New Update Killing Pugs.

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Even if pugs suffer, group gameplay is ALOT better. You can now organize into 5 man squads getting the most of each individual class rather than having a random moshpit of buffing/stacking/stability/cleansing/healing/whatever.

Its much more fun playing in a guild now and I even see a noticable difference in the field – smaller groups, less zergs. And when facing the odd zerg, smaller guild groups are stronger. Or maybe its just the halloween update, lol. But moral of the story, isnt this what we all wanted?!

Pugs are an acceptable loss. Just join a random group, its not that hard to ask.

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

You can’t control how people play, but you can control your groups play. So, be a good example. If they die, they die, but your team will win. And eventually the others will get it, and follow how to do it right.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I’m grateful to any update that encourages random PuGs to engage more with their communities andon VoiP more.

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

They finally make a change to give skilled, organised players a tool to use against blobs of mindless spammers, and people still complain ^^

Best change since culling.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I love this change. Now I can be sure my party gets the buffs instead of the random scrubs and uplevels who decide to tag along for whatever reason. Better my party get the buffs that they would need during a crucial moment like stability rather than hoping it hits them and instead some random person who is just rally bait anyway ends up getting hit by it instead.

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I think overall this is a good thing- there are positives (I can now buff my team) and negatives (the most obvious being if I’m a ranged class I don’t want to be running next to the warriors in the middle of the battle when the shouts come off cooldown).

The other problem is sometimes the persons nearest you might actually really need the shout/buff/cleanse that will now be applied to your 100% healthy teammate who just happens to be in range.

Of course if we’re all playing warrior/guardian/necro then it won’t matter as we’ll all be in one big blob in a ball anyway so your team mates will be right next to you.

More power to the blob!

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Everyone plays warrior now anyway since it’s the current fotm OP class, so it shouldn’t matter anyway. It’s not like it’s difficult to find a warrior to party with to give you buffs. Throw a rock and you’ll hit atleast 2 of them in wvw.

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

if prioritize is working as intended then i full support this change .

also it helps the roaming guilds to do better parties setups and not affected by roamers out of guilds.

my opinion is that this change is to the right direction in www fights

p.s. i also love the fix of the guardian healing signet . so far i reverse with my guardian a stonemist mega blob fight by resurrecting the lord

(edited by Reborn.2934)

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

well, all you need to do is form a random party…. shout lfg…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

What about this: if you’re fighting someone you don’t know what party he’s in.

Previously, if you pull someone out of a zerg, you know for a fact he’s at your mercy and the zerg can’t help him. Now, if he’s partied, say, with a warrior — that warrior can give him swiftness from within the zerg 1200 distance away.

It mostly bothers me in a theoretical sense because you have zero access to the information about your opponent’s party.

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Will we start to see in the World chat:

LF2M Guardians for WvW?

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This is a great change, and I disagree entirely with the OP of this thread.

Aye. But its also buggy.

As a DnD ele, i have tried being the aura fella. Not sure if lag related, but its not working perfectly in a grp of 5. Also radius needs to be increased by 100 units

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

If they insist on keeping it then it should also work in reverse, meaning those who are not in a group will only share buffs and condition removal with others who are not in a group.

This is a must or its simply uneven for a pug, why should that pug share their benefits with you if nothing is given back in exchange.

(edited by dan.3618)

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Miguel.2653

Miguel.2653

Never but if you know about parties you wouldn’t have asked that question.

you’re speaking in an extremely hypothetical situation where you assume you would pick up “the right classes” in your party. So if you don’t pick up a guardian, a warrior, etc, you don’t get these boons? If you’re a thief, or ranger, where noone wants you in the party, you don’t deserve to get these crucial boons when you most need it?
or should we treat this game as our second job, and we’re forced to roll classes that we don’t like to play with.

I give a +1 to this comment, the words ‘u must have’ or ‘u should join a party with x’ sounds more like a job than a game.

Anet promised a not classic holy trinity gameplay, if u must be in a party with a guardian or a warrior, or be 1 of them to get a party, this is even worst than the original holy trinity.

How ever, I’ve seen in my server, ‘veterans pugs’ beat hammer trains taking advantage of the predictible they are, splitting around and killing them little by little, with boon removals

Tzzil (Mesmer / Mag)
Tzilacatzin (Ranger / Maguuma)

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Kandirma.2085

Kandirma.2085

If they insist on keeping it then it should also work in reverse, meaning those who are not in a group will only share buffs and condition removal with others who are not in a group.

This is a must or its simply uneven for a pug, why should that pug share their benefits with you if nothing is given back in exchange.

You ARE sharing with pugs though, your party just takes priority…

real world example:
If you’re in a group of 30 people carpooling to a concert, and your car can hold 6 including yourself, and you’re good friends 4 people there, you’re gonna pick them first, then get 1 more person to put in your car.

If you only see 3 your 4 friends there (the 1st is ‘out of range’) then you let 2 random people from the carpool into your car. That doesn’t mean that your 4th friend doesn’t still need a ride though, and ultimately someone else will give him a ride.

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

DAOC small group vs large group, a small group could actually win against a larger group because of teamwork tactics etc.. Uncontrolled AOE damage breaks all CC.
I think this is a good step into making WvW battles into a more skill factor.
Tagging everything with a bigger group isn’t anymore the only thing you have to do in a large fight. No more easy mode, you actually have to play to get your rewards.

To the OP, why tag alone? why not ask to join the guild? This isn’t WoW, most guilds don’t have rules about X days you have to be online.
Not being on teamspeak, not having a teambuild or know how the guild works, just makes you a reliability for the guild. I have seen +10 people rally from a tag along player many times.. And we already play most of the times vs groups with more people.
Most of the time tag along players are just there for the rewards.. just tagging as much as possible.(leeching .. not all of them)
Also some guilds don’t want to grow into a big blob because it will create lag. A few tagging along could end up into like more none guildies running with a guild group then guild members.

Engies(elixir B ) and ele(with boon duration) can also bring good stability. I am also not sure if the CC problem wasn’t caused by bugs.
And with the new patch, with the stacking duration conditions, cripple etc.. cleansing also become very important… Other classes can help with that with the right builds.
So instead of every one going for builds and weapons to do as much crit damage and tag as many as possible people. People should start looking more at team builds.. Bring more stability and cleansing
In PUG groups , if no one will group, I think it works like before.. 5 random close people will get the boons. So raiding with normal pug zergs you still got boons like you normally did.

(edited by Dutchares.6084)

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Skills prioritizing party members seems fair, as long as players not in party prioritize other solo players.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

“Does anyone have an open party I can join?”

Solved your problem.

that’s the thing, if you just randomly invite people into your party, and there isn’t enough classes to share around and balance things out. When the people around you wants to cross 1 line of warding, what’s the point if your party member a bit further back who’s ranging gets the stability? or what’s the point of a party with ranger, mesmers, eles etc, who cannot really give up stability to other people.

If you are that worried about group just join a guild that has the play-style you are looking for.
Plz stop playing the devils advocate against such an amazing change, i can finally count 100% on my party members…

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Weird I thought this was already part of the game, I remember reading the wiki a year ago to check up and confirm the 5 max target and saw this:

“An area of effect skill may only affect a maximum of 5 targets, determined by proximity: Only the 5 closest enemies to the centerpoint of the area of effect will be affected. Similiarly, when affecting allies, closest party members are affected first, followed by closest non-party member allies. "

Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Area_of_effect

Ether way I see no problem with it, left over buffs still affect pugs and randoms. I rather this and have a controlled buff than randomly getting buffs then randomly have no buffs.

[DONE]

New Update Killing Pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

Skills prioritizing party members seems fair, as long as players not in party prioritize other solo players.

Very much this.

I like playing solo. I’ve played in groups, I’ve played on voice chat, I’ve done coordinated stuff. I don’t like it. I don’t take the game that seriously. I don’t want to sit and talk to 20 other people, or group up with some guys I don’t know, I’m not interested in making friends or getting to know anyone, I don’t want to talk, and I definitely don’t like being in guilds. Yes, I’ve tried it, no I didn’t like it. I just want to keep to myself and play the game.

There are other people like me.

That said, I am a team player and I play a pure support / healing +75% boon shout guardian. I think if the grouped players are already apparently keeping their boons to themselves, there’s no reason that my skills should ever prioritize them over the other solo players who aren’t getting anything. (Quite frankly, that’s how boon distribution should work in the first place — prioritize the guys who don’t already have it.) You’re supporting your own group, and that’s fine, but there are going to be others playing that need buffs too, and I don’t need well-off players leeching my power when other guys don’t have anyone helping them.

You don’t get to choose the people that need your help.

dragonbrand—