Revitalize WvW include in 9/14 feature pack

in WvW

Posted by: Monty.8263

Monty.8263

Hello,

WvW has been zergy for a long time. I have noticed that WvW population has been decreasing in my NA est playtime. One simple change that Arenanet could bring to the game to revitalize WvW is the following.

Add a “zerg breaker” trap to the game.

The trap would cost 20 dragonite ingots, 20 stars, 20 bricks, 100 BoH, and 5 gold to purchase from the vendor.

The trap would be a siege blueprint requiring 100 supply to build in the field.

Being a piece of siege the max targets value would be 50 like all siege is.

The trap would be unblockable and invisible like all traps are.

Only one trap could be placed on a given real estate in WvW, traps would not be allowed to be “stacked” on top of each other.

The trap is account bound and only one “zerg breaker” trap can be deployed in WvW per account.

The trap disappears after one hour and must be reconstructed, one hour is the standard siege timer.

The trap ONLY TRIGGERS IF MORE THAN 25 ACCOUNTS ARE WITHIN THE TRAPS BORDERS.

When the trap triggers 50 targets within the border take 10,000 direct damage.

The damage values will benefit and be mitigated by other WvW masteries, i.e. siege might, siege bunker.

Pretty simple I think, makes zerg play style types be punished for engaging through a chokepoint. I would agree with the trigger value being any where between 20 an 30 accounts. I would agree with the direct damage value being between 10k and 13k.

What do you think?

Thank you,
Monty

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

I can’t track down where this was said, I believe the Make Your Own Trap thread that was going on around here quite some time ago, but essentially Anet said that they would never allow invisible traps that cause direct damage to players without giving them a chance to react. Essentially, it would need a telegraph to even be considered. Secondly, the definition of a zerg varies across almost anyone that you ask and for many, 20-30 is not a massive group. Not to be rude, but I feel that an arbitrary trap such as this would simply be abused, as you mentioned, it can be place in a choke and then all you would need is a small group of people to finish off the entire zerg since they just took 10k damage. I enjoy outnumbered fights, but when it gets to the point where we’re just getting free damage, that takes the fun out of things.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I can’t track down where this was said, I believe the Make Your Own Trap thread that was going on around here quite some time ago, but essentially Anet said that they would never allow invisible traps that cause direct damage to players without giving them a chance to react. Essentially, it would need a telegraph to even be considered. Secondly, the definition of a zerg varies across almost anyone that you ask and for many, 20-30 is not a massive group. Not to be rude, but I feel that an arbitrary trap such as this would simply be abused, as you mentioned, it can be place in a choke and then all you would need is a small group of people to finish off the entire zerg since they just took 10k damage. I enjoy outnumbered fights, but when it gets to the point where we’re just getting free damage, that takes the fun out of things.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Invent-a-new-trap/first#post4131251

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

All I’d see happening is the zerg would enter the map, set off any Nuke’s set, die, WP, go blob down the nearest keep. At the cost I don’t suspect there’d be a lot of these placed, at least not for long.

in WvW

Posted by: Monty.8263

Monty.8263

Would have added my idea to that tread but its locked. I consider any group larger than 25 a large group, the game also classifies groups this way due to orange swords showing on the map.

I also like outnumbered fights, but not a whole map queue vs whole map queue. Or whole map vs 1-30. Whole map vs whole map eventually turns into a lagfest of spamming 1.

My idea is meant to punish players who stack on each other and use 2 to 3 skills only and just move as one big blob spamming the same skills over and over. Sadly with the rumors of this dis-abler it sounds like this play style will continue.

In my opinion this play style or commanding style just makes players worse at playing the game properly. I.e. using all your skills and not just winning via strength in numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Terrible idea. Perhaps you should apply to work at Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Terrible idea. Perhaps you should apply to work at Anet?

LOL LOVE IT.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Want to spread peeps out, let aoe affect more than 5 peeps…….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

I don’t think you understand that if ANET kills the zerg, they will also kill WvW. People zerg because that is what they enjoy. A lot of people go to WvW for the large scale fights. If I want smaller scale fights, I already have PvP.