Leagues & stacking on T1 US

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I think many players are falling for anet’s trickery and moving to T1 in US especially leaving lower tiers dead. Instead of closing the servers I think anet announced this idiotic idea of Leagues to make some easy money and have people transfer on their own for rewards. The idea of having 2 leagues in US where T1 servers will be matched with lower tiers is causing people to stack up in a already stacked T1.

Here is a preview of a T1 server fighting anyone outside of T1 (JQ,BG,SoR)
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/map/1002

We are going to have 3-4 weeks of this type of matchups in NA due to the league system coming in 2 weeks. It’s the dumbest idea ever and will force people to stop playing or move to one of these 3 servers.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Time to move to EU. While there’s grumbling about potential matchups, the population is by far more evenly spread out than the mess that NA is …. and should make for some interesting matches. Honestly, pick any server but the top two, and you’ll likely have a blast.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: MajorFauxPas.2364

MajorFauxPas.2364

Over the past few months we’ve seen a steady rate of player migration from underpopulated to heavily populated servers. The rate has increased lately.

Why did Anet choose not to put transfer locks on T1 servers? I’m guessing they are making money off the transfers… and they don’t want that to stop. Now every player (who’s capable of earning/buying 1800 gems) can be T1.

Because, let’s face it, if people can pay to switch to the side that’s already winning, they will. Especially if there is no recourse, no penalty. In fact, players are rewarded with 100% win, and Anet is rewarded with $22.50 USD per transfer.

Not going to change.

Hey, um, which way to the outhouse?

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Over the past few months we’ve seen a steady rate of player migration from underpopulated to heavily populated servers. The rate has increased lately.

Why did Anet choose not to put transfer locks on T1 servers? I’m guessing they are making money off the transfers… and they don’t want that to stop. Now every player (who’s capable of earning/buying 1800 gems) can be T1.

Because, let’s face it, if people can pay to switch to the side that’s already winning, they will. Especially if there is no recourse, no penalty. In fact, players are rewarded with 100% win, and Anet is rewarded with $22.50 USD per transfer.

Not going to change.

Yep. They had over a year to attempt to destack T1 US and allow people to transfer to lower pop servers pick the last 3 and make it 200-300 gems or something for just the weekend but no never. Anet hasn’t taken a single step to balance coverage issues which cause stale/lopsided matches.

Anet also purposely hasn’t adjusted the way RNG still affects matches and causes servers like SoR to fight out of T1. Devon claimed that they will monitor and adjust but I guess they still need more data….

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Time to move to EU. While there’s grumbling about potential matchups, the population is by far more evenly spread out than the mess that NA is …. and should make for some interesting matches. Honestly, pick any server but the top two, and you’ll likely have a blast.

The top 3 EU servers are also stacked, meaning long queues, unless you want to play on off-hours. What’s the fun if you cannot even access the WvWvW and spend just hours in queue? I heard that both SFR and PS have NA players and guilds doing night capping. Servers who are rank 5-9 when season starts are gonna be heavily night and morning capped by the stacked top servers. No chances of win for them.

Desolation can hopely drop to silver league (rank 10 or below) as our current WvWvW player numbers are hopelessly low for the gold league. I stopped WvWvW, but I still got some friends who occasionally play it, but currently Desolation really is the #1 pve server in EU.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Jayne.9251

There’s no NA guilds on PS. In fact Desolation has more NA players than us, unless those guys from previous matches have bailed?

Anyhow any blue flag server would be a great choice, English is common language there, but even the national servers have English speakers.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Wouldn’t you just be PvD’ing the whole time since you’re (most likely) not on during European prime time?

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Moar data needed! Besides, I’m sure FA and SoR had a really fun time testing their skills against higher rated servers.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Wouldn’t you just be PvD’ing the whole time since you’re (most likely) not on during European prime time?

No, that’s largely a myth. There are NA crews on various servers (Viz has French Canadians and Baruch has some South Americans, for example). SFR has a really nice NA crew, and others have some 50-man competitive numbers …. But yes, if you didn’t do your research and went to a server with existing NA coverage you’d be bored to tears because there would just be more of you overwhelming the smaller night time crews. The key is to do the opposite of what NA has done and spread out for the fights.

There’s even decent oceanic and sea on some servers.

EU is packed on most servers during its prime, but there is action all around the clock, it really depends if you can content yourself with a 30-50 man fight vs say 100 man. Less lag anyhow, and no queues

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

The reason you haven’t seen a lock on T1 is NA is a result of those servers bleeding players at an unsustainable rate. For every person that transfers into T1, 5 more quit playing, become PvE exclusive, or go elsewhere.

From the outside looking in, you see the scores are even so it looks like a great match up, it’s not. BG PvDoors for 8 hours, SoR PvDoors for 8 hours, and JQ PvDoors for 8 hours, ain’t nobody fight anyone anymore.

BG has MERC (oceanic) and every other guild on the server struggles with attendance and it’s not like MERC is perfect, they lost their guild leader at one point.

JQ has ATM (southeast asia) and every other guild on the server struggles with attendance. Again like MERC, they’re not perfect. They used to be FoO but there was some internal struggle, the guild split up, and reformed as ATM with far less people.

SoR doesn’t even have a flagship guild anymore. Their two strongest time zones were always EU and NA lead by IRON and TW respectfully, well the guild leaders and a large chunk of players from both guilds are either gone or inactive.

T1 NA is dying...rapidly. If you were to take Kaineng or Maguuma from 6 months ago and pair them against the current T1 NA servers, they would win.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

The reason you haven’t seen a lock on T1 is NA is a result of those servers bleeding players at an unsustainable rate. For every person that transfers into T1, 5 more quit playing, become PvE exclusive, or go elsewhere.

From the outside looking in, you see the scores are even so it looks like a great match up, it’s not. BG PvDoors for 8 hours, SoR PvDoors for 8 hours, and JQ PvDoors for 8 hours, ain’t nobody fight anyone anymore.

BG has MERC (oceanic) and every other guild on the server struggles with attendance and it’s not like MERC is perfect, they lost their guild leader at one point.

JQ has ATM (southeast asia) and every other guild on the server struggles with attendance. Again like MERC, they’re not perfect. They used to be FoO but there was some internal struggle, the guild split up, and reformed as ATM with far less people.

SoR doesn’t even have a flagship guild anymore. Their two strongest time zones were always EU and NA lead by IRON and TW respectfully, well the guild leaders and a large chunk of players from both guilds are either gone or inactive.

T1 NA is dying…rapidly. If you were to take Kaineng or Maguuma from 6 months ago and pair them against the current T1 NA servers, they would win.

I can’t speak for other servers, but that information is false. IRON’s leaders and guildies are still here, as well as TW. The only difference is that Indo has been gone due to work for the past week or two, and is now getting back into the game.

Anyways, to the topic at hand, keep in mind the link you posted is a T1 server versus T2 servers. That in itself shows the major imbalance, and for some reason Anet wants to match T1 servers to servers as low as T4. Come on Anet, T1 vs T2 is a complete coverage roflstomp, why do you think the leagues will be a good idea?

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Not going to change.

Anet will never get another dime from me. I’ll sell my copy and move on.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I am glad there is no transfer lock. If there was a transfer lock on T1 servers, everyone would come to T2 and then my server would have worse queues.

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

Like i say since 1 year, no french canadians guilds on VS… Only few guys.

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Ah someone told me it was such, and I had seen several French Canadian guild names when we last met up …. I had heard they were all on one EU server, do you know which one?

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Moar data needed! Besides, I’m sure FA and SoR had a really fun time testing their skills against higher rated servers.

u mean FA and DB. well we had fun when we were facing jq and bg as the 2 t1 servers fight each other a lot which takes off a little pressure from fa….but a t1 server facing 2 non t1 servers is not really fun as sor doesnt have a real oponent to fight and the other servers are being trashed without any chance to put a little pressure on sor as we both lack coverage…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

No, that’s largely a myth. There are NA crews on various servers (Viz has French Canadians and Baruch has some South Americans, for example). SFR has a really nice NA crew, and others have some 50-man competitive numbers …. But yes, if you didn’t do your research and went to a server with existing NA coverage you’d be bored to tears because there would just be more of you overwhelming the smaller night time crews. The key is to do the opposite of what NA has done and spread out for the fights.

There’s even decent oceanic and sea on some servers.

EU is packed on most servers during its prime, but there is action all around the clock, it really depends if you can content yourself with a 30-50 man fight vs say 100 man. Less lag anyhow, and no queues

Almost all of the Oceanic, SEA and NA that you speak of are actually european players not playing during prime time.

in WvW

Posted by: Vroum.2906

Vroum.2906

Ah someone told me it was such, and I had seen several French Canadian guild names when we last met up …. I had heard they were all on one EU server, do you know which one?

If you still have those French Canadian guilds names in mind, please send the list to Troma. We have been looking for them for a year now without success.

But more seriously no there is no Canadian guild in the EU ladder that I know of.
The only one known for doing the trip was Armata a long time ago (October 2012) and they stayed only 2 weeks on Arborstone before getting back to the US ladder.

As Troma said we don’t have more than a few guys spread in various guilds they used to play with before gw2.

And I guess Baruch could say almost the same thing about their South American legion.

Guardian | Warrior | Elementalist on Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

There’s no NA guilds on PS. In fact Desolation has more NA players than us, unless those guys from previous matches have bailed?

Desolation doesn’t have any major NA guilds. All we have are some individual commanders and players who are American. If you take a look at the last night’s tick:
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15/106

You can see that we don’t have any significant night crew.

Our night capping crew, DVG, just partially transferred to Piken Square. DVG are mostly European just like most of the night capping teams in EU. Some players are so dedicated that they just decided to stay up whole night and go to bed in the morning. The size of the Vizunah Square (VS) Canadian night force has often been exaggerated. Mostly it is just some French nerds staying up all night.

To my knowledge SFR currently holds the biggest amount of NA players in EU and they are also the host to massive amount of Russian guilds and Russian language is widely used on their server. In a way one could call SFR semi-official Russian server. SFR has the best coverage in EU and unless something drastic happens, they should win the golden league.

But really who cares who wins? This game is dying. And the decisions by the Arenanet developers are a big reason for that. Even many SFR players are against the recent changes (bloodlust idiocy etc). We will be seeing even more imbalanced match ups. 100 players vs 3-5 players.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

And who are you? Making statements about iron lol.
Never saw you in IRON ts or ingame, dont make things up ty.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Everything above t3 is a lagfest. Why would anyone want to willingly go there?

You need a god-mode PC to handle it.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

People don’t only transfer for wvw, so Anet would never implement it. However, if we had dedicated WvW servers, implementing this is a possibility.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Everything above t3 is a lagfest. Why would anyone want to willingly go there?

You need a god-mode PC to handle it.

I think someone is mistaken about the problems. It’s server lag, any godlike computer from the players won’t be able to speed things up.

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

And I guess Baruch could say almost the same thing about their South American legion.

More myth than real life.
Not even one southamerican guild.
To my knowledge the guild with bigger south american numbers has just a couple of brave american warriors.
Said this, american guilds are invited to join our nice community and fight our golden league.
Best,

Haltair

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

Lock T1 Xfers, problem solved. I don’t think its people xferring to kitten be winners in as much as it is certain T1 servers outright buying guild xfers to help them provide coverage. It obvious that no one new needs to come to any rank 1-3 server so lock out xfers completely unless they drop in rating.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

It used to be that stacking was “necessary” for people to enjoy “24-7 fights” (this is true to an extent for off-hours populations – you needed to be on a top server to even get fights during timezones like SEA). With leagues now these people are screwed – their very stacking ensures they get ridiculously boring matches for about 5 out of 7 weeks per season. All the stacking, the arms race, the buying of coverage – it is to fight evenly with other T1 servers doing the same thing. Now the T1 servers will almost never be matched together again.

I feel bad for the people really. Some T1/2 guilds have been destacking to lower tiers – good on them. Those still going to the top will enjoy the fruits of their gems when they fight doors for a month straight.

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

It’ll only get worse if 2 servers are close to each other fighting for top spot. As it is in with a t1 ranked server fighting a much weaker server they tend to slack off abit or just have fun. With the league these guys are now going to be hitting them with everything for the whole week to maximise points. So either more people will transfer up or just stop playing WvW =\

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

lol bro almost non of the matches outside T1 are close neither …

so what is different ?

put league outside a bit. everyone in T1 dont actually win 100%. Bg got some edge over the other 2. When some of these 3 lost they don’t just quit and stop playing like lower tier ( well sometime they do ). There are always a lot of competitive around even the server knows that they are n’t winning.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

put league outside a bit.

Says a player on T1.
We wish, from those of us that are not at the top of the new leagues, already.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

It’s time to stop with the conspiracy theories. It’s distracting from the real issue. It’s like bringing 9/11 troof theories into a serious discussion about US Mid-East foreign policy.
The money they make with the few thousand players who will migrate would never make up for the bad publicity they are generating because of server stacking. Also I see no reason why they would resort to such a shifty, convoluted scheme when they could just sell wacky golem skins and even more finisher.

This is just incompetence. They thought leagues would lure in more players due to “fairer” chances, when all it leads to is kill off the bottom half by ranking of servers in both NA and EU.
They should have locked league rewards (not transfers themselves) to your current server right the very minute they announced Season 1. Though that still wouldn’t solve the essential problem of (leagues independent) server stacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

When the league starts there will be no tiers. Glicko rating will disappear. Everyone will start on 0 points. Depending on the draw it is possible (even probable) that the current top three ranked servers aren’t going to finish as the top three.

We have to change the way we are thinking about this.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

When the league starts there will be no tiers. Glicko rating will disappear. Everyone will start on 0 points. Depending on the draw it is possible (even probable) that the current top three ranked servers aren’t going to finish as the top three.

No there is no possible outcome except whether SOR or BG will be 1 or 2……. JQ 3, TC 4

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

No there is no possible outcome except whether SOR or BG will be 1 or 2……. JQ 3, TC 4

^ THIS. but stop trying guys. Anet doesn’t care about WvW and will continue to run it into the ground until you stop playing.

The more you know:
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/106138/I4E780N.jpg

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Each server (in NA) will play against each other at least once. But you will need to play against three of them twice (work it out) over the seven weeks.

JQ could have the misfortune to cop SoR and BG twice.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Each server (in NA) will play against each other at least once. But you will need to play against three of them twice (work it out) over the seven weeks.

JQ could have the misfortune to cop SoR and BG twice.

JQ vs SoR and BG twice would actually be for the best. Imagine if JQ were put up against lower level servers twice: that would be zero fun for everyone involved.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

There’s nothing wrong with guilds or players stacking in one server. The problem is other servers don’t make it enticing for players to stay in their servers.

Only we can create or break our community guys. ^-^

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Moar data you say, last night OC time SOR reached 660 PPT in our weakest timezone.

This league idea is beyond ludicrous and must be scrapped.

T1 NA is dying…rapidly. If you were to take Kaineng or Maguuma from 6 months ago and pair them against the current T1 NA servers, they would win.

I think you’re overstating it and its a game problem not a T1 problem. Populations down to T4 were far higher 6 months ago.

The league idea is like the increase in strentghs of ACs, anet thought it would break up the zergs, instead it had the opposite effect, just like the leagues will have the opposite effect of what anet want and drive players away from the game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I think I see a pig outside my 3rd floor window.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

The new Leagues are going to destroy what remains of WvW. The T1 servers are light years beyond even T2.

After months of poor match ups, WvW will be dead. Yesterday was the first Sunday ever that I did not experience a queue on SOR. Because of our current bad match up.

This might be the Worst idea I have ever seen in a video game. WvW is end game for a lot of people. Making it totally uncompetative is just going to lose you customers in the long run.

I know I won’t sit through 8 weeks of 100000 point victories.

Sacrx seems to be 100% right. They are purposefully killkng WvW so that people might start playimg Spvp. I can tell you right now, I would rather play Smite, LoL or Dota2 than spvp. And 99% of the WvWers I know will not spvp at’all.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

If it’s about money its going to end up a huge blunder and mistake financially.

Yeah they might get a quick cash grab up front, but when WvW population and participation starts drying up, it will lose them money in the long run.

And even for those players that went to the high pop winning side, it won’t be fun for them either to be running around in zergs without anybody to fight. How great will a finisher be with no one to use it on, or any other rewards, with no meaning or consequence because most weeks will be blowouts.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Seriously, if anyone transfers servers for this league, they are a tool. We don’t even know the rewards other than some lame finisher right now.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The new Leagues are going to destroy what remains of WvW. The T1 servers are light years beyond even T2.

After months of poor match ups, WvW will be dead. Yesterday was the first Sunday ever that I did not experience a queue on SOR. Because of our current bad match up.

This might be the Worst idea I have ever seen in a video game. WvW is end game for a lot of people. Making it totally uncompetative is just going to lose you customers in the long run.

I know I won’t sit through 8 weeks of 100000 point victories.

Sacrx seems to be 100% right. They are purposefully killkng WvW so that people might start playimg Spvp. I can tell you right now, I would rather play Smite, LoL or Dota2 than spvp. And 99% of the WvWers I know will not spvp at’all.

This actually may be true. I’m sure behind closed doors they know that their PvP mode is a wreck This could be the only way to get people to start playing. What they don’t understand is that PvP = casual mode; WvW = hardcore mode.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Seriously, if anyone transfers servers for this league, they are a tool. We don’t even know the rewards other than some lame finisher right now.

Even at this point I don’t think Anet is silly enough to link massive tangible rewards to league ranking. I’m thinking the majority of the rewards are linked to how much you play for your server, not which server you are on.

The fine gentlemen transferring up are just paying gems to literally pvdoor for 5 out of 7 weeks every season from now on. How people can be this short-sighted is beyond me.

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

SPVP is casual. TPVP – hardcore. WVW – end game and hardcore.

I see nothing wrong with spvp, tpvp, or wvw. Each will always have a player base. Going to E-sports will ensure professions will be balanced as similar in the case of starcraft/warcraft/lol/hon and other rts games.

And no matter how developers suggest people to play a certain game, the player still has the power to choose to play or not to play.

What the devs can, and only do, is hope to make a game that will interest players but I doubt they can, and should even try to please everyone. See it from their point of view, you have a boss who will fire you if you do not follow the instructions. And not every project can be given a go if suggested by a player versus those working in the project.

What the devs, of course should do, is to use statistics/studies to determine the popularity of games. Maybe learn psychology to learn how players play, and finally to learn to regress updates if the patch is resulting to bad product release or reduce in sales. Just basic economics.

On a side note. The problem with stacking on a server has little or nothing to do with the leagues. This has been the thing since WVW started, servers promote their servers; therefore get more transfers, while other servers do not provide incentive to stay or invite others to transfer to them. Shake hands and be social guys, at least even in this game.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

The way I see it, WvW is both casual and hardcore. If you’re a casual player that wants to play with no pressure, you can join a pug zerg. If you want hardcore PvP action, it’s certainly available as well. That’s why WvW is so popular.

Unfortunately Anet seems intent on pushing all hardcore players into sPvP thereby killing WvW.

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

The way I see it, WvW is both casual and hardcore. If you’re a casual player that wants to play with no pressure, you can join a pug zerg. If you want hardcore PvP action, it’s certainly available as well. That’s why WvW is so popular.

Unfortunately Anet seems intent on pushing all hardcore players into sPvP thereby killing WvW.

Seems is the word there. It’s probably the paranoia of players who think wvw isn’t getting much attention.

I think the main issue is the community over reacting to the change; thus the player base is waning, other than new games competing with gw2 and taking new customers.

All games will have to stand against competition. That’s the reality of things. And real life will butt in; thus taking more gamers from the game.

So what if anet is intent on taking players to tpvp. Are you going to force yourselves to play if you don’t want to?

WVW isn’t dead. It just had a good revamp. Less people doing jp, fun pk at ruins. More tactical and strategical gameplay. Thing is, some people want it easy, and safe, and don’t even want to factor how to win anymore, and are looking for something to blame for not trying (did you ever see that guy wearing berserker armor and being a rally bot? sure he might be enjoying himself but he will make the commander rage – who gets angry at the militia – who will hate the commander – and the cycle of hate starts).

>3<

But I do have to remind our devs to fix the following:

1. can’t kick offline party member
2. packet loss in wvw server bls.
3. glitch towers and areas w/c need fixing.

Sure, we can party again by leaving the first one. But this is part of the game’s mechanics which isn’t supposed to be broken.

We can still glitch into somethings w/c means it hasn’t been fixed, which means someone in there needs a job performance review.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

I think the main issue is the community over reacting to the change; thus the player base is waning, other than new games competing with gw2 and taking new customers.

That’s the approach Anet have been taking to the resistance to the Bloodlust buff – which would be fine if it really is just an overreaction. But what if it’s not?

What if, instead of being an overreaction, the strength of opposition to Bloodlust and the lastest patch is the result of a serious mismatch between where Anet are taking WvW and what really works in WvW? If that is the actual case, then the blindness of “they’re just overreacting” is going to make it very hard for Anet to see that they need to change direction if they want WvW to be successful.

The most common complaints I’ve heard about WvW have been i) lag and ii) unbalanced match-ups. This latest patch has made both of these worse. That means that the reaction to this patch is not an overreaction, but the inevitable result of making the most disappointing aspects of WvW even worse.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Chill out guys. Let the T1 servers continue what they’re doing. Once they realize how boring their matchups are and once they realize that the winner of the league is beyond their control (anet matchmaking will determine the victor), this will fix itself.

I feel bad for the people really. Some T1/2 guilds have been destacking to lower tiers – good on them. Those still going to the top will enjoy the fruits of their gems when they fight doors for a month straight.

I would be very surprised if they were actually destacking.

JQ vs SoR and BG twice would actually be for the best. Imagine if JQ were put up against lower level servers twice: that would be zero fun for everyone involved.

JQ would find this matchup very fun actually.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Chill out guys. Let the T1 servers continue what they’re doing. Once they realize how boring their matchups are and once they realize that the winner of the league is beyond their control (anet matchmaking will determine the victor), this will fix itself.

I would be very surprised if they were actually destacking.

JQ would find this matchup very fun actually.

NA T1 servers have been T1 for 28 weeks, I think they would have gotten bored of it by now like ET, HoD, IoJ, SoS and SBI did.

NA T2 servers have been stale for 20 weeks.

Doesn’t look like “players wanting to move to lower pop servers on their own” is happening.

Are you still collecting data Devon?

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

That’s the approach Anet have been taking to the resistance to the Bloodlust buff – which would be fine if it really is just an overreaction. But what if it’s not?

What if, instead of being an overreaction, the strength of opposition to Bloodlust and the lastest patch is the result of a serious mismatch between where Anet are taking WvW and what really works in WvW? If that is the actual case, then the blindness of “they’re just overreacting” is going to make it very hard for Anet to see that they need to change direction if they want WvW to be successful.

The most common complaints I’ve heard about WvW have been i) lag and ii) unbalanced match-ups. This latest patch has made both of these worse. That means that the reaction to this patch is not an overreaction, but the inevitable result of making the most disappointing aspects of WvW even worse.

You just pointed out existing problems since the beginning of wvw. I think it’s because of the earlier bugs not being fixed, players who kept it in just couldn’t keep it in anymore and started the drama.

It’s pretty much like that guy who just kept the bullying in till he decided to kill everyone with a gun.

The problem with wvw is the things which needs fixing hasn’t been fixed, but there has been a constant addition to it. And because the meta still requires coverage, numbers, and resources to win, it’s pretty much the same old thing, which is getting boring.

So, wvw is as it was, just with added icings.

Pretty much if you want skill and tactics – tpvp. Casual gameplay – spvp. Your end game – every thing else. But WVW can offer much more if people cooperate and start ignoring the ppt, and celebrate the little victories.

I can’t really defend wvw except point out that it’s the same old thing.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal