Last Spot in Gold League

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

I don’t know. Looking at the points and the standings SOS is assured of the 6th place in the golden league. There is no reason to put that in to jeopardy by requesting a 2 week rematch with the other equally strong contenders. I am surely missing something here.

The league doesn’t start till the 18th.

Perhaps I am too much of a PvE’er. I keep thinking about the 27th, Sept dead line. My bad.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

But lets be honest, SoR, BG and JQ are more skilled than any other NA server. (Another reason they need their own league).

They probably have more skilled people AND more bad people, just because they have more people in general. Basic math.

But where do you think all those players on those servers came from? Most certainly didn’t start on those servers. They came from all lower tier servers that were likely being beaten a lot. So were they bad players when they were losing, but good when they came to a high population one? In my experience the players that are the first to bail to a high pop server are often the ones that don’t have a lot of confidence in their own ability and just want to hide behind numbers or go somewhere that is already winning without them.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

I don’t know about the other servers but the players who left SBI for JQ were the most WvW focused ones. A pretty darn effective bunch – I tagged alongside them many times. No surprise they are still leaders in the WvW community there.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Mag and SoS are now 9.8 points apart. It is getting very close.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I don’t know. Looking at the points and the standings SOS is assured of the 6th place in the golden league. There is no reason to put that in to jeopardy by requesting a 2 week rematch with the other equally strong contenders. I am surely missing something here.

Surely TC has not had their transfers so long that they can’t remember just a few short months ago when they still had close matches with FA and DB?

The only time we get a good fight is with those two, and with all of us running for 6th out of server pride, it’s only right that we should have a showdown to fight it out.

I don’t want to get 6th with never facing SBI. Maguuma doesn’t want to coast into 6th simply because they got DB the week they completely fell apart.

Let us have a battle royale and the server that is truly the best can take the prize.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

The general consensus of our server (SoS) is that we will be happy for Mag to get 6th and be steam rolled and curbed stomped and swirlied every week. We don’t want it. We aren’t going to throw matches, but we’re sure as hell happy to let Mag gain points through currently blowing out their weaker opponents this week, to get blown out in future weeks.

We had a nice big talk about it in EB tonight before JQ dominated all 4 maps again.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

To be honest, Mag is probably going to pull ahead of us this week. I don’t see us gaining any more points than we have right now (I think all of ours are being pulled from FA ).

Maguuma is typically a pushover during the weekends and EBay doesn’t play past Sunday; so if they have racked up this much by Monday morning, their decent daytime presence is going to wrack up a huge lead by Friday.

Probably won’t be more than 10 points apart by Friday but they’ll either pull even or slightly ahead.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

To be honest, Mag is probably going to pull ahead of us this week. I don’t see us gaining any more points than we have right now (I think all of ours are being pulled from FA ).

Maguuma is typically a pushover during the weekends and EBay doesn’t play past Sunday; so if they have racked up this much by Monday morning, their decent daytime presence is going to wrack up a huge lead by Friday.

Probably won’t be more than 10 points apart by Friday but they’ll either pull even or slightly ahead.

Mag weekend and oceanic presence grew 2 if not 3 time its usual #.
same ppl just longer playing hours

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

The general consensus of our server (SoS) is that we will be happy for Mag to get 6th and be steam rolled and curbed stomped and swirlied every week. We don’t want it. We aren’t going to throw matches, but we’re sure as hell happy to let Mag gain points through currently blowing out their weaker opponents this week, to get blown out in future weeks.

We had a nice big talk about it in EB tonight before JQ dominated all 4 maps again.

There’s no general consensus. I mean, no one is going to have themselves a good cry if Maguuma gets it; but I know a lot of people who are dreading the weeks of tedium if we end up in Silver.

I personally like to get an easier match after a rough one like this week; and if we end up in 6th we won’t have those breaks. However if we end up in 6th it’s because we are the 6th strongest server and we’ve proved it by beating Maguuma 3 times now.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

7th will be a snoozefest. Magummans are working our kitten off right now to avoid it.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

but I know a lot of people who are dreading the weeks of tedium if we end up in Silver.

I personally like to get an easier match after a rough one like this week; and if we end up in 6th we won’t have those breaks. However if we end up in 6th it’s because we are the 6th strongest server and we’ve proved it by beating Maguuma 3 times now.

100% agree.

This post is a 180 of the one you removed :p

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I know a lot of people who are dreading the weeks of tedium if we end up in Silver.

How would it be different from your past month, not counting your current match-up? SoS is designed to create tedium, not just for themselves but for anyone that plays them.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

But lets be honest, SoR, BG and JQ are more skilled than any other NA server. (Another reason they need their own league).

They probably have more skilled people AND more bad people, just because they have more people in general. Basic math.

But where do you think all those players on those servers came from? Most certainly didn’t start on those servers. They came from all lower tier servers that were likely being beaten a lot. So were they bad players when they were losing, but good when they came to a high population one? In my experience the players that are the first to bail to a high pop server are often the ones that don’t have a lot of confidence in their own ability and just want to hide behind numbers or go somewhere that is already winning without them.

More skilled at what? If you mean skilled at earning PPT, yea sure I can agree with that because they are the few servers that actually work at PPT.

T1 has the largest number of WvW focused guilds. This doesn’t mean that 20 people from random BG guild are better than 20 people from an IoJ guild.

What it means that they have all maps queued with WvW focused players who do nothing but WvW 90% of the time.

Compared that to most T2 and lower servers that can fully man 2-3 borderlands on reset night with 30%-50% casual PuGs.

You are talking about coverage and population, his comment was about skill.

By skill I mean overall skill in WvW and all that entails. In an even numbered matchup between the top 3 servers and any other servers, the top 3 will win because they are more skilled. In a battle for Hills for example, if the sides are even, BG will win more often.

I agree with Chirs’ statement about a random BG and random IoJ guild. However, if you take BG’s top 100 people and queue the map and you take IoJ’s top 100 people and que the map, BG will win.

Regarding where the top servers people came from – they came from other servers. And I completely disagree that they were the bad players. In fact, just the opposite, they were the best players (read PvPers) from those other servers. They went to the top for the fights and competition not simply to win or get rewards.

As earendil mentioned – I’m from SBI too – the people that left SBI in the exodus were the WvW/PvP guilds. They were some of the best at actual PvP that we had. And they are now on all three top servers – BG, SoR and JQ.

The reason I mention this is becaue if other servers (and Anet) think that it is only about population and coverage, they are wrong. And those fighting for a spot in the Gold league will be in for a ruder awakening than they thought if they are not prepared for it.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

but I know a lot of people who are dreading the weeks of tedium if we end up in Silver.

100% agree.

This post is a 180 of the one you removed :p

I re-read your post and realized I had misread you.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

going to JQ after a hiatus because my friends went there = bandwagon jumping.

Lmao, that’s a perfect example of the definition.

I guess you’re just too pretty to understand relocating to your friends after a hiatus. /comfort Locating friends has nothing to do with server status oh pretty one.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

I know a lot of people who are dreading the weeks of tedium if we end up in Silver.

How would it be different from your past month, not counting your current match-up? SoS is designed to create tedium, not just for themselves but for anyone that plays them.

We’re working on the lopsided nature of our coverage and we have had some excellent additions to our community along with some very interesting parties expressing interest.

In regards to Maguuma we now have a much stronger NA and can fight them even better at this time. We haven’t gotten to try out the new SBI, and can’t wait to see how that matchup will play out.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I want gold, but wouldn’t mind staying t3 if it was the old ranking system for sos vs mag vs sbi for a month or so.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

AND the winner is DRAGONBRAND on the winner’s podium of the silver league. Maguma was first out of the runners’ block (stealthy) but Dragonbrand put in a late challenge (stunningly very obvious) over taking Maguma. SOS savvy and strategic as always was pretty much left behind where they normally belong (in the gold league on the last spot).

I don’t get it… Dragonbrand won’t even win silver league, they’re going to lose to sos, ehmry, and sbi.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: divine faithborn.8365

divine faithborn.8365

Does anyone know for a fact when the server leagues are being finalized? There’s a lot of misinformation going around that it’s at the end of this week, and then on the 18th, and then anywhere in betweeen. Does anyone have an explicit date [citation needed] for the server finalization?

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Player Character.9467

Does anyone know for a fact when the server leagues are being finalized? There’s a lot of misinformation going around that it’s at the end of this week, and then on the 18th, and then anywhere in betweeen. Does anyone have an explicit date [citation needed] for the server finalization?

Do we even know that it’ll be by ranks and not use the same system they currently use to roll matchups?

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

divine faithborn.8365

Oh god I hope not, watch as it puts TC in the silver league, whilst simultaneously rolling Mag and Crystal Desert into the gold league. :|

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

More skilled at what? If you mean skilled at earning PPT, yea sure I can agree with that because they are the few servers that actually work at PPT.

T1 has the largest number of WvW focused guilds. This doesn’t mean that 20 people from random BG guild are better than 20 people from an IoJ guild.

What it means that they have all maps queued with WvW focused players who do nothing but WvW 90% of the time.

Compared that to most T2 and lower servers that can fully man 2-3 borderlands on reset night with 30%-50% casual PuGs.

You are talking about coverage and population, his comment was about skill.

By skill I mean overall skill in WvW and all that entails. In an even numbered matchup between the top 3 servers and any other servers, the top 3 will win because they are more skilled. In a battle for Hills for example, if the sides are even, BG will win more often.

I agree with Chirs’ statement about a random BG and random IoJ guild. However, if you take BG’s top 100 people and queue the map and you take IoJ’s top 100 people and que the map, BG will win.

Regarding where the top servers people came from – they came from other servers. And I completely disagree that they were the bad players. In fact, just the opposite, they were the best players (read PvPers) from those other servers. They went to the top for the fights and competition not simply to win or get rewards.

As earendil mentioned – I’m from SBI too – the people that left SBI in the exodus were the WvW/PvP guilds. They were some of the best at actual PvP that we had. And they are now on all three top servers – BG, SoR and JQ.

The reason I mention this is becaue if other servers (and Anet) think that it is only about population and coverage, they are wrong. And those fighting for a spot in the Gold league will be in for a ruder awakening than they thought if they are not prepared for it.

Right, I got it. All this time everyone had it wrong. It wasn’t about population and coverage at all. All good PvP players wanna be in tier 1 because that’s the only place good PvP players are. It should be clear to everyone when bad/lazy/bandwagon people transfer they go everywhere but tier 1.

Gate of Madness

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

Right, I got it. All this time everyone had it wrong. It wasn’t about population and coverage at all. All good PvP players wanna be in tier 1 because that’s the only place good PvP players are. It should be clear to everyone when bad/lazy/bandwagon people transfer they go everywhere but tier 1.

It’s not that and some guilds have enough pride not to rush into that clusterkitten in Tier 1.
However, there is an abundance of guilds in T1 that do nothing but WvW.
Look at your own situation. Do you have presence on all maps? Do you have people who WvW every day and run in groups of 40+?
Do you have queues every day, of people who do nothing but WvW?

It’s not about skill, it’s about effective guilds running in groups vs. mish-mash of PuGs who aren’t on VoiP with the others.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

It’s not that and some guilds have enough pride not to rush into that clusterkitten in Tier 1.
However, there is an abundance of guilds in T1 that do nothing but WvW.
Look at your own situation. Do you have presence on all maps? Do you have people who WvW every day and run in groups of 40+?
Do you have queues every day, of people who do nothing but WvW?

It’s not about skill, it’s about effective guilds running in groups vs. mish-mash of PuGs who aren’t on VoiP with the others.

We have people and guilds who do nothing but WvW every day and run in groups in voice with leaders. Like we’re not banging rocks down here.

What we don’t have are groups of size 40+ (which is fine, it’s not our preferred scale of fights) and we don’t queue every map (heck, right now we couldn’t queue any map). It just means fights are different and we have different tactics for a different meta. We still have the same dedication and seriousness about what we do.

Gate of Madness

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I think everyone of the players should just transfer to the winning server to make that server even stronger and make the queues much longer and then queuing for hours to get the achievements to qualify for rewards.

Will be fun to see this happening. And we all know it will happen – not with all players but with a lof of players. And most people complaining will be from top winning servers about longer queues.

I for myself will stay at my server. Don’t have the money to transfer and I don’t care about some small rewards.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Avariz.8241

AND the winner is DRAGONBRAND on the winner’s podium of the silver league. Maguma was first out of the runners’ block (stealthy) but Dragonbrand put in a late challenge (stunningly very obvious) over taking Maguma. SOS savvy and strategic as always was pretty much left behind where they normally belong (in the gold league on the last spot).

I don’t get it… Dragonbrand won’t even win silver league, they’re going to lose to sos, ehmry, and sbi.

Well, from past performances I know Dragonbrand is a close rank 4 with TC. That is all I know about Dragonbrand as I am not in the server. There are rumours recently contrary but how true they are I don’t know one way or the other. That is my perspective and there hasn’t been any public news to contradict my perception. Well, perhaps if more insiders or people in the know would make some public statement then my view will change more.

P.S. Do you know more that is worth divulging? Please do enlighten me.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Well, from past performances I know Dragonbrand is a close rank 4 with TC. That is all I know about Dragonbrand as I am not in the server. There are rumours recently contrary but how true they are I don’t know one way or the other. That is my perspective and there hasn’t been any public news to contradict my perception. Well, perhaps if more insiders or people in the know would make some public statement then my view will change more.

actually dragonbrad is trying to avoid gold league. and they did lose a bunch of guilds to t1. but who can blame them? heck i wish fa could move to t3 to avoid the gold league. we are sitting on 10ppt atm and sos same. jq is even spawncamping us because they are bored. this for 7 weeks is a disaster.
i wont leave my server for t1 ever. i love my server and kudos to all the db that stick to their server. i wish none to be matched up with jq or sor at. its ridiculous what u see out there.
i think u beat 40 players and then another 30 show up behind them. then u switch bl and u see the same thing u switch again and another 70man zerg waiting for u to attack something.
jq had 3 wp in our bl, so our only way out was a 40 omega golem rush…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Avariz.8241

actually dragonbrad is trying to avoid gold league. and they did lose a bunch of guilds to t1. but who can blame them? heck i wish fa could move to t3 to avoid the gold league. we are sitting on 10ppt atm and sos same. jq is even spawncamping us because they are bored. this for 7 weeks is a disaster.
i wont leave my server for t1 ever. i love my server and kudos to all the db that stick to their server. i wish none to be matched up with jq or sor at. its ridiculous what u see out there.
i think u beat 40 players and then another 30 show up behind them. then u switch bl and u see the same thing u switch again and another 70man zerg waiting for u to attack something.

Thank you for your attempt, sir, but as I believe you are not an insider or participant of the Dragonbrand server like myself then your well intended input is just a general rumour floating around and not a direct source. But well put nonetheless.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: thel.5423

thel.5423

I would be thrilled if we got 1 or 2 matchups against Mag and SoS to determine who got 6th. I personally would rather be in 6th than 7/8/9 since at least every week there will be fights. Plus we would actually see which new transfers are actually with us for the long run.

Thel – SBI – [AB/iDB]

(edited by thel.5423)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

You are all too late, Anvil Rock already stole the spot to place in Gold.

Thanks for playing though!

/sarcasm

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

Please keep in mind, that with all things going on, a league run will only be 7 weeks no matter where SOS ends up. We decided to go t4 back then and got stuck in it for a far longer time. It did not improve gameplay. Going against higher server gives some people opportunities to improve (certainly my trebbing practices have been heaven with a jq zerg every 30 mins on the gate) but most people dont want to tbh.
As i see it if we go up aussie pt will be happy, if we go down na pt will be happy.

In the end, even if i sometimes kitten on some of the arguements some commanders bring forward on justifying the karma train, i have basically given up on some things including guilds. I am not sure if more guilds will improve sos. Maybe.
I wish our na good luck on it since some have talked about orgainsation and working together…something i think i have argued for in the past. But i have yet to see the roamers/pugs/guilds/scouts work together. And despite always having been with defense I have yet to see a commander reach out to us or to any of the small old guilds that have always been on sos but are never mentioned. It`s funny and sad when at the same time you read commander complaints about the lack of scouts.

Well, i dont like mags (and that evil morning train i get to fight every time)but it seems they just have more of a “we” feeling. If they get in, i wish them a good internet connection and a lot less lag than I have with jq atm.

Bottom line: let the random roll luck decide.

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

selan.8354

Thank you for your attempt, sir, but as I believe you are not an insider or participant of the Dragonbrand server like myself then your well intended input is just a general rumour floating around and not a direct source. But well put nonetheless.

not a sir ;-). but yeah its a rumor, but honestly i wouldnt blame them if they were trying to avoid gold league.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

Please keep in mind, that with all things going on, a league run will only be 7 weeks no matter where SOS ends up. We decided to go t4 back then and got stuck in it for a far longer time. It did not improve gameplay. Going against higher server gives some people opportunities to improve (certainly my trebbing practices have been heaven with a jq zerg every 30 mins on the gate) but most people dont want to tbh.
As i see it if we go up aussie pt will be happy, if we go down na pt will be happy.

In the end, even if i sometimes kitten on some of the arguements some commanders bring forward on justifying the karma train, i have basically given up on some things including guilds. I am not sure if more guilds will improve sos. Maybe.
I wish our na good luck on it since some have talked about orgainsation and working together…something i think i have argued for in the past. But i have yet to see the roamers/pugs/guilds/scouts work together. And despite always having been with defense I have yet to see a commander reach out to us or to any of the small old guilds that have always been on sos but are never mentioned. It`s funny and sad when at the same time you read commander complaints about the lack of scouts.

Well, i dont like mags (and that evil morning train i get to fight every time)but it seems they just have more of a “we” feeling. If they get in, i wish them a good internet connection and a lot less lag than I have with jq atm.

Bottom line: let the random roll luck decide.

Are you on our community site or go to the meetings, we were actually discussing this last week a lot.

As a commander I try to straddle the line between encouraging and getting involved, at the same time trying to respect other guilds/groups’ autonomy and playstyle.

Of course I’m usually on during NA, I’m rarely on late/early enough to make it for SEA. I do know you folks have been doing wonders with what you do have.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Regarding where the top servers people came from – they came from other servers. And I completely disagree that they were the bad players. In fact, just the opposite, they were the best players (read PvPers) from those other servers. They went to the top for the fights and competition not simply to win or get rewards..

You realize everyone thinks their server is the best if they just got even fights. Unfortunately a top tier server only has 1 or 2 other peer servers to actually test their ability vs even numbers, that’s an exceedingly tiny pool to draw conclusions from.

A test of the ‘top 100’ players is going to favor the big zerg servers because they simply have way more to choose from. Take a random 100 from any server and I think most matches would come out pretty even.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

What a pile of crap. ‘For the fights’ means a lot of different things to different people and people transfer according to what best fits their needs. T1 is where you go if you are interested in PPT and the battle for it. It is however not where I would transfer if I wanted to find quality small scale fights.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m a Mag PvE nublet, but even I’m putting in my time to push us to get the 6th spot. Gained 20+ WvW ranks thanks to the Cody Train last nite!

And from my own observations, Maguuma has Tier 1 skilled players with Tier 8 coverage. Thus is the reason why we deserve that spot, since skill is measured higher than population.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

divine faithborn.8365

And from my own observations, Maguuma has Tier 1 skilled players with Tier 8 coverage. Thus is the reason why we deserve that spot, since skill is measured higher than population.

Everyone says that their server has t1 players with kitten coverage.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Player Character.9467

You didn’t read everything he said…

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

He also said some stuff about being entitled because their skill.

Maguuma is the best reading since Charlie Sheen claimed he was “winning”.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

It looks like FA is cracking at the seams. They fall apart too much and we might get two new servers into gold.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

selan.8354

I’m a Mag PvE nublet, but even I’m putting in my time to push us to get the 6th spot. Gained 20+ WvW ranks thanks to the Cody Train last nite!

ok so ive seen maguuma in various matchups and yes u guys lack coverage. u have some pretty good players on your server. so does my server. we push zergs that outnumber us by a lot and win many times and i gotta say lower tier servers are way more about tatics that numbers. but believe me u dont wanna be in gold league. if your 30 man zerg runs into a 70 man jq zerg u might get a few wins, but a lot of times u get steamrolled.
i think u have faced a t1 server before…not sure, but the current t1 have stacked even more and do have some very skilled guilds now. but if u get up here, u will see for yourself.

my server is fighting hard and we are a little tired but we wont give in. even while sitting on 10ppt we will still try to push. so hope u guys will do the same.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

selan.8354

It looks like FA is cracking at the seams. They fall apart too much and we might get two new servers into gold.

we are a little beaten atm, but we got a great community. the ones that leave wont be missed as we keep on fighting. people are just a little tired atm due to constant mass blobs, spawn camping and lack of sleep. we get moments where our moral is down, but we wont let t1 destroy our server.

and there is still time to have a little fun

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Uhm Maguuma is a Tier 1 Server
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbvjWD0W4SU

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

ok so ive seen maguuma in various matchups and yes u guys lack coverage. u have some pretty good players on your server. so does my server. we push zergs that outnumber us by a lot and win many times and i gotta say lower tier servers are way more about tatics that numbers. but believe me u dont wanna be in gold league. if your 30 man zerg runs into a 70 man jq zerg u might get a few wins, but a lot of times u get steamrolled.
i think u have faced a t1 server before…not sure, but the current t1 have stacked even more and do have some very skilled guilds now. but if u get up here, u will see for yourself.

my server is fighting hard and we are a little tired but we wont give in. even while sitting on 10ppt we will still try to push. so hope u guys will do the same.

The thing is, Maguuma is different than most all servers. Mags love good fights, and you can only get them by facing the top servers. So it’s not a matter of being steamrolled or not. All the Commanders here would probably sacrifice PPT for a good GvG.

Side note – we have counters for every meta that a T1 could throw at us. We’d place 6th mainly due to no Oceanic coverage.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Mags like all servers has always had some good players. Mags fields some well crafted roaming builds and has good NA coordination. BUT in the past they have tended to lack a focus on PPT, meh, each to their own PPT is not everything.

If mags has found the desire to push hard all week and gains 6th spot in time for the league, good on them.

Many of us on SoS (we each choose our own servers ) are still pushing for that 6th spot as well, again each to their own. Do not count SBI out just yet either.

Keep at it all, see you on the battlefields!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

selan.8354

hahaha here comes the zoo.looool

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Gatharin.2674

Gatharin.2674

Posted a suggestion for a forced matchup in the suggestions forum if anyone wants to voice their “yea” or “nay”. At least lets try to keep it on the front page so anet can see it.

Maguuma WvW

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

No it is not the general consensus, are you even apart of the internal SoS community, ie get on ts3, forums? The consensus is we play how we always have we’re not going to tank just to get to silver league. We have a oceanic population that will be pvdooring every week if that happens that would be horrible, on the other hand we aren’t going to stress ourselves and push us into gold league because of rng it may not happen.

At the moment Maguuma is feeding on Dragonbrands bloated rating, we all know ehmry gives up as soon as the weekend end so the score is no suprise to anyone.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Player Character.9467

He also said some stuff about being entitled because their skill.

Maguuma is the best reading since Charlie Sheen claimed he was “winning”.

Joke
———
Your head

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

PvF doesn’t count Snafu