[[Unofficial GvG Scene Thread]]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

GvG FSV vs NP (unprepared and for the fun!)
http://www.twitch.tv/terrorsquad1990/c/2792828

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in In-game Events

Posted by: DarkRealityNL.1594

DarkRealityNL.1594

@Dranul:

I have also responded to your post in the match-up thread, but here we go again:

PunK is not a guild to deny another guild’s history, unless we have (beforehand) decided (together with the other guild) that the GvG is not going to be listed.

We accepted the GvG with you guys (in the week of our GvG agains Fire and HoB) because it was not to be listed. We had that fight on the same day as our Fire fight (actually: after our Fire fight). If it was to be listed, we would not have gone for it (seeing as how one GvG can drain enough focus and energy as it is).

Look at our record; we have lost more than we have won, and have never denied a guild their history, nor will we start to do so (again: unless it was discussed beforehand that it was not to be listed).

In this case: we did discuss this.

Also: i would have preferred you comming to us in private first, so that we could have talked about this, before you decided to come here and damage our reputation. Even so, we are still open for a discussion about this. Whisper me or Chelios ingame please.

Dark Dahlenn [PunK] – Desolation
— Raid Leader
—— Guilty by default

in In-game Events

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Had no time tonight was out and came back late – hence didn’t have time to do it correctly and appropriately in a private manner. We’ve both discussed this now in private, all sorted and misunderstandings now corrected.

PunK is correct that they aren’t that kinda guild – hence my initial shock and disappointment not to mention my overreaction. All sorted.

For me it needs a place for history on site. As a GvG is a GvG part of the history of us all.

Still for others it is an apparent issue though with people dodging GvGs, gets frustrating when you go weeks without one.

Appreciate the chat Dark.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in In-game Events

Posted by: Naytron.7831

Naytron.7831

North American GvG scene was really active this week! Let’s all hope for more fights next match-up!

Nate
[NS] – Jade Quarry
Night Shift Guild Leader

in In-game Events

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Thanks to qT and Agg for the scrimmage fights last night. Had a lot of fun!

in In-game Events

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

Done with reworking the rating system and leaderboards. I ran all the matches up till now (ordered by date) through the system, both the rating system and leaderboard are alot more accurate now and I can say there’s some interesting shifting!

This will also be in for the new website, can’t wait to show it to you guys.

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

Done with reworking the rating system and leaderboards. I ran all the matches up till now (ordered by date) through the system, both the rating system and leaderboard are alot more accurate now and I can say there’s some interesting shifting!

Thanks! Can’t wait to see it!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Is there any reason why the BACK button screws up the website? You have to click a tab or link to get it to show, makes browsing guild records really annoying.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in In-game Events

MartyPartys.9187

Is there any reason why the BACK button screws up the website? You have to click a tab or link to get it to show, makes browsing guild records really annoying.

wait.. there is a back button?

I honestly don’t know what you mean

in In-game Events

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Isnt guild vs guild going to die next patch when they return the orbs of power? Since you know that the server that has the orb will have a stat advantage over the two that dont.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in In-game Events

MartyPartys.9187

Isnt guild vs guild going to die next patch when they return the orbs of power? Since you know that the server that has the orb will have a stat advantage over the two that dont.

Hopefully the orbs won’t give any stat bonusses and if it will I’m sure the community will be able to find a workaround

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

Hopefully the orbs won’t give any stat bonusses and if it will I’m sure the community will be able to find a workaround

Maybe we can take the orbs and hold them on the spectator hill. xD

in In-game Events

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Number 1 way to get a GvG interrupted? :P

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in In-game Events

MartyPartys.9187

Haha and then defend it with all the people around there, that would be the best.

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

Haha and then defend it with all the people around there, that would be the best.

If there are guilds fighting on the spectator hill while there’s a GvG going on….would that be GvGception?

in In-game Events

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I’m going to ask what may be an obvious question, but I’m a solo roamer so I may not get the meta. All these videos show Elementalist’s throwing static fields at the beginning of the fights. Every video also shows stability being used to counter right at the beginning. Is this just to put the stability skills on cooldown? Since something as simple as Stand your Ground is on a 10 second shorter cooldown doesn’t that defeat the purpose? Is the idea just to hope to catch someone sleeping?

Just a curious observer.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in In-game Events

Savoy.6824

Hate to burst your bubble @MartyPartys but heres a direct quote from Devon Carter

“Are the orbs coming back? No. Are we bringing back the buff? Yes, although the way you get it and hold it is going to be drastically different. Are you going to see a major map change in concert with this? Yes. Is it coming soon? Most definitely.”

From this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Orbs-of-Power-gonna-return/first

They are bringing the stat buff back.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

I’m going to ask what may be an obvious question, but I’m a solo roamer so I may not get the meta. All these videos show Elementalist’s throwing static fields at the beginning of the fights. Every video also shows stability being used to counter right at the beginning. Is this just to put the stability skills on cooldown? Since something as simple as Stand your Ground is on a 10 second shorter cooldown doesn’t that defeat the purpose? Is the idea just to hope to catch someone sleeping?

Just a curious observer.

Stability doesn’t always hit everyone that it’s shouted at. It’s either random, or based on range from the guardian shouting it (not sure which). You can usually catch a couple people in it, and when you do you can pounce on them. Effectively, yes, it’s because you hope you can catch someone sleeping.

It’s also, yes, to encourage the enemy to blow their cooldowns as soon as the fight starts. The more CC you can throw on them, the better. Another common tactic is a static field and then zealots embrace, which immobilizes. You can usually get several people to have to break stun or use condition clears, which are then on cooldown.

in In-game Events

Hickeroar.9734

Hate to burst your bubble @MartyPartys but heres a direct quote from Devon Carter

“Are the orbs coming back? No. Are we bringing back the buff? Yes, although the way you get it and hold it is going to be drastically different. Are you going to see a major map change in concert with this? Yes. Is it coming soon? Most definitely.”

From this thread:

And then later Devon said they provided no details about what “the buff” was, as a backpedal on that comment.

in In-game Events

Savoy.6824

Do you have a source for this backpedal comment? I searched the entire thread that i referenced and I saw no such comment.

in In-game Events

Feed Me Change.6528

The back button on my browser.. Sorry should have clarified.

in In-game Events

Feed Me Change.6528

From this thread:

And then later Devon said they provided no details about what “the buff” was, as a backpedal on that comment.

Everyone is under the assumption that "the buff’ is the original + stats buff.

EDIT: I think might be the “backpedal”

“You aren’t talking to thin air. However, keep in mind that the more you all speculate about something with essentially 0 information, the less inclined we are to constantly pop in and correct you. We will release more info about the changes coming when we are ready to do so. I’m teasing some stuff and trying to be clear about some things, but I can’t tell you all everything for a variety of reasons. Suffice to say, rampant speculation is very unlikely to see many, if any, dev responses.”

But doesn’t really say much, sadly.

(edited by Feed Me Change.6528)

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Is this just to put the stability skills on cooldown?

Is the idea just to hope to catch someone sleeping?

Yes and yes. Although this particular case, as you correctly pointed out, is not the best “CD trading” deal.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in In-game Events

saiyr.3071

I’ve never noticed issues with the back button not working on the site, that I recall.

in In-game Events

Savoy.6824

@LilMcGinley well it stands to reason that if it were going to be a totally different buff then the dev would have said that. Devon probably wouldnt have gone into detail but he would have at least said that it would be different. Now i dont doubt that it will have a different amount of stat boost, but it still appears it will boost stats to some degree.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

From this thread:

Everyone is under the assumption that "the buff’ is the original + stats buff.

If I understood correctly, the point was that they are not bringing portable orbs back so you wouldn’t be able to shift the focus of “orb fight” to GvG spot.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in In-game Events

Savoy.6824

There was a lot of speculation an hyperbole before he came back with that admonishing quote. I dont think hes speaking specifically to the buff with that quote. Especially since he said they were bringing back the buff. It seems very straight forward to me.

in In-game Events

Feed Me Change.6528

I’ve never noticed issues with the back button not working on the site, that I recall.

Yeah I’m working with him via PM to figure it out.

To everyone that replied to me: Yes I’m aware of what Devon said, I just stated that everything currently believes that the OLD BUFF will return. The one with +50 stats.

He said is a different mechanic, I highly, HIGHLY doubt it is a portable item like it was before so yeah, GvG over the orb won’t happen.

EDIT: If he meant a different buff (not the +50 stats) I believe he would have said “bringing a buff back”, not “the buff”. I guess time will tell.

in In-game Events

Savoy.6824

I agree LilMcGinley. I think it will be some iteration of the +50 stats buff. Otherwise he would have worded it differently. Im posting to try to raise awareness of this because if you dont like it then now is the time to voice your opinion. Its going live in two weeks. Personally Id like it to be a boost to magic find, or gold find. Something that doesnt affect gvg and solo roamers.

in In-game Events

Feed Me Change.6528

I agree LilMcGinley. I think it will be some iteration of the +50 stats buff. Otherwise he would have worded it differently. Im posting to try to raise awareness of this because if you dont like it then now is the time to voice your opinion. Its going live in two weeks. Personally Id like it to be a boost to magic find, or gold find. Something that doesnt affect gvg and solo roamers.

When did they announce the time table for release??

Wow 2 weeks. Get your GvGs in now!!

in In-game Events

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Since I haven’t had any luck in the guild subforums are there any GvG guilds recruiting? If it involves transferring to EU I’ll have to be informed about the lag situation from another NA player.

~Former member of Team Legacy looking to get back into the action.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Lol gratz to Lion on becoming the top ranked guild EU.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in In-game Events

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

@MartyPartys.9187
is the new placement of Man Eaters [Lion] a part of your “interesting shifting”?
Just kidding. :P

When can we expect to see the new changes?

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

in In-game Events

Posted by: wedo.3049

wedo.3049

daoc had relics that gave + to dmg too and it wasn’t game breaking ppl still 8v8 and zergs still zerged it isn’t that big of a deal.

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Lol gratz to Lion on becoming the top ranked guild EU.

Lol how’d that happen? Just looked at game history, lol.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in In-game Events

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

I think its because their rank dropped below 100k and no guilds has done that before.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Why doesn’t the gvg site have forums???

Logical step IMHO

in In-game Events

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Really worried with all im reading.. I honestly hope Anet understands the ecosystem theyre dealing with… orbs as we knew them would destroy any semblance of seriousness in the gvg scene, and could completely freeze it… or worse.

Magic find, gold find, karma boost… those are acceptable. Go nuts with those and u’ll see a flock of pver’s come through the portals. But please dont destroy us carelessly.

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

It’s actually a stat buff, I believe 5% boost to hp and +50 to all stats, but supposedly it’ll be easier to reset.

in In-game Events

Ogre.1750

Meaning 3 orbs = 15% /+150 ??

We’re done for.

Is this confirmed Jahn?

in In-game Events

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

No confirmation, may change by the time it’s live.

Also, it may not transcend beyond each borderland. So there won’t be a cumulative effect like before.

in In-game Events

MartyPartys.9187

@MartyPartys.9187
is the new placement of Man Eaters [Lion] a part of your “interesting shifting”?
Just kidding. :P

When can we expect to see the new changes?

There seems to be a bug in the ordering as their rating does show correctlty. Will be fixed tonight, long day of work ahead first.

I cant really say when you will see the new changes, when its done, Im working kitten it. Gosh now I now how devon must feel.

It could be anything from a week to a month, just dont pin me down on it and this isnt a promise :P.

in In-game Events

Jinks.2057

Ask for option to turn off orb bonuses ala commander tags

This not only solves GvG but FC duels as well.

Now get me my GvG forums

in In-game Events

Ogre.1750

Now get me my GvG forums

Do everything this man asks you to do. He seems a gentleman and a scholar.

in In-game Events

Jinks.2057

Now get me my GvG forums

Do everything this man asks you to do. He seems a gentleman and a scholar.

You literally have no clue what you just asked for…servers across NA are now trembling in fear that “anything I ask” will come true.

in In-game Events

saiyr.3071

What have you done, Ogre, what have you done!!

in In-game Events

saiyr.3071

Remember that thing about just reporting trolls and not biting?

in In-game Events

Ogre.1750

What have you done, Ogre, what have you done!!

Attachments:

in In-game Events

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

I do. So, I’m the only one amused? Disappointing.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate