Just merge the bottom servers

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

~continued reply because of message length limits~

I see you still think I’m on gold! I have been in bronze for almost two years now. I know what’s good for you better than you do because I have played on several healthy servers that ARE NOT GOLD. The play experience you seek to preserve exists in a better form when the population of your server and the servers around you have more players. You can still play as you desire to, and everyone who wants to have larger scale battles has a better chance of seeing one happen. Roamers keep roaming, zergs zerg each other, and when I log on at 3 in the morning to play, there would be some other people around. How is it better to not have any options of what commander you follow, because there is only one online between all 4 maps (if any)? For that matter, you don’t have any option of what map you are playing on either, because only one has allies.

Our people who have come back from TC (last reset) and other high tier servers tell us there is no roaming. There is no room for anything but zerging. This is more recent that your impression, if you’ve been in bronze for two years. Two years ago versus five days… I’ll take the updated information. And did you know that all of the bronze servers aren’t exactly like ET? We’re not deserted.

For that matter, why did you go to ET in the first place if the server types you want to impose on us were so great?

You know what? Lets turn this right around. Stop imposing your ideals of ‘empty is better’ on me, I want enemies to kill (and allies to kill them with). Stop telling me I need to forget about having a group fight more than once per week (reset), and then only for 2 hours. Stop suggesting a merge creates a 400 player full map lockup.

Stop encouraging the death of bronze servers. You want to play world war alone? Play Civilization. Eredon Terrace’s bottoming out is the ultimate in foreshadowing. Think all the players on EBay/Kaineng/AR are gonna stick around when season 3 is announced and another round of tiered transfers occur?

I think that all the players on Ehmry that were going to leave have left. The ones that are still here after the exodus, when we plummeted to the bottom, are going to stick. I think that of the new blood we have coming into WvW, some of them are going to stick because we have a fun time.

We’re not empty. If you’re empty, then sort it out in your own server and don’t destroy mine and others because you want something that’s available elsewhere. There’s no death happening on my server or, from the sounds of it, DH. Other servers can chime in with their own impressions.

Stop suggesting that what a single server wants is more important than the wants of the servers it would destroy to get it.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

All of that stuff you mentioned in your PS? We do all of that too. Our computers run just fine.

Stay where you are if you’re happy with what you’ve got. Extend the same freedom to us.

The POINT of the PS was to say it isn’t only zerging. Which you’ve deluded yourself into thinking.

The difference is, I can jump in and out of any form of WvW play style whenever I want. You cannot, you have to make do with what appears that night.

And we always have enemy players to engage with. You don’t.

Sorry, which style of play can’t I do? I don’t usually see all four maps being one single colour, so there are enemy players to engage with.

You’ve deluded yourself into thinking we’re bereft of some critically fun aspect of WvW. We’re not.

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Good lord you are stuck up.

That’s ironic. And hypocritical.

Uh oh rimmy went on a wall of text rampage.

Sorry, which style of play can’t I do? I don’t usually see all four maps being one single colour, so there are enemy players to engage with.

You’ve deluded yourself into thinking we’re bereft of some critically fun aspect of WvW. We’re not.

@bolded

- Actually consistently versing enemy players while doing them, not mainly NPC’s.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I just logged off and the bottom 3 servers are fielding tons of people right now. I tried to get a good shot of ET’s zerg but I wasn’t able to catch them all. This is about a 3rd of their group.

On top of that they had 5-10 man roaming groups attacking our camps and our bl was being attacked by another group. Not exactly tumbleweeds.

EoH and Svrn were both on EB… I can say that about all our WvW population right there… That’s somenthing between 40-50 people… If you had brought a, let’s say, 20man group to ETBL we problably would get the outmanned buff up.

Idk where you got the idea of the 5-10man groups taking your camps… Me and a friend were the only ones that didn’t got involved on that SMC mess.
Also you had to KAOS/WAR group constantly harassing our camps with 6-8 people, so how our “5-10man group flipping camps” didn’t dealt with them (All times KAOS got killed was by either Svrn or EoH)? Problably because this said group do not exist.

Besides… Tell me how long this lasted? I play on GMT -3, and I know SMC was flipped around 11pm for me. Svrn logged at midnight, and EoH logged 1hr after… So this zerg lasted what? 3 hours at best? Super fun that I need to log on these exact times to have some WvW experience isn’t? Stop trying to pretend that ET is healthy just because we can field some people at a small period… It is not!

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I just logged off and the bottom 3 servers are fielding tons of people right now. I tried to get a good shot of ET’s zerg but I wasn’t able to catch them all. This is about a 3rd of their group.

On top of that they had 5-10 man roaming groups attacking our camps and our bl was being attacked by another group. Not exactly tumbleweeds.

That’s what, a good day for et?

That’s one of ET’s guilds (svrn) lol, with some pugs. They have at least one other large guild (eoh) and I hear a few others that I haven’t really seen.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

@bolded

- Actually consistently versing enemy players while doing them, not mainly NPC’s.

I seem to kill an awful lot of people with titles beginning with things like “Silver” for someone who mainly fights NPCs.

in WvW

Posted by: Janno.7640

Janno.7640

Just genuinely curious, why are some guys so passionate about merging lower tier servers? Do you pay for the costs of running the servers for Anet?

If not, I don’t understand why you are so determined to make this happen, and insist that higher tiers are the best for everyone. Even after so many people from the lower tiers have been trying to show you otherwise.

Everyone has the option of moving up to a higher tier server if they wanted. But as long as there are people enjoying the lower tiers the way they want, I don’t see why you must impose your opinions and your preferred play style on them. Why not just leave them be? :/

in WvW

Arius.7031

@bolded

I seem to kill an awful lot of people with titles beginning with things like “Silver” for someone who mainly fights NPCs.

Rimmy you’re a noob. We’re just low tier scrubs. We never fight people. Ever. In lower tiers we solo bls all day erry day.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Arius.7031

Just genuinely curious, why are some guys so passionate about merging lower tier servers? Do you pay for the costs of running the servers for Anet?

If not, I don’t understand why you are so determined to make this happen, and insist that higher tiers are the best for everyone. Even after so many people from the lower tiers have been trying to show you otherwise.

Everyone has the option of moving up to a higher tier server if they wanted. But as long as there are people enjoying the lower tiers the way they want, I don’t see why you must impose your opinions and your preferred play style on them. Why not just leave them be? :/

We need the almighty higher tier servers watching over us bronze noobs. Ty for taking care of me gold tier guys. Ty.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Idk where you got the idea of the 5-10man groups taking your camps… Me and a friend were the only ones that didn’t got involved on that SMC mess.
Also you had to KAOS/WAR group constantly harassing our camps with 6-8 people, so how our “5-10man group flipping camps” didn’t dealt with them (All times KAOS got killed was by either Svrn or EoH)? Problably because this said group do not exist.

No it’s because those 5-10 man groups were getting wiped by half their number. I was seeing a lot of random guild tags that I’m assuming were PvE players because they were going down so easy. My guess is now that the god awful season is over, and because they haven’t added any new living world garbage, we are seeing some more people checking out WvW.

From what you are saying it sounds like you field your biggest groups the same time we do. So how would merging us help? We would just have a bigger blob at peak times… hooray.. sounds fun..

If you people really want to advocate a merge maybe you should be asking for euro servers to be merged with ours. At least then the coverage would be spread out. Although I am sure they would likely feel the same way about merging that most of us in the lower tiers do.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

~continued reply because of message length limits~

I see you still think I’m on gold! I have been in bronze for almost two years now. I know what’s good for you better than you do because I have played on several healthy servers that ARE NOT GOLD. The play experience you seek to preserve exists in a better form when the population of your server and the servers around you have more players. You can still play as you desire to, and everyone who wants to have larger scale battles has a better chance of seeing one happen. Roamers keep roaming, zergs zerg each other, and when I log on at 3 in the morning to play, there would be some other people around. How is it better to not have any options of what commander you follow, because there is only one online between all 4 maps (if any)? For that matter, you don’t have any option of what map you are playing on either, because only one has allies.

Our people who have come back from TC (last reset) and other high tier servers tell us there is no roaming. There is no room for anything but zerging. This is more recent that your impression, if you’ve been in bronze for two years. Two years ago versus five days… I’ll take the updated information. And did you know that all of the bronze servers aren’t exactly like ET? We’re not deserted.

For that matter, why did you go to ET in the first place if the server types you want to impose on us were so great?

You know what? Lets turn this right around. Stop imposing your ideals of ‘empty is better’ on me, I want enemies to kill (and allies to kill them with). Stop telling me I need to forget about having a group fight more than once per week (reset), and then only for 2 hours. Stop suggesting a merge creates a 400 player full map lockup.

Stop encouraging the death of bronze servers. You want to play world war alone? Play Civilization. Eredon Terrace’s bottoming out is the ultimate in foreshadowing. Think all the players on EBay/Kaineng/AR are gonna stick around when season 3 is announced and another round of tiered transfers occur?

I think that all the players on Ehmry that were going to leave have left. The ones that are still here after the exodus, when we plummeted to the bottom, are going to stick. I think that of the new blood we have coming into WvW, some of them are going to stick because we have a fun time.

We’re not empty. If you’re empty, then sort it out in your own server and don’t destroy mine and others because you want something that’s available elsewhere. There’s no death happening on my server or, from the sounds of it, DH. Other servers can chime in with their own impressions.

Stop suggesting that what a single server wants is more important than the wants of the servers it would destroy to get it.

Why not come to t1 for a week or 2. You will find lots of roamers, small guild groups, yes zergs, havoc groups etc. there is more to do in wvw then down in t7. I’ve been down there in lower ranks, I’ve upgraded the whole side of eternal only to lose it to 30 people. No one helped me defend it cause wvw was dead. I left and now I play with people.
This was many many months ago, I don’t wanna see how it is now. Swallow your pride, games dying.

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

@bolded

Rimmy you’re a noob. We’re just low tier scrubs. We never fight people. Ever. In lower tiers we solo bls all day erry day.

Nuh uh! I got a bag from soloing a dolyak once! Dolyaks are people!

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Good question and I’ll give you an honest answer to this.

It’s becaue WvW is not meeting expectations.

WvW was envisioned by most as a 24/7 war. A never ending battle with other players. Armies clashing in open field warfare. Massive sieging of castles while the other team tried to fight you off. And all this would be available whenever you log on because its a world wide game.

And there are not enough people playing the game mode for that to happen when there are 24 NA servers and 27 EU servers. This is a fact.

The underlying issue being talked about here is population and coverage. Its the same as all those other threads and the very first CDI.

So people come up with ways to try to make WvW meet expectations. Some suggestions come in the form of server merges. Some in the form of scoring changes or different ways to make the matchups. Some in the form of 3 Alliances.

And its not going to stop. It’s not malevolent. Its not anyone’s intention to impose anything on anyone (although that is how it some times comes across). As long as population is seen as an issue people will try to come up with ways to fix the problem.

I play in a T3/4 server. And I see that there is a population/coverage issue. It is constantly complained about by lots of people. I don’t want to impose anything on anyone but its just not as fun when you log on and nothing’s going on because of population issues.

And before anyone says, “just transfer if you don’t like it where you are”. Variety is another reason people want to try and come up with solutions instead of just transferring. Having multiple servers with similar populations provides more variety.

Perhaps we need 3 tiers of servers with different population limits on the maps. Low, Medium and High limits. People could gravitate to whichever style they prefer. Although this wouldn’t provide much variety.

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Why not come to t1 for a week or 2. You will find lots of roamers, small guild groups, yes zergs, havoc groups etc. there is more to do in wvw then down in t7. I’ve been down there in lower ranks, I’ve upgraded the whole side of eternal only to lose it to 30 people. No one helped me defend it cause wvw was dead. I left and now I play with people.
This was many many months ago, I don’t wanna see how it is now. Swallow your pride, games dying.

Swallow your own pride – I’m not lacking anything to do where I am. I’m also not in T7, I’m in T8, which by your standards is a barren wasteland. WvW isn’t dead here, but since that’s been said by plenty of people who are actually here and you don’t care to accept that, stay in T1.

ET’s community is having a hard time and that sucks, but it doesn’t reflect on other servers. If the game is actually dying, then you’re more likely to feel it on servers where you require being stuffed to the gills with players – especially bandwagoners. If there are fewer people there, the meta for that kind of play says you’re doing bad, but it doesn’t apply to us.

Where in this thread are the players from Kaineng, Ehmry Bay, Anvil Rock, Sanctum of Rall, Ferguson’s Crossing, Darkhaven, Devona’s Rest and Gate of Madness posting that they want their servers merged? Where are the players on those servers saying there’s nothing to do and nobody to play against?

ET is in a bad place, there’s no denying it. I like Jeknar, and our server has spent a lot of weeks over the past few months playing against them and talking to people in their WvW scene. I get the frustration and the helplessness, and helping them out would be good.

But merging six servers to “help” one isn’t the way to do it. And I don’t notice any of the high tier players in this thread who are so blithely passing judgement on what play is like for us offering to migrate to ET to buff out their numbers, not so they can queue 4/4 maps 24/7, but so that they don’t get rolled in a tier where there’s nowhere left to except up… and that’s not the direction they’re trending.

If measures like these:

Instead of merging, how would you be with the following:

New accounts made on GW2 default to ET as their server. They have a free week to change if they want. That way, people coming on to join friends can go wherever they want, but you get the new people. This would change if you moved out of rank 24.

Cost of transfer is based on server ranking, and dimishes down to free for ONLY rank 24. People transferring at this point are doing so for WvW anyway.

Both of these things, especially the second one, grant you (theoretically) more people, without flooding you and wiping away your server’s WvW culture.

As a third option, which wouldn’t affect only you, perhaps there can be tiers to the outnumbered buff – so that if a server’s representatives on a given map are really out of proportion to their enemies, they’d have a tangible boost to give them more of a chance.

Would something like this do it for you, or is the merger still a better idea for your server?

don’t help, then maybe a variation on the following will.

in WvW

Buffy.9246

I don’t know why you are so kitten about this. Don’t need for long paragraphs since I didn’t even bother to read half. But whatever, have fun fighting the rare zergs servers can pull down there and npcs. I’ll have more fun fighting actually people whenever I want 2.

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

I don’t know why you are so kitten about this. Don’t need for long paragraphs since I didn’t even bother to read half. But whatever, have fun fighting the rare zergs servers can pull down there and npcs. I’ll have more fun fighting actually people whenever I want 2.

Fair enough. Have fun in your giant blobs 1 1 1 1 1ing your way to empyreal fragments.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Why not come to t1 for a week or 2.

Wait… so you are saying that I could just transfer if I stop enjoying WvW on my server!!?
Well kitten I think you just stumbled on to the solution we were looking for, maybe now you can drop this ridiculous debate.

LGN

in WvW

Arius.7031

“Forget evidence, forget understanding what he’s saying, must attack!”

Pretty much what I got from your post. Also, as previously discussed, every server in bronze has a zerg at least 1/2 of the day (during EU and NA), and 1/2 of bronze has a zerg 24/7 (dh/gom/kain/dr, sometimes fc). Admittedly, participation has been dropping with season 2 ending and wildstar launching but it should rise again.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Janno.7640

Good question and I’ll give you an honest answer to this.

It’s becaue WvW is not meeting expectations.

WvW was envisioned by most as a 24/7 war. A never ending battle with other players. Armies clashing in open field warfare. Massive sieging of castles while the other team tried to fight you off. And all this would be available whenever you log on because its a world wide game.

And there are not enough people playing the game mode for that to happen when there are 24 NA servers and 27 EU servers. This is a fact.

The underlying issue being talked about here is population and coverage. Its the same as all those other threads and the very first CDI.

So people come up with ways to try to make WvW meet expectations. Some suggestions come in the form of server merges. Some in the form of scoring changes or different ways to make the matchups. Some in the form of 3 Alliances.

And its not going to stop. It’s not malevolent. Its not anyone’s intention to impose anything on anyone (although that is how it some times comes across). As long as population is seen as an issue people will try to come up with ways to fix the problem.

I play in a T3/4 server. And I see that there is a population/coverage issue. It is constantly complained about by lots of people. I don’t want to impose anything on anyone but its just not as fun when you log on and nothing’s going on because of population issues.

And before anyone says, “just transfer if you don’t like it where you are”. Variety is another reason people want to try and come up with solutions instead of just transferring. Having multiple servers with similar populations provides more variety.

Perhaps we need 3 tiers of servers with different population limits on the maps. Low, Medium and High limits. People could gravitate to whichever style they prefer. Although this wouldn’t provide much variety.

While it’s good to discuss possible solutions for the population problem, this discussion has withered into “My tier is better than your tier!” arguments, and all that is moot because people will always have different preferences. So what if someone likes to fight small scale or ninja a tower with two people? If you don’t find that fun, maybe other people do. If you hate blobbing and zvz, maybe other people enjoy it.

My opinion on it is that merging/dissolving low tier servers isn’t a “fair” idea – there will always be people who like playing in high, medium or low population servers (just like there will always be people who like to RP, PvE etc) and that’s why you’re welcome to transfer to a world with a population that fits your preference. Merging/dissolving low tier servers (that still contain people who are enjoying WvW as is in their tier) for the benefit of those who prefer to play with more population is a bit selfish in my opinion.

(edited by Janno.7640)

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Fair enough. Have fun in your giant blobs 1 1 1 1 1ing your way to empyreal fragments.

Fair enough, play the way you think is fun. That’s your right.
Nobody is transferring down to help you, a very small minority think map hopping in groups of 10, for 20 hours a day is a fun way to play the game. When the 5 people left playing on your server finally decide to quit out of sheer boredom or get tired of fighting against servers of 20 people, maybe you’ll finally come to the realization that there’s too many servers to support the game mode.

1 1 1 1 1 is so much more impressive in tier 8 when you’re the only person on a map solo’ing camps. Who are you impressing when there’s nobody around to see it? NPC’s don’t have feelings.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Nobody is transferring down to help you, a very small minority think map hopping in groups of 10, for 20 hours a day is a fun way to play the game. When the 5 people left playing on your server finally decide to quit out of sheer boredom or get tired of fighting against servers of 20 people, maybe you’ll finally come to the realization that there’s too many servers to support the game mode.

1 1 1 1 1 is so much more impressive in tier 8 when you’re the only person on a map solo’ing camps. Who are you impressing when there’s nobody around to see it? NPC’s don’t have feelings.

Our WvW scene is seeing an increase in population, despite this being the post-season apathy period being felt by some servers and which was noticed after season one.

Is your WvW scene growing right now? Otherwise, it’s dying and should be merged with some other T1 server.

Oh wait, that entire idea is ridiculous. Mirror, reality, QED.

I’m sure that after engineering the season 2 tier 1 end result you’re looking around for your next big project, but look somewhere else, okay?

(edited by Rimmy.9217)

in WvW

Arius.7031

Dude, that’s not what bronze servers are like. Do you realize you’re spouting complete garbage lol? Even ET, the most dead server in NA, can field 40-50 people at times. Darkhaven, for example, almost 24/7 has a 20+ zerg, during sea we have 30+ and a 20+ guild zerg with great frequency… During na, you’re looking at 40-50+, and 2 15+ guild groups, and multiple roaming parties, and a bl defense zerg. Wanna know something funny? We’re a weak server in prime time, and we get those numbers. I know that’s nothing compared to you guys in higher tiers, but it’s enough to guarantee plenty of action if you’re looking for it.

I’ve posted screenshots earlier in this thread about what it’s actually like on my server (darkhaven, which is currently the top t7 server), and I can do so again if needed. But bottom line, this exaggeration needs to stop, only one server in the game is as dead as you describe and only for a portion of the day (oceanic/sea), ET.

We have the zergs if we need them, that’s an option for most bronze servers. The difference is we also have the option for a smaller scale play with very low chance of being interrupted by large zergs/guild groups, you don’t.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Shonie.5297

You sound bitter about 90% of your server transferring to SoS to actually play the game as intended.
Aye aye captain, have fun sinking with your ship.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Shonie.5297

Dude, that’s not what bronze servers are like. Do you realize you’re spouting complete garbage lol? Even ET, the most dead server in NA, can field 40-50 people at times. Darkhaven, for example, almost 24/7 has a 20+ zerg, during sea we have 30+ and a 20+ guild zerg with great frequency… You just don’t know what bronze is like or are lying, idk which. I’ve posted screenshots earlier in this thread about what it’s actually like on my server (darkhaven, which is currently the top t7 server), and I can do so again if needed. But bottom line, this exaggeration needs to stop, only one server in the game is as dead as you describe and only for a portion of the day (oceanic/sea), ET.

You know there’s 4 maps that can hold 80-100 people per server right?
A 20-30 person group running around? Wow, you can almost half-fill 1 out of 4 maps 75% of the day.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

There are on some interesting points of view on display in this thread. As entertaining as I may find the tier rivalry to be, it would be a shame if a moderation pass put an end to this discussion.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Arius.7031

Dude, that’s not what bronze servers are like. Do you realize you’re spouting complete garbage lol? Even ET, the most dead server in NA, can field 40-50 people at times. Darkhaven, for example, almost 24/7 has a 20+ zerg, during sea we have 30+ and a 20+ guild zerg with great frequency… You just don’t know what bronze is like or are lying, idk which. I’ve posted screenshots earlier in this thread about what it’s actually like on my server (darkhaven, which is currently the top t7 server), and I can do so again if needed. But bottom line, this exaggeration needs to stop, only one server in the game is as dead as you describe and only for a portion of the day (oceanic/sea), ET.

A 20-30 person group running around? Wow, you can almost half-fill 1 out of 4 maps 75% of the day.

You know people can only be in 1 map at a time, right? So if you want fights, you only need 1 map to get them. If 3 maps are empty and 1 map has quite a few, you can go to that one map if you want fights. Very simple.

P.S. Like I said, Darkhaven has 24/7 coverage. We only hit less than 20 people during the transition from na to oceanic. So your “75%” comment is just another falsehood you’re spouting.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Arius.7031

There are on some interesting points of view on display in this thread. As entertaining as I may find the tier rivalry to be, it would be a shame if a moderation pass put an end to this discussion.

Join our side officially half pint. You know you want to. Do it. No more being awesome nice person, help me destroy my enemies!

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Shonie.5297

You know people can only be in 1 map at a time, right? So if you want fights, you only need 1 map to get them. If 3 maps are empty and 1 map has quite a few, you can go to that one map if you want fights. Very simple.

Using the argument that you can only be in one map at a time is rather futile.
Three and a half empty maps is the opposite of healthy for a large scale pvp gamemode.
And this is as good as it is going to get.
There are more people leaving the game daily than there are new players to the game.
Which option of these 3 do you feel is best…
1) add more servers to dilute the population even more
2) keep it the same and over time almost every server below tier 3 will be nearly empty at all hours outside of NA prime for a few hours.
3) merge servers and keep the game active in at least a few tiers for as long as possible until the populations get to a point where the game mode is no longer sustainable in any tier.
Obviously nobody in their right mind would agree that adding 3 new servers would make sense. 27 NA servers? wtf Anet?!?!?!
So ask yourself why 24 is a good number? 24 is still wayyyyy too many at this point in the game’s life cycle.
I’m curious why you think 24 is a good number, when there’s no way anyone in their right mind would think adding servers would be healthy.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

@OP

A large part of my server would probably rage-quit the game.

People who are in bronze have EVERY opportunity to leave, and choose to stay. We like it here. If you don’t like bronze, transfer like everyone else who doesn’t like it. Don’t seek to destroy what we like because you don’t like it.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I like having room to fight without bumping into a zerg every few feet. These maps are entirely too small to have a hundred people per server on them.

And which one of you is chocalatebunny or whatever your name is? How bored must you be in your blobfest to be whispering me in game? I wanted to sneak in an hour of play in the middle of the day and I was actively fighting while you were droning on about how dead my server is.

It’s ironic that you felt the need to follow me into the game to call me “kitten” and tell me how boring T8 must be while I had to end up putting you on ignore because I was too busy fighting in WvW.

LGN

in WvW

Shonie.5297

@OP

People who are in bronze have EVERY opportunity to leave, and choose to stay. We like it here. If you don’t like bronze, transfer like everyone else who doesn’t like it. Don’t seek to destroy what we like because you don’t like it.

There’s a lot of things people like that aren’t viable and are therefore discontinued.
I’m sure some people are still upset that Cherry Vanilla Coke was discontinued. Sure, some liked it, but not enough to continue producing it. The same applies to Polaroid cameras, music cassettes, and thousands of other products.
WvW is a product, if not enough people are using it, it will be discontinued.
And you are in the minority of people thinking that having less people in WvW is an enhanced experience.
The majority need to be catered to, and since the majority of people are playing in the top 3 tiers, that is the target group (the argument that Anet doesn’t care at all about WvW is a separate issue). Servers need to be merged to enhance the playability of the game mode across whatever tiers remain and the players that remain. I was in tier 3 a few months ago and it wasn’t really playable outside of NA. Small roaming groups outside of NA prime to cover 4 maps is by nobody’s definition the intent of this game mode.
If it’s that bad in tier 3, I can only imagine how bad tier 8 must be. Especially for people who play outside of NA prime.
WvW is like terminal cancer. It’s all over eventually, it’s just a matter of staying alive as long as possible and enjoying the time you have.
Not merging servers is like drinking gasoline. It isn’t healthy and will probably kill you sooner.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

arKRazor.8654

Well, I will say this. In the event that servers are merged there will still always be a server in last place. If that server remains in last place for any meaningful length of time the same consequences of morale will take effect.

It is greatly demoralizing to enter a match with the belief that attempting to play for PPT will be a taxing, uphill battle for meager rewards, and that what measure of success you find may only place you against stronger opponents. Even if the server in question has twice the players to draw on as ET currently does, there will always be a server that ends up in the situation that ET is in now.

I’ve been that guy, I’ve been the only one sitting in the last upgraded structure on a map fruitlessly firing into a zerg just to show them that they can still bleed, taking a knee in the cap circle as a last act of defiance. It hurts when it feels like you are the last one that cares.

That said, I enjoy bronze tier. I enjoy having room to breathe when I roam with my guild, there may be a zerg in the area, but there’s usually time to find a few enjoyable skirmishes before being displaced or run over. I enjoy that a single guild group can make a large contribution and that a small number of timely reinforcements can really matter. I enjoy our communities, our rivalries, our trolls and our history. I don’t want those things erased or subsumed.

I think what the fellows in the higher tiers want to share with us is the more consistent large scale action. More importantly the ebb and flow of that action being determined by commander decisions/positioning/group comp/discipline rather than having it occasionally default to a check of which server decided it could commit more to the map in question at that particular juncture. There are talented large-scale guild groups and zerg busters down here, but sometimes the opposition can simply map hop to avoid resistance (for a time at least.)

The longer I play this game the more I realize that simple solutions will always be complicated by the players. I’m not really sure there are solutions to be had. At the end of the day players owe it to themselves to enjoy their time with the game, they are free to transfer if they are unhappy. Mergers may assuage coverage gaps or they may exacerbate them but people will still react in the same ways. Bandwagons, ghost ships and blowouts. Somewhere in the middle will be the servers getting to enjoy tense matches with lead changes and upset victories.

(edited by arKRazor.8654)

in WvW

Arius.7031

Using the argument that you can only be in one map at a time is rather futile.
Three and a half empty maps is the opposite of healthy for a large scale pvp gamemode.

But large scale itself does not imply that every map needs to be filled, near the cap, or even POPULATED in order for it to succeed at being large scale. Take Planetside 2 for example, 1 map is 24/7 populated heavily (indar), while the other 2 maps are moderate-low population and occasionally jump up and down in population. That doesn’t mean it fails at being large scale, cus large scale does not imply that every map be in use at all (or any) time.

You need to understand the simple concept that, if I’m getting my large scale action in EB, it doesn’t matter to me if the other 3 BLs are populated or not. It simply does not matter. If eb were the only map with any action ever in bronze (and it’s not), that’d still be large scale PvP with a sufficient number of fights if that’s what you’re looking for.

And this is as good as it is going to get.
There are more people leaving the game daily than there are new players to the game.
Which option of these 3 do you feel is best…
1) add more servers to dilute the population even more
2) keep it the same and over time almost every server below tier 3 will be nearly empty at all hours outside of NA prime for a few hours.
3) merge servers and keep the game active in at least a few tiers for as long as possible until the populations get to a point where the game mode is no longer sustainable in any tier.
Obviously nobody in their right mind would agree that adding 3 new servers would make sense. 27 NA servers? wtf Anet?!?!?!
So ask yourself why 24 is a good number? 24 is still wayyyyy too many at this point in the game’s life cycle.
I’m curious why you think 24 is a good number, when there’s no way anyone in their right mind would think adding servers would be healthy.

4) Find another option e.g.:

1. Transfer changes and incentives. All t8 servers are permanently free as long as they’re in t8. There is no justification for basing transfers off of active accounts on a given server now that PvE is mega server driven. Now we can directly say “this server is struggling in WvW, it doesn’t matter PvE-wise, so it should get more people”. T7 can cost, say, 200 gems, 400 for t6 and so on. This will give incentives to spread people around all servers as opposed to the current stacking of t1-3.

2. Subtle changes as mentioned by other people in this forum (I believe rimmy), such as the lowest population server being the default starting server for players with them having the option to switch if they want to. This will give the newer players who don’t have a reason to go to certain servers a reason to go to servers that need the help.

Etc…

I don’t like 24 personally, though I don’t know if other numbers are better (the only other number I like is 18 personally). That said, it’s not about the number. There are 24 servers already, even if 24 is too many servers, removing/fusing the servers that exist is not something all of us want. In fact, the vast majority of people I talk to in game oppose it, and as you can see the vast majority of low tier players in this thread oppose it. So even if 24 isn’t a good number, we already have 24 servers, you can’t just pretend you can wipe away say 6 servers without consequences. Not all of us want to be forced into some stupid merge that will completely change our wvw experience.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

@OP

There’s a lot of things people like that aren’t viable and are therefore discontinued.
I’m sure some people are still upset that Cherry Vanilla Coke was discontinued. Sure, some liked it, but not enough to continue producing it. The same applies to Polaroid cameras, music cassettes, and thousands of other products.
And you are in the minority of people thinking that having less people in WvW is an enhanced experience.
The majority need to be catered to, and since the majority of people are playing in the top 3 tiers, that is the target group (the argument that Anet doesn’t care at all about WvW is a separate issue). Servers need to be merged to enhance the playability of the game mode across whatever tiers remain and the players that remain. I was in tier 3 a few months ago and it wasn’t really playable outside of NA. Small roaming groups outside of NA prime to cover 4 maps is by nobody’s definition the intent of this game mode.
If it’s that bad in tier 3, I can only imagine how bad tier 8 must be. Especially for people who play outside of NA prime.
WvW is like terminal cancer. It’s all over eventually, it’s just a matter of staying alive as long as possible and enjoying the time you have.
Not merging servers is like drinking gasoline. It isn’t healthy and will probably kill you sooner.

You being ridiculous. The majority are catered to already. The majority are in the top three tiers having fun in the top three tiers. Since when were all of those people magically transported down to the bottom where they cant have fun. Oh, they weren’t? Shocker because that is what it seems like happened based off of all of these silly posts you and a few others have made.

WHY are you all so against us playing where we want to play? You know that we have the option of moving up like you, right? I’ve never been to the top tiers. I don’t care to. The majority of my friends who have been in the top tiers who share MY(again, not yours) style of play didn’t like it and came back down. So what can we decide based off of this evidence? I most likely wont enjoy top tier.

My lack of enjoyment of top tier fighting does not make your enjoyment any less valid. You have fun your way; I will have fun my way. DO NOT tell me how I should enjoy playing this game. We don’t make threads about your choice of game style.

The transfer button is there if you want to bring balance to the tiers and make the bottom more populated. Otherwise stop with this nonsense and lets get back to the game, mmmk?

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Janno.7640

WvW is like terminal cancer.

Much poetic exaggeration. I agree with others that this is ridiculous.

I don’t see how we are all super doomed if we don’t merge the servers.

????

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Why are people still arguing over this ? Its pretty aparent that some people think this is a great idea while others think its a terrible idea. Your not going to change the others mind.

Personally I like the server were on, the people are fun the community is great, if they were to merge servers who knows where we would end up. The potential to be paired with a toxic community or a server full of people you can’t stand for whatever reason is completely possible.

In the grand scheme of things it would be healthier for the game to have less servers with higher population but, it would not be healthy for many of the communities that would be destroyed by this process.

I wouldnt want the population/blob fest that is T1, been there done that. Anywhere from T5 – T3 is the sweet spot imo.

in WvW

Shonie.5297

@OP

You being ridiculous. The majority are catered to already. The majority are in the top three tiers having fun in the top three tiers. Since when were all of those people magically transported down to the bottom where they cant have fun. Oh, they weren’t? Shocker because that is what it seems like happened based off of all of these silly posts you and a few others have made.

WHY are you all so against us playing where we want to play? You know that we have the option of moving up like you, right? I’ve never been to the top tiers. I don’t care to. The majority of my friends who have been in the top tiers who share MY(again, not yours) style of play didn’t like it and came back down. So what can we decide based off of this evidence? I most likely wont enjoy top tier.

My lack of enjoyment of top tier fighting does not make your enjoyment any less valid. You have fun your way; I will have fun my way. DO NOT tell me how I should enjoy playing this game. We don’t make threads about your choice of game style.

The transfer button is there if you want to bring balance to the tiers and make the bottom more populated. Otherwise stop with this nonsense and lets get back to the game, mmmk?

I don’t care about balance. WvW will never be balanced. It’s an impossible dream.
What I care about is having a sustainable gamemode as long as possible. That’s something everyone who still plays can agree on. People leave the game every day/week/month.
The goal is to keep it fun/entertaining for as many people as possible for as long as possible. As numbers drop off across all tiers, even t1… It’s important to keep the top tier players happy since that’s where the vast majority reside. If numbers drop off too much in the top tiers, the game becomes unfun for the majority. Then numbers drop off even quicker since the majority will look to other games to fulfill their love for large scale RvR pvp. The top tiers need to be fed with new players more than the bottom tiers do as players leave the game. Eventually there will be nobody left and the gamemode will die. Before that happens, there will be only 3 servers. Before that happens, there will be something in between 3 and 24.
This is inevitable. The faster t1 dies, the faster the game dies.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I don’t care about balance. WvW will never be balanced. It’s an impossible dream.
What I care about is having a sustainable gamemode as long as possible. That’s something everyone who still plays can agree on. People leave the game every day/week/month.
The goal is to keep it fun/entertaining for as many people as possible for as long as possible. As numbers drop off across all tiers, even t1… It’s important to keep the top tier players happy since that’s where the vast majority reside. If numbers drop off too much in the top tiers, the game becomes unfun for the majority. Then numbers drop off even quicker since the majority will look to other games to fulfill their love for large scale RvR pvp. The top tiers need to be fed with new players more than the bottom tiers do as players leave the game. Eventually there will be nobody left and the gamemode will die. Before that happens, there will be only 3 servers. Before that happens, there will be something in between 3 and 24.

This is even worse that the other trash you’ve written. The people who need zergs WILL KEEP MOVING TO THE ZERGS! I don’t understand how you do not get this. The people who want to play on the big fight style servers will keep moving to them. They are not stuck down in no mans land. That is not how this works. The ability to transfer is there for a reason. Do it! Stop sitting where you don’t like it.

The top tier doesn’t need more people. They’ve been filled out with plenty of people. Based off of your previous arguments the bottom tier needs more people. Stop feeding the top, feed the bottom.

Do you see how silly your arguments are? They make no sense and are clearly wrong. Just stop. If you’re trolling then well done. If you’re serious I think you need to take a break from gw2 and the forums because your view on how this whole system works is terribly unhealthy.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

arKRazor.8654

Distributes health and wellness pamphlets to anyone negatively affected by his wall of text (v1.13 Final) or any others in the thread.

in WvW

Shonie.5297

Why are people still arguing over this ? Its pretty aparent that some people think this is a great idea while others think its a terrible idea. Your not going to change the others mind.

Personally I like the server were on, the people are fun the community is great, if they were to merge servers who knows where we would end up. The potential to be paired with a toxic community or a server full of people you can’t stand for whatever reason is completely possible.

In the grand scheme of things it would be healthier for the game to have less servers with higher population but, it would not be healthy for many of the communities that would be destroyed by this process.

I wouldnt want the population/blob fest that is T1, been there done that. Anywhere from T5 – T3 is the sweet spot imo.

You need to stop thinking that everyone not on your server is a complete tool.
There are good and bad on every server.
And this is the internet, most people are out to ruin your experience in any fashion possible. It’s the goal of the newer generation. I’m assuming it’s mostly anger misdirected at the world the previous generation has left them, and I do agree to an extent, the world is a crappy place… but that’s another discussion…

But your point is equivalent to saying, that you have 5 friends and they’re great friends and it’s an impossibility that you can meet 5 more nice people and have 10 friends. The world outside your small group of 5 friends isn’t actually out to destroy you and although new people may be different, limiting yourself to not experiencing new things is not healthy. The status quo never remains so forever. Embrace change and a better way of doing things.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Shonie.5297

This is even worse that the other trash you’ve written. The people who need zergs WILL KEEP MOVING TO THE ZERGS! I don’t understand how you do not get this. The people who want to play on the big fight style servers will keep moving to them. They are not stuck down in no mans land. That is not how this works. The ability to transfer is there for a reason. Do it! Stop sitting where you don’t like it.

The top tier doesn’t need more people. They’ve been filled out with plenty of people. Based off of your previous arguments the bottom tier needs more people. Stop feeding the top, feed the bottom.

Do you see how silly your arguments are? They make no sense and are clearly wrong. Just stop. If you’re trolling then well done. If you’re serious I think you need to take a break from gw2 and the forums because your view on how this whole system works is terribly unhealthy.

I do agree that bottom tiers need more people, but that isn’t going to happen.
Nobody is going there. You can’t fill a 4 gallon jug when you only have 2 cups of water no matter how hard you try. Especially when the 4 gallon jug is leaking.
What you can do is take multiple cups of water (multiple servers) and fill that one jug as much as possible until eventually there are no cups left and the jug has leaked dry.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

But, as stated multiple times, you can’t force people to play the way you want to. A lot of people transfered to low-population servers because they want to play that way. Leave them alone.

That said, if it’s true that high tier server have no queues most of the time (hardly believable for me, seeing that Dzagonur has EB queue every evening and 1-2 borders on top most of the time), there is nothing to hinder those people unsatisfied with their server to transfer up. ArenaNet makes money with it and the players are happy.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

EU servers have bigger prime time queues because EU prime time only covers a couple of timezones whereas NA prime covers 4 timezones + oceanic and SEA players so people log in incrementally instead of all at once.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

You need to stop thinking that everyone not on your server is a complete tool.
There are good and bad on every server.
And this is the internet, most people are out to ruin your experience in any fashion possible. It’s the goal of the newer generation. I’m assuming it’s mostly anger misdirected at the world the previous generation has left them, and I do agree to an extent, the world is a crappy place… but that’s another discussion…

But your point is equivalent to saying, that you have 5 friends and they’re great friends and it’s an impossibility that you can meet 5 more nice people and have 10 friends. The world outside your small group of 5 friends isn’t actually out to destroy you and although new people may be different, limiting yourself to not experiencing new things is not healthy. The status quo never remains so forever. Embrace change and a better way of doing things.

Mad Much or just arguing because your that guy who has to argue EVERYTHING because your so use to being wrong that if you just argue enough people will think your right ?

I never said everyone on my server is great people, the majority are, I’m sorry if your server has so many tools you feel that all servers are this way.

I’ll also point I out wasn’t arguing for or against the merge, I listed my concern, I also stated for the health of the game merging wouldnt be a bad thing.

Good job at not actually reading the post though, you sir ARE the tool most would like to avoid being paired with.

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Still reading posts saying “have fun mashing 1”, “have fun bobbing”, “have fun zerging”.

Not even remotely accurate, that’s only 10% of what happens in T2. I guess uninformed speculation is a hell of a drug.

The “T8 lifestyle” you’re so desperately trying to defend, pretending that it only exists in T8, happens in T2 as well, and at a much higher quality and frequency, with actual risk that makes it even more fun.

But have fun with your entire 10-20 online players on each server across 4 entire maps, during a 6 hour window each day, and the NPC’s. Occasionally meeting an enemy, occasionally having a non NPC confrontation, PvDing during and outside the 6 hour window, taking what ever scraps come your way that day.

Whilst I’ll enjoy having consistent non stop 1v1’s, 1v2’s, 1v3’s, duels in OS, guild raids, GvG’s, guild scrimmages, small ops play, havoc play, ninja play, 5 man play, zerg play, blob play, whenever I want, wherever I want, however I want, with whoever I want, at any hour of the day that I choose. I can even do all of those things in one day, every day, any day. And the players in T2 are of a much higher skill level in general, since we get to practice against players not NPC’s at a much higher frequency than Tumbleweed8. It’s only logic that having a higher pool of players to verse, at a faster rate, leads to increased skill levels at the top end. Which makes for much more fun roaming and duels. Not to mention the GvG’s and guild scrimmages.

But if you want to practice PvD and PvE and not want to improve at combat, by all means, Tumbleweed8 is perfect.

But if you upgrade your PC, you’ll have a much better quality of play in T2, without zerging or blobbing even once.

I know this post is in vain, but meh. You can lead a PvEr to WvW, but you can’t make it PvP.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Buffy.9246

Games dying.
Merge servers.
End.
Or else gw2 will die sooner by the lack of wvw updates. Bottom tired are boring

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I spoke with some Kaineng players while they were rolling over our stuff (They were actually impressed I was stubborn enough to be alone inside every single tower they went to flip). One of them said “Wow, I always thought Kaineng was the worst server, but your server situation is terrible”.

Now I come to think… Why do the other lower population servers tend to deny that WvW is dead down here? Because of the mere existance of Eredon Terrace! “Hey, we’re bad, but we’re still better than ET, so we’re good right?” People tend to simply ignore it because they belive it won’t happen to their server… Then the burden is left to be carried by ET alone.

But what gonna happen if ET die for good? If everyone that is really unhappy listen to the blind people saying that we should simply transfer out if we’re not happy? If WvW on ET become nothing but a handful of players capping camps and paper towers during NA prime (Old T8 all over again)? The next server in the line will be hit, that’s what is going to happen… There will be no “We’re still better than ET, right?” because there will be no ET. Just a empty server where the other 2 on the same matchup will be fighting over to control the empty towers and keeps. And once the second one dies too, it will hit the next… And the next… And so on…

While I disagree with Shonie in many parts, one thing is true: WvW is dying. And as long people stubbornly belive that empty maps are good, it will die faster.

Instead of merging, how would you be with the following:

New accounts made on GW2 default to ET as their server. They have a free week to change if they want. That way, people coming on to join friends can go wherever they want, but you get the new people. This would change if you moved out of rank 24.

Cost of transfer is based on server ranking, and dimishes down to free for ONLY rank 24. People transferring at this point are doing so for WvW anyway.

Both of these things, especially the second one, grant you (theoretically) more people, without flooding you and wiping away your server’s WvW culture.

As a third option, which wouldn’t affect only you, perhaps there can be tiers to the outnumbered buff – so that if a server’s representatives on a given map are really out of proportion to their enemies, they’d have a tangible boost to give them more of a chance.

Would something like this do it for you, or is the merger still a better idea for your server?

This will problably only delay the innevitable… As soon as the next server in the line start being hit by the symptoms of death, we’ll have 2 servers locked in a never ending circle of swaping who is the last. Unless miraclous the two lower actually get enough people to compete with the top one. But I stopped beliving in miracles long ago….

We could even propose: “Well, how about the two lower servers have free transfer then?” This would problably generate the pre-season 2 effect: “Why will I go to NSP or CD, if I can go to HoD?” and the last server would remain dead.

Everytime free transfers were open, ET was one. But it never worked out…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

So we go from this:

Still reading posts saying “have fun mashing 1”, “have fun bobbing”, “have fun zerging”.

Not even remotely accurate, that’s only 10% of what happens in T2. I guess uninformed speculation is a hell of a drug.

To this:

The “T8 lifestyle” you’re so desperately trying to defend, pretending that it only exists in T8, happens in T2 as well, and at a much higher quality and frequency, with actual risk that makes it even more fun.

But have fun with your entire 10-20 online players on each server across 4 entire maps, during a 6 hour window each day, and the NPC’s. Occasionally meeting an enemy, occasionally having a non NPC confrontation, PvDing during and outside the 6 hour window, taking what ever scraps come your way that day.

Without even a flicker of self-aware irony. I especially like the PvDing part in the same paragraph where we have at most five people per map – because PvDing is somthing that small groups would do but blobby zergs wouldn’t.

I guess uninformed speculation is a hell of a drug.

Followed by this desperate frothing at the mouth attempt to validate:

Whilst I’ll enjoy having consistent non stop 1v1’s, 1v2’s, 1v3’s, duels in OS, guild raids, GvG’s, guild scrimmages, small ops play, havoc play, ninja play, 5 man play, zerg play, blob play, whenever I want, wherever I want, however I want, with whoever I want, at any hour of the day that I choose. I can even do all of those things in one day, every day, any day. And the players in T2 are of a much higher skill level in general, since we get to practice against players not NPC’s at a much higher frequency than Tumbleweed8. It’s only logic that having a higher pool of players to verse, at a faster rate, leads to increased skill levels at the top end. Which makes for much more fun roaming and duels. Not to mention the GvG’s and guild scrimmages.

I bolded out a bit in there for you to reflect on. I doubt it’ll help. You talk about “logic”, but still want to impose a style of play on others who don’t agree with you and don’t want it. You imagine “what it must be like on those servers”, rather than listening to the people who are ON those servers, and then present terribly thought out solutions to problems that don’t exist. I wonder why you’re so threatened by a little diversity in thought.

I know this post is in vain, but meh. You can lead a PvEr to WvW, but you can’t make it PvP.

Your post telling me how terrible my community and preferred method of play is in vain? Fancy that. I want diversity, you want McDonalds. And you are freaking out and looking to remove the option to eat anything but McDonalds.

Waddle along, fatty.

(edited by Rimmy.9217)

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

This will problably only delay the innevitable… As soon as the next server in the line start being hit by the symptoms of death, we’ll have 2 servers locked in a never ending circle of swaping who is the last. Unless miraclous the two lower actually get enough people to compete with the top one. But I stopped beliving in miracles long ago….

If it’s only going to delay the inevitable, then the problem is either bigger or more fundamental than “we want more people – mash servers together” can fix. It will be just a stop-gap that doesn’t fix what’s wrong. So why alienate so many people on those servers that don’t want it? If people are bleeding away from lots of different servers (T1 too, despite their assertion that more = better; BG and JQ used to show as full, but they don’t anymore) then that’s what needs to be dealt with, not some servers trying to prop up their own playstyle at the expense of others.

We could even propose: “Well, how about the two lower servers have free transfer then?” This would problably generate the pre-season 2 effect: “Why will I go to NSP or CD, if I can go to HoD?” and the last server would remain dead.

Everytime free transfers were open, ET was one. But it never worked out…

Did ET generally lose people when a season was announced, or does it bleed people independently of seasons? Or both? Because if it’s in response to seasons, it would be easy enough to only allow transfers down the chain and not up. Or lock them off entirely. People who want a different experience have eight months of the year to decide where they want to be.

I wouldn’t mind having the capital cities, or at least Lion’s Arch, excluded from the megaserver as well. It’s all well and good to be able to mix and mingle with the broader community, but I think we lost something when they removed that interface between WvW and PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

people come, fight for a while... some long, some short, but they inevitably... eventually... leave. i don’t know if it’s independent of seasons, because i haven’t actually been able to play in quite some time, but before i had to stop, there were no seasons yet, so i would say it’s possibly not related... or at least not strongly related.

i was about to say heck, if ya gonna merge us with anyone, merge us with Vabbi and FoW which were the two extreme-low pop EU servers... at least then we may still have low pop, but coverage of different time zones, but i just checked mos and am pleased to discover that Vabbi and FoW have actually moved up off the bottom. maybe someday ET will do the same thing again.

ah well. i will hopefully be returning to GW2 sometime soon... it’s been so long i’ll have to relearn how to play. O.o easy spikes on the fuchsia-haired Asura! ay yi yi. >.<

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET