Let's boost Northern Shivpeak to 15th place!

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

NSP getting stuck in Silver for 8 weeks would be a disaster imo. I would disagree with Dank on the notion that NSP WvW population can’t be damaged further. It has lost a good number of its WvW playerbase over time and from what I’ve seen we have not come anywhere close to replacing those lost. It’s one thing to endure through a week or two, perhaps even three, of bad matches but to know you will be facing 8 weeks of being utterly outmanned is too much.

I agree with you on the notion that most just want a good fight on NSP but those won’t be found that often in Silver League. I’d argue our population isn’t that great even for bronze league but it isn’t anywhere close to being in the same realm as what Silver League servers have. Our numbers will simply be too few not to mention the terrible coverage gaps we will have. We’ve been screwed over by Kaening before during their march up from T8 and I certainly don’t want to see them get away with it again as they try their best to tank these last few matches. I love NSP, WvW is all I do and I do it everyday, no way I’m going to waste 8 weeks playing in Silver though….not with our numbers.

I think you have an excellent grasp on the situation.

I would also like to add a few points:

-Devon Carver getting spawn camped on NSP while in the silver league would do next to nothing for the long-term development of WvW.
-In fact most people suggesting this are doing so out of spite and not even concerned with NSP’s server in the long run.
-Some on NSP might think they want the silver league for the “big fights”, but don’t kid yourselves: there will be more people in WvW on every server once leagues start. The staleness will be gone during the first few weeks, so every fairweather/PVE’er around will be there to get cred for their “reward”.
-The added population boost will affect already heavily populated WvW-based servers more, and thus will make the gap between bronze/silver/gold even further.

TL/DR: It won’t hurt Devon to get “blownout” (people are acting like he is going to play all day every day….), nor will it shed any more light on WvW problems that the MOS Millennium isn’t already shedding, it will dmg NSP further, all the people suggesting they move up aren’t likely on NSP, and therefore could care less if the silver league destroys their server.

(People on NSP need to think long and hard next week, on how they want to approach this moving forward)

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Most kittened thread NA. More appropriate title would have been @Devon.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

bob.8632

you realize you are wanting revenge on people that bandwagoned off back in april for rolling you over back in, like, january by hoping we stay in silver league after losing enough people over the last month to only be adequate for upper-mid bronze league at best? you realize this right? that tanking is not a purposeful thing that is happening on kaineng?

Not really directed at you personally, just a generalized statement…Most people are not going to feel any sympathy for Kain because they were one of the first bandwagon servers, that by design or accident created all kinds of issues with the old scoring system. They kitten ed a lot of people off along the way, and it is just the way things work that many have sat back and awaited the “fall”.

Now they see you falling and whether you are tanking or settling no one really cares, because of your history, so the thought automatically is that you are trying to manipulate the system even further.

The dilemma you or people like you have is even if you didn’t agree or want the bandwagon transfers: you still “reaped the benefits”, it is true that the people that came and left are the real issue here, but no one is really going to see it that way.

Some of that is ridiculous I know, but does not make it any less true on what people think/believe

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

you realize you are wanting revenge on people that bandwagoned off back in april for rolling you over back in, like, january by hoping we stay in silver league after losing enough people over the last month to only be adequate for upper-mid bronze league at best? you realize this right? that tanking is not a purposeful thing that is happening on kaineng?

Not really directed at you personally, just a generalized statement…Most people are not going to feel any sympathy for Kain because they were one of the first bandwagon servers, that by design or accident created all kinds of issues with the old scoring system. They kitten ed a lot of people off along the way, and it is just the way things work that many have sat back and awaited the “fall”.

Now they see you falling and whether you are tanking or settling no one really cares, because of your history, so the thought automatically is that you are trying to manipulate the system even further.

The dilemma you or people like you have is even if you didn’t agree or want the bandwagon transfers: you still “reaped the benefits”, it is true that the people that came and left are the real issue here, but no one is really going to see it that way.

Some of that is ridiculous I know, but does not make it any less true on what people think/believe

I don’t know anyone who sees things that way.

There are very few servers that didn’t have big transfers (whether coming in or leaving) over the last 14 months.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

bob.8632

There are very few servers that didn’t have big transfers (whether coming in or leaving) over the last 14 months.

Ahh well I don’t know you, so surely you do not exist…. :P

There are a lot of servers that never got big transfers in but did have big losses.

The point is that many people don’t like bandwagon servers (whether the ‘label’ is justified or not), the same thing will happen when the wheels fully fall off of Dragonwagon.

in WvW

styx.7294

Ahh well I don’t know you, so surely you do not exist…. :P

There are a lot of servers that never got big transfers in but did have big losses.

The point is that many people don’t like bandwagon servers (whether the ‘label’ is justified or not), the same thing will happen when the wheels fully fall off of Dragonwagon.

Well, I’m sure people like that exist but what “the people” think should be pretty easy to find.

Maybe people’ll come to Kaineng and Dragonbrand again. Maybe ArenaNet will mess with the transfer costs again. Who knows? Probably the ultimate revolving door is tier 1. Sometimes it seems like they just trade guilds like Pokemon cards.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

I am sorry to the NSP players. I do not want you to suffer… but if there is ANY chance for mr Carver to truly want to change the imbalances, he has to be force to deal with them.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

bob.8632

I am sorry to the NSP players. I do not want you to suffer… but if there is ANY chance for mr Carver to truly want to change the imbalances, he has to be force to deal with them.

Ehhh the problem is that they already see the scores, they already have people playing in these matches with ANET tags. The man already said they intended it to be “unbalanced”….

I really hate to keep harping on it, but I feel like people think this guy is going to somehow have an epiphany and realize that these “blowouts” really suck because he is no longer seeing it in data form but experiencing it in gameplay.

Is that possible? Sure. But I just feel like the guy will be on for less than 10hrs a week, and running around being a siegemonkey while analyzing game play and mechanics (not really worried that NSP has 20 people and ____has 120. You guys (at least to me) are approaching this in the mindset of “what its like to fight a larger force”, while ANET is looking at everything like: “Build more siege”.

I guess what I am trying to say is that ANET is interested in mechanics, and we are interested in balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Rush.8253

Rush.8253

TL/DR: It won’t hurt Devon to get “blownout” (people are acting like he is going to play all day every day….), nor will it shed any more light on WvW problems that the MOS Millennium isn’t already shedding, it will dmg NSP further, all the people suggesting they move up aren’t likely on NSP, and therefore could care less if the silver league destroys their server.

I agree with almost everything you except that “it will not shed any more light.” If I had any choice in the matter I would move Devon to Kaineng and make him play there since the damage to Kaineng is already done. About 8-10 WvW guilds have left since the announcement of leagues and 3 more are planning on moving soon. No, these are not bandwagon guilds either, all the bandwagon guilds left shortly after WM left Kaineng. These are original Kaineng guilds who for the past 4-5 months have had to deal with the fallout of a failed bandwagon and did so admirably.

MOS Millennium is great, metrics are great, stats and number are great. But if you do not see or understand what those mean in practice then they mean nothing. Having Devon play on the rank 15 server in Silver league, even for a limited time may just help him understand what a difference in 200+ rating points really means to matches. And perhaps, just maybe, help him adjust his priorities from WvW ranks and new buffs to the real issue; server and coverage imbalances.

If you still believe the Devon is playing attention to numbers, consider this what the original 2 tier league would look like today. (data: MOS 10/10/13)

Gold
Rank #1 – 2167 Rating
Rank #12 – 1507 Rating
Difference – 660

Silver
Rank #13 – 1488 Rating
Rank #24 – 1062 Rating
Difference – 426

in WvW

bob.8632

I agree with almost everything you except that “it will not shed any more light.” If I had any choice in the matter I would move Devon to Kaineng and make him play there since the damage to Kaineng is already done. About 8-10 WvW guilds have left since the announcement of leagues and 3 more are planning on moving soon. No, these are not bandwagon guilds either, all the bandwagon guilds left shortly after WM left Kaineng. These are original Kaineng guilds who for the past 4-5 months have had to deal with the fallout of a failed bandwagon and did so admirably.

MOS Millennium is great, metrics are great, stats and number are great. But if you do not see or understand what those mean in practice then they mean nothing. Having Devon play on the rank 15 server in Silver league, even for a limited time may just help him understand what a difference in 200+ rating points really means to matches. And perhaps, just maybe, help him adjust his priorities from WvW ranks and new buffs to the real issue; server and coverage imbalances.

If you still believe the Devon is playing attention to numbers, consider this what the original 2 tier league would look like today. (data: MOS 10/10/13)

Gold
Rank #1 – 2167 Rating
Rank #12 – 1507 Rating
Difference – 660

Silver
Rank #13 – 1488 Rating
Rank #24 – 1062 Rating
Difference – 426

All excellent points, and duly noted. However I am and was speaking of the mindset that they (ANET/Devon) simply do not care that you are outmanned/outgunned.

Oh you are spawn camped? “use the breakout”
The enemy greatly outnumbers you and has bloodlust? “Build more siege”
You need more players on your server? “Have you checked out the recruitment threads?”

These are the things they have said in the past, along with the “WvW is not intended to be balanced”. You guys have to remember they have actual metrics (or at least more metrics than we have access to), they know or have the ability to know when server X fights server Y on average how many players they will field each.

Since WvW is a population/coverage contest, then you can start to see why they likely LONG ago have came to the conclusion that WvW will always have horrible population imbalances.

At the end of the day they simply do not seem to care about population imbalances, and again: any light that is shown on this issue will be far out-shadowed by the destruction it has the potential to do to the server being camped (In this case NSP).

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

bronze league top to bottom has only 200-300 rating difference.

SF, ET, FC, DH will have great fights against anyone they face. We can compete with the top of the league while still having to be on our toes against the bottom.

Can’t speak for T1-5 problems but since the leagues became 6/9/9 I am actually looking forward to season 1.

Go Fergs!

in WvW

bob.8632

SF, ET, FC, DH will have great fights against anyone they face. We can compete with the top of the league while still having to be on our toes against the bottom.

Can’t speak for T1-5 problems but since the leagues became 6/9/9 I am actually looking forward to season 1.

Go Fergs!

Just keep in mind those servers at the top will have A TON more players once leagues start…

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Go Fergs!

Out of the bronze servers I have faced in the last 2-3 months Fergs have the best chance at a win at bronze if NPS goes up. Even if NSP were to somehow pull off not going up a rank Fergs could cause major headaches and a upset win. You guys are a blast to fight with

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Nozzie.2067

Nozzie.2067

The current match-up guarantees that NSP will be in Bronze League. Last spot in Silver League will go to either Kain or HoD.

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

The odds of NSP rolling 23 and 24 must be astronomical.
“RNG” right?

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: OZFugazi.6178

OZFugazi.6178

The current match-up guarantees that NSP will be in Bronze League. Last spot in Silver League will go to either Kain or HoD.

from ARock here..

what’s equally troubling is that these types of matchups demoralize all servers involved. AR and GoM get hammered.. to a point of frustration… NSP is left trying to find more involved fights. As usual, we bring out the best we can for reset.. but come Monday, the motivation wanes. the frustration is just to strong, just cant field the numbers, much less the coverage. Our best and motivated weeks come with equal (or close to) server match ups, we have good times and active match threads.

to add.. NSP could control every asset on every map and STILL lose evolution ppt avg simply from the pairing alone. And most likely still remain top of bronze league. Its like a minni vacation haha. No offense NSP, nothing but mad love from me.

working as intended Devon? I sure hope not.

all the best to everyone
oz.

in WvW

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Kind of annoyed, because my server has been getting the stuffing knocked out of it for two months running, and then now, suddenly, immediately before we are getting locked into leagues, we get matched against two much weaker servers and now, IN 12 HOURS, have gone up two ranks into the next highest league. Which will destroy us, as they have been destroying us for the last two months as previously mentioned. Looks like I will be coughing up the gold for a server transfer after all.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

“RNG” right?

yeah, it is rather….. interesting that NSP has gotten matched against the two lowest ranked servers, so that they’re guaranteed to lose rating points, on the last possible week for their rank to change. if kaineng wasn’t tanking on purpose before, this would be a good time to start. a week long PvE event could be just the thing that’s needed, if nothing else, they’ll at least be able to farm a ton of gold.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

It’s reset night…
Everyone knows not to pay attention to rating changes until the weekend is over. If Kaineng continues to perform in their current state, they have a good shot at dropping down. They should be in the bronze league anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Kain is performing very bad at this moment +15 ppt and can’t perform worst than that. Even in this current situation they are still 9 point over NSP. In other hand NPS has quite a lot of room to play with. NSP currently can decide if they want to be in bronze league by performing slightly worst/taking a PvE week or go in silver by pushing a bit.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

styx.7294

Meh, there’s 6 servers involved with fights that have Henge of Denravi, Northern Shiverpeaks, and Kaineng. Any one of those servers could choose to tank to boost someone.

At least on my server we don’t care who ends up where =P I’d guess of the three, Northern Shiverpeaks is maybe the strongest but the match up against them isn’t totally bad. We can’t stop Os but hey, we never could, haha.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

“RNG” right?

I don’t think anyone is surprised. Funny thing is, resets have been happening much closer to when the old match ups ended except last night. I know people waiting on reset were “joking” that a certain person was manipulating his server’s match ups, hence the delay, and bam, “coincidentally,” someone wins the “RNG” lottery. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

Regardless of whether or not such a thing occurred though, the fact that this even crosses the minds of the player base shows how toxic the divide between the WvW team and the players has become.

I know I’ll be watching one server’s ranking this week and hoping on a rank up, and I know I will be far from alone.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Is anyone really surprised that the final week before leagues has a full complement of terrible, terrible matchups? Last push to squeeze all that transfer gem sales.

Next step, 2 months for the esteemed team to gather more data while half the player base rots.

in WvW

Posted by: moutzaheadin.4029

moutzaheadin.4029

I posted this in the eBay/hod/kain match up thread. I think it applies here aswell

Normally I don’t care about other match threads, but this one interests me for obvious reasons.
Something tells me this match up and the one we have Nsp/gom/ar arent very random.
Seems like it was a measure to try and avoid kain into tanking out of silver. For extra measure hod is also in the mix. So if either one even lift a finger for a good week.. its hello silver league.
Nsp on the other hand got a match where we have to actually push past the low rankings of the other server. While the other 2 kain/hod tank.
I guess my point is. This doesn’t look very random to me.
Lastly and I speak for myself/guild here. I want silver league.. I want the better constant fights. Keep your lolfinisher and blues in the reward chests. I don’t care about any of that trash. Its the fun fights that keep me playing. In bronze.. it will be a bore.

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

in WvW

styx.7294

I posted this in the eBay/hod/kain match up thread. I think it applies here aswell

Normally I don’t care about other match threads, but this one interests me for obvious reasons.
Something tells me this match up and the one we have Nsp/gom/ar arent very random.
Seems like it was a measure to try and avoid kain into tanking out of silver. For extra measure hod is also in the mix. So if either one even lift a finger for a good week.. its hello silver league.
Nsp on the other hand got a match where we have to actually push past the low rankings of the other server. While the other 2 kain/hod tank.
Lastly and I speak for myself/guild here. I want silver league.. I want the better constant fights. Keep your lolfinisher and blues in the reward chests. I don’t care about any of that trash. Its the fun fights that keep me playing. In bronze.. it will be a bore.

Kinda heavy on the conspiracy there, Obs =P

Gate of Madness

in WvW

moutzaheadin.4029

Ok , so you think this is just rng being rng.. ? Look at it closely. This is the perfect storm to stop Nsp from going into silver. I’m not saying that Nsp wants silver either, I’m sure most don’t. But I do.

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

in WvW

styx.7294

Ok , so you think this is just rng being rng.. ? Look at it closely. This is the perfect storm to stop Nsp from going into silver. I’m not saying that Nsp wants silver either, I’m sure most don’t. But I do.

I’m pretty sure the perfect storm wouldn’t have put Kaineng and Henge of Denravi together.

Also, somehow the perfect storm is closing the gap between Northern Shiverpeaks and Kaineng?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

its a test for just how bad the matches will get in bronze league

cant get worse than the top paired w/ the bottom 2

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Also, somehow the perfect storm is closing the gap between Northern Shiverpeaks and Kaineng?

How do you figure. With a matchup similar to the last 2 weeks NSP was gaining ranks and Kaineng was losing ranks. Kaineng losing 80+ while NSP was gaining 15+? That ment it would be nearly impossible for NSP to not overtake Kaineng. Then, as many of us saw coming, then only way for NSP to stay in bronze was if 2 things happened.

1. Kain would have to face not even matches where it would still lose massive points, but a heavy difference in at least one of the pairings. Low and behold… EBay. Ok RNG sucks, so toss that up there as it makes it harder but NSP is still climbing in ranks.

2. NSP has to have a situation where no matter what they do, play or not play… they will be FORCED to lose points in the glicko system. Put them against 1 even and 1 low and they may still gain points… only way to be sure they will lose points and stay in bronze… face them against the 2 LOWEST servers. 7 and 8 ranks away! This has never before happened in the game… the odds are very very hard to come by… and it JUST so happens that NSP got that lottery ticket in the clutch moment, on a server with a Dev that made the point to say

“I will be on NSP and I WILL be getting my achievements!”

You can add the ‘no matter the cost’ finish to that if you wish… I did.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Rush.8253

Rush.8253

I’m pretty sure the perfect storm wouldn’t have put Kaineng and Henge of Denravi together.

Actually that is the best scenario. By matching Kaineng & HoD against higher rated EBay guarantees that one or both gain rating, there by blocking any intentional “tanking” of rating. If Kaineng tries to “tank” then HoD will gain rating and if HoD tries to “tank” then Kaineng will gain rating. Coupled with the fact that NSP got both of the lowest rated servers guarantees that they will lose rating.

So now it would take a coordinated effort by 4 servers to push NSP to Silver league. Kaineng and, HoD would basically have to stop playing for the rest of the weak and let EBay have everything. GoM and Anvil Rock would have to stop playing and let NSP have everything.

End result is NSP was handed the bronze league; either by RNG or inside manipulation.

(edited by Rush.8253)

in WvW

moutzaheadin.4029

Actually that is the best scenario. By matching Kaineng & HoD against higher rated EBay guarantees that one or both gain rating, there by blocking any intentional “tanking” of rating. If Kaineng tries to “tank” then HoD will gain rating and if HoD tries to “tank” then Kaineng will gain rating. Coupled with the fact that NSP got both of the lowest rated servers guarantees that they will lose rating.

So now it would take a coordinated effort by 4 servers to push NSP to Silver league. Kaineng, HoD rock would basically have to stop playing for the rest of the weak and let EBay have everything. GoM and Anvil Rock would have to stop playing and let NSP have everything.

End result is NSP was handed the bronze league; either by RNG or inside manipulation.

This guy gets it.

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Darn you kitten “RANDOM” match up generator!! Luckily Devon doesnt play on NSP.. who was in competition for last spot in silver. Good thing this wasnt conveniently set up and Devon isnt in charge of WvW.

Lezbehonest here, the last matchup should have been HoD / KN / NSP and I think all the servers could agree on that. To the people who believe NSP even has a remote chance of moving up without GoM or AR totally not bringing 4 people into WvW. Lets see the example in the classroom.

Tom: How did NSP originally grow in rating?
Bobby: Well you see Tom, NSP fought higher ranking servers that boosted their own score while lowering the higher tier ranking because NSP was not a blowout match.
Tom: But Bobby! The matches are “random” surely it was pure luck.
Bobby: That is correct Bobby! I see you have been doing your homework! Yes, the matches were randomly generated. But don’t you find it odd that the three servers that were competing for bottom gold, and bottom silver are able to change what rank they will be in.
Bobby: Lets take SoS ranked #5 who are currently fighting SBI and SoR. We know SoR will blowout that match right?
Tom: Yup!
Bobby: Well since SoS is 3 ranks under SBI they have to simply lose by a margin to obtain TOTAL DOMINATION in the silver league! While SBI will almost guarantee positive rating since they are playing two higher ranked servers. Now, lets look at this NSP/KN/HoD predicament we have.
Tom: Oh! Oh! I know! So NSP is basically guaranteed a negative rating since they are playing such low ranked servers. While KN and HoD are fighting for silver spot. KN is basically getting negative rating since they are losing there points from the EB and driving their score down. While even if HoD does the same they will gain positive since both KN and EB are ranked higher! So it is a match of KN vs HoD!
Bobby: Very good Tom! I see you have been listening!!

This concludes class for today. Please have your homework ready for tomorrow.

TL:DR I CALL BULL KITTEN DEVON, BULL KITTENS!!!!

Have a nice day

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in WvW

styx.7294

If Devon wanted to be on a silver league server, he coulda just picked a silver league server. He didn’t need to pick a bronze league server and then spend four weeks transferring people off Kaineng so they could crash in points.

Again, your best scenario for gettin Kaineng and Northern Shiverpeaks from not switching ranks involves closing them from 40 point gap to 4 point gap on Saturday. Northern Shiverpeaks is a sneeze away from rank 15 and there’s still the rest of the week to go. Heck, Henge of Denravi can spend the entire time beating on Kaineng and maybe skip over Northern Shiverpeaks and Kaineng.

It’s gonna have to depend on the weekday performance to see how the score differences are gonna evolve because that’s what counts for point losses/gains.

Edit: Just for fun I’ll predict Kaineng does not stay 15th. I think it’s more likely Northern Shiverpeaks gets to 15 rather than Henge of Denravi but I also think it’s more likely they’ll both beat Kaineng rather than Kaineng staying 15th.

Edit2: Did anyone think the rankings would be accurate by this week when they’ve never been accurate?

Gate of Madness

(edited by styx.7294)

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I like how WvW has disappointed players so comprehensively and reached such a low that people are seriously discussing the coordinator manipulating matchups for his personal enjoyment.

in WvW

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

So exciting, I wish we can take bets on this. Looks like the odds are favoring kaineng now but if HoD risk it and take stuff from KN, they might well pull KN’s rating down enough into bronze.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Hod doesn’t have too much risk of getting into silver. they can push ppt and take more points away from kaineng if they wanted. Kaineng is losing a few more people to transfers this week as well. With the 5 point gap between kaineng and NSP it is definitely possible that NSP can end up silver.

To be honest neither server deserves to be in silver, they are all bronze level servers.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

NSP was put into the last tier for this matchup? This will guarantee them the top spot in the bronze league. Now we wouldn’t have the lead WvW designer on that server or anything would we? :p

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

NSP was put into the last tier for this matchup? This will guarantee them the top spot in the bronze league. Now we wouldn’t have the lead WvW designer on that server or anything would we? :p

The week isn’t over yet.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Look at the mos site right now. If GoM and AR predictably give up come Monday NSP wont lose enough points to stay in bronze.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Hod doesn’t have too much risk of getting into silver. they can push ppt and take more points away from kaineng if they wanted. Kaineng is losing a few more people to transfers this week as well. With the 5 point gap between kaineng and NSP it is definitely possible that NSP can end up silver.

To be honest neither server deserves to be in silver, they are all bronze level servers.

Regardless of what happens, these matchups were highly improbable via straight RNG and give NSP the best chance at staying at the top of bronze. You are on Kaineng, so you should realize just how exactly weak your server is right now. If Kaineng had a matchup with a server lower than them they would be crashing in rating much worse than they are right now.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I like how WvW has disappointed players so comprehensively and reached such a low that people are seriously discussing the coordinator manipulating matchups for his personal enjoyment.

That this conversation is happening not just here, but on every cusp server in the game points to a pretty catastrophic failure of the WvW match-up system. Now if AR and GoM get the flu, and HoD (my server) and Kain take a PvE Holiday, perhaps someone will learn what it’s like to play at the bottom of the Big-Handed Proctologist League.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Draygo.9473

HoD needs to not take a PvE holiday for kain to fall properly. HoD is the reason that kain isn’t losing 100 rating this week. Hod can drop kains rating and avoid getting into silver league themselves if they applied themselves to that goal.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

With leagues approaching I wanted to check out the current rankings and when I saw NSP’s match up I had to laugh again. NSP also seems to be putting in just enough effort to win the match and nothing else, ET had the same match last week and we were beating GoM and AR by about the same amount NSP is atm. Either GoM and AR are trying harder against worse odds than last week or NSP is trying not to get launched into silver league.

in WvW

Posted by: ZaCeze.9416

ZaCeze.9416

My money is on Kaineng getting last slot in silver

Gumiho/Warrior Dessivie/Mesmer
I’m just a dolyak with presents on its back.
Ex-Kaineng→ IOJ Magnificient

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

That this conversation is happening not just here, but on every cusp server in the game points to a pretty catastrophic failure of the WvW match-up system. Now if AR and GoM get the flu, and HoD (my server) and Kain take a PvE Holiday, perhaps someone will learn what it’s like to play at the bottom of the Big-Handed Proctologist League.

the funniest part is that if there were any sliver of trust left in most people for the devs, this conversation probably wouldn’t be happening, or would be laughed off and joked about.

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Actually if this is what the worst match up. I would say that it’s not that bad compared to first in silver VS last.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Now, NSP. If you want to be 15, then you need to go out and take it. You have a crappy match up, and you need to blow them out to get 15th.

EB is helping you out, by totally annihalating Kaineng this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

This is intense, I’m refreshing the millenium page every few hours to see the gap between NSP and Kaineng ratings inch ever closer together.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

With leagues approaching I wanted to check out the current rankings and when I saw NSP’s match up I had to laugh again. NSP also seems to be putting in just enough effort to win the match and nothing else, ET had the same match last week and we were beating GoM and AR by about the same amount NSP is atm. Either GoM and AR are trying harder against worse odds than last week or NSP is trying not to get launched into silver league.

NSP seems to have lost a fair number nightcrew of players after getting stomped 4 of the last 5 weeks before this one (SBI, then CD, then SBI, then YB and EBay with a breather between SBI and YB/Ebay).

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Actually if this is what the worst match up. I would say that it’s not that bad compared to first in silver VS last.

yeah

bronze league will actually be kinda almost competitive whether it has kain or nsp, for sure.

gold will probably be pretty bad too, not just silver.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions