Time to adress bannering of dead NPC's?

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Battle Standard should just rez the NPC to 25% health, right now I think it’s 50% which is too much.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Banner should resurrect to 100% HP, and provide Righteous Indignation buff.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Battle Standard should just rez the NPC to 25% health, right now I think it’s 50% which is too much.

The health doesn’t matter. What does matter is that resurrecting the lord resets the cap timer.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Virtute.8251

The health doesn’t matter. What does matter is that resurrecting the lord resets the cap timer.

False. Bannering the lord resurrects the NPC, but leaves the capture timer where it was. Killing the lord again resumes the capture progress meter, if the same team resumes contributing to capture. Another team contributing to capture is what will reset the progress meter. Or a glitch… there’s always glitches! It may actually depend upon which team delivers the kill-shot on the lord. I haven’t noticed that nuance.

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

We’ve been discussing this a lot recently and we agree that something needs to change. When we have a change that we are ready to talk about we’ll make sure to make it known to everyone.

Finally after so many posts made by so many people for such a long time (me included)
we finally have an official response.

Also, it is not just the warrior banner that can res, be sure to check all other res skills from guards, mesmers eles and so on.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhonin.1687

Rhonin.1687

you are aware that his response was made for about a month ago right?

Have you heard anything about this after that? no?

Guess we are on par with Anet communication then

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Bugs take months and years to fix. http://users.soe.ucsc.edu/~ejw/papers/HowLongFixBugs-Final.pdf

In a shipped product, bug fixes come before (but run concurrently with) features. The timeline runs longer than you’ll play the game.

Software is hard. Go live with it.

in WvW

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Give the NPC something similar to Defiant stacks.

Example:
1. Keep lord goes down
2. Banner
3. Keep lord is up with 6x [Death] stacks

There are now 2 ways to revive the lord:
- Get rid of the stacks by bannering/spiriting/etc the lord 6 times.
- Manually walking over and use the rub-a-dub-dub resurrect interact thing (this does not get rid of the stacks though)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhonin.1687

Rhonin.1687

Bugs take months and years to fix. http://users.soe.ucsc.edu/~ejw/papers/HowLongFixBugs-Final.pdf

In a shipped product, bug fixes come before (but run concurrently with) features. The timeline runs longer than you’ll play the game.

Software is hard. Go live with it.

yeah, I don’t disagree with that, at all…however communication is not hard, at all, WHEN YOU RUN THE FORUMS ABOUT YOUR PRODUCT!

the update rate is not even up to sub-par from this company, not just on this particular subject, but as a whole.

The live streams are a nice feature, but most of it is just fluff and spins on what they “might have hoped to promise that might happen if we are lucky and nothing unforseeable happens”…

in WvW

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

We’ve been discussing this a lot recently and we agree that something needs to change. When we have a change that we are ready to talk about we’ll make sure to make it known to everyone.

Something as simple as the lord comes back with 75/50/25 hp then immune to banner type rezzes would be fine.

Mag had a fight in DBs garry last night in which they had rezzers (mostly warriors) running in and out through the Watergate portal, they were simply cycling their cooldowns. With a little help from their girlfriends JQ stalling for them. The lord got rezzed 27 times . . . let me repeat . . . 27 times before they finally massed enough people to push us out.

Joke was on them though, while we didn’t get the keep we did fill our bags. I personally got a keg and an Exotic to go with the ascended ring I got earlier in the night.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

while we didn’t get the keep we did fill our bags. I personally got a keg and an Exotic to go with the ascended ring I got earlier in the night.

Right answer.

And really… 27 times? LOL! Stop asking to nerf things like that. It’s hilarious and we all deserve to be allowed to pull off moments like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Heaven forbid there is an epic battle that delays the megablob karmatrain!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

We(Banners Hold) like this feature. without it we wouldn’t be Gunners.

Rally Lords is a job that people do with pride. Stopping a Enemy Mindless Blob from taking a keep is great. Loseing a conquest on enemy keep because they banner the lord 10x is great. Those warriors did there job and succeeded.

Ps. if this get removed we have to earn a new nick name: We already lost Golems Hold. we rather not lose Banners Hold.

Gunners(Banners) Hold Proud member.

in WvW

Posted by: quickflash.6314

quickflash.6314

It’s very easy to counter the banner tactic.

Leave the pretty circle and reach out and touch someone.

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

in WvW

Posted by: Krumbotor.9064

Krumbotor.9064

Please don’t change the reviving lords mechanic. I think it is one tactical element of WvW and adds a lot of thrill to battles in the keep lord room. You should rather fix the lord leaving its place and running all over the keep. Everyone who asks for change of lord reviving should think about how this has saved T3 keeps for their server before.

“But unfortunately this is the real world, not some fantasy land” Winni Asuran Offspring

in WvW

Posted by: quickflash.6314

quickflash.6314

/agreed

Let’s try not to remove tactics from wvw.

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I don’t want this changed – most of the epic fights I’ve had were hour long sustained fights defending/taking keeps.

This!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Most fun in WvW are the long keep fights,you guys got 21min of PvP thx to warrior banners….

Want to get keeps without hard fights just go pve zone EoTM

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Well then maybe that’S the solution.

Rather than introducing some contrived mechanic, reviving Lords should simply not instantly reset the claim circle. Instead it should stay neutral and increase/decrease depending on who is holding the circle, just like sPvP.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Well then maybe that’S the solution.

Rather than introducing some contrived mechanic, reviving Lords should simply not instantly reset the claim circle. Instead it should stay neutral and increase/decrease depending on who is holding the circle, just like sPvP.

Haha!

That’s amazing.

in WvW

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

while we didn’t get the keep we did fill our bags. I personally got a keg and an Exotic to go with the ascended ring I got earlier in the night.

Right answer.

And really… 27 times? LOL! Stop asking to nerf things like that. It’s hilarious and we all deserve to be allowed to pull off moments like that.

I think reviving the lord is a perfectly valid mechanic. It just needs to be toned down a smidge to keep the cheese down. While I suggested a basic three rezzes I’d be fine with any cap mechanic on it ArenaNet deems reasonable. I definitely would not want the mechanic to go away entirely.

in WvW

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

I support bannering npcs! It’s fun and tactical. The slot you put the rez in is a tactical choice that involves a sacrifice. For my warrior it means no Snow Leopard escape option, which significantly increases my mortality risk in the field, but maybe I’ll get a key rez off in exchange.

in WvW

Posted by: truewingnut.2517

truewingnut.2517

Maybe the banner rez should work to bring back dead players.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Right answer.

I think reviving the lord is a perfectly valid mechanic. It just needs to be toned down a smidge to keep the cheese down. While I suggested a basic three rezzes I’d be fine with any cap mechanic on it ArenaNet deems reasonable. I definitely would not want the mechanic to go away entirely.

Oh, yeh Bash said. Either dumb down how much health he comes back with, just put a cap of some sort on it, etc. I dont want it gone, either. No way would I want it gone!

in WvW

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

But you have been very quick, nerfing ranger’s pet-ress, so we cannot revive Npcs or downed players anymore.. but the warriors… the warriors…

in WvW

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Why not a Downed/Ress penalty? He can be ressed by players 3 times, the 4th attempt will not work because he will be fully dead (red icon).

in WvW

Posted by: Chrhal.4983

Chrhal.4983

Most fun in WvW are the long keep fights,you guys got 21min of PvP thx to warrior banners….

Want to get keeps without hard fights just go pve zone EoTM

What I would like is skillful fights and not random mindless farming of people coming from the waypoint whenever it opens. Random bannering from people comming from waypoint just to prevent a cap, from a group you can’t kill or keep out is not skillful in any way. And as other people also pointed out, bannering (ressing by other skills, whatever!) the lord is the most easy thing in the world.

I can ask you guys that think that if you can’t keep players from ressing the lord, then you don’t deserve to cap the keep. If you can’t kill the group and prevent capping without ressing the lord multiple times (and I mean many many times) do you deserve to keep it?

I agree that keeps should be harder to get into. Especially with the bigger and bigger groups we see in WvW.

Archiae – Mesmer
“Lol I have never GvG’d before”
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

No.

There are ways to hide the lords body to make it hard for them to revive, if your karma train has no communication and strategy then you don’t deserve to cap it.

The most remembered fights are the long keep fights. They are also possibly the most fun.

The only time I will accept removing the revival of the lord, is if karma trains are abolished. So never.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Totally missed this discussion when it happened, but that you can banner the lord I think is good, that makes it more challenging to take a building.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Raising the lord is fine… resetting the circle timer is the broken part.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

My vote is for having the lord in a downed state and having the banner work just like it does with players. That gives the defenders a window of opportunity to banner the lord when he’s in downed state, but if they are too late and he wipes they will have to do a hard res like usual. The way banner mechanics works in team vs team fights is great. It adds a level of pressure to get that banner dropped before your allies get stomped or cleaved down.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

idk, being able to res the lord giving the time your group/zerg needs to get there seems kind of an OK thing if you ask me.

Of course, when you have a dozen warriors, who banner one after another, it is that that is unfair.

So keep the bannering of the dead Lord, but limit it to 1 or two times within a given period of time. eg twice in 5 mins

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Please don’t change the reviving lords mechanic.

I wouldn’t worry about it >_>

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The longest fight I had in WvW was taking Stonemist. From what I recall, there were banners in the first five minutes, but after that it became “quick someone sneak into the circle to stall them out” and it turned into a three-way fight as the other server decided they wanted to play too.

It was hectic, and I swear my old computer’s video card was never the same afterwards. But it was glorious, pure entertainment, and I would really like to have it again.

Resurrecting lords is a fine substitute to getting someone to hold the capture circle until help arrives. I’d like it not to disappear entirely as a tactic, but perhaps there needs to be tweaks to it so it’s not “let’s chain-res every time he drops until they get bored”.

. . . because if you’re doing that in the first place, it should clue you in – they’re not going to be leaving til they take it or your zerg gets there to chase them out. In which case, they’ll still hang around for the bags.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in WvW

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Why should the warrior banner work on fully dead NPCs?

Not one other revival skill works on dead NPCs. Battle Standard is the ONLY revival skill that will revive an NPC from full death.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival

in WvW

Posted by: AstraStarr.5018

AstraStarr.5018

WHAT?!?! Are you seriously thinking about removing this? When I first found out about banners “Rezzing” I thought cool- then tried it on some of my friends. Didn’t work… people said- OH it’s only NPC’s?!?! ONLY NPC’s?! What’s the point of having a rezz then? I used to play EQ and we had a skill that actually REZZED DEAD PEEPS, not just NPC’s. Okay so the whole idea was grumble to begin with and now you want to nerf it further by taking away NPC rezz? Whats the point then? If Anet removes banner rezz then I want a new elite skill on my warrior. AND NECROs…. the riser of the undead- you want to take away their NPC rezz too? How much does it make sense that this skill isn’t better for necro then warrior in the first place anyway? Um undead master’s should be able to um- raise the dead?! omfg fer real. The only thing about this horrible idea that could give me pause is to give it to a ranger pet (unlike the current ranger rezz which is garbage). That would make me laugh.

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

A red post in an open thread is the first indication that a thread on the WvW forum is too old to seriously reply to.

in WvW

AstraStarr.5018

And to clarify I don’t count “downed” rezzes. The timing is nearly impossible and so rare that it works well- its a super waste imo. I’ve been able to banner the Lord and ‘save the day’ once and maybe I’ve been able to banner my commander once- though I am rarely warrior 1. All that time carrying a banner on my elite bar to actually use them TWICE EVER. The only real rezz is an actual rez. Give us REAL REZZES, not this NPC kitten.

in WvW

AstraStarr.5018

A red post in an open thread is the first indication that a thread on the WvW forum is too old to seriously reply to.

True. My comments on this topic have been brewing inside for a long time though. I glad I got to blow off some steam lol

in WvW

AstraStarr.5018

No.

There are ways to hide the lords body to make it hard for them to revive, if your karma train has no communication and strategy then you don’t deserve to cap it.

The most remembered fights are the long keep fights. They are also possibly the most fun.

The only time I will accept removing the revival of the lord, is if karma trains are abolished. So never.

I think you misunderstand k-trains. A true k train involves either the implicit or explicit agreement of all commanders on the map to not engage each other and to take turns (often in a giant circle) capturing keeps/camps etc. The point is not to fight each other but to complete metas or something like that. Bannering implies a fight and a stand off, which wouldn’t happen in a karma train. That’s why they don’t destroy each other’s siege- it makes it faster.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

So instead of using your time to fix things that are legitimately broken, doing something with Commander tags/Commands, looking into ways to create more balance within the match ups, or improving the report system so you guys can actually do something about people exploiting, your going to fix something thats not broken.

Whats next ? adding more NPC’s to WvW landscape ?

in WvW

Posted by: Victory For Kittens.7806

Victory For Kittens.7806

So instead of using your time to fix things that are legitimately broken, doing something with Commander tags/Commands, looking into ways to create more balance within the match ups, or improving the report system so you guys can actually do something about people exploiting, your going to fix something thats not broken.

Whats next ? adding more NPC’s to WvW landscape ?

Easy, it’s a 3 months old post, don’t expect anything from them.

in WvW

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

Changing that resurrection feature for the Lords will only make this game’s WvW feature into Easy Mode. If you can’t prevent warriors from bannering the Lord, you should not own the Tower/Keep.

21 minutes is a joke compared to hour-long stand-off I’ve been in with fights coming and going. The thrill you get from long fights is amazing and so are the loot bags.

This change you suggest will only turn WvW into a huge Karma train. If you ask me… it’s a HUGE “Thanks, but no thanks”.

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

No.

I think you misunderstand k-trains. A true k train involves either the implicit or explicit agreement of all commanders on the map to not engage each other and to take turns (often in a giant circle) capturing keeps/camps etc. The point is not to fight each other but to complete metas or something like that. Bannering implies a fight and a stand off, which wouldn’t happen in a karma train. That’s why they don’t destroy each other’s siege- it makes it faster.

You clearly don’t REMOTELY understand what a Karma Train is.

Karma Training DOES NOT involve all the commanders in the map to not attack eachother, that is simply stupid, impractical and barely impossible. It simply involves flipping camps/towers/keeps all the time. No defending the ones you have so you can flip it again, over and over.

Class dismissed.

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Devilsmack.5736)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhizo.5089

Rhizo.5089

How about they fix people from slipping underneath the geometry and killing off NPC’s, yaks and other things? Banners are a counter to one scenario if such cheating scum slips into a garrison.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Easy, it’s a 3 months old post, don’t expect anything from them.

Ha ha ha, didnt realise this was a necro’d thread, nice one

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: StanleyJohny.8047

StanleyJohny.8047

Yee, pretty much like this one video.

Almost 50 minutes of fighting in garrison. I cant even count how many times Lord got bannered.

Oh and I almost forget. It was a third try to take that garri. Earlier fights took us 20-25min each.

in WvW

Posted by: JoeYl.4609

JoeYl.4609

I dont see whats the problem with a 20/50min fight to cap a garri
i did a 3h and a 5h fight inside a garri in league 2 against vizunah and that was the best thing i did in gw2

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Why should the warrior banner work on fully dead NPCs?

Not one other revival skill works on dead NPCs. Battle Standard is the ONLY revival skill that will revive an NPC from full death.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival

This is sooo not true.
I play warrior and guard, warriors have banner, guards have signet. Both revive lord.
I think elementalist have signet too and necro have some similiar skill too. Engi got an elixir for this.

in WvW

Posted by: Lisanna.9048

Lisanna.9048

being able to revive the lord makes the fights more fun imo.
If the devs remove this feature then all that will happen is that, after a zerg gets to the lord room of a keep the defending zerg will just give up on fighting and wvw will become boring, no chance for really good random fights.

The ability to res the lord = longer fights = more loot= more fun

Ppl who complain about the mechanic are still playing wvw anyway so they cant dislike the mechanic that much.