible if they arent stealthed.

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I can confirm that tonics do not prevent people from being seen. It only helps with people who have not learned how to tab when looking for mesmers. Being a small asura, I hid once in Hills Lords room behind one of the pillars. I saw several people look in, but then ran out (my graphics were hidden behind a pillar).

The name tag issue should NEVER be cause to remove tonics in WvW, since the same issue is there for anyone. And it has a really easy solution: hit tab fairly often when searching for mesmers. Even a non-toniced asura hiding in a wall crevice won’t have name tags. Going to remove asura from the game for that? I doubt they’ll ever ban tonics in WvW, as it would cause a lot of outrage. There are a lot of players who like running around occasionally for fun using tonics, quaggan or mystery or dolyak.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Most of my characters are full or near full height Norns. All the ones I run in WvW are the Norns. Except, for this one time I created a tiny Asura Necro for up level day. Wow, a zerg fight was hilariously easy to run around in. They may say the hit box is the same (I don’t believe it entirely) but, the visual size made a difference.

Handin, don’t start with that TC Dolly parade bull kitten. Every time I try to run around I get killed instantly. Where’s the love I ask??? TC has become the “way too serious” server. T1 has been a bad influence on you.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Handin, don’t start with that TC Dolly parade bull kitten. Every time I try to run around I get killed instantly. Where’s the love I ask??? TC has become the “way too serious” server. T1 has been a bad influence on you.

Mostly its from fair weathers and/or transfers who kill tonic’ed players. Many of the longer-time TC guilds still try to not kill players toniced if they’re just having fun…I remember once a TC pug group wiped the dolyak parade I was very sad

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

You might as well ask to ban all asura.

Yes please, ban the Asura, it’s not fair you can’t see them in the zerg surrounded by Norns.

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Otokomae.9356

I can confirm that tonics do not prevent people from being seen. It only helps with people who have not learned how to tab when looking for mesmers. Being a small asura, I hid once in Hills Lords room behind one of the pillars. I saw several people look in, but then ran out (my graphics were hidden behind a pillar).

The name tag issue should NEVER be cause to remove tonics in WvW, since the same issue is there for anyone. And it has a really easy solution: hit tab fairly often when searching for mesmers. Even a non-toniced asura hiding in a wall crevice won’t have name tags. Going to remove asura from the game for that? I doubt they’ll ever ban tonics in WvW, as it would cause a lot of outrage. There are a lot of players who like running around occasionally for fun using tonics, quaggan or mystery or dolyak.

I can confirm that TAB only showed me that an enemy was near enough for their info to show at the top of the screen; it did NOT bring up their name tag despite the fact that I was standing practically on top of them. I repeat, TAB DOES NOT HELP YOU FIND PEOPLE USING THIS 1, VERY SPECIFIC EXPLOIT.

Again, there is NO WHERE in this thread where I advocate banning any tonics from the game, nor banning Asura, as even Asura can’t use this particular exploit. It ONLY works for the Blue, Black, & Pink quaggan tonics for some reason. Honestly, just make those 3 quaggan tonics turn you to the same size as the Green Quaggan Tonic and PROBLEM SOLVED (yes, they are different sizes; spend 1 silver or so to buy all 4 and see for yourself.)

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

I can confirm that TAB only showed me that an enemy was near enough for their info to show at the top of the screen; it did NOT bring up their name tag despite the fact that I was standing practically on top of them. I repeat, TAB DOES NOT HELP YOU FIND PEOPLE USING THIS 1, VERY SPECIFIC EXPLOIT.

Again, there is NO WHERE in this thread where I advocate banning any tonics from the game, nor banning Asura, as even Asura can’t use this particular exploit. It ONLY works for the Blue, Black, & Pink quaggan tonics for some reason. Honestly, just make those 3 quaggan tonics turn you to the same size as the Green Quaggan Tonic and PROBLEM SOLVED (yes, they are different sizes; spend 1 silver or so to buy all 4 and see for yourself.)

People have been using the blue quaggan tonics from Orr for nearly 6 months or more,
how is it a problem now compared to then?

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I don’t think the tonic is the issue, but the spots it can be used in. I’m fairly sure the devs did not have in mind to put spots in WvW where your name tag would not be visible to CTRL or TAB…

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

How people can play without tags always on?

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Uhm, tab and auto attack with a ranged weapon. at some point your attack will track.

Found em.

Really not that hard.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in WvW

Otokomae.9356

Uhm, tab and auto attack with a ranged weapon. at some point your attack will track.

Found em.

Really not that hard.

Did this with a shortbow #1 skill on Thief, it didn’t work. If you can’t see the tag, you won’t know exactly where to so that your shots won’t be obstructed. As mentioned several times above (am I the only person who can scroll up in this thread?) We didn’t start damaging him until we just dropped AoE all over the area (Cluster Bomb, etc). Even then, we could only see the damage numbers pop up, his Name Tag DID NOT become any more visible than it had been until he finally stepped out of quaggan form to Stealth and heal up.

in WvW

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Being able to use tonics is actually brings equality for Mesmers that are hiding. The game was designed so that races are aesthetic only (while we know that fails, hello Snow Leopard), at least it gives Charr/Norn Mesmers a shot so they don’t reroll to Asuran.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in WvW

Otokomae.9356

Just to clarify, AGAIN, the new Quaggan Tonics make you about 1/2 the size of a normal Asura. Spend less than a silver to grab a temporary tonic and try it, you’ll see standing next to any Asura that you are actually a lot smaller.