Jade Quarry, Sanctum of Rall or Blackgate?

in WvW

Posted by: RussNazz.4728

RussNazz.4728

Hello everyone,
I am currently in the Isle of Janthir server and mostly doing WvW. It’s my life. Since I started and bought this game about 1 month ago I decided to go with IoJ because it seemed like a good server. As time went by and doing WvW and other activities, such as dungeons and Fractals, I’ve noticed that IoJ is really not that populated, which is why I am asking which of the top tier servers I should transfer to in your opinion. I would like to have a ton of people to play with in WvW and PvE as well.
Thank you

Edit: After seeing all the posts, I am currently thinking about SoR, since I checked out their community website and it seems well organized, as well as many daily events that are held.

~Blackgate~
Leader of The Royal Circle[CIRC]
Gerlik-80 Theif

(edited by RussNazz.4728)

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

PvE can be done from any server to any server via guesting.

As far as WvW, all 3 servers are active at pretty much all the time. They all have good communities I would imagine. Being on SoR I like it and always enjoy fighting BG/jq in the matches. Any of the top 3 will work tbh.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: FirstInfantry.2795

FirstInfantry.2795

I’ve never been on those servers, although I know a couple from there, I’ve been told that all 3 servers are pretty much lag battles and day long ques how true is this?

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

I’ve never been on those servers, although I know a couple from there, I’ve been told that all 3 servers are pretty much lag battles and day long ques how true is this?

All lies. RARELY are there any skill lag unless all three servers are fighting with map zergs. Also the queues are not as bad as everyone thinks. If you want a recommendation, Jade Quarry would be best.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

Omnitek.3876

It isn’t. Queues are nothing Outside of reset night. Sometimes you hit 15 mins on EB or less than 5 on the BLs.

As far as skill lag, any 2 map zergs fighting can cause that on any server. Sure, with more people you see it more often in T1, but it honestly isn’t as bad as the old HoD glory days.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Contrary to popular belief, there are some differences between the three big servers. My opinion could be wrong here since I don’t zerg, but here is how I have seen T1 play out over the last 10 months.

Blackgate and JQ have smaller guilds which sometimes run separately, and sometimes run together to create a massive blob. SoR tends to run one blob more often. This might vary depending on timezone, so what I’ve seen mostly applies to NA. Running in a smaller group might sound appealing until you get run over by a 40 man zerg a few times, so each has it’s merits.

SoR is arguably the most competitive server, with Blackgate in close second. JQ is competitive too, but they don’t seem to be all about winning in T1.

BG by far has the better smaller roaming guilds, although SoR is starting to pick it up a little. JQ is still a bit behind on the small organized roaming front. If you are a roamer looking for fights, join JQ.

With leagues coming up, all three of these servers are getting transfers, so things will probably change a lot soon.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

All lies. RARELY are there any skill lag unless all three servers are fighting with map zergs. Also the queues are not as bad as everyone thinks. If you want a recommendation, Jade Quarry would be best.

What he said. We recently transferred to NA and I’ve got to say skill lag is almost non-existent, compared to what we experienced in EU. Que times depend on timezone you play in, but neither me nor my guildies had any serious trouble with it, and many of us play WvW during all timezones, not just EU prime time. There’s pretty much 24/7 action in t1.

As for server, gotta say BG community is very friendly and welcoming bunch

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

IoJ is very high population and has had some large WvW guilds move to it recently so not sure what you are looking for that IoJ doesn’t already have.

But if you want a change (and want to have some experience in “T1” which everyone should try sometime I suppose) go to world recruitment forum page (where this should be posted anyway). Most servers have a recruitment thread up there.

Guest onto the server and see if you like it.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

Russ check out Tier 1 or Tier 2 servers here:

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

But remember that these servers might have queues during Primetime.

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

They’re all pretty much the same. Make a free trial on each and see which you like more.

in WvW

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

They’re all pretty much the same. Make a free trial on each and see which you like more.

Pretty sure free trials ended on Sunday.

in WvW

Doomdesire.9365

Pretty sure free trials ended on Sunday.

Oh, I see. Well then just pick whichever, you can’t go wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Next time ask those posters what their specs are, starting with the cpu……

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

As someone who has actually played on all 3 servers.

Pve wise:
1. BG
2. JQ
3. SoR

WvW wise
1. SoR
2. JQ
3. BG

The BG pve groups have always been stellar in comparison to JQ and SoR in my eyes. BG is where I got my dungeon master title all those months ago, and even today, when you want to do teq, you get told to head to BG.
SoR on the other hand has been very lackluster to me in terms of PvE. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but I often find myself unable to find other players in maps, or even during world bosses sometimes.
JQ was very middle line. Nothing special, but nothing awful.

For WvW
SoR has been my favorite WvW server out of the 3. The commanders are (generally) fun people. They’re also quite dedicated. Even back at the game release, SoR was the server I recognized as being very much “in it to win it” as it were.

JQ is again the middle line here. I honestly didnt care for the JQ playstyle at the time. I’d come into EB and see someone commanding. And if he was doing serious commanding rather than a karma train, it usually was “take our stuff, take smc if possible. Siege up, repair, and then turtle.” Very rarely did I feel like we were making any solid pushes. It may have been my timezone, it may have been that I was unlucky, but that sort of playstyle just didnt appeal to me.

I rank BG last here, but not because they’re bad at WvW. I was on BG when they were clawing their way up to T1. I just didnt like a lot of the attitudes involved. To me a lot of the BG players came off as very very arrogant. I had issues with the other T1 servers at the time. But there was a lot of the whole “2v1, 2v1!” stuff going on. Not a bad server, but the drama that was surrounding me constantly when I was there put me off it in a pretty big way.

in WvW

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

for WvW i would put JQ on 1st and also if you want easy win.

They currently have the biggest, uncontested night army.

but if u like blobing during Eu / Na. SoR is way to go because map blob is in their blood.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

but if u like blobing during Eu / Na. SoR is way to go because map blob is in their blood.

Yeah well at oceanic/early sea time its the opposite.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Certain servers, like SoR could possibly have guilds that would require you to do an all call for WvW or gkick, but its your decision where to go.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Certain servers, like SoR could possibly have guilds that would require you to do an all call for WvW or gkick, but its your decision where to go.

Why would it be just SOR and not guilds on BG or JQ?

To the OP just echoing the comments about SOR has a fantastic and welcoming WvW community and commanders who do know how to relax occasionally and not take it too seriously.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Doomdesire.9365

We don’t do all calls, but we have more hardcore WvW guilds than PvX guilds. ALL members of the large SoR hardcore WvW guilds are expected to WvW during event times every night, not PvEing or dungeons. Thankfully that’s the reason why there are multiple guilds on SoR, some PvX, some WvW. Find the right one for you.

in WvW

RussNazz.4728

If anyone has any insight on this question as well, please let me know.
Q: Do you think that SoR has a much more active PvE community than IoJ?

~Blackgate~
Gerlik-80 Theif

in WvW

Omnitek.3876

What kind of pve are you taking about?

Dungeons are cross server. Open world? No clue, you can guest to any server you want In NA and check right now if you want. Feel free to do that.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

RussNazz.4728

What kind of pve are you taking about?

Dungeons are cross server. Open world? No clue, you can guest to any server you want In NA and check right now if you want. Feel free to do that.

Open World, World Bosses and of course Dungeons. I would, but I need to wait 15 hours before I can guest to another server.

~Blackgate~
Gerlik-80 Theif

in WvW

Posted by: Super Wilson.7408

Super Wilson.7408

Bolderbolg is correct when he says that BG has the most small man guilds out there.
I have been on JQ for a loooong time and in Strike Force even longer. We are a large guild that controls the map and has small havoc groups also. I am going to shamelessly promote myself now and say take a look at my youtube channel in my signature if you want to see what its like to small man on JQ. Or just click this link for my first video I recorded over about an hour of game time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_syOEID1nU

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Pve wise:
1. BG
2. JQ
3. SoR

WvW wise
1. SoR
2. JQ
3. BG

This is true of my experience as well.

However it may be important to note that while SoR wins a majority of individual battles, they rarely place first.
So if you’re only interested in winning the matchup, JQ is where to go as I believe they have received a lot of new guilds recently while BG has apparently lost one or more.

It’s a toss-up between the titan of the battlefield or the titans of coverage.

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Brew,

You’re right. The commanders have told us that PPT = coverage and overtime, something that we found unconducive to having a healthy gaming atmosphere. WvWers are encouraged to play on their own time/pace and not worry about coverage. Hence, most guilds and militia are trained in openfield tactics and strats. Of all T1 servers SOR has the least wins vs JQ/BG.

I’ll be honest with you, JQ has the best coverage right now. They even have queues in Asian prime time on all 4 maps, something that BG and SOR do not have the luxury of.

FW

Pve wise:
1. BG
2. JQ
3. SoR

WvW wise
1. SoR
2. JQ
3. BG

This is true of my experience as well.

However it may be important to note that while SoR wins a majority of individual battles, they rarely place first.
So if you’re only interested in winning the matchup, JQ is where to go as I believe they have received a lot of new guilds recently while BG has apparently lost one or more.

It’s a toss-up between the titan of the battlefield or the titans of coverage.

[SoX] – JQ

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Contrary to popular belief, there are some differences between the three big servers. My opinion could be wrong here since I don’t zerg, but here is how I have seen T1 play out over the last 10 months.

Blackgate and JQ have smaller guilds which sometimes run separately, and sometimes run together to create a massive blob. SoR tends to run one blob more often. This might vary depending on timezone, so what I’ve seen mostly applies to NA. Running in a smaller group might sound appealing until you get run over by a 40 man zerg a few times, so each has it’s merits.

SoR is arguably the most competitive server, with Blackgate in close second. JQ is competitive too, but they don’t seem to be all about winning in T1.

BG by far has the better smaller roaming guilds, although SoR is starting to pick it up a little. JQ is still a bit behind on the small organized roaming front. If you are a roamer looking for fights, join JQ.

With leagues coming up, all three of these servers are getting transfers, so things will probably change a lot soon.

If you believe SoR blobs any more than the other 2 servers you’re delusional. BG and JQ blobs just as much if not more.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: nanoages.7693

nanoages.7693

If you want to win now, as a BG member, this time is a hard time for us, we lose couple of good wvw guilds, teams, people and we always outman on every fight.

JQ and SoR had better politics, larger zerg but if you want to fight til the end of time, BG is the option

pictures show more than words

but we wont give up!, if you want a good fight, join us in BG!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I moved around alot during the first ~10 months of WvW from server to server. I did it for the experience in seeing how different servers operate. Each server has its flaws, there is no disputing that. But one thing really stood at for me was the way Blackgate handled themselves in the open field. They are IMO the undisputed strongest PvP server in WvW. But we are in “Tier 1”. Its also true that map politics is not our strong point, but IMO again this is something to be proud of. The WvW in Tier 1 is quite frankly lame where map politics and prearranged 2v1s decide the outcome of the week. BG for a long time has stood against this and I think its something as a server we should be proud of. We will fight against odds as we have done on many occasions and still come out on top. Thats the reason I have settled on Blackgate and will remain there despite my early moving arounds. I know for a fact that I will not be happier anywhere else, because Ive already been there!

in WvW

RussNazz.4728

Okay, now their is people coming from Blackgate and I am currently debating between BG and SoR. Any more opinions and feedback would be appreciated to help me pick a server. Thank you

~Blackgate~
Gerlik-80 Theif

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Okay, now their is people coming from Blackgate and I am currently debating between BG and SoR. Any more opinions and feedback would be appreciated to help me pick a server. Thank you

None of them unless you really do like being in que, skill lag, and blob play. The game has enough people in T1, start filling up T2-T3 starting with the servers with the lowest score.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I’ve been on SoR for 2 months and so far I’ve enjoyed it. I refuse to be a part of any WvW guild (I prefer having freedom to play when I want and with whom I want) but thanks to the open TS many of the large guilds invite you to work with them and participate in strategy..

Please note (and this is probably for BG and JQ) that if you’re not a team/server player then you will most likely be shunned. I wouldn’t say TS is mandatory, but refusing to be in TS doesn’t help your server and in some cases loses battles.

It doesn’t help when you have a 30-man blob and only 20 are in TS while the other 10 serve as rally bots by failing to coordinate and move properly.

For the most part, many of the guilds are drama-free it seems and most are respectable. Once (if) you transfer and get verified, feel free to just pop in the guild channels. You can get an idea of the type of people they are just by listening in.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Russ IoJ has a lot of active players in WvW as for PvE you can guest to any server. I’m not too sure but you might just be the problem….or you just want an excuse to bandwagon. To each their own I guess.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

RussNazz.4728

Russ IoJ has a lot of active players in WvW as for PvE you can guest to any server. I’m not too sure but you might just be the problem….or you just want an excuse to bandwagon. To each their own I guess.

I do understand why you might say this and why you might think this, but this is not the case with me. I am not bandwagoning because I want to be on the server that is top tier or currently winning, my goal is to have a lot of players to interact with and have a conversation with rather than having to spend 30 minutes finding someone.
I would appreciate it if you didn’t try to categorize me.

~Blackgate~
Gerlik-80 Theif

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Bandwagon to whichever T1 server that makes you feel better. I mean, why stay at a mid or lower server when you can be on one of the best zerg servers.

/sarcasm

Enjoy the queue times and lag!

:D

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Bandwagon to whichever T1 server that makes you feel better. I mean, why stay at a mid or lower server when you can be on one of the best zerg servers.

/sarcasm

Enjoy the queue times and lag!

:D

Basically.

Isle of Janthir has a very healthy population to engage with. When the 3 tier 1 servers aren’t matched up together they have the worst and most boring match ups of everyone. At best, their match up isn’t as close as Isle of Janthir’s right now anyway.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: krippler.9826

krippler.9826

If you believe SoR blobs any more than the other 2 servers you’re delusional. BG and JQ blobs just as much if not more.

The stigma is absolutely true. You have not seen blob until you have seen SoR blob. They never send anybody, they send everybody.

in WvW

Posted by: Xeeron.9254

Xeeron.9254

Do not listen to anyone telling you to join this server, or that server. Any difference in server mentality pales in comparison to the mentality of different guilds.

I suggest you look for a guild that fits you style and go to whatever server that guild happens to play on.

Xeeron – Strike Force

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Do not listen to anyone telling you to join this server, or that server. Any difference in server mentality pales in comparison to the mentality of different guilds.

I suggest you look for a guild that fits you style and go to whatever server that guild happens to play on.

I very much agree with this.

Lots of ways to play WvW and you want a guild that will fit in with that. There’s no one way or best or whatever to play. If you wanna do dungeons, fractals, then log into WvW casually when the mood strikes, I’d look more for a PvX guild. If you wanna do pro 5 man groups, there’s guilds for that. If you wanna be in 20 man zerg bustin squads, there’s guilds for that too. All of this is in all tiers.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Boulderbolg.3460

The stigma is absolutely true. You have not seen blob until you have seen SoR blob. They never send anybody, they send everybody.

Yep, when SoR gets serious about blobbing our roaming gameplay can end quickly. Not because we get zerged but because EVERY single player on the map is in that blob. During that time period when CAPS and lulz seemed to stop playing, there were nights when we literally couldn’t find a single SoR player that wasn’t with the zerg.

This was before the Bloodlusts though. CAPS and lulz seem to be coming back, and SoR is adapting well to the new meta of roaming groups making a difference. =)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I’m surprised how well BG is doing according to Millenium, with the loss of Guilds and what not you guys seem to be still holding your own.

in WvW

scootshoot.6583

If you are the stereotype MMO gamer you are gonna want to get on the highest stacked server in terms of coverage so you can attain your goals with as little resistance as possible, if this is your playstyle make a bee line for JQ as at present rate they have coverage that exceeds all others.

However if you want lots of targets and feel you are good enough to make a difference there are options elsewhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Yep, when SoR gets serious about blobbing our roaming gameplay can end quickly. Not because we get zerged but because EVERY single player on the map is in that blob. During that time period when CAPS and lulz seemed to stop playing, there were nights when we literally couldn’t find a single SoR player that wasn’t with the zerg.

This was before the Bloodlusts though. CAPS and lulz seem to be coming back, and SoR is adapting well to the new meta of roaming groups making a difference. =)

don’t act like any other server doesn’t do it either

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

scootshoot.6583

I bet you were that poor solo miner that was freight trained, sorry bro

in WvW

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Oh we are listing stereotypes! BG would rather run away then fight an open field battle and JQ will gladly pay you if your in a guild to transfer so they can have warm bodies on the map when everyone else is sleeping.

Did I do it right?

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Oh we are listing stereotypes! BG would rather run away then fight an open field battle and JQ will gladly pay you if your in a guild to transfer so they can have warm bodies on the map when everyone else is sleeping.

Did I do it right?

You forgot our blob is never more than 2 people. You always outnumber us.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Boulderbolg.3460

Not to the extent that SoR has. If you roamed you would have realized that you can always find small groups to fight against with BG. SoR, not so much (until recently).

in WvW

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Not to the extent that SoR has. If you roamed you would have realized that you can always find small groups to fight against with BG. SoR, not so much (until recently).

Just a note, there is a difference between 1-10 people roaming, 10-25 people ‘zergs’ and the 25+ blob. People need to learn these things. So sorry that when we want to take a garrison SOR has enough coordination to bring the usually 2 ‘zergs’ together to ensure we take it… however that does not imply SOR is simply a blob. Funny that BG and JQ are able to muster those same numbers when trying to take a defended keep/garri. Same goes just because you dont see many tiny party teams running around that it must mean they are in a single blob.

The ignorance of some people in T1 servers is astounding, just like those in lower tiers spouting crap about queue times and skill lag. Funny, you dont play on that tier, Im interested how you know this to be fact.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in WvW

Boulderbolg.3460

Same goes just because you dont see many tiny party teams running around that it must mean they are in a single blob.

The ignorance of some people in T1 servers is astounding, just like those in lower tiers spouting crap about queue times and skill lag. Funny, you dont play on that tier, Im interested how you know this to be fact.

I’ve played on BG in a small roaming guild for the last 10 months. When we are on a Borderland capping every supply camp and don’t see a soul for 15 minutes outside of the zerg, I would say my observations are accurate. SoR zerg players have no idea how active their own server’s roaming guilds are, or how active their opponent’s roaming guilds are for that matter. Same goes to Blackgate and JQ. So unless you are a roamer, you probably shouldn’t comment on roaming in T1. I’ve even had SoR roamers tell me that the SoR community frowned upon roaming guilds prior to BL.

As I’ve said above, SoR is getting more and more roamers. TW is making an effort to roam 5 mans or less, and I’ve seen some 10-15 groups out there too. I’ve almost NEVER seen this from SoR prior to the Bloodlust. So, good for SoR for changing with the meta. We’ve enjoyed the change very much, but the stigma of SoR being the ultimate blobbing server is not completely undeserved.

(edited by Boulderbolg.3460)

in WvW

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Same goes just because you dont see many tiny party teams running around that it must mean they are in a single blob.

I’ve played on BG in a small roaming guild for the last 10 months. When we are on a Borderland capping every supply camp and don’t see a soul for 15 minutes outside of the zerg, I would say my observations are accurate. SoR zerg players have no idea how active their own server’s roaming guilds are, or how active their opponent’s roaming guilds are for that matter. Same goes to Blackgate and JQ. So unless you are a roamer, you probably shouldn’t comment on roaming in T1. I’ve even had SoR roamers tell me that the SoR community frowned upon roaming guilds prior to BL.

As I’ve said above, SoR is getting more and more roamers. TW is making an effort to roam 5 mans or less, and I’ve seen some 10-15 groups out there too. I’ve almost NEVER seen this from SoR prior to the Bloodlust. So, good for SoR for changing with the meta. We’ve enjoyed the change very much, but the stigma of SoR being the ultimate blobbing server is not completely undeserved.

100% accurate…

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in WvW

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Boulderblog is correct, it use to be the case that the only way I could find SoR to fight (being on JQ) would be to make the tedious journey to their north camp and fight PD or some other random scouts sitting on siege back and forth till they would call in the zerg.

Anyways, BG has quite a few organized small man groups that are very competent and a good amount of random solo roamers as well. I would argue that JQ has less organized roaming groups but more random solo roamers.

If your into karma training and zerging and big fights then it doesn’t really matter, all will be a good choice.