[NA] Silver League: Predicted Rankings.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

IoJ will beat YB. They did handily for a couple weeks already and not much has changed on those servers. SBI is either IoJ sized or YB sized and we won’t know until FA isn’t in the mix. My guess is SBI is closer to IoJ or larger.

My picks and these are seriously up in the air:

FA
IoJ
SBI
HoD
YB
NS
CD
BP
SoR

Ioj very well might beat YB, but much HAS changed. Militia was way more important in season 1 than [one] or [SE] which left. militia left wvw between seasons for champ farms, daily world boss train, and LS farms.

Will they return as they did in season 1? Only time will tell, but they have to some extent with LS farms gone, fgs / queens dale champ trains petering out, and less doing the daily world boss train.

I have a feeling the same might be true of sbi – heavy dependence on militia……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

FA is definitely up there. It was pretty competitive last week and I actually had a hard time against their roamers in EB

You spelled the name of your server wrong in your sig. You’re on Sea of Sorrows.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

2. YB – modest 24 hr overage but I rate them #2 because their casual population is very on board with their defensive-based strategy

That’s funny because not so long ago you sounded like this:

The Bad

YB A nerf to arrowcarts would send this server to T6. Their defense culture is the only thing that is keeping them in the higher tiers.

What made you change your mind? This week’s result? Do not take that too seriously and do not count either BP or SoR out for the League.

I for my part do not want YB to repeat the result of 1st season (if we are capable of that), because it sent us to a post-season rating which did not reflect our strength, and into matches with Zombie horde servers for weeks, which wasn’t good for the morale of those who stayed after season 1 was over.

To sum it up, the exceptional effort of my server during season 1 was worth nothing and only had negative consequences. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, ANet.

My prediction:

1. FA 2. IoJ 3. SBI 4. HoD 5. any of the remaining

I mean both. YB lives and dies by it’s defense. A nerf to defensive siege would drop YB way the heck down there. However, YB has embraced that type of combat fully and has made it their own. It gives YB an edge to servers that haven’t had to face that kind of defense very much. IoJ and HoD haven’t had to do much in the way of protracted sieges, so I give a slight edge to YB.

I think you give too much credit to SBI, I think YB can take them in their current state. BP I pick to do poorly because they are still adjusting to their losses and CD has gained guilds. CD won’t beat them by much, but I think they can.

SoR, is a ghosttown and will be a non-factor. They really should be in bronze and are getting the shaft by being in this league.

(edited by Chris.3290)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Ioj very well might beat YB, but much HAS changed. Militia was way more important in season 1 than [one] or [SE] which left. militia left wvw between seasons for champ farms, daily world boss train, and LS farms.

I am only going by what happened during the IoJ/YB/BP weeks. IoJ laid the smack down on YB and BP. You can see it in recent scores:

March 1st: BP barely beats IoJ and handily beats YB. BP begins to implode with losses.

March 8th: IoJ wins by a 50k margin over both BP and YB. More players leave BP.

March 15th: IoJ handily beats both BP and YB by almost 80k points. BP continues to lose players.

March 22nd: IoJ crushes BP and YB by just over 100k.

March 27th: Still undecided but so far IoJ is beating SBI while losing to the T2 FA. YB is smashing two servers that have lost a significant population.

These numbers can change with PvE participation but hardcore WvWers will stay till the end and right now IoJ seems to have more of those.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Bp was in those matchs with IOJ and yaks bend. This week we are seeing way, way , way more yaks out than we where when we where all fighting IOj. Hell, we had 4 weeks of yaks and ioj, and BP beat yaks 3 out of those 4 weeks, now we are getting clobbered. So yaks clearly has a lot more players in wvw…though its also true that BP lost a lot of players.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

1. FA – even minus 2-4 guilds they have the most experience and can put up superior numbers in EU and NA. Their OCX and SEA are insufficient for T2, but will do the job for silver

2. YB – modest 24 hr overage but I rate them #2 because their casual population is very on board with their defensive-based strategy

3. IoJ – could very well beat YB but no idea how deep their militia lies or how skilled it may be. definitely has an edge in guild coverage and night coverage.

4. HoD – it has the numbers, but their pre-season score does not reflect that. If they actually manage the base level of organization to out blob their opponents they’ll do well. Not enough to break YB’s defense or IoJ’s coverage. Oddly, they’ll probably do better against FA than the other two.

5. SBI – I’m tempted to rank them lower, as SBI will have almost zero depth in casual interest. After two dramatic falls from grace, I’m willing to bet their “civilian” population wants nothing to do with WvW. However they retain some of their pre-season 1 numbers and those that are left have been through the gristmill… Some cases twice

6. CD – another server that could do better than this spot due to good off hours coverage. A sometimes contentious community continually is it’s own worst enemy but they could surprise.

7. BP – a short time ago this would be unthinkable and still feels odd given the talent level is still high on this server. They are still reeling from mass desertions and haven’t had time to catch their equilibrium so I expect them to underperform.

8. NSP – plenty of moxie and reportedly home to many excellent duelists and roamers. This allows their bronze-sized population to over-achieve but it’s hard to see how they could pervail against their league-mates

9. SoR – getting stuck in Silver is just the latest in a long string of indignities that has befallen this server since their crushing disappointment in the first season.

IOJ militia is 0/10
their guilds 0.5/10

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

(edited by Ruru.1302)

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

1-2)HoD/FA – FA losing two of their large guilds is gonna hurt their NA. The multiple 30+ HoD guilds will run them over. They still have the coverage to push for 1st though. It depends how much they want it.
3)IoJ
4)SBI
5)YB
6)CD
7)NSP
8)BP
9)SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Highly doubt HoD is that good. Their pugs and disorganization will just lead to an implosion fast, unless they some how manage to get commanders on the same page, and prevent tunnel visioned pug k trains

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

1-2)HoD/FA – FA losing two of their large guilds is gonna hurt their NA. The multiple 30+ HoD guilds will run them over. They still have the coverage to push for 1st though. It depends how much they want it.
3)IoJ
4)SBI
5)YB
6)CD
7)NSP
8)BP
9)SoR

lol @ HOD beating FA.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

3)IoJ
4)SBI
5)YB
6)CD
7)NSP
8)BP
9)SoR

Our NA is basically the same population wise as 2 weeks ago, we lost a couple na guilds, and a couple transfered to us, HoD is beating t5 servers by a smaller margin then FA is beating t3 servers. I would say HoD will get 3rd or 4th place.

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

(edited by Omega.9601)

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

Highly doubt HoD is that good. Their pugs and disorganization will just lead to an implosion fast, unless they some how manage to get commanders on the same page, and prevent tunnel visioned pug k trains

Pretty much this. There are a lot of PUGS out there who are up leveled and die in 1 to 2 hits in HoD, so it’s obvious they are in zerker gear. These same players also can’t fight or dodge or even use basic invuln/stun breaks to literally save their lives. I think this will be HoD’s downfall and why they will probably be middle of the pack. This will be rally bot city. I can only imagine these PvE’rs complaining loudly in map chat as well.

We’ve all seen these players with bad attitudes that won’t change up their PvE fighting style and/or armor to learn WvW first and just become rally bots. Granted they will probably improve over time or leave WvW altogether, but with some nice looking weapons being dangled in front of their face, they will populate WvW like never before. We all know zerker gear is fine with certain builds and classes, but the skill level and utilities you need to take to survive/be effective are beyond what most of these PvE’rs who are new to WvW have.

I know at CD we have a ton of them too and map chat can be a dramedy at times.

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

free transfers = silver tiers mean nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

HoD queue’ing maps in NA prime doesn’t mean much.
Most silver league servers will do that for the first few weeks.
What’s HoD’s OCX/SEA/Euro like compared to their competitors?
And does HoD have the organization/experience in fighting upper tiers guilds and servers? The whole HoD scenario screams trainwreck when leagues end.
I have no doubt HoD should be able to finish in the top 3 in silver with their population… the fun will be watching what happens when seasons end and they’re up against t3 servers full time, maybe even t2 servers.
Although I guess if there’s no repair cost anymore, I guess it won’t be quite as frustrating getting constantly run over by organized servers

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

We’ll see what HoD is made of week 2 when it’ll be FA vs YB vs HoD

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

FA is going to be hurting some this season. SBI isn’t out in full force, and IoJ and SBI were both beating FA from 1pm EST time on. I think FA will be in the top 3 or 4, but they are not a lock for first.

I don’t know what to expect from HoD, but we shall see come the 2nd week of silver, when they have to play the other 2 winners.

Should be a better season experience in silver this time around, with all the transfers that have happened (and with FA losing recently).

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

=SBI isn’t out in full force, and IoJ and SBI were both beating FA from 1pm EST time on. I think FA will be in the top 3 or 4, but they are not a lock for first.

FA has more points than both SBI and IoJ combined and it’s the last day pre-league. You’re reading WAY too much in to that.

in WvW

Deli.1302

And does HoD have the organization/experience in fighting upper tiers guilds and servers? The whole HoD scenario screams trainwreck when leagues end.
I have no doubt HoD should be able to finish in the top 3 in silver with their population… the fun will be watching what happens when seasons end and they’re up against t3 servers full time, maybe even t2 servers.
Although I guess if there’s no repair cost anymore, I guess it won’t be quite as frustrating getting constantly run over by organized servers

Their unlucky that probably the most hated/unwanted guild in NA happened to have transferred to their server.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

HOD’s NA population is huge, they have morning and afternoon NA people who don’t work or study at those times. In long term, it won’t last, they will become like mag. In short term, they will win the silver league.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I’m ready for last place CD

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

How can HoD queue that much but not steamroll everything smh

Numbers over quality…

….just numbers.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Skosh.1483

Skosh.1483

i wouldnt count IoJ out. Its gonna be FA then IoJ then HoD. Sbi and Fa we will more then likely see you tonight at reset =D good luck every1

Warrior/Ele/Necro – DR

in WvW

Chris.3290

FA lost two guilds, but their NA was T1 quality and almost in quantity before that. Make no mistake, your NA’s are going to get wrecked in the face by them. SoS had added most of Kaineng’s and Ehmry Bay’s NA, plus TW and NS; and we still ticked low against their NA.

After seeing what DB’s NA brought to the table this week; I promise that HoD will not be able to do jack against them; no matter how many maps they queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

FA lost two guilds, but their NA was T1 quality

Subtle insult too stronk 5 me

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

HoD is definitely middle tier, maybe 4 at best, based on gameplay last night. We all know Eternal is, more often than not, PuG city but this was beyond bad [Bags] and some Airstrike guild kept wiping and wiping and not adapting their playstyle. Played like 2 hours last night and they were HORRIBLE. Their main zerg ran hammer trains that were so disorganized that they wiped to a much smaller zerg of CD’s like 5 times. It was embarrassing. They didn’t even go after the elementalists in the back crushing them with ice bow showers and meteor storms. We just laughed each time when 2 elementalists kept decimating them. We also dropped null fields and wells in front of their feet and they just melted. They have no one going after the back line.

I mean hammer trains are a valid strategy, but if this is the only strategy they employ it’s good game. So easy to beat nowadays, especially with such bad organization. This server will implode if it doesn’t adapt. HoD will have a tough time against FA, IoJ, SBI, and YB that know how to deal with hammer trains easily.

They do have some good guilds [WAR], [KoME], [ERP], [FKB], {BRL], [Bsty] that will keep them up there for the NA time slot though.

(edited by Phantasmal.5631)

in WvW

Posted by: Gundail.7594

Gundail.7594

Such underestimation for HoD… wait till you witness the terror as we pile our own bodies building a corpse ladder right up into Stone Mist, spread our remains to fertilize the ferns inside and yet, still our QUEUES SHALL BLOT OUT THE SUN… but at least you can fight in the shade, no?

You guys probably hate the postal service too. Just let us deliver your packages! We’re unionized, watchout!

Really why so much hate? Anet built this creature, this monster, this HoD. We didn’t ask for life, yet you mock our soulless frame as it shambles forth feeling no pain, not even understanding it’s own existence? Shameful.

PS: I realize how much hate I’ll likely get for this from my fellow HODORians, but I make jokes because the alternative is to cry. See yall tonight provided I make it past the 6 hour Queue wall before some other poor shlep does.

Gundent
Charr Warguardmeznecrotheifrangergineer
[ETA]-HoD or wherever Mega-server-blob who cares anymore?

in WvW

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Your moms are all fat. That is all.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

What is this hated guild that hod got?

in WvW

Chris.3290

In 7 days, 8 hours, and 20 minutes from now; HoD will learn where the wall is. I suggest using this week to improve and run training.
Seriously, I’m kinda rooting for you guys but there seems to be a lot of naivete about FA, even from Silver League veterans from last season.

in WvW

Posted by: Laylie.5703

Laylie.5703

Their unlucky that probably the most hated/unwanted guild in NA happened to have transferred to their server.

Must be from CD.

In 7 days, 8 hours, and 20 minutes from now; HoD will learn where the wall is. I suggest using this week to improve and run training.
Seriously, I’m kinda rooting for you guys but there seems to be a lot of naivete about FA, even from Silver League veterans from last season.

Well while its true we have a lot of bad karma training pugs in EBG once week two hits they will all fall apart so we can get our organized guilds in there. Trust me when I say we are going to be putting up a very big fight in the weeks to come. Win or lose its all about having epic battles and having fun doing it.

|Biggus|QT|Jade Quarry|

(edited by Laylie.5703)

in WvW

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

It hurts seeing SOR predicted to be at the bottom of the ranks, though I’m not disputing that’s incredibly likely. The fallout from Season 1 hit us hard. Hope we’ll still be able to put up a bit of a fight.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

most of the hod originals don’t have delusions of grandeur in regard to what we’ll be facing, most of us remember (we’ve been there before).

the transfers, on the other hand … can’t really speak for them. they probably should have transferred to a t1/t2 server to begin with. we didn’t advertise for transfers because we were pretty content with how and where we were.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

personally I can’t wait until HoD comes back up to meet us. some of our matches with HoD have been the closest i’ve ever seen. There was even one week that we were about 300 points apart.

only time will tell…

=D

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

I don’t remember zombieland or mend transferring back!

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Yet you got someone 10x worse then both ZL and us.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Who are you guys talking about ?

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Yet you got someone 10x worse then both ZL and us.

Nothing could possibly be worse than Zombieland or Mend, sorry buddy.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Necro.6432

Necro.6432

Must be from CD.

Nah , i actually think Deli is from Dragonbrand , you gotta snap out and get your facts right , its the general idea of what your guild looks like now , good luck in the tourneeeeee gusies

Daeronz | TDS Leader | WvW Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Laylie.5703

Laylie.5703

Must be from CD.

Nah , i actually think Deli is from Dragonbrand , you gotta snap out and get your facts right , its the general idea of what your guild looks like now , good luck in the tourneeeeee gusies

Well Daeronz with the amount of hate we get from you guys on the official forums, the matchup forums, and CD’s forum its hard to tell whos who anymore. I even heard you guys have an obsession with us on your Teamspeak. We don’t really care what others think of us we play this game to have fun you all have some personal vendetta against us and have manipulated others into thinking we are a bad group of players.

Done with PvF tournament will decide who is the better players so good luck to you Daeronz and all of CD. Though you don’t deserve my respect you still have it I really can’t wait for some grudges to be settled and this whole thing put to rest.

|Biggus|QT|Jade Quarry|

(edited by Laylie.5703)

in WvW

Chris.3290

To be fair, KoME did transfer right at the start of the free transfers, effectively putting the stinkeye on their hopes of a transfer windfall.
If it’s HoD’s plan to join T3; then you did right by your new home and screw CD’s feelings on the matter. If it isn’t/wasn’t; then you might have some justifiable bad karma there.

in WvW

Posted by: Necro.6432

Necro.6432

Must be from CD.

Well Daeronz with the amount of hate we get from you guys on the official forums, the matchup forums, and CD’s forum its hard to tell whos who anymore. I even heard you guys have an obsession with us on your Teamspeak. We don’t really care what others think of us we play this game to have fun you all have some personal vendetta against us and have manipulated others into thinking we are a bad group of players.

Done with PvF tournament will decide who is the better players so good luck to you Daeronz and all of CD. Though you don’t deserve my respect you still have it I really can’t wait for some grudges to be settled and this whole thing put to rest.

There is no real hate against you guys or anything , i believe most of us take an enjoyment out of it as in competitive way and " bags" , though from your speaking , idk if a whole community could have a "personal vendetta " , i dont even know Deli , i just know that him/her is from dragonbrand from gw2wvw pvf , idk if the truth hurts from your side , but no grudges here ,we sure didnt mainpulate anyone LOL as much as…well you know , but i personally dont know deli and he/she thinks that way of you guys so ..you could ask her/him.

I’m pretty sure we haven’t met or talked before , so i respect that "Though you don’t deserve my respect you still have it " , good luck

Daeronz | TDS Leader | WvW Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

FA losing two of their large guilds is gonna hurt their NA.

They weren’t that large. Really.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Chris.3290

Anyone thinking FA is not going to run away with this needs to consult a doctor and get a CAT scan of the cranium.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Anyone thinking FA is not going to run away with this needs to consult a doctor and get a CAT scan of the cranium.

Having faced Mag, SoS, IoJ, YB and DB in recent weeks, I can say this for sure: HoD is not ready for FA. We (HoD) have numbers but EB is a disorganized mess. Will HoD improve enough to win? Probably not. Will they put up a good fight, I think so. I am excited to see how it shakes out though.

I do know one thing, I miss BP. I yearn to hear “For the Pass!” as they barrel into a vastly outnumbered situation. I think I will have to EoTM that week when we face off.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: freess.6820

freess.6820

now that the tournament is ongoing (yes I guess it is still too early), and base on the scores right now, what are your (new) rankings?

also can anyone show your servers reset queues? (screenshots would be preferred)

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

now that the tournament is ongoing (yes I guess it is still too early), and base on the scores right now, what are your (new) rankings?

also can anyone show your servers reset queues? (screenshots would be preferred)

FA has had EBG queues usualy around 30-50 on primetime, with under 10 or so on the BLs.

SBI and IOJ are putting up a decent fight, but they’re not going to win it.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

FA lost two guilds, but their NA was T1 quality and almost in quantity before that. Make no mistake, your NA’s are going to get wrecked in the face by them. SoS had added most of Kaineng’s and Ehmry Bay’s NA, plus TW and NS; and we still ticked low against their NA.

After seeing what DB’s NA brought to the table this week; I promise that HoD will not be able to do jack against them; no matter how many maps they queue.

Our NA surely wasn’t getting wrecked in the face by FA’s NA. They lost way too many guilds, and now t3 is more balanced. Actually, on reset, we had the lead for most of NA. We actually rolled FA in IoJ BL on Saturday night, and we were ticking up there with them during late NA.

Don’t even think about underestimating SBI. We come out and fight, and I am sure IoJ and FA have noticed that. Even when we are outnumbered, we keep at it. It has been a good start to the season, and I am pretty sure FA and IoJ are enjoying it as well.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Chris, stay on SoS. Their NA really isn’t doing much wrecking these days. Actually, they have been doing most of their damage in EU (as well as pulling some good numbers in OCX and SEA). The score is closer than they would like, and no one is backing down in this match.

IoJ, SBI, and FA have been having some great fights, and even though someone will win the coverage wars, no one has backed down yet.

in WvW

Deli.1302

I dunno. FA had 24/7 commander coverage in season 1. They now have a gaping hole during ocx and possible eu.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

FA has had EBG queues usualy around 30-50 on primetime, with under 10 or so on the BLs.

SBI and IOJ are putting up a decent fight, but they’re not going to win it.

On reset night, we had over 100 queue for EB, and the lowest bl we had was FA (and it was over 20)

Saturday was different, we queued all the maps at one point, but FA’s was barely queued and only for a short time. Well, until late when we queued their map and put pressure on their bay for 3 hours. Was fun as hell.

HoD, we will see how you far against FA next week. But, if you don’t know how to defend, or keep FA from getting a t3 keep, then you are screwed.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

I dunno. FA had 24/7 commander coverage in season 1. They now have a gaping hole during ocx and possible eu.

Their OCX and EU are doing more than fine right now. We will see during the week, but, so far that seems to be their strong point.