SOS Server Lagging???

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Turtle.4678

Turtle.4678

Is there a technical issue going on with the SOS server? Our server has noticed that when fighting SOS and when going to their borderlands the lag is unplayable. We seem to have no lag issues when fighting the other server or when playing in their bl or our bl. Anet please respond!

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: RickardJames.8267

RickardJames.8267

I have also noticed that this week SOS borderlands have been lagging heavily with rapid, and somewhat suspicious dropouts. Anytime my group or another group would attempt to take a tower, either DB or YB’s players would magically begin to experience severe lag spikes.

The server’s ip was x.×.×.161 and I was wondering if thing might be contributing to why? I have read on the forums that it’s a common issue with that server, and am wondering if that’s the home for SOSBL.

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Same in EB, SoS server… it’s completely kittened

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

That’s the same IP address that was causing laggy maps in past T2 matches. When YB was blue, when SoS was green…

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

whoever gets those ips is kittened…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: RickardJames.8267

RickardJames.8267

Are servers assigned by ranking? That might explain a few things, a stab in the dark here though.

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

They seriously need to retire the two TSR-80 servers – XX.XX.XX.161 and XX.XX.XX.162.

Moonlight [THRU]

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Does no one at anet work on the weekend? Why can’t you guys look at this or atleast acknowledge the kittening problem… Some people have dc’s in pve after a patch and it get’s fixed right away but stupid WvW has issues has issues 2-3 weeks in a row with certain server ips and you can’t bother to respond….

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

64.25.38.161 is unplayable to the point have to sit on acs and press 1,2 to defend….

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

64.25.38.161 is unplayable to the point have to sit on acs and press 1,2 to defend….

Both me and my Guild are experiencing this lag aswell, it’s making it unplayable. Please fix this.

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Seven.3814

Seven.3814

Terrible Lag. Rubberbanding is awful. Guild was trying to raid and had several d/c.

[EK] – Empyrean Knights | Staff Ele
Sea of Sorrows

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Viper.3756

Viper.3756

Both me and my Guild are experiencing this lag aswell, it’s making it unplayable. Please fix this.

Much Lag In SoS Bl and EBG

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Bowsack.8914

Bowsack.8914

the lag is real please fix

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: TazR.8745

TazR.8745

Can’t play on SoSBL/EBG at all

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: BOA smid.1783

BOA smid.1783

Please fix! Game is impossible to play on this BL with the lag and constant DCings.

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Iconoklast.2389

Iconoklast.2389

It’s actually terrible. These issues weren’t here before so why are they having issues now?

Iconoklast – Guardian / Icono Clone – Mesmer
Tiny Icono – Engineer / The Icono – Elementalist
SoS – Empyrean Knights [EK] YB – The Coasters [TC]

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Saryx.2157

Saryx.2157

DC every 5 mins, lag everywhere on the .161 ip. Anet pls fix.

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Dekoy.1920

Dekoy.1920

Ditto. Unplayable lag on our home BL

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: BATMAN.6794

BATMAN.6794

please fix Sea Of Sorrows WvW lag SoS Borderland and Eternal Battlegrounds. Even Gismor lags :l

Desert Borderlands suck bring back alpine til new ones are revamped

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Horntail.8359

Horntail.8359

Yes, I have noticed this too. Worst lag I have ever seen. SoS is unplayable at the moment in WvW

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

It’s completely non-functional and is creating an unenjoyable experience for players on all servers.

Please address this ASAP!

Thank you.

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

64.25.38.161 is unplayable map (BLUE bl in current matchup). It needs to be looked at. Please address this with a patch or whatever

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Krypto.2069

Does no one at anet work on the weekend? Why can’t you guys look at this or atleast acknowledge the kittening problem… Some people have dc’s in pve after a patch and it get’s fixed right away but stupid WvW has issues has issues 2-3 weeks in a row with certain server ips and you can’t bother to respond….

Oh, Luvpie, yes they do – Anet works on the weekend. It’s just things like WvW’s problems such as extremely lag/latency, constant disconnects, and WvW being down right unplayable for a couple of weeks on certain BL’s and EBG’s do not warrant the same respect or even a response from Anet… unlike things like wine, ale or steak collections having issues:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Broken-Collections

Anet, I think a rethinking of priorities is in order here. Not that wine, ale and steak collections don’t deserve some feedback, but kitten, I’d say WvW connectivity/game unplayable issues deserve some feedback too during the weekend.

What say you, Anet?

Where’s our QA for these debilitating WvW issues?

We feel like Rodney Dangerfield over here! And that’s no joke! :/

Moonlight [THRU]

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Oh, Luvpie, yes they do – Anet works on the weekend. It’s just things like WvW’s problems such as extremely lag/latency, constant disconnects, and WvW being down right unplayable for a couple of weeks on certain BL’s and EBG’s do not warrant the same respect or even a response from Anet… unlike things like wine, ale or steak collections having issues:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Broken-Collections

Anet, I think a rethinking of priorities is in order here. Not that wine, ale and steak collections don’t deserve some feedback, but kitten, I’d say WvW connectivity/game unplayable issues deserve some feedback too during the weekend.

What say you, Anet?

Where’s our QA for these debilitating WvW issues?

We feel like Rodney Dangerfield over here! And that’s no joke! :/

WoW… speechless.. gg anet

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Guys stop naming and shaming the IP addresses or you’ll get infracted and banned!

They may not have people working on making WvW playable they always have moderators with infraction hammers.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Turtle.4678

64.25.38.86. Seeing TCP retransmissions and duplicate acknowledgements. This packet loss is making this game unplayable.

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Krypto.2069

Update on the SOSBL…

The server IP address for our SOSBL is now 64.25.38.113. I’ve been battling there for the last 2 hours and it’s been lag/latency free since it was moved off the bad IP ending in 161. I spoke with a YB player on our SOSBL and he said they’re lag free too. Thank you, Anet. (I assume you actively changed the SOSBL server IP address.)

Now, EBG for Tier 2 NA (SOS, YB and DB) is still assigned to the other bad IP – 64.25.38.162, which is still full of lag. May we please have it changed to another IP address as well?

I cannot put into words how much FUN it is to play w/o the crazy lag and know that when u kill someone it’s not due to them lagging out or vise-versa.

Thank you and please help us with EBG.

Moonlight [THRU]

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Update on the SOSBL…

The server IP address for our SOSBL is now 64.25.38.113. I’ve been battling there for the last 2 hours and it’s been lag/latency free since it was moved off the bad IP ending in 161. I spoke with a YB player on our SOSBL and he said they’re lag free too. Thank you, Anet. (I assume you actively changed the SOSBL server IP address.)

Now, EBG for Tier 2 NA (SOS, YB and DB) is still assigned to the other bad IP – 64.25.38.162, which is still full of lag. May we please have it changed to another IP address as well?

I cannot put into words how much FUN it is to play w/o the crazy lag and know that when u kill someone it’s not due to them lagging out or vise-versa.

Thank you and please help us with EBG.

+1

Please fix 162 as well and kill off 161
Also Thanks for fixing it..

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

(edited by Luvpie.8350)

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Great news!
I’ll login later and check out SoSBL xD

I hope EBG is fixed soon.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I personally enjoy the challenge of mashing the same skill 3-4 times before it goes off. I also enjoy watching other players teleport around like they are hacking only in this case the server is increasing the difficulty level.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

They seriously need to retire the two TSR-80 servers – XX.XX.XX.161 and XX.XX.XX.162.

TRS-80. :P Affectionately known as “Trash-80”.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Some of us remember those in action versus anecdote in history…… Anyway glad to see SOS bl / 161 addressed, now ebg / 162 please – that is my playground of choice usually.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Will check EBG again tonight but, Thank you anet for the 161 removal from SoS BL.

I was just getting the skill button flash and DC prior to the ip change.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

64.25.38.162:0 is still lagging… please fix it.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Turtle.4678

Looks like ANET responded! SoS borderlands is functional again with no lag. Sadly we’re still suffering with disconnects in Eternal Battleground on the 64.25.38.162:0 server.

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

12 hours ago both SoS BL and EB still had extreme lag for me.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

i dont think it is just the sos server .

i know i have had bad lag spikes on wsr for over a month now

go to the teck support forum there are threads that have been going on about this that need more attention ..

(edited by caveman.5840)

SOS Server Lagging???

in WvW

Turtle.4678

i dont think it is just the sos server .

i know i have had bad lag spikes on wsr for over a month now

go to the teck support forum there are threads that have going on about this that need more attention ..

Maybe it’s not a server issue then but a QoS or load issue. All we can really do as outsiders is speculate. SoS bl definitely saw some sort of improvement though. It’s still not perfect, but it’s better.