No Ascended Armors in WvW!!!!!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Joxer.4807

Joxer.4807

Ascended Armours would be the end of any competitive WvW and destroy the spirit of the game. We are talking about 6 objects not a single weapon that is already a very bad thing. People without ascended armours would have a huge disadvantage so WvW only players would be forced to farm a lot of time in PvE just to create a single set for a single character. I hate PvE. I just bought this game for WvW and I don’t want to farm. Don’t even dare about to talk of materials all droppable in WvW because we all know that dragonite ore drops in WvW are ridiculous and moreover you need like 250 g to craft a single ascended weapon.

So if you don’t want to destroy WvW you must downgrade ascended armours to exotic when a player join WvW. This way PvE players would have their advantage but would not affect competitive game.

I know that you won’t do this because ascended armours are a good way to incentive the buying of gems but remember your promise of a farming free experience especially in WvW.

Aurin Striate – Engineer – Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

They got rid of the “no farming” way of thinking the minute they announced Ascended trinkets. It was the breach that brought on the stat creep. It is to late to stop because everyone allowed them to do the first step.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Joxer.4807

I hate ascended trinkets too but at least it’s possible to obtain them just playing in WvW and with easy guild missions with the totally absurd exception of backs that forces you to farm Fractal (!!).

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Ascended stats do not bother me.

Would like to be able to get backs from other than fractals but I don’t see that changing. At least the item needed to craft isn’t too rare of a drop and should usually be obtainable before fractal level 10.

I believe the discussion about ascended was a week or two ago. Really still a bit fresh. Topic hadn’t been in the ground long enough to get a little dirty. Must we cover it again so soon? People are riled up about the dev and GvG right now, you may take away their steam.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Ostra.3927

Thats the problem. If you allow once… it will continue to go on. A small increase is okay? Why not a smaller one over that… and that? Thats the point.

Its to late for GW2 to be what it could have been… best to just bide your time and keep an eye on other games coming out. GW2 had the chance to be something unique… they turned it into the same ol same ol but people saying "A few trinkets are not a big deal’

in WvW

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

The bloodlust buff is a much larger issue than ascended ever will be.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

I can’t believe people are still crying about ascended weapons/armor being added in.

Have you even looked at the stats the weapons give? It’s garbage. Not even remotely close to being worth it. If I make myself TWO one handed ascended weapons totaling almost 100 gold worth of material, I would get the following stat improvements TOTAL:

8 Power
.3% crit chance (yes, there’s a decimal there)
0% crit damage

A SINGLE stack of might gives about 4 times more power.

Have you ever had a 1v1 against someone and have it come down to both players having 10hp left? Where 8 power would have made a difference? Nope. Doesn’t happen.

If you can’t beat someone wearing exotics while you wear rares, you won’t beat them even if you wear exotics. Simple as that.

in WvW

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

^ this. If you can’t beat people in rares, you need to improve your play.

WvW is never fair. That’s what keeps it interesting. Honestly, having one random person from another server bump into your duel is going to kill you a lot faster than just one person wearing ascended gear.

We need to be honest, the ascended weapons are a gold/mat sink to balance out the economy. If we didn’t have ascended weapons, people would complain about how it is too easy to be a commander.

Inir [CAT]

in WvW

Posted by: luckywaldo.6089

luckywaldo.6089

I can’t believe people are still crying about ascended weapons/armor being added in.

Do you think problems magically go away when nothing changes?

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer
Ars Est Mortem ~ Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

and with easy guild missions with the totally absurd exception of backs that forces you to farm Fractal (!!) toss a few things in the mystic forge.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Galwrath.9302

Lord Galwrath.9302

They got rid of the “no farming” way of thinking the minute they announced Ascended trinkets. It was the breach that brought on the stat creep. It is to late to stop because everyone allowed them to do the first step.

Ascended was in development even before the game was released. They just didn’t want to say it because it would lower sales.

Kristal Dessertz
[NA]

in WvW

Ostra.3927

No debate here fellas. Its the truth and fact and been proven again and again in mmos for years.

See ya at the expansion that adds lvl 90 gear that you get to start all over with grinding for…

in WvW

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

yes orbs/food/stacks are ok, ascended is really going to ruin “competitive” play in wvw.

lol

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Atm Ascended weapons are just a way to sell gems and nothing more. Beyond farming till you are delerious, there is no way to make a single weapon in the 2 week period they suggested as the norm.

I feel like I am playing Farmville atm.

If they bring in Ascended armor. Make it purchasable with Badges. 400-500 badges for a piece. Its too many pieces to grind parts of the game you hate for.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

They said they were looking into making WvW more on par with PvE rewards. I hope this is one of the things they include in this. It would make this an achievable goal just by playing the game in the way that you wanted to. I would push for that instead of downgrading people to exotic.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I can collect 50 emp fragments in less than an hour in pve. it would take several days in wvw to get that many. lol. sure they want their wvwvw players. lol.

i can get 50 dragonite in less than an hour in pve. it could take weeks to get that much in wvw.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Thats the problem. If you allow once… it will continue to go on. A small increase is okay? Why not a smaller one over that… and that? Thats the point.

Its to late for GW2 to be what it could have been… best to just bide your time and keep an eye on other games coming out. GW2 had the chance to be something unique… they turned it into the same ol same ol but people saying "A few trinkets are not a big deal’

This. The stat grind of Ascended armor and the sure-to-be-coming level cap increases are dooming WvW (and that’s independent of how badly the devs are treating WvW). The only question is the timeline.

From the success of WvW (way beyond dev expectations as simply a funnel to move PvE’ers to sPvP), it seems there’s a good market for a WvW-like game (open world, play as you want, no pressure, casual, etc). We just have to hope that some game company will take this concept and do it correctly.

Hopefully before WvW dies its final death, we’ll have some other game to move on to.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

and with easy guild missions with the totally absurd exception of backs that forces you to farm Fractal (!!) toss a few things in the mystic forge.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Condensed_Mists_Essence

Guess where you get these?

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Have you even looked at the stats the weapons give? It’s garbage. Not even remotely close to being worth it. If I make myself TWO one handed ascended weapons totaling almost 100 gold worth of material, I would get the following stat improvements TOTAL:

8 Power
0% crit damage

Have you ever had a 1v1 against someone and have it come down to both players having 10hp left? Where 8 power would have made a difference? Nope. Doesn’t happen.

If you can’t beat someone wearing exotics while you wear rares, you won’t beat them even if you wear exotics. Simple as that.

I think you need to take a look at weapon damage.

Damage done = (Weapon Strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

When the comparative Weapon Strength between Ascended/Exotic is 106.06060606…%, that is approximately a 6% increase in damage with everything.

Ascended weapons give far more than the minuscule amounts of power, precision, etc… you get.

To the guy who mentioned that you should be able to beat people in Rares: Yes, you can have a vast amount of skill higher than your opponents, I win 1v2+’s all the time. But do you know what the difference between having Rare weapons versus Ascended weapons is? At the very least (only taking into account Weapon Damage, not even considering infusions/stat increases) it is a +20% damage increase if you’re the player with Ascended weapons. Now you can beat people with better gear than you, but being at a 20% disadvantage because you don’t have gear that takes a fair bit of effort to grind out seems a little excessive. The issue will be compounded when Armor comes out. Those without Ascended gear will not only be at a 20% damage disadvantage, they will be at a 10-15% damage resistance disadvantage, depending on how much toughness they bring.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

(edited by Da Sonic.6521)

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

If I make myself TWO one handed ascended weapons totaling almost 100 gold worth of material, I would get the following stat improvements TOTAL:

8 Power
0% crit damage

You are ignoring base weapon damage increase for some reason which is about 5% between exotic and ascended/legendary two-handers.

Btw that’d be 18 power, if you count two infusion slots.

Difference between rare and exotic gear set is like having food or not (102 major and 75 minor stat, is that correct? Didn’t count it myself).

P.S. Da Sonic has beat me to it. Should have read the whole topic before replying

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Ascended Armours would be the end of any competitive WvW and destroy the spirit of the game. We are talking about 6 objects not a single weapon that is already a very bad thing. People without ascended armours would have a huge disadvantage so WvW only players would be forced to farm a lot of time in PvE just to create a single set for a single character. I hate PvE. I just bought this game for WvW and I don’t want to farm. Don’t even dare about to talk of materials all droppable in WvW because we all know that dragonite ore drops in WvW are ridiculous and moreover you need like 250 g to craft a single ascended weapon.

So if you don’t want to destroy WvW you must downgrade ascended armours to exotic when a player join WvW. This way PvE players would have their advantage but would not affect competitive game.

I know that you won’t do this because ascended armours are a good way to incentive the buying of gems but remember your promise of a farming free experience especially in WvW.

An ascended six-piece of rings, trinkets, amulets, and back already exist. /thread

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

<- Agrees to OP and is protesting against ascended by not getting any.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

From 2 hours of effort per backpiece. OHNO

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

LOL @ competitive play in WvW .Guess i missed it between Coverage>Population>Arrowcarts>Ranks>Bloodlust

…so far

in WvW

Joxer.4807

I played much more than 2 hours in Fractal (5-6) and had not that stupid drop. Moreover even when you drop it you still need a huge amount of money to take the back without keeping farming in fractal.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

@OP:

Stop being lazy and just make the armor. It will not end anything related to WvW.

^Totally rotten mentality. Games are ment to be played for fun, WvW as a PvP form shouldn’t be a “Play-PvE TO WIN”. kitten PvE, it’s garbage.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I’ve done 22 <10 fracts in the last weeks and not gotten one.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Oh, one of these threads.

The same logic applies to legendaries – I wonder what people would say if you said “no legendaries in WvW”.

The current zerg meta smooths out/diminishes any benefit you get from having ascended gear. If the entire group has ascended gear then they would have an advantage – but as you pointed out this isn’t problem because ascended gear isn’t a reality for most WvW players. That is, if you exclude the ascended merchant in WvW.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in WvW

Joxer.4807

Legendaries could downgrade to exotic weapons stats too.
Anyway WvW is not at all only a zerg vs zerg thing but it’s also made of duels and small fights for camps and control points for bloodlust. Morning and afternoon there are often fights between small groups even for keeps.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

WvW has a lot of issues, the impacts of ascended gear wouldn’t be anywhere close to the top of the priority list for me. I do not see it as a big issue.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I’ve done 22 <10 fracts in the last weeks and not gotten one.

I got mine after about 9 fractal runs.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Joxer.4807

9 runs means really a lot of hours of farming just to get part of the ascended back. After that drop you still need a huge amount of money if you don’t keep farming fractal.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

So why isn’t the vial of essence needed for the backpack available from WvWvW again? Didn’t anet promise in November that everything would be available via wvw? Some of us don’t want to suffer through 10+ fractal runs to get that drop. We’d rather have a chance after 20 hours in wvw. Why is this so difficult to implement? My only conclusion is that anet wants to force us to do the stupid fractals. Don’t give me the “it’s easy” answer. The drops can take up to 20 fractal runs, and for those of us who HATE fractals, that’s sheer torture.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

The ascended trinkets are not at all bad. Minimal gain and you get them naturally from WvW (except for the backpiece). The weapons aren’t too bad, but you really do need to PVE for them, and it is a bit of a grind, since the events that yield some of the mats are difficult to get into (Teq) or infrequently occurring.

If they make ascended armor JUST as easy to get via WvW as the trinkets, it will be OK. But if they make it so you need to do PVE to get them, then that will be a bit of power creep that could create the “have’s and have not’s” in WvW.

The other problem, which people haven’t talked about I don’t think, is that if Ascended armor adds armor value, that will hurt direct damage builds MORE than condition builds. This could create unintended imbalance…

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

5 ascended trinkets, 3 ascended weapons, guard leech, applied fortitude, 25 stacks of bloodlust… When I am running full tilt, I certainly have an advantage over a casual player. When ascended armor hits if it scales like other items in the game, I will have a HUGE advantage over other players.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Madam Pomfrey.4162

Madam Pomfrey.4162

I can collect 50 emp fragments in less than an hour in pve. it would take several days in wvw to get that many. lol. sure they want their wvwvw players. lol.

i can get 50 dragonite in less than an hour in pve. it could take weeks to get that much in wvw.

I think you are doing something wrong in wvw then. Cause I have 750 of each and destroyed at least twice as many and I play mostly wvw. I just hate when my characters gets all excited about the “spoils of battle” when I think “This garbage again!”

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Flogging a dead horse, Anet doesn’t care about balance in WvW. Actually they do care, WvW is intended to be unbalanced. Depending on the time needed to craft a set, I might actually just quit this game.
After the introduction of ascended armor, I will just not be competitive any more. But, WvW is for casuals right?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

moreover you need like 250 g to craft a single ascended weapon.

Beyond farming till you are delerious, there is no way to make a single weapon in the 2 week period they suggested as the norm.

250g to craft a single weapon? I made mine with under 50g, which was all the gold I had from launch until I started a 4-5 month break, coming back the day before the ascended weapons patch…

4 days to level, from 400-500 artificer a few days later I had all the mats for the scepter. I now have 3 weps and enough mats for several more as well as 2/3 professions maxed (last one is at 470), the only thing holding me back is deciding which I want next…

Farming the mats is quick and easy if you take a second to think it through…

8 Power
0% crit damage

Yep, Ascended gives way to much of an advantage

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

8 Power
0% crit damage

My pet will have both weaker attacks and weaker defense against full ascended :/ that’s awful. I’m talking full ascended; since ascended is basically ahead of exotics by a jump equivalent to 1/2 a gear step from what I recall in forum discussions. You claim the stats are low but how about full ascended? Hmmmm

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in WvW

Ostra.3927

and those stats are wrong. It is not taking in the base damage increase of the weapon.