Is ANet listening or do they just not care?

in WvW

Posted by: Kohz.1534

Kohz.1534

I have played GW2 since Beta. I have completely enjoyed the game up until they started messing around with WvW. I play this game specifically for WvW, the rest of the content is just fluff that I really don’t do. (4.5 level 80 toons, one ranked over 400 with over 54K kills in WvW), so I do (did) enjoy the game. While I realize a lot of people do enjoy it (pve) a lot of die hard WvW players don’t.

First, ArenaNet needs to realize that NO one enjoys being dominated completely by an opposing team let alone by 2 opposing teams. That being said I find it completely crazy that you can not find a way to balance the game either through MAP limits on population for all teams involved, or by controlling what servers play against each other.

Second, Being beat down and facerolled once in a while is actually good, it makes you wonder what you did wrong as a server/team/guild and kitten what can we do differently to change that result. But………..being beat down and face rolled week after week after week will and continue to destroy the game.

Third, As has happened to other MMO games I and others have played and left, being consistently beaten down in a game will indeed cause you to lose players. Its human nature, if you constantly lose, you either quit, or go somewhere where you have numbers, IE: Server transfers. This will (and already has) cause the game to be so far unbalanced for end game content (in regards to WvW) you are most likely going to end up with 4 to 6 Mega servers which will really make the game that much more unstable and unplayable for all players. This is already happening as I know more than one server bought and paid for complete (or selective players of guilds) server transfers, thus leaving the server they left severely depleted and thus DEMORALIZED to the point they are leaving the game. The week before Sept 20th reset my server (its not AR) lost 4 to 6 guilds, they all went to more heavily populated servers either of their own choice or through “Paid” server transfers. Fair? Is this what the developers want and expect to have happen to their game?

Not only does it leave the server undermanned, your first time pve’r that comes to try WvW is totally dominated and crushed they go WTF is this and leave to never come back to WvW. Their main comment is "This is what you guys call fun, or more than likely they turn into “chat trolls” and tell us we all are horrible players for losing so bad. Well that’s just wonderful for server moral. Telling them, but the other team has 75 players and we have 15 to 20 really does no good.

Is this what ArenaNet wants? If so please say so NOW so I can find a game where the developers don’t ruin game play.

Please remember, we paid for a game and thus had a hand in its growth and we should have a say to protect what we originally paid for. As it stands in my opinion (and in others that have LEFT the game) The developers are basically ruining a game by making changes that the game simply can not handle in terms of fairness to all and not just to benefit a “few” mega servers.

Constructive criticism is always welcome and it would be great if anyone working for ArenaNet would respond as all the recent changes are driving players from the game.

More importantly it seems ArenaNet is just not listening. Are you and more importantly do you care?

A not happy owner of GW2, a game that used to be fun to play.

Fire Storm Atu, Elementalist
SoS Guild
Anvil Rock since BETA and not gonna leave!!

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

I’d say from the feedback given by players in certain areas and the complete lack of addressing them…. not listening. The priorities that Anet has are not the ones players have.

I’d say that player feedback adds about .0001 % to decisions made. I’ve pretty much given up on making any new posts here…. what’s the point.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

It’s not that Anet haven’t pay attention to these forums – they clearly have, as evidenced by the fact that they make changes that we’ve requested: e.g. gameplay that rewards multiple groups over monolithic zergs; more opportunities for roamers and small groups; new content in the WvW maps – all things we’ve been asking for.

The problem is Anet’s attention to these forums appears to stop once they’ve got ideas of areas where we want changes.

Once they’ve got a list of possible areas they then ignore anything about the priority or nature of the changes we want in those areas. Instead they pick some items off that list that could involve new content or addtional rewards and go off to develop those according to their own ideas, independent of any wisdom that the forums might have on the subject.

This is why ANet can deliver a poorly thought out WXP system, some map changes a buff we’ve been protesting about for months, and a premature league system while ignoring some of our top complaints (e.g. massive server/match-up imbalance, the broken party system, the stone age commander tags).

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Sounds to me the OP wants even numbered play. Having played WoW for 5++ years which btw has evenly balanced #‘s due to queues, I guarantee you the WoW board still QQ’s daily over Battlegrounds, this after the games been out since 2004.

In other words, Anet can add your ideas to a TEE but knowing the MMO community, the playerbase will find something new to gripe about.

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

It comes down to…. if Anet doesn’t think it’s important then they ignore it or put it aside. They obviously can’t do everything at once, but PvE focus is miles ahead of WvW focus.

The ARE making wvw changes and adding content, but not the stuff that most players feel REALLY needs to be addressed first. Some stuff they haven’t addressed is understandable and some of the stuff is really appalling they haven’t fixed yet.

The complete lack of ability to group and organize in a WvW system where the mechanics require people to group and organize bothers me the most. There are many areas, but that one stands out the most for me.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The main issue is that the feedback added by players are in most cases vastly different and in some cases contradict each other. So who should they listen to?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Well considering the history of Devs doing the exact opposite of what players feedback asks for. Im going with Anet is not only refusining to listen but have chosen to actually combat the players giving feedback for no other reason then they dont agree with it.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Zenguy.6421

The main issue is that the feedback added by players are in most cases vastly different and in some cases contradict each other. So who should they listen to?

Yes, there’s a lot of contradiction and threads never arrive at a consensus on these forums. Which means that if you look to these forums for ready packed solution backed by common agreement you’ll be right out of luck.

But if you read deeper than that you’ll see that the good ideas do shine through as does the overall concensus of the community.

You only have to take a broader view of the WvW forum over the last month or so to for it to be apparent that:

• The Bloodlust buff has been a PR disaster
  • GvG matters to enough people that it needs attention
  • Imbalance between servers and its impact on match-ups is a huge issue
  • The broken party functions and stone age commander system are ongoing issues
  • There is a growing reaction against power creep in WvW
  • The upcoming League is highlighting rather resolving all of the above problems

None of these things are new, they have all been apparent in these forums for a long time.

You asked “So who should they listen to?” Rather than follow a single instrument they need to listen to the symphony overall, because that’s where the bigger movements are played out and where the persistent themes will be heard. If Anet don’t have anyone who can do that for WvW, then they either need to get someone who can or accept that WvW will continue to be a difficult part of GW2.

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

I think part of the problem is resources devoted to WvW. Perhaps they are doing as much as they can with the manpower and resources allocated for WvW. It also comes down to what they do first with those limited resources.

Stop adding NEW content until they fix or tweak the current content. Fix the exploits, broken UI and enhance current features before throwing new content into the mix.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

What bugs me the most is they are pushing ahead with the Bloodlust, the leagues and other changes that nobody really asked for while the ones long promised and seemingly forgotten gather dust. Things such as bugged towers, the totally ridiculous requirements for achievements and the abuse of arrow carts and LoS are still waiting to be addressed. The “invite/whisper?etc.” button does not even work in WvW. Now that should be an easy fix yet is goes ignored.

They would get more mileage by fixing what they currently have and prioritize any future changes. Not just do what some Dev thinks would be exciting such as adding bloodlust which only adds to the weaker servers woes.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

What bugs me the most is they are pushing ahead with the Bloodlust, the leagues and other changes that nobody really asked for

Actually people have repeatedly asked for wins to mean something. People have also asked for more open world objectives in WvW.
Leagues takes care of the first and bloodlust the second.

Sure it might not be in the way some people want it. But it still addresses both of those two wishes.

We also know that they have players in the alpha team (thanks to certain members that can’t respect contracts) which would most likely mean that they take feedback from those as well. And we don’t have a clue about what feedback they give.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

As I understand it WvW has a very small number of programmers and its harder to develop. So if it seems under developed there is good reason.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Yes, there’s a lot of contradiction and threads never arrive at a consensus on these forums. Which means that if you look to these forums for ready packed solution backed by common agreement you’ll be right out of luck.

But if you read deeper than that you’ll see that the good ideas do shine through as does the overall concensus of the community.

You only have to take a broader view of the WvW forum over the last month or so to for it to be apparent that:

• The upcoming League is highlighting rather resolving all of the above problems

None of these things are new, they have all been apparent in these forums for a long time.

You asked “So who should they listen to?” Rather than follow a single instrument they need to listen to the symphony overall, because that’s where the bigger movements are played out and where the persistent themes will be heard. If Anet don’t have anyone who can do that for WvW, then they either need to get someone who can or accept that WvW will continue to be a difficult part of GW2.

That was extremely well stated. Too bad lordkrall won’t believe it and ANet won’t understand it.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Xom.9264

strong post +1

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Some of the problems I really am not sure how they are easily fixed. Some of them like bloodlust thing I think are a bit of a non-issue that they are modifying anyway.

I guess the league is an attempt to stop the movement up to JQ/BG/SoR but at the moment it seems to have made it worse – certainly impacted negatively on the morale of players on other servers and seems to have caused a real crankiness towards those three servers.

I am hoping that the silver/bronze leagues and awards gained from them will look attractive enough compared with the negatives of being on super-stacked servers it might make a difference. I can see Anet considering something fairly drastic though if this doesn’t work and they see it as a continuing issue.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

To the title- The third option: they disagree.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

To the title- they’re not listening and they don’t care. They would rather pursue their own grand delusions then listen to players about what’s not working and what actually needs to be worked on.

As a spectator who mostly doesn’t care anymore, I have to say it’s more fun this way. Like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

No they don’t listen, look at the commander tag, it’s been talk since beta, and yet it is still useless. Just a beacon for people to rally there.

in WvW

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

I wish Devon reads this post, others from the wvw team too of course, but are there any others? Who are the rest of the wvw devs?

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

Statistic says otherwise, obviously. No matter how hard we screamed, other people are still enjoying and playing WvW, and it seems that this number of people is still considered favorable/acceptable by ANET.

They can’t make a really good WvW that makes everyone wants to play it. If everyone suddenly starts to enjoy WvW, the other game aspects will starve, and the so-called balance will be disrupted too. ANET has its own strategy to maintain the revenue.

I pity wvw dev team tho; their hard work is just bashed everywhere in this forum.

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

nope they don’t care. one simple solution was suggested long ago to even out the WvW population/coverage i.e. by lowering the map cap by half.

try it first, and see how it goes, but no, ANET couldn’t be bothered. they only care about the gems people bought to transfer to the already stacked servers….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I pity wvw dev team tho; their hard work is just bashed everywhere in this forum.

What hard work would that be? There’s hardly even any evidence that anyone is in the office.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Zenguy.6421

That’s not fair, Anet have clearly been working on WvW . . . just not so much on things we want.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Looking at how Anet interprets their metrics I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet interpreted all the PvE’ers karma training during awful mismatches as WvW doing well.

As evidence: their recent TA/Forward Up debacle… “TAkittenis the least run dungeon in TA, so let’s get rid of it” — despite the fact that it was least run not because it was a bad dungeon, but because it had serious issues with the final boss.

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

No they don’t listen, look at the commander tag, it’s been talk since beta, and yet it is still useless. Just a beacon for people to rally there.

^this so much this. Something as simple and tweaking and adding on to the commander tag has taken them over a year. Other stuff ppl have asked for such as,

Just to name a few
-Raid interface so we can set up groups of 6-24 for wvw
-Bug fixes to the group invite/kick issue
-Glitches such as the going threw gates ,or wall climbing
-Better report options ingame

It has been well over a year now, and yet we get the same line of text from anet( we r working on it, or we r looking into it).Yet they come up with bloodlust, and leagues and rush them into the game, while there player base begs them not too.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Looking at how Anet interprets their metrics I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet interpreted all the PvE’ers karma training during awful mismatches as WvW doing well.

As evidence: their recent TA/Forward Up debacle… “TAkittenis the least run dungeon in TA, so let’s get rid of it” — despite the fact that it was least run not because it was a bad dungeon, but because it had serious issues with the final boss.

actually, i’m pretty sure you’re correct on that. when dwindling numbers are mentioned, they’re say “not according to our metrics” yet they only thing that’s been on the rise are the karma trains. so basically, anyone that was interested in doing WvW is leaving. anyone interested in doing PvP or GvG is leaving. anyone that wants to farm ascended materials are flooding in and Anet is so out of touch that they pat themselves on the back and think they’re doing a good job. the sad part is, in a couple months when everyone has their ascended weapons, the numbers will plummet and Anet won’t have a clue as to why. they’ll probably credit it to the seasons not being long enough, or some other irrelevant delusion, and continue pouring gasoline onto the bonfire.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Constructive criticism is always welcome and it would be great if anyone working for ArenaNet would respond as all the recent changes are driving players from the game.

More importantly it seems ArenaNet is just not listening. Are you and more importantly do you care?

I think the recent Bloodlust changes to WvW show they DO care. The way it has been implemented, where high pop servers still constantly have the buff, demonstrates that they are impotent when it comes to a fix for imbalanced matchups. Balance is just not possible, which is why they have failed.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I’m sure things like bloodlust and WvW ranks are nice when you’re in the top tiers and have lots of people to play with.

But I think the ultimate issue, and this goes back to what the original poster talks about, is player distribution. The small servers are getting smaller. The game rewards you for playing in higher ranks, not lower ranks. The transfer costs are not at all cheaper on lower ranked servers.

The game has no mechanism to encourage people to spread out among the servers, instead it gives incentives to move up tiers (which for over a year we’ve seen guilds do). That is the number one issue they have to address I believe or there really will be dead servers.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The game has no mechanism to encourage people to spread out among the servers, instead it gives incentives to move up tiers (which for over a year we’ve seen guilds do). That is the number one issue they have to address I believe or there really will be dead servers.

I agree. The reward for coming bottom should be higher than the reward for coming top. Like in American pro-sport, where the bottom team gets the best young player.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Nice overall conclusion. You forgot skill lagg and blobbing though.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Anyone remember the stickied thread “Night Capping and You”?

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

This pretty much says it all. We are still unable to form and manage a single group easily in WvW with the broken UI. Commander and squad system needs to be flexible enough for all guilds and players, public and private options. All this stuff has been mentioned since Beta weekends and….. nothing.

I think Anet does care, they are simply following their own agenda and doing what they think is important. Unfortunately what they feel is important is not what many of us feel is a priority.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Xom.9264

I would bet money you are correct, what they dont understand is losing the hardcore PvP base is a bad thing the PvE and casual folks will follow eventually.

Whats sad is a few months ago I figured GW2 would be my MMO for a long time WvW was fine the GvGs were great and getting high level play with more joining in….. then the signs of all the clear dislike for GvGs from Anet started to slip in… eventually leading to bloodlust.

The guild im in is a GvG/WvW guild all members 25 or so other then one or two have the kites from spending real cash for gems…. All the GvGers I knew from other servers always played a ton. Anet really spit on the most dedicated fan base of WvW the GvGers.

They need a better way to track metrics.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

Honestly, they already have your money, so they don’t really care.

They’ve stated that the forums hardly counts for popular opinion, yet don’t do an ingame survey to validate their statement or forumites.

I can understand the lack of funding if its true about NCSoft getting all of the money from gemstore purchases, but that doesn’t seem realistic. If they are getting all the money from gemstore purchases, they can hire more staff to dedicate to the WvW design and concerns.

It’s not like they provide sustainable PvE content either, and the excuse of a game in it’s infancy is getting old.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

in WvW

Posted by: Chemical Rush.2569

Chemical Rush.2569

Greetings.

My opinions on the matter:
——WvW and sPvP are, at their core, PvP. You get a PvP experience by playing either.
——sPvP eliminates a ton of things that are “poisoning” the WvW experience: it makes the dueling classes easier to handle (thieves and mesmers), if you’re with a team (not random players, but even then not bad) you don’t have as many number issues. Any isssues can be solved by simply finding a better server (which is just a few clicks away). There is always action, even during the “slow” days (like Tuesdays on WvW….slow as fooook), and a slew of other fixes/things that make the game fun.
——sPvP is easier on slower PCs (a big complaint for people who don’t want to be on the top-tier servers; “my PC couldn’t handle the zergs”).
——I’ve found that the best PvPers (in WvW or otherwise) are sPvPers who play regularly (especially when playing with a team of regulars against other teams of regulars). You get to fine tune your build so much that you generally just crush other people skill-wise. And people actually talk to and help each other there, and you can watch good people and check out their builds if they’re beating you and your build.
——sPvP is fun!! I have no idea why more people don’t do it. You are fighting much more often than you do in WvW. It’s an awesome non-stop kill fest with no annoyingly-long travel periods where your goal is to kill two Dolyaks and some NPCs. sPvP keeps you busy and is more exciting. The thrill of victory is nicer, and IMO there is no real “sting of defeat” there; you learn so much when you lose as well. Just an all-around enjoyable experience.

I play WvW a lot too, but you are really missing out on something awesome if you are this upset and are skipping sPvP, especially if you have a group you like to play with. Just get them to try it with you for a month, and you will be excited by life and find love again. FEEL THE GLORY!

And the good thing is, your server can be the smallest, most wretched server in the game and that doesn’t have to affect your sPvP experience. Your entire server can QQ, and you will feel nothing but exaltation and happiness. AND!!! (if that wasn’t enough) you will actually have time to do PvE! There is such an abundance of battle that is available at any time that you don’t feel the need to make it your life. People try to make WvW their full-time job, especially now that the “seasons” have started for WvW. You are doing yourself a huge disservice by falling into the “I have to be there!” trap. You’re wasting your time and your life in that keep that people may or not not show up to, and you’re wasting even more if you get mad that they take the keep anyway even when you’re defending it. Remember those 3 hours you spent defending dolyaks and fully upgrading that keep? Gone in one Golem rush. That is 3 hours you could have spent battling (the fun part of PvP) OR you could have even battled for an hour and then spent 2 hours doing PvE. You get to spend more time enjoying yourself with friends.

Let’s compare:

WvW:
Defend dolyaks for three hours. Gained maybe some herbs/ore, maybe a gold, a little rare PvP here and there, and a lot of boredom, followed by sadness when you see your tenderly-loved keep/tower taken easily by a single golem rush.

sPvP: Battled for an hour straight. Got some good ranking-up done, had fun. Then went and did 2 instances for 2 hours (accounts for travel time and finding groups; you could easily do 4 instances if you already have a group). Got 2-4 gold + drops.

So sPvP you got: Twice the gold, more than twice the epic glory, and none of it relied on where guilds on your server transferred to or did not transfer to, or how big your server is. You also sprout wings and fly IRL, because you are so elated and care-free.

AND!! they give new maps in sPvP more often than they update WvW in any significant way.

PLUSSS you don’t have to give up WvW if you don’t want to. I mainly play WvW at the moment, actually, because I like the guild I am in now and that is what they do (such amusing people), but if I were ever to get annoyed, I feel at peace with my inner self because I know that beautiful, glorious sPvP is just a click away, should I choose to take advantage of it.

If you’re upset with ANet or angry at anything in life, you’ve not yet lived, my friend. Take advantage of the beauty they’ve created in their Zen-like sPvP. Learn how to knock people off of lasers, not get noob-tackled, and you’ll be great and you will FEEL even greater, you soon-to-be mighty warrior of the mists!

Good luck, and good pwnage to you!

LOVE!
PEACE!
CHAR KITTENS!

in WvW

Zenguy.6421

-snip-

Nice overall conclusion. You forgot skill lagg and blobbing though.[/quote]
My bad. (It’s a worrying sign when problems become so ingrained we start to treat them as part of the furniture.)

in WvW

Posted by: incognito.4019

incognito.4019

I have played GW2 since Beta. I have completely enjoyed the game up until they started messing around with WvW. I play this game specifically for WvW, the rest of the content is just fluff that I really don’t do. (4.5 level 80 toons, one ranked over 400 with over 54K kills in WvW), so I do (did) enjoy the game. While I realize a lot of people do enjoy it (pve) a lot of die hard WvW players don’t.

First, ArenaNet needs to realize that NO one enjoys being dominated completely by an opposing team let alone by 2 opposing teams. That being said I find it completely crazy that you can not find a way to balance the game either through MAP limits on population for all teams involved, or by controlling what servers play against each other.

Second, Being beat down and facerolled once in a while is actually good, it makes you wonder what you did wrong as a server/team/guild and kitten what can we do differently to change that result. But………..being beat down and face rolled week after week after week will and continue to destroy the game.

Third, As has happened to other MMO games I and others have played and left, being consistently beaten down in a game will indeed cause you to lose players. Its human nature, if you constantly lose, you either quit, or go somewhere where you have numbers, IE: Server transfers. This will (and already has) cause the game to be so far unbalanced for end game content (in regards to WvW) you are most likely going to end up with 4 to 6 Mega servers which will really make the game that much more unstable and unplayable for all players. This is already happening as I know more than one server bought and paid for complete (or selective players of guilds) server transfers, thus leaving the server they left severely depleted and thus DEMORALIZED to the point they are leaving the game. The week before Sept 20th reset my server (its not AR) lost 4 to 6 guilds, they all went to more heavily populated servers either of their own choice or through “Paid” server transfers. Fair? Is this what the developers want and expect to have happen to their game?

Not only does it leave the server undermanned, your first time pve’r that comes to try WvW is totally dominated and crushed they go WTF is this and leave to never come back to WvW. Their main comment is "This is what you guys call fun, or more than likely they turn into “chat trolls” and tell us we all are horrible players for losing so bad. Well that’s just wonderful for server moral. Telling them, but the other team has 75 players and we have 15 to 20 really does no good.

Is this what ArenaNet wants? If so please say so NOW so I can find a game where the developers don’t ruin game play.

Please remember, we paid for a game and thus had a hand in its growth and we should have a say to protect what we originally paid for. As it stands in my opinion (and in others that have LEFT the game) The developers are basically ruining a game by making changes that the game simply can not handle in terms of fairness to all and not just to benefit a “few” mega servers.

A not happy owner of GW2, a game that used to be fun to play.

They don’t care. Devon Carver or whatever that dev’s name is already admitted this.

in WvW

Posted by: Cogswick.5236

Cogswick.5236

They don’t care. Devon Carver or whatever that dev’s name is already admitted this.

Yep. They care about numbers and reprimand the devs that interact with us over the content they create in an effort to make it better so that we might, you know, like and play this game more.

Dr Niles Crane | [LOD]
#swaguuma pride worldwide

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

They don’t care about what anyone in the forums has to say. Only about their internal metrics.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in WvW

Xom.9264

I look on the bright side, it has to be clear at this point to Anet they have to many like minded devs making all the choices in WvW and there is a disconnect with player expectations.

Mostly likely they will add or rotate some devs into the team for fresh ideas, that’s what smart companies do. Ideally they move a dev that likes GW2 combat and classes like many of the players do and will push for ideas that move towards the simple joy of fighting and does not punish or give huge stat boost to lower or higher population servers…. one that understands the players do not want stat changes based on numbers and how silly the concept is.

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i can tell you why our guild xfered off our old server: it wasn’t because we got rolled on some weeks, it was because despite being very high populated server there was only 2 guilds (us and another) actually doing anything for wvw

entire server did absolutely nothing to support wvw guilds, not to mention we got trolled and laughed at a lot for asking people to join wvw even though entire server was profiting from wvw bonuses

i am sure one can still dig out thread made by our old server asking for some kind of compensation because main wvw force xfered off and they suddenly get completely rolled in wvw and don’t have wvw bonuses

as for devs listening or not: while feedback is important i believe majority of their descisions are based on numbers not forum feedback

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in WvW

Posted by: Fragment.2793

Fragment.2793

Zenguy.6421:

lordkrall.7241:

The Bloodlust buff has been a PR disaster
GvG matters to enough people that it needs attention
Imbalance between servers and its impact on match-ups is a huge issue
The broken party functions and stone age commander system are ongoing issues
There is a growing reaction against power creep in WvW
The upcoming League is highlighting rather resolving all of the above problems

strong post +1

+ 1

in WvW

Posted by: DeckerDontPlay.1639

DeckerDontPlay.1639

Sounds to me the OP wants even numbered play. Having played WoW for 5++ years which btw has evenly balanced #‘s due to queues, I guarantee you the WoW board still QQ’s daily over Battlegrounds, this after the games been out since 2004.

In other words, Anet can add your ideas to a TEE but knowing the MMO community, the playerbase will find something new to gripe about.

This! Omg this a thousand times. The MMO genre is plagued with the same problems generally circulating balance and PVE favoritism.

Sixes – KUM – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Steroid.8317

Steroid.8317

ANet does not have a vision what to do with WvW, they are not hiring the correct personnel for that, and current persons in charge of WvW are way to afraid to do what they have to do in order to make WvW really brilliant concept of a game not presented in the MMO market today.

And their cowardnes will be rewarded sooner or later when PvE players find their next “Dragon to kill”, sPvP is not esport and WvW players have already left the ship, with grief I would add, I really love the game and I don’t want to quit.

Steroid Supraz, Norn Warrior
Gatekeepers of Desolation [GoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

I love your posts, Zenguy and Cactus, always spot on. I`m not agreeing to everything you say, but you always reason with viable arguments properly backed up by facts and/or observations.

Thanks for that, keep it up.

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

WvW is what it is, unless they come up with new maps only the hardcore players will stay and they will all move up to the winning servers. What we are witnessing now in WvW is a sort of general deception, that even with the new bloodlust area nothing really changed. It’s the same thing over and over and rarely does servers of equal force meet on the field. The lower servers are losing their WvW population for that reason.

Not even the promised traps got released, and all we have are the beta traps, one of which is quite uselessly aimed at destroying a class mechanic for 30 seconds.

They should focus on GvG, a gametype that is balanced and worked well in GW1. But they prefer to release a 2 hours dungeon that you are supposed to play over and over for 2 weeks instead of competitive content. This will make them lose customers who will steamroll through it and put the game away for 1 week until the next WvW matchup reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

they are not listening because they are reading !

/joke mode (not game mode ) off

on topic .

i have suggest in an other thread that they must speak first in what changes theya re ready to do to take feedback and thoughts from players. until now i am seeing only suggestions from players ( in suggestion forum ) and i don’t know where the game is going because i see dialogs from players and some times are coming things that already suggested from us and devs delivering them in wrong way

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Is Anet actually listening?
Yes to whatever NCSoft tells them

Does Anet really care?
Only about your $$$$$

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

……

I just LOST my Last Hope

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Does Anet really care?
Only about your $$$$$

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?