Perplexity needs to be changed.

in WvW

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

This needs to be adressed. It is just ridiculous how strong it is and it needs to be changed. I expected changes in the last patch, but nothing happened so I just took some random footage from my stream and put it in a video. To show you how easy it is to stack up the confusion coming from the interuption bonus of the rune set.

The broken part of the rune is each interrupt adds 5 stacks of confusion for 10 seconds duration without internal cooldown, which allows you to stack 25 confusion without too much effort.

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

This needs to be adressed. It is just ridiculous how strong it is and it needs to be changed. I expected changes in the last patch, but nothing happened so I just took some random footage from my stream and put it in a video. To show you how easy it is to stack up the confusion coming from the interuption bonus of the rune set.

The broken part of the rune is each interrupt adds 5 stacks of confusion for 10 seconds duration without internal cooldown, which allows you to stack 25 confusion without too much effort.

You could argue, and I would argue that the on-hit confusion is also quite overpowered when compared with other runes, compeltely ignoring the obviously overpowered 6 bonus with no internal cooldown.

However you happen to be playing a class that can easily an fluidly stack up multiple interrupts, which isn’t the case for all classes.

Just look at tormenting runes 4 bonus vs. the 4 bonus from perplexity. Confusion on hit vs. 15% longer torment? That isn’t even in the same ballpark.

I do like the runes, and use them now, as they are one of the few rune sets that feels like it makes a difference. It would be nice if there were other on-hit runes out there for other effects, or on-interrupt (with ICD of course).

This will certainly get patched next patch, but I don’t think it is as big a problem right now as you make it out to be. Most of the people you beat the tar out of, you would likely have beat the tar out of without the 22 stacks of confusion.

Now if you want to look at hammer train warriors who stack 9 on an AOE skill, and coordination of that with necros, that can very much be a big problem

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

No player should be able to pile on 25 stacks of any stackable condition in solo play. Just looking at it the rune ability it is missing its cooldown. For example Rune of Tormenting has this “15% Torment Duration and AoE 2 Stacks of Torment on Heal (20s cooldown)”.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Runes of perplexity are strong and think need to be toned down. I think they way they work is fine just the amount of confusion or the duration of the confusion they apply is a bit much.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

This will certainly get patched next patch, but I don’t think it is as big a problem right now as you make it out to be. Most of the people you beat the tar out of, you would likely have beat the tar out of without the 22 stacks of confusion.

I just took some random footage from the stream, not trying to show skill or anything. Just showing how easy it is to apply the confusion.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Use the search function and stop making new threads about the same thing.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Bura of Pacra.1589

Bura of Pacra.1589

I personally feel this is on the same level as a perma-stealth/blind thief or terrormancer.

The thief can keep up blind for the duration of a 1v1 fight, and the necromancer can maintain fear if used properly.

And just like most 1v1 situations, this rune set is pretty much moot in a zerg vs. zerg battle.

Just my two cents.

Artificer Yaxley – Rabid condition engineer

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I just don’t know if this as big a problem as people think it is tbh. This is like the 3rd thread on these runes in the WvW section and they don’t last on the front page for longer than a day. They get alot of views and very little replies in comparison the best one was the first one and that still didnt get alot of replies compared to views.

The runes biggest impact is small man and roaming and most people tend to agree that when it starts becoming a zerg v zerg the impact of these runes isn’t even noticeable.

They might put a icd on the 6 piece they might not I honestly think its 50/50.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I personally feel this is on the same level as a perma-stealth/blind thief or terrormancer.

The thief can keep up blind for the duration of a 1v1 fight, and the necromancer can maintain fear if used properly.

And just like most 1v1 situations, this rune set is pretty much moot in a zerg vs. zerg battle.

Just my two cents.

and now imagine if they would allow fear to work as an interrupt…….perma fear, 25 stacks of confusion. i got the feeling though that anet will hit that rune with a big nerf soon as a rune by itsself should not provide free access to a condition and make it stack that high, it should however strengthen confusionbuilds.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Bura of Pacra.1589

Just my two cents.

and now imagine if they would allow fear to work as an interrupt…….perma fear, 25 stacks of confusion. i got the feeling though that anet will hit that rune with a big nerf soon as a rune by itsself should not provide free access to a condition and make it stack that high, it should however strengthen confusionbuilds.

What about the sigil of earth being able to rack up bleeds insanely fast with traits and a crit build?

Perplexity requires predictive play, and if the opponent is not smart enough to learn how to control CC, then they should be punished.

If someone pops stability, then my approach is kind of broken. My magnet won’t work, my shield knock-back is nullified, etc., etc.

I think the rune is fair, and I’ve always liked confusion.

in WvW

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Just my two cents.

What about the sigil of earth being able to rack up bleeds insanely fast with traits and a crit build?

Perplexity requires predictive play, and if the opponent is not smart enough to learn how to control CC, then they should be punished.

If someone pops stability, then my approach is kind of broken. My magnet won’t work, my shield knock-back is nullified, etc., etc.

Apperently you’ve never played against a P/D + D/P thief with the runes. You try to CC? Interrupted. Try to heal or Cleanse? Interrupted. They need an ICD at the very least of 10 seconds.

in WvW

selan.8354

Just my two cents.

not really 60% possibility and 2 sec cd is nothing like every interrupt u get to inflict 5 stacks for 10 seconds.
certain classes have very little stability and also u get cc’ed a lot in wvw and honestly during a bigger fight there is not much predicting. in spvp and small roaming maybe.but try as a mesmer to avoid cc of chain stunning warrior,engi or thief.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

I see no reason to change them, I have not even seen them used in game and my server is playing some fairly heavy hitters lately (not doing great but playing them) I am on dragonbrand.

in WvW

selan.8354

I see no reason to change them, I have not even seen them used in game and my server is playing some fairly heavy hitters lately (not doing great but playing them) I am on dragonbrand.

so u think 25 stack in a few seconds is ok then?

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Bura of Pacra.1589

so u think 25 stack in a few seconds is ok then?

The problem is with the warrior trait.

I personally believe that confusion should only exist in utility skills/runes/sigils.

(maybe in mesmer traits, but no other class makes sense.)

in WvW

oZii.2864

Just my two cents.

Apperently you’ve never played against a P/D + D/P thief with the runes. You try to CC? Interrupted. Try to heal or Cleanse? Interrupted. They need an ICD at the very least of 10 seconds.

It’s not that good on P/D+D/P thief I have it on my thief and while you can build stacks on a spammer if they don’t do anything you can’t kill them because its the only condi you stacked on your D/P off set. Then you switch to P/D to try to put bleeds on and you don’t have ini to cloak and dagger. You don’t have bleed duration because you have these runes on so you can use the runes but trying to build 25 stacks uses up your ini pretty fast and you can’t actually stack anything that kills.

{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Okay engineers and warriors use this best , thiefs come in 3rd, good mesmers should know how handy this rune is, I’ve got a buddy who plays an asura necro and he’s hualing kitten with it, I’ll talk my ranger mate into making a condition build with it, and when I get home I’m going to make a condition guardian (place your bets, who thinks I can doit) I believe some one has also said condition eles are viable with it now, so if no one sees this as game breaking then please go back to pve and stay out of PvP business

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Bura of Pacra.1589

Okay engineers and warriors use this best , thiefs come in 3rd, good mesmers should know how handy this rune is, I’ve got a buddy who plays an asura necro and he’s hualing kitten with it, I’ll talk my ranger mate into making a condition build with it, and when I get home I’m going to make a condition guardian (place your bets, who thinks I can doit) I believe some one has also said condition eles are viable with it now, so if no one sees this as game breaking then please go back to pve and stay out of PvP business

Just to clarify, do you like the rune, or do you want it nerfed to hell like half the people here?

in WvW

ukuni.8745

Just to clarify, do you like the rune, or do you want it nerfed to hell like half the people here?

I main an engineer and use the kitten out of it, i also made a video for it I’d link it but I’m on my phone but my youtube channel is ukuni99, I also made the first topic for nerfing it, I like it but it’s definitely over powered, I’d prefer to see it amplify confusion builds not be the staple point for every condition build which it is very quickly becoming

Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Bura of Pacra.1589

I main an engineer and use the kitten out of it, i also made a video for it I’d link it but I’m on my phone but my youtube channel is ukuni99, I also made the first topic for nerfing it, I like it but it’s definitely over powered, I’d prefer to see it amplify confusion builds not be the staple point for every condition build which it is very quickly becoming

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

I just hope it’s not nerfed into uselessness like 90% of the runes we have now.

in WvW

ukuni.8745

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

I just hope it’s not nerfed into uselessness like 90% of the runes we have now.

Yea I agree, that’s why I started the first topic so we could be constructive about how it needs to be nerfed but as with every thing on these forums everything goes down hill when you say nerf, I personally hate it when people use the it doesn’t work in a zerg excuse to justify it since every other condition faces the same issue in a zerg, especially considering the amount of people want better small group action in wvw

Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I took my Technobabble Build, and ended up modifying it to make use of this Rune

I can understand why the Runes have the Long Duration, cause otherwise say if the Confusion was 4 seconds in duration it’d never go off cause the person was interrupted during it or something.

I think Anet added it to punish spammers to be honest…and ever since the confusion nerfs they’ve been more prevalent, Hell even I do it cause the damage of even 5 stacks if easily ignorable.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I have been wondering why the runes didn’t have an internal cooldown. Something like 15 seconds or so. The reasoning for this is quite simple: the proc on the x6 bonus is superior to every confusion skill in the game.

Every. Single. One. Let me give some examples:

Confusing Images: 5 stacks for 5 seconds. 15 second recharge.
Pry Bar: 5 stacks for 5 seconds. 15 second recharge.
Concussion Bomb: 5 stacks for 5 seconds. 18 second recharge.
Pain Inverter: 3 stacks for 5 seconds, 30 second recharge.
Sonic Shriek: 5 stacks for 5 seconds. 25 second recharge.
Cry of Frustration with Illusionary Retribution: 6 stacks for 3 seconds. 30 second recharge.

Notice a trend? Highest is 5 stacks for 5 seconds, at a 15 second recharge.

The rune set gives 5 stacks for 10 seconds, no recharge. The only limit to this is whatever access you have to interrupts, and many classes can stack a whole lot of interrupts. This rune set gives confusion twice as potent as every other confusion skill in the game, and it does this as freely as your ingenuity permits.

There is nothing about it that doesn’t scream “overpowered”. Those runes are awesome, and I want to have them on nearly every condition set I own. The only thing stopping me is the fact that I am almost certain that they’ll be nerfed in the future. If they aren’t nerfed, then the entirety of 1 vs. 1 combat becomes dictated by a rune set from strictly temporary content.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in WvW

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

when these start to matter in zergs they might be nerfed in till then who cares. running around looking for 1v1 dose nothing to help your server win a wvw matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

try a condition necro giving you everything in the book plus plenty of stacks of confusion. dropped 15k hp in less than 5s. Torment and this rune of perplexity needs to be fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

I have been wondering why the runes didn’t have an internal cooldown. Something like 15 seconds or so. The reasoning for this is quite simple: the proc on the x6 bonus is superior to every confusion skill in the game.

Every. Single. One. Let me give some examples:

Confusing Images: 5 stacks for 5 seconds. 15 second recharge.
Pry Bar: 5 stacks for 5 seconds. 15 second recharge.
Concussion Bomb: 5 stacks for 5 seconds. 18 second recharge.
Pain Inverter: 3 stacks for 5 seconds, 30 second recharge.
Sonic Shriek: 5 stacks for 5 seconds. 25 second recharge.
Cry of Frustration with Illusionary Retribution: 6 stacks for 3 seconds. 30 second recharge.

Notice a trend? Highest is 5 stacks for 5 seconds, at a 15 second recharge.

The rune set gives 5 stacks for 10 seconds, no recharge. The only limit to this is whatever access you have to interrupts, and many classes can stack a whole lot of interrupts. This rune set gives confusion twice as potent as every other confusion skill in the game, and it does this as freely as your ingenuity permits.

There is nothing about it that doesn’t scream “overpowered”. Those runes are awesome, and I want to have them on nearly every condition set I own. The only thing stopping me is the fact that I am almost certain that they’ll be nerfed in the future. If they aren’t nerfed, then the entirety of 1 vs. 1 combat becomes dictated by a rune set from strictly temporary content.

Looks to me that you have limited knowldge about the game .

Warrior master trait in strenght -Distracting Strikes – applies 4 stacks of confusion for 8 seconds. .

Also why you say no recharge ? It’s not like cc’s don’t have cooldowns and someone can just endlesly spam them.And most cc’s have a lot longer cooldowns then the skills you posted .Thief as an exception but he would waste all his initiative and wouldn’t kill anyone on just confusion( and even worse ,get killed himself )

Rune only aplies 5 stacks so you basicly need to interrupt 5 times to get to 25 stack .Gl having 5 ccs equiped(and all of them interrupt an oponet’s action too).War can get 9 because of the trait,but since it sits in power makes any condition build kinda useless.Also the warriors weapons that have ccs are pure power based so either you go condi build with no bleeds/burns at all(gl with that),or you go power wich will make the damage of confusion unoticeable making the runes subpar.

They are nice runes for some lolz,but OP? not even close.Try fighting against a decent player.

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

All they need to do in my opinion. Change it from the Confusion on Interrupt to “25% Increased Confusion Damage” This would remove the silly 25stack bursting that some classes can do while not ruining it (like Tormenting!)

It might sound high, but seeing other then the 4/6 and the Warrior Trait which also needs its time reduced to about 4seconds, no skill gives 10seconds of confusion.

in WvW

ukuni.8745

@mini

I have fought many good players with this and I’ll tell you what happens, there condition removal has no chance to keep up with the confusion stacking and they are forced to either run away or eat the confusion damage, there is no losing with this rune unless you are a very bad player

Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Well, I main necromancer and it essentially gives me another dhuumfire (dps wise). I can`t even stack that much confusion, 3-5 stacks (chaos armor combo + runes) but combined with torment (don`t move) and fear (you will move! if you want or not) in additon to all the other conditions it is quite deadly. It makes engaging me very difficult for single enemies.

I`m loving it, but i prefer to have it toned down a bit. That being said, the confusion duration bonus is still bugged and not working afaik, so i dont even have +100% confusion uptime.

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

(edited by Moon.6371)

in WvW

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Seems like we need to nerf engineer not that rune ! Too many interrupts on engineer !

in WvW

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

They’re very slow down there, give them 6 months and this broken rune will be fixed. I’m ready to bet none at anet even knows it applies THAT much confusion per rupt and is THAT long lasting (needs to be 3sec, not wtfbbq 8sec+ condi duration)

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

If the Confusion on Interrupt was 3 Seconds, You’d never see Confusion Go off as they’d not be able to use any skills while Interrupted, making it a completely useless 6 Point Ability.

That is why its 10 seconds base, Cause while people are interrupted, they’re not actually using abilities.

in WvW

oZii.2864

If the Confusion on Interrupt was 3 Seconds, You’d never see Confusion Go off as they’d not be able to use any skills while Interrupted, making it a completely useless 6 Point Ability.

That is why its 10 seconds base, Cause while people are interrupted, they’re not actually using abilities.

^^ this

They just bumped up the trait for warriors it use to be 3 seconds but everyone complained it was dumb at 3 secs because people aren’t using skills so they take no damage at all or if you interrupt them at best they would have 1 sec of confusion on them after you interrupt them. That is why the 6 piece is 10 secs.

{Thief}

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

I know some people say you just use your CC abilities and people get interrupted but this isn’t the case, They actually have to be doing something for an Interrupt to Go off, some If people spam buttons its very easy to land an Interrupt, if they don’t spam buttons its actually quite hard unless they’ve got easy to read abilities.

Engineer’s and Mesmer’s make best use of this Rune to be honest, esp Engineer’s, Warriors are pretty good for Condition Builds as well, But i’d actually rather fight a Perplexity based Warrior with this rune vs a Melandru Based Warrior, at least i’d be able to do damage to the Warrior with Perplexity.

in WvW

Posted by: Hellride.6571

Hellride.6571

I know some of you are gonna sook but these runes arent as overpowered as you make them seem. For an engi to stack over 15 stacks of confusion and get more than 1-2 procs off of it means that the player you are fighting is terrible with the current meta if you arent running condition removal then you are going to die to alot more than just engies and the every now and then thieves that run this rune. I run into more condition necros than any other condition class atm and they can barely use this rune to such a massive effect as an engi and i dont see everyone sooking over it. The good players adapt the terrible players keep using the same builds expecting different results

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I feel like there was an awful mix up at Anet HQ and the number 6 bonus was actually supposed to be a Grandmaster Mesmer interrupt trait instead of Furious or Chaotic Interruption.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

A pretty impressive display of stupidity to think that these runes are fine.

How is this even a thing? They are totally over-the-top gamebreaking OP and its bound to an item loadout. Absolutely unforgivable.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

oZii.2864

How is this even a thing? They are totally over-the-top gamebreaking OP and its bound to an item loadout. Absolutely unforgivable.

I respect your opinion as a very good player Oozo but totally over-the-top gamebreaking OP implies that this one rune makes WvW unplayable for a majority of the people that play WvW. It implies that the rune is so imbalanced that you can’t go out and do what you need to do. It implies that everyone that has this rune on is unbeatable.

It is hyperbole.

The rune doesn’t do any of that. It is very effective in small man/roaming environments and 1v1 duels which do not make up the majority of WvW. The majority of the people that call the rune ridiculously op and other types of buzzwords are probably of that small man/roaming/dueling community.

People don’t even slot this in as a must in GvG’s and that is usually 10 v 10 to 15 v 15 so that means anything under 10 man it has a much larger impact but that goes for alot of things in GW2.

1 necro can be pretty good in 10 v 10 when you start to get to 15 v 15 1 necro doesn’t have much effect as an example.

{Thief}

in WvW

Oozo.7856

I respect your opinion as a very good player Oozo but totally over-the-top gamebreaking OP implies that this one rune makes WvW unplayable for a majority of the people that play WvW. It implies that the rune is so imbalanced that you can’t go out and do what you need to do. It implies that everyone that has this rune on is unbeatable.

It is hyperbole.

The rune doesn’t do any of that. It is very effective in small man/roaming environments and 1v1 duels which do not make up the majority of WvW. The majority of the people that call the rune ridiculously op and other types of buzzwords are probably of that small man/roaming/dueling community.

People don’t even slot this in as a must in GvG’s and that is usually 10 v 10 to 15 v 15 so that means anything under 10 man it has a much larger impact but that goes for alot of things in GW2.

1 necro can be pretty good in 10 v 10 when you start to get to 15 v 15 1 necro doesn’t have much effect as an example.

The small man/roaming community will generally care much more about balance than people who only run in huge groups focused on PPT.

But, calling it merely effective is a huge understatement. It is gamebreaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsQbe_BPjmk

Now, I have a warrior and I can easily switch my build to the above. But, I won’t. Because I actually do care about balance and I know ridiculous broken crap when I see it.

And here is what I mean by gamebreaking. My confidence in the Anet development team is not very high. I don’t think they understand risk versus reward. I don’t think they understand min-maxing. How is this rune even a thing? I mean, it’s bad on paper. Did they not test it? Did they not think, at all?

This kind of thing quite literally makes me want to quit the game. Not the item itself, but the fact that they let something like this happen. Again.

People like myself. People who actually care about balance will leave this game when a good option becomes available. That is why it is gamebreaking.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

everyone who says they are not op are totally naive… if they dont tone it down tehre wil the itme come when all warriors in zerg run this runes and the whole enemy zerg runs with 25 confusion

th probelm with this runes is the duration as well.. i got today 20 stacks confusuin wich last like 15 sec.. 15 sec wehre you cant do anything when you already have low hp

i think internal cd of 6. bonus to 45-60 sec and duration by runes cut by half would be ok

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

th probelm with this runes is the duration as well.. i got today 20 stacks confusuin wich last like 15 sec.. 15 sec wehre you cant do anything when you already have low hp

Can’t do anything…… except cleanse the condition.

But only noobs slot condition cleanse right?

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Roamers from DB are using them or at least did when i was playing them.

I play on TC.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Only noobs don’t realize that confusion from the runes will be applied at a much faster rate than condition removers come off of cooldown.

Only noobs don’t realize that good players will force a condition removal before using their interrupts to stack confusion.

Only noobs don’t realize that good players will wait until stability is gone before using their interrupts to stack confusion.

Wow, I can play this game too.

in WvW

Tsezar.6950

Only noobs don’t realize that confusion from the runes will be applied at a much faster rate than condition removers come off of cooldown.

Only noobs don’t realize that good players will force a condition removal before using their interrupts to stack confusion.

Only noobs don’t realize that good players will wait until stability is gone before using their interrupts to stack confusion.

Wow, I can play this game too.

this…. and probably hes a noob who uses that runes on a condi build and finaly start to kill something

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

everyone who says they are not op are totally naive… if they dont tone it down tehre wil the itme come when all warriors in zerg run this runes and the whole enemy zerg runs with 25 confusion

i think internal cd of 6. bonus to 45-60 sec and duration by runes cut by half would be ok

THe Warriors in the zerg isn’t a huge problem since Stability is fairly common in the big fights.

Solo you’d have a point somewhat that you can stack it very easy on some classes, and a small cd on the interrupt would probably help, Duration Wise its there for a reason. So confusion actually goes off.

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

Confusion Damage in general isn’t super amazing, 8 Stacks is less then what I use to do with 3 stacks from Pain Inverter

It only becomes truly scary when you hit the upper stacks of 20+ and lets be honest, If you attack while you have 20+ stacks of Confusion on yourself, you kind of deserve to die.

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

It is hyperbole.

The small man/roaming community will generally care much more about balance than people who only run in huge groups focused on PPT.

But, calling it merely effective is a huge understatement. It is gamebreaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsQbe_BPjmk

Now, I have a warrior and I can easily switch my build to the above. But, I won’t. Because I actually do care about balance and I know ridiculous broken crap when I see it.

And here is what I mean by gamebreaking. My confidence in the Anet development team is not very high. I don’t think they understand risk versus reward. I don’t think they understand min-maxing. How is this rune even a thing? I mean, it’s bad on paper. Did they not test it? Did they not think, at all?

This kind of thing quite literally makes me want to quit the game. Not the item itself, but the fact that they let something like this happen. Again.

People like myself. People who actually care about balance will leave this game when a good option becomes available. That is why it is gamebreaking.

See that’s what I don’t get about that Warrior Video, The Warrior Trait is 4 Stacks for 8 seconds and Perplexity is 5 stacks for 10 seconds.

If Perplexity is so overpowered, Does that mean this Warrior Trait was overpowered? I mean If they nerfed Perplexity, Warriors would still have it as a Trait and would be able to stack Confusion fairly easy just the same, Say 3 interrupts is 12 stacks, Its not 20+ but that’s still a lot of Confusion.

in WvW

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

As it stands, the condition meta is very strong. Esp with thieves and necros. This warrior video showed how strong on interrupt conditions can be… think about how easily mesmers can stack confusion with all their interrupts. But generally speaking Torment was a bad move as well, without being traited it ticks for min 2k if you’re standing still, and double if you’re moving. Try standing still when fighting a thief. Necros now condition bomb and it’s extremely difficult to takeout necros alone – esp if your class has low hp pool. Ppl basically have to respec to fight against necros now.

in WvW

Tsezar.6950

perlpexity isnt all about the warrior. if you run the warrior trait you gonna miss the longbow for condition dmg. and to hit an interrupt isnt that easy 50% of them time you dont interrupt anything so the rune doesnt go of… i testet a condi build with hammer sword/sword the trait that gives 4 stacks and perplexity runes… its only good in 1v1 but rly kitten in 1vX.
the dmg non condition builds are doing isnt that greakittens okish with arround with arround 400 condi dmg 1 stack of confusion does arround 93 dmg with 0 condi dmg one stack does 65 .. the problem starts with condition builds that can interrupt.. enguies are the example even if its not this much.. instead of running runes of undead you can run perplexity which are overall better.. so its a win wiin situation for good condi builds with abilty to interrupt

and i thin kwith this much argueing in the forums they will be nerfed.. but i wonder which idiot implemented it without testing it.. thats the porblem that anet hasnt testserver… its the worst game publisher that i have seen in patching and announcment.. every decent publisher runs testserver for publics to test stuff and they announce ther patch nots at least 2 weeks earlier

(edited by Tsezar.6950)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

I don’t think it’s been mentioned as an issue before since most warriors going condition damage wouldn’t drop 20 points in that tree. The deal with the runes is that it gives you the flexibility to min-max the damage. Which is why I don’t think the developers have a firm grasp on min-maxing, in general.

It only becomes truly scary when you hit the upper stacks of 20+ and lets be honest, If you attack while you have 20+ stacks of Confusion on yourself, you kind of deserve to die.

I notice that you used the word “attack.” But, that is not how confusion works and if you do nothing for that long you are going to die anyway. Confusion is a flawed condition in its basic mechanics.