To the S1 reward complainers

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Do you want even more non-WvW players in WvW chasing rewards?

Do you play WvW for the rewards or for the game mode itself?

First we complain about too many PvE players chasing rewards and then we complain about not good enough rewards. There is no right answer and so we the WvW community look like a bunch of whiny jerks and then we wonder why Anet doesn’t want to give us more attention.

I agree the rewards are lame but I honestly can’t think of anything that would have made me excited that would NOT have also had a more detrimental effect in filling WvW with more rally-bait carrot-chasers.

My point is – no matter how correct or justified you are, know what you want to accomplish and be constructive towards it because right now we’re just solidifying our place on the back burner.

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I’m grateful for the Tomes of Knowledge, personally.

Less time wasted leveling my new Elementalist, more time in WvW.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

I want a reward at least equal to what is given out in PvE events like the Mad King, where you can get a mini and some really cool permanent skins… Instead we are going to get a mini and a chest full of greens? Really?

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Well isn’t PvE where you farm rewards and WvW where you go to fight? Or am I missing the point of WvW?

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

A lot of my guildies already have all their slots filled with level 80’s what good is a tome? I don’t plan to every make another 80 in this game, so a tome is useless to me. Personally speaking.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

PSA- wvw rewards have always been lack luster. You should look at this chest as bonus loot for doing something you would already have been doing. This has been a public services announcement. Thank you for reading.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

Well isn’t PvE where you farm rewards and WvW where you go to fight? Or am I missing the point of WvW?

There has been a big debate about how WvW’rs are having to farm for PvE mats.. is that fair?

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Assuming it’s not considered an “exploit” you can use your level-up tome in combat for an instant full-heal. Might come in handy if you’re quick enough.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I agree with the complainers about how the finisher should be permanent finisher instead of a stack. The rest that people have mentioned are more than what I expected. I won’t be checking my chest for a few more weeks.

People are still going to complain.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelles.4869

Pixelles.4869

I am looking forward to non-seasons WvW and will continue to use my super adventure box finisher

crochet lover, guinea pig mama & avid PvP’er <3

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

There has been a big debate about how WvW’rs are having to farm for PvE mats.. is that fair?

Having to is a over statement…I have 3 ascended weapons, I have done 3 (count it 3) temples, the rest of the mats were obtained via normal WvW play…Did it take long than if I farmed PvE? Yes, but I’d I “HAVE” to farm PvE for it? Nope….

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

A lot of my guildies already have all their slots filled with level 80’s what good is a tome? I don’t plan to every make another 80 in this game, so a tome is useless to me. Personally speaking.

I don’t know what you expected to get. An ascended weapon?

I mean, giving out a huge reward like that would only further encourage griefing, double-teaming, etc. simply to receive uber mega leet super awesome rewards. I don’t know about you, but my guild and I play WvW for fun; any associated reward is just the cherry on top.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Solstice.1097

I would think that whether ascended gear should be allowed in WvW is a completely separate topic.

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

You’re making the mistake a lot of people make in thinking that WvW isn’t designed to be PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelles.4869

Pixelles.4869

I want a reward at least equal to what is given out in PvE events like the Mad King, where you can get a mini and some really cool permanent skins… Instead we are going to get a mini and a chest full of greens? Really?

If ANYTHING I agree with is would’ve been nice to have gotten an armor skin where you select a stat of your choice like they’ve done for some PvE meta achievements, since y’know, WvW’ers are often poor and need some armor.

I am excited for mini yak, but was looking forward to a guineayak, hehe.

crochet lover, guinea pig mama & avid PvP’er <3

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Should be a coupon in the chest that could be redeemed for an ascended back piece with any stat configuration. Would solve the missing WvW back piece issue and would make the WvW reward worthwhile.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Haven’t seen my chest yet but I got a heck of a lot of rewards finishing the meta which was made up of a ton of small rewards I most likely wouldn’t have pursued without ANet collecting them and making a title that was representative of the work I put in. Who really kills 225 Dolyaks in 7 weeks?

Any bonus, however small, is still a bonus. Everyone was posting BEFORE the chests came that they would be paltry yet all these comments are those of surprise. Did you honestly think otherwise while you were posting they would be junk? That sounds like lying to yourself to me.

ANet made no promises and even laid out the details for all to read. I hear mewling….

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Should be a coupon in the chest that could be redeemed for an ascended back piece with any stat configuration. Would solve the missing WvW back piece issue and would make the WvW reward worthwhile.

It was stated that ascended mats can be used instead of mists essence from fractals, so ascended backpieces can be crafted without having to PvE. One stack of T6 mats, 50 ectos I believe, skill points, and ascended mats in the forge.

I can’t find the link now and not sure if this already happened or is still coming.

in WvW

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

I play for fun, but also i play for rewards.
Tell me if you do a 4 hours event for 5 greens. Fun? Well… maybe, but you gain nothing…

in WvW

Posted by: Dan.2940

Dan.2940

First we complain about too many PvE players chasing rewards and then we complain about not good enough rewards. There is no right answer and so we the WvW community look like a bunch of whiny jerks and then we wonder why Anet doesn’t want to give us more attention.

I agree the rewards are lame but I honestly can’t think of anything that would have made me excited that would NOT have also had a more detrimental effect in filling WvW with more rally-bait carrot-chasers.

My point is – no matter how correct or justified you are, know what you want to accomplish and be constructive towards it because right now we’re just solidifying our place on the back burner.

I think that people have every right to whine about the rewards right now. This was a 7 week meta achievement and we got a reward you can grind out in hours of playing… I play WvW for the game mode, but sometimes people need motivation to play, so many more people played WvW just for this reward and it was amazing! Now that people know the reward isn’t worth the time, it won’t be nearly as fun in season 2, when not even half of the population will be participating.. They screwed up once again on something that seems like such simple logic… I really want to know who brainstormed these rewards, because they seriously need to be talked to or fired. End of story.

| Siynn – Lvl 80 Thief | Jaata – Lvl 80 Engineer |
| Smitê – Lvl 80 Guardian | Arraxie – Lvl 80 Ele |
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I am not even mad about the amount of items we got but holy s… They didn’t put any work into that season at all.

“Uh a chest? What? Did I accidentially finish my monthly? Oh this is the rewardchest we got for 8 weeks of WvW?”

“Oh nice a letter with the finisher, let’s see what they wrote”

Attachments:

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It was stated that ascended mats can be used instead of mists essence from fractals, so ascended backpieces can be crafted without having to PvE. One stack of T6 mats, 50 ectos I believe, skill points, and ascended mats in the forge.

I can’t find the link now and not sure if this already happened or is still coming.

I know they are bringing them (eventually) but it still would have been a welcome and deserved prize for completing the achievement.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Solstice.1097

I personally feel if you went out of your way to complete the WvW meta, aside from the JP’s which are short, then you aren’t really a serious WvW player.

I got 11/15 for playing WvW normally and then spent maybe 30 minutes doing the JPs. This means I got AP’s and several chests for what I would normally do, and the chest rewards are definitely worth the maybe 30 minutes out of my way that I had to go for the key.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

This is an mmo. The overwhelming majority of players expect to be rewarded for thea mount of work they put in. While some people may not have had to work toward these achievments, other people have. Not only that, but the reward should reflect 7 weeks worth of work.

This doesn’t mean they should have given us all a full suit of ascended armor, but a unique skin to reflect our contirbution to the effort? An ascended weapon with a unique glow? A unique weapon skin? Anything…

I fully expected the generic 1st 2nd 3rd place rewards to be bunk. A gold, silver, bronze finisher was all I was hoping for. But everyone who completed this achievement should have gotten something equivilent to what others get in PvE.

It often takes 2 days to do all of the achievements for a living story event with only a few hours each day and from that you get a skin, a bag of loot, etc. For 7 weeks of effort (took me 5 weeks to get all the achievements without going too far out of my way to get them done), I get far less than I receive from a couple hours of doing a living story event.

And then worse still is we had a blog post outlining some rather amazing loot changes coming for sPvP and a video this evening going into further detail about all of that. How much do you want to bet the sPvP rewards are inifinitely better?

WvW is a second thought for ANet and the amount of effort that went into this season is proof that they can’t be bothered to take it seriously.

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

in brief: dolly finisher permanent would have been sufficient for me, as for many other players.

Then, in all fairness, the reward for S1 is simply underwhelming compared of what you can get by farming 1 hour in Frostgorge (as someone rightly pointed out).

Now here you have only one question: do you feel that the wvw s1 reward for the meta achievement is fair if compared to: monthly/daily/living story meta rewards?

[ROCK]
Desolation

(edited by Manuelito.6081)

in WvW

Solstice.1097

I think that people have every right to whine about the rewards right now. This was a 7 week meta achievement and we got a reward you can grind out in hours of playing… I play WvW for the game mode, but sometimes people need motivation to play, so many more people played WvW just for this reward and it was amazing! Now that people know the reward isn’t worth the time, it won’t be nearly as fun in season 2, when not even half of the population will be participating.. They screwed up once again on something that seems like such simple logic… I really want to know who brainstormed these rewards, because they seriously need to be talked to or fired. End of story.

I’m not sure if the intent of my post reached you. Yes they have every right to complain but how is that helping anything? Being negative is going to get us less Anet attention, not more.

in WvW

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Tell me if you do a 4 hours event for 5 greens. Fun? Well… maybe, but you gain nothing…

And how much stuff did you get during those 4 hours in WvW? More than 5 greens I’d wager.

in WvW

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Tomes of Knowledge are great… now everyone can level up their FOTM Warrior faster so we’ll have even more of them in the lakes. :-)

Other than that, the reward is a shambles. Just goes to show that WvW-ers really are second-class citizens. Compared to how easy it is to get Ascended in PVE, in WvW it’s a long hard and boring grind with little to no reward.

in WvW

Dan.2940

I’m not sure if the intent of my post reached you. Yes they have every right to complain but how is that helping anything? Being negative is going to get us less Anet attention, not more.

So is that why flame kissed armor is being changed? From people keeping quiet?

Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

My WvW reward is the splattered blood of my opponent on my toon’s armor :-)

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Piscore.6934

Piscore.6934

7 weeks only for this….. where is my ascendant weapon hehe or 10 wvw booster, i hate green item.

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

You gain nothing…? Really? You had fun. Is having fun not a reward in itself?

Who taught you that you were entitled to having fun AND being rewarded for having fun??

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yes, I’d very much love for more people to be interested in this game type, and rewards are an excellent way to encourage that interest where it might not otherwise exist.

I play for the game mode, but that in no way suggests that we shouldn’t be adequately rewarded for our time.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Dan.2940

This is an mmo. The overwhelming majority of players expect to be rewarded for thea mount of work they put in. While some people may not have had to work toward these achievments, other people have. Not only that, but the reward should reflect 7 weeks worth of work.

This doesn’t mean they should have given us all a full suit of ascended armor, but a unique skin to reflect our contirbution to the effort? An ascended weapon with a unique glow? A unique weapon skin? Anything…

I fully expected the generic 1st 2nd 3rd place rewards to be bunk. A gold, silver, bronze finisher was all I was hoping for. But everyone who completed this achievement should have gotten something equivilent to what others get in PvE.

It often takes 2 days to do all of the achievements for a living story event with only a few hours each day and from that you get a skin, a bag of loot, etc. For 7 weeks of effort (took me 5 weeks to get all the achievements without going too far out of my way to get them done), I get far less than I receive from a couple hours of doing a living story event.

And then worse still is we had a blog post outlining some rather amazing loot changes coming for sPvP and a video this evening going into further detail about all of that. How much do you want to bet the sPvP rewards are inifinitely better?

WvW is a second thought for ANet and the amount of effort that went into this season is proof that they can’t be bothered to take it seriously.

While I agree with the majority of your comment, you can’t even say that they put sPvP in front of WvW… SPvP up until now had ranks that unlocked pvp skins as a reward, is that motivation? Sure you could say it wasn’t anets fault for gw2’s missed esports opportunity, but when everyone was looking for their sPvP support at launch, they were off in PvE land, they neglect both WvW and sPvP, but I’m pretty sure in the long run, WvW has been given alot more attention… Edge of the mists? GvG area in the JP? Ruins? Meta achievement for playing WvW?

Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Doing the achievements, mainly the dolyak/guards one probably took 40 hours for rewards that you could get in 1 hour doing dungeons, fractals, world bosses or champion train.

So any player who spent 40 hours doing those instead of WvW is 40 times richer in GW2.

Such a HUGE disparity in rewards.

Why is WvW not at all rewarding?

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Play WvW with no rewards and no one bats an eye

Play WvW and get a reward that isn’t big enough and everyone loses their minds.

From zero to something is a step in the right direction is it not? Should we not be encouraging Anet to keep going in that direction or should we bash them for even trying? Again, it doesn’t matter who is right, it matters which approach is more effective.

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Doing the achievements, mainly the dolyak/guards one probably took 40 hours for rewards that you could get in 1 hour doing dungeons, fractals, world bosses or champion train.

So any player who spent 40 hours doing those instead of WvW is 40 times richer in GW2.

Such a HUGE disparity in rewards.

If you did dolyaks or sentries or merc camps I feel bad for you. I’m a WvW player so I only had to go out of my way for 30 minutes to do the puzzles to get my key. I skipped dolyaks, sentries, merc camps, and ruins and got my 15/19 and the key just fine.

in WvW

Posted by: gnotshr.9136

gnotshr.9136

For me personally, the feeling that I get when I win a 3v1 in WvW is unmatched by anything else this game has to offer. The heart pumping, adrenaline filled joy that I experience when spiking that last man, is the REWARD.

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

You gain nothing…? Really? You had fun. Is having fun not a reward in itself?

Who taught you that you were entitled to having fun AND being rewarded for having fun??

Had less fun during the league than I had before the league.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I think they should have given out precursors so that everyone transfers to winning servers. Those who can’t make it in, quit in discuss.

Then we’ll be on another game’s forums in two years talking about how GW2 was killed off by it’s own creators.

Moral of the Story: be happy with your greens and essence of luck; transfer less.

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Would you play WvW if there were no rewards other than enough money to repair armor, start upgrades, and buy siege?

If no then you’re also a PvE player and I’m sure you do just fine getting your rewards.

If yes then any reward is a bonus right?

in WvW

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Tbh I’m glad there were no big rewards.

Imagine season 2:
Even more people joining the biggest servers, dead bottom tier servers, more zerging, more 2v1s and so on. Giving out awesome rewards now is just a big f… you to small servers which are already in a bad spot because of the current system.

Once WvW is balanced there should be big rewards. Until then small ones is the best way to do it.

P.S. The Mini Dolyak is permanent. * Kappa *

in WvW

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

I, too, was up with you until you mentioned sPvP. I don’t think your sPvP or you wouldn’t say it.

Historically, sPvP gets jack and has the most horrendous grind that you’ll ever see. Most sPvPers don’t even open the chests they get because they know if it just some more gear that would take up more space. The only current change is the add to some unknown amount of gold to matches. I’m willing to give good odds that WvW remains far more profitable.

That aside, the reward is pitiful. I fully expected the reward difference due to leaderboard to be neglible. (Sorry, but if they aren’t willing to reward sPvP leaderboards why the kitten should they do it for WvW). However, I was hoping for something real out of the chest. Go do about 7 tower of nightmare runs and you’ll get better rewards. That’s sad.

Would you play WvW if there were no rewards other than enough money to repair armor, start upgrades, and buy siege?

If no then you’re also a PvE player and I’m sure you do just fine getting your rewards.

If yes then any reward is a bonus right?

No, This is a fallacy. I do sPvP; where rewards are near non-existent. That doesn’t make the system less broken. It doesn’t mean the upcoming changes are “just a bonus.” It means I can play what I enjoy and still get other things I want and need.

(edited by Dosvidaniya.3260)

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

I don’t know what everyone here is complaining about; I found my s1 rewards to be quite unique!

As soon as I opened the Season 1 Rewards Chest, an Anet Dev personally hopped out of the chest, kicked my character in the nuts, and then a laugh track played for about 10 minutes while he made “yo momma” jokes at my expense! Oh, and I got a temporary Dolyak Finisher. Great job, Anet!

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I think they should have given out precursors so that everyone transfers to winning servers. Those who can’t make it in, quit in discuss.

Then we’ll be on another game’s forums in two years talking about how GW2 was killed off by it’s own creators.

Moral of the Story: be happy with your greens and essence of luck; transfer less.

this makes no sense, everyone who completed the meta got the chest. No matter what server you where on.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Tomes of Knowledge are 100% useless to me. I have 9 level 80’s and I am not going to buy a tenth slot for another character. What in the world am I going to do with 10 Tomes of Knowledge? I already have one in the vault collecting dust!

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Tomes of Knowledge are 100% useless to me. I have 9 level 80’s and I am not going to buy a tenth slot for another character. What in the world am I going to do with 10 Tomes of Knowledge? I already have one in the vault collecting dust!

I can never remember, are those the level up ones? Use them as in-combat insta-heals >.<

And for the skill points use them to upgrade siege to superior and sell for profit, or craft things like vision of the mists for profit (last I did it made like 20g profit for 50 skill points)

in WvW

Posted by: applecup.3047

applecup.3047

if used on a level 80 char they will give a level of xp = 1 skill point

used for buying skills, buying mats for use in the toilet (useful for making asc weapons, upgrading siege, etc)

[III] Third Legio, Aurora Glade
An Officer and a Gentlewoman

in WvW

Posted by: gnotshr.9136

gnotshr.9136

There are items in game bought with skill points. You now have 10 more.

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

I`d be happy if reward was a single thing unique to WvW – a cosmetic weapon/armor skin or something.

This much “rewards” as we got, i earn in evening playing WvW. Dolyak, tome of knowledge etc. are completely useless for not new players. Every single Living World event had better rewards.

So basically the only thing worthy of doing the achivement was title. I understand the idea of not having too great rewards so that it does not turn into necessary grind/transfer race – but this is just plain silly. All excitement of multiple months nullified in instant.

For those who say we should WvW for WvW sake – we do. But neverless its normal to be insulted and tricket when you open a christmas present and find a pair of socks after being told to behave and be a good boy for the months before Christmas so that Santa would come.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website