The New CDI Topics

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Hi All,

The next round of CDI topics will be starting on Monday 17th February.

The topics will be as follows:

PVE: How would you like to see us evolve Fractals?- Owner- Chris Whiteside

PvP: What would you like to see from a League system? – Owner- John Corpening

WvW: What aspects of Edge of The Mists do you think could carry over to the rest of WvW and how? – Owner- Devon Carver

Bonus: Global: Professions: How would you like to see us evolve (profession: voting is currently underway) balance?- Owner- Allie Murdock

Thanks for the new CDI opportunity chris, as you can tell from many of the replies before this one, the community is * kittened off *.
(there’s 0 visibility on Anet’s direction. I haven’t even seen an Anet dev in game in wvw in * MONTHS *(ioj). What i’ve been hearing from folks is that they feel like you don’t play your own game.)

That said, I’ll primarily focus on the WvW CDI -

I enjoy a lot of the mechanics in EoTM, and i agree with one of the earlier posters who said that the maps should be re-worked to include destructible bridges.

EoTM has great terrain. The map being sloped adds a nice level of complication to open field zerg combat. (unrelated class observation: sword mesmers will cry if the maps get more sloping, because it will mean illusionary leap wont work an even greater % of the time.)

Also great about EoTM terrain, is the layering. I think that having upper and lower capture points in some high-strength targets (garrison, EBG keep, Stonemist castle) would make capturing those targets more interesting, and it might slow down karma trains.

those veteran kodans. kittenn.

my final contribution for this CDI would have to be:

Loot. An average Gw2 player will make approximately 3 gold in an hour (champion trains, dungeons, world bosses) as a WvW player, I’m making significantly less gold than I could be in PvE. EoTM has improved this disparity, but we’re not on the level with our environment fighting counterparts. Perhaps what we need are some special weapons like Genesis and Entropy (which only drop from gilded coffers) that can only be picked up out of an embroidered belt pouch.

A final thought: It would be nice if Anet could explain how Diminishing Returns affects WvW. IF the DR is simply time-gated, then I think that it could use another look.

(edited by Hamster.4861)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Moving things from EOTM into regular maps is just a band-aid on a broken system.
The BL maps have to be redesigned to have more room, and to have some unique theme to make them feel less bland. Moving more AI NPCs and pve elements into regular wvw isn’t going to fix the main issues of coverage and pop differences. That has to be addressed in a scoring system. Also, its time for you guys to show some content in wvw, these Tournament/League jokes aren’t really fooling anyone. Most of my guild are moving to ESO, which they think sucks. But they at least feel that there might be some hope for RVR before CU comes out. All because there is no vision for WVW at anet. YOU need to give fans some kind of idea as to what this will evolve to if you want them to care.

Why would the bls need more room? Even when they are queued, the majority of the map is empty. I think we need to just elimante 1 or 2 of the BLS so that it will be more competitive for most servers. even t2 can’t queue all 4 maps during the week.

We need to move away from map blobs and to a number of coordinated groups working a map. Bigger maps lead to map blobs being ineffective. You can’t make the format better by making it smaller. It will just lead to more people leaving to do EoTM.
Only by making WvW more fun on those maps will you get people to play on them.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

WvW: What aspects of Edge of The Mists do you think could carry over to the rest of WvW and how? – Owner- Devon Carver

Overflow in WvW should work like EOTM…also since you now would have overflow maps in WvW….drop the map limit to something like 50-60 ppl total. However, I would allow GUILDS to queue at the same time…so guilds and parties could queue together and raid together.

Bigger maps lead to map blobs being ineffective.

Solution:

Combine the three Borderlands into one overflowing map, with the Citadels retained as guaranteed safe harbors in the same way as the EoTM air ships.

Remove the Borderland “border waypoints”.

Deduplicate the capture locations and apply your EoTM creativity to the new space, but pattern it after the original maps. Keep roughly the same number of objectives.

Result:

Epic battles, large and small. Room to move, room to get lost in… room to play strategy between the tactics-dominated epic fights.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I would like to have the supply drops in some form like they are in eotm. Right now the invisibility is so broken in wvw that one small group of players can totally deny a server supplies in EB.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Trimula.7651

Trimula.7651

I posted this concept on a earlier post. The super random game map with random BL puzzble parts.

What you need to create is a super large center piece map. On every reset day, that super map will undergo a random make over. Around the outside of the super map will be random connection points where a server’s BL will fit into like a puzzle piece. Each server will have random BLs created on reset day that will plug into the super map. Each week can deliver many different terrain(underground component to most maps), and BL combos with many different tower, keeps, and with many lesser/major points of interest. This will provide a near-unlimited map combos, can allow more than 3 servers to engage for the week, maybe create a more balance time zones. No matter what server and time zone you are from, it fun to always to find a completive fight.
This type of design will do away with map hopping for fights-that is killing current WvW.
With all of the additional keeps, towers, supple points, points of controls, it will offer flavor for all play types.
Also add, the further your server can establish a unbroken chain of keeps/tower from your start point into the map, players will be able to WP near a battle. You can’t port into a contested WP, but a contested WP will not break a chain. Players love nothing more than being able to zone in and jump into action fast!
I do not wish to see WvW player base collaspe

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

Note: We will disclose the ideas we do or don’t like as a group but we will not discuss schedules or timing around implementation. If there is still concern surrounding how seriously we take community collaboration then please do take the time to think about how much impact the community has had on the working of this game over the year.

Chris

We better make our efforts count guys.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Note: We will disclose the ideas we do or don’t like as a group but we will not discuss schedules or timing around implementation. If there is still concern surrounding how seriously we take community collaboration then please do take the time to think about how much impact the community has had on the working of this game over the year.

Chris

We better make our efforts count guys.

Because they did the last two times?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

Well hope is the last thing we want to lose so.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Well hope is the last thing we want to lose so.

That’s what we thought last CDI. Now… All Is Vain.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

There should be zero reward for taking a defense point. The only thing a defense point should do is secure an area. And if you have a larger amount of defense points your faction should get control of a pvp dungeon where you can farm you’re heart out. But no, karma trains and zerging are sooo much better

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I love how I reply with some sense of fake optimism and yet everyone else just piles on their frustrations with WvW.

But not only that, I love how in the thread Chris created in the Guild Wars 2 Discussion forum section (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-New-CDI-Topics/first), he has made many replies to so many people, yet here we have not had one single reply at all!
Just check he’s made 11 replies there! and they wonder why we are angry.

I cant wait to see how the real CDI thread goes and how many infraction or even forum suspensions we get
And yeah, I didnt even know we had 2 previous WvW CDIs before this one! That is how well the communication is between WvW players and WvW devs!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Ozoug.4158

Ozoug.4158

Fix the 5 target AoE limit.

GW2: A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Yzoug.
DaoC: R11 Skald

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

The real CDI thread will be a joke just like the last 2, with an occasional reply from devon stating something like “I’m watching keep up the discussion, I’m getting alot from this”.

Not surprised they have 11 replies, they will tell us were hostile and that’s the reason for the lack of Dev replies but in reality were hostile because were ignored daily. Check the other CDI’s that pertain to PvE and SPvP, the Devs were an active part of the discussion, now go look at the WvW ones … they really should be ashamed of themselves.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

what happened with our new dev? he just dissapeared as anybody else befor. and what happend with our 3 love 3 hate thingi? and where is the ranger class balance?
i feel an incoming kitten storm

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Bacardi Babe.4391

Bacardi Babe.4391

Please just replace the boring EB Map with the EOTM Map!

Keep the EOTM as an overflow,

[PUGS] Commander/Guild Leader

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: gjop.8612

gjop.8612

What would you rather do implement a list of want’s from the WvW community that take time, money and resources that may have a good chance of improving WvW numbers.

Or launch a new WvW Season with a title track and a promise of better rewards and gain the same effect.

(edited by gjop.8612)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

What would you rather do implement a list of want’s from the WvW community that take time, money and resources that may have a good chance of improving WvW numbers.

Or launch a new WvW Season with a title track and a promise of better rewards and gain the same effect.

The latter doesn’t consider the long term health of the game. It’s very short sighted.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

The latter doesn’t consider the long term health of the game. It’s very short sighted.

That’s why we have LS story though, so you are left behind if you quit the game for one or two months. Since Season 1 they have been introducing more and more of this stuff into WvW so they can keep the WvW playerbase spinning in the eternal hamster-wheel-of-no-actual-progress too. Way better than long-term implementations that people enjoy to play.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Only one topic really… POPULATION BALANCE.

Why is this still not fixed, why are you making it worse with every patch?
If I didn’t know better I’d think Anet WANTS to kill WvW.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Of course they want it killed.

1. Total lack of interest in wvw from the wvw team and the rest of anet, compare the cdi topics, forum sections, etc.

2. WvW team is either understaffed or isn’t kept visible to the community.
The only people we know are Devon who seems to hate wvw with a passion. Hugh, who is a spvp player and thankfully was moved to spvp team. Josh who went MIA on the wvw side as soon as we started liking him. That is all. Devon is the only wvw dev that we have had for a while, or at least a visible one.

3. NO vision for wvw apart from rewards and cosmetic wxp skills that no one really wants anyway. The last blog from devon on wvw strategy at anet was a long time ago, and the massive issues listed there have neither been addressed nor seem to warrant enough dev time.

4. Tournament. Whos brainless idea was that? I am really hoping that it was ncsoft or something, cause even Devon should have seen how this would affect the lower pop servers.

TLDR: They don’t care.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Improve scouting perhaps? Right now they are needed but miss out on all the fun and loot :/

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hi All,

The next round of CDI topics will be starting on Monday 17th February.

The topics will be as follows:

PVE: How would you like to see us evolve Fractals?- Owner- Chris Whiteside

PvP: What would you like to see from a League system? – Owner- John Corpening

Bonus: Global: Professions: How would you like to see us evolve (profession: voting is currently underway) balance?- Owner- Allie Murdock

The CDI rules are as follows:

1: This initiative is all about discussion.
2: We will not be disclosing information pertaining to what is currently in development.
3: Anger and emotion will have less impact than intelligent discussion.
4: Together we will share and evolve design philosophies which will impact how we develop the game moving forward.
5: Aggression and disrespect to a fellow community member or developer will not be tolerated, and in the extreme could lead to the shutting down of the initiative.
6: The teams primary focus is work toward the development of GW2 and therefore posting of discussion and commentary may not be as frequent as you like. Please do understand that the initiative is taken very seriously by us all and that we will be reading the discussions and joining in as often as it is possible to do so.

Finally please note this is not a competition, either between yourselves or the developers in regard to one up man ship. The point of this Initiative is to work together to make the game better.

Chris

WvW

I feel the Edge of the Mists is just splitting us into smaller forces which doesn’t help already overwhelmed with numbers servers on the “other” side.

Since, from what I have read, EOM doesn’t count for the score, I am not sure why we are spinning our wheels in there in any case – except to get more Dragonite than in normal WvW…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

CDI1: population imbalance: replace BL maps with map like EOTM. once all 3 servers have filled EB, new map is created that will host additional players. when all 3 servers have 2nd map full, another is created. this goes until 3 additional maps are created. this maps will add to PPT.

in the meantime, if one server has more than created maps worth of players, they get in overflow and dont contribute to PPT.

CDI2: give us commander tags.

im just saying, although i agree with the rest that its kinda pointless.

PS. also get those ambient creatures and pve out of wvw and into EOTM.

also check out dev response on this one guys: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-New-CDI-Topics/first

(edited by PetricaKerempuh.7958)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

I am locking the thread as I hope most are now aware of the topics.

Have a good weekend all.

Chris

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

I am locking the thread as I hope most are now aware of the topics.

Have a good weekend all.

Chris

Quick Update. The new topics will open on Wednesday 19th February. Thanks for your patience and I apologize for the delay.

Chris