JQ 3 easy weeks in schedule, SOR 1 and BG 1?

in WvW

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

This is from last year during the infancy of WvW.

Tiers were set up for a reason and one of them is prevent match-ups like these.

I’d say probably all of JQs battles sans BG and SoR will look similar to these.

I was and still am in one of the server you guys pulverized last year.

One way to prevent JQ from mowing us down is by working together to apply pressure on them. Hopefully we won’t be as “easy” if we Tier 2s worked hand in hand.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

This is from last year during the infancy of WvW.

Tiers were set up for a reason and one of them is prevent match-ups like these.

I’d say probably all of JQs battles sans BG and SoR will look similar to these.

I was and still am in one of the server you guys pulverized last year.

One way to prevent JQ from mowing us down is by working together to apply pressure on them. Hopefully we won’t be as “easy” if we Tier 2s worked hand in hand.

JQ will mow you guys done in SEA. Your NA will probably be a blast. For the record JQ’s SEA can mow down any server, doesn’t matter the tier.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

“Gold League shouldn’t be balanced further because we’re going to lose anyway, even though I entered Gold Leauge to fight outnumbered.”

Makes sense.

If you want balance may I suggest sPvP? WvW is inherently unbalanced,, instead of being whining-baby-whiners about it why not just accept it and play to have fun?

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Yay for fixed matches! Half makes me want to transfer to TC to throw my weight behind them for a win against JQ.

Hopefully whoever goes up against JQ from T2 has the sense to 2v1 that like your mom.

Lol sore loser, Its not enough that you had to ask SoR to 2v1 us, now you are also trying to persuade other servers to doubleteam us as well? hmm hmm hmm

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

JQ and BG 2.1v’d SoR during week for days , its the only reason we lost , it happens once to you and you have to cry like a little baby. Hilariously sad.

The map right now shows no 2v1 , just SoR curbstomping you on every map by themselves.

Anets little baby girl gets three bye weeks in a row next , so dont let it bother you too much.

in WvW

Diehard.1432

JQ and BG 2.1v’d SoR during week for days , its the only reason we lost , it happens once to you and you have to cry like a little baby. Hilariously sad.

The map right now shows no 2v1 , just SoR curbstomping you on every map by themselves.

Anets little baby girl gets three bye weeks in a row next , so dont let it bother you too much.

Lol You must be angry while typing this, check your blood pressure

[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Wrecked and cant recover ^

in WvW

Diehard.1432

^ stomped and cant recover

[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

To be honest, everyone here isn’t giving T2 enough credit when it comes to real fights. Regardless of PPT, some of the best fights I can think of recently were against the likes of TC and MagSwag. After the snoozefest this week (AC vs AC – missed the memo), I’m looking forward to getting back into the open field and fighting! Let’s get ready to rumble, T2!

Ele for Hire

in WvW

Diehard.1432

Its BG and SoR who underestimated them too much. I am sure with the league going on, lots of players from T2 are also pumped up and play wvw.

ps.Where are you angry bull?

[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Shaymus.4795

Shaymus.4795

Last week TC and JQ had some awesome fights together. It was great. TC isn’t scared like SOR. I think we are going to make a montage of SOR zergs running away from JQ zergs in the open field.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

To be honest, everyone here isn’t giving T2 enough credit when it comes to real fights. Regardless of PPT, some of the best fights I can think of recently were against the likes of TC and MagSwag. After the snoozefest this week (AC vs AC – missed the memo), I’m looking forward to getting back into the open field and fighting! Let’s get ready to rumble, T2!

It isn’t the fights that we are complaining about. We know that you can field people during your prime. Your off hours can’t complete though which is why you are easy. We don’t have to stay up to cover our gaps like we do in T1 if we want to win the league, when we fight you guys.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

It isn’t the fights that we are complaining about. We know that you can field people during your prime. Your off hours can’t complete though which is why you are easy. We don’t have to stay up to cover our gaps like we do in T1 if we want to win the league, when we fight you guys.

Sure, when it comes to the off hours, it’s a bit depressing for everyone involved and it affects the peak hours, unfortunately. I’m just glad that despite that, you guys don’t hide out in towers and will actually come into open field. Do people want to win? Sure. How do you win? PPT. However, many of us find WvW fun in the fighting, and you guys are certain to bring it. <3

I didn’t mean to imply anyone in T2 was complaining, by the way! The complaints are coming out of T1 servers who say you guys are pushovers. Sorry if I implied otherwise!

Ele for Hire

in WvW

Posted by: nielscase.6258

nielscase.6258

I doubt that either SoR or BG will have any problems beating JQ this season. It’s funny that JQ starts these QQ threads about these 2v1’s when they participated in this all week with BG against SoR. It’s a strategy and its going to happen. BG did a great job on strategy and politics. Instead of a QQ thread how about you learn from BG and move on.

in WvW

Posted by: The Lethe.2953

The Lethe.2953

I still want a comment from Devon Carter on this one. I hope others comment on this until he does.

in WvW

Diehard.1432

Doesnt matter, the schedule is here to stay, the damage has been done, JQ has been doubleteamed because of the “dodgy” schedule, its too late to change now

[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

JQ is getting 3rd.

BG gained PPT during EU/Ocean timezones both Monday and Tuesday without help from SoR.

Strange that the self proclaimed under-stacked server gained ppt against the 2 stacked servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

… BG did a great job on strategy and politics. Instead of a QQ thread how about you learn from BG and move on.

Hats off to BG. I don’t know what y’all did, but you seemed to have SoR smitten-ed by your manliness and smooth talk. They eagerly agreed to be your bottom kitten this week.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Update:

Despite taking 3rd, JQ still has a lead of 6 points against BG and a lead of 8 points against SOR for league title.

CLARIFICATION: This is a result from the poor planning of ANET with the schedule, and not the fault of JQ at all, nor any of their members specifically.

As for the complaining about ICoa, backdoorbanker is no longer in ICoa, he has been gone for 4 months. There were builds copy and pasted from Choo in our forums, they were old builds at the time, that we never used, and since builds are old every 4 to 6 weeks with patches I’m not sure how this is still an issue.

And I might add, the only reason you found out about that was you had people in our forums as well…

If you still want to complain about ICoa that is of course your right, but try to pick something that has happened within the last six months.

(edited by JaredKincade.9761)

in WvW

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

Hats off to BG. I don’t know what y’all did, but you seemed to have SoR smitten-ed by your manliness and smooth talk. They eagerly agreed to be your bottom kitten this week.

It was nothing BG or SoR started. You may wish to check the title of this thread. BG and SoR focusing JQ was the only rational reaction to aNet’s incomprehensible draw and sullen silence.

How easy do you guys want your individual matchups and S1 to be?

in WvW

Posted by: Carize.8532

Carize.8532

Just as a clarification: Jade Quarry didn’t start this topic thread about unfair scheduling, and didn’t even whine much at first about 2v1. We thought the schedule was screwed up too. BUT:

Hell that’s what WvWvW is ALL ABOUT. You go against the server you think is the most threatening to you, whether that’s because they have most presence on a certain map or because you want to draw them away from somewhere and create a vulnerability.

• Attack their garrison on their home bl and make some of their number go there to defend. Your team grabs SM/Bay?Hills.
  • Attacked in SM, your team turtles up to defend and enemy teams rampage on other bl to take keeps or towers.

THIS IS WvWvW! Stop being self righteous (that goes for BG, SoR AND JQ)

If your opponent 2v1 you, you are respected. At least there are decent fights. They would ignore you if they thought you were scrubs. Instead they fight you and strategize how best to beat you or pin you down so they can get something they want on another map. Isn’t that what war is about? Even a made-up fantasy pixel war with bright shiny swords and magic spells? Some servers have such lame WvWvW experiences that they’re just achievement trading and those players are ruining the experience for all the real WvW players on those servers.

This whole thread was at first about trying to shame JQ into somehow “making” ANet re-do the season schedule (like we could, right?), and when the futility of that approach became apparent certain folks began saying “Well if they’re going to have such an unfair matchup —that they had nothing to do with making, BTW-- then we’re going to blah blah blah whatever to them!!11!”

However wrongheaded the reasoning behind that feeling is….it’s WAR, all are here to try to win it. 2v1 or 1v1v1, it is what it is.

TL;DR: Stop the kittening and whining about unfair matchup or schedule or 2v1…you just make yourselves look petty and childish. GO FIGHT

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi
Jade Quarry since launch then I started wandering the borderlands of Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Grove.2835

Grove.2835

I’m looking forward to matches with T2, I’ve had fun fighting TC when paired together. I hope the ppt coverage gap doesn’t dissuade too many players. Show up and bring your A game, especially during your prime time and it should be fun.
Different play styles and roamers will be a nice change.

in WvW

Posted by: KhaosZen.1076

KhaosZen.1076

Just as a clarification: Jade Quarry didn’t start this topic thread about unfair scheduling, and didn’t even whine much at first about 2v1. We thought the schedule was screwed up too. BUT:

Hell that’s what WvWvW is ALL ABOUT. You go against the server you think is the most threatening to you, whether that’s because they have most presence on a certain map or because you want to draw them away from somewhere and create a vulnerability.

• Attack their garrison on their home bl and make some of their number go there to defend. Your team grabs SM/Bay?Hills.
  • Attacked in SM, your team turtles up to defend and enemy teams rampage on other bl to take keeps or towers.

THIS IS WvWvW! Stop being self righteous (that goes for BG, SoR AND JQ)

If your opponent 2v1 you, you are respected. At least there are decent fights. They would ignore you if they thought you were scrubs. Instead they fight you and strategize how best to beat you or pin you down so they can get something they want on another map. Isn’t that what war is about? Even a made-up fantasy pixel war with bright shiny swords and magic spells? Some servers have such lame WvWvW experiences that they’re just achievement trading and those players are ruining the experience for all the real WvW players on those servers.

This whole thread was at first about trying to shame JQ into somehow “making” ANet re-do the season schedule (like we could, right?), and when the futility of that approach became apparent certain folks began saying “Well if they’re going to have such an unfair matchup —that they had nothing to do with making, BTW-- then we’re going to blah blah blah whatever to them!!11!”

However wrongheaded the reasoning behind that feeling is….it’s WAR, all are here to try to win it. 2v1 or 1v1v1, it is what it is.

TL;DR: Stop the kittening and whining about unfair matchup or schedule or 2v1…you just make yourselves look petty and childish. GO FIGHT

If its so threatening why did you help SoR at bay 2 days ago camping our WP when we spawn and then left without fighting to SoR like a good threatening server?

I have screenshot if you have any doubt about this.
Stop QQing with the double team because you did that with SoR and SoS since i have use of reason.

muddy the waters

in WvW

Posted by: The Lethe.2953

The Lethe.2953

I STILL want a reply from a dev. I’ll settle for, "we will take some lessons from this season and apply them to season 2 in regards to scheduling. "

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I STILL want a reply from a dev. I’ll settle for, "we will take some lessons from this season and apply them to season 2 in regards to scheduling. "

I think Devon said there won’t be a season directly after season 1 ends so most likely this is a “beta” season. I’m sure well see some differences. My hopes is they figure out skill lag and the population imbalances by then. Don’t get me wrong the SoR/BG/JQ battle is great but a 6 way fight to the end would be crazy…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Yeah, most people who have played WvW since launch would not be surprised to hear that this 1st Season is being looked at as an Open Beta, this would actually sum up the overall WvW experience of most players since launch. I mean, orbs, held in Keeps, in a single, specific spot that people could reach by simply dropping down BEHIND THE MAP from their own spawn, running under the floors of the Keep to destroy the orb? The original orb concept always felt like we were still in beta. And does anyone remember when you could simply climb over the door of ANY Tower or Keep in the game and solo the Tower/Keep Lord to ninja cap it? Or how about holding points for an infinite amount of time in stealth?

So yeah, when I really think about it, an unbalanced schedule for the 1st Season of WvW League play doesn’t really seem that bad anymore…

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: mmzn.8201

mmzn.8201

GO FIGHT! for JQ is more GO FIGHT DOORS! hehehe but srsly I think who should be mad at this is JQ at the first place, for 2 reasons:

1 – They will have 3 weeks of nothing …
2 – Their title of first place will always be remembered by this, its stained no matter what.

At the end of the day if you analyze ANET kittened JQ, not SoR or BG, well thats IMHO.

(edited by mmzn.8201)

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

It was nothing BG or SoR started. You may wish to check the title of this thread. BG and SoR focusing JQ was the only rational reaction to aNet’s incomprehensible draw and sullen silence.

How easy do you guys want your individual matchups and S1 to be?

Your use of my quote was taken out of context…I was responding to a BG comment bragging about BG’s use of politics and strategy to win this week.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Guru.1582

Guru.1582

Congrats to JQ, Season 1 champs. Well done, guys!

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

The question is: Why even fight or push to win when a server known for having Anet’s employees playing on is given three easy wins in a tournament. You go to be kidding…right?

EVEN if that was a total random drawing you should have realized that it was going to show an enormous bias and advantage in a Tier that is very competitive and level the playing field.

This makes the whole league experience a farce…not a joke, a farce. Because you (Anet) could have fixed it to avoid giving the impression of favoritism but instead you decided against.

Why? Because the company has a history of not admitting being wrong and it would have been a bigger disaster to admit the mistake instead of what is happening which is going LALALALALA I can t hear you.

Remember that the way you act will influence how your game expands and is funded. As of tonight I have zero incentive to support the company by buying gem cards and will not spend anymore on the game. Also not interested in spending 3 hours a day queueing starring at a screen. You want to fix the skill lag? I think you found the perfect way: Make players not want to play your game. And if it wasn t true someone from Anet would already have commented on this issue…

in WvW

Posted by: vanzan.1250

vanzan.1250

I just did up a quick predictor based on assumptions in this thread and results thus far

Assumptions:
- Last round result will be the same as round 1
- JQ will win all its other matches
- SOR will beat BG in all its 1v1 matches as per current round results

I have highlighted in yellow rounds which “could” be different for JQ if this threads assumptions are wrong.

Let me know if I missed anything and I will update.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Leagues (PPT) were supposed to be competitive?

I didn’t think Anet was kidding anyone except themselves.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Monsoon.2589

Not an easy week at all whatsoever…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Decklan.7540

Decklan.7540

Not an easy week at all whatsoever…

Lol Monsoon, no offense to your server, but Blackgate seriously blew it big time in week 1. You are all touting how smart you guys are and how you got 1st, but if you glance at the spreadsheet above you will see why JQ wanted a different outcome in week 1.

JQ wanted this result at the end of week 1: BG 1st, JQ 2nd, SoR 3rd. We knew you guys couldn’t handle SoR in any of your matchups, and handing SoR a 3rd place would of made it tougher for them to take first in league. Instead in all your brilliance you guys decided to hardcore 2v1 JQ after we caught up within 2k points of SoR and pretty much handed SoR league gold.

It’s funny though, because now that BG is losing hard to SoR in week 2, and actual spreadsheets have been posted with actual matchup results math, most people on BG have finally realized how badly they screwed up. SoR took you guys for a huge ride.

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I love that we continue to add more RNG elements to GW2. It makes the game very dynamic, fair, and mysterious. RNG is so great, it’s the best. I wish we had more of it. I wish IRL had more RNG.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Monsoon.2589

Lol Monsoon, no offense to your server, but Blackgate seriously blew it big time in week 1. You are all touting how smart you guys are and how you got 1st, but if you glance at the spreadsheet above you will see why JQ wanted a different outcome in week 1.

The post I made was to show the relevance of the fact which is that JQ HAS it very easy for 3 weeks as shown with the current point difference in their Matchup in just two days. That is all. No claiming any server is better or anything…so please stay on topic.

(edited by Monsoon.2589)

in WvW

Decklan.7540

Dude monsoon I am staying on topic. This entire thread is about jq vs bg vs sor and how the match-ups were determined and theories on victories. I am not harassing or making fun of you in any way, so don’t play that whole “my dad is gonna sue you” card.

In fact, trying to bait another poster into infractions is considered more report worthy then whatever I wrote in my above post.

in WvW

Monsoon.2589

Once again, the discussion is about JQ having 3 easy weeks thanks to Anet… what is your point? For the thread about the 3 servers you can post in the matchup forum.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

To be fair, it looks like SoR has an easy 3 weeks as well. They aren’t blowing out the match, but they don’t appear to be struggling to hold off BG. It looks like the JQ/BG/TC match two weeks ago.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Decklan.7540

I am staying on topic. I am stating what JQ wanted when we saw the matchups for season 1, and since this thread is technically about the server matchups in season 1, I am very much on topic. We wanted a victory for BG in week 1, a 2nd place for us, and a 3rd for SoR. That way week seven would be competitive. As it stands now though, threads like this galvanize hardcore animosity towards JQ against something we had no control over, and SoR played that into their favor and guaranteed themselves a season 1 gold.

Finally, I politely ask you to please stop trying to moderate threads. Allow the moderators to pass their own judgement on what is on and off topic.

I will now quote the forum rules for you:

“If you wish to report a post, use the Report Post button located on the post in question. Please, do not create a new forum thread linking to posts or threads that you feel should be moderated. Reported posts will be reviewed by the moderator staff and addressed as necessary.”

If you think I am off-topic please report my posts instead of violating one of the forum codes of conduct and posting about it in a thread.

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

So I’m guessing that since all you BG and SoR pundits have already proclaimed us the winners of season 1 there is no need to continue playing…right?

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

So I’m guessing that since all you BG and SoR pundits have already proclaimed us the winners of season 1 there is no need to continue playing…right?

No. We enjoy the fights.

A fair Season 1 chance to win overall would be appreciated, but not essential to us – well to SoR as it appears that they have a distinct coverage advantage over BG.

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

3 words. just play the frigging game.
oops. make that 5.

and doesn’t hurt to have a little fun while doing the above. : )))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Zhonnika,

Don’t put BG out of the picture. They are a genuine T1 server and they have always came back with a vengeance. With Cuddlepie and Karp leading for OCX/SEA they may very well have a strong push later.

FW

To be fair, it looks like SoR has an easy 3 weeks as well. They aren’t blowing out the match, but they don’t appear to be struggling to hold off BG. It looks like the JQ/BG/TC match two weeks ago.

[SoX] – JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Frayta.4816

Frayta.4816

While I understand the cumulative point total is ultimately the deciding factor to the winner of the league, I find it extremely questionable that some of you are declaring war on JQ’s lax weeks, when your also predicting we will beat you in the 1v1 weeks.

If we do beat you on these next weeks- then ultimately the victory is ours- and the league serves its purpose. It weights the strength of the server in a multitude of match ups. We got third first week, but if we placed first in a unique matchup against every other server- does that not mean we won fairly?

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

I find this whole discussion obnoxious.

Perhaps…maybe…the problem is that JQ BG and SoR are so stacked that they just assume they will win over the number four ranked server TC?

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

First, it is funny that JQ was basically given the win as a result of the schedule. What’s the most of the league when it was scheduled that way?

Second, ANET should have listened to the forums. 1-3 should have been by themselves for this league. 4-9 or 4-12 should have been together. The best matchups of SoS, Mag, FA, and SBI cannot even happen right now. I understand why ANET wanted the league, but at least make it competitive. Right now it is not.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I do wonder for next week…. if Mag and TC were to align, could one of them beat JQ?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Probably not, no. Neither server has enough off-hours coverage to be an impact.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I do wonder for next week…. if Mag and TC were to align, could one of them beat JQ?

JQ SEA had 4 map queues before leagues even started. Last I heard a couple more oceanic and sea guilds from BG transferred there as well. It’s gotta be boring to be on JQ side for the next 3 weeks during that time zone.